PDA

View Full Version : Josh presser, Chiefs game.

baja
11-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Lots of good stuff.

I don't know how anyone can not feel positive about this guy and our future under him

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Josh-McDaniels-Press-Conference/a490de69-1b2f-4964-924e-27d5de0baeb0

broncocalijohn
11-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Who is J mofo?

broncocalijohn
11-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Lesson starter from TSIGUY. No link, no name just J. Better not be J. Cutler.

baja
11-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Josh presser

Link is there in OP

OM won't let you fix thread title anymore. New problem.

here it is again;

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Josh-McDaniels-Press-Conference/a490de69-1b2f-4964-924e-27d5de0baeb0

DenverBrit
11-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Lots of good stuff.

I don't know how anyone can not feel positive about this guy and our future under him

Absolutely agree.

He's young, going to make mistakes, but he is a talented coach and an excellent communicator.

fontaine
11-16-2010, 04:02 PM
I've always felt positive about the passing game with Josh.

The real question is whether he can be patient and resilient enough with the ground game.

Now that the OL looks much better it's plain to see that our passing game is so much better when there's a genuine threat with Moreno. We kept our TEs in blocking yet we still had enough speed with 3 wide to really stretch a pretty good secondary.

Let's see if he can keep this going.

yerner
11-16-2010, 04:03 PM
3-6.

Mile High Shack
11-16-2010, 04:04 PM
He's a good talker no doubt

baja
11-16-2010, 04:05 PM
3-6.

Would you rather have a 10 & 6 Shanny that gets destroyed in the first round?

hades
11-16-2010, 04:11 PM
maybe we are in opposite land. We usually start decent, finish bad. Perhaps we started bad, finish good this year! 10-6 here we come! :egbgb:

strafen
11-16-2010, 04:30 PM
He's great as an offensive coordinator. Not so much as a headcoach...

strafen
11-16-2010, 04:31 PM

No brainer. I'd rather be 3-6 Hilarious!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-16-2010, 04:39 PM
3-6.

Wow, an excellent, insightful take. Thanks for dropping so much knowledge on us. No, seriously, everyone thinks you're really clever.

HAT
11-16-2010, 04:43 PM
No brainer. I'd rather be 3-13

Fixed it for you dragster.

Homer Simpson
11-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Fixed it for you dragster.

Hilarious!

lostknight
11-16-2010, 04:54 PM

Yes. Because it's at least post-season.

When Josh gets two rings (as he will sooner or later), then you can compare him to Shanny. In the mean time, might I suggest laying off the kool-aide a bit? I hear it has side effects.

Look, I am not in favor of canning the guy right now (and wasn't prior to the game this week either). But the reality still is that this team is up to it's neck in ****. How much of that is his fault is debatable, but to this point, he has proven exactly jack ****.

OrangenBlueOhio
11-16-2010, 06:10 PM

Yep. Us destroying the queefs doesn't do anything to change my opinion of boy wonder.

As for getting destroyed in the first round, beats not getting there EVER!
How many years did the Rooneys put up with Cowher not winning the superbowl every year. Jeff Fisher doesn't win the super bowl every year.

Go away Josh, far away.

Shoemaker
11-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Yep. Us destroying the queefs doesn't do anything to change my opinion of boy wonder.

How many years did the Rooneys put up with Cowher not winning the superbowl every year. Jeff Fisher doesn't win the super bowl every year.

Go away Josh, far away.

Hold on a sec. In the space of a few sentences, you're lambasting Josh for not getting us to the playoffs in his 1.5 years on the job thus far...

...while praising owners of other teams like the Titans and Steelers for showing patience with their coaches despite less-than-stellar results?

Now, I'm not saying Josh is of the same quality of coach as Bill Cowher or Jeff Fisher. But I'm not sure how you rationalize advocating firing a guy 1.5 years into his coaching job while praising other teams who were patient with their coaches until it paid off.

rmsanger
11-16-2010, 07:06 PM
you guys are nuts... this board was burning and everyone had lost faith in McD and wanted him fired ASAP after the Oakland meltdown. We win 1 game at home and everyone suddenly has hope again.

I'm a fan of the team but never been a fan of his. No confidence that he has the chops to run a complete team... Maybe an OC but HC is too big for his britches...

tsiguy96
11-16-2010, 07:10 PM
you guys are nuts... this board was burning and everyone had lost faith in McD and wanted him fired ASAP after the Oakland meltdown. We win 1 game at home and everyone suddenly has hope again.

I'm a fan of the team but never been a fan of his. No confidence that he has the chops to run a complete team... Maybe an OC but HC is too big for his britches...

its not us who changed, the people that hate josh and want him gone forever dont show up nearly as much after a win, thus a higher percentage of bronco supporters are here and posting, so it just seems like more people. ^5

Popps
11-16-2010, 07:16 PM
its not us who changed, the people that hate josh and want him gone forever dont show up nearly as much after a win, thus a higher percentage of bronco supporters are here and posting, so it just seems like more people. ^5

So many missing trolls this week... it's awesome.

worm
11-16-2010, 07:20 PM
You learn so much from these pressers.

Homer Simpson
11-16-2010, 07:33 PM

Go away Josh, far away.

You are obviously a very intelligent and mature poster given your avatar, can I subscribe to your newsletter? What are your thoughts on the large hadron collider?

:giggle:

Chris
11-16-2010, 07:47 PM
I've always been a fan of his. I understand a lot of things go into winning and we've had the perfect storm of inconsistent play and some bad luck. I see plenty to be optimistic about.

I don't blame people for being bipolar but I see myself as a reasonably rational, measured adult and I try to avoid the insanity... particularly with something that ultimately means nothing.

baja
11-16-2010, 07:48 PM
You learn so much from these pressers.

Some do, some don't. I feel like I get some understanding of the personality that Josh McDaniels, his goals, what his priorities are, how he feels about some players, what he values in his players. On the other hand you don't learn shiit from a Shanny presser.

DarkHorse
11-16-2010, 11:32 PM

Go away Josh, far away.

I don't understand a word of what you just said here, care to elaborate on the meaning of this?

strafen
11-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Fixed it for you strafen.That could get our OC McDaniels shipped out of town on a rail.

fontaine
11-17-2010, 03:48 AM
Some do, some don't. I feel like I get some understanding of the personality that Josh McDaniels, his goals, what his priorities are, how he feels about some players, what he values in his players. On the other hand you don't learn shiit from a Shanny presser.

Really? What about the lie detector!
Hilarious!

Shanny did have some great pressers though. I specifically remember one where Cowher accused Denver of playing dirt because of our zone blocking system but Shanahan showed up with a TV and Steeler film where they also ran the same plays.

baja
11-17-2010, 06:38 AM
Hilarious!

Shanny did have some great pressers though. I specifically remember one where Cowher accused Denver of playing dirt because of our zone blocking system but Shanahan showed up with a TV and Steeler film where they also ran the same plays.

LOL He owned Cowher that day. Shanny could talk more and say less than anyone I know in a presser.

chex
11-17-2010, 07:02 AM

Go away Josh, far away.

That one playoff win, post-Elway, is the stuff of legends.

Abqbronco
11-17-2010, 07:53 AM

Go away Josh, far away.

Jeff Fisher doesn't win a Superbowl. Ever...

tsiguy96
11-17-2010, 08:00 AM
Hilarious!

i need a link to this or ill never believe it.

fontaine
11-17-2010, 09:31 AM
i need a link to this or ill never believe it.

Even Bill Cowher publicly criticized Denver's technique after those plays at one of his weekly press conferences in 2004, saying the Broncos should "do unto others as you want them to do onto you.''

That prompted Denver coach Mike Shanahan to invite reporters in to a film session in which he showed other teams' players using the cut block, including Steelers guard Alan Faneca.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07294/827221-66.stm#ixzz15YedovKX

Mountain Bronco
11-17-2010, 11:02 AM

Wow wow wow folks, just because we don't blow josh on a regular basis doesn't mean we are support the Broncos.

vancejohnson82
11-17-2010, 03:55 PM

Go away Josh, far away.

Jeff Fisher has won as many rings as Josh, douche

go back to where you came from

OrangenBlueOhio
11-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Jeff Fisher doesn't win a Superbowl. Ever...

And he still has a job/is supposed to be a great coach. My point was we/Bowlen got spoiled with the back to back SB wins. Shanahan should have been given more time.

Of course I could get over it a lot faster if I thought Mcd had a clue. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll figure it out before he gets fired and goes onto his "New England" job, like the genius bill belichik. Who also was an idiot when he was in Cleveland.

As for that collider thingy, they ought not be messin with them thar particles and stuff. Unless of course Mcd is in town, that would be a good time for a black hole.