PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances that Harris is heathy now?

Ray Finkle
11-09-2010, 06:58 AM
So Beatles can be moved to LG and get Hock out of the lineup as a starter?

jhns
11-09-2010, 07:00 AM
I thought he was benched for his play? When did he take another injury?

TheReverend
11-09-2010, 07:02 AM
What are the chances he's been healthy and Josh wants Beadles at RT?

Ray Finkle
11-09-2010, 07:03 AM

I think the move was made because he wasn't healthy.....he played like crap when he was in. Toe injuries take a long time to recover from, then add a high ankle sprain on top of that.

montrose
11-09-2010, 07:05 AM
If any of you guys are interested, Ryan has his own show every Tuesday at 87.7 The Ticket coming up at 9am - www.877theticket.com - it's a topic that comes up weekly.

Homer Simpson
11-09-2010, 07:07 AM

http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/1/5/8/0/tinfoil_hat.jpg

You're joking right?

Ray Finkle
11-09-2010, 07:17 AM
If any of you guys are interested, Ryan has his own show every Tuesday at 87.7 The Ticket coming up at 9am - www.877theticket.com - it's a topic that comes up weekly.

anyway you can recap it?

Garcia Bronco
11-09-2010, 07:19 AM
I wouldn't bet a nickle that slack ****er is ready to play.

TheReverend
11-09-2010, 07:31 AM
http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/1/5/8/0/tinfoil_hat.jpg

You're joking right?

Very cute, idiot. Absent from the injury report since the Titans game

49ers: http://broncotalk.net/2010/10/18974/injury-report/denver-broncos-at-san-francisco-49ers-injury-report/

Raiders: http://broncotalk.net/2010/10/18620/injury-report/denver-broncos-vs-oakland-raiders-injury-report/

Jets: http://broncotalk.net/2010/10/18323/injury-report/denver-broncos-vs-new-york-jets-injury-report/

Ravens: http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/10/8/1739345/denver-broncos-at-baltimore-ravens-injury-report-10-8-2010

Titans: http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/9/30/1723749/nfl-week-4-denver-broncos-at-tennessee-titans-thursday-injury-report

montrose
11-09-2010, 08:15 AM
anyway you can recap it?

I'll try.

TheReverend
11-09-2010, 08:18 AM
I'll try.

What has he been saying about it for the past month and a half? Any memorable quotes? Anything to paraphrase?

Ray Finkle
11-09-2010, 08:23 AM
I'll try.

You the man!

thank you.

Popps
11-09-2010, 08:23 AM
You're joking right?

Harris has indeed been a little beat up all year, and hasn't looked good. I'm not so sure McDaniels "wants" Beadles over there... but I think Harris' play hasn't given him a lot of options.

oubronco
11-09-2010, 08:25 AM

From what i've seen Beadles is doing a better job than Harris for whatever reason so why would Josh change

TheReverend
11-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Harris has indeed been a little beat up all year, and hasn't looked good. I'm not so sure McDaniels "wants" Beadles over there... but I think Harris' play hasn't given him a lot of options.

If he's "a little beat up" the taken approach is curious. He's been participating fully in practices for a month and a half and given Sunday's to rest his "injuries".

A little backwards, imho, but hey, can't argue with these OL results. Hilarious!

TheReverend
11-09-2010, 08:30 AM
From what i've seen Beadles is doing a better job than Harris for whatever reason so why would Josh change

I'm satisfied with Beadles' play. That still doesn't excuse the gaping holes we have on our OL.

If the longterm plan is to have him at Tackle, you definitely stay the course.

...but if that's the case, whoever thought Hochstein/Daniels were sufficient at LG this past offseason should be fired yesterday.

If Beadles was, in fact, brought in to play LG, then why isn't he there now?

Popps
11-09-2010, 08:40 AM
If he's "a little beat up" the taken approach is curious.

He was in the line-up until his play became bad enough to remove him. He hasn't looked healthy to me, all year. Not the same guy we saw early last season.

But, maybe he just decided to quit playing well. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt... in addition to the fact that we all know he's hurt as much as he's healthy.

TheReverend
11-09-2010, 08:47 AM
But, maybe he just decided to quit playing well.

I'm sure that's it Uhh

Popps
11-09-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm sure that's it Uhh

Sorry man, I forgot you had to go "macho" in every post.

Care to tell me what we're even arguing about?

He's not in the line-up, correct? I think we can agree he wasn't playing well, correct?

What's the point of contention so I can play along with your little fight?

Ray Finkle
11-09-2010, 08:57 AM
I can see it now, an OM fund raiser.

A pillow fight between Popps and Rev. I'd throw down some cash to see that one :D

Popps
11-09-2010, 09:01 AM
I can see it now, an OM fund raiser.

A pillow fight between Popps and Rev. I'd throw down some cash to see that one :D

Taco is going to put me in one of those dunking machines where you throw the baseball with a picture of McD's face on the target.

Actually, an Orange Mane carnival would be pretty awesome.

The Popps Dunking booth.

The Peyton Hillis "hugs" booth.

Jake Plummer Boxing. (One guy wears a Griese mask, the other Jake.)

The Cutler Toss - where you have to throw the ball off of your back foot to the defender.

The possibilities are endless...

Ray Finkle
11-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Taco is going to put me in one of those dunking machines where you throw the baseball with a picture of McD's face on the target.

The Popps Dunking booth.

The Cutler Toss - where you have to throw the ball off of your back foot to the defender while shotgunning a beer

the Tatum Bell avoid contact at the line bumper cars?

the Dale Carter snow ride?

Popps
11-09-2010, 09:06 AM
This is ****ing funny. Needs a thread.

BlueCrusher
11-09-2010, 09:08 AM
the Tatum Bell avoid contact at the line bumper cars?

the Dale Carter snow ride?

I would figure it would be the Dale Carter eye poke.

Beantown Bronco
11-09-2010, 09:12 AM

The Popps Dunking booth.

The Cutler Toss - where you have to throw the ball off of your back foot to the defender.

I'm sure the "The Kyle Orton/Bang a skank in Meck's Bus" exhibit would be popular.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
11-09-2010, 09:12 AM
So Beatles can be moved to LG and get Hock out of the lineup as a starter?

The Jewish influences in Denver will do whatever necessary to keep Hochstein in the lineup. His starting gig is above McDaniels. Bowlen has to negotiate the deal and give something back to us.

Goobzilla
11-09-2010, 09:24 AM
The Jewish influences in Denver will do whatever necessary to keep Hochstein in the lineup. His starting gig is above McDaniels. Bowlen has to negotiate the deal and give something back to us.

Whaaaaat?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Goobzilla/image004.jpg

TheReverend
11-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Sorry man, I forgot you had to go "macho" in every post.

Care to tell me what we're even arguing about?

He's not in the line-up, correct? I think we can agree he wasn't playing well, correct?

What's the point of contention so I can play along with your little fight?

Your assertion that maybe he "decided to quit playing well". Clearly it's that and has nothing to do with coaching or scheme changes.

Goobzilla
11-09-2010, 09:43 AM
All the returning linemen look worse this year than last. Is it injuries, scheme, or bad position coaching?

Popps
11-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Your assertion that maybe he "decided to quit playing well". Clearly it's that and has nothing to do with coaching or scheme changes.

Was kidding, dude.

Lighten up.

Popps
11-09-2010, 09:45 AM
All the returning linemen look worse this year than last. Is it injuries, scheme, or bad position coaching?

Add youth to that, and I think all of the above, potentially.

TheReverend
11-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Was kidding, dude.

Lighten up.

That's fine... would you answer the actual points of the conversation then:

So do you think there is an injury that they're approaching terribly wrong, or do you feel we failed in the off season or do you think it's poor coaching/scheme or a mix of all of the above?

Popps
11-09-2010, 09:59 AM
That's fine... would you answer the actual points of the conversation then:

So do you think there is an injury that they're approaching terribly wrong, or do you feel we failed in the off season or do you think it's poor coaching/scheme or a mix of all of the above?

Position coaching is something I mentioned in my mid-season thread. I know having Clady and Harris (at least at times) hobbled has hurt things, but our run blocking is just embarrassing. These are professional athletes. There HAS to be a better way to get production out of them. Some of the finger has to point at coaching.

Scheme? I don't really know. I'm no expert on OL technique and scheme, but whatever they're doing isn't working. We have no lanes to run through most of the season.

Pass-blocking has been up and down. Not horrible, but not great.

I will say, the past couple of games... there may have been a beacon of light with regards to run-blocking. I've seen occasional holes being opened up.

TheReverend
11-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Position coaching is something I mentioned in my mid-season thread. I know having Clady and Harris (at least at times) hobbled has hurt things, but our run blocking is just embarrassing. These are professional athletes. There HAS to be a better way to get production out of them. Some of the finger has to point at coaching.

Scheme? I don't really know. I'm no expert on OL technique and scheme, but whatever they're doing isn't working. We have no lanes to run through most of the season.

Pass-blocking has been up and down. Not horrible, but not great.

I will say, the past couple of games... there may have been a beacon of light with regards to run-blocking. I've seen occasional holes being opened up.

If Harris is hobbled, why is he only missing games? He hasn't even been limited participation in practice for a month and a half.

Beantown Bronco
11-09-2010, 10:04 AM
If Harris is hobbled, why is he only missing games? He hasn't even been limited participation in practice for a month and a half.

Because in practice, he's only expected to go against Broncos defenders. He can do that at 50%. In the games, he'd have to actually go against real NFL quality defenders.

TheReverend
11-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Because in practice, he's only expected to go against Broncos defenders. He can do that at 50%. In the games, he'd have to actually go against real NFL quality defenders.

Over $30 million worth on that DL :thumbsup:

Rock Chalk
11-09-2010, 10:07 AM

Zing!

Popps
11-09-2010, 10:37 AM

Oh, I'm not ruling out the possibility that he's just not playing well. But, it's hard to know what kind of physical condition he's really in. Clady is practicing, but he's clearly not himself.

In any case, I'm not surprised the move was made. Harris just wasn't playing well.

Br0nc0Buster
11-09-2010, 10:40 AM
I dont really care whether Harris plays anymore or not
the guy gets hurt as soon as he steps on the field anyway

perhaps Josh figured the 6 1/2 quarters Harris would give us before he went down again was not worth shuffling the oline around some more

driver
11-09-2010, 11:18 AM

Just speculation on my part but how about this>>
Maybe he said........
"Hey coach what kind of bULLSHI_ call was that?"
or
"That's the dumbest most assinine play I've ever seen!"

OR??

ND Bronco Fan
11-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Lindsay Jones
PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
Broncos O-Line today has Ryan Harris at right tackle, Zane Beadles at left guard.

go_broncos
11-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Oh, I'm not ruling out the possibility that he's just not playing well. But, it's hard to know what kind of physical condition he's really in. Clady is practicing, but he's clearly not himself.

In any case, I'm not surprised the move was made. Harris just wasn't playing well.

Popps : Mcd did right decision..Harris played well in bye week.