PDA

View Full Version : Broncos have one more big game: Sunday vs. Chiefs

baja
11-08-2010, 09:06 PM
The Chiefs, in my view, were the better team. But their youth showed. Besides Matt Cassel’s killer red zone interception near the end of the first half, how many interceptions did their secondary drop?

Anyway, the Broncos, as they stand here today, are not in playoff contention. But they will be if they beat the Chiefs on Sunday at Invesco Field. Beat the Chiefs and the Broncos are two games back in the AFC West with seven to play. And five of those seven are within the division.

Here’s how the AFC West standings would look if the Broncos win Sunday:

Raiders, 5-4

Chiefs 5-4

Chargers 4-5

Broncos 3-6

Beat the Chiefs and the Broncos can rightly say their following week’s game, at San Diego on Monday night, is a huge game.

If the Broncos lose at home to the Chiefs, then there will be no more big games remaining.

By MIKE KLIS

Rohirrim
11-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Yep. This Sunday is the make it or break it game of this season.

Archer81
11-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Yep. This Sunday is the make it or break it game of this season.

And its week 10...

Slightly depressing.

:Broncos:

baja
11-08-2010, 09:33 PM
And its week 10...

Slightly depressing.

If we lose to the Chiefs I predict there will be a lot of threads about;

1. The draft

2. Firing McDaniels.

3. Hillis

Rohirrim
11-08-2010, 09:34 PM

1. The draft

2. Firing McDaniels.

3. Hillis

Imagine the Tebow threads. :oyvey:

Archer81
11-08-2010, 09:36 PM

1. The draft

2. Firing McDaniels.

3. Hillis

There will only be threads on Hillis if he has a big day. Apparently he is only used as a hammer when he actually does something positive.

But otherwise you are correct.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-09-2010, 12:17 AM
lol @ you guys thinking you're in playoff contention, even with a win.

If the Chiefs drop this game, the Chargers are going to win the division most likely.

San Diego is going to roll Denver like Bob rolling over in his bed and smashing half-eaten twinkies.

Popps
11-09-2010, 12:20 AM

1. The draft

2. Firing McDaniels.

3. Hillis

Hilarious!

Popps
11-09-2010, 12:21 AM
If the Chiefs drop this game, the Chargers are going to win the division most likely.

Wow, how quickly the tune has started to change... eh, Boob?

Funny stuff.

ZONA
11-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Simple, if we lose, we go to 2-7 and I will know what it has been like to be a Chiefs and Raiders fan for the past 10 years. Hilarious!

11-09-2010, 01:32 AM
Simple, if we lose, we go to 2-7 and I will know what it has been like to be a Chiefs and Raiders fan for the past 10 years. Hilarious!

Or a Broncos fans for the last five years.

No playoffs for the Broncos in five long, long years.

Taco John
11-09-2010, 03:36 AM

The Chiefs have won three post season games in the last 40 years. Is there really anything that you think you can say about the playoffs that is going to stick?

TDmvp
11-09-2010, 03:50 AM

At least the Broncos have won two Super Bowls since I've been alive and been there a crap load of times.

I think you and me are about the same age Bob.

Do you remember K.C. even being in one in your life Bob ?

Hell dude Denver could go 20-70 over the next decade and it wouldn't kill me , God gave me the Super Bowls I wanted , and even if we went 20-70 for the next decade we still would have had a better last 40 years then K.C ...
Hilarious!

Bronco Rob
11-09-2010, 05:12 AM

The chefs won 10 games in three seasons and yer runnin' smack?

BTW:What is the significance of this date - January 16th, 1994

?

Hilarious!

TheChamp24
11-09-2010, 07:00 AM
In order to sniff the playoffs, we'll have to basically win out and that is highly unlikely.

JJG
11-09-2010, 07:00 AM
lol @ you guys thinking you're in playoff contention, even with a win.

San Diego is going to roll Denver like Bob rolling over in his bed and smashing half-eaten twinkies.

BS.....bob wouldn't leave half eaten twinkies within arms reach.

jhns
11-09-2010, 07:43 AM
I think all of the games are still important to this organization. The remaining games are going to decide the future of this team. Even if we have no chance at playoffs, the front office will probably stay the same if they stay competitive. If we play the remaining games like the last couple, we are probably going to see a LOT of changes. How we perform in all the remaining division games will be the biggest factor.

Ray Finkle
11-09-2010, 07:48 AM

1. The draft

2. Firing McDaniels.

3. Hillis

you forgot the new #4. SMITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesterhole
11-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Any sort of Cheaps lopsided victory here, and we can pretty much guarantee the end of the McDaniels era.

11-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Any sort of Cheaps lopsided victory here, and we can pretty much guarantee the end of the McDaniels era.

No, you can't.

You're stuck with McTurd for 24 more games.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H-Q7b-vHY3Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H-Q7b-vHY3Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>