PDA

View Full Version : Mock has passed away

Pages : 1 [2]

TDmvp
11-19-2010, 04:01 AM
http://d3trabu2dfbdfb.cloudfront.net/7/4/740705_300x300.jpeg

Bronco_Beerslug
11-19-2010, 08:53 AM
RIP Mock, your humor was without peer and your presence here will be missed!!!

BurqueBronco
11-19-2010, 09:04 AM
You will be missed Mock. Thanks for the laughs.

Los Broncos
11-19-2010, 09:22 AM
I wish I could find those threads about his cat, those were the best.

TailgateNut
11-19-2010, 11:32 AM
I wish I could find those threads about his cat, those were the best.

Those weren't ABOUT his cat, they were FROM his cat!:wiggle:

Los Broncos
11-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Those weren't ABOUT his cat, they were FROM his cat!:wiggle:

:spit: I like the one where he was on his roof chasing his cat at 3 am.

theAPAOps5
11-19-2010, 11:42 AM
:spit: I like the one where he was on his roof chasing his cat at 3 am.

Oh God that was the one that had me crying. Man I am going to miss that guy.

Rohirrim
11-19-2010, 12:17 PM
It looks like all his stuff prior to 2006 is gone. That was some of his best stuff. :pity:

Hogan11
11-19-2010, 01:10 PM
I wish I could find the one where he said he really liked the film Canadian Bacon.

Then I pointed out it that Michael Moore was behind it and he just totally lost it. Ha!

Los Broncos
11-19-2010, 01:12 PM
I wish I could find the one where he said he really liked the film Canadian Bacon.

Then I pointed out it that Michael Moore was behind it and he just totally lost it. Ha!

:spit:

BlaK-Argentina
11-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Ooh man I just heard about this! Sad sad news.

RIP mock!

Mediator12
11-19-2010, 01:14 PM
It is one thing to lose great all time posters to other interests, its another to lose one to death. There will be no more posts from watermock. It still has not sunk in.

I usually had a hard time with mock, but never on the board. I was dealing with people who were way more crazy in those days that I started here. These were really disturbed people and I did not need that here. Here was an outlet to talk football. Broncos Football. It was hard for me to focus on all his extracurricular activities.

I find it very sad for all my involvement that mock never really PM'd me more than a few times and I can not remember what any of them were for. If they were for anything ;D

Makes you think people. I "know" more than a few people here, but I hardly ever talk with them outside the board anymore. Sorry for that. I still come here to talk football, Broncos football. However, I wish I knew some of you better like some of you knew Mock.

May the Lord grant your family peace Brian in this time of loss. I will pray for them.

baja
11-19-2010, 01:15 PM
We now have a thread for Mock's memorable posts;

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3011277&posted=1#post3011277

Mogulseeker
11-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Mock was a buddy he pmed me all the time wihle i was in teh military.

He had some interesting posts. I never understood the though proceedses. But shomehow i respected is opinion when he pmed me.

Weird how he knew a lot about me... like my posts and stuff. It seemed like he kept track of that more than I did.

broncosteven
11-19-2010, 03:25 PM
I am very saddened to find out about Brian's passing. I have been sick the last 2 days and not on the board only to come back and find out he passed.

When I first jumped in and started posting here I was getting elbowed out by the old guard. Mock must have sensed my frustration and he Pm'ed me and said to keep posting. Then Crazy and I got into it once about Kennison and again there was a Mock PM, or 3, in my in box.

I will miss seeing a strange news of the world post by Mock and not be able to type: dahfgksdjgskdgsdg as my reply.

I am glad that when he did get sick, I sat down with my daughter and we made a Go Bronco's/Get well soon card for him and sent it to the hospital when we had the chance. I hope he got it.

Mogulseeker
11-19-2010, 04:06 PM
I wrote something nice... then I hit back and lost the text.

Mock was the man.

broncolife
11-19-2010, 05:26 PM
I always liked Mock. He was funny and sometimes nuttier than a squirrel turd. RIP Mock

XXXshogunXXX
11-19-2010, 07:33 PM
I remember that guy, RIP

Lomax
11-19-2010, 08:38 PM
RIP Mock. Didn't know him well but I recall reading his posts.

phillybroncosnut
11-19-2010, 08:40 PM
I don't know if this site would have ever gotten off the ground if it weren't for Mock. He came in and established himself with his quirky, controversial, and often all too insightful view. And he kept posting. And responding. And posting more. And people responded to him. And sometimes they loved him. Sometimes thay hated him. But all the time, he was authentic and true to his beliefs. Mock didn't equivocate and he never minced words.

There is no doubt that Brian gave me a headache or two. He said some thing that even he wished he could have taken back. His temper sometimes got the best of him. Mock could fairly be described as a hot-headed know-it-all. But he was our hot headed know-it-all, and I'm proud to have had him as a friend.

Mock didn't have it too easy in his later years. A terrible bout with food poisoning left him drastically weakened and nearly took his life. But he was a fighter, and he fought through it to the bitter end. I had called him when this episode happened. It was an awkward call as he had a tube down his throat and I couldn't understand what he was saying. But he later told me that the support he received from this community during that difficult time meant the world to him. I'm very proud of that. I just wish there was a way we might have found out about this sooner and given another opportunity to reach out and show him some love in his final days. I'm comforted by the idea that somewhere out there, he knows on some cosmic level how much he was appreciated. He is a character that I'll never forget. May he rest in peace.

Much love, Brian. Thanks for the memories.

Perfect TJ..... I was gonna stay away from this thread but finally, I had to make my presence here. Mock and I went way back and we were far from the best of friends. He said some things that I never really got over or could never really look past but after that incident, we never battled again. i think there was a mutual respect somewhere along the lines that we had for each other, somehow. Not sure when it happened exactly, but it was there somehow.
I was in shock when I saw this thread. We all were. Even though we werent the best buds we probably shoulda been, it hurt my heart to see this thread.
See, people that arent involved in a message board would never understand that you could go online and actually build a relationship with someone. Ive been here since '01 as has Mock. I've spent time with Mock as much as anyone in my life in that time span because I was here pretty much every day for the last 9 years, as was he.

Im glad we could make up a bit, and actually get along. He may not have seen it the same way as I do, but I hope he did.

You'll be missed Bronco Brother!

BMF Bronco
11-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Wow, just got the news, such a loss. Mock, despite any flaws he had was one hell of a good guy and had a genuine spirit about him. He was fun to talk to on a personal basis and sure loved his family and his damn cat, beezer wasn't it. The Mane truly lost one of its most colorful characters and he will definitely be missed.

RIP Mock, Godspeed my friend!

Rock Chalk
11-19-2010, 10:41 PM
This is the very first thread in almost 10 years here at the mane that I have read every single post in. I keep coming back with every new post to read other's anecdotes and memories of Mock, hanging on to each word, remembering myself his sometimes uncouth, unintelligible yet often witty and insightful banter.

His rantings, ravings, incessant STFUs, dimwits and of course, stories of Beezer. We all knew Mock, and all probably will remember different things about him, but this thread helps me to remember new things I had forgotten about a truly extraordinary character. For every post of venom he had, there were three other witty posts, 10 other head scratchers and countless dozens of "wtf was that?" moments and with over 70,000 it is impossible to remember them all just thinking back.

Its why I keep coming back here, waiting for yet another forgotten memory to surface, so I can smile one more time at that crazy old coot.

strafen
11-20-2010, 01:12 AM
This is the very first thread in almost 10 years here at the mane that I have read every single post in. I keep coming back with every new post to read other's anecdotes and memories of Mock, hanging on to each word, remembering myself his sometimes uncouth, unintelligible yet often witty and insightful banter.

His rantings, ravings, incessant STFUs, dimwits and of course, stories of Beezer. We all knew Mock, and all probably will remember different things about him, but this thread helps me to remember new things I had forgotten about a truly extraordinary character. For every post of venom he had, there were three other witty posts, 10 other head scratchers and countless dozens of "wtf was that?" moments and with over 70,000 it is impossible to remember them all just thinking back.

Its why I keep coming back here, waiting for yet another forgotten memory to surface, so I can smile one more time at that crazy old coot.Cool post man.
One of the best I've read, and I've read most of them if not just about each one, so far...

DarkHorse
11-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Wow I can't believe this, I just saw this thread and thought it was a joke until I read thru the entire first page.

RIP Mock - I always thought your posts were wacky off the wall fun. You'll be missed around here by all.

DarkHorse
11-20-2010, 10:15 AM
No more posts from Watermock, that just doesn't even sound right.

I just finished reading all of the posts here, he will be remembered here - I think that much has been proven if you just take the time to read these posts. Something permanent should be in place on the 'mane to honor him. He was truly one the of great posters here.

Tom G
11-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Rest in peace, friend.

Back when I use to post here, Brian and I started PMs after he discovered I was an aerospace engineer with rocket propulsion background. He loved to discuss space stuff. Of course, that wasn't his only hot button. He had an incredible range of interests and usually had his facts in order. Pretty impressive, I'd say.

You'll be missed, buddy.

That One Guy
11-20-2010, 12:33 PM
I think they picked an excellent picture. Everyone should be remembered smiling.

Durango
11-20-2010, 05:38 PM
I didn't know watermock like most people here, but you could not ignore his unwavering conviction to his opinion. I was embarrassed for the people who threw out the peanut butter references to attack him, but he largely ignored them and seemed to greatly enjoy his time here.

I could hardly believe someone could rack up the numbers of posts he had. I wish I could've enjoyed some of the discourse he wrote before he became so seriously ill.

Good bye dear sir. May your journey continue.

Ugly Duck
11-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Sorry you went so soon, dude. RIP

briane
11-20-2010, 09:17 PM
I dont post much on here, and I never felt the wrath, but I loved reading his posts. Quite entertaining. R.I.P

Miss I.
11-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Rest in Peace sir. You will be missed.

Broncos4Life
11-22-2010, 12:48 AM
Damn man. This is hard. One of the best posters on the board. Was wondering why I hadn't seen him post for awhile. One of the reasons I liked the Mane so much when I first joined. His entertaining posts were everywhere. I remember one thread we were posting about acid trips from back in the day. Mock you were a cool dude! RIP MOCK.....

illbroncsfn
11-22-2010, 07:58 AM
RIP Mock- truly one of a kind in a very good way!

Evenrude
11-22-2010, 08:55 AM
RIP Mock - Never at a loss for words, and truly one of a kind.

baja
11-22-2010, 09:20 AM
One thing I really admired about Mock is the way he fought to recover from his health event that left his a shell of his former self. He was mercilessly called out for his typing skills and spelling errors when he was literally typing with one finger and he almost never complained.

God bless you Brian.

Bronco Vixen
11-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Wow. I'm so sorry to hear this. I haven't posted in years but like so many others have very fond memories of Mock. While not always the most coherent, he was certainly always entertaining - even when playfully scolding me for my for my avatar. (At least I think it was playful...). Rest in Peace Watermock.

ro_50
11-22-2010, 05:54 PM
RIP Mock.

Truly sad.

UberBroncoMan
11-22-2010, 06:54 PM
R I P Mock

TDmvp
11-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Found this just a min ago going through my random pics folder ...

Another of one of Mock's old Avatars ... Classic.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2505/cornholio.jpg

ColoradoBuff
11-23-2010, 08:30 AM
RIP Mock....you will truly be missed!

Gort
11-23-2010, 09:32 AM
sad news.

i was wondering why he hadn't been around ranting against McBeavis.

i hope wherever you are now, it's always superbowl sunday with the Broncos playing the Vikings.

Dagmar
11-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Rest in peace you crazy man.

atomicbloke
11-24-2010, 03:32 AM
What a shock!

I come to the Mane after many days and read such sad news.

Mock's posts were idiotic, moronic and full of fail. I loved them!

RIP dude.

The Mane won't be the same without you. You provided hours of entertainment to so many of us.

DeusExManning
11-27-2010, 10:57 PM
I am just now finding this out. RIP Mock

tebowisdabomb
11-28-2010, 06:34 AM
mock was a funny guy, I really enjoyed arguing with him..... RIP Mock

AZBroncomaniac
11-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Very sad news, I very much enjoyed Mock's unusual perspective. Those are shoes that may never be filled here on the Mane. Rest in peace Mock, you are and will be missed.

broncoblue
11-28-2010, 12:40 PM
wow ,just seen this..MOCK WAS A MANE LEGEND!!!!!
RIP YOU CRAZY MANER
think we need to retire his name.

Poclman
11-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Mock, you will be missed. I'll never forget the arguments we used to have years ago on this site and the crazy and funny comebacks you threw at me.

My prayers go out to Brian and his family. R.I.P., Mock.

~Crash~
11-28-2010, 07:21 PM
One thing I really admired about Mock is the way he fought to recover from his health event that left his a shell of his former self. He was mercilessly called out for his typing skills and spelling errors when he was literally typing with one finger and he almost never complained.

God bless you Brian.

yep I chewed on some ass hats for giving him a hard time many times.

R8RBOUTY
11-28-2010, 08:42 PM
My condolences to all your members on the loss of a devoted fan. Just saw this news on the Raider board.

Arkansas Bronco
11-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Wow i thought he was doing better. RIP Watermock.

PatsWin2002
11-29-2010, 03:09 PM
RIP Watermock.

This is very sad news. I will never see "STFU" and not think of him. :(

baja
11-29-2010, 03:24 PM
TJ (or anyone) I bet Brian's mom would really appreciate a nice printout of this thread remembering our "Mock"

llayne
11-29-2010, 10:55 PM
So, I almost never post, but have come here daily since about 2005. Mock was one of the first posters I really noticed. How could you not? Now, I might be wrong on some of the forthcoming facts, and confusing posters. If so, sorry.

I kept hoping Mock would be made GM of the Broncos. Trade Down! Trade Down!. I never understood the rants and so on that he always seem to involve himself in. But, he ALWAYS had a witty reply. I was somewhat intimidated of posting here; I did not want to incur his wrath.I think he lit into me one post for my spelling; I didn't post for...what day is it? I jest, but he did make me weary of carless posting. But, I was always excited and most posts when I saw his name or aviator. Again, apologies if I am confusing posters or mixing and matching.

Too bad many of his posts and wit seem to have been lost.

We should have an ongoing thread for post quotes, I say we, even though I contribute little to the discussion here.

I have seen many fine, informed rational posters here. I miss a lot of those posters. Some new ones are real good. To those who post in depth analysis of the game: thank you. I appreciate your insights. To those who post camp reports: Thank you for a pretty much selfless deed. I feel that most of you see things I don't, and I appreciate you highlighting them. To the draft geeks:
the internal optimism that one strong April can lead to a fall of fantastic football is welcomed. And needed right now.

I did not know Mock was suffering from serious health injuries, I thought he had just given up on the place. I kept hoping to see his midnight oil postings and rants.

yerner
11-30-2010, 12:20 AM
I can't believe I missed this news. Mock was my favorite poster. So freaking funny. This really bums me out.

Rausch 2.0
12-02-2010, 07:49 AM
I can't believe I missed this news. Mock was my favorite poster. So freaking funny. This really bums me out.

Yup.

A rival fan, an eccentric dude, but always a good time.

RIP...

underrated29
12-02-2010, 10:35 AM
No freaking way. Wow. I mean it makes sense now, but wow. Still very surprising. I hope they like haikus in heaven. RIP

DB-Freak
12-03-2010, 01:40 AM
Wow...

RIP You'll always be part of the mane.

BroncoBuff
12-03-2010, 12:45 PM
One night during my first week or two on the Mane, several guys were railing on the poor bastard ... the usual stuff, "you drunk," "crazy f'er," on and on. Not being accustomed to the usual banter, I was shocked by the anger and hostility. Always on the lookout for an underdog to side with, I cut loose, "HEY! I don't know what the he!! kind of site this is, but he has a right to his own opinion!!" Well needless to say I became the target, "Hey newbie stfu, don't butt in what you don't understand!" I stfu pdq ... but mock fought on against the crowd, Don Quixote style. That's the way he liked it.

When we were calling around trying to find him when he went missing a couple years ago, and when we finally spoke to his brother, the guy broke down sobbing on the phone, didn't try to hide it. Later mock (Brian) also broke down sobbing at how his disappearance and coma had affected his mother.

No volume of shout downs nor number of insults could back him down, and he wasn't afraid to cry when it mattered. We should all be so brave.

Rohirrim
12-03-2010, 03:12 PM
I just read through this thread again. I'm still really sad about Mock's passing. I wondered why it affected me so much but then I realized I actually spent years on the Mane going back and forth with that guy. Most of the time, we would do what I call riffing. If you set Mock up with a good line, he could really run with it. Personally, I think the guy was a mad genius, like Sam Kinison or something.

DarkHorse
12-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Enjoyed talking cars with the guy, one of the very few that actually had interest in my drag racing hobby.

Mock and Crazyhorse are/were my other car racing buds on here.

Sigh, Broncos day and no Mock. Ugg.

Sodak
12-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Mock was an epic poster. In many ways. I will miss him, and his incessant ramblings about that damn cat of his, Beezer, or Beelzebub. Mock somehow managed to work Beezer into almost every thread for a while. Classic.

loborugger
12-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Too bad Mock couldnt hang on long enough to see McBeavis canned. That woulda left him with a smile on his face.

TD4HOF
12-07-2010, 11:01 AM
I feel guilty having referenced Mock in a thread just now without having posted here. Paying my respects to undoubtedly the most unique internet poster I have ever seen (which is a helluva statement and not backhanded in any way).

When I first signed up, I was entranced by his cool guy flanked by cheerleaders in the empty grandstands avatar.

When he was on his game, when he was feeling it, he was soooooo freakin' good and funny. Always amazed me how he could come up with these little nuggets out of nowhere.

I also remember very well the reaction here when he went missing. It spoke volumes towards his qualities and also the oft-hidden compassion in this board.

TheManeMan
12-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I have not signed into the Mane in quite some time and to see this thread on the top pretty much made my heart drop. I never did meet Mock but, after reading his posts over the course of the past 6+ years I felt like he was a good friend of mine. Very sad news indeed, I wish I could have heard/read his thoughts on the news from yesterday...Rest in Peace Mock...you'll be missed!

orange 4 life
12-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Oh my gosh.

I didn't expect something like this to be the first thing I see after being gone for awhile.
Obviously it's been longer than I thought since I last logged on here.

Anyway I'm so sorry for all his family and friends.
The whole "Mock" family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jake

GreatWhiteBronco
12-07-2010, 11:12 PM
RIP to the undisputed (in my mind) champion of internet Bronco junkies. very, very sad news. :(

Los Broncos
12-11-2010, 04:06 PM
I was just thinking about Mock while looking through an old thread about a wild cat I found and took a photo.

He PM'd me about, wish I still had it.

I told him what kind it was he just said "it's going to be a dead cat" and everytime I see that cat when I'm hiking out there I think of that guy.

RIP

BroncoBuff
12-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Sorry he couldn't be here to see McBeavis demise.

Odysseus
12-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Rest in peace Watermock.

Gcver2ver3
12-18-2010, 02:30 PM
51?...too young...

tragic...

my condolences to his family and friends...

RIP...

Los Broncos
12-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Merry Christmas Mock, we miss ya.

Rausch 2.0
12-23-2010, 03:02 PM
It's sad.

Jim (Logical of ChiefsPlanet) passed recently as well.

While completely different people they both held that polar dynamic on a BB.

Love 'em or hate 'em, it was part of what made our worlds and words spin.

He was that type of person searching for roaming buffalo.

SoCalBronco
12-24-2010, 12:35 AM
It's sad.

WTF...when did that happen?

Logical was a legend. I wasn't aware he was having any problem. :(

RIP Jim Reynolds.

Pick Six
12-24-2010, 11:37 AM
It's sad.

I haven't been to ChiefsPlanet for some time, but I remember Logical. He seemed like a great guy. My condolences to his family...

Los Broncos
12-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Happy new year Mock.

Headless Hessian Rider
01-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Crazy Story that he passed away... really too sad as he was one of the main posters when i joined the mane. One of 4 posters Watermock the crazy one.. Kaylore the most detailed, reporting man, Wabbit the inside man and well BOB ... the BOB... I'm glad that still two Guys are still active. Hopefully Wabbit is fine as well...

baja
01-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Wow I just stumbled onto my profile page and found this left there by Mock

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IXdNnw99-Ic&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IXdNnw99-Ic&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Vladimir
01-15-2011, 01:36 AM
RIP mock... I was shocked to read the news.. Haven't really been around for a while :(

baja
02-27-2011, 08:52 PM
No more late night crazy talk with Mock. I miss you Mock, is God a Broncos fan or a Vikings fan? Have you told Him to STFU yet?

SoCalBronco
02-27-2011, 09:12 PM
No more late night crazy talk with Mock. I miss you Mock, is God a Broncos fan or a Vikings fan? Have you told Him to STFU yet?

That post made me smile. I miss him too, man. :)

Rohirrim
03-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Hopefully, some mod will remove this stupid post from the Mock memorial thread.

RIP, Mock.

baja
03-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Hopefully, some mod will remove this stupid post from the Mock memorial thread.

RIP, Mock.

Wow I didn't even notice where this was posted. hopefully this guy will be gone from out slightly dysfunctional but long running family.

I sure miss the Mock

Rohirrim
03-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Wow I didn't even notice where this was posted. hopefully this guy will be gone from out slightly dysfunctional but long running family.

I sure miss the Mock

Yeah, me too. He was a kick.

Boobs McGee
03-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Today, I truly miss you sir. Hope you and beezer are having a blast up there.

Broncos dude
04-19-2011, 04:43 PM
I haven't been here in awhile , aka broncos love... Rip Bro, Go Broncos

Taco John
04-20-2011, 12:39 AM
Though about you today Mock. Wish to God I could get your take on the upcoming Tebow vs. Orton battle that is scheduled to happen sometime in the near future.

Orange_Beard
04-23-2011, 01:19 PM
RIP Mock.
One of the posters that made the mane fun.

ozomulsion
04-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Been away from the Mane for some time.

This is some crappy news to come back to.

R.I.P. Mock. I'll STFU now. I know you would've
wanted it that way.

Rohirrim
04-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Hey Mock. The Vikings took Ponder in the first round.

Even Beelzebub is pissed.

baja
04-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Mock would have liked our pick though. Maybe! ;D

Rockybronk
05-03-2011, 10:26 AM
R.I.P. Mock. Loved how you spoke your mind....sometimes it was way way out there....but it was always tinged in blue and orange....you are missed.....

Rausch 2.0
05-26-2011, 02:40 AM
Bump.

Outside of alcohol I don't know that we ever agreed on anything but we always had fun arguing late into the night......I'll pour some on the floor for him...

SouthStndJunkie
09-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Today is the one year anniversary of Mock's last post on the Mane.

theAPAOps5
09-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Man that went by fast. Hope you are getting all the vowels you can handle up there big guy!

Rough year for your Broncos and Vikings

Ray Finkle
11-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Still can't believe it's been a year....I miss his rambling post...

Kaylore
11-23-2011, 12:10 AM
Nintendo offense and STFU!

theAPAOps5
11-23-2011, 01:08 AM
Can't imagine what his take would be with the current Denver Broncos and Denver TEBOWS. Meth alley, RIP