PDA

View Full Version : Will Andre Goodman consider amputation?

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-17-2010, 12:24 PM
@PostBroncos: CB Andre Goodman was the only Bronco absent from practice today. Don't expect him to play Monday vs. Chargers.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MaXsMrSKvAU/S-GHww9-CBI/AAAAAAAAADg/PEkEtpcbMs0/s1600/Hacksaw.jpg

I'd go with the Dewalt. Nice, clean cut. No ragged edges and should make it safely through the bone.

JLesSPE
11-17-2010, 12:37 PM
So does this mean Ayers is back this week?

_Oro_
11-17-2010, 12:38 PM
I'd rather have Cox out there banging with wide receivers.

Dedhed
11-17-2010, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Goodman on IR.

Smiling Assassin27
11-17-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm glad he's not playing, cuz when he's bad, Andre is putrid. Without his wheels, this guy is a liability. IR would not be the worst thing in the world, as Cox and Squid can hold down the fort.

JLesSPE
11-17-2010, 12:43 PM
I think Cox has been more than an adequate replacement. I haven't missed Goodman at all, it just weakens depth and makes nickel and dime packages more susceptible.

JLesSPE
11-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Oh hey, that was my 100th post. Now I can start my own threads without getting yelled at! And it only took 4 years....

Kaylore
11-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Goodman never contests passes which annoys me. He has one of the highest completion percentages for a corner.

Quoydogs
11-17-2010, 12:52 PM
@PostBroncos: CB Andre Goodman was the only Bronco absent from practice today. Don't expect him to play Monday vs. Chargers.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MaXsMrSKvAU/S-GHww9-CBI/AAAAAAAAADg/PEkEtpcbMs0/s1600/Hacksaw.jpg

I'd go with the Dewalt. Nice, clean cut. No ragged edges and should make it safely through the bone.
If you're gonna do it, do it right.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=27542&stc=1&d=1290027103

Houshyamama
11-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Oh hey, that was my 100th post. Now I can start my own threads without getting yelled at! And it only took 4 years....

http://timesonline.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/05/16/borat_again.jpg

Old Dude
11-17-2010, 01:18 PM
What's up with the depth chart? Cox is listed behind Bailey. Jones is listed behind Goodman. Is this new?

TheReverend
11-17-2010, 01:23 PM
What's up with the depth chart? Cox is listed behind Bailey. Jones is listed behind Goodman. Is this new?

Probably just untouched. Showing Cox as the #3 and Jones as the #4 more than it shows Jones as the backup RCB

MplsBronco
11-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Now I know he still wasn't healthy but he as brutal in the Niners game. Don't miss him at all. Get Squid in there more. I just have a feeling that kid will make stuff happen as he gets more playing time. And I love the way Cox competes. He hasn't been perfect but I like what I see out of him.

Jetmeck
11-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Draft CB and DL next year . A rb would be nice.

gyldenlove
11-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Goodman never contests passes which annoys me. He has one of the highest completion percentages for a corner.

Yeah, he plays it very safe in terms of not letting the WR get behind him. I am not sure if that is part of the scheme right now, because I am seeing that out all the CBs.

missingnumber7
11-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Draft CB and DL next year . A rb would be nice.

Right because we have great history drafting CB's.

gyldenlove
11-17-2010, 06:53 PM
We need to draft DL, ILB, RB and S above all else. I would rather go into next season with Goodman, Cox and Thompson as our top 3 CBs than I would with our current DL, ILB and S groups.

Bronco Yoda
11-18-2010, 03:09 AM
Lott says to use bolt cutters.

The Joker
11-18-2010, 03:23 AM
We need to draft DL, ILB, RB and S above all else. I would rather go into next season with Goodman, Cox and Thompson as our top 3 CBs than I would with our current DL, ILB and S groups.

We don't need ILB's, really.

Obviously any position can always use an upgrade and I'm never against adding the next Ray Lewis if he's available, but between Mays and Haggan we're quite solid in terms of the 2-down run stuffer we want at SILB and DJ is a quality player who is nicely backed up by Woodyard.

I'd look to add another OLB before I'd take an inside guy in the draft. The dropoff after Doom and Ayers is absolutely massive and OLB is a much more important position in the 3-4 anyway so it's preferrable to have quality depth there rather than attempting to find an upgrade to Mays/Haggan IMO.

Priority is D-Line first and then safety, CB too if Champ doesn't get resigned.

Drek
11-18-2010, 03:51 AM
Lott says to use bolt cutters.

I used to work with Ronnie Lott's nephew (mother's sister married Lott). Dude wasn't even a football fan. Had no concept of how awesome his uncle was. I don't understand how an American born man can be so sports oblivious that he thinks his "uncle Ronnie" is just another dude who played in the NFL for a little while.

The Joker
11-18-2010, 03:59 AM
Never trust any man who doesn't like football.

They are fundementally flawed and should be treated as such.

bronco militia
11-18-2010, 06:49 AM

Ha! :strong:

Killericon
11-18-2010, 07:38 AM
Right because we have great history drafting CB's.

We have a GREAT history drafting CBs! Alphonso Smith, Deltha O'Neal, Domonique Foxworth... We have a good history, just not from OUR perspective.

Drek
11-18-2010, 02:20 PM

My feelings as well.

Best part though was when he told me about a birthday party Lott had for one of his kids at Candlestick. Invited all his old 49ers teammates so you had Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Roger Craig, etc. all milling about playing catch with the kid, eating birthday cake, all that ****. Later on Ronnie asks him how he liked his party and the kid said "it was fun but daddy, I thought you said some football players were going to be there?"