PDA

View Full Version : Beadles at LG and Harris at RT

ND Bronco Fan
11-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Lindsay Jones
PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
Broncos O-Line today has Ryan Harris at right tackle, Zane Beadles at left guard.

From Lindsay Jones Twitter............good news.

TheChamp24
11-09-2010, 12:19 PM
And let there be running lanes!

Caveat Lector
11-09-2010, 12:20 PM
The way it should be...

_Oro_
11-09-2010, 12:22 PM
^5

ColoradoBuff
11-09-2010, 12:23 PM
finally!

Jesterhole
11-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Good news, Harris is solid when healthy. Just need the rooks to get more reps, and draft some solid backups.

HooptyHoops
11-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Getting our best players on the field!!

TheReverend
11-09-2010, 12:28 PM
About fcking time.

ND Bronco Fan
11-09-2010, 12:30 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/11/09/more-shuffling-for-broncos-offensive-line/5784/
More shuffling for Broncos offensive line
By Lindsay Jones

It only took till November, but the Broncos offensive line looks today like we all thought it would look back in August.

The Broncos opened practice today with the following offensive line: RT Ryan Harris, RG Chris Kuper, C J.D. Walton, LG Zane Beadles and LT Ryan Clady.

McDaniels earlier in the day played coy about any potential moves on the line following the bye, but it appears Harris has his job back at right tackle, while the team is giving Beadles another shot at left guard, where he first spent most of training camp.

tsiguy96
11-09-2010, 12:36 PM
im pretty positive harris wasnt in playing shape or something was wrong, hence why he was replaced. no way beadles was going to replace harris full time.

bronco militia
11-09-2010, 12:39 PM
this week is our superbowl......sweet!

Bob's your Information Minister
11-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Hali will pwn an out of shape and out of practice Ryan Harris.

PREPARE THE SACRIFICE!

http://sports.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/kyle-orton.jpg

Mile High Shack
11-09-2010, 12:44 PM
it's a win/win for us Bob

we lose, you were suppose to win, I mean we are 2-6

you lose, and your chiefs keep the downward spiral and just lost to a horrible 2-6 team

and oh yeah, finally we might see our oline get some stability, let's sacrifice my cock in the picture to the football gods to ensure no more injuries

Mr.Meanie
11-09-2010, 12:45 PM
finally!

$

baja
11-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Now Hilis will finally have some running room...

Bigdawg26
11-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Yeess finally!!!!

zdoor
11-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Should definitely help...

Pony Boy
11-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Now Hilis will finally have some running room...

Don't need to block if you have Hillis

oubronco
11-09-2010, 01:14 PM

Did you see him bowl over 3 Patriots to get in the endzone :strong:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-09-2010, 01:30 PM

Don't need anything if you've got Hillis. No O-line, QB, receivers, defense, special teams, coaches...

Hillis IS all three phases of the game.

Houshyamama
11-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Don't need anything if you've got Hillis. No O-line, QB, receivers, defense, special teams, coaches...

Hillis IS all three phases of the game.

1 v. 11 is the only way he plays the game

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Also:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o243/linalin/1179548503161.jpg?t=1192845531

Ray Finkle
11-09-2010, 01:46 PM
boom....called it!
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=94950

ColoradoDarin
11-09-2010, 01:52 PM
And Tebow saw that it was good!

crush17
11-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Great to hear this. We can only speculate that Harris was just not ready to be out there for the past few games and is now finally up to speed/feeling well enough to take his job back.

Kaylore
11-09-2010, 02:22 PM
It's frustrating that it took this long. Beadles and Walton side by side will be a concern, but even if it sucks, for the love of Tebow, LET THEM DEVELOP SOME CHEMISTRY AND LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!

crush17
11-09-2010, 02:26 PM
It's frustrating that it took this long. Beadles and Walton side by side will be a concern, but even if it sucks, for the love of Tebow, LET THEM DEVELOP SOME CHEMISTRY AND LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!

I agree. Barring any other injuries, its got to stay like this from here on out.

RunSilentRunDeep
11-09-2010, 02:50 PM

But that would require patience and the ability to stick to a plan. We're Broncos fans, we need perfection this week!!!!!!!

fontaine
11-09-2010, 03:18 PM
The coaches simply have no idea how to fix the OL. At this point starting, then benching, then back to starting is becoming the norm for the OL.

LG: Daniels started the season having "won" the job. A few weeks in and he goes to being inactive. Then comes in Hochstein for a few weeks and now Beadles.

Desperation move would be an understatement.

Br0nc0Buster
11-09-2010, 03:22 PM
The coaches simply have no idea how to fix the OL. At this point starting, then benching, then back to starting is becoming the norm for the OL.

LG: Daniels started the season having "won" the job. A few weeks in and he goes to being inactive. Then comes in Hochstein for a few weeks and now Beadles.

Desperation move would be an understatement.

Beadles has been a starter all year long, obviously Harris is healthy enough to move Beadles back to guard

this was supposed to be our line at the beginning of the year, then injuries happened

broncos-rock
11-09-2010, 04:44 PM
it's a win/win for us Bob

we lose, you were suppose to win, I mean we are 2-6

you lose, and your chiefs keep the downward spiral and just lost to a horrible 2-6 team

and oh yeah, finally we might see our oline get some stability, let's sacrifice my cock in the picture to the football gods to ensure no more injuries

Are we seriously sacrificing cocks? Can we sacrifice BOBS?Hilarious!

Tombstone RJ
11-09-2010, 07:13 PM
This is good news, I think. Now all the oline needs to do is to learn how to run block! The final piece of the puzzle is in place, unleash the running attack!

broncosteven
11-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Hali will pwn an out of shape and out of practice Ryan Harris.

PREPARE THE SACRIFICE!

http://sports.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/kyle-orton.jpg

Just think with a loss this week KFC could ceed the lead in the division...

STBumpkin
11-09-2010, 07:26 PM

That would only anger the gods.

brncs_fan
11-09-2010, 07:28 PM
http://www.syp.org.uk/assets/gallery/Weekly%20Update%20Images/awesome1_display.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-09-2010, 07:28 PM

It's not like he's using it for anything other than a chew toy.

Bigdawg26
11-09-2010, 07:34 PM
So does this mean we can finally open some holes and finally have a RB gain 100 yards???

sisterhellfyre
11-09-2010, 10:12 PM

Too late. There's a very good reason he's called Bob, as in cut short, and it's not because of his hair.

cutthemdown
11-09-2010, 10:34 PM
I guess it's a glimmer of hope. The problem is that neither Walton or Beadles has shown they can play yet.

Zoobie
11-09-2010, 11:49 PM
I guess it's a glimmer of hope. The problem is that neither Walton or Beadles has shown they can play yet.

I think not playing with all-stars Stanley Daniels and Russ Hochstein might help them out a bit.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-10-2010, 04:20 AM
So does this mean we can finally open some holes and finally have a RB gain 100 yards???

Absolutely not. The Chiefs' run defense is very good.

Br0nc0Buster
11-10-2010, 07:52 AM

Beadles hasnt been that bad
he should be an upgrade over Hoch

Dedhed
11-10-2010, 08:51 AM

I don't think it will make much of a difference in the short term, but i do think its beneficial in terms of the future. I think that Clady, Beadles, JD, and Kuper are the future at LT, LG, C, and RG respectively. If Harris can stay healthy he could be the final piece to a young OL that has the potential to be together for a long time.

At the very least we begin to develop some continuity at 4 of the OL spots. If Harris isn't in the future plans then at least we only have one guy to fit into the OL next year.

What i think was clear to everyone is that Hoch isn't in the future plans, and either is Beadles at RT. This way we have the most guys playing in the positions you'd see them in ideally for years to come. Hopefully they gel immediately, but I think it's possible they even regress a bit. Harris looked awful in his one start.

Whatever happens, I just hope we stick with that lineup, and rotate in a RT if Harris flails.

cutthemdown
11-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Beadles hasnt been that bad
he should be an upgrade over Hoch

He will have to be a lot better for it to make a difference. I haven't seen anything from Beadles yet that makes me feel he can win any matchups with the good interior dlineman. He may be better then Hochestien, i don't know, but unless he is better then the players he will be blocking it will make little difference.

cutthemdown
11-10-2010, 10:38 AM
I think not playing with all-stars Stanley Daniels and Russ Hochstein might help them out a bit.

I've watched Walton just get get ragdolled at the snap. How can that be another linemans fault. Ball gets snapped, big dlineman just instantly abuses Walton and penetrates to backfield. Not sure how we can blame that on Hochstien and Daniels.

Walton looks horrible to me. I would be really surprised if he is anything more then a bkup next yr. Well it's the Broncos so I won't be surprised.

UberBroncoMan
11-10-2010, 12:49 PM
I've watched Walton just get get ragdolled at the snap. How can that be another linemans fault. Ball gets snapped, big dlineman just instantly abuses Walton and penetrates to backfield. Not sure how we can blame that on Hochstien and Daniels.

Walton looks horrible to me. I would be really surprised if he is anything more then a bkup next yr. Well it's the Broncos so I won't be surprised.

What's funny is he did pretty good for Suh in college. Suh is looking like DROY right now. He's flat out nasty.

rugbythug
11-10-2010, 12:52 PM

He is a rookie in general they are not good. Nalen was inactive as a rookie

cutthemdown
11-10-2010, 03:15 PM
He is a rookie in general they are not good. Nalen was inactive as a rookie

I said in offseason this kid could be good but to rely on a rookie at center spelled big problems for me. What a stupid plan.

CEH
11-11-2010, 07:37 AM
This is more about seeing if Harris is a long term solution at RT than moving Beadles back inside. He's a FA after the season so the team need to make a determination if he has a future in Denver. Beadles may still end up at RT next year

Zoobie
11-11-2010, 10:35 PM

I'm not saying a lot of it is not his own fault. However, having those scrubs playing along side you does absolutely nothing to help.

strafen
11-11-2010, 10:43 PM
I actually like this lineup of our OL; Clady, Bradles, Walton, Kuper, Harris
I like Beadles better at guard than I like him at tackle.

Walton is having a rough time out there, but he's been holding his own...
The more we play the more chances of being challenged it will be for Walton, until he proves himself

TheChamp24
11-12-2010, 06:48 AM

I gotta agree Walton has played below average for the most part and I pray he progresses to be solid starting center.

_Oro_
11-12-2010, 07:54 AM
I just hoping we can see more of this Walton:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d81aac1bd/RB-Buckhalter-1-yd-run-TD

Ray Finkle
11-12-2010, 08:22 AM
I gotta agree Walton has played below average for the most part and I pray he progresses to be solid starting center.

very rarely does a Center come into the league and do well. Pouncey is an oddity in this. Mangold had issues, Mawae had issues, etc.....

They not only have to learn the speed of the game but make the calls. As the unit stabilizes, I hope to see an improvement from Walton.

cutthemdown
11-12-2010, 09:35 AM
very rarely does a Center come into the league and do well. Pouncey is an oddity in this. Mangold had issues, Mawae had issues, etc.....

They not only have to learn the speed of the game but make the calls. As the unit stabilizes, I hope to see an improvement from Walton.

Right but mostly they have trouble in the area you talk about. But Walton has trouble playing after the ball snapped. When you watch him engaged with a defender he gets physical beaten more often then not. Not sure that is coaching etc etc. He could just not be strong enough.