PDA

View Full Version : so who do we play in the first round of playoffs ?

Spider
11-19-2010, 08:38 AM
:d

bowtown
11-19-2010, 08:46 AM
So does this mean that McDaniels is off the throat punch express for the time being?

Spider
11-19-2010, 08:47 AM
So does this mean that McDaniels is off the throat punch express for the time being?

:D so far .......

supermanhr9
11-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Hey I would love to just make the playoffs. I really regret what I said some years ago when we were blasted by the Colts for the second year in a row in the first round. "I would rather not make the playoffs than get embarrassed in the first round each year" I take that back,,, I would much rather be embarrassed in the first round!!

broncosteven
11-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Hey I would love to just make the playoffs. I really regret what I said some years ago when we were blasted by the Colts for the second year in a row in the first round. "I would rather not make the playoffs than get embarrassed in the first round each year" I take that back,,, I would much rather be embarrassed in the first round!!

Yep, People who say than haven't experienced what it is not like to make it to the playoffs.

tsiguy96
11-19-2010, 09:16 AM
funny, i made a playoff thread and people got all up in arms about me being an idiot homer whos daydreaming etc etc

OABB
11-19-2010, 09:17 AM
How many 3-6 teams have even made the playoffs?

Old Dude
11-19-2010, 09:24 AM
How many 3-6 teams have even made the playoffs?

Not very many. LOL

Football outsiders calculates Denver's current chances of making the playoffs as 1 in 50.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds

With an inside track on the #7 pick in the 2011 draft.

JLesSPE
11-19-2010, 09:25 AM
I know the Bengals in 1970 started off 1-6 and made the playoffs, but that was a 14 game schedule.

snowspot66
11-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Not very many. LOL

Football outsiders calculates Denver's current chances of making the playoffs as 1 in 50.

Not very many of those teams played in the awesome division that is this years AFC West.

OABB
11-19-2010, 09:29 AM
A division win this year would be as hilarious as it would be awesome. As a homer, I beleive it will happen. As a realist I know it won't. Go broncos.

Old Dude
11-19-2010, 09:32 AM
I'll wait and see if they can sustain their turnaround against the Chargers. If they win Monday night, then I'll have a sip or two of the koolaid. Otherwise, I'm not even going to fantasize about the playoffs.

broncosteven
11-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Considering we have so many division games left it could happen but we still need SD and Raiders to help us out. I would like to see one more solid win before I get my hopes up.

colonelbeef
11-19-2010, 09:33 AM
[X] this team is a pile of hot garbage

bronco militia
11-19-2010, 09:44 AM
funny, i made a playoff thread and people got all up in arms about me being an idiot homer whos daydreaming etc etc

not everyone can be as cool as spider

Homer Simpson
11-19-2010, 09:44 AM

[x] I have literally seen Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers fans have more positive and complimentary posts about the Broncos than you.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-19-2010, 09:45 AM
[X] I am a pile of hot garbage

We know.

Ambiguous
11-19-2010, 09:49 AM
[x] I have literally seen Chiefs and Chargers have more positive and complimentary posts about the Broncos than you.

The Chiefs and Chargers post on here?

Homer Simpson
11-19-2010, 09:51 AM
The Chiefs and Chargers post on here?

Fans. Whoops.

Spider
11-19-2010, 09:54 AM

so just what is it you are trying to tell us ?

listopencil
11-19-2010, 09:54 AM

Well...you are.

Rabb
11-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Well...you are.

he gets ass hurt about not being an important part of the internet...that's all it is

Old Dude
11-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Chiefs remaining schedule:

Arizona
@ seattle
Denver
@ san diego
@ st. louis
Tennessee
Oakland

Raiders remaining schedule:

@ pittsburgh
Miami
@ san diego
@ jacksonville
Denver
Indianapolis
@ kansas city

Chargers remaining schedule

Denver
@ indianapolis
Oakland
Kansas City
San Francisco
@ cincinnati
@ denver

Oakland doesn't have a great schedule but the Chiefs don't have a very tough one, and the Chargers get to take on every other AFC west team at home.

Spider
11-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Chiefs remaining schedule:

Arizona
@ seattle
Denver
@ san diego
@ st. louis
Tennessee
Oakland

Raiders remaining schedule:

@ pittsburgh
Miami
@ san diego
@ jacksonville
Denver
Indianapolis
@ kansas city

Chargers remaining schedule

Denver
@ indianapolis
Oakland
Kansas City
San Francisco
@ cincinnati
@ denver

Oakland doesn't have a great schedule but the Chiefs don't have a very tough one, and the Chargers get to take on every other AFC west team at home.
actually , I would love playoffs , but I would settle for 8-8 9-7 ....record ....some sign of improvement .......

baja
11-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Not very many. LOL

If we beat SD this Monday I bet the ratio gets halved.

gunns
11-19-2010, 10:59 AM
I'll wait and see if they can sustain their turnaround against the Chargers. If they win Monday night, then I'll have a sip or two of the koolaid. Otherwise, I'm not even going to fantasize about the playoffs.

This is where I'm at.

I really want some koolaid.

Jason in LA
11-19-2010, 11:00 AM

Well Spider can be funny. lol

Smiling Assassin27
11-19-2010, 11:05 AM
I think we have Fassel in here somewhere. Looks like Spider's going Fassel at week 11. Works for me.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lGXHxhDMBBY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lGXHxhDMBBY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

HAT
11-19-2010, 11:19 AM
The correct answer is the Chargers.....And the PO's start on Monday.

JLesSPE
11-19-2010, 11:40 AM
The correct answer is the Chargers.....And the PO's start on Monday.

That's what I'm thinkin. Every game is more important than the one before it. Realistically we need to win 6 out of the next 7 games to get in. 9-7 might win the division, 10-6 probably wins the division. Hopefully a combination of health and experience for the rooks will propel us to a playoff birth this year!

How weird would it be to start 2-6 and make the playoffs a year after starting 6-0 and missing the playoffs. I guarantee THAT never happened.

TheReverend
11-19-2010, 12:13 PM

What does that tell you about you?

NFLBRONCO
11-19-2010, 12:24 PM
I'll be happy if we have no more games like Raider and SF games the rest of the way. Our playoff dream ends monday night.

Spider
11-19-2010, 12:28 PM
I'll be happy if we have no more games like Raider and SF games the rest of the way. Our playoff dream ends monday night.

dont think we can beat the chargers ? I havent got the chance to see last weeks game , so I dont know what we did or didnt do right .....one thing is for sure is , we won the one on one battles ........

frerottenextelway
11-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Not very many. LOL

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/10/17/2f0ef064-30c9-4482-bd57-cb4de74cc9cb.jpg

crush17
11-19-2010, 03:10 PM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/7/4/f/74f695c0c972511457de77c4f408f250.jpg

Let's worry about this tough Monday night road game we have before any of us start thinking about the freaking playoffs lol

Spider
11-19-2010, 03:14 PM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/7/4/f/74f695c0c972511457de77c4f408f250.jpg

Let's worry about this tough Monday night road game we have before any of us start thinking about the freaking playoffs lol

:wiggle: yeah I can see how fans worrying bout Monday night might help the Broncos ;D
Seriously though , I missed last weeks game so I didnt see, but when you hang 49 points on someone means you are winning the battles , Just like when the Raiders hung 50 + on us they wont every one of the one on one battles ....... Maybe our Oline and team learned to do that ..... We will see

crush17
11-19-2010, 03:20 PM
So by your reasoning, the Raiders are a better team than the Broncos, and will probably make it to the playoffs ahead of them, right?

Or... what? What are you trying to say there?

The point is, don't get too far ahead of yourself. We're 3-6. One more loss puts us out of the playoffs. Monday night IS our next playoff game.

Old Dude
11-19-2010, 03:40 PM
I didn't want to spoil the ending for you guys, but here it is.

Denver loses in San Diego. Not a blowout, but decisively.

We all say screw it, and the draft speculation begins. The biggest issue is whether we should give Tebow some experience.

Then Denver wins 5 in a row and climbs to 8-7.

The divisional mathematics drive everyone crazy for several days. Oakland, Kansas City and Denver will all be scrambling for a spot. The only team who won't give a damn is the Chargers, because they know that if they couldn't do anything in the playoffs when they were good, they sure as hell won't do anything this year.

But the Chargers will win the final in Denver. People will scream for McDaniels' head.

The Chargers will, surprisingly, make it all the way to the super bowl, where they will get punked.

I hated to tell you all this but I know the suspense was killing us all.

Spider
11-19-2010, 03:47 PM
So by your reasoning, the Raiders are a better team than the Broncos, and will probably make it to the playoffs ahead of them, right?

Or... what? What are you trying to say there?

The point is, don't get too far ahead of yourself. We're 3-6. One more loss puts us out of the playoffs. Monday night IS our next playoff game.

they sure was that night , but then so was every other team , and the Raiders have improved have they lost since then ?
the talent we have , we should be a 8-8 team easy .... and what if I do get to far ahead of my self ? the broncos will suffer ?
the football gods will sacrifice virgins ?
will doomsday happen ?
Dogs and Cats living together in a mixed marriage ?
Just what will happen if I get to far ahead of myself here ?

SJ Bronco
11-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Not very many. LOL

I'd be pumped, but since there is no way we would pick Andrew Luck, I really have no interest in where we draft. We'll just trade it away for 5 7th rounders and a pickle anyway.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-19-2010, 04:31 PM
I'd be pumped, but since there is no way we would pick Andrew Luck, I really have no interest in where we draft. We'll just trade it away for 5 7th rounders and a pickle anyway.

yeah, because QB is where we have needs.

Christ, that's retarded. "We're not going to draft this guy who is good but doesn't play a position where we need help. So I don't care about the draft." Brilliant.

baja
11-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ Bronco

Christ, that's retarded. "We're not going to draft this guy who is good but doesn't play a position where we need help. So I don't care about the draft." Brilliant.

read much?

snowspot66
11-19-2010, 04:34 PM

Why would you be pumped and what on Earth makes you think we'd have a shot at him anyway? The Bills are taking him with the first pick in the draft.

SJ Bronco
11-19-2010, 04:46 PM

Read it again. BTW- I'm a HUGE Stanford fan and Alumni if that helps you reason what I'm talking about.

SJ Bronco
11-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Why would you be pumped and what on Earth makes you think we'd have a shot at him anyway? The Bills are taking him with the first pick in the draft.

Bills would take him, if he even comes out. He's already stated, as of now, that he'd rather be in school another year than go to certain teams. Speculation was, he was talking about Buffalo.