PDA

View Full Version : Second-Half D was appalling

UberBroncoMan
11-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority here but I was ****ing disgusted with how our D let up in the second half. We had some good stops, and were pretty damn solid on running D. But we let them march down with their 30th ranked passing attack, over, and over again. I don't give a **** if we're in the lead by 100 points. We should be playing to destroy the opposition until the game ends.

We need to have a killer instinct as a team. That means piling up the points, and bringing the heat all game on D.

Also, I noticed our running game went downhill in a hurry in the second half. Larsen's run was pretty awesome though.

We should not have won the game by a mere 20 points after putting up 49.

Other than that, it's great to see such an important win at a time where it was needed to save our season.

oubronco
11-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Giving up almost 500 yds passing and 4 td's isn't a good day for a defense but hey I'll gladly take it if we win

Ugly Duck
11-14-2010, 04:39 PM
I was ****ing disgusted

Man, I wish I had the luxury to be disgusted that my team didn't blow a division rival out even worse than they did in this game. You DonkFanz don't know how good you got it....

theAPAOps5
You are an idiot, what a stupid post. Go away and let the big boys enjoy the win.

extralife
Yeah, the D more or less stopped playing. Champ looked like he spent the last two weeks sitting on the couch.

UberBroncoMan
11-14-2010, 04:40 PM
You are an idiot, what a stupid post. Go away and let the big boys enjoy the win.

Go cut your wrists Apa. I have every right to voice how I feel. If you don't like it I don't give a ****. I want a killer instinct team. You're fine with a team that takes plays off when they're up... w/e.

Homer Simpson
http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/whine.jpg

Utterly pathetic, we just put up 49 points.

theAPAOps5
Idiot.

eddie mac
More than likely gassed after a world class first half performance either that or in heaven considering they haven't been that far in front since the last time they beat KC.

Baby steps folks.

theAPAOps5
11-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Dumbest thread this season. What a little boy.

Archer81
11-14-2010, 04:42 PM
OP fail.

Bitch about something important.

:Broncos:

Dutch
11-14-2010, 04:43 PM
prevent......period.....lighten up Lieutenant. Big win, calm down drama queen.

crush17
11-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Lol get over yourself OP.

extralife
11-14-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm a little surprised you guys are getting so bent out of shape over this thread. Have Bronco fans really gotten to the point where a win is so rare that nothing can be improved upon?

I remember a time where this game would've made us mad. How punchless.

Soul-Bronco
11-14-2010, 04:45 PM
we had kyle mccarthy in at safety by the end of the game, that is all that needs to be said

Broncoman13
http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/whine.jpg

Utterly pathetic, we just put up 49 points.

~co-sign

UberBroncoMan
Didn't realize how many pansy fans there were. Seems I am in the minority.

theAPAOps5
Except they were playing off and rushing very little. It was prevent. They guy is acting like a little kid who can't handle just winning.

Every game shows you something to improve upon but when you are up that hi you back off, which they did. It was garbage points.

theAPAOps5
11-14-2010, 04:46 PM

Nope you are just stupid.

UberBroncoMan
11-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Except they were playing off and rushing very little. It was prevent. They guy is acting like a little kid who can't handle just winning.

Every game shows you something to improve upon but when you are up that hi you back off, which they did. It was garbage points.

Oh I love winning. I loved getting this win. I couldn't stand watching them march down on us, and seeing people jog around because we were up by 3-4 TD's. I ****ing hate that ****, and I wish this team would fight to the end regardless of the score.

theAPAOps5
11-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Now if you said it that way it probably would have been received much better.

Binkythefrog
11-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Given that we play them again this season, I'm sure that they went completely vanilla on defense and offense to save some game planning for the second matchup. I wouldn't want to see our d running crazy sets in a blowout when Denver will need everything it has to win in a place it rarely wins.

It looked like our defense basically either did some kind of cb blitz, or just played basic man d in the second half.

Our offense also went very vanilla. I'm satisfied with the win, and I think Haley's shaft of McD will only serve to motivate Denver in KC.

UberBroncoMan
11-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Now if you said it that way it probably would have been received much better.

Can you not read?

Archer81
11-14-2010, 04:51 PM
The competitive phase of this game ended when Hunter took the fumble back for a TD. D went on cruise control after that point.

Crying about prevent defense...Jesus...

Mr.Meanie
11-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Oh I love winning. I loved getting this win. I couldn't stand watching them march down on us, and seeing people jog around because we were up by 3-4 TD's. I ****ing hate that ****, and I wish this team would fight to the end regardless of the score.

Prevent defense, backups in, up by insurmountable lead. That happens many times in blowouts

theAPAOps5
11-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Can you not read?

Eh my response was more the stupid stuff you said in the chat room. Still a full retard thread but everyone does them.

Gcver2ver3
11-14-2010, 04:53 PM

you may be in the minority but you ARE NOT wrong...

we sucked big time in the 2nd half...

the yahoos that are "satisfied" just because we won the game don't get it...

i'm glad we won, but no i'm not satisified...

i'm not satisfied with only playing hard for 3 quarters and i'm not satisfied with a 3-6 record...

if we really want to make a run at the division then we must close out games better next time...

we were sloppy and lacked urgency...McD showed some promis, but he still has work to do and hopefully he realizes this...

Gcver2ver3
11-14-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm a little surprised you guys are getting so bent out of shape over this thread. Have Bronco fans really gotten to the point where a win is so rare that nothing can be improved upon?

i agree...

theAPAOps5
11-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Oh look tweedle dee just got support from dumb

They went totally vanilla, they play them again rocket scientists.

UberBroncoMan
11-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Prevent defense, backups in, up by insurmountable lead. That happens many times in blowouts

Champ was playing until the end of the game, as was Cox, Williams, Vickerson, McBean, Thomas, etc. I don't mind shifting guys in and out near the end for the sake of injury prevention. What I do mind is going prevent and letting teams march down the field. Does no one remember how ****ing annoying that was when Coyer was our DC? The amount of second half games we lost or almost lost because we went prevent during a lead?

Point is, regardless of the score we should be playing for a "shutout/ball back" every time our D is on the field, and a TD when our O is out there (unless we are in a position to run out the clock).

...To further make my point.

KC score the final 10 points of the 2nd half, and then OUTSCORED us 19 to 14 in the second half.

That means after our big lead KC outscored us 29-14.

That's not something to shrug off.

Archer81
11-14-2010, 04:57 PM
you may be in the minority but you ARE NOT wrong...

we sucked big time in the 2nd half...

the yahoos that are "satisfied" just because we won the game don't get it...

i'm glad we won, but no i'm not satisified...

i'm not satisfied with only playing hard for 3 quarters and i'm not satisfied with a 3-6 record...

if we really want to make a run at the division then we must close out games better next time...

we were sloppy and lacked urgency...McD showed some promis, but he still has work to do and hopefully he realizes this...

You do realize that early in the third qtr it was 42-10?

Who gives a **** if backup players asked to play prevent give up 18 points? Jesus ****ing Christ some of you people are impossible. When the game was actually competitive, KC got shut down.

Showing urgency when you have a 49-17 lead? Are you high?

theAPAOps5
11-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Yes it is.

TheChamp24
11-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Only thing is our coverage was soft after the big lead. And disturbing to me it was my boy Champ who got burned.

Gcver2ver3
11-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Oh look tweedle dee just got support from dumb

They went totally vanilla, they play them again rocket scientists.

make excuses all you want, but its that kind of mentality that leads to mediocrity...

you are the worst kind of poster...

when someone says something you don't agree with you just throw insults...

immature...you should grow up...youm don't have to put others down to try and make your point...

theAPAOps5
11-14-2010, 04:59 PM
whaaa booo hoooo waaaa

Grow up little boys.

Archer81
11-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Champ was playing until the end of the game, as was Cox, Williams, Vickerson, McBean, Thomas, etc. I don't mind shifting guys in and out near the end for the sake of injury prevention. What I do mind is going prevent and letting teams march down the field. Does no one remember how ****ing annoying that was when Coyer was our DC? The amount of second half games we lost or almost lost because we went prevent during a lead?

Point is, regardless of the score we should be playing for a "shutout/ball back" every time our D is on the field, and a TD when our O is out there (unless we are in a position to run out the clock).

...To further make my point.

KC score the final 10 points of the 2nd half, and then OUTSCORED us 19 to 14 in the second half.

That means after our big lead KC outscored us 29-14.

That's not something to shrug off.

You should just stop. Seriously.

Final score was 49 to 29. ZOMG! The Chiefs put up 19 points in the last 17 minutes of the game...WE SUCK! OH NOES! SO WHAT IF WE SCORED 49 ON THEM! BOO MCDUMMY! BOO!

That is what you sound like right now.

UberBroncoMan
11-14-2010, 05:01 PM
You should just stop. Seriously.

Final score was 49 to 29. ZOMG! The Chiefs put up 19 points in the last 17 minutes of the game...WE SUCK! OH NOES! SO WHAT IF WE SCORED 49 ON THEM! BOO MCDUMMY! BOO!

That is what you sound like right now.

I never once said "we suck." Nor did I insult McDaniels. Stop categorizing me with the **** tards that say those things.

What I sound like is someone who wants this team to stomp on the throats of our opponents when they are down.

I have every right to be upset with this. Those of you who don't seem to only be able to come up with personal insults to back your point.

Good job. Get a job in politics.

Gcver2ver3
11-14-2010, 05:02 PM
You do realize that early in the third qtr it was 42-10?

Who gives a **** if backup players asked to play prevent give up 18 points? Jesus ****ing Christ some of you people are impossible. When the game was actually competitive, KC got shut down.

Showing urgency when you have a 49-17 lead? Are you high?

find me a coach that won't support playing hard for 4 quarters....

sense of urgency should never calm...thats what leads to mediocrity...

what i don't understand is why this board has come to the point of any victory had we cannot make any critical statements without the "cmon just enjoy the win and stop complaining" stuff...

we won but we still have plenty to work on...nothing wrong with acknowledging that guys, seriously...

theAPAOps5
I never once said "we suck." Nor did I insult McDaniels. Stop categorizing me with the **** tards that say those things.

What I sound like is someone who wants this team to stomp on the throats of our opponents when they are down.

I have every right to be upset with this. Those of you who don't seem to only be able to come up with personal insults to back your point.

Good job.

But you tell people to slit their wrists.....

Dedhed
maybe i'm in the minority here but i was ****ing disgusted with how our d let up in the second half. We had some good stops, and were pretty damn solid on running d. But we let them march down with their 30th ranked passing attack, over, and over again. I don't give a **** if we're in the lead by 100 points. We should be playing to destroy the opposition until the game ends.

We need to have a killer instinct as a team. That means piling up the points, and bringing the heat all game on d.

Also, i noticed our running game went downhill in a hurry in the second half. Larsen's run was pretty awesome though.

We should not have won the game by a mere 20 points after putting up 49.

Other than that, it's great to see such an important win at a time where it was needed to save our season.
u r dumb

UberBroncoMan
11-14-2010, 05:03 PM
But you tell people to slit their wrists.....

After you go emo, with a 4th grader verbal tirade.

theAPAOps5
11-14-2010, 05:04 PM
After you go emo, with a 4th grader verbal tirade.

Oh you do know emo, look at this thread you started.

Doesn't make it right, its pretty pathetic really.

Archer81
11-14-2010, 05:05 PM
I never once said "we suck." Nor did I insult McDaniels. Stop categorizing me with those **** tards that say those things.

...and putting up 49 points is what? If Denver completely mailed it in in the 2nd half I really doubt Denver would have tried to get those 14 points in the 2nd half. It wreckes your argument.

I can understand what you are attempting to argue...but Denver had a huge ****ing lead on KC. It simply did not matter because the game was never in doubt about the 4th qtr defense. We had Kyle McCarthy, Cox and Thompson in for the last 10 minutes of the game. We also stopped going after Cassel. When the game was competitive, KC did nothing. Thats what matters.

UberBroncoMan
11-14-2010, 05:07 PM
...and putting up 49 points is what? If Denver completely mailed it in in the 2nd half I really doubt Denver would have tried to get those 14 points in the 2nd half. It wreckes your argument.

I can understand what you are attempting to argue...but Denver had a huge ****ing lead on KC. It simply did not matter because the game was never in doubt about the 4th qtr defense. We had Kyle McCarthy, Cox and Thompson in for the last 10 minutes of the game. We also stopped going after Cassel. When the game was competitive, KC did nothing. Thats what matters.

/facepalm

I'm not even going to bother trying to repeat myself.

Simply put. I want to see 60 minutes of dominating football with no foot off the pedal. When we do that I think we'll be something special, and capable of beating teams down rather than coming back, barely losing, or last minute heroics.

Archer81
11-14-2010, 05:07 PM
find me a coach that won't support playing hard for 4 quarters....

sense of urgency should never calm...thats what leads to mediocrity...

what i don't understand is why this board has come to the point of any victory had we cannot make any critical statements without the "cmon just enjoy the win and stop complaining" stuff...

we won but we still have plenty to work on...nothing wrong with acknowledging that guys, seriously...

Hard to tell that with the tone of your posts.

You are complaining about something that had 0 impact on the game. Posters like you purposely search for things to complain about. Everything people on this board have been arguing over the last 2 weeks got shut down today. Denver ran the ball, protected Orton, had explosive plays and the defense got sacks and turnovers.

Your complaints are ridiculous, that is the ****ing problem.

bronco militia
11-14-2010, 05:08 PM
yawn...what?

(this thread)

montrose
11-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Apa your an idiot. I won't sleep tonight knowing McDaniels has a job after today.

Dedhed
11-14-2010, 05:10 PM

Good Choice. Sounding like an utter tool once is enough for one day.

jsco70
/facepalm

Simply put. I want to see 60 minutes of dominating football with no foot off the pedal. When we do that I think we'll be something special, and capable of beating teams down rather than coming back, barely losing, or last minute heroics.

Pretty sure all Bronco fans want the same thing. However, this thread was a poor effort at communicating this. It comes off as a petulant anti McD thread after a complete thrashing of a division rival.

theAPAOps5
Apa your an idiot. I won't sleep tonight knowing McDaniels has a job after today.

Absolut embarrass, careful you might be told to go slit your wrists.

Can't believe he backed off, I mean its not like they play again soon. Er um wait they do.....

Gort
11-14-2010, 05:11 PM

i does matter somewhat. it's the same thing that used to frustrate alot of people with Shanny. once he got a large enough lead, he'd take his foot off the gas and try to run out the clock and play a game of field position. a number of times, it didn't work... teams came back and made it a game again, and sometimes the Broncos snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. winning 35-0, the game was clearly over. the Chefs then outscored the Broncos 29-14 the rest of the way. the D really didn't try to stop the Chefs' passing game... they just tried to prevent big plays. if you allow a team a series of 10-15 yard completions followed by a TD, that's not much better than giving up a 70-yard TD bomb. look at the last Chefs TD. the secondary made virtually no effort to defense the play. and the final 2 drives where the Broncos should have tried to run out the clock both ended as 3-and-outs due to the same ugly playcalling we've seen over the past 2 months.

so yes, we got a big win.

but that doesn't excuse playing without full effort in the 2nd half.

i'm a big fan of playing winning football. i'm a bigger fan of playing smart football. i've never thought that playing prevent defense was either.

Dedhed
11-14-2010, 05:12 PM
This thread might as well be titled. "WHY THE F are the CBs playing off when we have a 35 point lead?????????"
OR

"I'm clueless about real football because all I know is fantasy"

OR....

Dedhed
11-14-2010, 05:13 PM
this thread was a poor effort at communicating this. It comes off as a petulant anti McD thread after a complete thrashing of a division rival.
That's all it was ever meant to be. Pitiful as it is.

enjolras
11-14-2010, 05:14 PM
The chefs took quite a bit of momentum into half-time. The defense responded by producing a 3 and out. The offense responded by a sustained drive culminating in a touchdown.

Even our superbowl teams would often give up points during garbage time.

Enjoy the win.. it was a special one.

Archer81
11-14-2010, 05:16 PM
i does matter somewhat. it's the same thing that used to frustrate alot of people with Shanny. once he got a large enough lead, he'd take his foot off the gas and try to run out the clock and play a game of field position. a number of times, it didn't work... teams came back and made it a game again, and sometimes the Broncos snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. winning 35-0, the game was clearly over. the Chefs then outscored the Broncos 29-14 the rest of the way. the D really didn't try to stop the Chefs' passing game... they just tried to prevent big plays. if you allow a team a series of 10-15 yard completions followed by a TD, that's not much better than giving up a 70-yard TD bomb. look at the last Chefs TD. the secondary made virtually no effort to defense the play. and the final 2 drives where the Broncos should have tried to run out the clock both ended as 3-and-outs due to the same ugly playcalling we've seen over the past 2 months.

so yes, we got a big win.

but that doesn't excuse playing without full effort in the 2nd half.

...Jesus...

So...with 10 seconds left in the 2nd half the Broncos are lacking a killer instinct or a competitive edge or showed no effort because they allowed a BS td?

I apparently do not understand why the 4th qtr of this game matters. There was no way KC wins. It did not matter if KC would go on to score 12 points in the last quarter. This game was over when Hunter took the ball back to make it 35-0.

db56
11-14-2010, 05:18 PM

Cosign..

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-14-2010, 05:20 PM
prevent......period.....lighten up Lieutenant. Big win, calm down drama queen.

Co-****ing-sign.

KCStud
11-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Maybe Champ has ceded the floor. He got beat by both Bowe and Chambers today

Dedhed
11-14-2010, 05:22 PM
I apparently do not understand why the 4th qtr of this game matters. :

It doesn't, unless of course you're desperately grasping for something negative to take for an utterly dominant performance.

Gort
...Jesus...

So...with 10 seconds left in the 2nd half the Broncos are lacking a killer instinct or a competitive edge or showed no effort because they allowed a BS td?

I apparently do not understand why the 4th qtr of this game matters. There was no way KC wins. It did not matter if KC would go on to score 12 points in the last quarter. This game was over when Hunter took the ball back to make it 35-0.

it doesn't matter that KC is able to score. it does matter that KC is allowed to score easily and repeatedly. make them earn it. don't just stand around and let them do it. that's the point, i think.

i don't know about the OP, but my point applies to ALL teams at any time they have large leads. i hate the prevent defense. all it prevents is victory. if play good, hard-nosed football works for 3 1/2 quarters, why do so many defensive coaches abandon it during the final minutes of the 4th quarter and go to prevent? of course, today the Broncos shifted into that mode after 2 quarters, but the result is the same. any decent NFL team will move the ball at will using a series of 10-20 yard passes. that's what KC did today. i didn't like to see it today, and i didn't like to see it 5 years ago when Shanny's teams allowed it to happen either.

WolfpackGuy
Not reading too much into it because the game was decided early.

It makes things a lot easier when the offense gets out to a lead.

Popps
11-14-2010, 05:23 PM
You can never overstate matters around here when it comes to ****ty threads, but this one is in the top 10 worst this football season, I'd say.

LRtagger
11-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Maybe Champ has ceded the floor. He got beat by both Bowe and Chambers today

Ceded the floor to who? Nobody on your defense.

cutthemdown
11-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Broncos winning is great because its good to play spoiler. The same problems persist though.

But the oline did look better all the way around. There is a chance it has only stunk because Clady not all the way back, Harris injured, center just awestruck by NFL speed.

If the oline turned out to maybe only need some depth etc etc, if they could reasonable say they could start those 5 guys next yr, then it really makes for less problems with the roster.

So maybe some light in the tunnel.

broncswin
11-14-2010, 05:32 PM
we play them in three weeks...why would we show everything on D

Dedhed
11-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Broncos winning is great because its good to play spoiler. The same problems persist though.

But the oline did look better all the way around. There is a chance it has only stunk because Clady not all the way back, Harris injured, center just awestruck by NFL speed.

If the oline turned out to maybe only need some depth etc etc, if they could reasonable say they could start those 5 guys next yr, then it really makes for less problems with the roster.

So maybe some light in the tunnel.
The OL has struggled because they're changing the entire foundation of how they block and are starting 2 rookies.

I'm not shocked that you don't understand that though.

Garcia Bronco
11-14-2010, 05:34 PM
More like they were playing off. This games was over at halftime.

baja
11-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Man, I wish I had the luxury to be disgusted that my team didn't blow a division rival out even worse than they did in this game. <b>You DonkFanz don't know how good you got it....

It must be something in the water, that's all I can come up with.

I enjoyed the hell out of the game and I expect we will build off this. The O line looks to have gelled, both in run and pass blocking

lostknight
11-14-2010, 05:41 PM
The (D) second half was definitely disappointing. That being said - the Shanahan tenet that you can win games in the first quarter was in play today. The epic late game collapses in the past were also possible.

jsco70
11-14-2010, 05:42 PM
It must be something in the water, that's all I can come up with.

I enjoyed the hell out of the game and I expect we will build off this. The O line looks to have gelled, both in run and pass blocking

Not to nit pick, but I don't think jelled is the correct term. This is only the first game they have played together, so the jelling hasn't even begun in my opinion. Pretty damn exciting watching the potential of the oline based on today's performance.

Dedhed
11-14-2010, 05:45 PM
The (D) second half was definitely disappointing. That being said - the Shanahan tenet that you can win games in the first quarter was in play today. The epic late game collapses in the past were also possible.

This game was never even close to being in doubt after the 1st qtr, and even for the ultra pessimists it was erased when the defense forced a 3 and out to open the 2nd half and the offense score a TD on the ensuing drive.

The rest of this whining is just bitter losers clinging to the hope that this team will quit.

Inkana7
11-14-2010, 05:53 PM
wtf is wrong with this place

ColoradoDarin
11-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Duh, what's a prevent defense? Derp, when do the BCS rankings come out for the NFL? We have to always worry about the margin of victory, right? That's the way we get into a good bowl game!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/svwGRJA28lY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/svwGRJA28lY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

UberBroncoMan
11-14-2010, 06:05 PM
You can never overstate matters around here when it comes to ****ty threads, but this one is in the top 10 worst this football season, I'd say.

Oh there's worse.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236788

Like people who've given up on the season with a loss and an over .500 record.

Wasn't there some posts by a forum fav that said to fire our coach?

Hell, didn't most of this forum go "full retard" after the Raider loss?

Lose big and it's ok to b****, win somewhat big and see a lot of issues that need fixing and you're an a-hole for not being 100% satisfied.

Dedhed
11-14-2010, 07:57 PM
win somewhat big and see a lot of issues that need fixing and you're an a-hole for not being 100% satisfied.
First you're a retard for calling that a "somewhat big" win

2nd you're a rahtard for not understanding what situational football is.

3rd you're a rahtard for starting a negative thread on an extremely positive day, even though it's only a fabricated negative by a turd who doesn't know what prevent defense is.

4th you've just made it clear to everyone on the mane that you completely lack the ability to look at anything this team does objectively and that you're just a trolling rahtard.

ScottXray
11-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Oh there's worse.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236788

Like people who've given up on the season with a loss and an over .500 record.

Wasn't there some posts by a forum fav that said to fire our coach?

Hell, didn't most of this forum go "full retard" after the Raider loss?

Lose big and it's ok to b****, win somewhat big and see a lot of issues that need fixing and you're an a-hole for not being 100% satisfied.

I love the thread about Haley dissing McD because we ran up the score by challenging the last td by Lloyd....

WTF...do these idjits think that we should NOT take 7 points earned by Orton and Lloyd with that throw and catch, just cause it "hurt there little feelings". and at the same time they were trying onside kicks repeatedly and tryingto score to get back in the game ...and they also think we should have pulled our starters, so it wouldn't run up the score.
Stupid KC trash.

HAT
11-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Not reading too much into it because the game was decided early.

It makes things a lot easier when the offense gets out to a lead.
Except when the Raiders do it....Then ****ty McFail teams like the Broncos just up and quit....Those queers!

~Crash~
11-14-2010, 08:50 PM

that is the point and why this place is so silly you seem to have two extremes for the most part here any more. people need to lighten up some.

theAPAOps5
11-14-2010, 08:53 PM
that is the point and why this place is so silly you seem to have two extremes for the most part here any more. people need to lighten up some.

Meh its a reflection of our country. Very polarized, mostly either extreme left or extreme right. Its the nature our our culture.

Hulamau
11-14-2010, 09:45 PM

It seemed more a coaching decision. The second half after we went up to 42 the Dbacks were giving 5 to 10 yard cushions .. not exactly sure what the strategy was ... maybe it was a sweetheart deal between Romeo, Charlie and Josh not to overly embarass each other in the event of an early blow out???

If so, seems Haley wasn't in on the deal :). We definitely dialed it back in the forth quarter after the last awesome TD by Brandon (forget Marshall) Lloyd ...

Cito Pelon
11-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Well, even with a prevent D you don't want to give up 484 yds, 433 passing, 4 TD passes, 30 first downs, lose the TOP, 79 O plays, 31* points (almost 38* points), at home to KC.

I do think it sort of tarnishes the overall effort. I don't know if KC would have put up those type of numbers in a closer game, but those are definitely not the kind of numbers I want to see from the D at any time.

Old Dude
11-15-2010, 07:19 AM

This ^

TheReverend
11-15-2010, 09:28 AM

Agree. We also handed them the middle of the field to protect the sidelines and keep the clock rolling.

There are several games I have issues with Wink and our defensive personnel for. This isn't really one of them.

Champ got beat up pretty badly in some straight up matches though. That's a little alarming.