PDA

View Full Version : Vikes players call for Childress to be fired...

Popps
11-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Six anon players made quotes to Chicago Sun Times, apparently.

More...

http://leeinks.weei.com/sports/2010/11/10/vikings-players-call-for-coach-brad-childress-to-be-fired

According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, six players on the Vikings have expressed their dislike of coach Brad Childress and their request that he be fired from his position. The players who expressed their feelings towards their coach were not named but made statements to the paper showing the team’s disapproval.

“We got too many good football players, and we won’t lay down like Dallas,” a player said.

“As much as I hate Childress, I will keep playing,” another player said.

The Vikings are 3-5 on the season and sitting third in the NFC North, just one year after playing in the NFC championship game. Minnesota travels to Chicago to face the 5-3 Bears this Sunday.

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/report-players-want-childress-fired/

Bosses can be real jerks sometimes, and a few unnamed players from the Minnesota Vikings are letting their feelings be known about their own. According to reports from the St. Paul Pioneer Press, six players from the team expressed their dislike and desire for head coach Brad Childress to be fired.

“We know that Childress doesn’t have our backs, so why should we have his?” one player said. “We’re playing for us, and we’re winning despite him.”

“We got too many good football players, and we won’t lay down like Dallas,” a player was quoted.

It’s been a frustrating season for the 3-5 Vikings. Injuries, cohesion and allegations over improper conduct concerning quarterback Brett Favre have hampered the team and topped the headlines. Childress’ job has become increasingly unstable and apparently, a few of players can’t wait for him to leave. It continues to be something new every week for Minnesota and with a critical road game this Sunday in Chicago, this latest incident certainly won’t help matters.

BroncoDoug
11-10-2010, 05:32 PM
What does this have to do with the firing of McDofus?

_Oro_
11-10-2010, 05:33 PM
I hrd on d lt rail unnmd srz rymz wit Leffler wntz McDz frd.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Sounds like more bull**** from the sports media.

“We got too many good football players, and we won’t lay down like Dallas,” a player said.

?

Sorry, that just sounds like nonsense. And they were talking to a Chicago paper? Anyone else corroborating these quotes?

colonelbeef
11-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Bunch of pussies going unnamed.

If you are going to be enough of an ass to call for a guy's job, at least have the balls to back it up with your name.

Los Broncos
11-10-2010, 06:11 PM
I wonder how much Flavra hates him.

broncosteven
11-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Another couple weeks of losing and we might be seeing the same thing coming out of here.

PRBronco
11-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Another couple weeks of losing and we might be seeing the same thing coming out of here.

Never! The Mane remains loyal to McD!

;)

mkporter
11-10-2010, 06:36 PM

Maybe, although a lot of people actually expected the Vikings to be very good this year. Not so much the case with us.

strafen
11-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Another couple weeks of losing and we might be seeing the same thing coming out of here.This thread got the markings of anothe Popps classic. Ha!

strafen
11-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Maybe, although a lot of people actually expected the Vikings to be very good this year. Not so much the case with us.

I agree.
I for one would criticize the guy for even entertaining the thought of still wanting to get Favre. I mean, this is if anything a desperate coach.

They've got a good defense, they've always had. The offense is adequate, and they have the tools to make their running game their primary weapon; instead they're relying on Favre way too much...

Dedhed
11-10-2010, 06:47 PM
What does this have to do with the firing of McDofus?

Maybe the idea that only dimwitted fans are calling for McDs head, and the players have publicly backed him?

WolfpackGuy
11-10-2010, 06:47 PM

The handpicked help he's assembled won't dare speak up...

Dedhed
11-10-2010, 06:54 PM

Talent is the operative word here. Shanahan left this team utterly devoid of it, unless you count frown cannon and whopper wrapper.

The Vikes look like the Chargers of the last 5 years. Insanely talented underachievers.

The Broncos, at 2-6, are about on par with their talent level. Which is a far greater indictment of Shanny's GM abilities than McDs.

Archer81
11-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Talent is the operative word here. Shanahan left this team utterly devoid of it, unless you count frown cannon and whopper wrapper.

The Vikes look like the Chargers of the last 5 years. Insanely talented underachievers.

The Broncos, at 2-6, are about on par with their talent level. Which is a far greater indictment of Shanny's GM abilities than McDs.

I agree with this post in its entirety.

But I suppose it will create a fire storm of epic proportions...

:Broncos:

strafen
11-10-2010, 07:04 PM

The Broncos, at 2-6, are about on par with their talent level. Which is a far greater indictment of Shanny's GM abilities than McDs.How much longer until we start accepting responsibility and quit blaming Shanahan...

McDaniels had the good fortune of having two tremendous draft periods (2009-2010) where he had some serious leverage to load up this team with talent or get at least 2 impact players. And you're saying that at 2-6 is par for the talent level?
We're in deep trouble, aren't we?

I don't remember us ever having that kind of opportunities in any draft in the past under any coach since I've been watching the Broncos

Besides, he supposedly dropped all of Shanahan's dead weight, and even dealt 4 of our starters on offense.
This is McDaniels' team, and make no bones about it...

Atwater His Ass
11-10-2010, 07:15 PM
How can anyone say with a straight face that Shanahan didn't leave this team with talent? He had assembled the best young offense in football and had Champ Baily and Doom on defense.

To say that talent wasn't on the roster is beyond ignorant.

Popps
11-10-2010, 07:23 PM

Yea, we had a lot of talent in the way the Bengals have a lot of talent right now.

Actually, we weren't even that good.

WolfpackGuy
11-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Talent is the operative word here. Shanahan left this team utterly devoid "of defensive talent unless you count Doom, DJ, and Champ."

Shanahan's been gone almost two years.

This has been the new staff's team for quite some time now, and the team has little to show at the end of the day for all the moves it has made unless you think 3 separate 4 game losing streaks are positives.

Requiem
11-10-2010, 07:32 PM
We had some talented players, but we went through dramatic scheme shifts which could have altered the impact of the talent level those players brought to the field.

Changed offenses, changed defenses. Pieces had to go, pieces had to come.

Certainly, the results haven't been there, but one can be hopeful that eventually we will go in the right direction.

I would like to think that a healthy team, not obliterated by injuries would fair better than 2-6. Just wishful thinking though.

Archer81
11-10-2010, 07:33 PM
How can anyone say with a straight face that Shanahan didn't leave this team with talent? He had assembled the best young offense in football and had Champ Baily and Doom on defense.

...and 9 Nate Websters.

And how can an offense be the best if its 16th in scoring?

broncosteven
11-10-2010, 07:35 PM

I forgot that Lonnie (Bob) Paxton is the highest paid LS for a reason!

Requiem
11-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Keep in mind Elvis flourished more under the new scheme than he did under Shanahan and our ring-around-the-rosey of DCs, so is it necessarily fair to attribute his Pro-Bowl level of play under a regime who wasn't here and didn't make that happen?

(Elvis was obviously a talented pass rusher prior, but nothing like we saw last season.)

rbackfactory80
11-10-2010, 07:38 PM
I guess Randy Moss did his best Thomas Paine impersonation.

Dedhed
11-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I agree with this post in its entirety.

But I suppose it will create a fire storm of epic proportions...

Of course it will bring fire. The truth in the face of appearances always does.

Dedhed
11-10-2010, 07:42 PM
This has been the new staff's team for quite some time now,

Here's the proof you're being absurd. I won't go further unless you REALLY need me to spell things out for you.

strafen
11-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Keep in mind Elvis flourished more under the new scheme than he did under Shanahan and our ring-around-the-rosey of DCs, so is it necessarily fair to attribute his Pro-Bowl level of play under a regime who wasn't here and didn't make that happen?

(Elvis was obviously a talented pass rusher prior, but nothing like we saw last season.)

He was playing Mike Nolan's defense. It's tough to say if under Martindale he was going to have the same kind of success...
I don't doubt Dumervil's awesome play-making abilities, but I'd say another 17-sack season would've been unheard of...

WolfpackGuy
11-10-2010, 07:47 PM

Definitely a breakout year, but 10 of his 17 sacks came in the first 6 games when teams were still feeling out Nolan.

Dedhed
11-10-2010, 07:50 PM
How much longer until we start accepting responsibility and quit blaming Shanahan...At least as long as we're handicapped by players like Jarvis Moss.

McDaniels had the good fortune of having two tremendous draft periods (2009-2010) where he had some serious leverage to load up this team with talent or get at least 2 impact players. And you're saying that at 2-6 is par for the talent level?Yes. If you're expecting first and second year players to carry your team, you're being absurdly unrealistic.

We're in deep trouble, aren't we?In terms of what? This season? Yes.
As a franchise? Our prospects are far better than they were 2 years ago.

I don't remember us ever having that kind of opportunities in any draft in the past under any coach since I've been watching the BroncosSo you either have to attribute that to Shanahan's pitiful record, or McD's dealings. Which is it?

Besides, he supposedly dropped all of Shanahan's dead weight, and even dealt 4 of our starters on offense.If you're imagining that you can actually turn over an NFL roster in 18 months, then you aren't dealing in reality.
This is McDaniels' team, and make no bones about it...you're about 62% right

Taco John
11-10-2010, 07:58 PM
This is the absolute most gutless kind of thing I think a player can do is go to the media "off the record" and have a go at the coach or another player. If you have something to say, say it in front of a camera or on a microphone. Or let the reporter know to quote you. This is just weak.

WolfpackGuy
Here's the proof you're being absurd. I won't go further unless you REALLY need me to spell things out for you.

Can't be anymore absurd than saying the 2008 team had no talent across the board.

The 2007 Dolphins, now THAT was a team devoid of talent.

strafen
[QUOTE]At least as long as we're handicapped by players like Jarvis Moss.Yeah, I can see how Moss has been at fault by our demise. It's not lijke Jarvis Moss has a say in staying on the team, right?

Yes. If you're expecting first and second year players to carry your team, you're being absurdly unrealistic.We've acquired more FA players than 1-2 year. We havd replacement players for players let go that didn't have to go...

In terms of what? This season? Yes.
As a franchise? Our prospects are far better than they were 2 years ago.That's what I'm saying. In terms of what? Prospects of what?

So you either have to attribute that to Shanahan's pitiful record, or McD's dealings. Which is it?I couldn't have been more clear. It's not that confusing. Please re-read...

If you're imagining that you can actually turn over an NFL roster in 18 months, then you aren't dealing in reality.
you're about 62% rightYes, McDaniels still have players from the old regime. Literally is not his team per-se, if you want to be technical about it, but the players that now make up THIS team is HIS team.
They're there because McDaniels wanted them on the team to make up HIS team...

Requiem
11-10-2010, 08:02 PM
He was playing Mike Nolan's defense. It's tough to say if under Martindale he was going to have the same kind of success...
I don't doubt Dumervil's awesome play-making abilities, but I'd say another 17-sack season would've been unheard of...

You are probably right, but I think he would have still done well in the 3-4.

Perhaps some of Martindale's game-planning and abilities went away when we lost Elvis' dynamic,

However, I would agree -- I don't think Elvis would have did what he did last year this year. Jared Allen is struggling a bit this year, because teams are doublin' him up and chippin' him big at the line.

Here is to Elvis going bonkers next year.

^5

Dr. Broncenstein
11-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Brad Chidress can suck mah baws. You can quote me on that.

Dedhed
11-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Can't be anymore absurd than saying the 2008 team had no talent across the board.

I really enjoyed watching the Broncos in the playoffs that year.

If this is really your argument, I rest my case.

Requiem
Brad Chidress can suck mah baws. You can quote me on that.

:yayaya: Vikings fans are giving you a big 10-4 on that.

Jesterhole

It's funny how the McFail fanboy bandwagon has latched on to hating Shanahan as well. You know, the man who actually did great things for this franchise.

Requiem
11-10-2010, 08:08 PM
I want to know the secrets of Shanahan's tanning abilities.

strafen
11-10-2010, 08:11 PM
It's funny how the McFail fanboy bandwagon has latched on to hating Shanahan as well. You know, the man who actually did great things for this franchise.

Dhanahan was held to the highest standard. Two championships to the city of Denver and the fans all over.

Now the standard is that 2-6 is good based on the talent level...
We must understand that! ^5

bombay
11-10-2010, 08:11 PM
I'd like to see Eric Bienemy get the CU job.

strafen
11-10-2010, 08:18 PM
This is the absolute most gutless kind of thing I think a player can do is go to the media "off the record" and have a go at the coach or another player. If you have something to say, say it in front of a camera or on a microphone. Or let the reporter know to quote you. This is just weak.Childress' got to be a headcase by now.
If this isn't bad enough, his job was already being threatened by the F.O for the signing of Moss.
He's got to be feeling eyes behind his back.
unless they make the play-offs he may not even finish the season.
Two games under .500 could get him canned...

Dedhed
11-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I can see how Moss has been at fault by our demise. It's not lijke Jarvis Moss has a say in staying on the team, right?his contract might. I'm sure that Bowlen is just super excited about paying Shanahan's terrible 1st rounders millions on top of paying Shanahan millions.

We've acquired more FA players than 1-2 year. We havd replacement players for players let go that didn't have to go...

That's what I'm saying. I couldn't have been more clear. It's not that confusing. Please re-read...Really? Josina's Tweets are clearer than this.

Yes, McDaniels still have players from the old regime.This reminds me of Rambo III. You know where Sly takes on the Ruskies yet again.

Literally is not his team per-se, if you want to be technical about it, but the players that now make up THIS team is HIS team."I is kill your argumentum!"

McD's portion of the team is 1st and 2nd year players, unless you want to count Dawkins, Lloyd, Orton, Bannen. If you're expecting a team made predominantly of Rookies and 2nd year guys to compete in this league, you're beyond absurd.

Dedhed
11-10-2010, 08:31 PM
I want to know the secrets of Shanahan's tanning abilities.

Do whatever it takes to ensure that a constant stream camera lights points in your direction.

Bench Mcnabb for Grossman if they lose sight of you.

Dedhed
11-10-2010, 08:35 PM
I'd like to see Eric Bienemy get the CU job.

I would too. I'm not sure it would help, but I think he deserves the chance.

strafen
11-10-2010, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE]his contract might. I'm sure that Bowlen is just super excited about paying Shanahan's terrible 1st rounders millions on top of paying Shanahan millions.Yup. Jarvis Green comes to mind

"I is kill your argumentum!"

McD's portion of the team is 1st and 2nd year players, unless you want to count Dawkins, Lloyd, Orton, Bannen. If you're expecting a team made predominantly of Rookies and 2nd year guys to compete in this league, you're beyond absurd.I'm not expecting anything.
Stay on cue and help me out here. I'm just saying this 2010 Broncos Team, is Mcdaniels team no matter how you cut it.
It's really that simple, trust me...
This is not arguable...

lostknight
11-10-2010, 08:39 PM

And the player on the (D) that sent our entire season down the toilets when he was injured. And two starting running backs in the NFL, one of which will be a pro-bowl player. And a pro-bowl corner..and... wait, what was your point again?

Oh yes, non-nonsensical blind hysteria.

Dedhed
11-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Dhanahan was held to the highest standard.

I guess if a playoff victory once every decade is "the highest standard" we can hold Josh to it as well.

That gives McD 8 more years to get us a playoff win.

Dedhed
11-10-2010, 08:42 PM
And the player on the (D) that sent our entire season down the toilets when he was injured. And two starting running backs in the NFL, one of which will be a pro-bowl player. And a pro-bowl corner..and... wait, what was your point again?

Oh yes, non-nonsensical blind hysteria.

Koutovides. Do you want me to go on?

Dedhed
11-10-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm not expecting anything.
Stay on cue and help me out here. I'm just saying this 2010 Broncos Team, is Mcdaniels team no matter how you cut it.
It's really that simple, trust me...
This is not arguable...

Yes, trust a rambling troll that can't type past 4 in the afternoon. Sure.

You're clearly expecting something unrealistic if you're surprised, and complaining,about our current record.

broncosteven
11-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Koutovides. Do you want me to go on?

We did trade for Joe Mays this year right?

Requiem
11-10-2010, 08:56 PM
JOE MAYS.

Pride of the Bison.

strafen
11-10-2010, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE]Yes, trust a rambling troll that can't type past 4 in the afternoon. Sure. Not sure what that means, but if that makes your argument more credible, then more power to ya'

You're clearly expecting something unrealistic if you're surprised, and complaining,about our current record.

I'm pretty sure you were not completely surprised of our current record, huh?
You saw that coming from a mile away, didn't ya'? ROFL!

And for the record, I'm not surprised at our record. 2-6. It was pretty easy to see where we were heading when we saw Mcdaniels making bonehead moves after another...

I guess if a playoff victory once every decade is "the highest standard" we can hold Josh to it as well.

That gives McD 8 more years to get us a playoff win. Josh is 2-6
10-15 in his career, has not beaten a divisional opponent in out house.
Wake me up when McDaniels wins 2 SB with any team in his career not including as offensive coordinator, or defensive back coach ROFL!

broncosteven
11-10-2010, 08:58 PM
...Josh is 2-6
Wake me up when McDaniels wins 2 SB with any team in his career not including as offensive coordinator, or defensive back coach ROFL!

Is that a Freudian slip?

Dedhed
11-10-2010, 09:00 PM

Shanahan's "great doings" for this franchise are more a testament to how bad Reeves and "Dallas fail" were as HCs. Elway would have 5 rings with a coach who could spell "Elway".

But maybe we can trade Tebow for Grossman and be better in the 2:00 offense.

Dedhed
11-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Josh is 2-6

Okay, if that's your tack, wake me up when McDaniels only has 2 SB rings in the next 14 years. Oh, and give me Peyton Manning.

See how dumb that comes off?

Dedhed
11-10-2010, 09:08 PM

Yes, for a player that hasn't played a snap in the NFL.

baja
11-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Shanahan's "great doings" for this franchise are more a testament to how bad Reeves and "Dallas fail" were as HCs. Elway would have 5 rings with a coach who could spell "Elway".

Now that was funny.

baja
11-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Okay, if that's your tack, wake me up when McDaniels only has 2 SB rings in the next 14 years. Oh, and give me Peyton Manning.

...and so was that. You're on a roll. ;D

HAT
11-10-2010, 09:38 PM

Have you ever stopped and considered the fact that some of us haven't 'latched on' to any such thing? Sure, there are some fence riding McD fans who will try to justify his shortcomings by just now pointing out Shanny's as well....But, some of us saw it for what it was 3 years ago.

I personally root for McD precisely because he is NOT Shanahan. Mike Shanahan was one of the top ten greatest things to happen to this franchise but that ship sailed many, many years ago. Thanks Mr. Bowlen for going back on your "coach for life" stance. That sh*t don't fly in today's NFL.

Mike Shanahan may very well lead a team to a SB victory within the next 10 years. The Denver Broncos may very well win a SB within the next 10 years. But there is no way in hell that it would've happened together. None.

With few exceptions, years 3-6 are the money years for a HC in the NFL. Shanny was well past that. A guy like Kub's is quickly approaching the point of no return for Houston. Does that mean they are bad coaches? Of course not. It's just not the right combination of HC/Team at the right time.

I have no problem with the people around here who hate McD....But the ones who think that the Denver Broncos would be any closer to a SB championship in 2010 if Mike Shanhan was still the HC are serious farktards.

Just like these stupid ****s who are rooting for losses and a better draft slot...WTF? Go baby, go, coach Not-Shanahan. If McD is not the one then he's not the one. Let's see where he's at after his contract. If they are threatening, extend....Then if it doesn't get done between years 3-6 then I will be all in on coach Not-McD.

Popps
11-10-2010, 09:38 PM

Yea, but we gave away a nobody RB who we may have cut and acquired him for depth.

Nikko was basically the premiere free agent move we made to salvage a defense.

It's not really a good comparison.

Atwater His Ass
11-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Shanahan's "great doings" for this franchise are more a testament to how bad Reeves and "Dallas fail" were as HCs.

Wow.

HAT
11-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Is that a Freudian slip?

No....He just can't ****ing add.

strafen
11-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Is that a Freudian slip?

Haha, I meant our house Ha!
And 10-14 could very well be 10-15 if McD doesn't get it together...

broncocalijohn
11-10-2010, 10:52 PM
I wonder how much Flavra hates him.

he would have been the 7th player but he was off with the photographer showing her where the next batch of gray hair will be sprouting.

Jason in LA
11-10-2010, 11:11 PM
T

McD has gotten rid of most of the Shanny guys. The bulk of this team are players that he brought in. So I don't see how Shanny can be blamed here.

All McD really had to do was maintain the offense that he was given and fix the defense. But he blew up the whole thing. This is all McD. Shanny has nothing to do with this current team.

WolfpackGuy
11-11-2010, 05:04 AM
I really enjoyed watching the Broncos in the playoffs that year.

If this is really your argument, I rest my case.

2-6 with not much reason for hope is so much better.

Covering your eyes and ears to what's been going under the new management doesn't change it.

But keep on fighting the good fight though.

Jesterhole
11-11-2010, 05:30 AM

Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm not going to argue some bull**** hypothetical about what some other coaches could have done for Elway. Shanahan ****ing did it...built a TEAM around him, brought in Alex Gibbs and the zone blocking scheme, all the incredible free agents like Zim and Eddie, drafted TD, coached brilliantly during two playoffs runs, and got it done.

Show some respect.

Jesterhole
11-11-2010, 05:35 AM

Ooohhh...you're a ****ing moron. OK, nevermind...don't bother answering my post above. Ask Baja to move over a little and give you room in the circle. You might have to wait until he's done first though...he's a bit backed up with all this Shanahan hate going around. It pumps him up.

ShutDownPoster
11-11-2010, 05:53 AM

Now way that happens with anyone on the Broncos roster. They would immediately give up their job security. At least here, even with their mediocre talent they are guaranteed a starter. Ha!

Dedhed
11-11-2010, 06:05 AM
McD has gotten rid of most of the Shanny guys. The bulk of this team are players that he brought in. So I don't see how Shanny can be blamed here.Follow the bouncing ball, I already answered this. McD's guys are 1st and second year players. If those guys make up the corps of your roster you're not going to compete in this league.

Having to dump Shanahan's dead weight made that a necessity. Unless you were going to believe Shanny when he said "we're close" for another 10 years.

All McD really had to do was maintain the offense that he was given and fix the defense. But he blew up the whole thing. This is all McD. Shanny has nothing to do with this current team.Anyone still using the argument that ditching Cutler was a bad move clearly has no clue.

Saying Shanahan has nothing to do with this team is miserably short-sighted. You're either flat out lying, or completely ignorant.

baja
11-11-2010, 06:07 AM
Ooohhh...you're a ****ing moron. OK, nevermind...don't bother answering my post above. Ask Baja to move over a little and give you room in the circle. You might have to wait until he's done first though...he's a bit backed up with all this Shanahan hate going around. It pumps him up.

Seriously if I was as enamored with Shanahan as you seem to be I really think I would chose to follow him instead of a team. You can be a fan of a coach just as easily as you can be a fan of a team. What is the difference really. Why not be a fan to the reason your team is winning. You clearly believe Shanny is the reason the Broncos were winners. They lost super bowls before he got here and have been very bad since he left. Where is it written you have to be a fan of a team. I think you would receive more fan joy if you started supporting the team Shanny works for. In this day and age you can follow any team with equal access. Life is short follow your bliss.

Dedhed
11-11-2010, 06:13 AM
Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm not going to argue some bull**** hypothetical about what some other coaches could have done for Elway. Shanahan ****ing did it...built a TEAM around him, brought in Alex Gibbs and the zone blocking scheme, all the incredible free agents like Zim and Eddie, drafted TD, coached brilliantly during two playoffs runs, and got it done.

Show some respect.
Shanahan was a great coach if given great talent. I'll give him that.

But only before he started believing the "Mastermind" talk and constantly out-coaching himself. And as far building a team, the SB team was built before Shanny had free reign with personnel.

He was a horrible talent evaluator and this franchise did nothing but leak oil under Shanahan after Elway left.

tsiguy96
11-11-2010, 06:14 AM
Follow the bouncing ball, I already answered this. McD's guys are 1st and second year players. If those guys make up the corps of your roster you're not going to compete in this league.

Having to dump Shanahan's dead weight made that a necessity. Unless you were going to believe Shanny when he said "we're close" for another 10 years.

Anyone still using the argument that ditching Cutler was a bad move clearly has no clue.

Saying Shanahan has nothing to do with this team is miserably short-sighted. You're either flat out lying, or completely ignorant.

just give up, i did. it doenst matter how many times they are proven wrong, they will twist the argument to something entirely different and basically ignore what you said.

Dedhed
11-11-2010, 06:20 AM
Covering your eyes and ears to what's been going under the new management doesn't change it.
Covering eyes and ears to the fact that this team needed a complete rebuild is exactly what the McD haters have done since he came here. It's the basis of the entire division of this board.

To me it's absurd that people still believe that Shanahan was "just a few pieces away" when he said that for more than a decade with no improvement.

It's absurd that people still believe that Cutler is ever going to lead a team anywhere but into the gutter.

It's absurd that people think rebuilding a team in a year is easy, and that McDaniels should have this team SB ready by now.

WolfpackGuy
11-11-2010, 06:39 AM
Covering eyes and ears to the fact that this team needed a complete rebuild is exactly what the McD haters have done since he came here. It's the basis of the entire division of this board.

To me it's absurd that people still believe that Shanahan was "just a few pieces away" when he said that for more than a decade with no improvement.

It's absurd that people still believe that Cutler is ever going to lead a team anywhere but into the gutter.

It's absurd that people think rebuilding a team in a year is easy, and that McDaniels should have this team SB ready by now.

Is .500 ready too much to ask?

That might be okay with Cheaps and Faid fans, but that doesn't fly around here.

Especially considering the ways the team and coaching find to lose games.

If you make bold ****** moves, you better show bold ****** results!

Jesterhole
11-11-2010, 07:01 AM
Seriously if I was as enamored with Shanahan as you seem to be I really think I would chose to follow him instead of a team. You can be a fan of a coach just as easily as you can be a fan of a team. What is the difference really. Why not be a fan to the reason your team is winning. You clearly believe Shanny is the reason the Broncos were winners. They lost super bowls before he got here and have been very bad since he left. Where is it written you have to be a fan of a team. I think you would receive more fan joy if you started supporting the team Shanny works for. In this day and age you can follow any team with equal access. Life is short follow your bliss.

I was enamored with Shanahan because he made my team into a winner, and took away decades of taunts and jokes and gave me real pride in the sports world.

I'm not a fan of McDaniels because I think he isn't ready, at all, and has made a litany of bad mistakes, which far out weight the good things he has accomplished. I want my team to be a winner again, and I don't think we'll achieve that with McFailboat leading the charge.

Oh, and thanks for reverting to 'go somewhere else, you're not a true fan like me' that your circle jerk buddies love pounce on. Really, you guys need to find another tactic...

Dedhed
11-11-2010, 07:04 AM
Is .500 ready too much to ask?

That might be okay with Cheaps and Faid fans, but that doesn't fly around here.

Especially considering the ways the team and coaching find to lose games.

If you make bold ****** moves, you better show bold ****** results!Still ignoring the fact that this team was in dire need of a complete rebuild. It's absurd.

Jesterhole
11-11-2010, 07:05 AM

I don't think we should be SB ready right now. Hell, I would have accepted treading water. But we've gone backwards since McDaniels has gotten here. Our O-line was considered one of the best and youngest, now it's swiss cheese. Our offense was rated #2 and had players that could scare you...now we have not a single player other teams worry about. Our defense has just gotten older.

What has he done since he got here? Chased off the most talented players? Chased off the D-coordinator over some power trip? Gutted our vaunted rushing attack and replaced it with THE WORST IN THE NFL?!

But hey, we should give him like three more years because maybe, one day...he'll get it right and then you won't look stupid.

Dedhed
11-11-2010, 07:09 AM
I was enamored with Shanahan because he made my team into a winner, and took away decades of taunts and jokes and gave me real pride in the sports world.
How many decades were you willing to hold onto '97 and '98 as the comeback to those taunts and jokes going forward?

Do you see how that makes you like Raider fans who have nothing but the past to cling to?

Dedhed
11-11-2010, 07:13 AM
Hell, I would have accepted treading water. But we've gone backwards since McDaniels has gotten here.

This is the absurdity that for some reason people can't get their heads around.

Expecting not to have to take a step back is the absurdity that I'm talking about.

Treading water is what we did with Shanahan for a decade, and it is the reason we never moved forward. Shanahan never tried to rebuild, he always patched it together for just enough wins to make people think he was close.

But he didn't move forward at all.

Jesterhole
11-11-2010, 07:18 AM
How many decades were you willing to hold onto '97 and '98 as the comeback to those taunts and jokes going forward?

Do you see how that makes you like Raider fans who have nothing but the past to cling to?

I'm holding onto the memories for the rest of my life. The Raiders have pride in their team because they had teams like ours...fleeting moments in the sun where your team is the best and everyone else can suck on it.

I want to move forward, believe me...well past the McFail era. I was merely responding to the rash of anti-Shanahan rhetoric that has spawned in defense of McDaniels around here. It's stupid to bash the 2nd most important person in franchise history in order to defend some worthless POS like Josh.

tsiguy96
11-11-2010, 07:20 AM
I'm holding onto the memories for the rest of my life. The Raiders have pride in their team because they had teams like ours...fleeting moments in the sun where your team is the best and everyone else can suck on it.

I want to move forward, believe me...well past the McFail era. I was merely responding to the rash of anti-Shanahan rhetoric that has spawned in defense of McDaniels around here. It's stupid to bash the 2nd most important person in franchise history in order to defend some worthless POS like Josh.

its not stupid to bash him if the criticism is justified. just because he won 2 superbowls here doesnt make him immune from any and all criticism, sorry to tell you. he was never going to do anything in denver again, and his postseason record after the superbowls proved that. but they were always 1 player away...

Jason in LA
11-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Follow the bouncing ball, I already answered this. McD's guys are 1st and second year players. If those guys make up the corps of your roster you're not going to compete in this league.

Anyone still using the argument that ditching Cutler was a bad move clearly has no clue.

You're really out to lunch. That spin job is comical. Say what you want about getting rid of dead weight on the defense, because it sucked ass the final two and a half years under Shanahan. But McD had a lot to work with on offense, and he blew that up too. That was a mistake. What he had to work with he got rid of.

You say that this team is filled with a lot of 1st and 2nd year players, well we're not talking about rookies and 2rd year in the league players. There are some young guys starting, but a lot of these guys are vets. It sounds like you're saying that these guys just need more time in this system, like this team needs to come together. Well that's BS. This roster isn't any good. This roster can stay together for the next five years and they'd still suck. If it's not the roster, then fine, it's the coaching. There are problems everywhere.

I try to avoid comparing McD with Shanny because nobody should expect a 2nd year head coach to go 13-3 and then win back-to-back Super Bowl in year three and four, but I find your points off base, and Shanny's first couple of years in Denver proves it. When he took over as coach he made a lot of changes, but he built around vets that he inherited. Obviously he had Elway and Sharpe on offense. He also had Zimmerman, Habib, and Nalan on the O line. He didn't just run those guys off. And he had Rod Smith on the roster. On D he had Steve Atwater, Ray Crockett, Allen Aldridge, and Harold Hasselbach (started Super Bowl XXXIII if I'm remembering right). He had Jason Elam and Tom Rouen (a serviceable punter).

The point is that he had something to work with and he built upon it instead of just blowing the whole thing up. He took a middle of the road team and turned them into winners.

I understand that McD didn't have a few HOF players to work with (those same HOF players went 8-8 the year before Shanny got there), but you don't need a roster of HOF players to win in today's NFL. You don't need HOF players to win 10 games in a season. How many HOFers were playing on the Broncos from from '04 to '06, when the Broncos won 10 games twice and 13 games once? Nobody is calling for a Super Bowl run in McD's 2nd or 3rd season, or a 13-3 season like Shanny did in year two. But 2-6 to start year two and losing 14 out of 18?!?! I call BS on that.

McD inherited a middle of the road team with some pieces to build on (just like Shanny did). Those pieces are pretty much gone and now we have this turd of a team. I could understand if they were still a middle of the road team. I could at least deal with that. But this? Sorry, this is BS, and this is all McD. So what happens next year if this team sucks again?

At what point will it be McD's fault? Or is it always going to be that Shanny screwed things up?

strafen
11-11-2010, 07:50 AM
its not stupid to bash him if the criticism is justified. just because he won 2 superbowls here doesnt make him immune from any and all criticism, sorry to tell you. he was never going to do anything in denver again, and his postseason record after the superbowls proved that. but they were always 1 player away...

I like 2-6 better!

_Oro_
11-11-2010, 08:07 AM
You're really out to lunch. That spin job is comical. Say what you want about getting rid of dead weight on the defense, because it sucked ass the final two and a half years under Shanahan. But McD had a lot to work with on offense, and he blew that up too. That was a mistake. What he had to work with he got rid of.

You say that this team is filled with a lot of 1st and 2nd year players, well we're not talking about rookies and 2rd year in the league players. There are some young guys starting, but a lot of these guys are vets. It sounds like you're saying that these guys just need more time in this system, like this team needs to come together. Well that's BS. This roster isn't any good. This roster can stay together for the next five years and they'd still suck. If it's not the roster, then fine, it's the coaching. There are problems everywhere.

I try to avoid comparing McD with Shanny because nobody should expect a 2nd year head coach to go 13-3 and then win back-to-back Super Bowl in year three and four, but I find your points off base, and Shanny's first couple of years in Denver proves it. When he took over as coach he made a lot of changes, but he built around vets that he inherited. Obviously he had Elway and Sharpe on offense. He also had Zimmerman, Habib, and Nalan on the O line. He didn't just run those guys off. And he had Rod Smith on the roster. On D he had Steve Atwater, Ray Crockett, Allen Aldridge, and Harold Hasselbach (started Super Bowl XXXIII if I'm remembering right). He had Jason Elam and Tom Rouen (a serviceable punter).

The point is that he had something to work with and he built upon it instead of just blowing the whole thing up. He took a middle of the road team and turned them into winners.

I understand that McD didn't have a few HOF players to work with (those same HOF players went 8-8 the year before Shanny got there), but you don't need a roster of HOF players to win in today's NFL. You don't need HOF players to win 10 games in a season. How many HOFers were playing on the Broncos from from '04 to '06, when the Broncos won 10 games twice and 13 games once? Nobody is calling for a Super Bowl run in McD's 2nd or 3rd season, or a 13-3 season like Shanny did in year two. But 2-6 to start year two and losing 14 out of 18?!?! I call BS on that.

McD inherited a middle of the road team with some pieces to build on (just like Shanny did). Those pieces are pretty much gone and now we have this turd of a team. I could understand if they were still a middle of the road team. I could at least deal with that. But this? Sorry, this is BS, and this is all McD. So what happens next year if this team sucks again?

At what point will it be McD's fault? Or is it always going to be that Shanny screwed things up?

I don't think anyone is arguing that McD should stick around if the team sucks next year.

jhns
11-11-2010, 08:31 AM
LOL @ this forum. So many excuses...

Yes, McDaniels had the worst situation of any coaching change. I mean, we were only 8-8. It must have been hell on him compared to the easy job all of those 2-4 win teams had. That must be why teams like the Rams and Redskins are only getting better. Their coaches got into much better situations. That is what everyone said when we made a change. No one wants to go to Denver because they are going to be the hardest team to work with....

The excuses here are getting pretty lame. The sarcasm above is really being used in arguments by serious posters. It is complete crap. We had the best situation of all these teams and many have improved in this short time.

No one expects McDaniels to have this team in the SB this season. The reason rationale fans aren't sucking his balls is because this team has only regressed since he has been here. He hasn't even been able to keep them level. We have gone backwards. I know, true fans like being drug into the gutter.... No real fan would want what is best for their team!

What a joke.

jhns
11-11-2010, 08:34 AM

This is a great point baja. This will be the best part of McDaniels getting fired. All of you McDaniel fans will be able to follow him and leave the Broncos to us Bronco fans.

Crushaholic
11-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Minnesota players "supposedly" talking to a Chicago paper THIS week, of all weeks. It's Vikings week in Chicago...Ha!

jhns
11-11-2010, 08:39 AM
I have one last thing to add. It is pretty funny seeing people type stuff like: "if you still think ---- move was bad, you are clueless"

Yeah, says the guy defending McDaniels moves. They must have been good as we have only gotten better with each one! Just look at the record!

You pay for your education with taxes, why not take advantage?

Chris
11-11-2010, 08:41 AM
I think the fact that this hasn't happened in Denver speaks to what our players think of Mcdaniels and his future prospects.

The guy gets one more season after this unless he totally ****s the bed this year. It's not complicated.

Popps
11-11-2010, 08:47 AM

He got rid of Cutler and Marshall, dude. Cutler was a ****ing disaster and still is... and Marshall wanted A-Rod money and is one accidental fart away from a season-long suspension. Neither was a leader, and neither position has suffered since they left. In fact, both replacements are outplaying the guys who left.

McD's biggest challenge was replacing an aging O-line with players who could run a power-scheme, which just doesn't happen overnight.

Clady, Kuper, Royal, Larsen, Stokely and others remained as key parts to the offense.

Conversely, he was left next to nothing on defense... and all but a few players had to be replaced.

This notion that McDaniels "blew something up" is ****ing nonsense and has been factually dispelled hundreds of times around here.

We were ****. That's why Shanahan lost his job. If we weren't ****, he'd still be our coach. When your team is ****, it takes a while to fix it.

Popps
11-11-2010, 08:50 AM
This is the absurdity that for some reason people can't get their heads around.

Expecting not to have to take a step back is the absurdity that I'm talking about.

But, Shanahan left McDaniels a Pro Bowl quarterback!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a9lIvnAr01Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a9lIvnAr01Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

jhns
11-11-2010, 08:53 AM
He got rid of Cutler and Marshall, dude. Cutler was a ****ing disaster and still is... and Marshall wanted A-Rod money and is one accidental fart away from a season-long suspension. Neither was a leader, and neither position has suffered since they left. In fact, both replacements are outplaying the guys who left.

McD's biggest challenge was replacing an aging O-line with players who could run a power-scheme, which just doesn't happen overnight.

Clady, Kuper, Royal, Larsen, Stokely and others remained as key parts to the offense.

Conversely, he was left next to nothing on defense... and all but a few players had to be replaced.

This notion that McDaniels "blew something up" is ****ing nonsense and has been factually dispelled hundreds of times around here.

We were ****. That's why Shanahan lost his job. If we weren't ****, he'd still be our coach. When your team is ****, it takes a while to fix it.

There were much worse teams that made coaching changes when, or after, we did. Lots of these teams are now better than this one. Your excuses for McDaniels are lame and not very well thought out. He didn't have the worst situation when he came here and yet he is doing worse than teams like the Rams and Redskins.

You guys defending his moves are just funny. "They were great moves and this has been proven here many times. Just look at how much better we are now!"

LOL

Dumbasses.

Taco John
11-11-2010, 08:54 AM
This is a great point baja. This will be the best part of McDaniels getting fired. All of you McDaniel fans will be able to follow him and leave the Broncos to us Bronco fans.

Ok, now that's funny...

jhns
11-11-2010, 08:55 AM
But, Shanahan left McDaniels a Pro Bowl quarterback!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a9lIvnAr01Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a9lIvnAr01Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Funny that you say this. That pro bowl QB has led more 4th quarter comebacks for his team than this team has wins. Meanwhile, Orton is completing %40 of his passes in the red zone and has a 60 something QB rating when this team is within 7 in the 4th.

That move sure worked in our favor!

Homer Simpson
11-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Minnesota players "supposedly" talking to a Chicago paper THIS week, of all weeks. It's Vikings week in Chicago...Ha!

Shhhhhhhhh.

Get back on topic dude.

jhns
11-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Meanwhile, Orton is completing %40 of his passes in the red zone and has a 60 something QB rating when this team is within 7 in the 4th.

My edit won't work but but this needs corrected. It isn't when we are within 7. He has a 68 QB rating when we are behind by 7 or less in the 4th.

Popps
11-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Ok, now that's funny...

Conditional rooting is even funnier.

jhns
11-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Conditional rooting is even funnier.

There are very few people that don't root for this team to win just because they don't like the coach. They aren't the Denver McDaniels....

Your trollish third grade logic is the funniest.

HAT
11-11-2010, 10:56 AM
There are very few people that don't root for this team to win just because they don't like the coach.

There are more than a few who do not want Denver to win more games this season. Some because they want a better draft slot & some because they want McX fired.

I'm not sure where you stand b/c you always skirt the issue. If you could choose Denver's final record for 2010, what would it be?

Dedhed
11-11-2010, 12:07 PM
But McD had a lot to work with on offense, and he blew that up too. That was a mistake. What he had to work with he got rid of.

Again, anyone still thinking that getting rid of Cutler and Marshall was a mistake just doesn't get it.

It's absurd.

Dedhed
11-11-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm holding onto the memories for the rest of my life.

Holding onto memories isn't the issue. Holding onto obsolete personnel just because they're attached to those memories is.

colonelbeef
11-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Again, anyone still thinking that getting rid of Cutler and Marshall was a mistake just doesn't get it.

It's absurd.

You're right! The offense is now better and the Broncos are in a better position personnel wise than they were.

Except this is totally false, and you are %100 ***king wrong.

Must be nice, living in fantasy world

Dedhed
11-11-2010, 02:47 PM
You're right! The offense is now better and the Broncos are in a better position personnel wise than they were.

Except this is totally false, and you are %100 ****ing wrong.

Must be nice, living in fantasy world

Good post. Well reasoned. Not founded on baseless emotion at all.

/sarcasm

Atwater His Ass
11-11-2010, 06:49 PM
2-6.

Sounds like it's founded on undisputable reasoning.

strafen
11-11-2010, 06:55 PM
I have one last thing to add. It is pretty funny seeing people type stuff like: "if you still think ---- move was bad, you are clueless"

Yeah, says the guy defending McDaniels moves. They must have been good as we have only gotten better with each one! Just look at the record!

You pay for your education with taxes, why not take advantage?That's freakin' hilarious!

baja
11-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Ok, now that's funny...

Ya know what's not funny.

The long list of great posters that have gotten fed up with the trolls you encourage to post and have moved on to real Broncos boards.

the OM report card

2001 A+

2002 A+

2003 A+

2004 A+

2005 A

2006 A

2007 A-

2008 A

2009 C

2010 D

Hamrob
11-12-2010, 10:46 PM

The Broncos, at 2-6, are about on par with their talent level. Which is a far greater indictment of Shanny's GM abilities than McDs.What an assinine post. Our offense was one of...if not the best in the entire NFL at the time. Our offensive line was the best and youngest line in the enire NFL at the time. This team was hardly devoid of talent.

McDaniels has somehow found a way to take two steps backwards from two years ago...and you want to bring Shanny into the conversation. What an idiot!

tsiguy96
11-12-2010, 10:57 PM
What an assinine post. Our offense was one of...if not the best in the entire NFL at the time. Our offensive line was the best and youngest line in the enire NFL at the time. This team was hardly devoid of talent.

McDaniels has somehow found a way to take two steps backwards from two years ago...and you want to bring Shanny into the conversation. What an idiot!

this teams offense was one of hte best in the NFL at shanahan/cutlers peak? youre delusional. they were good and above average, but not even close to top 5.

Archer81
11-12-2010, 11:05 PM
What an assinine post. Our offense was one of...if not the best in the entire NFL at the time. Our offensive line was the best and youngest line in the enire NFL at the time. This team was hardly devoid of talent.

Offenses score points. They dont win because they put up pretty numbers. The 2008 offense did not score 30 a game week in and out. They were also horrible in the redzone. I also have the feeling that if Mike had not been fired, he would have had to replace interior offensive linemen just like Josh had to do, and Mike would have had to sign free agents on defense as stopgaps.

The team lacked talented depth. Starters always get hurt. We had no one of substance to fill in, and the defense...when 9 out of the 11 starters are scrubs, it is not shocking Denver's defense was horrific...throw in a ****ty coordinator and well...