PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Moreno for Hilis straight up?

baja
11-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Would you trade Moreno for Hilis straight up?

mkporter
11-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Would you trade Moreno for Hilis straight up?

No. For whatever reason McD doesn't think Hillis can work in his offense, or on the team, so trading for him doesn't do us any good.

DarkHorse
11-09-2010, 10:17 PM
I would, but that would require me to be running the show in Denver which, in that case, I would never have traded him in the first place.

So, I guess my answer is no?

Dr. Broncenstein
11-09-2010, 11:18 PM
This is a moot question if we didn't have a completely incompetent retard at the helm. But given a hypothetical question of Moreno for Hillis, one guy seems to produce and the other doesn't.

Requiem
11-09-2010, 11:28 PM
Nope, because trading Hillis back doesn't fix our offensive line coaching, woes and inconsistency.

Sir_Robin
11-09-2010, 11:36 PM
No. Cleveland would never go for it without mulitple picks in exchange. Haven't we wasted enough of those?

HAT
11-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Fantasy football....All day every day.

Real football.....Hell no.

Too bad so many people don't understand the difference.

go_broncos
11-10-2010, 04:45 AM
Fantasy football....All day every day.

Real football.....Hell no.

Too bad so many people don't understand the difference.

you people deserve Mcd as the coach..Hilarious!
Whatever ****ing he says..you believe in him..
If he says Orton is better than Manning..you will believe in him..
****ing Idiots.

go_broncos
11-10-2010, 04:48 AM
Hillis,cutler, Marshall threads are mostly started by Mcd lovers.
It is funny that you people blame that we are discussing too much about bronco players that are not playing with us.

baja
11-10-2010, 05:00 AM
It is funny that you people blame that we are discussing too much about bronco players that are not playing with us.

You think that anyone not screaming for McD's head on a stick is a McD lover when in fact the bulk of the posters have questions but are waiting until season's end to assess the situation.

jhns
11-10-2010, 06:08 AM
I wouldn't because McDaniels won't play him anyways. I like Moreno though. I would rather have both of them.

Merlin
11-10-2010, 06:14 AM
this is a moot question if we didn't have a completely incompetent retard at the helm. But given a hypothetical question of moreno for hillis, one guy seems to produce and the other doesn't.
+1

tsiguy96
11-10-2010, 06:16 AM
yea

WolfpackGuy
11-10-2010, 06:40 AM
I know the Browns sure as hell wouldn't.

orangemonkey
11-10-2010, 06:45 AM
McDaniels couldn't figure out how to get running production out of Chris Johnson but, pound-for-pound, Hillis is much more exciting and productive than Moreno.

baja
11-10-2010, 06:47 AM
One way or another this should be a fun thread to bump down the road

lostknight
11-10-2010, 06:48 AM
On the basis of their talent alone? Yep. Moreno would be gone. On the basis of being able to work with a assinine head coach and no o-line? Doesn't make sense.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-10-2010, 06:49 AM

You are such a ****ing dip**** moron. Nobody cares what your retarded ass thinks. Shut the **** up, you ****ing pile of ****.

Jetmeck
11-10-2010, 06:58 AM

Thats BS and you know. Those that hate McDummy start the threads. I have started a couple myself.

Jetmeck
11-10-2010, 07:02 AM
You are such a ****ing dip**** moron. Nobody cares what your retarded ass thinks. Shut the **** up, you ****ing pile of ****.

You are an arse. Because somebody does not agree with you they do not have the right to speak or express their concerns. You are the one who needs to pipe down and go read the First Amendment.

Besides if we are going to allow all these freakin chief fan tards to spout their BS all over our board consistently then whatever a Bronco fan has to say should be more than OK. Get over it, you don't rule the world !

Jetmeck
11-10-2010, 07:04 AM
Hillis even with this line would get positive yards consistently just on his own strength and dtermination and always fell forward. I wonder who wouldn't agree where our offense might be with 2nd and 6 or 7 regularly ?.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-10-2010, 07:06 AM
You are an arse. Because somebody does not agree with you they do not have the right to speak or express their concerns. You are the one who needs to pipe down and go read the First Amendment.

Besides if we are going to allow all these freakin chief fan tards to spout their BS all over our board consistently then whatever a Bronco fan has to say should be more than OK. Get over it, you don't rule the world !

The first amendment? On a ****ing football message board? You need to pull your head out of your ass.

My problem isn't with his differing opinion, you simpleton. It's with him repeating it, ad nauseum, in every single thread. It's the same problem I have with your stupid ass. Regardless of what the thread is about, there's jetmeck and go_broncos, saying the same thing over and over again. It's the answer to every question. It's the question nobody asked. It's constant, unrelenting ****ing bull****, and it's getting very stale.

First Amendment. What a tard.

mkporter
11-10-2010, 07:10 AM
The first amendment? On a ****ing football message board? You need to pull your head out of your ass.

My problem isn't with his differing opinion, you simpleton. It's with him repeating it, ad nauseum, in every single thread. It's the same problem I have with your stupid ass. Regardless of what the thread is about, there's jetmeck and go_broncos, saying the same thing over and over again. It's the answer to every question. It's the question nobody asked. It's constant, unrelenting ****ing bull****, and it's getting very stale.

You know, your stress level might be positively impacted by a more liberal use of the "ignore" feature. It works wonders on go_broncos and his friends.

Jetmeck
11-10-2010, 07:11 AM

Yes First Amendment, read it. Take time out of your busy schedule here bashing those you dont agree with. Maybe you have extra time after middle school lets out ??

Don't like it you dont have to post up or read it or even be here.
See ya , good bye, good riddance, dont let the door hit your arse on the way out. Go **** yourself you might enjoy that better than us annoying you anyway.

Broncomutt
11-10-2010, 07:13 AM
It's a moot question if you've got a coach* that can't get results out of players. Better question is: If Moreno went to Cleveland would he be putting up Hillis like numbers.

I think no, Moreno is a dancer:curtsey:, but I do think he'd put up better numbers than he would with this coaching* staff.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Yes First Amendment, read it. Take time out of your busy schedule here bashing those you dont agree with. Maybe you have extra time after middle school lets out ??

See ya , good bye, good riddance, dont let the door hit your arse on the way out. Go **** yourself you might enjoy that better than us annoying you anyway.

If I was trying to prosecute or persecute you and go_broncos for your absolutely retarded bull**** statements, the First Amendment would be relevant.

I'm not. And it isn't. Feel free to pull your head out of your ass at any time.

Jesterhole
11-10-2010, 07:17 AM
No, mostly because that would make us look like such tremendous fools, even the collateral damage caused to McDaniels wouldn't make me wish for it.

It's probably not the running back, even though Moreno doesn't light the world on fire. Our O-line has been garbage this season (after being considered a strength and one of the best since we drafted Clady), so bringing someone else in not named Barry Sanders won't matter.

I still don't understand (and can't get over) the fact that McDaniels inherited a solid rushing attack, and saw it used effectively his first season, then decided to gut it and cut Wiegmann. Everything else aside, that's what I lament the most.

mkporter
11-10-2010, 07:20 AM

Irony? Are you saying he shouldn't speak his mind because you don't like that he told someone else that they shouldn't speak their mind? If your interpretation of the first amendment was correct, which it isn't, you would also be violating his rights.

First amendment doesn't apply on a private web forum. Nobody has the "right" to post here. Maybe it's not that cool that he feels the need to flip out, but the same applies to you.

go_broncos
11-10-2010, 07:39 AM

Ask Mr.Josh to show it on the field..Everyone will then shut up.
you are acting as if our coach is doing good things..

First ask the coach to shut the **** up and win some games.

baja
11-10-2010, 07:45 AM
I guess I need to help some of you out;

Hypothetical;

adjectiveAlso, hy·po·thet·ic (for defs. 1–4).
assumed by hypothesis; supposed: a hypothetical case.
of, pertaining to, involving, or characterized by hypothesis: hypothetical reasoning.
given to making hypotheses.
Logic.
a.
(of a proposition) highly conjectural; not well supported by available evidence.
b.
(of a proposition or syllogism) conditional.
–noun
a hypothetical situation, instance, etc.: The Secretary of Defense refused to discuss hypotheticals with the reporters.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Ask Mr.Josh to show it on the field..Everyone will then shut up.
you are acting as if our coach is doing good things..

First ask the coach to shut the **** up and win some games.

Broncomutt
11-10-2010, 08:44 AM
I guess I need to help some of you out;

Hypothetical;

adjectiveAlso, hy·po·thet·ic (for defs. 1–4).
assumed by hypothesis; supposed: a hypothetical case.
of, pertaining to, involving, or characterized by hypothesis: hypothetical reasoning.
given to making hypotheses.
Logic.
a.
(of a proposition) highly conjectural; not well supported by available evidence.
b.
(of a proposition or syllogism) conditional.
–noun
a hypothetical situation, instance, etc.: The Secretary of Defense refused to discuss hypotheticals with the reporters.

Not people's comprehension, it's just a stupid question.

Why would we trade our starting RB for a guy who will contribute nothing because he'll sit on the bench. At least Moreno plays. How could Hillis help us if he's on the bench?

bowtown
11-10-2010, 09:01 AM
No, we already have a fullback.

baja
11-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Not people's comprehension, it's just a stupid question.

Why would we trade our starting RB for a guy who will contribute nothing because he'll sit on the bench. At least Moreno plays. How could Hillis help us if he's on the bench?

Thanks for that clarification.

Would Moreno break off 2K in Cleveland's system.

strafen
11-10-2010, 09:15 AM
No, we already have a fullback.Who's our FB anyway?
Is he making an impact on our running game, or are the lame TE's we've got doing the blocking?
To use Hillis as a FB is retarded, but then again, that your opinion, right?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Who's our FB anyway?
Is he making an impact on our running game, or are the lame TE's we've got doing the blocking?
To use Hillis as a FB is retarded, but then again, that your opinion, right?

Yeah, stupid retarded Shanahan using Hillis as a fullback.

Popps
11-10-2010, 09:45 AM

Hilarious!

ant1999e
11-10-2010, 09:47 AM

:Whaaaa!::vermeil:

ant1999e
11-10-2010, 09:50 AM
the first amendment? On a ****ing football message board? You need to pull your head out of your ass.

My problem isn't with his differing opinion, you simpleton. It's with him repeating it, ad nauseum, in every single thread. It's the same problem i have with your stupid ass. Regardless of what the thread is about, there's jetmeck and go_broncos, saying the same thing over and over again. It's the answer to every question. It's the question nobody asked. It's constant, unrelenting ****ing bull****, and it's getting very stale.

First amendment. What a tard.

+1

zdoor
11-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Only if The 1st spent on Moreno came back with Hillis and McDaniels actually gave him a legitimate crack at the gig. The worst thing about the Hillis debacle is we could have used that 1st round pick on either side of the lines and been at least as good running the ball as we are now.

What is really dumb about how this team is being built is that a tough, Smart, Physical team is established from inside (both lines) out. We've spent most of our early picks building sklll spots as a result of replacing players. It's the polar opposite of what our coach has claimed he's shooting for and what most posters actually wanted when McD was hired.

It's unfortunate the way things played out. I don't think McDaniels is completely to blame for going astray but he has not seemed to learn from his errors (at least from year 1 to year 2) and is definitely far too quick to reach judgment and act on his impulses. Unfortunately, it's usually experience and wisdom that teach a person to be patient and consider all aspects of a decision before you act. McD has failed in this regard to this point. One can only hope he has learned some humility and wisdom through this season. I seriously doubt it but would really prefer to be proven wrong...

go_broncos
11-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Only if The 1st spent on Moreno came back with Hillis and McDaniels actually gave him a legitimate crack at the gig. The worst thing about the Hillis debacle is we could have used that 1st round pick on either side of the lines and been at least as good running the ball as we are now.

What is really dumb about how this team is being built is that a tough, Smart, Physical team is established from inside (both lines) out. We've spent most of our early picks building sklll spots as a result of replacing players. It's the polar opposite of what our coach has claimed he's shooting for and what most posters actually wanted when McD was hired.

It's unfortunate the way things played out. I don't think McDaniels is completely to blame for going astray but he has not seemed to learn from his errors (at least from year 1 to year 2) and is definitely far too quick to reach judgment and act on his impulses. Unfortunately, it's usually experience and wisdom that teach a person to be patient and consider all aspects of a decision before you act. McD has failed in this regard to this point. One can only hope he has learned some humility and wisdom through this season. I seriously doubt it but would really prefer to be proven wrong...

when i listen to Mcd's press conference, he speaks all nice things(we need to be smart, tough, physical upfront, team players etc)..On Sundays, the team including our coaching plays the exact opposite.
(12/9 men on field, penalties on every drive, not physical).
We keep passing the ball on every down(doesn't matter if it is 3rd/4th and short)..Even Indy doesn't pass that many times.
You will not have success if you just keep throwing the ball all the time.

HAT
11-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Even Indy doesn't pass that many times.
You will not have success if you just keep throwing the ball all the time.

Do you EVER get tired of being wrong?

Indy:
25.1 RPG
43.9 PPG
63.6% pass to rush

Denver:
23.4 RPG
39.5 PPG
62.7% pass to rush

go_broncos
11-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Do you EVER get tired of being wrong?

Indy:
25.1 RPG
43.9 PPG
63.6% pass to rush

Denver:
23.4 RPG
39.5 PPG
62.7% pass to rush

Well..Indy started throwing the ball a lot after Addai got hurt..
There is a big difference between manning and Orton.
you will not have success with Orton throwing the ball that many times.
Keep supporting our coach..he is doing job..2-6..I like the direction of this team..:thumbsup:

strafen
11-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Well..Indy started throwing the ball a lot after Addai got hurt..
There is a big difference between manning and Orton.
Keep supporting our coach..he is doing job..2-6..I like the direction of this team..:thumbsup:
where's poops vote?
He's being a wuss as usual...

Taco John
11-10-2010, 10:55 AM
This would be a no-brainer.

serious hops
11-10-2010, 11:23 AM
**** yes, every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

TotallyScrewed
11-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Hillis even with this line would get positive yards consistently just on his own strength and dtermination and always fell forward. I wonder who wouldn't agree where our offense might be with 2nd and 6 or 7 regularly ?.

Just how tall is this Hillis fella? I suppose he's got lightning bolts coming out of his arse, too!

Seriously, with this oline and wonderful playcalling, he'd have to be 12-15 foot tall to gain 3 to 4 yards falling forward...with his arms extended...AND lightning bolts coming out of his arse!

CEH
11-10-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm pretty sure Hillis even with our line could pound out 54 yards on 23 carries and this place would go crazy.

Hillis would break off a 20 yard run after running over 3 guys leaving him 34 yards to get on 22 carries. He does those running backwards

Plus he scores twice

oubronco
11-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Well..Indy started throwing the ball a lot after Addai got hurt..There is a big difference between manning and Orton.

Well Moreno got hurt think that might of tilted the results?

Hogan11
11-10-2010, 01:58 PM
As a Bulldog fan, I've seen what a healthy Moreno can do in an offense that's suited for his abilities.....

and therein lies the problem. I'm not ready to turn the page on him yet

baja
11-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Josh said in his presser that Moreno is the healthiest he has been all year

strafen
11-10-2010, 02:04 PM
So, no excuses if he can't break 100 yards?
Or do we still need to wait for the ever elusive OL and the PBS to gel?

NYBronco
11-10-2010, 03:07 PM

Good news there, hope to see some blocking/execution improvement on the oline.

I would'nt trade Moreno for Hillis.

zdoor
11-10-2010, 03:20 PM
As a Bulldog fan, I'm seen what a healthy Moreno can do in an offense that's suited for his abilities.....

and therein lies the problem. I'm not ready to turn the page on him yet

I actually don't dislike Moreno and agree he still has a chance to be a good back. I just wish we had gone in a different direction with the pick.

Mile High Shack
11-10-2010, 03:28 PM
I think Moreno can be better than Hillis, more upside, but the problem, again, isn't our running backs, but the offensive line

I'm by no means a Moreno fan, but he can be an adequate back in the league (not worth a 1st round pick) so once you fix the oline problem, you fix our running game

colonelbeef
11-10-2010, 06:05 PM
How is this even a question?

Oh I see, the homers are voting for Moreno, how silly of me to think that common sense might win out for once

strafen
11-10-2010, 06:14 PM
How is this even a question?

Oh I see, the homers are voting for Moreno, how silly of me to think that common sense might win out for once

If McDaniels won't admit that was a mistake, neither would his supporters...

gunns
11-10-2010, 07:34 PM
I wonder if the Browns would take Moreno and Maroney for Hillis and Joe Thomas?

Ya think?

Brewer
11-10-2010, 08:11 PM
You know, your stress level might be positively impacted by a more liberal use of the "ignore" feature. It works wonders on go_broncos and his friends.

go_broncos has friends? I don't believe it. Hilarious!

baja
11-10-2010, 08:16 PM
go_broncos has friends? I don't believe it. Hilarious!

Funny I was going to make that same comment but decided not to.

baja
11-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Interesting 55% (54 votes) voted they would make the trade. I'll be waiting for a opportune moment to bump this one.

Requiem
11-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Bump it after Hillis breaks his legs and becomes the Bionic Man.

GoBroncos84
11-10-2010, 08:24 PM
No way in hell would I make that trade. I loved Hillis while he was here, no doubt. And I was frustrated that Josh wasn't using him. And it stings even more now that he is successful elsewhere. But Knowshon is much more talented, and once we get the offensive line functioning as it should Moreno will be a star.

baja
11-10-2010, 08:25 PM
For the record Moreno will be a feature back long after the novelty that is Hilis is long gone on to the sports news scrap heap.

strafen
11-10-2010, 08:26 PM
No way in hell would I make that trade. I loved Hillis while he was here, no doubt. And I was frustrated that Josh wasn't using him. And it stings even more now that he is successful elsewhere. But Knowshon is much more talented, and once we get the offensive line functioning as it should Moreno will be a star.3 years in the system will be the charm Ha!

Seriously, Moreno is closer to being just another RB than anything remotely close to a star.
If is there, nobody has seen it yet...

strafen
11-10-2010, 08:27 PM
For the record Moreno will be a feature back long after the novelty that is Hilis is long gone on to the sports news scrap heap.

Quoting and bookmarking...

baja
11-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Quoting and bookmarking...

Great. Just don't forget about it when it goes down the way I called it.

Fair?

strafen
11-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Great. Just don't forget about it when it goes down the way I called it.

Fair?I like my chances. ;)

baja
11-10-2010, 08:52 PM
I like my chances. ;)

You didn't answer my question.

I'd like my own bookmark.

Taco John
11-10-2010, 08:56 PM

Hillis just won himself a Hall of Fame career. Nokia just won themselves Employee of the Month.

baja
11-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Hillis just won himself a Hall of Fame career. Nokia just won themselves Employee of the Month.

You, master of the colossal mis-call attempting to pass me the torch. I'm honored. Keep in mind my fail hasn't happened yet. My accomplishment amounts to calling a game wrong and Watts. I am humbled in your presence.

Griese Foster Plummer Cutler - who have I forgotten? Somebody help me out here. ;D

go_broncos
11-10-2010, 09:18 PM
No way in hell would I make that trade. I loved Hillis while he was here, no doubt. And I was frustrated that Josh wasn't using him. And it stings even more now that he is successful elsewhere. But Knowshon is much more talented, and once we get the offensive line functioning as it should Moreno will be a star.

Let me know when Moreno has 100 yards rushing.Hilarious!

Dedhed
11-10-2010, 09:25 PM
I watched every snap Sunday, being in New England, and Tatum would have rushed for 320 yards that day. Taco probably could have racked up 140. That's about what Hillis gained prior to contact.

Other than the goal line run and the wheel route, it was a great OL performance, nothing more.

strafen
11-10-2010, 10:35 PM
I watched every snap Sunday, being in New England, and Tatum would have rushed for 320 yards that day. Taco probably could have racked up 140. That's about what Hillis gained prior to contact.

Other than the goal line run and the wheel route, it was a great OL performance, nothing more.Are you sure you weren't under medical marijuana treatment?

sell that story to whoever might be willing to buy it.
That's so ridiculous, you just over did yourself.
I'm pretty sure this sudden resurgence of the Browns OL is what has propelled their running game.
I'm sure Hillis got nothing to do with it.
Heck, let's put Moreno with that line and watch him crack 90 yards, for sure!

HAT
11-10-2010, 10:41 PM

Other than the goal line run and the wheel route, it was a great OL performance, nothing more.

Like I said on page 1....It's sad to see how many people confuse fantasy football with real football.

I actually get some enjoyment out of FF but it's made football retards out of a whole generation.

I like Hillis and wish him well but anyone who thinks he has more upside than Moreno as an all around RB for the next 5 years is delusional.

strafen
11-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Like I said on page 1....It's sad to see how many people confuse fantasy football with real football.

I actually get some enjoyment out of FF but it's made football retards out of a whole generation.

I like Hillis and wish him well but anyone who thinks he has more upside than Moreno as an all around RB for the next 5 years is delusional.

Nobody thinks he has more upside than Moreno. Everbody KNOWS he's got more upside than Moreno...

Jason in LA
11-10-2010, 11:18 PM
I know the Browns sure as hell wouldn't.

Why did it take 14 posts for somebody to say this?

Jason in LA
11-10-2010, 11:20 PM

Dude, "Keep calm and carry on." lol

Sir_Robin
11-11-2010, 06:21 AM
Why did it take 14 posts for somebody to say this?

It didn't. Some douchebag said it in post #6.

Sir_Robin
11-11-2010, 06:21 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kfipl5BYBqo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kfipl5BYBqo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

vancejohnson82
11-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Nobody thinks he has more upside than Moreno. Everbody KNOWS he's got more upside than Moreno...

not only are you the authority on body language and "what if" scenarios...now you are the ultimate judge of upside too...awesome

Moreno has more upside than Hillis you dip****

Dedhed
11-11-2010, 07:16 AM
not only are you the authority on body language and "what if" scenarios...now you are the ultimate judge of upside too...awesome

Moreno has more upside than Hillis you dip****

How do you know when you're dealing with a dimwit?

A)They state utter conjecture as fact.
B)They actually believe that wins an argument.

Most posts from Strafen fit both scenarios.

strafen
11-11-2010, 07:31 AM

Moreno has more upside than Hillis, strafenHow?
Show me. Nobody has seen it. Have you?
Really. Explain yourself and show everybody here how a 12th overall pick who going into his second season has not had a 100-yard game and has been hurt more than he's been on the field this year has more upside than a rising star like Hillis.
Moreno is soft, injury prone, and he will be a bust.

strafen
11-11-2010, 07:41 AM

A)They state utter conjecture as fact.

Has Moreno been the talk of the national media at one point in his career other than in draft day when we picked him at 12th?
No, he hasn't. Moreno is a bust.
He's closer to being a bust to any far-fetched wishes you may want to believe he might be.
He's soft, injury prone and can't run the ball in the NFL.

My goal is not to win argument. My goal is not to be insulted with stupid statements like you've been doing
If you present your argument with some decent points on what's being debated, then I can take you serious, but when the national media was raving and ranting over Hillis performance last week, and how he's shredded the Ravens defense already once, and you come over here and say it was all the OL because YOU say so. It wasn't Hillis. You're a joke, and that killed your credibility right there. Continue on, though...

strafen
11-11-2010, 07:46 AM

[QUOTE]A)They state utter conjecture as fact.Isn't it what your arguments have been based on?
Re-read you posts...

Facts win argument. Saying Moreno has more upside than Hillis does not win you arguments.
Nobody has seen anything on Moreno to be excited about.
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we go and get yet another back next year...

strafen
11-11-2010, 08:12 AM

Moreno has more upside than Hillis, strafenWhen you say something this stupid, expect to be called out.
The burden of proof is on you...
Show us!

baja
11-11-2010, 08:14 AM
When you say something this stupid, expect to be called out.
The burden of proof is on you...
Show us!

Maybe you could explain how you prove upside, you know for us stupid guys.

footstepsfrom#27
11-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Duh.

THE719!
11-11-2010, 08:31 AM
I just want to point out a stat Hillis is 12th in the league in rushing and a 100 yard game away for being 5th also he is 3rd in touchdowns and 3 away from being 1st.... oh but our offesive line sucks he would not have the same numbers...... true but your telling me you dont want him still on this team.... I voted yes

TotallyScrewed
11-11-2010, 08:46 AM
I think for any of it to work you'd have to change to poll to:

Would you trade McDaniels and Moreno for Mangini and Hillis, straight up?

A far more interesting question.

Popps
11-11-2010, 08:51 AM
I think for any of it to work you'd have to change to poll to:

Would you trade McDaniels and Moreno for Mangini and Hillis, straight up?

A far more interesting question.

Mangini was the butt of jokes around here a year or so back.

Now, he's a genius because Hillis had a good game.

Apparently people are willing to be sensible and patient with some coaches, as long as it's not our own.

Taco John
11-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Mangini was the butt of jokes around here a year or so back.

Now, he's a genius because Hillis had a good game.

Apparently people are willing to be sensible and patient with some coaches, as long as it's not our own.

In fairness, last year at this time, Mangini hadn't traded a thick skulled quarterback with poor accuracy and the leadership qualities of a Back Street Boy for a hard working, multi-talented bulldozer who can make a team better simply by stepping onto the field.

oubronco
11-11-2010, 09:27 AM
In fairness, last year at this time, Mangini hadn't traded a thick skulled quarterback with poor accuracy and the leadership qualities of a Back Street Boy for a hard working, multi-talented bulldozer who can make a team better simply by stepping onto the field.

Bravo, I applaud you

CEH
11-11-2010, 09:33 AM

Holgrem is the GM. He's the one who got McX.

vancejohnson82
11-11-2010, 09:42 AM
How?
Show me. Nobody has seen it. Have you?
Really. Explain yourself and show everybody here how a 12th overall pick who going into his second season has not had a 100-yard game and has been hurt more than he's been on the field this year has more upside than a rising star like Hillis.
Moreno is soft, injury prone, and he will be a bust.

you are completely missing the point of the contradiction you make in your statement.

So Hillis, who is rushing for 120 yards a game (or whatever) has MORE upside...so he is going to be running for 180 yards a game at some point?

Moreno, who hasnt been 100% in forever, who is averaging like 2 yards a carry has little upside? So he will get up to 2.2 yards a carry at some point?

Do you understand this...im not being a dick here actually

vancejohnson82
11-11-2010, 09:45 AM
does anyone understand what the **** UPSIDE is??

I have more UPSIDE than my CEO because his potential has already been reached....im younger, will be in the working world longer than him and my potential is unknown...hence, upside

i'll probably end up drinking Natty Ice and icing my balls down after mens league softball games when I'm his age, but right now I've got upside

Popps
11-11-2010, 09:52 AM

I see, so a coach needs one good move to go from idiot to genius. Only, we're apparently not counting any of McD's good moves.. so he remains an idiot.

Just keep me updated on these rules as they change.

But, come to think of it... look at what Cleveland has accomplished this season, and how could anyone NOT think Mangini was a genius...

zdoor
11-11-2010, 10:19 AM
I see, so a coach needs one good move to go from idiot to genius. Only, we're apparently not counting any of McD's good moves.. so he remains an idiot.

Just keep me updated on these rules as they change.

But, come to think of it... look at what Cleveland has accomplished this season, and how could anyone NOT think Mangini was a genius...

I'm not arguing that Mangini is a better coach than McDaniels, although right now records and team performance say he is. Mangini came into a losing team and has them playing well and looking much improved. McDaniels came into a .500 team, blew it up and now they look worse with most of the issues that existed when McDaniels walked in the door , still plaguing the team. Right now, McD's good moves are greatly overshadowed by his blunders.

I hope he turns it around, but you are ignoring that the performance of the 2 coaches, addresses your argument. Further, Mangini looks to have learned something from past errors where McD does not show that he's turned the corner. Maybe fear of getting canned after being canned once can insight a major change in a person, Mangini can still prove to be a ****ty coach but at this point, of the 2, he seems to be able to learn and change... Hopefully the pressure McD is under and feeling, will have the same impact. To say it will or won't is surely a guess and for anyone, is more based on predisposed bias than anything else. For the good of the team, I hope he gets a clue and makes a big leap forward. But, right now, I am in the camp that he likely won't figure it out as the Bronco's coach. I hope I'm wrong and he's great...

SportinOne
11-11-2010, 11:06 AM

This statement meaningless due to use of the word 'tard.'

SportinOne
11-11-2010, 11:13 AM
does anyone understand what the **** UPSIDE is??

I have more UPSIDE than my CEO because his potential has already been reached....im younger, will be in the working world longer than him and my potential is unknown...hence, upside

i'll probably end up drinking Natty Ice and icing my balls down after mens league softball games when I'm his age, but right now I've got upside

Actually, what you are talking about is, simply, time.

Upside is not time, it is potential. Your definition implies that all men are equally talented (as it pertains to a given field) and it is just a matter of decision making along a given timeline that produces the end result.

If this were true, then all running backs who are the same age in the NFL have the same upside.

They do not, but i think Peyton Hillis may still be better suited for the NFL than Moreno.

vancejohnson82
11-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Actually, what you are talking about is, simply, time.

Upside is not time, it is potential. Your definition implies that all men are equally talented (as it pertains to a given field) and it is just a matter of decision making along a given timeline that produces the end result.

If this were true, then all running backs who are the same age in the NFL have the same upside.

They do not, but i think Peyton Hillis may still be better suited for the NFL than Moreno.

No...upside is (Time + Ability = Possible Outcome). What go_broncos and Dragster are arguing is that since Hillis is better NOW, that he has better UPSIDE...and then he's asking people to prove otherwise

upside is opinion based...its a prediction of sorts...it cant be proven...if it could, the draft would be a lot easier

will Moreno ever reach his potential UPSIDE? probably not..not many players max out their talents and their opportunities and have the luck that comes into play too...whats Hillis' upside though? I think we've fulfilled it already

Rabb
11-11-2010, 11:34 AM

except, I don't think that is what he is saying

to use what you just said, take 2 new running backs the same age that come into the league at the same time, both with a baseline talent

if running back A averages 6 yards a pop and 150 a game then running back B averages say 3 yards a pop and 90 a game

his point is, B has the most potential to improve based on that...now of course it's possible that they have both reached their limit just as much as it is possible that running back A could really run for 300 a game and average 15 yards a pop

just saying, in general speaking...B has the most potential to succeed

I am not saying I agree or disagree with how it applies to this argument though, since I think in general people are basing potential off of the talent that has been shown so far and it's hard to argue against Hillis when it comes to just running the ball

that said, it's also hard to argue against Moreno who has shown when healthy he can be pretty damn good

it's about the most apples to oranges you can get really, 2 different running styles and 2 different offensive systems

bowtown
11-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Just by looking at their college careers, mock draft placements, and actual draft spots, it's pretty difficult to argue that Moreno is not viewed across the board to have more upside. As posters above me have stated though, whether he achieves that or not is a different argument.

Rabb
11-11-2010, 11:42 AM
I am torn on the argument honestly, I mean I loved seeing Hillis run...and he obviously is good at it.

I just keep asking myself, why then have 2 coaches passed on the kid? He was basically an emergency running back for Shanny in 2008.

Dedhed
11-11-2010, 11:45 AM
I just keep asking myself, why then have 2 coaches passed on the kid? He has ball security issues, and he can't read a blitz. It's not that difficult to figure out really.

broncocalijohn
11-11-2010, 11:48 AM

Are you as retarded as they come (no answer needed). Hillis threads were started by those that were pissed by McD for trading him. Only ones that arent are by Popps and his threads have tons of pro hillis people that dont equate to McD lovers. As for Cutler, most here now think he is a total douche for his personality and play. It has nothing to do with McD on hating or loving him. Cutler seems to have dug his own grave and most are happy he is gone. As for Marshall, that might be the only one but there were many started stating to "pay him now as he has proved himself!".
TJ, this guy is a typing troll spamming the boards with the same rhetoric regardless of the nature of the thread. Why you havent banned him for at least a week is beyond me. Plus, he couldnt put his picks in and we can catch up to go_broncos. ROFL!

Taco John
11-11-2010, 11:50 AM
I see, so a coach needs one good move to go from idiot to genius.

Yes, of course. This is the NFL. You should know this by now.

Rabb
11-11-2010, 11:52 AM
He has ball security issues, and he can't read a blitz. It's not that difficult to figure out really.

Well, ok...Moreno has ball security issues and can't stay healthy

try again, and I am not on the Hillis fanwagon either

I just don't think it's as simple as you stated it is

Dedhed
11-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Has Moreno been the talk of the national media at one point in his career other than in draft day when we picked him at 12th? So you're basing talent and production on whether the national media is paying attention?
No, he hasn't. Moreno is a bust.This would be category A-Stating dimwitted subjectivity as fact.
He's closer to being a bust to any far-fetched wishes you may want to believe he might be.
He's soft, injury prone and can't run the ball in the NFL.This speaks volumes about your evaluation skills. Moreno has been so far superior to any other back on the roster in every phase of the game that it takes serious effort to state that he can't run the ball in the NFL and keep a straight face.

He's also missed fewer games than Hillis due to injury.

My goal is not to win argument.You've certainly achieved that.

If you present your argument with some decent points on what's being debatedHere I'll present my side of the argument in the same manner you presented yours:
I don't have to think Moreno will be a good back I KNOW he will. The National Media will fawn over him proving my point. Because the National media never has an agenda or engages in hyperbole, they're just plain right all the time.

If you're under 15, please let me know because I don't like to engage in debate with people who can't know better. If you're over 15 however, there's no excuse for how poorly you present an argument.

CEH
11-11-2010, 12:03 PM
I am torn on the argument honestly, I mean I loved seeing Hillis run...and he obviously is good at it.

I just keep asking myself, why then have 2 coaches passed on the kid? He was basically an emergency running back for Shanny in 2008.

Why did everyone pass on Tom Brady in the draft? In the draft yes it is more Art than Science At this point it is no longer about Shanny passing on him. Injury met opportunity and he grabbed it and had a very good '08 until his hammy was pulled away from the bone by an errant Cutler pass.

If you're asking why Shanny didn't trade for Hillis we don't know that he didn't try but Josh fell in love with the Gay QB. You have to give something to get something.

Josh didn't like the way he practiced so he benched him. Clev doesn't have an issue with his practice habits and let's him play football

The Art vs Science argument was what Josh said in his press conference when someone finally had the balls to ask the question "Why did you trade Hillis?"

Rabb
11-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Why did everyone pass on Tom Brady in the draft? In the draft yes it is more Art than Science At this point it is no longer about Shanny passing on him. Injury met opportunity and he grabbed it and had a very good '08 until his hammy was pulled away from the bone by an errant Cutler pass.

If you're asking why Shanny didn't trade for Hillis we don't know that he didn't try but Josh fell in love with the Gay QB. You have to give something to get something.

Josh didn't like the way he practiced so he benched him. Clev doesn't have an issue with his practice habits and let's him play football

The Art vs Science argument was what Josh said in his press conference when someone finally had the balls to ask the question "Why did you trade Hillis?"

it's not like Brady whatsoever

and it is completely about Shanny not playing him until he had no other choices...it shows it wasn't just Josh that saw something he was unsure of

CEH
11-11-2010, 12:16 PM
it's not like Brady whatsoever

and it is completely about Shanny not playing him until he had no other choices...it shows it wasn't just Josh that saw something he was unsure of

Mike and Josh are starting from two different points in time

Why would a 6th round QB be expected to replace Drew Bledsoe?
Whey would a 7th round FB be expected to replace Selvin Young or T Bell

Why did Brady play? Because of injury.

Hillis a 7th round pick waited his turn until injury

I know for a fact that Hillis goes into camp as a RB in '09 because I heard Shanny say exactly that after his post season press conference. Mike Evans of the fan asked him the exact question when he was on their show following the '08 season prior to Jan 1

This argument that Shanny blew it as well is just wrong

Popps
11-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Yes, of course. This is the NFL. You should know this by now.

Yea, the Browns are 3-5.

Maybe Mangini should wait a bit before writing his Hall of Fame acceptance speech, even if he did sign the almighty Hillis.

Rabb
11-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Mike and Josh are starting from two different points in time

Why would a 6th round QB be expected to replace Drew Bledsoe?

Because that's why you draft people, you don't draft people to sit their whole career

Whey would a 7th round FB be expected to replace Selvin Young or T Bell

Well if he is as talented as everyone says, we should have seen that in training camp and practice, no?

Why did Brady play? Because of injury.

And why did he stay in after that? Because he is Brady.

Hillis a 7th round pick waited his turn until injury

Then went to the back of the line again when someone else was healthy...under Shanahan

This argument that Shanny blew it as well is just wrong

It's a good thing I am not saying he did then. I am saying, he seemed to share the same opinion as McD.

colonelbeef
11-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Just by looking at their college careers, mock draft placements, and actual draft spots, it's pretty difficult to argue that Moreno is not viewed across the board to have more upside. As posters above me have stated though, whether he achieves that or not is a different argument.

The only thing going against the general perception of Hillis is the fact that he is white.

If Hillis was black he would have been called the next Okoye.

Draft position means nothing, that is proven year in and year out. The second the draft is over, production is the #1 factor, period.

WolfpackGuy
11-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Would the Brownies even trade their backup for oft injured Moreno?

Dedhed
11-11-2010, 02:38 PM
The only thing going against the general perception of Hillis is the fact that he is white.

If Hillis was black he would have been called the next Okoye.Hillis' color has as much to do with him being a media darling as his talent does. A white RB in the NFL is a novelty, and like most novelties I suspect the luster will wear off quickly.

Dedhed
11-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Would the Brownies even trade their backup for oft injured Moreno?

This is my favorite in the Hillis/Moreno debate. Despite Hillis missing more games due to injury, Moreno is the one labeled injury prone.

Rabb
11-11-2010, 02:42 PM
This is my favorite in the Hillis/Moreno debate. Despite Hillis missing more games due to injury, Moreno is the one labeled injury prone.

yep, agreed

bowtown
11-11-2010, 02:55 PM

If Hillis was black he would have been called the next Okoye.

Draft position means nothing, that is proven year in and year out. The second the draft is over, production is the #1 factor, period.

:rofl:

Yeah, he fell to the 7th round because he was white. You are as dumb as he is.

Dedhed
11-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Well, ok...Moreno has ball security issues and can't stay healthy

try again, and I am not on the Hillis fanwagon either

I just don't think it's as simple as you stated it is

Hillis can't stay healthy either. It is that simple. Are you imagining there's some mysterious and hyper complex reason why 3 coaches had him buried on the depth chart?

gtown
11-11-2010, 03:06 PM
The fact that we are even having this argument goes to show how good Hillis is. It's a shame that Frown Cannon threw that pass that got Peyton injured a few years ago. He was right at the point of solidifying himself as a core player on this team. You can't ignore the fact that he is good in the red zone, and is just what this team needs right now, despite the crappy run blocking we have.

I think the McD could build a dominant offense without Moreno between the 20's, but once you get in the red zone, it would be nice to have a smashmouth, and versatile, player like Hillis. This is a colossal screw up by McD who seems to be replicating the mediocrity of the late Shanahan years. Between picking up all the Patriot castoffs and his myopia of all other good players in the league, I have really begun to doubt McDs ability to bring the franchise back to prominence once again. And his youth might actually hurt in the long run as Bowlen might take this into account and stick with him.

WolfpackGuy
11-11-2010, 04:08 PM

Oh, so it's that he just runs like he's injured?

Got it.

Dedhed
11-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Oh, so it's that he just runs like he's injured?

Got it.Ok?

strafen
11-11-2010, 06:00 PM
No...upside is (Time + Ability = Possible Outcome). What go_broncos and Dragster are arguing is that since Hillis is better NOW, that he has better UPSIDE...and then he's asking people to prove otherwise

upside is opinion based...its a prediction of sorts...it cant be proven...if it could, the draft would be a lot easier

will Moreno ever reach his potential UPSIDE? probably not..not many players max out their talents and their opportunities and have the luck that comes into play too...whats Hillis' upside though? I think we've fulfilled it already

How can you say with a straight face Hillis is better NOW?
Didn't you watch football in 2008?
Didn't you see Hillis running the ball one way and one way only?
He's been plowing his way thru defenses since he's started playing in the NFL. He's always been a good player. And this year he's doing what most of us thought he would do. We knew the guy was for real.

He was already a turnkey ready player sitting on the sidelines, by the time he was called up. He didn't go thru an adjustment period. The guy was thrown into the fire and he stepped up. He's an impact player
I don't know how you can call it differently or see it otherwise...

Moreno. When you're selected 12th overall in the NFL draft, you're expected to be an impact player. Is Moreno an impact player at this point 2 years into his career?
No he isn't, nor has he shown a glimpse that he could be.
That's all there's to be said about Moreno...

baja
11-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Hillis can't stay healthy either. It is that simple. Are you imagining there's some mysterious and hyper complex reason why 3 coaches had him buried on the depth chart?

They're racists???

strafen
11-11-2010, 06:11 PM

Hillis has been injured once. The games he's missed were related to that particular injury. So having missed more games due to one injury doesn't reflect injury prone. He came back and now is at full-strength and 100% healthy.
Moreno however, has missed games in DIFFERENT ocassions due to different injuries and never been 100% healthy.

My point still stands...

strafen
11-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Yea, the Browns are 3-5.

Maybe Mangini should wait a bit before writing his Hall of Fame acceptance speech, even if he did sign the almighty Hillis.

Touché...

tsiguy96
11-11-2010, 06:19 PM
The fact that we are even having this argument goes to show how good Hillis is. It's a shame that Frown Cannon threw that pass that got Peyton injured a few years ago. He was right at the point of solidifying himself as a core player on this team. You can't ignore the fact that he is good in the red zone, and is just what this team needs right now, despite the crappy run blocking we have.

I think the McD could build a dominant offense without Moreno between the 20's, but once you get in the red zone, it would be nice to have a smashmouth, and versatile, player like Hillis. This is a colossal screw up by McD who seems to be replicating the mediocrity of the late Shanahan years. Between picking up all the Patriot castoffs and his myopia of all other good players in the league, I have really begun to doubt McDs ability to bring the franchise back to prominence once again. And his youth might actually hurt in the long run as Bowlen might take this into account and stick with him.

that play was awful, cutler so severely underthrew him and he made an amazing catch. did denver get blown out that game? dont remember if that pass was in garbage time or not.

strafen
11-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Rabb;3001982Because that's why you draft people, you don't draft people to sit their whole careerExactly.
Hillis in his rookie year played in 12 games and started in 6 before he got injured. He missed 4 games right?
Then that would've at least put him at 16 games played and 10 starts, no?
That doesn't seem to point out to a guy buried in the depth chart, does it?

Well if he is as talented as everyone says, we should have seen that in training camp and practice, no?
I can't believe I even have to tell you this, but...
Hillis in TC wasn't getting reps with the first team, maybe he did as a FB in the blocking game, passing game and what not, but not as a featured back as far as being used to compete for a running back spot, I don't think that was even remotely the case
Shanahan had his featured backs getting reps with the 1st team.

Hillis was good enough in TC to have made the 53-man roster as a 7th rounder FB. Shanahan had his running backs, and Hillis was his FB

WolfpackGuy
11-11-2010, 06:34 PM
that play was awful, cutler so severely underthrew him and he made an amazing catch. did denver get blown out that game? dont remember if that pass was in garbage time or not.

It was a comeback win over the Cheaps which was the last game they won that year.

Coincidence?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-11-2010, 10:18 PM
At this rate I'd trade Moreno for a box of Girl Scout cookies.

Rabb
11-12-2010, 06:38 AM

It isn't that simple, and injuries probably had zero to do with why McD let him loose and kept him buried

but whatever, I obviously cannot grasp your simple concepts with it

Dedhed
11-12-2010, 07:01 AM
It isn't that simple, and injuries probably had zero to do with why McD let him loose and kept him buried

but whatever, I obviously cannot grasp your simple concepts with it

It's called occam's razor. You can develop conspiracy theories if you want to complicate things, but the simplest answer is that the dude didn't show the coaches enough to bump him up the depth chart.

Dedhed
11-12-2010, 07:05 AM
That doesn't seem to point out to a guy buried in the depth chart, does it?

I can't believe I even have to tell you this, but...
Hillis in TC wasn't getting reps with the first team,

Here's a lesson on how to completely contradict yourself in back-to-back sentences folks.

TomServo
11-13-2010, 03:39 AM
Yea, the Browns are 3-5.

and the broncos with "lets dance" moreno are what again? the Hillis trade is the talk of the nfl world why? so why is that insignificant trade on espn, nfl, sporting news, sports ill. yahoo, msn, etc?
its not just the mane or the DP.
the whole league is laughing at us.