PDA

View Full Version : Parity 2010

Gort
11-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Parity 2010

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/A-demonstration-of-NFL-parity-in-one-handy-circ?urn=nfl-288589

read the chart clockwise. for example, start with the Broncos (at 4 o'clock). the Broncos beat the Titans 26-20. the Titans beat the Cowboys 34-27. the Cowboys beat the Texans 27-13. etc.

the creator put some work into this. it's a bit like a jigsaw puzzle to work it out, but he did. does it mean anything? not really, but it's still kinda cool to see that he could come up with a sequence that works and that includes all of the teams.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__29/ept_sports_nfl_experts-896147565-1290535302.jpg?ymGWZIEDFYyyGqzn

broncosteven
11-23-2010, 05:19 PM
It is easier to google search "NFL Standings"

Popps
11-23-2010, 05:20 PM
It is easier to google search "NFL Standings"

Good god, you're a bore. Honestly... you're just miserable.

Hope things get better for you, man. You used to be somewhat interesting.

Popps
11-23-2010, 05:23 PM
Parity 2010

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/A-demonstration-of-NFL-parity-in-one-handy-circ?urn=nfl-288589

read the chart clockwise. for example, start with the Broncos (at 4 o'clock). the Broncos beat the Titans 26-20. the Titans beat the Cowboys 34-27. the Cowboys beat the Texans 27-13. etc.

the creator put some work into this. it's a bit like a jigsaw puzzle to work it out, but he did. doesn't it mean anything? not really, but it's still kinda cool to see that he could come up with a sequence that works and that includes all of the teams.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__29/ept_sports_nfl_experts-896147565-1290535302.jpg?ymGWZIEDFYyyGqzn

Pretty cool... and I mean, he's right. We've talked about this here already. There is no great team this year, and there won't be. Some decent team will win the SB this year by catching fire at the right time.

In some senses, it's a shame that there isn't a "great" team right now. Conversely, fans of struggling teams like ours can look at this as evidence that just a few good moves can get your team right back in contention the following season.

broncosteven
11-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Good god, you're a bore. Honestly... you're just miserable.

Hope things get better for you, man. You used to be somewhat interesting.

What's up with the off topic personal attack?

Popps
11-23-2010, 05:42 PM
What's up with the off topic personal attack?

Dude posts a semi-interesting thread and you come in with your Debbie-Downer routine.

What, you'd prefer it was the 100th "we're doomed forever" thread?

Good lord.

vancejohnson82
11-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Dude posts a semi-interesting thread and you come in with your Debbie-Downer routine.

Good lord.

hahaha...

I prefer the uber-clever threads that say something like McDummy or McPoopyPants....those are GREAT!

broncosteven
11-23-2010, 05:49 PM

Good lord.

And you have to lash out and attack.

3-7 makes everyone but you and TSI sad.

Popps
11-23-2010, 05:54 PM
And you have to lash out and attack.

3-7 makes everyone but you and TSI sad.

Sad?

Football doesn't make me "sad," guy. It's a game.

You're the one attacking a dude's thread for no real reason. Sorry this impacts your life to such a degree.

Dagmar
11-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Pretty cool... and I mean, he's right. We've talked about this here already. There is no great team this year, and there won't be. Some decent team will win the SB this year by catching fire at the right time.

In some senses, it's a shame that there isn't a "great" team right now. Conversely, fans of struggling teams like ours can look at this as evidence that just a few good moves can get your team right back in contention the following season.

Wasn't this the first year that the NFL after 8 games every team had two losses or something?

Jason in LA
11-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Parity is supposed to pull everybody towards the middle. I guess parity doesn't work in Denver.

Popps
11-23-2010, 06:00 PM
Wasn't this the first year that the NFL after 8 games every team had two losses or something?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Thing is... who's the best team in the league? The Falcons? Philly? The Jets?

Those are some very sub-par "best" teams.

We came close to beating the Jets, and if you add Doom and Ayers to our team... I think we'd hang with Atlanta. Philly is a wild-card because of Vick.
He's a one man-gang that can't be stopped, but I have a feeling teams will figure out how to, just like they did on his first go around. He's a better passer now, but some defense will figure him out.

Popps
11-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Parity is supposed to pull everybody towards the middle. I guess parity doesn't work in Denver.

Well, we've been around .500 forever, including last season... until this year.

We could still finish out in that range.

briane
11-23-2010, 06:06 PM
sad?

Football doesn't make me "sad," guy. It's a game.

You're the one attacking a dude's thread for no real reason. Sorry this impacts your life to such a degree.

lol