PDA

View Full Version : More Knowshon

MABroncoFan
11-11-2010, 03:24 PM
rotoworld.com...

Coach Josh McDaniels suggested that Knowshon Moreno will be featured heavily in the offensive game plan this week.

"We'd like to get him going, you know what I mean," McDaniels said. "That's an important part for us coming off of the first half of the year. We didn't get that phase of our team going. He's an important part of getting that thing going in the right direction."
Source: Denver Post

CEH
11-11-2010, 03:32 PM
rotoworld.com...

Coach Josh McDaniels suggested that Knowshon Moreno will be featured heavily in the offensive game plan this week.

"We'd like to get him going, you know what I mean," McDaniels said. "That's an important part for us coming off of the first half of the year. We didn't get that phase of our team going. He's an important part of getting that thing going in the right direction."
Source: Denver Post

This quote goes against everythiing that was the SF game

He had what 41 yards in the first 11 carries and then wham o nothing and that was in a 3-0 game so there was no reason not to get Moreno involved

Was there another reason to adbanden the run in that game I'm not aware of?

Is this all about Ryan Harris coming back?

Requiem
11-11-2010, 03:32 PM
I want to see a video of his dance against the Raiders, I missed that.

MABroncoFan
11-11-2010, 03:33 PM
It'll be interesting to see if we do try to establish the run more this week, and how we'll fare w/ our line getting healthy and back to the original starters, and Knowshon as healthy as he's been.

orangemonkey
11-11-2010, 03:34 PM
McDaniels is clear-sighted, innovative, authoritative and absolute ingenious.

gtown
11-11-2010, 03:36 PM
If we are down at the half, McD will abandon the run just like I do when playing Madden. If we are ahead, he will try to make a point by running it too much to prove some point. Whatever the case, we lose balance, and the game.

Doesn't it just hurt to think that the Denver Broncos have become a hobby shop for coaches to learn lessons before moving on to better things a la the Browns.

Bronco Boy
11-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Wow, making a headline out of that quote is a major stretch.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-11-2010, 03:50 PM
At least it isn't Maroney.

Quoydogs
11-11-2010, 04:34 PM
At least it isn't Maroney.

True.

Popps
11-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Doesn't it just hurt to think that the Denver Broncos have become a hobby shop for coaches to learn lessons before moving on to better things a la the Browns.

:spit:

That's a level, I assume. Funny either way.

broncofan2438
11-11-2010, 05:11 PM
We hear this every ****ing time before each game. No **** we want to get him going, havent we been trying to do this every week he hasnt been hurt?
Cmon, anyone can be a coach

elsid13
11-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Just say **** it and go with full run and shoot, we all know that what Mcdaniels really wants to do

Bronco Yoda
11-11-2010, 05:16 PM
So if McD winds up Moreno tighter, will he then run faster?

broncosteven
11-11-2010, 08:30 PM

He had what 41 yards in the first 11 carries and then wham o nothing and that was in a 3-0 game so there was no reason not to get Moreno involved

I think we saw less and less of Knowgain because of poor vision and turf monsters. There were a couple plays where he had space for a big gain and tripped up or ran up his blockers backs.

OABB
11-11-2010, 08:34 PM
I think we saw less and less of Knowgain because of poor vision and turf monsters. There were a couple plays where he had space for a big gain and tripped up or ran up his blockers backs.

I've never heard a dlineman called a turf monster before. That's cool.

KipCorrington25
11-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Sounds great but we'll fall behind early, ditch the game plan, and throw it 50 times.

But that's OK, ORton is a future HOFer!!!!

cabronco
11-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Why dont you show it on the field first, then report back how that was part of the plan to get Knowshon going. That way you're not telegraphing to the opposing team, what you're planning to do. And if it Mcfails, just say we were trying to play smart, tough, situational football.

spdirty
11-11-2010, 09:06 PM
My biggest concern about featuring Moreno is that if he plays too much he might get hurt. Then we're really ****ed.

Popps
11-11-2010, 09:22 PM

Yea, you're going to need to prove this... because very few people are seeing that, while most are seeing a lack of blocking lanes.

I proved my Hillis running lanes point with picture and video. Care to do the same?

strafen
11-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Yea, you're going to need to prove this... because very few people are seeing that, while most are seeing a lack of blocking lanes.

I proved my Hillis running lanes point with picture and video. Care to do the same?Dude, Moreno couldn't run straight consistently, without going down .

With that same very OL last year, Buckhalter had IIRC, a 100-yard game, while Moreno was kissing the turf on just about every run or being tackled for a loss in the backfield.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty embarrassing videos of Moreno's runs out there.
Don't make somebody to actually take you up on your challenge...
I can search for videos that shows Moreno stumbling his way around the field.
Is that proof enough for me to show the guy is a stumbler?
You tell me...

My point is, you don't need to go out and specifically look for a video that best illustrates your point about Hillis, hoping you're going to fool people into thinking you've proven a point on a guy who's been running hard since day one of his career for two different teams.

Remember, you're not the only one that watches football around here.

You're very naive if you think you've proven anything.
For every video like that, there are far more showing Hillis plowing his way thru defenses and dragging 3 or more defenders on his back.
Your argument is a weak one at best.

You just like to throw **** on the wall to see what sticks...
In your case, it just stinks...

Rigs11
11-11-2010, 10:17 PM
I know harris is back, but we are a passing team right now. let Orton betchslap that weak chief secondary.

Broncomutt
11-11-2010, 10:32 PM

I agree. One thing I have not seen from Moreno is an effective use of downfield blocking on the few occasions he does get clear of the line.

Bronco Receiver: "Holy **** Mo! Which way you runnin' so I can block for you?"

Moreno: "I'll know when my feet tell me!"

:tearhair:

Taco John
11-11-2010, 11:37 PM
This would be a good game for Moreno to turn in his first 100 yard game. That's the kind of performance that the fans need at home right now given the last few outings. A team effort like that would go a long ways right now.

UberBroncoMan
11-12-2010, 01:41 AM
My biggest concern about featuring Moreno is that if he plays too much he might get hurt. Then we're really ****ed.

Exactly right. If Ayers had just been a backup he'd probably still be playing a little bit. But at least it's a bit! Live and learn.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-12-2010, 02:00 AM
That's real cute.

Br0nc0Buster
11-12-2010, 06:06 AM
Moreno is our cowbell...we need more of it

hopefully this oline shift will create a semblance of a running lane for him

Bob's your Information Minister
11-12-2010, 06:15 AM
If Slowshon Morono gets more than 50 yards against the Chiefs, consider Romeo Crennel a failure.

oubronco
11-12-2010, 10:06 AM
If Slowshon Morono gets more than 50 yards against the Chiefs, consider Romeo Crennel a failure.

Done

TomServo
11-13-2010, 03:30 AM
our knowshon that doesnt have a 100 yard game after one and a half seasons in the league? our knowshon that is Still behind tatum(kiosk) bell from a"long run"tatum 37 yards knowshon 36? our knowshon that cant run over or run past anyone?
our knowshon that celebrates touchdowns like he never sees the endzone?
its like a crappy 80's sitcom "Thats our Knowshon"!

CEH
11-13-2010, 05:41 AM
our knowshon that doesnt have a 100 yard game after one and a half seasons in the league? our knowshon that is Still behind tatum(kiosk) bell from a"long run"tatum 37 yards knowshon 36? our knowshon that cant run over or run past anyone?
our knowshon that celebrates touchdowns like he never sees the endzone?
its like a crappy 80's sitcom "Thats our Knowshon"!

189. The number of 100 yard rushing games in the NFL since Knowshown join the league

Yet a player that actually gains yards and scores TDs is laughed at in the other thread over 90 pages long.

What's the reason why Knowshon didn't get crap in the 2nd half of the SF game in a 3-0 game. McD knows all and everyone trusts his judgment (he knew what he had in Hillis right?) correct?

Why else abandon the run in a 3-0 game? It's a mystery. Maybe McD panics because if Denver gets behind by 10 or more he knows they can't come back. So once they get down he goes back to what he's comforatble with throwing the ball as the running game

Explain Moreno's disappearing act in London . Trust McD judgment or Moreno has issues. Can't have it both ways.

Yet here we go again this week with the same rhetoric we heard two weeks ago. Moreno must be a bigger part of the offense. Didn't happen.

Cry wolf enough and it falls on deaf ears

fontaine
11-13-2010, 09:37 AM

Yeah sure:

1. How well our line was doing in pass protection . . . . uh, no scratch that, Orton was getting hammered and chased around the place.

2. How far behind we were so we were forced to pass. . . . . . uh, no scratch that too, the game was still really close in the 2nd half.

3. How well our TEs were doing getting open and getting yards after the catch, bowling over their LBers. . . . . uh, no what TEs?

4. How well our WRs were getting open and gaining yards after the catch negating any need to run the ball? . . . uh no, not that either.

Josh McDaniels simply hasn't shown that he's got the ability, play calling skills, and know how to get the ground game going.

Any coach that trades a 4th for Lawrence Maroney is pretty much clueless about running the ball.

Jay3
11-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Is there any video of Moreno making the dismissive gesture towards Orton when he audibled at the end of the Raiders game?

fontaine
11-13-2010, 09:44 AM
That being said, what else is McDaniels going to say? He's already admitted that coaching has been a problem with the running game (along with the OL/RBs).

The same with the TEs. At this point McDaniels hasn't shown me anything more than what he was in 2009. An intelligent passing/QBs coach that knows how to put together a good passing game.

Anything beyond that and he's pretty much ****ed it up.

McDaniels is the Bob Slowik of offense. Great at coaching a specific unit (like Slowik was for our Secondary) but move them a level upwards and they sh*t the bed.

rbackfactory80
11-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Truth of the matter is Shanahan faced the same problems and he was/is the king of productive runners. Shanahan wanted pass protectors and that's what we have. He wanted Cutler to step back and throw 45 times a game. Run blocking is not the strong suit of the line. They are awful.

Now add in injuries, position changes, and a coach that doesn't make the running game top priority and you get the 2010 Denver Broncos.

Moreno is not the problem. You send him to a team with a dominant line and he has a great season.

WolfpackGuy
11-13-2010, 10:33 AM
"I gotta fever, and the only prescription...is more Knowshon!"

God help our team.

oubronco
11-13-2010, 11:11 AM
I believe Moreno was averaging 4.2 yds a carry in the first half against the niners before they abandoned the run game

TomServo
11-14-2010, 03:26 AM
4.2 ypc. against an nfl team with one win. the no 12 pick in the draft? yay. sammy winder without the paycheck?

strafen
11-14-2010, 07:06 AM
Truth of the matter is Shanahan faced the same problems and he was/is the king of productive runners. Shanahan wanted pass protectors and that's what we have. He wanted Cutler to step back and throw 45 times a game. Run blocking is not the strong suit of the line. They are awful.

Now add in injuries, position changes, and a coach that doesn't make the running game top priority and you get the 2010 Denver Broncos.

Moreno is not the problem. You send him to a team with a dominant line and he has a great season.Orton is not the problem either.
You send him to a team with a dominant defense and he will win for you. Wait. I think he's done that already when he was in Chicago.

What we need is a dominant running back and a QB that can dominate games. We have none...

strafen
11-14-2010, 07:08 AM
I believe Moreno was averaging 4.2 yds a carry in the first half against the niners before they abandoned the run game

At this point we take any moral victory no matter how we get it. Right? Ha!

baja
11-14-2010, 07:30 AM
Orton is not the problem either.
You send him to a team with a dominant defense and he will win for you. Wait. I think he's done that already when he was in Chicago.

What we need is a dominant running back and a QB that can dominate games. We have none...

Well I do understand your frustration with Josh. You want a team of super stars at skill positions which requires journeymen everywhere else because of the cap system that we have had for so many years. Josh is in the process of building a team of team first players that love what they do and are smart and adaptable.

You will never be happy with a McDaniels team even if they are winning. You are a fan that prefers players like "pretty pass" Cutler and "circus catch" Marshall.

strafen
11-14-2010, 07:40 AM
Well I do understand your frustration with Josh. You want a team of super stars at skill positions which requires journeymen everywhere else because of the cap system that we have had for so many years. Josh is in the process of building a team of team first players that love what they do and are smart and adaptable.

You will never be happy with a McDaniels team even if they are winning. You are a fan that prefers players like "pretty pass" Cutler and "circus catch" Marshall.

And how is that working out so far?

strafen
11-14-2010, 07:41 AM

You will never be happy with a McDaniels team even if they are winning. You are a fan that prefers players like "pretty pass" Cutler and "circus catch" Marshall.you forgot tough!

baja
11-14-2010, 07:55 AM
And how is that working out so far?

The thing you don't get is to make a change as profound as the one Josh is undertaking it takes time, more than two drafts that is for sure.

baja
11-14-2010, 07:55 AM
you forgot tough!

and tough.

baja
11-14-2010, 07:56 AM
you forgot tough!

Why did you change your user name?

go_broncos
11-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Please don't put 'More' and 'Moreno' in one sentence. It's a disgrace to that word.

broncosteven
11-14-2010, 08:28 AM
...Explain Moreno's disappearing act in London . Trust McD judgment or Moreno has issues. Can't have it both ways.

Yet here we go again this week with the same rhetoric we heard two weeks ago. Moreno must be a bigger part of the offense. Didn't happen.

Cry wolf enough and it falls on deaf ears

I don't have a DVR for the Directv games but I think that Turf monsters and poor vision were the reasons they went away from the run game. Knowgain fell down in front of a gaping hole on one play and then ran up his blockers backs a couple times before they abandoned the run.

OABB
11-14-2010, 08:31 AM
I don't have a DVR for the Directv games but I think that Turf monsters and poor vision were the reasons they went away from the run game. Knowgain fell down in front of a gaping hole on one play and then ran up his blockers backs a couple times before they abandoned the run.

You should get a dvr. That way your lying memory won't fail you as much.

Broncomutt
11-14-2010, 08:41 AM
:strong:

broncosteven
11-14-2010, 12:51 PM
You should get a dvr. That way your lying memory won't fail you as much.

I have it for Uverse but not DirecTV. If anyone has a copy of the game on DVD or can point me to a source I will go thought it. It was late in the 2nd quarter on 2 drives where he went down on his own then started running up his blockers backs.