PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd's Improvement May Make History

Bronco Rob
11-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Lloyd's Improvement May Make History.

Not only does Denver's Brandon Lloyd lead all NFL receivers with 968 yards, he's on pace for the best season-to-season improvement of any veteran receiver. Hall of Famer John Stallworth, who improved by 1,295 yards from 1983 to 1984, has the biggest increase of any receiver with at least five years' experience. But Mr. Lloyd, who had 117 yards in 2009, is on pace for 1,721. Particularly impressive: A league-best 93.8% of Mr. Lloyd's catches have earned a first down.

ŚMichael David Smith

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704648604575620902474727916.html

baja
11-18-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm gonna start calling Brandon Lloyd //////// Mr. Firstdown.

broncocalijohn
11-18-2010, 12:40 PM
He should be starting for the Pro Bowl at this point. More recognition, the better for our team that has so much neg publicity. I thought Gaffney would be our go to guy this year but something happened in TC. Wonder where BM will be in February?

Houshyamama
11-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Michael David Smith read my thread about his first down ratio. :wave:

HAT
11-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Gaff's still having a solid year though. like 20th in yards & 13th in receptions. Same amount of receptions as Lloyd actually.....

Gaff=Possession
Lloyd=Deep threat

Pony Boy
11-18-2010, 12:50 PM
[B]Him Hot....Him On Fire"/B]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FS_ShvOAifk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FS_ShvOAifk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

broncocalijohn
11-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Gaff's still having a solid year though. like 20th in yards & 13th in receptions. Same amount of receptions as Lloyd actually.....

Gaff=Possession
Lloyd=Deep threat

With most of his catches being first downs, I would say Lloyd is a deep threat and a possession receiver.

CEH
11-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Go Brandon
Vote for Brandon Comeback Player of the Year
Awesome

HAT
11-18-2010, 01:03 PM
With most of his catches being first downs, I would say Lloyd is a deep threat and a possession receiver.

True...Deep possession!

Again, both have 48 catches.....Lloyd's getting 20+ yards on average and Gaff's getting about 12.

Royal's no slouch either with 43/466.

At any rate, it's good to see the ball getting distributed pretty damn equally, unlike last year.

There was a time after game 4 or 5 when all 3 were in the top 20.

^5

HAT
11-18-2010, 01:05 PM
This was all part of Josh's grand scheme.

He is a true visionary who is in the process of building Hall of Famers off the scrap heap and just for good measure he throws a couple away ala Hillis for the other teams to feed on. Just to keep things competive otherwise it's really not far to the other 31 teams.

Ugh. Positive thread about the possible CPOY and you feel the need to post this here?

Neat.

ZONA
11-18-2010, 01:15 PM
I do have to give Josh some credit here. I know there are a ton of guys hating on him and think he's not going to end up doing much here but I don't agree. Who would have thought Orton and this WR group would be tearing it up like this? The offensive line is EXTREMELY young and will only get better with more experience. It's just too bad that his defense suffered so many huge injuries. Even with all those injuries, a few close losses that could have\should have been wins this team could be 5-4. Who knows what we could have looked like with a health DOOM and AYERS and if we weren't missing Goodman or Hill for what seems like half the season between them. The Raider loss was bad and the Ravens knocked us around pretty good but this team has been competitive despite the huge key injuries. Guys like Lloyd have stepped up and produce. I don't think going into next year we could possibly sustain so many injuries as this year. It's time for us to have some good luck in that dept. I do see something in the works here and I think Josh is doing alot of good things. Just my take on it.

baja
11-18-2010, 01:21 PM
I do have to give Josh some credit here. I know there are a ton of guys hating on him and think he's not going to end up doing much here but I don't agree. Who would have thought Orton and this WR group would be tearing it up like this? The offensive line is EXTREMELY young and will only get better with more experience. It's just too bad that his defense suffered so many huge injuries. Even with all those injuries, a few close losses that could have\should have been wins this team could be 5-4. Who knows what we could have looked like with a health DOOM and AYERS and if we weren't missing Goodman or Hill for what seems like half the season between them. The Raider loss was bad and the Ravens knocked us around pretty good but this team has been competitive despite the huge key injuries. Guys like Lloyd have stepped up and produce. I don't think going into next year we could possibly sustain so many injuries as this year. It's time for us to have some good luck in that dept. I do see something in the works here and I think Josh is doing alot of good things. Just my take on it.

Someday everybody will agree with this post. They will also say they always knew Josh was capable of this.

loborugger
11-18-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm gonna start calling Brandon Lloyd //////// Mr. Firstdown.

Nice idea. However, if you do, it will be the kiss of death. Better to let Bob criticize him. Then he will end up in the HOF.

baja
11-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Nice idea. However, if you do, it will be the kiss of death. Better to let Bob criticize him. Then he will end up in the HOF.

You got a point there although I think I'll be safe as long as I don't say "I got a feeling about......."

DomCasual
11-18-2010, 02:34 PM

If he is to be (rightfully) blamed for blunders like Hillis and Smith, then he should be credited for Brandon Lloyd.

Unfortunately, it's not a zero-sum game. He's supposed to coach players to be better. He's not supposed to dump players that can be good. Of course, every coach will do both, given time. Do more of the latter than the former, and you end up out of a job.

The problem on the Mane, IMO - and it's made some good posters post less (or even leave) - is that there seems to be no middle ground. You seem to be perceived as either all in or all out with McDaniels. A rational person will look at the body of work when judging the job a person does. Here, you make any negative comment - no matter how constructive or accurate - and you're attacked.

Champagne Powder
11-18-2010, 02:36 PM
He should be starting for the Pro Bowl at this point. More recognition, the better for our team that has so much neg publicity. I thought Gaffney would be our go to guy this year but something happened in TC. Wonder where BM will be in February?

Not only should Lloyd be starting in the Pro Bowl, he should honored as a first team NFL All-Pro if he keeps this up.

Gaffney is still highly targeted though. He is tied for 6th in the AFC in receptions.

Bronco Yoda
11-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Lloyd's Improvement May Make History.
A league-best 93.8% of Mr. Lloyd's catches have earned a first down.[/i]

ŚMichael David Smith

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704648604575620902474727916.html

This is the part I like the most.

Homer Simpson
11-18-2010, 03:15 PM

One of the things I realised about our injury luck was when the Denver Post tweeted about Andre Goodman being the only player out, she mentioned how earlier in the year it took two tweets to confirm all of the injuries!

Mogulseeker
11-18-2010, 03:19 PM

Well, I mean.... any deep reception is going to be a first down, right?

haha

Mogulseeker
11-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Someday everybody will agree with this post. They will also say they always knew Josh was capable of this.

Well I'm saying it right now.

Mogulseeker
11-18-2010, 03:26 PM
[B]Him Hot....Him On Fire"/B]

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FS_ShvOAifk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FS_ShvOAifk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I have to say man, BLloyd is not a half bad rapper.

Rock Chalk
11-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Well, I mean.... any deep reception is going to be a first down, right?

haha

No, not with the way our offensive line has played at times. I remember a couple 1st and 30s.

Houshyamama
11-18-2010, 03:59 PM

Even after the Raider beat down I didn't waiver in my support for what he's doing here. Patience is a very difficult quality to maintain, but I think if Bowlen can keep his pants on for a while and let McDaniels build this team according to his vision, we will have a dominant franchise for a long time.

Bronco Rob
11-18-2010, 07:03 PM
:sunshine:

Pony Boy
11-18-2010, 07:22 PM
I have to say man, BLloyd is not a half bad rapper.

We need a season high-light clip with "Him Hot....Him On Fire" as the music.

Los Broncos
11-18-2010, 08:37 PM
I was watching the highlights of the KC game, that TD catch he made while falling out of bounds was just amazing.

And that one over the middle between two defenders was just unreal.

But I wish they would stop that whole "you cant see me" thing.

misturanderson
11-18-2010, 09:23 PM
But I wish they would stop that whole "you cant see me" thing.

I think it has something to do with "hating to his (their) damn face" being as he does that in the rap video earlier in the thread.

Homer Simpson
11-18-2010, 09:27 PM
I think it has something to do with "hating to his (their) damn face" being as he does that in the rap video earlier in the thread.

No, it's the visors. They answered it in the Denver Post this week.

misturanderson
11-18-2010, 09:37 PM

I stand corrected.

extralife
11-19-2010, 12:11 AM
Brandon's season has been completely ridiculous. I keep trying to temper my expectations and excitement because I hated the guy for years, but let's be real: right now, he is the best receiver in the NFL. He should be first team all pro. People should be talking about him. Comeback player of the year? That's a joke: he locked it up by week 3. Besides Champ in '05 and '06, and maybe Big Al in '05, can you think of a better season by a Bronco since the super bowls? Clady '08, maybe? Portis '02? Rod '00? It's a short list, and I wouldn't complain if anyone put what we're seeing now at the top

Now that I've come out of the Brandon closet: please keep it, dawg. Don't make me look stupid.

footstepsfrom#27
11-19-2010, 12:28 AM
Besides Champ in '05 and '06, and maybe Big Al in '05, can you think of a better season by a Bronco since the super bowls? Clady '08, maybe? Portis '02? Rod '00? It's a short list, and I wouldn't complain if anyone put what we're seeing now at the top
I'd add Mike Anderson's 1500 yard season when he converted from fullback, and maybe Elvis big sack year in 2009...that's about it I guess.

Cito Pelon
11-19-2010, 03:34 AM
If he is to be (rightfully) blamed for blunders like Hillis and Smith, then he should be credited for Brandon Lloyd.

Unfortunately, it's not a zero-sum game. He's supposed to coach players to be better. He's not supposed to dump players that can be good. Of course, every coach will do both, given time. Do more of the latter than the former, and you end up out of a job.

The problem on the Mane, IMO - and it's made some good posters post less (or even leave) - is that there seems to be no middle ground. You seem to be perceived as either all in or all out with McDaniels. A rational person will look at the body of work when judging the job a person does. Here, you make any negative comment - no matter how constructive or accurate - and you're attacked.

Yeah, you gotta be tough to keep posting on the Mane. Or change your handle, or have a good sense of humor, not give a damn what other people think of you, be stubborn, be ignorant, be obstreperous, or just go stealth for a while until the point of view changes to fit your own.

I think basically you have to be pretty tough. This is not a forum for pansies, and that's fine with me.

Jetmeck
11-19-2010, 05:09 AM

Please explain this...thanks........????

Bronco Rob
11-19-2010, 06:17 PM
:thumbsup:

Broncos_OTM
11-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Micheal Vick will get Come Back Player Of the Year ... book it all the way to hawaii

Homer Simpson
11-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Please explain this...thanks........????

Given the Post restrictions... here's the link.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_16620777

snowspot66
11-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Micheal Vick will get Come Back Player Of the Year ... book it all the way to hawaii

Wasn't he back last year? Or has my sense of time just gotten worse.

baja
11-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Given the Post restrictions... here's the link.

I see you do have comprehension issues.

"But fair use of our content restricts those who want to reference it to reproduce no more than a headline and up to a couple of paragraphs or a summary of the story. (We also request users provide a link to the entire work on our website). The fair use rule generally does not entitle users to display the whole story or photograph on their website."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16594528

Brandon - It started after Jabar Gaffney and Brandon Lloyd got visors on their helmets. The motion isn't a face wash but a signal that "you can't see me and you can't guard what you can't see." I like it, fine, although it does seem that with the restrictions the league has placed on TD celebrations, the players are running out of things to do.

Homer Simpson
11-19-2010, 08:17 PM
What the hell baja, a guy (Jetmeck) asked and in order to not step the lines I searched and found the link for him.

Jetmeck
11-19-2010, 08:22 PM
What the hell baja, a guy (Jetmeck) asked and in order to not step the lines I searched and found the link for him.

Yeah what the hell and thanks by the way.

Carmelo15
11-19-2010, 08:24 PM
All Brandon Lloyd does...

baja
11-19-2010, 09:02 PM

You can quote a paragraph or two with the link is my point

Also you accused me of posting only to incite and I don't like that accusation.

Rock Chalk
11-19-2010, 10:10 PM
You can quote a paragraph or two with the link is my point

Also you accused me of posting only to incite and I don't like that accusation.

Then stop being a douchebag Mexican.