PDA

View Full Version : Tebow getting named in lawsuit

Jesterhole
11-10-2010, 06:00 AM
Lol, this is pretty funny. Gotta love this country.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/11/09/tim-tebow-named-in-crazy-lawsuit/

gyldenlove
11-10-2010, 06:11 AM
I can't decide if I should go with: Only in America... or I love America...

baja
11-10-2010, 06:50 AM
There's gotta be something in the water in Florida.

Jesterhole
11-10-2010, 07:11 AM
And we all find out he's super crazy when we get here...

"...but in his rambling statement, dude also insinuates that President Obama is conspiring with a local street gang in a diabolical plot against him. So, yeah ....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-10-2010, 07:15 AM
I love my country... I love my country... I love my country... I love my country...

TheReverend
11-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Lol. Later, this guy traveled to India to bash Ghandi.

ColoradoDarin
11-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Let's see, first, the suit will get thrown out. This idiot will pay for any costs Tebow would have to incur. The lawyer should be disbarred, then tarred and feathered.

baja
11-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Question is will this be featured in Tebow's memoirs.

Popps
11-10-2010, 07:48 AM

This.

Does anyone remember Adam Carolla's "Germany or Florida" game he used to play on Loveline? Hysterical.

Kid A
11-10-2010, 07:52 AM
This.

Does anyone remember Adam Carolla's "Germany or Florida" game he used to play on Loveline? Hysterical.

ROFL! Yes I do. The two locations where all bizarre stories come from.

baja
11-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baja

This.

I suspect Florida gets it's water from Texas.

Crushaholic
11-10-2010, 08:08 AM
By telling everyone that "T-Bo sucks", he is committing a sin. The Ten Commandments specifically states that he is not to take the Lord's name in vain. So...this guy is going to hell...:sunshine:

Captain 'Dre
11-10-2010, 08:31 AM

And then got into his time machine and went back a coupla thousand years to criticize Jesus.

PRBronco
11-10-2010, 08:39 AM
I knew it. Character red flags. Another wasted pick mCd.

Quoydogs
11-10-2010, 09:26 AM
The sad truth is he will probably win. I mean for gods sake a lady bought coffee at Mdc's, was driving her car while drinking it and spilled it on herself and sued them for 3 million and won. ( I am not sure on the amount anymore but you get my point )

Gort
11-10-2010, 09:31 AM
The sad truth is he will probably win. I mean for gods sake a lady bought coffee at Mdc's, was driving her car while drinking it and spilled it on herself and sued them for 3 million and won. ( I am not sure on the amount anymore but you get my point )

slip and fall lawyers are the worst. some truck driver lady wasn't being careful and slipped and fell while making a delivery at a Walmart in CO and just got awarded $15M. i hope they fight it. it's absurd. it really has become like a lottery ticket for the underclass in this country... and by underclass, i mean the type of people who either 1) watch Jerry Springer, and/or 2) have been on Jerry Springer.

HILife
11-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Lmfao, wtf

HILife
11-10-2010, 09:43 AM
slip and fall lawyers are the worst. some truck driver lady wasn't being careful and slipped and fell while making a delivery at a Walmart in CO and just got awarded $15M. i hope they fight it. it's absurd. it really has become like a lottery ticket for the underclass in this country... and by underclass, i mean the type of people who either 1) watch Jerry Springer, and/or 2) have been on Jerry Springer.

You can sure for anything.

Popps
11-10-2010, 09:43 AM
ROFL! Yes I do. The two locations where all bizarre stories come from.

Yep!!

Hilarious.

They'd read some bizarre, macabre news story... and the callers had to guess whether it happened in Florida or Germany. ****ing awesome.

TheReverend
11-10-2010, 10:40 AM

That was a legit case though, even though it doesn't sound like it:

The plaintiff and the spill incident. The plaintiff, a 79-year-old grandmother named Stella Liebeck, was not driving, nor was the vehicle moving when the injury occurred. While the car was stopped, Mrs. Liebeck, who was sitting in the passenger seat, tried to hold the coffee cup between her knees as she removed the lid. The cup tipped over, spilling the contents into her lap.

The injury. Mrs. Liebeck’s injury was anything but trivial. The scalding-hot coffee caused third-degree burns over 16% of her body, including her genital area. She had to be hospitalized for eight days. She required extensive skin grafts and was permanently scarred. She was disabled for a period of two years. During the ensuing trial, Mrs. Liebeck’s physician testified that her injury was one of the worst cases of scalding he’d ever seen.

The coffee. At the time, McDonalds’ corporate specifications explicitly called for coffee to be served at a temperature between 180 and 190 degrees Fahrenheit. An expert witness testified that liquids at this temperature will cause third degree burns of human skin in two to seven seconds. (Coffee served at home is typically 135 to 140 degrees.)

McDonalds’ culpability. During discovery, McDonald’s was required to produce corporate documents of similar cases. More than 700(!) claims had been made against McDonald’s, and many of the victims had suffered third-degree burns similar to Mrs. Liebeck’s. Yet the company had refused to change its policy, supposedly because a consultant had recommended the high temperature as a way to maintain optimum taste. Some have speculated that the real reason for the high temperature was to slow down consumption of the coffee, reducing the demand for free refills.

Greed? Despite the pain caused by her injury, and the lengthy and expensive treatments she required, Mrs. Liebeck originally offered to settle with McDonald’s for $20,000. The corporation offered her a mere $800, so the case went to trial.

---------------------------

So, yeah...

Miss I.
11-10-2010, 11:14 AM

The plaintiff and the spill incident. The plaintiff, a 79-year-old grandmother named Stella Liebeck, was not driving, nor was the vehicle moving when the injury occurred. While the car was stopped, Mrs. Liebeck, who was sitting in the passenger seat, tried to hold the coffee cup between her knees as she removed the lid. The cup tipped over, spilling the contents into her lap.

The injury. Mrs. Liebeck’s injury was anything but trivial. The scalding-hot coffee caused third-degree burns over 16% of her body, including her genital area. She had to be hospitalized for eight days. She required extensive skin grafts and was permanently scarred. She was disabled for a period of two years. During the ensuing trial, Mrs. Liebeck’s physician testified that her injury was one of the worst cases of scalding he’d ever seen.

The coffee. At the time, McDonalds’ corporate specifications explicitly called for coffee to be served at a temperature between 180 and 190 degrees Fahrenheit. An expert witness testified that liquids at this temperature will cause third degree burns of human skin in two to seven seconds. (Coffee served at home is typically 135 to 140 degrees.)

McDonalds’ culpability. During discovery, McDonald’s was required to produce corporate documents of similar cases. More than 700(!) claims had been made against McDonald’s, and many of the victims had suffered third-degree burns similar to Mrs. Liebeck’s. Yet the company had refused to change its policy, supposedly because a consultant had recommended the high temperature as a way to maintain optimum taste. Some have speculated that the real reason for the high temperature was to slow down consumption of the coffee, reducing the demand for free refills.

Greed? Despite the pain caused by her injury, and the lengthy and expensive treatments she required, Mrs. Liebeck originally offered to settle with McDonald’s for $20,000. The corporation offered her a mere $800, so the case went to trial.

So, yeah...

Excellent post Rev. I always wondered about the real story behind the oft referred to legend. It puts it in perspective. Seems to me based on this her claims were legit and reasonable. Not that all claims are of course.

Quoydogs
11-10-2010, 11:17 AM

So, yeah...

She bought hot coffee
She used her knees to hold the cup and started messing with the lid
She spilled the coffee on herself.

Stupid Stupid stupid.

If I sell you a gun and you point it at your face and pull the trigger is that my fault ?

v2micca
11-10-2010, 11:49 AM
There is a reason Florida has its own label on Fark.com.

oubronco
11-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Was the guy's nickname Broncos Warrior?

Broncomutt
11-10-2010, 12:01 PM
She bought hot coffee

Stupid Stupid stupid.

If I sell you a gun and you point it at your face and pull the trigger is that my fault ?

I think the point that jumps out to me is 3rd degree burns. Do you know that means permanent irreversible tissue and nerve damage? Nobody should endure permanent tissue and nerve damage from a spilled cup of coffee.

It's not about the spill. It's about the fact she was handed a paper cup full of molten liquid.

TheReverend
11-10-2010, 12:13 PM
She bought hot coffee

Stupid Stupid stupid.

190 degrees is really ****ing hot. 8 days in a hospital. Extensive skin grafts. She ordered coffee not lava.

So to revise your example, if I bought a paintball gun from you, and you gave me an assault rifle, then yes, it's your fault.

Zoobie
11-10-2010, 12:37 PM
190 degrees is really ****ing hot. 8 days in a hospital. Extensive skin grafts. She ordered coffee not lava.

So to revise your example, if I bought a paintball gun from you, and you gave me an assault rifle, then yes, it's your fault.

LOL, that made my day, thank you.

Quoydogs
11-10-2010, 12:51 PM
I think the point that jumps out to me is 3rd degree burns. Do you know that means permanent irreversible tissue and nerve damage? Nobody should endure permanent tissue and nerve damage from a spilled cup of coffee.

It's not about the spill. It's about the fact she was handed a paper cup full of molten liquid.

This is a valid point. On the other hand she was still being careless by holding the coffee with her knees and fiddling with the lid.

Garcia Bronco
11-10-2010, 01:00 PM
I could be mistaken, but McDonalds appealed and Stella got nothing.

Florida_Bronco
11-10-2010, 01:02 PM
LOL, that made my day, thank you.

I lol'd too.

Garcia Bronco
11-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Looked it up. Stella got 640k or slightly under that.

Beantown Bronco
11-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Looked it up. Stella got 640k or slightly under that.

Still unreal, considering they could've settled for $20K plus very minimal legal fees. Now they have to pay her that $640K plus at least another $500K for their own legal fees from the original case + the appeal.....plus potentially her legal fees as well....unless those got built into her $640K. Bad, bad move on their part obviously.

broncocalijohn
11-10-2010, 01:30 PM
This guy has a point. I wore my Plummer jersey earlier this year and a Tebowite came up to me with his new #15 Broncos jersey and told me that Plummer will be done and better look for another team to play with because Tebow will be starting next year. I told him he is nuts and dude and his tebowite gf with her pink #15 jersey starts to shove me and taunt me. I told them Plummer is going to be at the same spot as he has been the last two years so deal with it. I finally got to get into my car with the family and get out of the church parking lot. True story :)

HILife
11-10-2010, 01:34 PM

Why would you point a paintball gun at your head and pull the trigger? Not trying to say which one of you two are right, just saying.

Pony Boy
11-10-2010, 01:38 PM
I think the guy has a real case against Tebow under "Shariah law"

baja
11-10-2010, 01:44 PM
I could be mistaken, but McDonalds appealed and Stella got nothing.

Not true, she got Vaseline , dry cleaning bill paid, iced coffee for life, and a plaque saying she was elected the queen of dumb asses for driving with hot coffee between her legs.

HILife
11-10-2010, 01:51 PM
This guy has a point. I wore my Plummer jersey earlier this year and a Tebowite came up to me with his new #15 Broncos jersey and told me that Plummer will be done and better look for another team to play with because Tebow will be starting next year. I told him he is nuts and dude and his tebowite gf with her pink #15 jersey starts to shove me and taunt me. I told them Plummer is going to be at the same spot as he has been the last two years so deal with it. I finally got to get into my car with the family and get out of the church parking lot. True story :)

I had to read that a few times before I realized that Plummer was part of the joke. Not much of a Broncos fan if the guy didn't know Plummer hasn't been with the team for a few years.

baja
11-10-2010, 01:57 PM
I had to read that a few times before I realized that Plummer was part of the joke. Not much of a Broncos fan if the guy didn't know Plummer hasn't been with the team for a few years.

I think that was his point and I only read 1/2 of it. ;D

Hulamau
11-10-2010, 02:10 PM

Well its the home of Rush baby and all those Oxycontin drive through Dispensories so what do you expect ! (No offense Rev :)

Must be a tea party insider Ha!

:sunshine:

baja
11-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Well its the home of Rush baby and all those Oxycontin drive through Dispensories so what do you expect ! (No offense Rev :)

LOL Probably has a pin up of Rush in his bed room

Steve Sewell
11-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Was the guy's nickname Broncos Warrior?

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

Steve Sewell
11-10-2010, 02:39 PM

Trolling in real life! You win, good sir.

UberBroncoMan
11-10-2010, 03:12 PM

Little do people know Ghandi actually wanted a violent revolution vs the British Empire. They just didn't have the infrastructure or weapons to do it, so he went with the pacifist rout.

I'm not ****ting you either.

Mile High Shack
11-10-2010, 03:34 PM

#Tebowfail

Tombstone RJ
11-10-2010, 05:20 PM
She bought hot coffee

Stupid Stupid stupid.

McD's was playing with fire, literally, by serving coffee that hot. Add to the fact that a bunch of other peeps also got injured, and the old lady suffered 3rd degree burns in her crotch area, and McD's played hard ball on the settlement, yah, they got what they deserved.

How'd you like 3rd degree burns on your johnson?

myMind
11-10-2010, 05:43 PM
I think the guy has a real case against Tebow under "Shariah law"

Im sorry but this is such an ignorant statement.
You didnt even spell Sharia correctly.

Pony Boy
11-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Im sorry but this is such an ignorant statement.
You didnt even spell Sharia correctly.

Well, it was a little joke aimed at the law passed in Oklahoma on not recognizing Shariah (Sharia) law. Sorry it went right over the top of your head.
And FYI as far as spelling it can be spelled both ways.........
Sharīʿah, also spelled Sharia, the fundamental religious concept of Islām, namely its law, systematized during the 2nd and 3rd centuries.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/538793/Shariah

Please contact these ladies and correct their spelling:
Women Against Shariah
http://womenagainstshariah.blogspot.com/

baja
11-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Well, it was a little joke aimed at the law passed in Oklahoma on not recognizing Shariah (Sharia) law. Sorry it went right over the top of your head.
Sharīʿah, also spelled Sharia, the fundamental religious concept of Islām, namely its law, systematized during the 2nd and 3rd centuries.

Women Against Shariah

Is that you Hot Rod?

strafen
11-10-2010, 07:24 PM

So to revise your example, if I bought a paintball gun from you, and you gave me an assault rifle, then yes, it's your fault.That's too funny, dude! LOL ROFL!

Jay3
11-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Question is will this be featured in Tebow's memoirs.

Not Volume One. There has to be a cutoff somewhere.

I'm thinking cliffhanger ending with Friar Tebow haircut.

broncocalijohn
11-10-2010, 10:46 PM
BTW, my story was all full of bs but i am sure it could be true in some church parking lot somewhere in America.

myMind
11-10-2010, 11:29 PM

Women Against Shariah

Don't get me wrong, I am against an Islamic beurocracy gaining foothold in the States. That would be as bad as Christians *coughcough* holding the Executive Office for eight years. My argument is simply that while Sharia Law may seem extreme to those of us born and bred in the U.S, the fanaticism inherent in all montheisms has a very unsettling nature. I really wasn't meaning to put you on the defensive, your joke just didn't seem to have any context I could qualify it with. Let's just beat the Queefs eh?

Pony Boy
11-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Don't get me wrong, I am against an Islamic beurocracy gaining foothold in the States. That would be as bad as Christians *coughcough* holding the Executive Office for eight years. My argument is simply that while Sharia Law may seem extreme to those of us born and bred in the U.S, the fanaticism inherent in all montheisms has a very unsettling nature. I really wasn't meaning to put you on the defensive, your joke just didn't seem to have any context I could qualify it with. Let's just beat the Queefs eh?

You should spend some time on the O-Mane, War, Religion and Politics Thread
(you would fit right in with W*GS, Requ, Rhohi and LABF)

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25

TheReverend
11-11-2010, 08:04 AM

Hey I'm new here, none taken. I'm just pleased with the army of gorgeous women at every turn.

DHallblows
11-11-2010, 04:37 PM
I really enjoyed the last line of the article:
"Calls to Tebow's camp have not been returned." ROFL!