PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall

cutthemdown
11-19-2010, 02:20 AM
So I watched the game tonight like most of you probably did. One play he seemed to have a drop then was clapping his hands after as if to say its ok we will rally? Had sort of a weird look on his face. I think this guy is a very strange personality. Not saying he's crazy...but he's not normal.

Then he gets hurt and leaves the game.

So he has 1 td? Man for this year its safe to say he's a bust. But he will have a couple more years to show the Dolphins he was worth 2 first round picks.

One question though. How can a WR whose game is being physical, taking short passes and breaking tackles, using his size to shield defender from the ball, not be good in the redzone? Why doesn't he score more his game is tailored made for the traffic of the redzone?

The Joker
11-19-2010, 02:36 AM
He struggles in the redzone because he runs sloppy routes and he generally sucks at coming down with passes where he has to fight the defender.

The routes thing is a problem because he can't get open in the tighter spaces down near the goalline. All the windows down there are smaller, you need sharper cuts on your routes to give the QB that split second longer to get the ball to you.

As for fighting the defender, watch a guy like Larry Fitzgerald, lob the ball anywhere near him and he'll nearly kill himself trying to come down with it. Andre Johnson is the same, they just want that ball more than the CB does. Marshall doesn't have that consistently, because he's soft mentally. On occassion he seems to get his head straight and goes out there and plays like a man possessed and on those days he can be the total package.

But more often than not, he's just a solid possession WR and nothing more.

Ratboy
11-19-2010, 02:53 AM
Miami needs a QB

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-19-2010, 03:24 AM
It wasn't two firsts. It was two seconds.

Cito Pelon
11-19-2010, 04:06 AM
Marshall's best year for TD receptions was 2009 with Orton and McDaniels. IIRC, his TD total in 2009 doubled his previous 3 years' total in the NFL. Marshall thought the grass might be greener elsewhere. I don't blame him, he had a lot of baggage in Denver despite the career year for TD's.

ShutDownPoster
11-19-2010, 04:41 AM
It was quite ironic that he got flagged for taunting Jay as he ran out of bounds on that one catch. On the replay he tossed the ball at Jay and Jay had this WTF look on his face. LOLs

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-19-2010, 04:55 AM
It was quite ironic that he got flagged for taunting Jay as he ran out of bounds on that one catch. On the replay he tossed the ball at Jay and Jay had this WTF look on his face. LOLs

But Jay was "the ultimate team player" and was "real tight" with everyone from those Broncos teams, I thought.

Or perhaps he's a douchebag.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-19-2010, 05:23 AM
Pay him now!!!!1!!

Rock Chalk
11-19-2010, 05:53 AM
I was so hoping Brandon and Jay would get in a fight. Dammit.

baja
11-19-2010, 06:02 AM
did you catch the look on Jay's face after Brandon throw the ball at his face.

Jerry Curl
11-19-2010, 06:05 AM
It looked like he was saying "Nice Catch" or something and then was just like "oooooohhhhhh"

baja
11-19-2010, 06:08 AM
It looked like he was saying "Nice Catch" or something and then was just like "oooooohhhhhh"

Jay went into instant ass burnt mode.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-19-2010, 06:24 AM
If you can read lips, you could see him demanding a trade.

Ray Finkle
11-19-2010, 06:29 AM
They spoke on Mike and Mike this morning (I was in the gym and it was better than watching news) and they claim that Jay told Chicago NOT to trade for BM that he wanted him no where near the team....

baja
11-19-2010, 06:55 AM
They spoke on Mike and Mike this morning (I was in the gym and it was better than watching news) and they claim that Jay told Chicago NOT to trade for BM that he wanted him no where near the team....

I see Jay is getting a little better with his attitude and seems to recognize he needs to work on these parts of his game but I still see him standing all by himself whenever the camera shows him on the sidelines. Brian Urlacher in the post game interview had a hard time being complimentary toward Cutler, all he could muster was, " He's been in the league a long time now." Jay enjoys the best field position of any team in the NFL yet it's his defense that is winning games for the Bears. Actually Chicago would be better off with Orton and all the picks.

Brandon can not handle the star status and will implode before too much longer and if Cutler said he didn't want Marshall anywhere near his team he was right.

Ray Finkle
11-19-2010, 07:22 AM
I see Jay is getting a little better with his attitude and seems to recognize he needs to work on these parts of his game but I still see him standing all by himself whenever the camera shows him on the sidelines. Brian Urlacher in the post game interview had a hard time being complimentary toward Cutler, all he could muster was, " He's been in the league a long time now." Jay enjoys the best field position of any team in the NFL yet it's his defense that is winning games for the Bears. Actually Chicago would be better off with Orton and all the picks.

Brandon can not handle the star status and will implode before too much longer and if Cutler said he didn't want Marshall anywhere near his team he was right.

Good points....I think when you take Orton, Gaffney, Lloyd and the picks, Denver comes out ahead. But of course in a land of needing instant gratification......

ColoradoDarin
11-19-2010, 07:26 AM
did you catch the look on Jay's face after Brandon throw the ball at his face.

It looked like Jay was trash talking Brandon a bit (probably just trying to have fun with him "nice catch" sarcastically), but I'm sure that Miami being shut out and their offense sucking, it wasn't taken well by BM.

I really think that Brandon needs an adult version of the punt, pass and kick competition....

Garcia Bronco
11-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Strange personality? Yeah, we call it bi-polar.

Hogan11
11-19-2010, 07:46 AM

Yup....and as everyone should know, the bi-polar should be avoided at all costs.

Rock Chalk
11-19-2010, 08:33 AM
If you can read lips, you could see him demanding a trade.

Epic win.

Br0nc0Buster
11-19-2010, 08:36 AM
yeah Miami got hosed on that trade

biggest contract ever and two 2nds for a receiver who is bipolar, putting up very average numbers, and is one screw up from an 8 game suspension

looks like Miami traded for the wrong Brandon, they should asked for Lloyd instead

Smiling Assassin27
11-19-2010, 08:39 AM
It's pretty obvious that BM is not built to take adversity head on. Rather than ratchet up his work ethic or support his team as a leader, he is prone to creating diversions like last night's Cutler fiasco in hopes the media and fans won't focus on his lack of production after signing a monster deal.

The truth is that he doesn't have a clue how to emerge from a slump because a)he has marginal coaching in Miami; b) he would rather point fingers at the scheme or the qb who isn't targeting him enough; and c)he gets paid whether he comes out of this or not.

For the record, trading him--no matter what we got for him--was addition by subtraction.

Old Dude
11-19-2010, 09:06 AM
It's pretty obvious that BM is not built to take adversity head on. Rather than ratchet up his work ethic or support his team as a leader, he is prone to creating diversions like last night's Cutler fiasco in hopes the media and fans won't focus on his lack of production after signing a monster deal.

The truth is that he doesn't have a clue how to emerge from a slump because a)he has marginal coaching in Miami; b) he would rather point fingers at the scheme or the qb who isn't targeting him enough; and c)he gets paid whether he comes out of this or not.

For the record, trading him--no matter what we got for him--was addition by subtraction.

Geez, he sounds almost like a "baby T.O."

Smiling Assassin27
11-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Geez, he sounds almost like a "baby T.O."

except daddy T.O. has hall of fame numbers. this guy just has hall of fame arrogance.

Dedhed
11-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Here's to hoping that Miami doesn't score for the rest of the year so we get a really high 2nd rounder.

BroncoDoug
11-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah I mentioned something like this in the make shift game thread. There is just something not right with Marshall, some sort of chemical imbalance in his brain that is making him a ticking time bomb. I'm glad we got rid of him when we did...

baja
11-19-2010, 10:13 AM

When you consider this and Jay's struggles to achieve him assumed potential you have to consider the impressive foresight of Josh McDaniels. The passing game is clearly better without both of the personalties and the picks they garnered are a nice bonus.

I am really looking forward to the remainder of the games this season. I think we are going to surprise a lot of people.

gyldenlove
11-19-2010, 10:45 AM
He struggles in the redzone because he runs sloppy routes and he generally sucks at coming down with passes where he has to fight the defender.

The routes thing is a problem because he can't get open in the tighter spaces down near the goalline. All the windows down there are smaller, you need sharper cuts on your routes to give the QB that split second longer to get the ball to you.

As for fighting the defender, watch a guy like Larry Fitzgerald, lob the ball anywhere near him and he'll nearly kill himself trying to come down with it. Andre Johnson is the same, they just want that ball more than the CB does. Marshall doesn't have that consistently, because he's soft mentally. On occassion he seems to get his head straight and goes out there and plays like a man possessed and on those days he can be the total package.

But more often than not, he's just a solid possession WR and nothing more.

That is absolutely the truth, his route running a major detriment in the end zone, he just doesn't get himself in a situation where there is a window to make the pass consistently.

He is much better when you can make the pass at the 20 yard line because he can force the window against 1 defender, but when the safeties and linebackers are so close he can't get open.

I would say there is also a mental side to it, on goal to go passing plays you often need the WR to adjust on the fly, going to the area with less coverage, Marshall doesn't seem to be able to do that. If your route is a corner route but the safety is coming over and taking away that option you need to either cut to the front of the end zone and get in front of the safety or go along the back to get in between the safety and the middle zone, Marshall is not a guy who can make that decision.

baja
11-19-2010, 10:52 AM
That is absolutely the truth, his route running a major detriment in the end zone, he just doesn't get himself in a situation where there is a window to make the pass consistently.

He is much better when you can make the pass at the 20 yard line because he can force the window against 1 defender, but when the safeties and linebackers are so close he can't get open.

I would say there is also a mental side to it, on goal to go passing plays you often need the WR to adjust on the fly, going to the area with less coverage, Marshall doesn't seem to be able to do that. If your route is a corner route but the safety is coming over and taking away that option you need to either cut to the front of the end zone and get in front of the safety or go along the back to get in between the safety and the middle zone, Marshall is not a guy who can make that decision.

Shanon Sharpe was the master at making adjustments

kupesdad
11-19-2010, 11:07 AM

I think he was givin Jay a hard time and the Zeb's misunderstood..I'm pretty sure Jay and Brandon are still ok

Zoobie
11-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Yeah I mentioned something like this in the make shift game thread. There is just something not right with Marshall, some sort of chemical imbalance in his brain that is making him a ticking time bomb. I'm glad we got rid of him when we did...

I don't think there is a chemical imbalance, he's just an asshole. He's arrogant, self entitled, and a borderline criminal.

BroncoBuff
11-19-2010, 11:21 AM
New stuff ...

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4634/bmarsh.jpg

Biggest problem is they don't have a real quarterback. The TD total is pathetic, but he's at 60-700 catches-yards for 10 games ... at that rate it's 100-1000.

He never struck me as bi-polar, just immature.

Sassy
11-19-2010, 11:26 AM
"I missed Brandon marshall being a Bronco a lot....but I'm a dolphins' fan!" LOL! A text to 87.7 the ticket a few minutes ago.

The topic: "Do Bronco fans miss Brandon marshall?"

broncocalijohn
11-19-2010, 11:35 AM
except daddy T.O. has hall of fame numbers. this guy just has hall of fame arrogance.

Here comes JHNS any moment now....

cutthemdown
11-19-2010, 11:54 AM
It wasn't two firsts. It was two seconds.

ooops yeah 2 2nds my bad

Sassy
11-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Not sure who is speaking on the ticket...but LOL! He's picking on Cutler and Marshall...saying it was good the Broncos got rid of them (I agree)

cutthemdown
11-19-2010, 11:57 AM

Well I'm not a doctor so I just gave the laymen diagnosis. The look in his eyes just seems off to me. Like it's hiding someone with some real problems.

cutthemdown
11-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Seems like a corner could just say Awwwwww I'm guarding Brandon Marshall, the wr no one wants.........Hasn't santa sent you to the island of misfit toys yet?

cutthemdown
11-19-2010, 12:04 PM
I think he was givin Jay a hard time and the Zeb's misunderstood..I'm pretty sure Jay and Brandon are still ok

What did they misunderstand? It's always a flag when you toss the ball at another player. Whether your 'OK' with each other means little.

Who cares anyways!! I saw your son at the 2nd level actually getting to put his hat on some linebackers last week. Has to feel good to finally push some people around.

If the oline can come together Broncos won't look like total crap on Sundays.

crush17
11-19-2010, 12:14 PM
headcase.

TailgateNut
11-19-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't think there is a chemical imbalance, he's just an a-hole. He's arrogant, self entitled, and a borderline criminal.

Borderline????:wiggle:

Hogan11
11-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Ever go out with a woman with a chemical imbalance before?

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy

TailgateNut
11-19-2010, 01:30 PM

Adding the first two = the third!

Rock Chalk
11-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Adding the first two = the third!

Bloody brilliant!

Old Dude
11-19-2010, 02:05 PM
For our amusement...

http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?56752-Brandon-Marshall-needs-to-apologize-for-that-horrible-performance

Dr. Broncenstein
11-19-2010, 02:36 PM

Manic girls are fun. Just don't let them know where you live or give them your credit card.

Rabb
11-19-2010, 02:56 PM
I really think that Brandon needs an adult version of the punt, pass and kick competition....

you mean, the Bills?

Rabb
11-19-2010, 02:58 PM
anyone else more pissed at Marshall for ****ing their fantasy team up, than leaving the team?

anyone?

Requiem
11-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Here comes JHNS any moment now....

Marshall already holds a variety of records and he is 26 years young. When it is all said and done, he will likely be at that level too. Especially if he is going to catch 80+ balls a season, which is highly likely. Owens hit 100 once. Marshall hit 100 three times in four years.

Not trying to defend the guy, (glad how things turned out in hindsight) but his talent is undeniable. If he had a quarterback worth a damn in Miami things would probably be different. Having Thigpen toss him balls the remainder of the year is not going to help him at all.

zdoor
11-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Liked Marshall as a player for the most part but think we made the right move with him. He is just to much of a wild card to throw big money at.