PDA

View Full Version : Scouts Inc Week 10: Chiefs at Broncos (The Shocker!)

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-11-2010, 07:22 AM
Chiefs-Broncos: 10 observations
Insider
By Doug Kretz
Scouts Inc.
Kansas City at Denver
kan When: 4:05 PM ET
Watch: CBS
Preview
More scouting reports: Week 10 den
Scouts Inc. Position Advantage

QB DEN
RB KC
WR KC
OL KC
DL KC
LB DEN
DB DEN
ST KC
Coach KC

After breaking down film of both teams, Scouts Inc. offers 10 things to watch in this week's Chiefs-Broncos matchup.

1. Pound the rock: The Broncos have struggled to stop the run this year and are giving up almost 156 yards a game on the ground, or 4.6 yards per carry, both near the bottom of the league. The Chiefs have made running the football a point of emphasis this year and are leading the league with 190 yards a game on the ground and are second in the NFL with 6.43 yards per carry.

2. Take some downfield shots: Kansas City does an excellent job of protecting the pocket. Their offensive line gives up an average of just one sack for every 21 pass attempts, while the Broncos have struggled to pressure the pocket. In order to keep the Broncos from crowding the box with extra defenders on most obvious passing downs, the Chiefs are apt to attack Denver's secondary down the seam to keep things loose.

3. Expect a lot of nickel and dime coverage packages: Denver is the league's worst running team and is averaging just 2.9 yards per carry or 67 yards per game -- both of which are at the bottom of the league. Chiefs defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel will feel like he can control Denver's running attack with his base package, while stacking the back end with extra defenders to take away the passing lanes.

4. Spread the wealth on offense: While the Chiefs do a good job of using their two backs to keep both of them fresh, they need to look to more receivers in their passing game. Their top receivers, TE Tony Moeaki, WR Dwayne Bowe and RB Jamaal Charles account for just over 60 percent of the team's receptions. Look for an emphasis on spreading out the wealth in an attempt to become less predictable.

5. Matchup to watch: Kansas City TE Tony Moeaki versus Denver LB D.J. Williams: Moeaki has become a huge hit in Kansas City, is leading the team in receptions with 30 and has become Matt Cassel's favorite target. He is extremely athletic, with excellent receiving skills and good downfield speed. Williams is a linebacker that can cover a lot of space and has the athleticism to match up with top tight ends.

6. Denver needs to get a ground game established: Head coach Josh McDaniels wants to establish an efficient ground game in order to make the play-action fake more effective. The Broncos are only averaging 2.9 yards per carry, which allows defenses to keep players out of the box and make it difficult to attack downfield.

7. Keep attacking vertically: Only two teams average more yards per pass than Denver and Kyle Orton's 28 pass completions of 25-plus yards rank second only to Philip Rivers. You can be sure that Orton will attack the Chiefs' secondary with a vertical passing attack.

8. Create turnovers: No one protects the football like the Chiefs: they have just four interceptions and two fumbles lost the entire season. Sunday's loss to the Oakland Raiders was the Chiefs' first multiple-turnover game of the year and if Denver can manage to come up on the positive side of the ledger when it comes to takeaways, it would give the Broncos a much better chance to win.

9. Crowd the box: The Chiefs own the league's top-ranked run offense, as they are averaging 180 yards a game and are ranked third with an average of 5.0 yards per carry. Look for Broncos defensive coordinator Don Martindale to slide an extra defender up into the box in an attempt to take away all the run lanes available.

10. Matchup to watch: Denver QB Kyle Orton versus Kansas City SS Eric Berry: Orton has gone from being considered a game manager -- while with the Chicago Bears -- to a quarterback that can put up big numbers in the passing game. He will be matching wits with Berry, who is starting to make more plays in coverage. Orton will want to get Berry to show the coverage scheme early and look him off if he wants to attack the Chiefs down the seams.

Prediction
Kansas City 21
Denver 24

Bob's your Information Minister
11-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Ah **** this ****.

Teams that can't run the ball aren't getting 24 on our D.

Mile High Shack
11-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Ah **** this ****.

no offense, but you are acting like your defense is the 85 bears....got news for ya...it ain't

our team sucks, but we still will score on your team

11-11-2010, 08:02 AM
no offense, but you are acting like your defense is the 85 bears....got news for ya...it ain't

our team sucks, but we still will score on your team

Not 24 points.

We get teams in third and long and Hali and Flowers start murderizing people.

The Broncos are going to be in third and long all game long Sunday.

Mile High Shack
11-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Not 24 points.

muderizing? seriously?

I mean your team is improved, but I would never describe the Chiefs defense in that manner

The game is going to be close, neither team is going to blow the other out. If you win, congrats, you are top of the heap in the crappy AFC West

LRtagger
11-11-2010, 08:10 AM
WR KC

Hilarious!

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Not 24 points.

That Jets run D was pretty good, too.

And when the Chiefs get to third and long, Flowers craps the bed and gives up bombs.

oubronco
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:IbNe2syWzRV_6M:http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t152/sonic_raider/Kansas%20City%20Chiefs/QuiefsSuck.jpg&t=1

Rohirrim
60 to 3, Chiefs. The Broncos don't have a chance. They should forfeit.

Chris
11-11-2010, 08:15 AM
WR KC

http://www.kcchiefsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/DwayneBoweDrop.jpg

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2010/0305/20100305__BRONCOS_CHIEFS_CM20946~p1.jpg

oubronco
11-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Hell they shouldn't even get out of bed

Chiefs 9,000,000

Broncos 0

baja
11-11-2010, 08:16 AM
KC has better WR's????

oubronco
11-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Bob

http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/461_gtfo.jpg

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-11-2010, 08:18 AM
KC has better WR's????

I can't even name the guy that lines up opposite of Bowe on a regular basis. Is it still Googly-Eyed Chambers?

11-11-2010, 08:33 AM
And when the Chiefs get to third and long, Flowers craps the bed and gives up bombs.

Hey, I'm McRulon McVelvet McRetard, and I don't even watch Flowers every week, but I sure saw that Raiders game and that one bomb Flowers gave up on first down! I'm a ****ing genius!

The Chiefs have one of the top third-down defenses in football and it's because of guys like Hali and Flowers.

crawdad
11-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Bobs Locker in the Chefs Locker Room

Bronco Boy
11-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Flowers got exposed in that OAK game. The key to beating him is to throw the ball to the receiver he's covering.

11-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Flowers got exposed in that OAK game. The key to beating him is to throw the ball to the receiver he's covering.

Because every receiver he covers this year is going to run a 4.2.

And yes, Jacoby Ford is that ****ing fast. (http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ford_jacoby00.html)

had the best 40-yard dash time at the Fork Union College Coaches Combine with a time of 4.12

As good as Brandon Lloyd is, he does not run a 4.2.

Flowers will have a fine game.

Homer Simpson
11-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Let's not put too much faith in a score prediction from someone who thinks KC has better WRs. Even Bob knows that's stupid.

Bronco Boy
11-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Because every receiver he covers this year is going to run a 4.2.

And yes, Jacoby Ford is that ****ing fast. (http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ford_jacoby00.html)

As good as Brandon Lloyd is, he does not run a 4.2.

Flowers will have a fine game.

Ha ha, except that play late in the 4th where Flowers basically just jumped out of the way of the ball and let Ford catch it. I would say it was a rookie mistake but I don't think he's a rookie.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Hey, I'm Retarded.

We know.

11-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Ha ha, except that play late in the 4th where Flowers basically just jumped out of the way of the ball and let Ford catch it. I would say it was a rookie mistake but I don't think he's a rookie.

That was a once in a season play. If Flowers just bats it down instead of going for the INT the game is over.

Ford played out of his mind in that game. Flowers is having a Pro Bowl year.

Triplelefthook
11-11-2010, 09:27 AM
the score is 24-21 because the under/over is 43.5 and espn has to keep it as close to that as possible

broncswin
11-11-2010, 09:28 AM
ah **** this ****.

Teams that can't run the ball aren't getting 24 on our d.

rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!

broncswin
11-11-2010, 09:28 AM
not 24 points.

We get teams in third and long and hali and flowers start murderizing people.

The broncos are going to be in third and long all game long sunday.

rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl! rofl!rofl!

broncswin
11-11-2010, 09:29 AM
hey, i'm mcrulon mcvelvet mcretard, and i don't even watch flowers every week, but i sure saw that raiders game and that one bomb flowers gave up on first down! I'm a ****ing genius!

the chiefs have one of the top third-down defenses in football and it's because of guys like hali and flowers.

rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl!rofl! rofl!rofl!rofl!

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Hey, I'm McRulon McVelvet McRetard, and I don't even watch Flowers every week, but I sure saw that Raiders game and that one bomb Flowers gave up on first down! I'm a ****ing genius!

The Chiefs have one of the top third-down defenses in football and it's because of guys like Hali and Flowers.

You're right, Bob. That was the only play all year that Flowers ****ed up. Others would point out him being responsible for 2 losses, almost singlehandedly.

Pipe down, Tons O' Fun.

vancejohnson82
11-11-2010, 09:49 AM
wow...Chiefs fans are getting delusional

even at this time last year we weren't talking like this...well, probably because we just got beat down twice

oh wait....didnt the Chiefs

Rock Chalk
11-11-2010, 09:52 AM
I thought The Shocker was two in the pink one in the stink.

Quoydogs
11-11-2010, 10:14 AM
I thought The Shocker was two in the pink one in the stink.

Please refer to the Urban Dictionary thread.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=94984

Chris
11-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Bob you sound nervous.

11-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Hey, I didn't say KC was gonna win.

Any road game is a tossup with this doofus at QB:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c5/Matt_Cassel_Chiefs.JPG/300px-Matt_Cassel_Chiefs.JPG

Mountain Bronco
11-11-2010, 10:55 AM
This is a bad analysis. First Denvers WR are superior to KC's. Bowe is so inconsistent still and Loyd is a beast this year.

Denver doesn't have better linebackers either. Our LB's are bad.

Denver will however score on KC's defense, but I don't know about if we can hold the Cheifs to 21 points. That is the real flaw in this. How do we stop the chiefs running game?

gunns
11-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Ah **** this ****.

Uh, learn about your team, especially their D. Their rushing D is better than their passing D. Comparably, the Chiefs are ranked similarly to Tennessee. And Tennessee has given up less passing TD's. And Denver scored 26 on that D. Without a running game, doesn't look like we'll have to worry about that rushing D. :)

As far as the OP, KC has the better WR's???

11-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Uh, learn about your team, especially their D. Their rushing D is better than their passing D. Comparably, the Chiefs are ranked similarly to Tennessee. And Tennessee has given up less passing TD's.

You act like 10 passing TDs in 8 games is a lot.

The Chiefs have an excellent pass D. Otherwise they wouldn't be getting off the field on third down.

The Broncos will be lucky to score 21 in this game let alone 24.

gunns
11-11-2010, 11:31 AM
You act like 10 passing TDs in 8 games is a lot.

The Chiefs have an excellent pass D. Otherwise they wouldn't be getting off the field on third down.

The Broncos will be lucky to score 21 in this game let alone 24.

Well Tennessee's D has only given up 9 passing TD's, 2 of which belong to the Broncos. Oh and 26 pts.

There are 11 teams that tie or are better than KC's D in 3rd down percentage and there are 15 teams D's that are better than KC in the amount of 3rd downs given up

11-11-2010, 12:22 PM
There are 11 teams that tie or are better than KC's D in 3rd down percentage

Are you brain dead?

The Chiefs are 9th in third down percentage allowed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/thirdDownConvPct/position/defense

Considering we've faced three of the top 10 third-down offenses in 8 games, that's pretty ****ing good.

I don't give a **** what you did to the Titans.

gunns
11-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Are you brain dead?

The Chiefs are 9th in third down percentage allowed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/thirdDownConvPct/position/defense

Considering we've faced three of the top 10 third-down offenses in 8 games, that's pretty ****ing good.

I don't give a **** what you did to the Titans.

Your link confirmed what I said, except I said 11 that are tied or better and I do believe it maybe 12. 35.9 is basically the same as 36 and 36.4 especially when some have allowed less. And you said a team that can't run can't score 24 against the Chiefs D. Tennesse has a comparable D and we scored 26. That's all. So you aren't one of the TOP teams. Not saying it isn't good so you can unwad your panties, which is something we should address. Got a little hot under the collar there, either you're getting worried or you still hate being presented the facts by a woman. Either way, you've got issues.

colonelbeef
11-11-2010, 01:16 PM
I agree, I think the Broncos pull this one out. There is not other option really.

A loss means the season is dead and buried, and I don't see that happening yet

Broncos_OTM
11-11-2010, 04:04 PM
We are second in teams getting in the redzone. If somehow we can capitolize on it this weekend could be trouble. Bob mst of us dont want to talk football with you because you are a **** troll. And a piece of dog crap. You will never get any respect here so you shouldnt expect it

SouthStndJunkie
11-11-2010, 04:27 PM
I predict that Knowshon Moreno will run for over 100 yards for the first time in his career in this game.

11-12-2010, 02:01 AM
I predict that Knowshon Moreno will run for over 100 yards for the first time in his career in this game.

Is he paying off our defense, or something?

No one has gone over 100 yards against the Chiefs this year.

11-12-2010, 02:02 AM
I agree, I think the Broncos pull this one out. There is not other option really.

A loss means the season is dead and buried, and I don't see that happening yet

Your season was over as soon as you lost to the Jets.

The fact that some you have yet to accept it is truly hilarious.

Truly.

11-12-2010, 02:04 AM
35.9 is basically the same as 36 and 36.4 especially when some have allowed less.

Gotta love this.

The Chiefs are 9th in third-down defense.

That is a fact.

Anything else is just spin from a delusional Broncos homer.

And again, honey, I don't give a **** what the Titans did.

Besides the juggernaut offense in Houston, the only offense to score 20 or more against the Chiefs this year was the Jags, and they were handed two absolute gift TDs by pass interference.

The Broncos will be lucky to get to 20 this game, because you can't run the ball at all.

Jetmeck
11-12-2010, 04:34 AM
Ah **** this ****.

You wont see a lead Sunday. Go back in your hole you little weasel.

Jetmeck
11-12-2010, 04:39 AM

Maybe not but I watch every Chief game you little butt weasel and Flowers has been getting burned regularly and yes he lost you the game at Oakland and Houston. Good luck with Lloyd.

Jetmeck
11-12-2010, 04:48 AM
IF your team is soooo good in every facet as you would want us to believe why would anybody pick us ? We are bad at times but you saw what we did to the Titans and the fact we played a tough ass Jets team to the wire.
Your little weasel ass knows if we play like we are capable you are no Jets or Titans for that matter.

11-12-2010, 06:08 AM
Hahaha, finally someone around here shows some spunk!

Jetmeck, you are pathetic. Flowers has been burned exactly three times this year - Houston, Buffalo and Oakland. He is an All-Pro corner and having a better season than Chump Bailey, who plays on the NFL's worst defense.

If the Broncos play like they are capable of playing they will have a lot of passing yards and lose. That's all you do this year. No running game, no defense.

If Cassel plays even halfway decent in this game you will get stomped.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-12-2010, 07:06 AM
****, Bob, pick one and go with it. Is Cassel your savior or not? Like your back fat, you're all over the place.

11-12-2010, 07:10 AM
****, Bob, pick one and go with it. Is Cassel your savior or not? Like your back fat, you're all over the place.

When did I ever say Cassel was worth a ****?

I hate the bastard.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-12-2010, 10:02 AM
If Cassel plays even halfway decent in this game you will get stomped.

This is you assuming he's "worth a ****" enough to defeat a team on the road.