PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall

bloodsunday
11-15-2010, 06:19 AM
Where are all the folks that swore losing Brandon Marshall was giving up our best play maker? It is safe to say now that the "play maker" tag was undeserving for Brandon Marshall just as the "franchise QB" tag was undeserving for Cutler.

Brandon has now spent 4/5 of his NFL career with QBs other than Kyle Orton, the two primary QBs in that reign are known for there big arm, yet he is still dropping in YPC every year. He has only scored 1 TD this season.

Mean while "noodle arm" Kyle Orton is averaging a full additional yard per attempt without Marshall. And he's making Brandon Lloyd a pro bowl player.

So go ahead, flame away, but I was right and you were wrong. Frustrating as his personnel decisions have been, McD made the right call on the two players above.

(No if McD could make use of those two picks and resign Llyod!)

dbfan21
11-15-2010, 06:23 AM
Not sure if anyone saw this in their game yesterday, but Marshall was getting very frustrated at the lack of times he was targeted by Henne. So frustrated, in fact, he caught a little 5 yard in route, then fell down and afterwards, he whipped the ball to the sidelines - very reminiscent of his tantrum in TC last year.

Hope the money is worth the frustration big guy! Hilarious!

Sassy
11-15-2010, 06:32 AM
BRANDON WHO????

(The answer is LLOYD!) ;D

Jesterhole
11-15-2010, 06:49 AM
Yes, McDaniels awesomeness has gotten us to 3-6. Enjoy it buddy, you deserve it.

Br0nc0Buster
11-15-2010, 06:55 AM
Lloyd > Marshall

and we got 2 second round picks to upgrade that spot as well

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-15-2010, 07:02 AM
Yes, McDaniels awesomeness has gotten us to 3-6. Enjoy it buddy, you deserve it.

Having a hard time following the point of the thread, I see.

tsiguy96
11-15-2010, 07:04 AM
Having a hard time following the point of the thread, I see.

why pay attention to the purpose of the thread when you can pointlessly troll the same message everywhere?

MplsBronco
11-15-2010, 07:04 AM
Most expensive possession receiver in football.

Baba Booey
11-15-2010, 07:09 AM
Marshall has the size advantage, but Lloyd's hands are in another stratosphere and his skill set is better for our offense.

Plus Lloyd is a team player. Marshall...well...

ColoradoDarin
11-15-2010, 07:11 AM
You know what I'm dreading? This Thursday Night game, it's Bears/Dolphins. I've made it a point to never root for "When it comes to QBing, I'm like a 6", but we have a 2nd round pick on the line, so I will be rooting for a 2-0 Bears win.

Unlike the Frown Cannon, I won't care about Marshall after this year, he's South Beach's problem now. Actually, I'm loving all of his antics now.

TonyR
11-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Where are all the folks that swore losing Brandon Marshall was giving up our best play maker?

They've moved on to complaining about Hillis...

The Joker
11-15-2010, 07:42 AM
55 receptions - 652 yards - 11.9 ypc - 1 TD
48 receptions - 968 yards - 20.2 ypc - 6 TD

I'll take the second guy, thanks.

Marshall will have close to 100 receptions most seasons for the rest of his career, he's clearly a good player and a superb possession receiver. Problem is that he's not a good redzone receiver at all. He doesn't fight for the ball well enough to be as good on fades as he really should be, and his routes are too sloppy for him to consistently get open in the tighter spaces down near the goalline.

All in all, he just doesn't have the necessary desire and mental make-up to be an elite player in the NFL, IMO.

baja
11-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Lloyd > Marshall

and we got 2 second round picks to upgrade that spot as well

I honestly believe (in our system) Orton > Cutler so we can say the same thing we got a boatload of picks to upgrade the position.

baja
11-15-2010, 07:48 AM
BloodSunday - Where are all the folks that swore losing Brandon Marshall was giving up our best play maker?

They are in a "No Comment" mode hoping people will forget who they are.

HooptyHoops
11-15-2010, 07:50 AM
I'm one who thought Marshall was our best player when he got traded...now, I did the wait and see, versus, puking over the deal. Man, I can't believe how strong our WR position is without Marshall!!

colonelbeef
11-15-2010, 07:51 AM

Love the I told ya so's on a team which is clearly worse off than it was

baja
11-15-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm one who thought Marshall was our best player when he got traded...now, I did the wait and see, versus, puking over the deal. Man, I can't believe how strong our WR position is without Marshall!!

You get two Kaylore cookies for maning up. ;D

bowtown
11-15-2010, 07:57 AM

Says the guy who lives on the wrong end of every argument.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-15-2010, 07:58 AM

Love the reruns of "fans" who hate this team.

Tell us more, ColonBeef.

TonyR
11-15-2010, 07:59 AM

Even if this is true you have to at least admit that the BM trade was a good one, right? BM is a great player but the receiving game is fine without him, agree?

baja
11-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Even if this is true you have to at least admit that the BM trade was a good one, right? BM is still a great player but the receiving game os fine without him, agree?

Not to mention the 2 second round picks. Great trade. And a case can be made that it was McD's system that made Marshall look so special as to warrant the price paid for him.

CEH
11-15-2010, 08:08 AM
I was worried the TD production would fall off but BLLoyd is the real deal.

His hands are out of this world and his role on this team is so well defined

I am loving the Marshall trade now.

Reminds me of the time Shanny cut Miller and Prtichard and started some kid named Rod Smith.

Kudos to all involved from Bowlen on down.

bloodsunday
11-15-2010, 08:08 AM

The irony is that IMO McDaniels has gotten the two most high profile moves (Cutler and Marshall) right, and the lesser ones are more questionable.

Note that I never defended him as a coach nor "every decision" he makes, just this one. I thought it was a good one then, and I definitely think so now.

bloodsunday
11-15-2010, 08:09 AM
His hands are out of this world and his role on this team is so well defined
His second TD catch was absolutely ridiculous.

Broncos4tw
11-15-2010, 08:10 AM
And I suppose you OP, fully realized that Brandon Marshall, who had a couple of awesome years, would do poorly.. and Brandon Lloyd would have a revitalized career?

At the time, it looked like a poor move. You had no idea how either Marshall would do this year, don't act as if you are some football seer. We lost our top receiver. And Marshall WAS great when he was here, aside from his idioctic off-field issues.

bloodsunday
11-15-2010, 08:14 AM
And I suppose you OP, fully realized that Brandon Marshall, who had a couple of awesome years, would do poorly.. and Brandon Lloyd would have a revitalized career?

At the time, it looked like a poor move. You had no idea how either Marshall would do this year, don't act as if you are some football seer. We lost our top receiver. And Marshall WAS great when he was here, aside from his idioctic off-field issues.

You are both right and wrong here.

1) I did not know how good Lloyd would be, and that's not really the point of this thread. Lloyd's emergence is just a bonus and cements the fact that Orton can throw the ball down the field with a down field thread.

2) But you are very wrong in your assertion that Marshall had awesome years in Denver and that I had no idea how he would perform this year. I argued exactly the opposite, citing his YPC, scouting that suggested he preferred catching the ball when facing the QB, and his lack of TD production. I called him a more expensive version of Wes Welker in this offense. The point of this thread is that people that believed the above (including apparently McD) were absolutely correct and people like you were wrong.

Old Dude
11-15-2010, 08:17 AM
I don't know if Lloyd's really a better player than Marshall, but he's a lot easier to pull for and some of the catches he's made this year are frigging works of art.

bloodsunday
11-15-2010, 08:20 AM
I don't know if Lloyd's really a better player than Marshall, but he's a lot easier to pull for and some of the catches he's made this year are frigging works of art.

He's a better down field threat, that's for sure. He's much more comfortable catching the ball over his shoulder and on the run.

I will admit the idea that we have to give him a new contract is scary to me. He's had a career of ups and downs.

baja
11-15-2010, 08:28 AM
He's a better down field threat, that's for sure. He's much more comfortable catching the ball over his shoulder and on the run.

I will admit the idea that we have to give him a new contract is scary to me. He's had a career of ups and downs.

Isn't he signed through next season?

CEH
11-15-2010, 08:29 AM

Yes . How about his first reception as well? He has always been a human highlight reel but now he catches everything

ElwayMD
11-15-2010, 08:36 AM
In the case of Brandon Lloyd he was always known as the reciever who could make the amazing catch and drop the gimmies. This year he is grabbing anything near him and living up to his potential. Bmarsh can make the catches he is supposed to make but he will never pull a reception like the one Blloyd made while double teamed at full speed diving to the ground.

Gort
11-15-2010, 08:39 AM
why all the hate for Brandon Marshall?

with BM on your roster, you don't have to carry a backup punter!

:yayaya:

Drek
11-15-2010, 08:51 AM

Would it make you feel better if I started this thread? Because when we traded Marshall I said that:

1. Our passing offense would likely benefit from a more balanced attack without centering the entire game plan around Marshall

and

2. That people shouldn't sleep on Brandon Lloyd, who was a great fit for the deep threat WR role McDaniels had Randy Moss playing in New England.

Two 2nds for Marshall was a steal then. It looks like a damn felony now.

ElwayMD
11-15-2010, 08:51 AM
why all the hate for Brandon Marshall?

with BM on your roster, you don't have to carry a backup punter!

:yayaya:

He's more of a practice punter. :)

Hogan11
11-15-2010, 09:36 AM
The only remaining people upset with losing that guy are people who are obsessed with Star Power and ESPN coverage.

Quite frankly, he's been forgotton by everyone else and deservedly so.

outdoor_miner
11-15-2010, 09:48 AM
The irony is that IMO McDaniels has gotten the two most high profile moves (Cutler and Marshall) right, and the lesser ones are more questionable.

This has been driving me crazy all year. We clearly "won" th Cutler trade, considering everything that it netted, and WR is our strongest position on the team. Yet - the team still sucks. I can't believe it. The two moves that McD was absolutely cursified for work out, yet here we sit at 3-6. Damn.

PS - Very happy with the win. Still just feeling bitter about this year so far. Go Broncos.

Popps
11-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Not sure if anyone saw this in their game yesterday, but Marshall was getting very frustrated at the lack of times he was targeted by Henne. So frustrated, in fact, he caught a little 5 yard in route, then fell down and afterwards, he whipped the ball to the sidelines - very reminiscent of his tantrum in TC last year.

Hope the money is worth the frustration big guy! Hilarious!

Yep... a la punting the ball in practice.

Brandy will make her share of plays from time to time. But, we dodged a bullet... and it's very obvious why someone trying to build a quality team wouldn't want this kind of prima donna on the squad.

I love Lloyd. My only concern with him is that this is the first year he's exploded and he's had an up and down attitude in the past. Some of his success is the system and having a solid QB throwing him the ball.

I hope we can extend him, but we have to do it carefully.

outdoor_miner
11-15-2010, 09:50 AM

So beautiful. I can't believe his talent. I didn't realize that he is currently the #1 receiver in the league (yardage). What a find.

bloodsunday
11-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Isn't he signed through next season?

You are right. I knew he signed a 2-year deal, but I thought it was in 2009. He actually signed a 1 year deal for 2009 and then re-upped to a 2-year deal last off season that would cover 2010 and 2011.

bloodsunday
11-15-2010, 10:29 AM
The only remaining people upset with losing that guy are people who are obsessed with Star Power and ESPN coverage.

Quite frankly, he's been forgotton by everyone else and deservedly so.

I've seen some people at he national level start to raise questions as well.

jhns
11-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Where are all the folks that swore losing Brandon Marshall was giving up our best play maker? It is safe to say now that the "play maker" tag was undeserving for Brandon Marshall just as the "franchise QB" tag was undeserving for Cutler.

Brandon has now spent 4/5 of his NFL career with QBs other than Kyle Orton, the two primary QBs in that reign are known for there big arm, yet he is still dropping in YPC every year. He has only scored 1 TD this season.

Mean while "noodle arm" Kyle Orton is averaging a full additional yard per attempt without Marshall. And he's making Brandon Lloyd a pro bowl player.

So go ahead, flame away, but I was right and you were wrong. Frustrating as his personnel decisions have been, McD made the right call on the two players above.

(No if McD could make use of those two picks and resign Llyod!)

Ummm, Marshall is on pace for a HOF career. If this year ends up being a down one, it won't change this fact.

Now where people were wrong was in that they didn't see Lloyd being as good as he is. Orton also doesn't make Lloyd. That is just dumb. Did you not watch Orton throwing lobs into double coverage while Lloyd made great plays on the ball, snatching it from between the two defenders? Lloyd is the one making Lloyd a pro bowl player.

As for Cutler, he has as many 4th quarter comeback wins as this team has wins this season. His team has 6 wins right now and has the division lead. I would take that over the product we have out there any day of the week.

bloodsunday
11-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Ummm, Marshall is on pace for a HOF career. If this year ends up being a down one, it won't change this fact.
Time will tell, but I whole-heartedly disagree. Marshall has only 1 thing going for him in terms of stats -- lots of catches. HoF voter are very, very picky, particularly about receivers. Unless something changes about his career trajectory, the HoF voters will quickly identify that he has played in pass-happy offenses in a pass-happy league and his HoF credentials will be shredded. If he somehow develops into more than a 1 trick pony, I'll change my tune. But there is no way he's on the way to the HoF as of this moment. What he's done in Miami is more of the same, not an aberration. Look at the numbers: His YPC are nearly the same, his TDs are still well below that of elite receivers.

As for Cutler, he has as many 4th quarter comeback wins as this team has wins this season. His team has 6 wins right now and has the division lead. I would take that over the product we have out there any day of the week.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/04/week4/1.html

Popps
11-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Time will tell, but I whole-heartedly disagree. Marshall has only 1 thing going for him in terms of stats -- lots of catches. HoF voter are very

I have s#it-bag on ignore, but please don't tell me someone is responding to this thread by mentioning the Hall of Fame and Marshall in the same sentence?

Hilarious!

I love this place.

Mile High Shack
11-15-2010, 10:57 AM
I have to take it back, I said McD was trading away all of our good talent, I was wrong, Cutler and Marshall are proof of that.

Hillis is a product of the system in Cleveland, as evidenced by Moreno's good game yesterday.

Now, as far as Alphonoso Smith, that was just a straight up mistake

jhns
11-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Time will tell, but I whole-heartedly disagree. Marshall has only 1 thing going for him in terms of stats -- lots of catches. HoF voter are very, very picky, particularly about receivers. Unless something changes about his career trajectory, the HoF voters will quickly identify that he has played in pass-happy offenses in a pass-happy league and his HoF credentials will be shredded. If he somehow develops into more than a 1 trick pony, I'll change my tune. But there is no way he's on the way to the HoF as of this moment. What he's done in Miami is more of the same, not an aberration. Look at the numbers: His YPC are nearly the same, his TDs are still well below that of elite receivers.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/04/week4/1.html

Marshall has set records that other great players in this pass happy league are not getting close to. He has multiple seasons in a row of over 100 catches, which only a few have done. He is on pace for the HOF no matter how much you hate him. Yes, he will have to keep up the production for about 8 more years. Yes, he could just as easily fall off and not do anything. Anyways, he is still on pace for another 100 catches(or 98..). I'm not sure how you can talk so bad about a receiver that always gets 100 catches a season, even when jumping teams or missing games. He needs more TDs than this year but again, one bad year doesn't mean much.

As for the Cutler vs Orton article, it is pretty poorly written. For one, Orton has a full extra year of developement than Cutler. When talking about last season, an extra year makes a big difference to that young of players. Look at Orton from last year to this year. The article also just completely skips the fact that Cutler is helping his team win while Orton has failed in most clutch moments. Cutler leads the league in QB rating for the final two minutes. He has brought his team from behind for wins in multiple games this season. His team has won twice as much as this one. Orton throws for %40 in the red zone(this may be better after yesterday). Orton has a 68 QB rating when this team is losing by 7 or less in the 4th. I don't really care what his yards are. Those don't mean much when you continually fail most every time the team has a chance to win. Cutler gets it done when his team needs him the most. Orton doesn't. I would take Cutler over Orton any day of the week. Orton is getting better though so hopefully he can change my mind by playing like he did yesterday a lot more.

bloodsunday
11-15-2010, 11:06 AM
I have to take it back, I said McD was trading away all of our good talent, I was wrong, Cutler and Marshall are proof of that.

Hillis is a product of the system in Cleveland, as evidenced by Moreno's good game yesterday.

Now, as far as Alphonoso Smith, that was just a straight up mistake

I'm not saying McD hasn't made mistakes -- I think he's made many. But Marshall and Cutler were not among them, crazy as that sounds.

bloodsunday
11-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Marshall has set records that other great players in this pass happy league are not getting close to. He has multiple seasons in a row of over 100 catches, which only a few have done. He is on pace for the HOF no matter how much you hate him. Yes, he will have to keep up the production for about 8 more years. Yes, he could just as easily fall off and not do anything. Anyways, he is still on pace for another 100 catches(or 98..). I'm not sure how you can talk so bad about a receiver that always gets 100 catches a season, even when jumping teams or missing games. He needs more TDs than this year but again, one bad year doesn't mean much.
Brandon Marshall = Wes Welker with big arms.

As for the Cutler vs Orton article, it is pretty poorly written. For one, Orton has a full extra year of developement than Cutler. When talking about last season, an extra year makes a big difference to that young of players. Look at Orton from last year to this year. The article also just completely skips the fact that Cutler is helping his team win while Orton has failed in most clutch moments. Cutler leads the league in QB rating for the final two minutes. He has brought his team from behind for wins in multiple games this season. His team has won twice as much as this one. Orton throws for %40 in the red zone(this may be better after yesterday). Orton has a 68 QB rating when this team is losing by 7 or less in the 4th. I don't really care what his yards are. Those don't mean much when you continually fail most every time the team has a chance to win. Cutler gets it done when his team needs him the most. Orton doesn't. I would take Cutler over Orton any day of the week. Orton is getting better though so hopefully he can change my mind by playing like he did yesterday a lot more.
Your whole argument is about this season. Orton had a better year last year and has a better career record than Cutler. Weren't you the one just complaining about a one year aberration for Marshall?

And Peter King? Of all the NFL writers to rip on.... man. You really don't know football do you?

Gort
11-15-2010, 11:10 AM
I have s#it-bag on ignore, but please don't tell me someone is responding to this thread by mentioning the Hall of Fame and Marshall in the same sentence?

Hilarious!

I love this place.

it's even worse than that. it's JHNS again, claiming that BM is already on pace for a HOF career and that no matter how poorly his season goes in Miami, he's still on pace for a HOF career.

broncocalijohn
11-15-2010, 11:14 AM

OMG, is this go_broncos 2nd alias? Why dont you just come out and say , "If we had Brandon Marshall, we would be 6-3!" If not, shut the f up and keep this **** in a thread about McD or the Broncos. THis is more of getting rid of a cancer and the cancer isnt producing at his new home. Your hatred is idiotic in this thread. Being anti McD isnt what makes you an ass, your an ass for exactly what I wrote.
BTW< BM is getting doubled and tripled coverage now. No way teams could do that with the weapons we have on wideouts.

bloodsunday
11-15-2010, 11:15 AM
I personally think Hillis was a mistake. I'd rather have the pick, Brandstader, and him than Brady Quinn. BUT, you can see why McD didn't like Hillis. First of all, he puts the ball on the ground too much (4 lost fumbles already this year). Second of all, he's not a good practice player. That sounds silly but that's the majority of time a coach has to grade a young player in his systems. This is the third year in a row that a team has RELUCTANTLY started Hillis. Cleveland gave Jerome Harrison multiple chances to win that job, particularly after Hillis fumbled in the redzone week 1. Shanahan went back to Torain (against Cleveland) after Hillis' breakout game in Denver before being forced to play Hillis when Torain went on IR. It took several injuries for Shanahan to finally put Hillis on the field and see his talent shine.

Now, as far as Alphonoso Smith, that was just a straight up mistake I haven't watched enough Detroit game to know more than Smith is making some interceptions. I felt like 2 years was too quick to give up on a guy that you invested a 1st round pick in. But the development of Syd'Quan Thompson (great preseason) and Cox kind of forced his hand. Neither of those guys would have lasted on the practice squad.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-15-2010, 11:19 AM
I love how in jhns' world, questioning Marshall's HOF credentials is equivalent to "hating" him.

What a world.

zdoor
11-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Even if this is true you have to at least admit that the BM trade was a good one, right? BM is a great player but the receiving game is fine without him, agree?

Whether or not the guy is a great player, he is one major screw up from a year suspension and after last year, I think trading him was our only option. So most definitely a good trade and one I think we handled the right way...

jhns
11-15-2010, 11:52 AM
I love how in jhns' world, questioning Marshall's HOF credentials is equivalent to "hating" him.

What a world.

LOL

The guy isn't questioning his HOF credentials big guy. He is claiming that Marshall isn't a good player even though he is having a HOF career (just doesn't have the length yet)...

Yeah, I would say you have to not like a player to do this. Either that or some of you are dumber than I thought.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-15-2010, 11:56 AM

Yeah, he really seems to hate Marshall... what with all his factual assertions, backed up with statistics that support his argument.

Hilarious!

Whatever, man. Our offense appears to be more balanced and better WITHOUT Marshall in the lineup. If he makes the HOF -- which is a LONG way off yet, and a BIG BIG if -- then you can crow all you want. It's going to be a long wait, and if he doesn't become more well-rounded, he probably won't get in.

/shrug

Guess that means I "hate" Marshall to the simpletons.

jhns
11-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Brandon Marshall = Wes Welker with big arms.

Your whole argument is about this season. Orton had a better year last year and has a better career record than Cutler. Weren't you the one just complaining about a one year aberration for Marshall?

And Peter King? Of all the NFL writers to rip on.... man. You really don't know football do you?

LOL

I don't know football is coming from someone claiming that Marshall isn't that good.

When did I claim anything about a one year abberation for Marshall? I showed that he is still on his normal catch rate and gave the fact that a single down year on TDs wouldn't hold him from the HOF. You are really reaching...

"You can clearly see that his moves haven't been bad. This is why we have only gotten worse with every move!"

Funny stuff.

jhns
11-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Yeah, he really seems to hate Marshall... what with all his factual assertions, backed up with statistics that support his argument.

Hilarious!

Whatever, man. Our offense appears to be more balanced and better WITHOUT Marshall in the lineup. If he makes the HOF -- which is a LONG way off yet, and a BIG BIG if -- then you can crow all you want. It's going to be a long wait, and if he doesn't become more well-rounded, he probably won't get in.

/shrug

Guess that means I "hate" Marshall to the simpletons.

What does our offense have to do with anything? We raplaced Marshall with a receiver that is playing better than any receiver in football. This means that Marshall wasn't good? Wtf?

This isn't a conversation of him making the HOF. I get that some of you, that seem to lack education, can't get this. The line I used was that he is on pace for a HOF career. That means that so far, he has played as a top receiver. Saying that he isn't that great only makes you look dumb. Arguing that he will or won't make the HOF is not what makes you a hater and isn't what blood is doing. He is arguing that Marshall isn't even good... I understand that you don't get the difference. That is what happens when you don't finish school.

He showed facts and statistics to back his argument? LOL What are these facts you speak of? You have me interested.

I really like this talk of being a more balanced offense though. Is this a fact to you? The last place rushing team and top team in passing yards is a balanced offense now? Did we not make it past the 3rd grade?

The best part of this argument is that he is still on pace for 100 catches even though he is the one getting double and triple covered. There is no way we would be better with a guy like that! Lloyd, Gaffney, and Royal would never benifit from a guy taking some of the coverage off of them!

Funny stuff.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-15-2010, 12:12 PM
That's alright, jizz. I'd rather not give you any more attention. If you can't figure it out by yourself by now, there really is no hope for you.

Can't wait for you to respond, missing the point once more.

jhns
11-15-2010, 12:15 PM
That's alright, jizz. I'd rather not give you any more attention. If you can't figure it out by yourself by now, there really is no hope for you.

Can't wait for you to respond, missing the point once more.

Miss the point that you can't follow a simple coversation? I guess.

Maybe it is that I am missing the point of you not knowing what a fact is. I should understand that not everyone made it through high school. I will try harder in the future.

Memento
11-15-2010, 12:16 PM
a single down year on TDs wouldn't hold him from the HOF.

Single down year? All Marshall does is he doesn't catch touchdowns (said to deride Marshall in reverse-ironic-Buddy-Ryan-derision-of-Chris-Carter way... i think).

jhns
11-15-2010, 12:22 PM
LOL

Fine, Marshall and his 362 catches over the past 3.5 years, is a bad receiver. Those records he set just show that he isn't a difference maker in this league!

baja
11-15-2010, 12:26 PM
LOL

Fine, Marshall and his 362 catches over the past 3.5 years, is a bad receiver. Those records he set just show that he isn't a difference maker in this league!

Marshall + South Beach is a ticking time bomb. One screw up and he is gone for a year, not a situation you want for your 'star' receiver.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Did anyone actually SAY that Marshall is "a bad receiver"? No? Didn't think so.

jhns
11-15-2010, 12:30 PM
it's even worse than that. it's JHNS again, claiming that BM is already on pace for a HOF career and that no matter how poorly his season goes in Miami, he's still on pace for a HOF career.

Ummm, more like claiming a 4th 100 catch season in a row by a 5th year player is not going to take him off of a HOF pace.

You girls get so upset about people leaving that you lose all ability to be rationale. It is funny stuff.

jhns
11-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Marshall + South Beach is a ticking time bomb. One screw up and he is gone for a year, not a situation you want for your 'star' receiver.

At least this is a rationale argument.

baja
11-15-2010, 12:36 PM
At least this is a rationale argument.

Marshall signed for almost 50 million and 20 million guaranteed + a cost of two second round picks given his suspension risk is this a deal you make?

jhns
11-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Marshall signed for almost 50 million and 20 million guaranteed + a cost of two second round picks given his suspension risk is this a deal you make?

If I am Denver, I would give him that contract. If I was Miami, I would hesitate to give up the picks as well. I hate trading future picks.

tsiguy96
11-15-2010, 12:42 PM
If I am Denver, I would give him that contract. If I was Miami, I would hesitate to give up the picks as well. I hate trading future picks.

good thing you dont trade picks for anything ROFL!

baja
11-15-2010, 12:44 PM

Would give him that contract today

jhns
11-15-2010, 12:52 PM
good thing you dont trade picks for anything ROFL!

I traded some the other day. It was in the same league that McDaniels got all of his experience at being a HC/GM from.

Al Wilson
11-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Marshall will have close to 100 receptions most seasons for the rest of his career, he's clearly a good player and a superb possession receiver. Problem is that he's not a good redzone receiver at all. He doesn't fight for the ball well enough to be as good on fades as he really should be, and his routes are too sloppy for him to consistently get open in the tighter spaces down near the goalline.
That right there is absolutely ridiculous and beyond stupid. Marshall is a great redzone reciever. He had most of his TDs in the redzoe last year, and was one of the NFL's best threats there.

2KBack
11-15-2010, 02:25 PM
That right there is absolutely ridiculous and beyond stupid. Marshall is a great redzone reciever. He had most of his TDs in the redzoe last year, and was one of the NFL's best threats there.

It's isn't that ridiculous. The majority of most WR's TD's come in the redzone. Just like most of all TD's are scored in the redzone. Doesn't necessarily mean he is any better threat than anyone else. The fact that he hasn't exactly scored a lot of TD's for his catch numbers would suggest he isn't.

Homer Simpson
11-15-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm impressed jhns showed up at all today, I assumed he'd be hiding in a cave with go_broncos and that strafen guy.

Rock Chalk
11-15-2010, 02:33 PM

Marshall had one "good" year of TDs, that was last year.

Beyond that Marshall has been completely invisible in the red zone.

NYBronco
11-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Not to mention the 2 second round picks. Great trade. And a case can be made that it was McD's system that made Marshall look so special as to warrant the price paid for him.

Many Bronco Marshall fans were saying that Bowlen, X and McD should give him the big payout and all would be roses. It appears the rose has truned to thorns in Miami. Another great move by the Broncos to rebuild this team.

extralife
11-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Plus Lloyd is a team player.

Lloyd was <i>way</i> worse than Marshall earlier in his career (and I'm still having a hard time getting over it). That said, he's never had a good season in his career--the dude knows who is buttering his bread this years, so I don't exactly expect him to open his mouth...yet.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Lloyd was <i>way</i> worse than Marshall earlier in his career (and I'm still having a hard time getting over it). That said, he's never had a good season in his career--the dude knows who is buttering his bread this years, so I don't exactly expect him to open his mouth...yet.

Was it an issue with him opening his mouth? Or was it just performance issues on the field?

I'm actually asking. Don't know enough about the guy to say one way or the other. I think it's entirely possible that he likes playing in a system that fits his strengths, with a good QB and coordinator, and that his headache days might have gone the way of his youth.

extralife
11-15-2010, 03:48 PM
I hope you are right, obviously. But yes, he was a problem child in every possible way with San Fran, mouth included.

OBF1
11-15-2010, 05:30 PM
ASS-hole[/B];3006708]Yes, McDaniels awesomeness has gotten us to 3-6. Enjoy it buddy, you deserve it.

fixed it for you ROFL!

baja
11-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Many Bronco Marshall fans were saying that Bowlen, X and McD should give him the big payout and all would be roses. It appears the rose has truned to thorns in Miami.<b> Another great move by the Broncos to rebuild this team.

Good point NYB

See this is the important issue right here. To do a proper rebuild you have to do it completely. Trying to rebuild while keeping a few talented pieces that don't fit with you plan is going to come back and bite you in the ass. It's no good trying to force a round peg in a square hole no matter how beautifully round the round piece is.

Atwater His Ass
11-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Shouldn't be surprised that most here cannot separate the player that is Brandon Marshall, and the trade that happened to include Brandon Marshall.

The haterade that goes on around here about players that have left the team is a circle jerk classic.

Brandon Marshall is one of the best WR's in the league and has had an amazing start to his career so far. To say otherwise is ignorance and allowing your bias to cloud whatever limited mental capacities you are functioning with.

Absolutely loved the "our offense is more balanced this year" comment though. Awesome.

Cito Pelon
11-15-2010, 05:39 PM
I liked Marshall's play, but he's a possession receiver and nothing more. He had a few nice YAC's when he used his power, but he also had a tendency to make the catch beyond the chains then lose yardage and the first down trying for that YAC.

The trade for 2 #2's was a coup. Marshall wanted out of this town, and I don't blame him. He needed a fresh start, too much baggage.

Soul-Bronco
11-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Shouldn't be surprised that most here cannot separate the player that is Brandon Marshall, and the trade that happened to include Brandon Marshall.

The haterade that goes on around here about players that have left the team is a circle jerk classic.

Brandon Marshall is one of the best WR's in the league and has had an amazing start to his career so far. To say otherwise is ignorance and allowing your bias to cloud whatever limited mental capacities you are functioning with.

Absolutely loved the "our offense is more balanced this year" comment though. Awesome.

says the guy whos taking brandon marshalls d1ck outta his mouth to type this

enjolras
11-15-2010, 06:07 PM

No one is disputing that he played terrifically here, but I disagree that he's had an "amazing" start to his career. He's a physical monster, however he's cut in the mold of Terrell Owens. You have to temper his physical ability with his mental ability to arrive at his total worth as a receiver.

Until Brandon Marshall grows up he'll never be a truly 'elite' receiver in the league (just like T.O.). If you simply measure greatness by the highlight reel, then Marshall is a remarkably great player. For my money that doesn't really matter. I don't care how many appearances you make on ESPN, I care that you're out there giving it 100% every game. I care that you're a good teammate and constantly working with your coaches and teammates to build your team into a championship contender.

Marshall has simply showed no signs of actually doing that. Between his off the field incidents and his on the field tantrums he has proved that he's a paper-tiger of the highest order. He'll wow you, sure, but greatness is measured in championships and Marshall (like T.O.) is an impediment to winning.

phillybroncosnut
11-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Who is that?

WolfpackGuy
11-15-2010, 06:11 PM
I dunno.

I haven't agreed with much regarding the current regime, but I think that Thomas guy they got could be WAY better than Marshall.

They just need to get his ass off the kick return team...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-15-2010, 06:13 PM
I should have been more specific with the "more balanced" comment. I mis-typed. Our passing game is WORLDS more balanced than it was last year, and I'm not even sure that's up for debate.

Atwater, NOBODY is saying Marshall isn't a good player. He was lionized here, and saying he's a sure-fire hall of famer is almost as funny as saying we have a balanced offense.

Requiem
11-15-2010, 06:13 PM
We were able to roll two deuces, one being Zane Beadles and the other forthcoming, and most importantly replace Marshall's production with a player that is playing for pennies on the dollar compared to what Brandon is receiving in Miami.

Who would have guessed Brandon Lloyd would be doing what he did this year for us. His earlier career struggles don't matter. His production and personality to this team have been pinnacle this year.

Marshall is a great player and will continue to be. He is gone now, so I'll keep supporting the boys here.

Cito Pelon
11-15-2010, 06:22 PM
I dunno.

I haven't agreed with much regarding the current regime, but I think that Thomas guy they got could be WAY better than Marshall.

They just need to get his ass off the kick return team...

Agreed

Drek
11-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Our passing attack is more balanced. We're using four WRs effectively as well as our #1 RB and are producing more passing yardage.

The passing game got better without Marshall here, simple as that.

baja
11-15-2010, 06:43 PM
I dunno.

<b>They just need to get his ass off the kick return team...

Unlike the more compact returners, Bay Bay looks very breakable out there.

I think he could be a very accomplished returner in time but I also think he very well may become a very special player. If Tebow also becomes a very special player as well the two of them playing together is exciting to think about.

WolfpackGuy
11-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Unlike the more compact returners, Bay Bay looks very breakable out there.

I think he could be a very accomplished returner in time but I also think he very well may become a very special player. If Tebow also becomes a very special player as well the two of them playing together is exciting to think about.

He just runs too upright which is suicide for a kickoff returner.

I was at the Baltimore game, and after that shot he took, he doesn't need to be returning kicks.

baja
11-15-2010, 06:59 PM
<b>We were able to roll two deuces, one being Zane Beadles and the other forthcoming, and most importantly replace Marshall's production with a player that is playing for pennies on the dollar compared to what Brandon is receiving in Miami.</b>

Who would have guessed Brandon Lloyd would be doing what he did this year for us. His earlier career struggles don't matter. His production and personality to this team have been pinnacle this year.

Marshall is a great player and will continue to be. He is gone now, so I'll keep supporting the boys here.

It's funny that Marshall was traded for a starting O lineman plus a reasonably high 2nd rd pick yet people here love to accuse of Josh replacing skill pieces he already had and not addressing the line. LOL

wandlc
11-15-2010, 11:22 PM
The only thing the Broncos haven't replaced is Brandon's ability to block on running plays. I was watching highlights of some of the Broncos best runs from the last couple of years and it amazing how many times Brandon seals the edge by knocking the DE off his feet and into the pursuit. Having Brandon out there in the run game is like having another TE on the field.

broncocalijohn
11-15-2010, 11:41 PM

Your wrong. He turned his head with said dick still in mouth to type away. Atwater his ass is a multi task master.

kappys
11-16-2010, 12:28 AM
The only thing the Broncos haven't replaced is Brandon's ability to block on running plays. I was watching highlights of some of the Broncos best runs from the last couple of years and it amazing how many times Brandon seals the edge by knocking the DE off his feet and into the pursuit. Having Brandon out there in the run game is like having another TE on the field.

Hard to coach size - just have to wait for Bey-Bey to get on the field

Requiem
11-16-2010, 11:24 AM
What receiver in the NFL wouldn't catch 100 balls if over 150+ were thrown his way?

Ray Finkle
11-16-2010, 11:26 AM

Josina?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-16-2010, 11:27 AM
What receiver in the NFL wouldn't catch 100 balls if over 150+ were thrown his way?

SToP SAYING HE'S NO GOOD AND THAT YOU HATE HIM! YOU'rE SUCH A HATURZ!

/jhns'd

Flex Gunmetal
11-16-2010, 11:53 AM
No one is disputing that he played terrifically here, but I disagree that he's had an "amazing" start to his career. He's a physical monster, however he's cut in the mold of Terrell Owens. You have to temper his physical ability with his mental ability to arrive at his total worth as a receiver.

Until Brandon Marshall grows up he'll never be a truly 'elite' receiver in the league (just like T.O.). If you simply measure greatness by the highlight reel, then Marshall is a remarkably great player. For my money that doesn't really matter. I don't care how many appearances you make on ESPN, I care that you're out there giving it 100% every game. I care that you're a good teammate and constantly working with your coaches and teammates to build your team into a championship contender.

Marshall has simply showed no signs of actually doing that. Between his off the field incidents and his on the field tantrums he has proved that he's a paper-tiger of the highest order. He'll wow you, sure, but greatness is measured in championships and Marshall (like T.O.) is an impediment to winning.

TO is truly an elite receiver, even today at his age.

jhns
11-16-2010, 12:01 PM
SToP SAYING HE'S NO GOOD AND THAT YOU HATE HIM! YOU'rE SUCH A HATURZ!

/jhns'd

HE ISNT A PLAYMAKER! THE FACT THAT SO FEW INTHE HISTORY F THIS GAME CAN MATCH HIS PRODUCTION OVER A 3.5 YEAR SPAN IS PROOF! THE HUGE PLAYS, LIKE IN LAST YEARS DALLAS GAME, ALSO PROVE THIS!

/Orangemaned / moosed...

It is sad that you all make Bronco fans look so dumb.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-16-2010, 12:27 PM
HE ISNT A PLAYMAKER! THE FACT THAT SO FEW INTHE HISTORY F THIS GAME CAN MATCH HIS PRODUCTION OVER A 3.5 YEAR SPAN IS PROOF! THE HUGE PLAYS, LIKE IN LAST YEARS DALLAS GAME, ALSO PROVE THIS!

/Orangemaned / moosed...

It is sad that you all make Bronco fans look so dumb.

Even if this were true, why would you give a ****? You're clearly not a bronco fan.

Again, did anyone actually SAY he wasn't a playmaker? Post a link. Unless, of course, you're just making up bull**** to support your black/white argument as usual.

But "we all" make Bronco fans look so dumb. :rofl:

Dedhed
11-16-2010, 12:37 PM
We have 7 players on the roster with as many or more TD receptions as Marshall.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-16-2010, 12:43 PM

That sort of factual assertion will get you nowhere in this argument. Marshall is headed for the HoF because jizz says so. We just can't see all Marshall's touchdowns because we hate him.

tsiguy96
11-16-2010, 12:43 PM

:rofl:

****, i traded for marshall in fantasy like 5 weeks ago.
/suckermove

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-16-2010, 12:44 PM
:rofl:

****, i traded for marshall in fantasy like 5 weeks ago.
/suckermove

I'd hold on to him if I were you. Having an inexperienced QB at the helm could mean really good things for a possession receiver like Marshall.

jhns
11-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Even if this were true, why would you give a ****? You're clearly not a bronco fan.

Again, did anyone actually SAY he wasn't a playmaker? Post a link. Unless, of course, you're just making up bull**** to support your black/white argument as usual.

But "we all" make Bronco fans look so dumb. :rofl:

First you show me where I said he is going to the HOF. Then go back and read the first post. You do make Bronco fans look dumb. You can't even read. This thing about him not being a playmaker is the only thing I argued about. You came in arguing against my posts. What exactly are you saying when you do that? Probably nothing as you can't read well enough to follow a conversation.