PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Knowshon!

TheReverend
11-14-2010, 05:18 PM
On his first 100 yard rushing game

Here's to many more!

spdirty
11-14-2010, 05:20 PM
And only 25 games into his career. It seems the offensive line is fixed. Great game.

SoCalBronco
11-14-2010, 05:21 PM
:strong:

McDman
11-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Wow, only the second post until someone has to be an ass with a sarcastic comment.

Popps
11-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Today was a great illustration of how he works within our offense. Catching... running... keeping the defense honest. Amazing what some blocking can do, huh?

We don't need him to go over 100 every week. We just need him out there running well, being versatile and keeping the chains moving.

Today was very similar to how our offense functioned in the first half of last season.

broncosteven
11-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Congrats to Knowshon, 1000 yards for the year is next to knock off the list.

He does seem to be more explosive early in games.

broncosteven
11-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Today was a great illustration of how he works within our offense. Catching... running... keeping the defense honest. Amazing what some blocking can do, huh?

We don't need him to go over 100 every week. We just need him out there running well, being versatile and keeping the chains moving.

Today was very similar to how our offense functioned in the first half of last season.

They stopped using the 3TE/all OL run set where everyone knows a run is coming. KM's longest runs came out of the gun and on misdirection. He left a lot of yards on the field but I am glad he got his 1st 100 yard game and I am glad mCd made it less easy for the D to key run and sell out.

Pick Six
11-14-2010, 06:19 PM
It's amazing what can happen when a running back actually runs STRAIGHT AHEAD...

Good job, Knowshon...:strong:

Gcver2ver3
11-14-2010, 06:21 PM
congrats knowshon....

more to come!...

Popps
11-14-2010, 06:21 PM
They stopped using the 3TE/all OL run set where everyone knows a run is coming. KM's longest runs came out of the gun and on misdirection. He left a lot of yards on the field but I am glad he got his 1st 100 yard game and I am glad mCd made it less easy for the D to key run and sell out.

No he didn't, and he churned out extra yards where many other backs wouldn't have.

He's simply a talented back when he's healthy, despite your odd fixation with proving him otherwise.

Popps
11-14-2010, 06:22 PM
It's amazing what can happen when a running back actually runs STRAIGHT AHEAD...

Good job, Knowshon...:strong:

See, the key to running "straight ahead" is having an area to run through.

He had that today, and hence... thrived.

He hasn't had that most of the season, and hence... struggled.

theAPAOps5
11-14-2010, 06:22 PM
congrats knowshon....

more to come!...

Hopefully! He looked like he did in college. Making plays, stiff arming, running with purpose and vision. Hopefully he takes this and just runs with it, pardon the pun!

baja
11-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Amazing how some so called fans can't even enjoy giving an ass kicking to the first place Chiefs

NYBronco
11-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Congratulations K Mo and also to the offensive line.

Dedhed
11-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Amazing that he's successful when he doesn't have to dodge 3 DL in the backfield on every carry.

cutthemdown
11-14-2010, 06:32 PM
The line looked better. I think its reasonable to assume the season would have been a lot different without the whole oline being banged up to start yr. They played a lot better today. If that unit can right itself by the end of the yr it makes the offseason way easier.

Broncos could look for dline and linebacking, bring in a FA or 2, maybe actually make playoffs. Orton really does look good.

HILife
11-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Wow, only the second post until someone has to be an ass with a sarcastic comment.

Technical it's the first post. The OP doesn't count.

Baba Booey
11-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Congrats. Here's to many more.

Requiem
11-14-2010, 06:54 PM
. . . and the haters are still going to hate.

Face it, Moreno is a back who can run and catch the ball effectively and is one of our major scoring contributors on offense. Is it coincidence that he had his best game when our supposed starting line-up (from camp) finally gets to work and we had a bye week to get the gears going?

I think not. This just illustrates what he can do when healthy and the line is in sync. He didn't leave any yards on the field. He had over 150 total yards and was a big part of our offense, as he should be. Great thing is, our passing was working so well, we didn't even have to run him that much in the second half. What did he end up with, 22 for 106 and 3 for 50 and a TD?

Great game. He can and will produce.

TheReverend
11-14-2010, 06:56 PM
. . . and the haters are still going to hate.

Face it, Moreno is a back who can run and catch the ball effectively and is one of our major scoring contributors on offense. Is it coincidence that he had his best game when our supposed starting line-up (from camp) finally gets to work and we had a bye week to get the gears going?

I think not. This just illustrates what he can do when healthy and the line is in sync. He didn't leave any yards on the field. He had over 150 total yards and was a big part of our offense, as he should be. Great thing is, our passing was working so well, we didn't even have to run him that much in the second half. What did he end up with, 22 for 106 and 3 for 50 and a TD?

Great game. He can and will produce.

MVP of today's game, imo.

Requiem
11-14-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm just really happy for our whole offense. That was pure domination. I stopped watching a few minutes into the fourth and don't understand what was up with our lax defense, but the offensive effort today was just superlative. Tebow involved, great involvement for Lloyd, Gaffney, Royal and Thomas, even some fullback studness from Larsen. Overall pleased. The whole offensive unit deserves a game ball. If only we could do that every week, aye boys?

Go Broncos!

ColoradoDarin
11-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Congrats to Knowshon and to our OL who were opening up some huge holes today.

broncosteven
11-14-2010, 07:23 PM
No he didn't, and he churned out extra yards where many other backs wouldn't have.

He's simply a talented back when he's healthy, despite your odd fixation with proving him otherwise.

He was able to make people miss a couple times today in the backfield, yes he is a plus in the passing game. I still think he is better in space pass catching but starting him running out of the shotgun really helped get the run game going today.

This was a game where our old backs would have had 200+ on the ground and caught a few balls but I will take the 100 and the effort today. Hopefully the OL can stay healthy and consistent because that will only help KM and give us a shot at a couple more wins. He had probably the best game of his career and should enjoy the win.

broncosteven
11-14-2010, 07:32 PM
See, the key to running "straight ahead" is having an area to run through.

He had that today, and hence... thrived.

He hasn't had that most of the season, and hence... struggled.

The backs also have to have "vision" and feel where the holes will open up and hit it at full speed, he was much better at that today, he seemed to trust his blockers and made a few guys miss for a change.

It was also great to see Larsen and Ball with some great YPC today. The ablity for Larsen to pickup 3rd and short was sweet, nice to see we are not trying to run that same 3 TE set to the right on 3rd and 1, they are more creative in run plays today.

Popps
11-14-2010, 07:50 PM
The backs also have to have "vision" and feel where the holes will open up and hit it at full speed, he was much better at that today, he seemed to trust his blockers and made a few guys miss for a change.

It was also great to see Larsen and Ball with some great YPC today. The ablity for Larsen to pickup 3rd and short was sweet, nice to see we are not trying to run that same 3 TE set to the right on 3rd and 1, they are more creative in run plays today.

KM has vision. That's never been his problem. His problem has been a lack of blocking, and staying healthy.

He's going to be a very productive player for us if today's trend continues. (Blocking/good health.)

He'll never be Adrian Peterson, but we don't need him to be.

Today showed our offensive mechanism working as it should... everyone getting a piece of the action.

broncosteven
11-14-2010, 08:01 PM
KM has vision. That's never been his problem. His problem has been a lack of blocking, and staying healthy.

He's going to be a very productive player for us if today's trend continues. (Blocking/good health.)

He'll never be Adrian Peterson, but we don't need him to be.
Today showed our offensive mechanism working as it should... everyone getting a piece of the action.

Again we agree, He will never be a TD either but I will take more games like today, the NFL is much different than it was 5-10 years ago.

Br0nc0Buster
11-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Moreno only had 22 carries I think, so he is prolly never going to really please the stat whores

but when healthy, and when he gets help from the oline, he is a very good player for us

oline looked much better

OABB
11-15-2010, 12:03 AM
So the oline gets healthy and moreno has a big game? Are the two things somehow related? Do you guys think that maybe knowgain mobusto needs an oline to block guys. Interesting indeed.

Broncomutt
11-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Today was a strong performance. :strong:

Hopefully he'll keep it up! :egbgb:

SouthStndJunkie
11-15-2010, 12:38 AM
It was awesome to see us running the ball effectively today.

Props to Knowshon on breaking 100 yards rushing....I also liked the way he caught the ball out of the backfield today.

Cito Pelon
11-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Know catches way too much crap around here. It's just pure ignorance, really. He's a good, solid back, period. Always has been. A lot of the crap he takes is because he was the #12 pick overall, I guess. But, as I've said many times, if Denver didn't draft him at 12 I bet SD would have drafted him in round 1.

I'm happy to have him in a Bronco jersey. I don't think it would be good to have him in a Charger uni.

DarkHorse
11-15-2010, 12:59 AM
Good to see that he and the O-line have it in them, now can they continue with today's success moving forward or was this a fluke?

Bronco Yoda
11-15-2010, 02:51 AM
Congrats knowshon. I hope this is only the start to better days.

Jesterhole
11-15-2010, 06:35 AM
His best day so far. Nice to seem the entire team come together for the whole game and put on a complete performance.

Next week should be telling.

Mogulseeker
11-15-2010, 07:27 AM
Real coming out for him. I've been saying all along that he is far from a bust, and we're only tipping the iceberg of what he can do. He\s not too fast, but he really is the complete package when you factor in receiving and blocking.

TonyR
11-15-2010, 07:57 AM
This was a game where our old backs would have had 200+ on the ground and caught a few balls but I will take the 100 and the effort today.

Yep he sucks, should have had 200+ yards rushing on 22 carries. I say cut him and bring in Tatum Bell or Selvin Young...

Eldorado
11-15-2010, 08:13 AM
On his first 100 yard rushing game

Here's to many more!

Hear hear!! :clink:

Man, I forgot how much fun mondays are after the Broncos hand out a beat down.