PDA

View Full Version : Hire Wade Phillips TODAY

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Hire Wade to be our DC TODAY and get this moron Wink back to where he bleongs.

tsiguy96
11-08-2010, 01:25 PM
yea i support this, but how many DCs can a single team have over a 10 year span?

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Bring the Son of Bum home today.

baja
11-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Can he heal Doom Ayers and McBath

loborugger
11-08-2010, 01:27 PM
yea i support this, but how many DCs can a single team have over a 10 year span?

One more. There is always room for one more.

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2010, 01:28 PM

No, but he's a defensive expert to help our near dead last defense. His defenses have damn near dominated everywhere he's been.

Denver's defense hasn't been as good since he was here (excluding his head coaching stint and Robinsons 3 year run)

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Bowlen could make it happen.

Popps
11-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Dallas' D gave up 35 pts or in several consecutive games, and they look to have at least marginal talent on D.

Wade might be a good coordinator, but his defense in Dallas wasn't great.

bronco militia
11-08-2010, 01:31 PM
can he play NT?

Smiling Assassin27
11-08-2010, 01:32 PM

If there's one thing Wade can do, it's coach up a defense. Without the hassle of leading a team, he could be the single most important coaching piece of this jumbled up puzzle.

I wonder if McD and he can co-exist and even get along. They seem to be very different in demeanor.

Paladin
11-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Dallas' D gave up 35 pts or in several consecutive games, and they look to have at least marginal talent on D.

Oh! I see what you are doing.......

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2010, 01:33 PM

I think there you have him tied up in more than just the defense, but he did call the defense this year.

baja
11-08-2010, 01:34 PM
No, but he's a defensive expert to help our near dead last defense. His defenses have damn near dominated everywhere he's been.

Denver's defense hasn't been as good since he was here (excluding his head coaching stint and Robinsons 3 year run)

I already posted we should hire Wade as a defensive consultant

RaiderH8r
11-08-2010, 01:35 PM
can he play NT?

On this club? Likely. Pretty likely. He's slow but hefty in the britches.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-08-2010, 01:38 PM
If he comes to Denver, at least he won't be hamstrung by a GM that only gave him 3 CBs and a glut of ****ty safeties on the defense.

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2010, 01:45 PM
If he comes to Denver, at least he won't be hamstrung by a GM that only gave him 3 CBs and a glut of ****ty safeties on the defense.

that's the other thing. McDaniels gets no say in how he runs his defense. Nolan was doing great here until McDaniels opened his "monkey ****ing a football" mouth

Beantown Bronco
11-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Nolan was doing great here until McDaniels opened his "monkey ****ing a football" mouth

Again, let's quit perpetuating this myth. The Indy game was the first where McD and Nolan had their verbal altercation. The defense started sucking well over a month before that game.

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Again, let's quit perpetuating this myth. The Indy game was the first where McD and Nolan had their verbal altercation. The defense started sucking well over a month before that game.

The article at the time clearly stated that McDaniels didn't like the way Nolan was running his defense and made him change it. Our problem then was his offense and the lack of runnin ga....things are still the same, but worse.

McDaniels is a good OC, but he doesn't know talent be it coaches or players.

UberBroncoMan
11-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Just a little FYI for everyone. Wade was also the DC in Dallas this year.

Broncomutt
11-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Is he prepared to call the defense the way McDaniels tells him he should?

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Just a little FYI for everyone. Wade was also the DC in Dallas this year.

See post number 12

OBF1
11-08-2010, 02:00 PM
He would break off 2K in this system

montrose
11-08-2010, 02:02 PM

rep

TonyR
11-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Pair him up with Marty and then we can choke in the playoffs every year! Of course it would be nice to at least make the playoffs...

jhns
11-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah, let's just have the Nolan situation play out a second time. No proven coordinator is going to work with McDaniels. McDaniels wants a yes man....

HILife
11-08-2010, 02:09 PM

GB 45
Dallas 7

broncocalijohn
11-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Bring the Son of Bum home today.

knew this would be a topic. You really need to ask yourself if McD got rid of many guys that Shanny had just the year before, why would you think he would bring in something "Denver" from 17 years ago? Even though Dallas' offense is horrendous with Kitna at the helm, the defense gives up a ton of points this year.

TotallyScrewed
11-08-2010, 02:11 PM
The article at the time clearly stated that McDaniels didn't like the way Nolan was running his defense and made him change it. Our problem then was his offense and the lack of runnin ga....things are still the same, but worse.

I totally agree with getting Wade the DC in here. He is great at talent evaluation and game day coach. I also totally agree with your statement about McD. McD is too big an egomaniac to see talent in others or admit the problem. I don't think that anybody in there right mind comes to work for McD.

Bronco Yoda
11-08-2010, 02:15 PM
I have consulted the oracles

The Oracles of Pigskinsychus have revealed to me...in the near future..... a returning Bronco at the helm.

He did not wear a star but was last seen in the Lone Star State.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-08-2010, 02:18 PM
When Wade is allowed to be a DC and has that as his only responsibility, he's been shown to put up good units. He's no longer HC material and has once again proven that it's almost impossible to work for Jerry Jones.

missingnumber7
11-08-2010, 02:25 PM

UMMM...Wade is a Bum and not just the son of Bum. He looked lost and disinterested last night....and what makes you think he can do ANYTHING positive.

WolfpackGuy
11-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Why would he want to come back anyway?

TheReverend
11-08-2010, 02:31 PM
I have consulted the oracles

The Oracles of Pigskinsychus have revealed to me...in the near future..... a returning Bronco at the helm.

He did not wear a star but was last seen in the Lone Star State.

I could deal with Kubiak.

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2010, 02:37 PM
UMMM...Wade is a Bum and not just the son of Bum. He looked lost and disinterested last night....and what makes you think he can do ANYTHING positive.

You would too if Jerry Jones made your personal decisions and then blamed you for the failure.

Homer Simpson
11-08-2010, 02:39 PM
We really weren't bad until Ayers and Dawkins went down.

Quoydogs
11-08-2010, 02:43 PM
GB 45
Dallas 7

Oakland 59
Denver 14

Taco John
11-08-2010, 02:44 PM

Don't underestimate the restorative powers of Wade Phillip's urine.

TheProfessor
11-08-2010, 03:04 PM

We just cut all the west coast / 4-3 talent-

Imagine trying to run an offense based on Ortons ability to run the bootleg.

Bronco Yoda
11-08-2010, 03:06 PM
... or the ZBS.

jhns
11-08-2010, 03:10 PM
We really weren't bad until Ayers and Dawkins went down.

We just lost to the **** 49ers with Dawkins. Are you really claiming Ayers makes that big of a difference?

Anyways, at what point this season were we not bad? I must have missed the win streaks.

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2010, 03:25 PM
In NFL terms, this defense couldn't keep a 4 year-old from an elevated cookie jar.

Draft an NT to run a 3-4 Moron McDaniels. Everyone knows this. You apparently do not. Hopefully we get another wide reciever or 8 and 6 CB's over our next two drafts.

zdoor
11-08-2010, 03:40 PM

Me too

HILife
11-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Oakland 59
Denver 14

That just tells me we shouldn't have either one.

Rohirrim
11-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Can Wade Phillips run block?

NFLBRONCO
11-08-2010, 03:42 PM
No thanks on Kubes new blood who likes speed

FantomForce
11-08-2010, 03:43 PM
So bring back the guy that worked his way up in our franchise, became the head coach, got fired, and was replaced by the guy who won 2 superbowls. Brilliant, only 4-6 years away from a Super Bowl, pick up the mf phone Bowlen!

Homer Simpson
11-08-2010, 03:46 PM
We just lost to the **** 49ers with Dawkins. Are you really claiming Ayers makes that big of a difference?

Anyways, at what point this season were we not bad? I must have missed the win streaks.

You are a very angry boy.

SoDak Bronco
11-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Wade sucks, he can't help this defense. We need talent not overhyped coaches

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Don't underestimate the restorative powers of Wade Phillip's urine.

So THAT'S how taco stays regular.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-08-2010, 03:57 PM
You are a very angry boy.

He just hasn't figured out, even with all his bluster about how everything starts up front on defense, Brian Dawkins doesn't play in the front 7.

Durka. Durrr.

ZONA
11-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I doubt Wade could coach defensive bench players to be as good as starters. We already know the defense can't be fixed this year, just too many good players out of action. It's the offense that we have to get fixed and now, and mostly it's the running game that needs fixed. I don't think Wade will help the Broncos much if at all.

Taco John
11-08-2010, 04:13 PM
So THAT'S how taco stays regular.

Credit where credit is due. Baja is the one who turned me on to the Wade Phillips colon cleanse.

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2010, 04:14 PM
There are a handfull of guys that make good defenses where ever they go.

Greg Williams
Rex Ryan
Dick LeBeau
And Wade Phillips are the guys.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Credit where credit is due. Baja is the one who turned me on to the Wade Phillips colon cleanse.

Metimucil has always worked for me.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-08-2010, 04:16 PM

Greg Williams
Rex Ryan
Dick LeBeau

I'd actually add Rob Ryan to that list. He always had his guys ready to play in Oakland, even when they didn't have talent they were still pretty feisty (for the most part). Plus, he looks like he just got off a motorcycle and is now ready to either coach a football game or stomp a mudhole in your ass.

baja
11-08-2010, 04:16 PM

By the looks of Wade I doubt I'd recommend that one. He looks like he has a pretty full colon to me.

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I'd actually add Rob Ryan to that list. He always had his guys ready to play in Oakland, even when they didn't have talent they were still pretty feisty (for the most part). Plus, he looks like he just got off a motorcycle and is now ready to either coach a football game or stomp a mudhole in your ass.

And Ron Rivera. He's badass too.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-08-2010, 04:30 PM
And Ron Rivera. He's badass too.

yep. Good pull. One of my night terrors is that San Diego fires Norvell and has Rivera as a head coach. I think he'd be a good one.

RaiderH8r
11-08-2010, 04:37 PM

No win streaks with this club. Bacon strips? Yes. Win streaks? No

cutthemdown
11-08-2010, 04:56 PM
I've been hoping for just that. Great defensive guy, not good having to be the ass kicker head coach.

uplink
11-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Once a guy is fired from an organization as a HC, that is the end of it. No way Wade comes back to Denver as DC.

colonelbeef
11-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Ugh.

Wade is a loser, always has been

Jetmeck
11-08-2010, 05:28 PM

He is not even a good OC. Two years of his way and what we got.
Dead last running game and about the same passing game we had before McDummy.

Jesterhole
11-08-2010, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Phillips as our DC. Couldn't do much worse than Wink 'Let's-just-promote-this-guy Martindale.

He's a much better right hand man than main man. Doesn't inspire or cause fear...but knows his stuff.

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Phillips as our DC. Couldn't do much worse than Wink 'Let's-just-promote-this-guy Martindale.

He's a much better right hand man than main man. Doesn't inspire or cause fear...but knows his stuff.

That's ultimately the advantage. It's the experience. It's a lack of direction and experience from Martindale to win now. And maybe we need to get that first pick or top 5 pick and take our lumps. It's what the teams that are beating us have done. We haven't drafted in the top ten for almost 2 decades(roughly 17 years)

We did have the 10 pick in 2001, but traded down and took O'Neal

strafen
11-08-2010, 06:18 PM

He's a much better right hand man than main man. Doesn't inspire or cause fear...but knows his stuff.Martindale experience has been with the 4-3 defense. That coupled with calling a game for the first time in the NFL, spells disaster

dbfan21
11-08-2010, 06:40 PM
can he play nt?

lol

TonyR
11-08-2010, 07:02 PM

Of course I'd be fine with Phillips as our DC but this "Wink sucks" stuff is ridiculous. You're talking out your azz. You have no clue what you're talking about and have no idea whether or not he's a good DC. He doesn't have much to work with right now and he's had a lot of injuries. Every good DC in the league had to be promoted to that position at some point. This notion that you have to always hire guys who have been let go from other teams rather than promote capable guys is just stupid.

Jesterhole
11-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Ugh.

Wade is a loser, always has been

I wouldn't go that far. He's always been an average head coach, but a good to great coordinator.

Jesterhole
11-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Of course I'd be fine with Phillips as our DC but this "Wink sucks" stuff is ridiculous. You're talking out your azz. You have no clue what you're talking about and have no idea whether or not he's a good DC. He doesn't have much to work with right now and he's had a lot of injuries. Every good DC in the league had to be promoted to that position at some point. This notion that you have to always hire guys who have been let go from other teams rather than promote capable guys is just stupid.

You're right. I should just trust that McFail did all he could to look for the best possible candidate, but we just lucked out because he happened to be on our staff already. I mean, after the Raiders came in here and took a dump on our coffee table, I shouldn't dare question Wink.

I never said you had to hire from outside. However, a good, experienced, proven guy is available, and at this point, can't do worse.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-08-2010, 07:37 PM
He is not even a good OC. Two years of his way and what we got.
Dead last running game and about the same passing game we had before McDummy.

Not even close, but who's gonna stop you from going full retard at this point?

Killericon
11-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Bring him in as an "Assistant Head Coach for Defensive Line" or something.

Dudeskey
11-08-2010, 08:08 PM
When Wade is allowed to be a DC and has that as his only responsibility, he's been shown to put up good units. He's no longer HC material and has once again proven that it's almost impossible to work for Jerry Jones.

Never was HC material. Neither was Norv, but both as coordinators in a staff would be pretty damn good.

Bring him in as an "Assistant Head Coach for Defensive Line" or something.
"Quality control" LOL

strafen
11-08-2010, 11:23 PM

That's got zero chances of happening this year, not even next year...

footstepsfrom#27
11-09-2010, 12:18 AM
can he play NT?
He might challenge for 2nd team. ;D

Phillips would be a good choice at the end of the season, but he's an emotional wreck right now, and there's no way this guy is ready to go from getting fired as a HC in Dallas to being Josh's next scapegoat in a couple weeks. But I support bringing him in for next season. He knows the 3-4 as well as anyone.

cutthemdown
11-09-2010, 03:07 AM

yeah but his body of work on the defensive side of the ball is solid.

Caveat Lector
11-09-2010, 03:40 AM

Greg Williams
Rex Ryan
Dick LeBeau

Didn't Gregg Williams get his ass kicked to the curb after only 1 year in Jacksonville?

footstepsfrom#27
11-09-2010, 07:09 AM
They have better than marginal talent on defense. Their D has signficantly under performed this year. That said, nobody can work for Jerry Jones and keep the respect of their players because Jones emasculates his coaches. That's why this guy has fired both Johnson and Parcells and why I knew Shanahan had no interest in coming here.

Ray Finkle
11-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Didn't Gregg Williams get his ass kicked to the curb after only 1 year in Jacksonville?

Williams has a habit of undermining the head coach in effort to get him fired and replace him. #1 reason why he was kicked to the curb from DC.

missingnumber7
11-09-2010, 07:39 AM
You would too if Jerry Jones made your personal decisions and then blamed you for the failure.

I really can't disagree with that. But the only person that ever looks more disinterested when shown on tv is Tom Moore of the Colts, but he's just a figure head doing what Payton says. For a defensive coach to be that kinda guy, just don't seem right.

fontaine
11-09-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm all for bringing in an experienced DC with years of working a very good 3-4 D compared to our LBer's coach who's masquerading as a Defensive coordinator who can't actually count to 11 with any accuracy or consistency.

Garcia Bronco
11-09-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm all for bringing in an experienced DC with years of working a very good 3-4 D compared to our LBer's coach who's masquerading as a Defensive coordinator who can't actually count to 11 with any accuracy or consistency.

That's what I am talking about

Rock Chalk
11-09-2010, 11:04 AM

Yep and then went to NO and turned a mediocre defense into an opportunistic superbowl winning defense.

broncosteven
11-09-2010, 11:40 AM

I am all for us returning Stink Martindouche (too many choices) to the Ohio High school pool of football talent and signing Son of Bum as our DC NOW!

Wade is a great DC, I always admired what he did with our D's and what he did in SD.

I bet Wade could turn what we currently have on the field into a top 15 unit this year and the sky would be the limit next year.

Ray Finkle
11-09-2010, 11:48 AM
I am all for us returning Stink Martindouche (too many choices) to the Ohio High school pool of football talent and signing Son of Bum as our DC NOW!

Wade is a great DC, I always admired what he did with our D's and what he did in SD.

I bet Wade could turn what we currently have on the field into a top 15 unit this year and the sky would be the limit next year.

except the fact that WADE WILSON HATES BOWLEN for dumping him and hiring Shanny. He still thinks those super bowls should have been his.

Not happening folks....

broncosteven
11-09-2010, 11:53 AM
except the fact that WADE WILSON HATES BOWLEN for dumping him and hiring Shanny. He still thinks those super bowls should have been his.

Not happening folks....

Never heard that one, must have been pre-internetwebs drama.

driver
11-09-2010, 11:58 AM

Far as I know, NO LIMIT!Hilarious!

Ray Finkle
11-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Never heard that one, must have been pre-internetwebs drama.

they interviewed him for SI or SN during the superbowl runs. He didn't flat out saying but pointed that many of the core guys in the super bowl run were brought him by him (Zim for example).

fontaine
11-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Seriously, WTF do we have to lose in bringing in Wade Phillips?

Look at the defensive draft history for the Cowboys along the front 7. Look at the development of players like Ratliff, Ware, etc, etc?

I'm under no illusion about Josh. He's going to need a solid DC just like Shanahan did.

At this point in time, with what little experience we have in so many assistants, then Wade would be welcome here.

FFS, if Josh can hire his brother who barely had any college experience and sticks him in an NFL job then Wade should be a no-brainer.

Take a freakin' look at what KC are doing now with Crennel/Weis in just one offseason. Who doesn't want some of that?

broncosteven
11-09-2010, 12:44 PM
they interviewed him for SI or SN during the superbowl runs. He didn't flat out saying but pointed that many of the core guys in the super bowl run were brought him by him (Zim for example).

That I remember but I didn't know he was still butt hurt about being let go.

Ray Finkle
11-09-2010, 12:53 PM
That I remember but I didn't know he was still butt hurt about being let go.

closet he's probably ever come to winning a title, I'd be bitter if I was a hired bench warmer.

fontaine
11-09-2010, 01:18 PM
closet he's probably ever come to winning a title, I'd be bitter if I was a hired bench warmer.

C'mon, he's been a yes man for Jerry going on years and lately was just keep the seat warm for Garrett.

broncosteven
11-09-2010, 01:24 PM

I thought he got the cowboys into the playoffs and not for a Romo fumble...

At this point he would be better served to go back to a DC gig and let people forget about his team quiting on him and maybe in a couple years he can see if he still wants to be a HC.

Wasn't he effectively a bench warmer for Garrett also?

Boogerboots
11-09-2010, 07:34 PM
If he calls plays like he did in that commercial...I say we pass.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/boogerboots/TheBumsRush.jpg

WolfpackGuy
11-09-2010, 07:46 PM
I don't see how Garrett hasn't been fired.

Their offense (partly because of the line) has been pathetic.

tsiguy96
11-09-2010, 07:48 PM
I don't see how Garrett hasn't been fired.

Their offense (partly because of the line) has been pathetic.

hes got to be one of the worst in the league. with those RBs, he is afraid to try and establish a run, immediately reverting back to throwing.

WolfpackGuy
11-09-2010, 07:50 PM
hes got to be one of the worst in the league. with those RBs, he is afraid to try and establish a run, immediately reverting back to throwing.

For real.

They've been having playcall issues going back to last year.