PDA

View Full Version : DJ picked up for DUI

BigPlayShay
11-12-2010, 09:30 AM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/25771741/detail.html

DENVER -- Call7 Investigators have confirmed that Denver Bronco DJ Williams was picked up by Denver police Friday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence.

DJ Genos Williams was driving a Hummer when he was pulled over at 2:50 a.m. at Broadway and 9th Avenue.

Williams was arrested at the scene, Call7 Investigator Tony Kovaleski said.

The case has been turned over to the Denver district attorney's office, for consideration of charges.

7NEWS has confirmed that a man by the name of DJ Williams is currently in a Denver detox facility.

It's unclear how his arrest will impact Sunday's game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

A Denver Broncos spokesman said he has no comment at this time.

mkporter
11-12-2010, 09:35 AM

DENVER -- Call7 Investigators have confirmed that Denver Bronco DJ Williams was picked up by Denver police Friday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence.

DJ Genos Williams was driving a Hummer when he was pulled over at 2:50 a.m. at Broadway and 9th Avenue.

The case has been turned over to the Denver district attorney's office, for consideration of charges.

7NEWS has confirmed that a man by the name of DJ Williams is currently in a Denver detox facility.

It's unclear how his arrest will impact Sunday's game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Nice work, team leader.

BigPlayShay
11-12-2010, 09:35 AM
This is his 2nd. Had one in 2005. Suspension most likely coming...

eddie mac
11-12-2010, 09:36 AM
What a dick

Bob's your Information Minister
11-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Welp, not your year guys

WABronco
11-12-2010, 09:41 AM
**** you DJ.

Quoydogs
11-12-2010, 09:45 AM
**** you DJ.

This ^5

Homer Simpson
11-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Oh lord.

lostknight
11-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Welp, not your year guys

**** off bob. Seriously. Not sure why my ignore list didn't catch this post, but you've been on my ignore list for years. Don't you have anything better to do, then go and shove fans face into ****?

Your life can be meaningful.

Horrible decision by DJ, reflects poorly on him. The suspension puts his team in a hole, but his actions put people's life at risk.

broncosteven
11-12-2010, 09:49 AM
This is very sad that a "Team Leader" who was highly praised by mCd in a presser a couple weeks ago is out getting liquored up and driving. At least it wasn't the night before, he will likely play Sunday but get suspended for 2-4 when we need him the most.

Very sad, I wonder if this was brought on by stress/tenor/palor in the meeting/practices at Dove Valley or if he is just a lush who went on a bender.

BTW was he pulled over leaving Landry's in the Tech Center?

Man-Goblin
C'mon Derwin, you're smarter than that. What are you thinking?

TheReverend
That's #2 for him

Meck77
11-12-2010, 09:51 AM
We reap what we sow.

Josh McDaniels would drive me to drink, too.

Likely DJ saw tape of Tony Moeaki and thought "****, I'm gonna get toasted this week!"

Smiling Assassin27
Nothing good happens between midnight and 5am. These athletes see example after example of this and still dare to tempt fate. Not very smart.

As for DJ, there's gotta be another over the hill Patriot we can call to fill in, no? Junior Seau, come on dow, er, wait.

Eldorado
11-12-2010, 09:52 AM
This thread is gonna be a **** load of fun.

Man-Goblin
11-12-2010, 09:52 AM
The crazy thing is, DJ didn't even drink in college. Now he has two dewy's. Unbelievable.

Quoydogs
11-12-2010, 09:53 AM
This is very sad that a "Team Leader" who was highly praised by mCd in a presser a couple weeks ago is out getting liquored up and driving. At least it wasn't the night before, he will likely play Sunday but get suspended for 2-4 when we need him the most.

Very sad, I wonder if this was brought on by stress/tenor/palor in the meeting/practices at Dove Valley or if he is just a lush who went on a bender.

There is no excuse for this. They offer a driving service for free for this exact thing.

BigPlayShay
11-12-2010, 09:53 AM

9th and Broadway downtown. Bunch of Broncos were at the Nuggs/Lakers game. I am assuming they went out afterward downtown.

Quoydogs
11-12-2010, 09:56 AM
If your drunk and driving a hummer of all things that only ups your chances of getting caught.

I just don't understand what is so hard to understand that cops want to pull over the celebrity. They are gunning for them. I just don't understand.

11-12-2010, 09:58 AM
So does he get suspended this year or next?

Popps
Keep it real, DJ.

Man-Goblin
How many games did Vincent Jackson get for his 2nd DUI? Was that the suspension that got him the 4 games this year?

Ray Finkle
11-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Socal defends DJ's actions in

......que's Socal....

Popps
11-12-2010, 09:59 AM
That's #2 for him

Haven't read anything on this... this is his second offense?

CEH
11-12-2010, 10:00 AM
What does Josh do?

Sit him ?
Let him play?
Sit him for a series?

I bet DJ does not play

Popps
11-12-2010, 10:00 AM
How many games did Vincent Jackson get for his 2nd DUI? Was that the suspension that got him the 4 games this year?

I don't remember his first, for some reason.

What a ****ing bummer.

Popps
11-12-2010, 10:01 AM
What does Josh do?

Sit him ?
Let him play?
Sit him for a series?

I bet DJ does not play

Talk about a lose-lose situation to be in.

BigPlayShay
11-12-2010, 10:03 AM

http://cbs4denver.com/local/Denver.Broncos.D.2.543962.html

mkporter
11-12-2010, 10:04 AM

Yeah, I know when I'm stressed out, I blow off steam by driving drunk. Uhh

mkporter
11-12-2010, 10:05 AM
What does Josh do?

Sit him ?
Let him play?
Sit him for a series?

I bet DJ does not play

Maybe not, but given that the League is going to punish him anyway, maybe McD thinks that will be sufficient.

Jetmeck
11-12-2010, 10:08 AM
suspension next year. Lawyer will put this off. Least have the other two back then

supermanhr9
11-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Ummmm, this sucks.

Jesterhole
11-12-2010, 10:12 AM
I still blame this on McDaniels.

mkporter
11-12-2010, 10:14 AM
I still blame this on McDaniels.

You gotta go with what works for you..

broncosteven
11-12-2010, 10:15 AM
suspension next year. Lawyer will put this off. Least have the other two back then

Not if it is his 2nd offense and the way Goddell is cracking down on this stuff.

I bet he gets 2-4 games this year as soon as next week if he decides not to fight the ruling.

Jetmeck
11-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Not if it is his 2nd offense and the way Goddell is cracking down on this stuff.

I bet he gets 2-4 games this year as soon as next week if he decides not to fight the ruling.

No way. Way too quick. His lawyer will file for at least a 30 day extension. He won't be found guilty till after the season is over.

broncosteven
11-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I know when I'm stressed out, I blow off steam by driving drunk. Uhh

So your saying that people don't dive into bottles and get drunk to escape their stresses?

Maybe he was coaching an Awana's meeting at a church Thursday night and some mean kids from KFC spiked the punch and DJ didn't know until he was pulled over and in the middle of a sobriety test.

broncosteven
11-12-2010, 10:20 AM
No way. Way too quick. His lawyer will file for at least a 30 day extension. He won't be found guilty till after the season is over.

Would you rather have him serve the 2-4 game suspension this year during suckage or next year (whenever that is) when they have a better or NEW chance at winning?

Popps
11-12-2010, 10:21 AM
We certainly needed ILB help already... this guarntees it.

Jetmeck
11-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Would you rather have him serve the 2-4 game suspension this year during suckage or next year (whenever that is) when they have a better or NEW chance at winning?

Next year when we have Doom and Ayers back to help out.

Denver724
11-12-2010, 10:22 AM

Why? Let's get this out of the way now. Its not like we are going to make the playoffs. I would rather have him take the suspension this year so we can be at full strength in 2011 (if there is a season).

Jetmeck
11-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Whatever, does anyone think this could possibly get through the court system in 6 weeks ? No way

Jetmeck
11-12-2010, 10:25 AM
if there is a season ? another reason for putting it off.

TailgateNut
11-12-2010, 10:26 AM
This is his 2nd. Had one in 2005. Suspension most likely coming...

....and with the new laws passed in July he faces MANDETORY jail time. Judges are not allowed to opt out of jail sentences anymore.

YIKES!!!

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Well that explains a lot about this team.

Quoydogs
11-12-2010, 10:35 AM

Let him get it over with this year. No need to start next year out missing one of our LB's

Quoydogs
11-12-2010, 10:36 AM
....and with the new laws passed in July he faces MANDETORY jail time. Judges are not allowed to opt out of jail sentences anymore.

YIKES!!!

On the up side it did wonders for Vick

bowtown
11-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Well that explains a lot about this team.

Like what exactly? I'd like to hear this.

BroncoDoug
11-12-2010, 10:42 AM
What a great way to wake up, I have 19 texts telling me about DJ getting arrested... This season just keeps getting better and better. Good thing Woodyard is finally getting healthy. I can't believe DJ would make such a stupid decision, hell I'll give out my phone number and anyone can call me and i'll come pick you up if you've been drinking.

oubronco
11-12-2010, 10:44 AM

In September of 2005 Williams was arrested in Douglas County for driving under the influence, according to court records. In the 2005 case, Williams pleaded guilty to driving under the influence with ability impaired. He paid at least $740 in fines and court costs, according to court records, and was ordered to perform 24 hours of community service.

Read more: Broncos linebacker D.J. Williams arrested in Denver for DUI - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16595086#ixzz155iqVN00

Popps
11-12-2010, 10:45 AM
In September of 2005 Williams was arrested in Douglas County for driving under the influence, according to court records. In the 2005 case, Williams pleaded guilty to driving under the influence with ability impaired. He paid at least $740 in fines and court costs, according to court records, and was ordered to perform 24 hours of community service.

Read more: Broncos linebacker D.J. Williams arrested in Denver for DUI - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16595086#ixzz155iqVN00

Yea, forgot about that one.

Good lord.

It's a waste of breath to even talk about how stupid these guys are.

Rohirrim
11-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Dumb de dumb dumb.

Hey, DJ. How much money you make?

Ever heard the word - Taxi?

ksBRONCOfan
11-12-2010, 10:51 AM
On the up side it did wonders for Vick

:spit:

Quoydogs
What a great way to wake up, I have 19 texts telling me about DJ getting arrested... This season just keeps getting better and better. Good thing Woodyard is finally getting healthy. I can't believe DJ would make such a stupid decision, hell I'll give out my phone number and anyone can call me and i'll come pick you up if you've been drinking.

With the way this year is going you would be doing a ton of driving.

TailgateNut
Dumb de dumb dumb.

....or Limo!

TailgateNut
11-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Kinda gives more meaning to my one year anniversary of "going DRY".8')

Popps
11-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Dumb de dumb dumb.

There are probably thousands of fans that would wait for him outside the club and give him a ride for free, just to say they did it.

Not to mention, personal drivers are not expensive when you make what these guys make.

It's insane. It's got to be some kind of ego/pride thing that they want to drive their own cars.

BroncosSR
11-12-2010, 10:53 AM

Whether he is found guilty or not does not matter. Just getting pulled over is enough for Goodell to suspend him given the current rules.

RunSilentRunDeep
11-12-2010, 10:55 AM
The guy just had a bye week! Aside from being a millionaire yet still too stupid to hire a driver, what the hell is he doing getting hammered at 2:50 a.m. the day before a practice? Be a professional. I'm pissed I wasted my money on this guy's jersey (thankfully it was half off).

frerottenextelway
11-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Do suspensions count during playoff games, or will he be able to play for us then?

mkporter
11-12-2010, 10:56 AM
So your saying that people don't dive into bottles and get drunk to escape their stresses?

Maybe he was coaching an Awana's meeting at a church Thursday night and some mean kids from KFC spiked the punch and DJ didn't know until he was pulled over and in the middle of a sobriety test.

No, just pointing out that his drinking wasn't the problem. Driving while over the limit was the problem. It's a non-story if DJ throws back a few at home and goes to bed.

mkporter
11-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Do suspensions count during playoff games, or will he be able to play for us then?

:sunshine:Ha!

Made my day. /thread

BroncoDoug
11-12-2010, 10:58 AM
With the way this year is going you would be doing a ton of driving.

Hey whatever it takes to get this team to continue in the right direction...

rbackfactory80
11-12-2010, 10:59 AM
If it was a non-Bronco there would be more talk about the actual stupidity of DJ's actions. For me the first one was forgivable but this one highlights serious character flaws in my opinion.

TD30
11-12-2010, 11:00 AM
I hope they can take the suspension this year

Popps
11-12-2010, 11:02 AM
If it was a non-Bronco there would be more talk about the actual stupidity of DJ's actions. For me the first one was forgivable but this one highlights serious character flaws in my opinion.

I think everyone here is fully aware how stupid this is.

I'd say there's an element of shock, here. Dude is a team captain.

Maybe he has a real problem. If so, I hope he gets better.

oubronco
11-12-2010, 11:03 AM
I don't know how it is in Colorado but in OK your second offence is 30 days

Old Dude
11-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Dear God will this season never end?

OBF1
11-12-2010, 11:06 AM
atleast his drinking is not over rated

rbackfactory80
11-12-2010, 11:07 AM
I think everyone here is fully aware how stupid this is.

I'd say there's an element of shock, here. Dude is a team captain.

Maybe he has a real problem. If so, I hope he gets better.

I don't think so. 1. This is the Orangemane. 2. If your claim was in fact true people wouldn't be more worried about getting the suspension out of the way than getting him the help he needs.

Dedhed
11-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I wonder if this was brought on by stress/tenor/palor in the meeting/practices

Seriously, you're going to try to pin this on McD somehow? You're pitiful.

misturanderson
11-12-2010, 11:12 AM
I don't think so. 1. This is the Orangemane. 2. If your claim was in fact true people wouldn't be more worried about getting the suspension out of the way than getting him the help he needs.

Ther's no help for stupid. These guys are well-aware that they don't need to drive after they drink. Even though they make bank they still have a league driving service that will pick them up for free. How much more help could he possibly need?

You act like he was threatening to commit suicide or was found in an alley with a heroin needle hanging out of his arm. A rich person getting a DUI isn't the result of someone that needs "help", it's the result of someone that needs some extra brainpower.

~Crash~
11-12-2010, 11:17 AM

YIKES!!!

good the ****er is rich and he needs to drive dru nk **** him !:sunshine:

Man-Goblin
11-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Very cryptic tweet from DJ about 3 hours before the arrest.

DjWilliam55 (http://twitter.com/DjWilliam55) Sad, but honest truth, I'll never be able to give it up

Maybe he does have a serious problem. Hell, two DUIs in five years would suggest he needs some sort of help.

Of course, who knows what his drunk ass was tweeting about.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
11-12-2010, 11:22 AM
My boy Harvey Steinberg is going to get more business!!!

D.J. will be pleased to know that he has a payment plan option with low interest rates.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06eRbrOeKL1wS/340x.jpg

Goobzilla
11-12-2010, 11:24 AM
I think the Strong Arm of the Law, Franklin D Azar needs to get involved. Or perhaps Zombie Norton Frickey would take the case.

BigPlayShay
11-12-2010, 11:30 AM
@PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
D.J. just arrived at the facility. Walked through the doors at 11:21 a.m. Practice had begun with team in stretch.

oubronco
11-12-2010, 11:35 AM
McDaniels not sure if DJ Williams will play Sunday

By Mike Klis (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/author/mike-klis/)

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"></SCRIPT>

Broncos captain and leading tackler D.J. Williams has not yet spoken to coach Josh McDaniels in part because the inside linebacker has yet to appear at the team’s facitlity by 10 a.m.

Williams was arrested in downtown Denver on suspicion of DUI at 2:50 this morning. It’s Williams’ second DUI arrest in five years which means he’s subject to league suspension for violating its personal conduct policy.

McDaniels said he does not know if Williams will play Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs until he learns more about the situation.

“”This is going to involve more people than just us,” McDaniels said. “”But we’re going to try to do what’s in the best interest of our organization.”

McDaniels added: “”Certainly disappointed and do not condone that type of behaviour from any of our players, or anybody within our organization.”<!--more--><!-- Arkayne Cache: Yes -->
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript defer> Arkayne = window.Arkayne || {}; Arkayne.baseurl = 'http://www.arkayne.com'; Arkayne.go = function(e, a, cid, gid) { var id = a.getAttribute('id'); var orig = a.getAttribute('href'); var target = a.getAttribute('target'); var redir = [Arkayne.baseurl, 'link', cid, gid, ''].join('/'); redir += '?ts=' + Math.random(); redir += '&url=' + escape(a.href); a.setAttribute('href', redir); setTimeout('Arkayne.restore("' + id + '", "' + orig + '")', 0); return true; }; Arkayne.restore = function(id, orig) { var a = document.getElementById(id); if (a) a.setAttribute('href', orig); }; </SCRIPT>

vanbrugh
11-12-2010, 11:40 AM
http://twitter.com/MRrandom22

Check out his response to DJ - Could be he has a serious problem here!

Rohirrim
11-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Dear God will this season never end?

No ****. :pity:

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-12-2010, 11:49 AM
If it's still labeled as suspicion, I'd wager McDaniels sits him for a couple series before letting him back in. It's the Braylon Edwards/Hakeem Nicks treatment of the day.

Beantown Bronco
11-12-2010, 12:13 PM
http://twitter.com/MRrandom22

Check out his response to DJ - Could be he has a serious problem here!

A woman with no ego, is like a white girl with no ass, u gets no play

jhns
11-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Well that sucks. Williams clearly doesn't fit in this teams plans now. We need high character players. He must be the reason we are losing. McDaniels didn't identify all the bad apples before the season.

11-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Sounds like we really get under DJ's skin:

Williams' first DUI occurred at about 3 a.m. on Sept. 23, 2005, the Friday morning before the Broncos were to play the Kansas City Chiefs on "Monday Night Football." Williams left a birthday party and was charged with driving under the influence.

TailgateNut
11-12-2010, 12:31 PM

No, sounds like you're an idiot.

gunns
11-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Hey whatever it takes to get this team to continue in the right direction...

Seems to me they have to want to first.

Requiem
11-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Draft Greg Jones.

I bet DJ puffs the reefer a lot too.

gunns
11-12-2010, 12:53 PM

Then the Broncos got under yours with a 30-10 win.

broncosteven
11-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Seriously, you're going to try to pin this on McD somehow? You're pitiful.

I never said it was mCd's fault. You have never had a friend or family member with a drinking problem who didn't turn to the bottle to escape their problems? Anyway if the Tweets are true it is now sounding like he has a bigger problem he needs help shaking.

It was random Internets Speculation but I can't imagine that the locker room is upbeat with everything that has happened this year. Med pointed out all the stresses these guys go through on a daily basis. It was not a reach to speculate stress to trigger him to tie one on the night before a practice. We saw what an injury did to Kenny Mckinley's psyche.

I just hope this guy gets the help he needs quickly. He is young and has his whole life in front of him.

HILife
11-12-2010, 01:20 PM

YIKES!!!

Is that just in CO or the whole USA?

11-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Then the Broncos got under yours with a 30-10 win.

Is this five-year old smack? Really?

Really?

Sad.

Garcia Bronco
11-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Put him in jail where he belongs. He broke the law.

BroncoDoug
11-12-2010, 01:24 PM
He was at the nuggets game with a bunch of other players, they went out to a club and he made a horrible decision... I've seen the tweets, but I don't know if its any of our business what personal stuff he has going on. And to blame McD and the state of the franchise on his stupid decision is asinine

TheReverend
What does Josh do?

Sit him ?
Let him play?
Sit him for a series?

I bet DJ does not play

He better sit him for at least a game

TailgateNut
Is that just in CO or the whole USA?

Can't comment on other states, but the laws were just changed in Colorado this year.

rbackfactory80
Ther's no help for stupid. These guys are well-aware that they don't need to drive after they drink. Even though they make bank they still have a league driving service that will pick them up for free. How much more help could he possibly need?

You act like he was threatening to commit suicide or was found in an alley with a heroin needle hanging out of his arm. A rich person getting a DUI isn't the result of someone that needs "help", it's the result of someone that needs some extra brainpower.

No. In those cases at least he is only putting himself at risk.

gunns
11-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Is this five-year old smack? Really?

Really?

Sad.

If it is, you are the one that brought up 5 years ago. I just finished it.

TailgateNut
11-12-2010, 01:37 PM
I never said it was mCd's fault. You have never had a friend or family member with a drinking problem who didn't turn to the bottle to escape their problems? Anyway if the Tweets are true it is now sounding like he has a bigger problem he needs help shaking.

It was random Internets Speculation but I can't imagine that the locker room is upbeat with everything that has happened this year. Med pointed out all the stresses these guys go through on a daily basis. It was not a reach to speculate stress to trigger him to tie one on the night before a practice. We saw what an injury did to Kenny Mckinley's psyche.

I just hope this guy gets the help he needs quickly. He is young and has his whole life in front of him.

He wont have a choice. Depending on his BAC he will have Jail time (mandetory), Lose his drivers licence (Mandetory), Dui education (mandetory if he ever want a license again) and DUI therapy (24-43 weeks depending on BAC level), not counting fines (court imposed), Community service (court imposed) and a Alcohol testing thingy in his vehicle for a year (min) in order to reinstate his license.

So he'll get to think about his mistake for a long time.

barryr
11-12-2010, 01:50 PM
I know this isn't popular, but Williams just hasn't been that impact a player I had hoped he would be during his career. He leads the team in tackles, which is great, but what impact does he really make in games? I can't really remember too many games in his career where he really stood out and was making key plays to help win games. The team is better with him, but he isn't the impact type player the team needs IMO.

orangemonkey
11-12-2010, 01:54 PM
He wont have a choice. Depending on his BAC he will have Jail time (mandetory), Lose his drivers licence (Mandetory), Dui education (mandetory if he ever want a license again) and DUI therapy (24-43 weeks depending on BAC level), not counting fines (court imposed), Community service (court imposed) and a Alcohol testing thingy in his vehicle for a year (min) in order to reinstate his license.

Or he'll spend some of his millions and get Hal Haddon in Denver as his attorney. That would buy him a nice slap on the wrist if it doesn't get thrown out. Hal was on Kobe's defense team in Vail.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
11-12-2010, 01:54 PM
It sounds like D.J. will be inactive this Sunday.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/11/12/d-j-has-departed/5830/

broncosteven
11-12-2010, 01:55 PM
He was at the nuggets game with a bunch of other players, they went out to a club and he made a horrible decision... I've seen the tweets, but I don't know if its any of our business what personal stuff he has going on. And to blame McD and the state of the franchise on his stupid decision is asinine

I agree, I shouldn't have speculated, but I never called out any one person as a cause either. Anyway at the time of my 1st post we had no info and this is a place where we do a lot of speculating so I speculated.

Again, for him and his family I hope he gets help and he turns his life around. He is young and healthy and has the whole life in front of him.

misturanderson
11-12-2010, 01:58 PM
No. In those cases at least he is only putting himself at risk.

Like I said. There's no helping stupid. If he really has major personal issues and/or a drinking problem, fine.

Drunk driving isn't the problem that he needs help with and when you made your first post there was no indication that there was anything going on other than a guy deciding he would rather drive home drunk than grab a ride from someone sober.

11-12-2010, 02:06 PM
If it is, you are the one that brought up 5 years ago. I just finished it.

No, I brought up the Chiefs. The fact that DJ's last DUI was five years ago was just happenstance.

The only relevant portion of my post was that it came before a Chiefs game.

TailgateNut
11-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Or he'll spend some of his millions and get Hal Haddon in Denver as his attorney. That would buy him a nice slap on the wrist if it doesn't get thrown out. Hal was on Kobe's defense team in Vail.

That's why the law was re-written July 1st 2010 to take away the choice the judges were able to make as to the minimum sentence requirements.

The only way he gets "off" is if there is a problem with the arrest or the police reports.

Beantown Bronco
11-12-2010, 02:19 PM
It was random Internets Speculation but I can't imagine that the locker room is upbeat with everything that has happened this year.

A bunch of them seemed pretty upbeat on the sidelines during the Oakland catastrophe.

Quoydogs
11-12-2010, 02:25 PM

Does he not understand I have my fricken hair on the line here. What a Jack ass.

These pretzels are making me thirsty!

strafen
11-12-2010, 02:34 PM
No, I brought up the Chiefs. The fact that DJ's last DUI was five years ago was just happenstance.

The only relevant portion of my post was that it came before a Chiefs game.You're right. He's got popped for a DUI 5 years ago on a Friday morning of the week we were playing the chiefs.

Now, the guy has gotten lucky he's got caught once in 5 years since then.

UberBroncoMan
11-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Way to go captain...****ing **** of a team this year.

gunns
11-12-2010, 02:44 PM

The only relevant portion of my post was that it came before a Chiefs game.

SOB Bob, you can spin. You posted about the Chiefs getting under DJ's skin and posted a quote about his first arrest 5 years ago just before playing the Chiefs. I merely pointed out that the Broncos got under your skin 5 years ago after that with a 30-10 win. Let it go Bob, it's ok. There's nothing you can do about it now

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Like what exactly? I'd like to hear this.

Team captains are supposed to lead by example. This shows how poor the Broncos leadership structure is.

The good news is DJ plays to soft for a 3-4 anyways. The bad news is he is the only linebacker capable of guarding a TE. Is Woodyard healthy?

But when your team captain gets arrested it does tell you the team isn't focused on football.

BigPlayShay
11-12-2010, 02:52 PM

That was just Klis's speculation.

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 02:53 PM
So who guards the TE now? Hell I may sit Nate Washington as my flex and start the KC TE now. Without DJ to guard him I'm not sure who Broncos would use. The saftey's can't do it and neither can any of the OLB. Man this is great news for queefs if he doesnt play.

Jetmeck
11-12-2010, 02:55 PM
I know this isn't popular, but Williams just hasn't been that impact a player I had hoped he would be during his career. He leads the team in tackles, which is great, but what impact does he really make in games? I can't really remember too many games in his career where he really stood out and was making key plays to help win games. The team is better with him, but he isn't the impact type player the team needs IMO.

Considering we are without Doom and Ayers this is a catastrophe. I believe you will be missing him this Sunday.

Jetmeck
11-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Is Woodyard ready to go ? PLEASE

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 02:56 PM
I doubt it has anything to do with Chiefs. If this is his 2nd time getting caught chances are he drives drunk quite a bit. No one gets busted the only 2 times you did it. I think they say you get away with it about 100 times for every time you get caught. So more then likely DJ drives drunk quite a bit.

More then likely, since he has 2 weeks of the yr he plays KC, and he's drinking and driving often, the fact got popped b4 KC games is just a coincidence.

Now DJ is a an avg football players with below average common sense. Bummer!!!

Jetmeck
11-12-2010, 02:59 PM

Total overkill...........where is the ball & chain too......

5 years ago should not count against you unless you hurt somebody.

BroncoDoug
11-12-2010, 03:00 PM
I agree, I shouldn't have speculated, but I never called out any one person as a cause either. Anyway at the time of my 1st post we had no info and this is a place where we do a lot of speculating so I speculated.

Again, for him and his family I hope he gets help and he turns his life around. He is young and healthy and has the whole life in front of him.

I wasn't calling you out or anything, just a combo of different posters and silly speculations, I really hope he can figure it out after 2 DUI's and get that part of his life on track.

Jetmeck
11-12-2010, 03:00 PM
I bet McD is about to jump off a cliff

11-12-2010, 03:02 PM
So who guards the TE now? .

I'd be more worried about your run defense.

You just lost your leading tackler and the Chiefs are coming to town with a 40-handoff gameplan.

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 03:02 PM

Seriously? So you just let them keep doing it until the kill someone? BS DJ is a criminal and should be cut. People who drive drunk kill people. You don't get busted for it twicein 5 yrs unless you do it often. It's BS to assume he get's caught the only 2 times he drove drunk.

To get caught twice you have to be doing it a lot.

Dedhed
11-12-2010, 03:04 PM
But when your team captain gets arrested it does tell you the team isn't focused on football.
No it doesn't.

It tells you DJ has an issue.

TailgateNut

Regardless of how long ago, it counts as a second. Before this law change, they only counted 7 years prior toward sentencing guidelines.

cutthemdown
I'd be more worried about your run defense.

You just lost your leading tackler and the Chiefs are coming to town with a 40-handoff gameplan.

Yeah but DJ's main responsibility is to guard the TE. He's the only linebacker on the whole team who can do it.

Look for Moeki to get over 80 yrds and a score now.

You are right though Chiefs going to run the ball. Good thing I have Charles playing in my money league LOL!! Now I may start 2 chiefs against the pathetic Broncos defense.

Broncos in bad shape but I am handling it well. Mostly because I knew it would be like this in offseason.

Things like DUI just icing on the cake for a horrid Broncos season.

TailgateNut
Seriously? So you just let them keep doing it until the kill someone? BS DJ is a criminal and should be cut. People who drive drunk kill people. You don't get busted for it twicein 5 yrs unless you do it often. It's BS to assume he get's caught the only 2 times he drove drunk.

This!

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 03:05 PM
No it doesn't.

It tells you DJ has an issue.

Well it tells you the team captain has an issue. When your captain is leading by example, the team is struggling, I would say it does say something about the team.

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 03:06 PM
This!

Sucks because I have dead friends over **** like this. I can't pull for DJ anymore. I think Broncos should just cut him right now.

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 03:07 PM
When you drive drunk you are saying other peoples lives don't matter to me.

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 03:09 PM
When the leaders your young players are looking up to are doing things like this it does reflect on the team. Hell one reason our young linebackers not progressing could be because DJ not a good leader. He's not taking them under the wing if he's out drinking and driving.

broncofan2438
11-12-2010, 03:19 PM
So does he get suspended this year or next?

Go to your own boards you ****

Jetmeck
11-12-2010, 03:22 PM

Now you want him cut. I wonder how many people who have had a DWI get suspended or fired from their job before even being proven guilty ? Get off your soap box.

Jetmeck
11-12-2010, 03:26 PM
When the leaders your young players are looking up to are doing things like this it does reflect on the team. Hell one reason our young linebackers not progressing could be because DJ not a good leader. He's not taking them under the wing if he's out drinking and driving.

OMG, are you freakin kiddin me. Sure it reflects on him and the team. Lets crucify him too. NONE OF THE FANS have ever done this.

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Maybe I over-react because a drunk driver killed one of my best friends. When you make the money DJ does to be in a team atmosphere I think it's different then being a fan. DJ was paid a ton of money to be way different from a regular person who makes mistakes and gets to keep job.

Broncos should also just move on from him because he stinks in a 3-4.

Dedhed
11-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Well it tells you the team captain has an issue.Yes, but that is all it tells you.

When your captain is leading by example, the team is struggling, I would say it does say something about the team.

I disagree completely. Firsly, I doubt that DJ will be a captain after this. Second, I don't think personal issues like drunk driving have anything to do with professional issues.

I think it's lazy conjecture at best and more likely a pitiful attempt to link DJ's personal issues to McDaniels and the Broncos.

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 03:39 PM
This!

Amazing really that only a few fans see it as a big deal. Trust me once someone they love dies over someone driving drunk they will feel differently.

DJ just lucky he didn't kill anyone and ruin his, and a bunch of other peoples lives.

Rigs11
11-12-2010, 03:40 PM
what an idiot, he makes millions and can't call a cab? or a limo service?thanks DJ, if your dumbass doesn't play this sunday charles is going to have a field day.

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 03:40 PM
As it stands he only ruined his reputation and his season. Since yr already sucked DJ probably doesn't even care. He's never seemed like a player who lived and died football. Funny because this board really has laid into Romo before and he never drove drunk. He only spit on people and played hardnosed football.

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Yes, but that is all it tells you.

I disagree completely. Firsly, I doubt that DJ will be a captain after this. Second, I don't think personal issues like drunk driving have anything to do with professional issues.

I think it's lazy conjecture at best and more likely a pitiful attempt to link DJ's personal issues to McDaniels and the Broncos.

It's no Mcdaniels faul and no one in trying to say it is. I am saying he did it once, he did it again, that means he does it a lot. Common sense tells you that.

Cut him.

Quoydogs
11-12-2010, 03:48 PM
It's no Mcdaniels faul and no one in trying to say it is. I am saying he did it once, he did it again, that means he does it a lot. Common sense tells you that.

Cut him.

Burris -- shot himself -- Playing
Stallworth---- ran someone over while drunk-- playing
Ray Ray -- Murdered someone -- Playing

Cut him seems a little tough for a DUI not to mention we have cut or traded enough of our talent this year.

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Yes, but that is all it tells you.

Right but if your captains are partying and driving drunk, firing him after the fact doesn't change the fact he wasn't being a good leader. When team playing poorly, and then your team leader gets a dui, I think it is relevant to say poor leadership may have hurt the team.

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Burris -- shot himself -- Playing
Stallworth---- ran someone over while drunk-- playing
Ray Ray -- Murdered someone -- Playing

Cut him seems a little tough for a DUI not to mention we have cut or traded enough of our talent this year.

Unless we send people to jail for DUI they will keep doing, and then kill someone.

Ray Ray was in a limo with someone who stabbed someone. Not the same type of circumstance really. Also wasn't it offseason?

Stallworth should have went to prison.

The other guy went to jail right? Burress? I'm not saying DJ cant play again, only that Broncos should cut him.

broncosteven
11-12-2010, 04:10 PM

Cut him.

Your wrong, someone is trying to say it is mCd's fault but it is not us.

I don't think the guy should be cut, Lenoard Little actually killed people twice and still played.

I think anyone who drinks and then gets behind the wheel of a car is just as guilty as those who actually hit or kill someone. It is almost worse if they get away with it because then they think they can do it again. Repeat offenders should lose their license but not their jobs.

BTW sorry for your loss, it is sad that an organization like MADD has to exist, people either should know when to stop or if they can't get a ride or better yet get liquored up at home.

extralife
11-12-2010, 04:14 PM
I'd be out drinking every night if I played for the Denver Broncos too

ZachKC
11-12-2010, 04:21 PM

http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/30403/original/YouMad.jpg?1260647699

Popps
11-12-2010, 04:47 PM

That hate him over there... seriously.

The Joker
11-12-2010, 05:06 PM
What an asshole.

No time at all for people who drink and drive, hope he goes to jail for a while to be honest, might make him think twice about doing it in future.

TailgateNut
11-12-2010, 05:08 PM
I'd be out drinking every night if I played for the Denver Broncos too

Assholio

WolfpackGuy
11-12-2010, 05:12 PM
You would think a Hummer has automatic lights...

Natedogg
11-12-2010, 05:21 PM
The thing I have a problem with is that he got caught. :Broncos:

TailgateNut
11-12-2010, 05:23 PM
The thing I have a problem with is that he got caught. :Broncos:

I guess according to you it would have been better if he had killed someone in a hit and run, and got away with it.

WOW

Hopefully this will Wake His ****ing Ass Up, and he'll quit drinking, or quit driving.

Natedogg
11-12-2010, 05:30 PM
I guess according to you it would have been better if he had killed someone in a hit and run, and got away with it.

WOW

Hopefully this will Wake His ****ing Ass Up, and he'll quit drinking, or quit driving.

No. According to me, it would have been better if he drank, drove, and didn't get pulled over.

The MVPlaya
11-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Man... after the way McD talked about that's pretty ****in sad DJ went out and did this ****.

chadta
11-12-2010, 05:36 PM
gonna have to side with cut on this one

no excuse for it, and as far as im concerned hes already guilty, he took a breathalizer right ? he blew over, he was behind the wheel, i dont need to hear a judge say yeah you did it, because he friggin did it.

my parents lost a few very close friends when they were young, i grew up constantly hearing how bad it was, in grade 9 i signed a contract with my mother, that no matter when where or why i wouldnt think twice i would call her for a ride rather than drive drunk or let somebody else drive drunk, i used that alot, she even had to come to buffalo to pick me and my friends up once, if i can find away home with my limited resources than this prick should be able to with all the cash hes got.

cut him, lock him up, consider the streets a little safer at night, and move on.

tsiguy96
11-12-2010, 05:38 PM
we wont lose DJ this year, if that makes anyone happy. next year, however...hopefully we drafted a stub ILB anyway

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 05:53 PM
we wont lose DJ this year, if that makes anyone happy. next year, however...hopefully we drafted a stub ILB anyway

I do agree I over reacted by saying cut him now. Just pisses me off to no end. If after he pleads guilty, or is convicted, then cut him. Wait until he is suspended though and make him give some money back or something.

We should wait until the facts are in though, until he is proven guilty. It's wrong to jump the gun.

strafen
11-12-2010, 05:55 PM
we wont lose DJ this year, if that makes anyone happy. next year, however...hopefully we drafted a stub ILB anywayHopefully he will at least be 5'-11"

:spit:

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 05:57 PM
No. According to me, it would have been better if he drank, drove, and didn't get pulled over.

Not really. Do it enough and you will get into some real trouble. Either kill yourself, someone else, or just get busted so many times you do real time for it.

I guess if all you care about is the Denver Broncos, and not your community, then you are right to feel that way.

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 05:59 PM
DJ doesnt fit a 3-4 anyways. When he leaves he will go be a decent linebacker in a 4-3. He isn't, never has been, and never will be a great football player.

He is a great athlete but not physical enough, doesn't rush passer very well enough, to be great.

Maybe he would have been better if not for the alcohol problem he obviously has.

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Being a drinker would explain DJs up and down performances.

tsiguy96
11-12-2010, 06:04 PM
maxbroncos said DJ will likely not play this weekend due to team suspension

crush17
11-12-2010, 06:41 PM
I know its been said, over and over again probably in this thread- but let me reiterate: WHAT A FREAKING IDIOT.

gunns

Are you serious???

Popps

Watching McD's press conference right now.

Like him or not, you have to have a little sympathy for how things have gone for this guy. Dude just can't catch a ****ing break.

Still think he's going to be a winner in the long-term, but wow... has this team been cursed, and it really goes back to even Shanny's last couple of seasons.

Popps
11-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Are you serious???

crush17
11-12-2010, 06:51 PM
http://twitter.com/DjWilliam55/status/2973908886093824#

supposedly DJ's last tweet.
comments surrounding it are telling...

and more comments here discussing the situation...

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/11/12/1810303/djs-last-tweet#comments

go_broncos
11-12-2010, 07:01 PM

Good decision by Mcd. DJ should not play this weekend.
He should get suspended for 4 games.

He is ****ing idiot to do these things.

Captain 'Dre
11-12-2010, 07:04 PM

Yeah, I'll bet! ugh!~

theAPAOps5
11-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Man getting a second DUI is not good. In Colorado a new law became active in July that requires mandatory jail time for a second DUI, and a judge can't change that.

If he does have a problem I hope he seeks help and hope it doesn't happen again or he doesn't end up hurting someone.

Steve Sewell
11-12-2010, 07:13 PM
atleast his drinking is not over rated

this

lolololol

Requiem
11-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Draft Greg Jones baby! Real deal baby. He the boss baby.

Popps
11-12-2010, 07:34 PM

Don't say "Boss" in any conversation about linebackers, please.

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 07:46 PM
If the Broncos can get Dareus the big DT/DE from Alabama I would pounce. But if not then maybe try and move down. I love the ND tight end Rudolph, the De Hayward from Ohio State, the penn state C wiesnewksi who has football in his blood, Cameron Jordan DE Calif...

if we could get dareus though that would be huge. We will have to keep losing though and be in top 4-5 picks.

Obviously the TE would be a luxury only if we could trade down and get 2 high picks for one. He is going to be a stud though.

Requiem
11-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Don't say "Boss" in any conversation about linebackers, please.

Dude, I had a feeling you would be the one to comment about that. Immediately went through my head when posting it. "Ah, Popps or someone is gonna bring up Boss Bailey regarding this."

Truth me told, I don't know if Jones can play ILB in a 3-4 to be quite honest. He'd probably be a much better fit on the WOLB on a 4-3, but he is tremendous either way.

Good draft for LB's in DL for our scheme, IMO.

Ugly Duck
11-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Media members viewing the first 10 minutes of practice saw Broncos linebacker D.J. Williams drive away from the facility just a couple minutes after he arrived.

The one week I choose to be a Broncos fan, the tackle-leading team captain gets booted out for the game. So who's gonna stop Moeaki & Charles? And I thought being a Raider fan was tough. This is misery.

Requiem
11-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Joe Mays.

Joe Mays will step up and bust ass just like he did for the Bison.

OK, so I hope.

Truth of the matter is, the Chiefs probably run for 200+ again.

SoCalBronco
11-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Ok...so I just got home, but Raj texted and called me about this in the AM. Very bad news. I wonder if the 2005 thing will be held against him since it was 5 years ago and there has been nothing since. Still, he should know better and just call a cab or something, or just don't be out that late, whether they all hung out after the Nuggets game or not. Just a dumb decision. He needs to know better than that. I'm not going to read through the whole thread...does anyone know what is his status for the game on Sunday?

Thanks.

You're still my boy DJ, but you have to be smarter than that...it puts us in a bad spot, even though WW is coming back this weak. Not good.
:(

Requiem
11-12-2010, 08:15 PM
SoCal,

It seems like he is not going to play. Team suspension for the game.

SoCalBronco
11-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the update, Req.

theAPAOps5
11-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Ok...so I just got home, but Raj texted and called me about this in the AM. Very bad news. I wonder if the 2005 thing will be held against him since it was 5 years ago and there has been nothing since. Still, he should know better and just call a cab or something, or just don't be out that late, whether they all hung out after the Nuggets game or not. Just a dumb decision. He needs to know better than that. I'm not going to read through the whole thread...does anyone know what is his status for the game on Sunday?

Thanks.

You're still my boy DJ, but you have to be smarter than that...it puts us in a bad spot, even though WW is coming back this weak. Not good.
:(

Unfortunately for him 5 years spread won't matter. They will hit him with the 2 year law and the league will suspend him as well.

SpringStein
11-12-2010, 08:43 PM

Yep - prob too early for us to take him in top 10 o so, and likely won't be there early in 2nd. Maybe pull off the Thomas/Tebow move again?

Requiem
11-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Yep - prob too early for us to take him in top 10 o so, and likely won't be there early in 2nd. Maybe pull off the Thomas/Tebow move again?

My only prayer right now is that the Patriots would be interested in getting a premium player (if we continue to do bad) and would shovel some of their pick load our way so we could move down. That way we could still nab one of the great DL prospects coming out and attempt possibly get Jones.

I really like Von Miller too, but he's an OLB. I know we have Dumervil and Ayers, but another pass rushing OLB wouldn't be bad either.

Sturdivant from the Heels would be another good ILB prospect for us to look at too. He isn't as athletic as Jones, but he is incredibly cerebral. Could be a great fit for us IMHO.

Those guys and Cameron Jordan are some of my favorite prospects.

Popps
11-12-2010, 09:47 PM
We should have moved DJ last off-season. Huge contract, and despite playing fairly well this year... isn't a true ILB.

Now, he's damaged goods.

broncswin
11-12-2010, 10:13 PM
you don't do that shiat...no remorse for the punishement he recieves...they need to crack down on him hard....don't be a dumb@$$ and risk other peoples lives in your stupid judgement....I love this guy as a football player, but have no respect for him right now.

Taco John
11-12-2010, 10:26 PM
We should have moved DJ last off-season. Huge contract, and despite playing fairly well this year... isn't a true ILB.

Now, he's damaged goods.

I'm afraid you're right. Water under the bridge now. He isnt' going anywhere, so let's hope he gets his act together.

The MVPlaya
11-12-2010, 11:24 PM

Now, he's damaged goods.

http://fm.theoffside.com/files/2009/03/hindsight.jpg

tsiguy96
11-12-2010, 11:56 PM
lindsay jones reported there is no statute of limitations between DUI arrests, on his 2nd one he will get reviewed under NFL substance abuse policy as a repeat offender.

awhile ago, DJ posted something like "for all those who dont like my partying, know i give my all every sunday"

he talks about going out all the time on twitter.

footstepsfrom#27
11-13-2010, 12:08 AM
Everything rises and falls on leadership.

strafen
11-13-2010, 12:31 AM
They're talking suspension roght away.
I believe his court date is set for the 12th or the 13th of December.
The NFL will levy its punishment independently from what would transpire in a court of law...

Popps
11-13-2010, 01:09 AM
http://fm.theoffside.com/files/2009/03/hindsight.jpg

Yea, to be fair... I've mentioned moving him long before this, and it's well-documented that I've had issues with him in the middle. I didn't like the contract extension when we did it, and I've never thought he was a true ILB.

He's a WOLB, chaser who would be great in his natural position. He suffices on the inside, mostly because he's versatile and has experience.

But, this is far from the first time I've mentioned moving him. Of course, it's too late, now.

Natedogg
11-13-2010, 01:28 AM
Not really. Do it enough and you will get into some real trouble. Either kill yourself, someone else, or just get busted so many times you do real time for it.

I guess if all you care about is the Denver Broncos, and not your community, then you are right to feel that way.

Glad you are so high and mighty.

cutthemdown
11-13-2010, 01:49 AM
Glad you are so high and mighty.

What a bunch of crap. It has nothing to do with being better then anyone else...or high and mighty as you put it.

It has to do with just wanting people to be safe. Americans shouldn't have to worry if some drunk SOB is going to kill them on the road.

As a fan I want players who don't get suspended, who learn from mistakes, who are winners.

Ever since HS ended DJ stopped being a winner. Maybe that's when he started drinking.

He's probably an alcoholic. Also you probably drink and drive a lot considering your response to this issue.

Wise up punk.

Bronco Yoda
11-13-2010, 01:54 AM
When it rains, it pours. Sit him now for 4 games. Don't wait for the league.

The MVPlaya
11-13-2010, 04:01 AM
Yea, to be fair... I've mentioned moving him long before this, and it's well-documented that I've had issues with him in the middle. I didn't like the contract extension when we did it, and I've never thought he was a true ILB.

He's a WOLB, chaser who would be great in his natural position. He suffices on the inside, mostly because he's versatile and has experience.

But, this is far from the first time I've mentioned moving him. Of course, it's too late, now.

It's been really up and down with DJ... at times people love him at other times people say he's not a true ILB. No one really ever hates him though.

I think the general consensus was that he isn't a true ILB... but imagine if McDaniels did move DJ Williams... after Marshall, Cutler, Hillis, Scheffler, etc.

I personally think he has enough talent to play ILB. He isn't poor, he just needs someone next to him that is BETTER than him for him to reach his max potential at ILB.

The MVPlaya
11-13-2010, 04:02 AM
Does anyone know, if the Broncos suspend DJ... and later the NFL determines they want to issue a suspension for DJ... the Broncos original suspension would count for that?

SouthStndJunkie
11-13-2010, 05:13 AM
Does anyone know, if the Broncos suspend DJ... and later the NFL determines they want to issue a suspension for DJ... the Broncos original suspension would count for that?

The NFL might take it into consideration a little bit when determining the penalty, but it wouldn't count as games served by the NFL.

THE719!
11-13-2010, 06:15 AM

well the way this season is going I would get drunk before a game as well..... but this is really stupid how can you be called a captain when you do stuff like this.... not only that D.J has been declining on the field anyway.... dumbass

Black96WS6
11-13-2010, 06:42 AM
McDaniels said the team does not monitor players' behavior after-hours. He said the players are all adults.

"It's disappointing no matter who it is. Like I said, the behavior, the fact that we're two days away from a game ... it's very disappointing to me and to my organization. I would be no matter who it was," McDaniels said.

"I'm certainly disappointed and do not condone that type of behavior from our players or anybody from within our organization."

and:

Williams said after his 2005 DUI that he realized he needed to get a designated driver whenever he went out partying. The team provides drivers to its players but Williams didn't use one Friday.

wow.

Black96WS6
11-13-2010, 06:52 AM
And staying out until 2:50am getting wasted when you have practice THAT DAY??? Come on man, that's just ridiculous...terrible judgement...

Denver Bronco and team captain D.J. Williams was picked up by Denver police Friday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence

McDaniels said he does not know if Williams will practice on Friday.

tsiguy96
11-13-2010, 07:58 AM
we probably get a shot to see wesley as a starter, wonder how it turns out

Broncoman13
11-13-2010, 08:03 AM
Just a few thoughts regarding this whole situation.

1. I am relieved it was only a DUI and nobody was hurt. When the text message first came in from CBS4, I could only see the beginning part..."Broncos star LB DJ Williams...
The first thing that came to my mind was Darrent Williams and I thought something serious had happened. So, there was my mind set when I read that he was arrested for DUI... Drinking and Driving is certainly bad, but comparatively speaking and with what I thought it was originally... not nearly as bad as some of the other emergent messages I've seen in the past 5 years.

2. The Broncos provide a service for players going out, partying, etc. etc. But they also monitor it. And besides that, these players are very recognizable within their communities. If they take a taxi or get a limo at 2:30 in the morning... somebody is going to notice and talk about it. They risk getting in their own vehicles and driving under the influence b/c they think their is less risk than their organization finding out that they've been out until just a few hours before practice. Cut mentioned this, but it is very safe to assume that DJ does this A LOT.

3. As bad as all of this is, the Broncos would be making a mistake to self impose a suspension on him. Too many things that can go wrong... unless the suspension is for missing team activities yesterday morning. Besides that, the NFL will suspend DJ as well. So if the Broncos suspend him for a game, I'm fine with that... but if they suspend him for 3 or 4 games this year and Goodell suspends him for 4-6 games next year, we screw ourselves.

4. It irks me quite a bit that a team captain would be out the night before a practice. The way this season has been. The way the last few years have been. The defense's struggles. This team lacks leadership. DJ Williams is obviously not a good leader... and you have to wonder what the other guys are like if the team thinks he's the best choice of the bunch!?! We don't need choir boys out there. There are plenty of players in the league that are willing to put their lives on hold during an NFL Season for the good of the team. Those are the guys we need. Not these Yay-hoos that are out burning the midnight oil, "getting their goose on"!

Dump DJ's ass and get David Harris in here next year! Better yet, don't even give DJ that... Make him David Harris' back-up... money be damned!

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2010, 08:15 AM
He needs to be suspended. Not only for the community but for him.

Broncoman13
11-13-2010, 08:21 AM
He needs to be suspended. Not only for the community but for him.

Yes, but the suspension should come from Goodell and it should be quick/immediate.

wolf754life
11-13-2010, 08:56 AM
gutless drunk.....

_Oro_
11-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Two things:

1. Its ironic that ever since McD started heaping praise on him everything has gone down hill.

2. I don't think DJ will be here next year.

Popps
11-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Two things:

1. Its ironic that ever since McD started heaping praise on him everything has gone down hill.

McDaniels praised him last year. Made him a captain at the beginning of this season. He's had nothing but good things to say about him.

DJ just screwed up. There's no "irony" involved here, just poor decision-making by a millionaire.

Let's not get desperate in our attempts to spin this as something other than what it is.

Popps
11-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Two things:

That's probably wrong, too.

His trade value is ****, now... so we won't benefit by moving him.

Mogulseeker
11-13-2010, 09:18 AM
It's been really up and down with DJ... at times people love him at other times people say he's not a true ILB. No one really ever hates him though.

I think the general consensus was that he isn't a true ILB... but imagine if McDaniels did move DJ Williams... after Marshall, Cutler, Hillis, Scheffler, etc.

I personally think he has enough talent to play ILB. He isn't poor, he just needs someone next to him that is BETTER than him for him to reach his max potential at ILB.

Absolutely right. DJ is a pretty damn good LB, better on the outside.

He was having a career year, too. So much for that Pro Bowl appearance.

cutthemdown
11-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Absolutely right. DJ is a pretty damn good LB, better on the outside.

He was having a career year, too. So much for that Pro Bowl appearance.

uuuhg he hasn't made enough plays behind the LOS, or forced enough turnovers to talk pro bowl. He can guard TE really well and chase running plays down. That's all he's good at. He can't shed blocks and make plays in the holes, he doesn't rush the passer, he doesn't cause tunrovers.

The fact he admits to being a huge partier, him getting busted for DUI at what 3 am? tells me he doesn't take football practice seriously really. Probably the reason he never become better then just a linebacker who can run.

While TE and RB are going over gameplan night before, week before game, DJ is probably drunk, getting drunk, or recovering from being drunk. Seriously this explains a lot about his play in Denver since he was drafted.

Probably same ole story of stupid kid gets money, doesn't grow up, starts partying, never lives up to potential.

cutthemdown
11-13-2010, 10:10 AM
That's probably wrong, too.

His trade value is ****, now... so we won't benefit by moving him.

Well you might get a 4th round pick for him.

chadta
11-13-2010, 12:37 PM
uuuhg he hasn't made enough plays behind the LOS,

but nobody's better at making plays 5 yards down field, well maybe webster was