PDA

View Full Version : Kiszla: Hayley should make like a comet and leave!

Sassy
11-15-2010, 06:12 AM
LOL

Kiszla: Haley should make like a comet and leave
By Mark Kiszla
The Denver Post
Posted: 11/15/2010 01:00:00 AM MST

Irked by the loss, Chiefs coach Todd Haley gives Josh McDaniels a good scolding, instead of a gentlemanly handshake. ( Joe Amon, The Denver Post )How crummy does if feel to be you right now, Kansas City coach Todd Haley? You just got punked by one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Denver might not be any good, but for one given Sunday, at least, the Broncos were mean and nasty enough to rub the faces of Haley and his Chiefs in the dirt of a 49-29 defeat.

It must stink to be Haley.

Maybe the Kansas City coach can't handle the truth, if the icy reception he gave Denver counterpart Josh McDaniels on the field after the blowout was any indication. Red under the collar, Haley wagged a dismissive finger at McDaniels and stomped away.

Imagine the Chiefs' shame by being humbled by lowly Denver.

"I don't know what it was like for them, but it was sure fun for us," Broncos offensive tackle Ryan Harris said.

Denver stepped on the toes, hands and throats of its visitors, dropping five touchdowns on the Chiefs during the first half, then refused to show any mercy.

The Broncos were throwing the football in the fourth quarter with the game out of hand, and their final touchdown was the result of McDaniels challenging an official's call overturned by instant replay. With starters in the huddle, Denver took pleasure in notching the first 100-yard rushing performance of Knowshon Moreno's young, but often rocky career.

The Chiefs, revealing the fragile psyche of a team still learning to believe in itself, apparently got irked by the dominance Denver showed. Why else would Kansas City go for two points after a meaningless TD, when trailing by 20 on the scoreboard with 10 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter?

It was the NFL equivalent of a middle-schooler firing a spitwad through a plastic straw, when the classy thing for the Chiefs would have been to lose quietly, get out of town quickly and move on to fixing everything wrong.

If you're asking me, it seems the Broncos must have gotten under the skin of Haley and his staff. Maybe the powers that be in Kansas City know how easily this season could unravel for a team with zero pedigree.

During the traditional postgame handshake between coaches at midfield, Haley seemed far more interested in giving McDaniels the cold shoulder.

Asked about what had him upset, Haley got a little defensive and extremely evasive.

"That's a private time between head coaches that has become not so private," Haley responded.

Between hems and haws, Haley emphasized the Chiefs played their hearts out until the final snap, then suggested when you have been in football as long as he has been, sometimes you see indications from a foe that make you uncomfortable.

Yada, yada, yada.

Hey, if Haley thought the Broncos were running up the score or acting disrespectfully, shouldn't the Kansas City coach at least be man enough to come right out and say it, rather than tap-dancing around the issue?

When McDaniels chest bumps receiver Jabar Gaffney on the sideline or pumps his fist with vigor that could make Tiger Woods envious as Denver scores a touchdown, those displays of emotion can set the teeth of foes on edge.

OK, so we know the Chiefs can't handle the heat.

Let's consider ticking off the opposition as a major step forward for Denver, which had fallen so far during the course of a four-game losing streak that even Broncomaniacs were growing weary of cursing their fate and had felt boredom inventing new, insulting nicknames from

Share Your Analysis

Post sports columnist Mark Kiszla fields your feedback. Look for it in Kickin' It With Kiz on Sundays.
Mc-Smartypants to far worse for the local NFL franchise's embattled coach.

"I think everyone was frustrated at different points," Harris said of Denver's long, sickening swoon. "But you've just got to keep working. The only thing to do when you're frustrated is to work through the tough parts."

Even in the mild, mild AFC West, where mediocrity is sufficient to give a team hope for a playoff berth, the Broncos probably stumbled too much on their way to a 3-6 record to get back in the race.

But this much we know is true: Although Kansas City can be found atop the division, the Chiefs are pretenders. Denver is two back in the division lead, with seven dates left on the schedule. Find a way to win their next contest, against San Diego on the road, and maybe, just maybe, the Broncos could approach something resembling relevance again.

"This business is crazy," Denver defensive lineman Justin Bannan said.

Somebody better go inspect the visiting locker room one final time. I think Kansas City misplaced its mojo. In the thin air of Denver, the Chiefs felt a little dizzy, as an NFL team often does when it's about to take a long, hard fall.

Mark Kiszla: 303-954-1053 or mkiszla@denverpost.com

Read more: Kiszla: Haley should make like a comet and leave - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16614230#ixzz15M9uzciG

Bronco Rob
11-15-2010, 06:18 AM
Lol

Sassy
11-15-2010, 06:19 AM
woody paige
Paige: News flash — McD rallies his troops
By Woody Paige
The Denver Post
Posted: 11/15/2010 01:00:00 AM MST

Kyle Orton looks to throw a pass as he helps Denver grab a 21-0 lead with three TD passes in the first quarter. ( Andy Cross, The Denver Post )Where did that come from? Where has that been all year? What was that?

McRib is back, and so were McD and the Broncos on Sunday.

If you don't want to get trapped in traffic at the stadium, stay until the game ends.

By midway of the fourth quarter Sunday, the majority of the multitude already had dearly departed.

Just as at the previous home game when the unruly crowd dispersed early.

Remember when Broncos-Raiders and Broncos-Chiefs used to be taut, terrific and tantalizing until the last drop and the last dropped pass?

This year the excitement has been over before you could say Hank Stram and John Madden.

The Broncos had a 55-point turnaround on Sunday. After the 59-14 debacle against the Raiders, the Broncos bulldozed the Chiefs 49-29, and it could have been 79-19.

The Broncos broke out in a rash of offense and defense and cat- scratch fever and treated Kansas City like a directional Division II team from Branson, Mo. This certainly didn't look like the same team that had dropped four straight here and abroad.

Maybe all the Broncos needed was two weeks off and another star player controversy. Josh McDaniels did a playbook adjustment, the players did an attitude adjustment, and for the first time all season the Broncos gained in the standings on their three division opponents. (The Raiders and the Chargers had byes. The Chiefs were a cheap buy.)

The Broncos had scored seven whole points in eight first quarters. On Sunday they scored 21 points in the first 14 minutes.

Yippy ki yay, Kyle.

Wait! There was so much more in the Broncos' first home victory since the middle of September.

STOP THE PRESSES! Knowshon Moreno rushed for 100 yards for the first time.

STOP THE PRESSES, Part 2! Tim Tebow threw his first pass . . . for a touchdown.

STOP THE PRESSES, Part 3! Mario Haggan, Mr. Inside, Mr. Outside, personally devastated the Chiefs with three sacks and a forced fumble.

Start the presses. The Broncos produced a perfect storm after producing so many damp drips.

Where did it happen? Two weeks ago, late at night in London, Mc- Daniels talked about how the players, the staff and, especially, he had to look at their reflection in the mirror — wicked witch-like — and rethink the way they did business with time off before K.C. came to Denver.

McD's playbook looked seriously fresher, and his players looked seriously refreshed. The Broncos were not those passive tenderfeet who showed up against the Bay Boys — the Raiders and the 49ers — but acted more aggressive and meaner on both sides of the ball. Like they cared. The Chiefs never saw or felt what was becoming of the Broncos.

Kyle Orton, who had been rather pedestrian and sloppy lately, threw three touchdown passes — in the first quarter, then another later. No interceptions, no fumbles.

STOP THE PRESSES AGAIN! The Broncos had only three penalties. In recent games they would have three penalties in one three- and-out series.

S.T.P.! The Broncos were 5-of-5 in red zone visits and 6-of-10 on third downs. They scored five touchdowns in only four offensive possessions. (The other was a 75-yard fumble return with Haggan forcing, Jason Hunter rumbling.)

MORE STOP THE PRESSES! Tebow ran for a touchdown, passed for a touchdown, and McDaniels still doesn't trust him in a

Submit Your Question

Post sports columnist Woody Paige fields your questions. Look for Woody's Mailbag on Thursdays.
blowout.

It does have to be noticed that the Chiefs really are not worth stopping the fax machine for. They got ahead in the AFC West by virtue of the Broncos and the Chargers being so bad so often. But the winner of the Broncos-Chargers game next Monday night actually is on the cusp of mediocrity.

At least, though, the Broncos gave the townsfolk a sensational effort that hadn't been witnessed in more than a year, since the Broncos defeated the Patriots. Perhaps McDaniels was trying to prove he's not the failure as a head coach that Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel were. His old QB, Matt Cassel, did throw for 469 yards . . . mostly useless yards. "The Broncos came out to play and dominated," Cassel said. Get Bart- lett's Quotations on the phone.

The first half of this game and the second half of this season obviously was more fruitful than other first halves this season and the second half of last season.

For all the blame McD has gotten (deservedly) for his coaching efforts, he warrants praise for Sunday, because the players could have quit on him and the season, and he could have continued with the stale strategies and plaid raincoats on defense.

"Coming off the bye week," McDaniels said, "we talked a lot about fundamentals and not hurting ourselves and trying to eliminate some of the negative situations that we've put ourselves in throughout the course of the season. I thought our guys responded with a great focus."

The McRib is back for a limited time.

Are McD and the Broncos too?

That is the question.

Woody Paige: 303-954-1095 or wpaige@denverpost.com

Read more: Paige: News flash — McD rallies his troops - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16614232#ixzz15MBZtffv

broncogary
11-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Here's what the Kansas City paper had on the incident:

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1544

Why did Haley snub McDaniels?

Chiefs coach Todd Haley didn't say much Sunday evening about the reasons why he refused to shake hands with Denver coach Josh McDaniels after the Broncos' 49-29 victory at Invesco Field.

After the final whistle, Haley and McDaniels met at midfield, and the Chiefs coach pointed at McDaniels and said something, then turned his back instead of shaking McDaniels' hand.

Asked about the altercation, Haley said only that it was a "private" moment and that he wouldn't elaborate.

Denver still had its starters in late in the contest, and it continued passing even with a comfortable lead.

The Chiefs had a chance in last season's finale, which Kansas City won 44-24, to leave its starters in and allow running back Jamaal Charles to pursue the NFL's single-game rushing yards record. Instead, the Chiefs pulled Charles with 259 yards, 37 shy of Adrian Peterson's record. The Chiefs removed most of their starters in that game after the score was out of Denver's reach.

It was clear Sunday that Kansas City took exception to the fact that Denver didn't afford the Chiefs the same courtesy Sunday.

Sassy
11-15-2010, 06:30 AM
What they said: Broncos get fast start in win over Chiefs
By The Denver Post
Posted: 11/14/2010 06:54:48 PM MST

Broncos 49, Chiefs 29
Nov 14:

"Finally we started fast and that's something we've been talking about."
--Josh McDaniels on 21 first-quarter points Sunday. The Broncos had scored seven points in the first quarter all season before Sunday.

"I'm not talking."
--Broncos linebacker DJ Williams, who was benched for the first series as punishment for his arrest on DUI charges Friday morning. Williams sat out six plays and entered the game with about four minutes remaining in the first quarter.

"We were unable to play defense the way we need to play and get stops when we had to. That's what it is. It wasn't a case of being out-matched. We have to do 11-man defense and that's what we're preaching here. We had too many break downs."
---Kansas City coach Todd Haley.
LOL!

"Hopefully, they bite on the fake a little bit and I make an accurate pass. I knew Spencer would do a great job selling the fake and catching it and getting in there, and he did. It was exciting just to be out there and be able to contribute to the team and feel like a part of it and help them. To be able to throw a pass was a lot of fun as well."
---Broncos QB Tim Tebow on his first NFL touchdown pass, to Spencer Larson

"We talked about really not letting them outside - they do a great job of getting the ball to the edge of the defense and we kind of compared it to (Tennessee RB) Chris Johnson and the game plan we had against Tennessee earlier in the year, in that we didn't want to allow them to get the ball to the sideline. I thought our defense did a good job of containing their runs tonight."
---McDaniels on the Broncos' run defense vs. Kansas City

Read more: What they said: Broncos get fast start in win over Chiefs - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16613209?source=pkg#ixzz15ME9foN2

Blueflame
11-15-2010, 06:52 AM
""That's a private time between head coaches that has become not so private," Haley responded."

BS. A "private time" is behind closed doors... which has never been the case with post-game HC handshakes. There have always been cameras everywhere for that VERY PUBLIC time.

baja
11-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Here's what the Kansas City paper had on the incident:

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1544

Why did Haley snub McDaniels?

Chiefs coach Todd Haley didn't say much Sunday evening about the reasons why he refused to shake hands with Denver coach Josh McDaniels after the Broncos' 49-29 victory at Invesco Field.

After the final whistle, Haley and McDaniels met at midfield, and the Chiefs coach pointed at McDaniels and said something, then turned his back instead of shaking McDaniels' hand.

Asked about the altercation, Haley said only that it was a "private" moment and that he wouldn't elaborate.

Denver still had its starters in late in the contest, and it continued passing even with a comfortable lead.

The Chiefs had a chance in last season's finale, which Kansas City won 44-24, to leave its starters in and allow running back Jamaal Charles to pursue the NFL's single-game rushing yards record. Instead, the Chiefs pulled Charles with 259 yards, 37 shy of Adrian Peterson's record. The Chiefs removed most of their starters in that game after the score was out of Denver's reach.

<b>It was clear Sunday that Kansas City took exception to the fact that Denver didn't afford the Chiefs the same courtesy Sunday.

Anyone can see we could have put on more points easily and could have kept the Chiefs from scoring some of those late scores.

As for the challenge of Lloyds TD that was one hell of a catch and he deserves the right call. Good on McD for challenging

Mogulseeker
11-15-2010, 07:30 AM
LOL

"I don't know what it was like for them, but it was sure fun for us," Broncos offensive tackle Ryan Harris said.

He must have a short memory.

Jetmeck
11-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Give credit to McD for apologizing when we had our ass handed to us. Dumbass Haley never did in his press conference. Never gave credit to us either. Bad sport and needs his but spanked again in three weeks.

If we come out focused like that we can do it again.

orinjkrush
11-15-2010, 07:57 AM
i hope the league reviews the Haley-McD play for UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT and issues a penalty for a PERSONAL FOUL.

its time coaches are held accountable for their behavior too.

Garcia Bronco
11-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Kizla is gay. I don't know what's worse; That he has a job or that people read his garbage.

worm
11-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Gotta love some hate between divisional rivals in the AFC West. It restores order to the universe.

bendog
11-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Well, weren't there less than ten minutes to go and Den up 42-17 when Den passes and challanges? I don't really know because I watched streaming but in the second half moved on to house cleaning and wasn't paying close attention beyond checking the scores as I limped through with my toilet want and can of comet.

Ryan would gut punched McDanaiels and give him a shoe to the kidneys on the ground. (-:

Br0nc0Buster
11-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Well, weren't there less than ten minutes to go and Den up 42-17 when Den passes and challanges? I don't really know because I watched streaming but in the second half moved on to house cleaning and wasn't paying close attention beyond checking the scores as I limped through with my toilet want and can of comet.

Ryan would gut punched McDanaiels and give him a shoe to the kidneys on the ground. (-:

Lloyd caught the ball in the endzone and the refs screwed up the call.
Josh challenged because it was a catch

nothing wrong with that
besides the Chiefs were onside kicking it,so if the Chiefs didnt quite playing why should the Broncos?

bendog
11-15-2010, 09:12 AM
it's more about why are they still passing. Come on, it was bushleague running a score up. If the chorfs did that in arrowhead, I'd want my coach to take a swing at thiers. A pussy move on both guys.

missingnumber7
11-15-2010, 09:15 AM
""That's a private time between head coaches that has become not so private," Haley responded."

BS. A "private time" is behind closed doors... which has never been the case with post-game HC handshakes. There have always been cameras everywhere for that VERY PUBLIC time.

Thats what he said what he really meant was I wanted to kick him in the nuts, but with all the damn cameras there I would have gotten fined. I just pray he doesn't take me to the woodshed again when we play in KC.

Pick Six
11-15-2010, 09:20 AM
it's more about why are they still passing. Come on, it was bushleague running a score up. If the chorfs did that in arrowhead, I'd want my coach to take a swing at thiers. A p***Y move on both guys.

Running the score up? If the game was extended another quarter, we might not have even WON the game. Kansas City did a good job in attempting a comeback...

Beantown Bronco
11-15-2010, 09:24 AM
it's more about why are they still passing. Come on, it was bushleague running a score up. If the chorfs did that in arrowhead, I'd want my coach to take a swing at thiers. A p***Y move on both guys.

You're insane. Yup, let's run right into those 9 man fronts and just keep giving them the ball back after 3 and outs. If they're going to keep trying to score, then so should we....ESPECIALLY with the way our defense was playing late in the game.

Meck77
11-15-2010, 09:27 AM
McDummy can't win, Fire McDouche, McD shouldn't kick the crap out of a divisional rival.....

I've heard it all now! What a great monday! Broncos win! Back country powder here I come!

bendog
11-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Right, it's high school.

vancejohnson82
11-15-2010, 09:49 AM
we scored 28 points in 8 minutes....why couldnt the Chiefs do the same thing to come back?

with the way this defense gives up yardage and points you needed to keep scoring...

Jesus, this team can't win with some of you people...its pathetic

SoonerBronco
11-15-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm with Mike Leach on this one...seriously...stop them from scoring. It's football folks, reps give experience, it's not the other teams fault you forgot to show up today.

Grow a pair Haley.

Pick Six
11-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Shouldn't that be "make like a comet and STREAK"? But, of course, nobody wants to see that...Hilarious!

HAT
11-15-2010, 10:17 AM

lolwut? It's amazing how the tru a-holes here will complain about virtually anything.

Did you even watch the game?

These are Denver's drives that started in the 4th Q.

1st-10, KC42 6:52 K. Moreno rushed to the right for 2 yard gain
2nd-8, KC40 6:12 K. Moreno rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain
3rd-4, KC36 5:31 K. Orton incomplete pass to the right
4th-4, KC36 5:16 B. Colquitt punt, touchback

1st-10, KC38 3:30 K. Moreno rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain
2nd-6, KC34 2:48 K. Moreno rushed to the right for 1 yard gain
3rd-5, KC33 2:06 K. Moreno rushed to the right for 1 yard gain
4th-4, KC32 1:55 K. Orton passed to C. Buckhalter to the right for 2

1st-10, DEN40 0:10 K. Orton rushed up the middle for 1 yard loss (Kneeled)

Tombstone RJ
11-15-2010, 10:23 AM
lolwut? It's amazing how the tru a-holes here will complain about virtually anything.

Did you even watch the game?

These are Denver's drives that started in the 4th Q.

1st-10, KC42 6:52 K. Moreno rushed to the right for 2 yard gain
2nd-8, KC40 6:12 K. Moreno rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain
3rd-4, KC36 5:31 K. Orton incomplete pass to the right
4th-4, KC36 5:16 B. Colquitt punt, touchback

1st-10, KC38 3:30 K. Moreno rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain
2nd-6, KC34 2:48 K. Moreno rushed to the right for 1 yard gain
3rd-5, KC33 2:06 K. Moreno rushed to the right for 1 yard gain
4th-4, KC32 1:55 K. Orton passed to C. Buckhalter to the right for 2

1st-10, DEN40 0:10 K. Orton rushed up the middle for 1 yard loss (Kneeled)

Yah, but the Broncos starters were still in the game!! Wah! Seriously, Haley is a crybaby.

Houshyamama
11-15-2010, 10:27 AM
"That's a private time between head coaches that has become not so private," Haley responded.It's in the middle of the ****ing football field you ass pirate.

JJG
11-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Like other have said, the chiefs didn't stop trying, so why should denver. The chiefs were flinging the ball all over the place, going for it on 4th down, going for 2 multiple times, kicking multiple onsides kicks, and playing all their starters. besides denver did tone it down in the second half and especially late with a lot of back ups getting playing time. We really missed doom and Ayers in the second half, they would have destroyed any hope KC had of a comeback.

Pony Boy
11-15-2010, 11:00 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MyLHtXWJvj8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MyLHtXWJvj8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

HEAV
11-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Kizla is gay. I don't know what's worse; That he has a job or that people read his garbage.

Both are bad.

I mean he got the term wrong! It's make like a tree and leave! Why to go Biff Kizla...

Worst group of sports writers all reside in Denver.

crazyhorse
11-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Anyone can see we could have put on more points easily and could have kept the Chiefs from scoring some of those late scores.

As for the challenge of Lloyds TD that was one hell of a catch and he deserves the right call. Good on McD for challenging

If you could have stopped KC from scoring, you should have. Because now I think you couldn't have.

jonny1
11-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Both are bad.

I mean he got the term wrong! It's make like a tree and leave! Why to go Biff Kizla...

Worst group of sports writers all reside in Denver.

He was being clever . . . well, trying.

Haley's comet . . .

Rabb
11-15-2010, 11:57 AM
If you could have stopped KC from scoring, you should have. Because now I think you couldn't have.

49 - 29

woulda', coulda', scoreboard

Archer81
11-15-2010, 12:08 PM

So...for 49 minutes KC decided to let Denver run up 49 points and only score 17 of their own?

:Broncos:

baja
11-15-2010, 12:13 PM

You scored most of your points after we went into a prevent defense which as you know is designed to use clock. If we played the same D in the 2nd half as we did in the first half you likely would have not marched down the field as easily as you did. You started the game with 3 - 3 & outs while we had 3 long drives for 21 points.

Br0nc0Buster
11-15-2010, 12:14 PM

we did stop KC from scoring while we were going up 35-0
so I think the notion that we cant stop your offense has been soundly put to bed

broncocalijohn
11-15-2010, 12:48 PM

Even in a win, you find a way to criticize McDaniels. As long as KC was trying to win, why would we not try to score or continue the drive? We did many 2 runs then throw. It was like Dan Reeves was coaching the 4th quarter. I wish McD put Tebow or Quinn in during the last part of the 4th quarter but everything else, McD was correct.

baja
11-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Even in a win, you find a way to criticize McDaniels. As long as KC was trying to win, why would we not try to score or continue the drive? We did many 2 runs then throw. It was like Dan Reeves was coaching the 4th quarter. I wish McD put Tebow or Quinn in during the last part of the 4th quarter but everything else, McD was correct.

Orton was getting good protection and he still needs all the reps he can get in this system.

Besides Josh is show casing a future tradable player.

bendog
11-15-2010, 12:53 PM
KC didn't stop ****e. But when any team is up 25 pts with 10 mins or less to go, the ONLY excuse to throw into the endzone is to run up a score. If a defense is crowding the box, there's no sportsmanship issue in throwing for a first down to keep the ball and keep the other team's offense off the field. But up 25, the other team has to score three tds, convert a two pt AND kick a frigging fg to tie. That's not going to happen unless the team that's ahead coughs up the ball a lot, and that's actually more likely to happen by passing instead of running.

If a defense can't stop a run, and an offense keeps running it into the endzone late in the game, that's a beat down. Passing to run up a score is ... just not old school. It's being a pussy more than making a statement that "my nine can beat your nine."

McDaniels and the broncos saved McDaniel's job. They wanted the game more than the chefs. If the chefs pass in arrowhead up by 25 in the fourth, let's see if McDaniels is man enough to take his medicine and shake hands.

bendog
11-15-2010, 12:53 PM

it was a pussy move. I didn't call to pass into the endzone. Live with it.

Rock Chalk
11-15-2010, 12:57 PM
it was a p***Y move. I didn't call to pass into the endzone. Live with it.
http://www.ruggli.com/bilder/inhalt/produkte/cl-3m_tampon.jpg
Here you ****ing p***Y.

baja
11-15-2010, 12:59 PM
KC didn't stop ****e. But when any team is up 25 pts with 10 mins or less to go, the ONLY excuse to throw into the endzone is to run up a score. If a defense is crowding the box, there's no sportsmanship issue in throwing for a first down to keep the ball and keep the other team's offense off the field. But up 25, the other team has to score three tds, convert a two pt AND kick a frigging fg to tie. That's not going to happen unless the team that's ahead coughs up the ball a lot, and that's actually more likely to happen by passing instead of running.

If a defense can't stop a run, and an offense keeps running it into the endzone late in the game, that's a beat down. Passing to run up a score is ... just not old school. It's being a p***Y more than making a statement that "my nine can beat your nine."

McDaniels and the broncos saved McDaniel's job. They wanted the game more than the chefs. If the chefs pass in arrowhead up by 25 in the fourth, let's see if McDaniels is man enough to take his medicine and shake hands.

Your hate for coach McDaniels is sickening. Years ago you used to be one of the top posters around here now you are troll status.

I used to miss you now that you are back and posting this crap I wish I was still missing you.

crazyhorse
11-15-2010, 01:01 PM
49 - 29

woulda', coulda', scoreboard

I think you misunderstood the post.

bendog
11-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Your hate for coach McDaniels is sickening. Years ago you used to be one of the top posters around here now you are troll status.

I used to miss you now that you are back and posting this crap I wish I was still missing you.

baja I don't hate anyone. You're washing the guys junk, but that's ok. Passing up by 25 is NOT old school. ****ing deal with it. Personally, I don't care beyond it not being what a TD or Portis offense would have done, and I miss that, and it was more like being a billicheat p***Y move. But that's really ok by me. Just don't you whiny b****es complain when it comes back to bite this team on the ass, because it ALWAYS does. McDaniels was sending a message. Fine. But don't kid yourselves that it was the same as when Sharpe faked the phone call to "Mr President call out the national guard"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/05/17/sharpe.retrospective/index.html

PS, old school

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199611170nwe.htm

missingnumber7
11-15-2010, 01:22 PM

If a defense can't stop a run, and an offense keeps running it into the endzone late in the game, that's a beat down. Passing to run up a score is ... just not old school. It's being a p***Y more than making a statement that "my nine can beat your nine."

So is this quoted directly from the NFL Headcoaches code of conduct or does this come strait from your arse?

baja
11-15-2010, 05:22 PM
baja I don't hate anyone. You're washing the guys junk, but that's ok. Passing up by 25 is NOT old school. ****ing deal with it. Personally, I don't care beyond it not being what a TD or Portis offense would have done, and I miss that, and it was more like being a billicheat p***Y move. But that's really ok by me. Just don't you whiny b****es complain when it comes back to bite this team on the ass, because it ALWAYS does. McDaniels was sending a message. Fine. But don't kid yourselves that it was the same as when Sharpe faked the phone call to "Mr President call out the national guard"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/05/17/sharpe.retrospective/index.html

PS, old school

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199611170nwe.htm

Really who is whining here?

Reread your post and you tell me.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-15-2010, 05:46 PM
I don't care what anyone else says, I needed to watch the Broncos curb stomp the Chiefs. Pile on the points and fist pump till your arm falls off tiny dancer. I can't remember a win feeling that good in a long, long time. It was just the thing for a broken football spirit.

montrose
11-15-2010, 05:52 PM
What a d-bag, hopefully this helps Broncos fans band together behind OUR coach.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-15-2010, 06:02 PM

I have to admit that as much as I disliked the fist pumping after the Pats game, I admired McD's humility with Cable. Honestly I would prefer a little more even keel, but I fugging loathe people who act like Haley did.

~Crash~
11-15-2010, 06:33 PM
the only way Haily is right is if he pulled his starters ! other wise he is full of **** .

gunns
11-15-2010, 07:16 PM
The Chiefs, revealing the fragile psyche of a team still learning to believe in itself,

BS, fragile my ass. They believed they were SB bound.

Mc- Daniels talked about how the players, the staff and, especially, he had to look at their reflection in the mirror wicked witch-like and rethink the way they did business

Bingo! This is why I've been so angry. Even when the Broncos don't have it they play at least like they want it. I can handle a loss but not one where the players show up like a high school football team and don't have a clue. Congrats to the coach and players for getting it.

"That's a private time between head coaches that has become not so private," Haley responded.

More BS. In the middle of a football field with millions watching? You know you were wrong. Little bitch.

Maybe the powers that be in Kansas City know how easily this season could unravel for a team with zero pedigree.

Hilarious!

OK, so we know the Chiefs can't handle the heat.

Nailed.

Let's consider ticking off the opposition as a major step forward for Denver,

Absolutely. Bronco football at it's best.

And finally a great article by Kizla.

gunns
11-15-2010, 07:29 PM

I'm as old school as they come and I do not agree with this. If Denver had a winning record this year I would agree. Yesterday wasn't against the Chiefs, it was for the Broncos. The Broncos were a team that needed this and wanted to continue experiencing the good feelings that had eluded them all year. We all needed this. Haley was a little bitch REGARDLESS. And if there is one thing about McDaniels, I have no doubt he will shake hands if that happens to the Broncos in KC.

Come back to bite the Bronco's in the ass? The Bronco's already got bit in the ass, it cannot get any worse than that.

Sassy
11-15-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm as old school as they come and I do not agree with this. If Denver had a winning record this year I would agree. Yesterday wasn't against the Chiefs, it was for the Broncos. The Broncos were a team that needed this and wanted to continue experiencing the good feelings that had eluded them all year. We all needed this. Haley was a little b**** REGARDLESS. And if there is one thing about McDaniels, I have no doubt he will shake hands if that happens to the Broncos in KC.

Come back to bite the Bronco's in the ass? The Bronco's already got bit in the ass, it cannot get any worse than that.

:yayaya:

KCStud
11-15-2010, 07:53 PM
BS, fragile my ass. They believed they were SB bound.

What? KC never thought they were SB bound. Even when we were 5-2, Haley didn't call us a "good team."

Sassy
11-15-2010, 08:09 PM
What? KC never thought they were SB bound. Even when we were 5-2, Haley didn't call us a "good team."

Haley didn't...but the fans thought they were SB bound...do you still ? ;D

gunns
11-15-2010, 08:17 PM

Thank you, beat me to it.

baja
11-15-2010, 08:18 PM
I don't care what anyone else says, I needed to watch the Broncos curb stomp the Chiefs. Pile on the points and fist pump till your arm falls off tiny dancer. I can't remember a win feeling that good in a long, long time. It was just the thing for a broken football spirit.

Exactly!!!!! rep for that one Doc.

baja
11-15-2010, 08:20 PM

Amen & rep.

KCStud
11-15-2010, 08:48 PM

who? I don't think Bob even thought that