PDA

View Full Version : OT: Fallout: New Vegas

Archer81
11-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Considering the success of the COD: Black Ops thread, I decided that hell, Fallout New Vegas needs its own off topic thread. If you loved Fallout 3, this one is better. Larger, more missions, more ****ed up and hillarious, too.

http://tinyurl.com/cvrlv3

:Broncos:

WABronco
11-10-2010, 07:23 PM
The whole Mr. House thing is a little confusing...it's almost like a climax point right when you're getting used to things. Errr, or something. Can't say I like any of the weapons I've come across yet, but I'm not that high a level either. Massive amounts of side missions though, and that can be good and bad, IMO.

gyldenlove
11-10-2010, 07:32 PM
I haven't played this one yet, but I really hope in terms of world and missions it is more in line with the old games and not fallout 3. Fallout 3 to me is too linear in the sense that there are not enough engaging/worthwhile side missions to play the game through twice without repeating most of it, sure you can try to complete missions in different ways, but part of the charm of the old games were that you could chose to skip entire areas if so pleased.

Jesterhole
11-10-2010, 08:09 PM
I really was enjoying myself up until I got to Vegas. Then the world opened up too much, I had too many quest lines going at once, and I wasn't motivated to finish things off. I didn't like that you were instantly important when you go there...wish I had had to work my way up more. Oh well, still a fun game.

Broncojef
11-10-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm still finishing up Fallout3 with Vegas waiting in the wings. I never did the older Fallout series.

Jesterhole
11-11-2010, 07:41 AM
I went ahead and started a 2nd playthrough, this time trying to be as evil as I want. I'm having way more fun, killing and stealing everything in sight. Much more fun to join up with the Powder Gangers at the correctional facility...because the NCR attacks, and it's one of the coolest moments in the game. I decided to betray the powder gangers at the last minute, throw on some NCR armor from a dead dude, and joined in the attack. It was glorious.

Doing the evil option for the ghouls launching the rocket is hilarious as well.

Pseudofool
11-11-2010, 08:21 AM
I haven't played this one yet, but I really hope in terms of world and missions it is more in line with the old games and not fallout 3. Fallout 3 to me is too linear in the sense that there are not enough engaging/worthwhile side missions to play the game through twice without repeating most of it, sure you can try to complete missions in different ways, but part of the charm of the old games were that you could chose to skip entire areas if so pleased.

Considering it's made by many of the same people (Black Isle --> Obsidian), it's safe bet that FO:NV is the real Fallout 3.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Fun game.

http://i51.tinypic.com/10gfqro.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/b5glk0.jpg

Killed this guy and took his armor last night.

http://i53.tinypic.com/vy9ssl.jpg

11-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Much more fun to join up with the Powder Gangers at the correctional facility...because the NCR attacks, and it's one of the coolest moments in the game. I decided to betray the powder gangers at the last minute, throw on some NCR armor from a dead dude, and joined in the attack. It was glorious.

Gonna have to load an earlier save and try that. Awesome.

Archer81
11-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Fun game.

http://i51.tinypic.com/10gfqro.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/b5glk0.jpg

Those old ladies...that is just a wierd moment. You get the sexbot, head out of Cerulean Robotics, get mugged by three old bitches in June Cleaver dresses. I'm guessing you picked the Wild Wasteland Perk?

:Broncos:

Kaylore
11-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Is this any good? I've heard it's "totally awesomeX0R!11!!" but mostly from fallout fanboys who would tell you that if you stuck a vaultboy sticker on a buffalo patty. I've had two people I trust tell me it's not near as good as 3 and recommend I spend my money elsewhere. Only one friend who didn't have a boner for the fallout series said it was good.

11-11-2010, 10:59 AM
It's better than 3.

FYI Fallout 3 was the first fallout I played.

CSU Husker
11-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Awesome game, but the bugs drive me nuts. Lockups all the time, and I have 2 quests that I cant finish because of bugs. There is no reason they couldnt make a more stable game.

Rigs11
11-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Awesome game, but the bugs drive me nuts. Lockups all the time, and I have 2 quests that I cant finish because of bugs. There is no reason they couldnt make a more stable game.

thy released another patch yesterday, for the PC version anyway.

Pseudofool
11-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Is this any good? I've heard it's "totally awesomeX0R!11!!" but mostly from fallout fanboys who would tell you that if you stuck a vaultboy sticker on a buffalo patty. I've had two people I trust tell me it's not near as good as 3 and recommend I spend my money elsewhere. Only one friend who didn't have a boner for the fallout series said it was good.It's good if you can past the wonky graphics. The writing is so muhc better than FO3; there's a lot of depth. Factions add so muhc to the game in the way of making the world have a living economy and politic. I haven't finished it, but it's the kind of game where you kind of have to take your time and replay value seems high and meaningful. If you liked FO2, you'll like this game.

CSU Husker
11-11-2010, 12:12 PM
It's good if you can past the wonky graphics. The writing is so muhc better than FO3; there's a lot of depth. Factions add so muhc to the game in the way of making the world have a living economy and politic. I haven't finished it, but it's the kind of game where you kind of have to take your time and replay value seems high and meaningful. If you liked FO2, you'll like this game.

Agreed. The thing that differentiates New Vegas from Fallout 3 is replay. I could never replay 3, but Im already thinking about how Im gonna play this one again, fight for a different faction, etc. There are many more story branches in this one.

Knuckle Dragger
11-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Agreed. The thing that differentiates New Vegas from Fallout 3 is replay. I could never replay 3, but Im already thinking about how Im gonna play this one again, fight for a different faction, etc. There are many more story branches in this one.

All those tunnels in Fallout 3 absolutley sucked. New Vegas flows a lot better.

snowspot66
11-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Parts of it are better parts are worse. I've been pleasantly surprised by the writing in some places. Some of it's pretty twisted and really sucks you in. Some quests actively taunt you depending on what you do.

The star cap quest gives you a really interesting ending if you are a bad boy in getting the caps.

I'm really enjoying it but as usual the best of the game will be brought out in mods.