PDA

View Full Version : Josh McDaniels presser - We have an opportunity for a fresh start

baja
11-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Josh on bye week tweaks and the opportunity we have playing the Chiefs

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/index.html

Baba Booey
11-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Comeback starts Sunday.

Mile High Shack
11-10-2010, 11:01 AM
I wish he'd stop wearing that stupid hoodie...that's all I got

baja
11-10-2010, 11:06 AM

I wish someone would buy him a handkerchief. Either that or he'd quit the cocaine.

Quoydogs
11-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Does it worry anybody that he says we are going to keep trying the same stuff?

oubronco
11-10-2010, 11:12 AM

Go with what you know I guess

Quoydogs
11-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Go with what you know I guess

That's the problem. Evey one knows what he is going to do. I would like it if he said we need to change what we have done and start to move forward.

baja
11-10-2010, 11:15 AM

Except that is not exactly what he is saying.

More like keep what works well for us like play action and tweak what doesn't like the running game and get back to the 3 - 4

Rabb
11-10-2010, 11:18 AM

I wish he would stop pushing the hoodie sleeves up, exposing the other long sleeve shirt

it annoys the **** out of me

go_broncos
11-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Did he say "We need to be smart, strong and Physical"..

PRBronco
11-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah **** that mother****er and his cold during cold and flu season. This is out of hand, fire him Bowlen.

Homer Simpson
11-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Why are people concentrating on his wardrobe and nose? He wears a hoodie like he did when he was a co-ordinator and he is sniffing. I know lots of people who have a sniffle in the office here. It's 20 degrees out!

any recap for those who can't watch in work?

:)

baja
11-10-2010, 11:29 AM
did he say "we need to be smart, strong and physical"..

no but he dd say he has gotten some good ideas from go_broncos

crush17
11-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Not to be nit-picky, but...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=94962

strafen
11-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Go with what you know I guessThat's the equivalent of Shanahan saying he's keeping Slowik as his DC.
Very depressing...

Mcdaniels speaks a pretty line. He talks the stuff that people love to hear, the stuff people rave about (baja) about how smart the guy is, when in reality he's just saying the stuff all coaches do, except that Mcdaniels doesn't practice what he preaches; tough, smart, football team! Hilarious!

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got"

strafen
11-10-2010, 11:35 AM
I wish he would stop pushing the hoodie sleeves up, exposing the other long sleeve shirt

it annoys the **** out of meWow, a homer gone bad! :rofl:

lostknight
11-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Josh on bye week tweaks and the opportunity we have playing the Chiefs

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/index.html

Given that you posted on the thread already out there on this subject, It's a bit obnoxious to start another thread.

Rabb
11-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Wow, a homer gone bad! :rofl:

in the model glue again are ya?

RaiderH8r
11-10-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm not surprised by his comments. The fact is the die is cast, we are who we are and any changes that are going to address our problems in any significant way aren't going to happen down the back stretch. So it is the presses job to ask him and it is his job to answer them but the reality is we should skeeve a win or two, possibly three, down the back stretch and head into the offseason. For all intents and purposes Denver is on the clock.

oubronco
11-10-2010, 01:07 PM
in the model glue again are ya?

Hilarious!

Mile High Shack
11-10-2010, 01:10 PM
as Shanny use to say "you are what your record is" after so many games into the season

WolfpackGuy
11-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Get back to .500, then we can talk about fresh starts.

baja
11-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Not to be nit-picky, but...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=94962

I didn't see a link to the video on that thread.

baja
11-10-2010, 01:37 PM
That's the equivalent of Shanahan saying he's keeping Slowik as his DC.
Very depressing...

Mcdaniels speaks a pretty line. He talks the stuff that people love to hear, the stuff people rave about (baja) about how smart the guy is, when in reality he's just saying the stuff all coaches do, except that Mcdaniels doesn't practice what he preaches; tough, smart, football team! Hilarious!

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got"

Many many people have advised in PMs and rep comments me to put you and others like you on ignore but I keep hoping you and your counter parts will post something different but so far no luck.

CEH
11-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Get back to .500, then we can talk about fresh starts.

That SF game was a killer. I'll say the Tenn /NYJ games were a wash as both were decided by a PI call late

But had we won in London 2 games back of KC coming up. 1 game back with 7 to go and 4 still in the division if we win this weekend. That would have been sweet. 2 back with 7 to go is almost impossible

But bad teams make bad mistakes
Release the Tebow.

It's almost 2-1 1st round QBs that play their rookie year vs sitting.

Beantown Bronco
11-10-2010, 02:07 PM
2 back with 7 to go is almost impossible

As impossible as 3 up with 3 to go?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-10-2010, 02:08 PM

I wish he'd make himself less comfortable for my piece of mind.

supermanhr9
11-10-2010, 02:10 PM
That SF game was a killer. I'll say the Tenn /NYJ games were a wash as both were decided by a PI call late

But had we won in London 2 games back of KC coming up. 1 game back with 7 to go and 4 still in the division if we win this weekend. That would have been sweet. 2 back with 7 to go is almost impossible

But bad teams make bad mistakes
Release the Tebow.

It's almost 2-1 1st round QBs that play their rookie year vs sitting.

Release Tebow? This makes me angry,,,, and you don't want to see me angry.

Popps
11-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Why are people concentrating on his wardrobe and nose?

We have a lot of body-language experts on this forum. Most posters here are experts in the psychology of physical movement, and endless amounts of crucial information can be extracted from someone sniffling, etc.

The importance of someone's physical quirks can't be understated. Most posters here are excellent public speakers, and command authority without the slightest sign of physical discomfort at any point.

No stone can be left unturned when it comes to this coach. After all, every waking breath he takes offers another opportunity for Broncos fans to validate their disdain for him.

RaiderH8r
11-10-2010, 02:40 PM
As impossible as 3 up with 3 to go?

Well, the constant there is the Broncos, making the impossible possible and the impossible, however improbable, more impossible...like an impossibility black hole where impossibilities grow exponentially in relation to their possiblities in the meta universe...or some such ****. WTF do I know? Don't believe me? Well it is physics and if you can't believe a guy like Alfred Eckstein then who can you believe? I'm not sure I want to know a guy who doesn't believe in science. I just blinded you with science. Me. That's right, me. :strong:

RaiderH8r
11-10-2010, 02:41 PM
We have a lot of body-language experts on this forum. Most posters here are experts in the psychology of physical movement, and endless amounts of crucial information can be extracted from someone sniffling, etc.

The importance of someone's physical quirks can't be understated. Most posters here are excellent public speakers, and command authority without the slightest sign of physical discomfort at any point.

No stone can be left unturned when it comes to this coach. After all, every waking breath he takes offers another opportunity for Broncos fans to validate their disdain for him.

Actually, if McKid were doing blow off of hookers' tits in his office I would feel a lot better about our team situation.

strafen
11-10-2010, 02:43 PM

That's very profound, popps.
Now, tell us why are we wrong, and you're ever so right?
Enlighten us with your profound wisdom and your rich football acumen, and please tell us what is it we need to believe in Mcdaniels based on what he's done thus far?
Tell us what in the world at 2-6 should be ground for giving poor Mcdaniels a break.
You wanted Shanahan outta here. Be careful what you wish for...

Popps
11-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Actually, if McKid were doing blow off of hookers' boobies in his office I would feel a lot better about our team situation.

Hilarious!

Well, it was a bye week. I'm not ruling it out.

strafen
11-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Many many people have advised in PMs and rep comments me to put you and others like you on ignore but I keep hoping you and your counter parts will post something different but so far no luck.
many, many, many people, huh?
Would it be safe to say those many, mant, many people are amongst those who wouldn't trade Moreno for Hillis? ROFL!
Yeah, I know. Ask me next time if I care.

Also, you're old enough to use your own judgment to decide what you should and shouldn't do based on what's good for you
Why somebody in the internet that you'd probably never get to meet is telling you what to do?

I'm a broncos fan. I have the right to call it like it is.
I've been critical of McDaniels since his first draft day. The guy is an idiot.
I'm not going to sit over here and start a popularity campaign to be accepted here by the elite homers by saying that if we beat the chiefs that we have a shot at winning the SB.
Get real!
Right now we have top 5 pick in the draft. Let's keep it that way.
We need some help in the draft if the rebuilding is to continue.

baja
11-10-2010, 02:51 PM

Dude I hope you are not referring to my "handkerchief" post. Ya gotta keep a sense of humor ya know.

baja
11-10-2010, 02:53 PM
many, many, many people, huh?
Would it be safe to say those many, mant, many people are amongst those who wouldn't trade Moreno for Hillis? ROFL!
Yeah, I know. Ask me next time if I care.

Also, you're old enough to use your own judgment to decide what you should and shouldn't do based on what's good for you
Why somebody in the internet that you'd probably never get to meet is telling you what to do?

I'm a broncos fan. I have the right to call it like it is.
I've been critical of McDaniels since his first draft day. The guy is an idiot.
I'm not going to sit over here and start a popularity campaign to be accepted here by the elite homers by saying that if we beat the chiefs that we have a shot at winning the SB.
Get real!
We need some help in the draft if the rebuilding is to continue.

baja you can't see this post because you have the user on ignore. ;D

HAT
11-10-2010, 02:57 PM

Wow....Just, wow.

Popps
11-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Dude I hope you are not referring to my "handkerchief" post. .

Not remotely.

strafen
11-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Wow....Just, wow.What do you think we should do?
Go and win two more games at most?
It doesn't matter. We won't be going anywhere.
McDaniels is talking about a fresh start?
A fresh start was for the beginning of the season after having finished on a bad note last year.
You don't start talking about a fresh start after you've gone 2-6 because you don't have a clue of what you're doing as a headcoach.
Would I be happy if we made the play-offs?
Yes I would. I don't think we'd finish .500, let alone making the play-offs.

Let's be realistic.
Do you want us to win games not make the play-offs and pick 18th on the draft?
What good does it do?
Really, let's cut our losses and move onto next year...

Eldorado
11-10-2010, 03:17 PM
What do you think we should do?
A fresh start was for the beginning of the season after having finished on a bad note last year.
You don't start talking about a fresh start after you've gone 2-6 because you don't have a clue of what you're doing as a headcoach.

Let's be realistic.
What good does it do?

You do that. Come back then. :wave:

Smiling Assassin27
11-10-2010, 03:23 PM
as Shanny use to say "you are what your record is" after so many games into the season

i thought that was rich kotite.

baja
11-10-2010, 03:42 PM

Let's be realistic.
What good does it do?

Better yet let's finish 4 and 12 for the next 5 years and really build some top picks.

HAT
11-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Go and win more games?

Yes. That's the purpose of football.

vancejohnson82
11-10-2010, 03:50 PM

Let's be realistic.
What good does it do?

oh...you were dragster?

back on ignore

Popps
11-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Yes. That's the purpose of football.

Again, illustrating the beauty of the ignore feature... not having to explain the purpose of football to someone.

strafen
11-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Yes. That's the purpose of football.Of course it is.
This team is so screwed up, that it will need to be done over from the beginning.
Start over. Having some high pick that we can turn into multiple picks will help. Just as long as we don't use those picks to draft bust RB's, worthless TE's, QB's and safeties, we will be doing fine...

strafen
11-10-2010, 04:49 PM
oh...you were dragster?

back on ignore
Oh, cry me a river. If you had me on ignore before, even if I had changed my name, I would still be on ignore.
So, go right ahead.
Popps is PMing everybody to have me ignored. ROFL!
Popps, I think the Hillis thread speaks volume about you. No matter how you slice it, those words you typed are not going anywhere. ;)