PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow is writing a memoir

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
11-08-2010, 11:42 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Here-comes-the-Tim-Te-book-Tebow-is-writing-a-m?urn=nfl-283404

Amazon is already taking pre-orders!

I hope the book is as entertaining and insightful as The Vance.

ColoradoDarin
11-08-2010, 12:13 PM
My first thought was that he's a little young to be writing a memoir, but then again, he's done a heck of a lot in those 23 years. The same thing the article says, though I don't get the "Catholicism fans" bit. I mean, Focus on the Family is an evangelical organization, Tim and his family are evangelicals (aka Protestants), I'll just chalk it up to the author being ignorant of Christianity?

Beantown Bronco
11-08-2010, 12:15 PM
he's done a heck of a lot in those 23 years.

Thousands of college-aged girls in Florida disagree.

Quoydogs
11-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Thousands of college-aged girls in Florida disagree.

As Tyson said in the Hangover. NICE!

WolfpackGuy
11-08-2010, 12:21 PM
The Tebow Testament?

He should be working on getting the pass off in under an hour.

worm
11-08-2010, 01:03 PM
The mechanics on how this book is being released seem a little bizarre and unorthodox to me. I don't think it will be very successful.

Archer81
11-08-2010, 01:05 PM
My first thought was that he's a little young to be writing a memoir, but then again, he's done a heck of a lot in those 23 years. The same thing the article says, though I don't get the "Catholicism fans" bit. I mean, Focus on the Family is an evangelical organization, Tim and his family are evangelicals (aka Protestants), I'll just chalk it up to the author being ignorant of Christianity?

Probably. Or believes Catholics are different then Christians. Which is ridiculous. But whatever's clever for the author of the article.

:Broncos:

Jay3
11-08-2010, 01:32 PM

I'll bet the article author was thinking "He was in that pro-life commercial" and got his wires crossed, associating ""pro-life" with Catholic.

Smiling Assassin27
11-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Day 1: It was during the great census of Caesar when I emerged to see a filthy barn, a bunch of livestock, and my dad step in some sheep dung.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Quickly approaching Tebow-fatigue.

Rohirrim
11-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Does he mention Hillis?

montrose
11-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Simply Awesome.
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/14010745?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;color=d01e2f" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/14010745">Tim Tebow Documentary</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/fctn">FCTN</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Bronco Yoda
11-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Does he mention Hillis?

Who do you think baptised him :clown:

Rohirrim
11-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Who do you think baptised him :clown:

I assumed it was Chuck Norris. :~ohyah!:

baja
11-08-2010, 02:34 PM
How does a twenty something feel he has enough life experience to warrant a memoir.

Rohirrim
11-08-2010, 02:35 PM
How does a twenty something feel he has enough life experience to warrant a memoir.

Blasphemer!

baja
11-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Blasphemer!

Even Jesus didn't right his memoir and by all accounts he was 33.

Smiling Assassin27
11-08-2010, 02:41 PM
This man is amused:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:nkPgwSU1GChCnM:http://photos.upi.com/slideshow/lbox/eebed4e4257ba064f6dca6d75793fff6/BRUSCHI-HOSPITALIZED.jpg

Rohirrim
11-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Even Jesus didn't right his memoir and by all accounts he was 33.

How's your memoir coming?

Smiling Assassin27
11-08-2010, 02:43 PM
But this guy, the 2nd person of the Trinity, is not:

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/tedy-bruschi-prm.jpg

baja
11-08-2010, 02:48 PM
How's your memoir coming?

Funny you should ask, I just sold it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61J1B020100220

worm
11-08-2010, 02:48 PM
At this point in their professional careers, Colt McCoy is more deserving of writing a memoir than Tim.

Rohirrim
11-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Funny you should ask, I just sold it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61J1B020100220

Ha!

I figure yours will start like this:

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days now without taking a fish.

baja
11-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Ha!

I figure yours will start like this:

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days now without taking a fish.

No this more accurate;

http://www.lokmanbooks.com/fmp/images/101849a.jpg

denvernut1
11-08-2010, 03:56 PM
n yes christians n catholics r totally different.....chirs dont worship statues n figures n paintings n da pope like caths...bible says dont worship images, statues, n man like caths do....n they dont have a vatican where they have there own police , laws , n secrets... chris teach da bible n new test plain n simple none of the other stuff... why is it they have millions of dollars n dont give it to the poor...like chris do...n chris pastors dont drive around in bmers n benz's ...n moleste kids ..chris marry so they not sexually frustrated like caths....so ya they r different ....to the guy dat said they da same...read da bible n god bless...a christian bronco fan....go denver

Requiem
11-08-2010, 03:59 PM
^ What the ****?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-08-2010, 03:59 PM
n yes christians n catholics r totally different.....chirs dont worship statues n figures n paintings n da pope like caths...bible says dont worship images, statues, n man like caths do....n they dont have a vatican where they have there own police , laws , n secrets... chris teach da bible n new test plain n simple none of the other stuff... why is it they have millions of dollars n dont give it to the poor...like chris do...n chris pastors dont drive around in bmers n benz's ...n moleste kids ..chris marry so they not sexually frustrated like caths....so ya they r different ....to the guy dat said they da same...read da bible n god bless...a christian bronco fan....go denver

Uh, I was raised Catholic, and never in my life have I ever seen a Catholic priest driving a beamer or a benz.

Can you even read? I mean, bible or otherwise, you're sure not much of a writer.

Christ.

baja
11-08-2010, 04:02 PM

And just when you think it can't get any worse around here.

Requiem
11-08-2010, 04:02 PM
n yes u should look forward to bronconut1s respnse. . . he is a man of the lord. . . n u got to figure he will give some gr8 insight nething broncos. . . u know the chris know moer about football then the catlicks. . . he going to mcdonals

TailgateNut
11-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Quickly approaching Tebow-fatigue.

That happened in April for me.:~ohyah!:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-08-2010, 04:12 PM
n yes u should look forward to bronconut1s respnse. . . he is a man of the lord. . . n u got to figure he will give some gr8 insight nething broncos. . . u know the chris know moer about football then the catlicks. . . he going to mcdonals

Mac rib is gors and bad for u.

my cat has funny smelling fart.s

buy a clue.

Archer81
11-08-2010, 07:48 PM

Before I appropriately shred this nonsensical post, I must tell you that these things called books exist that allow you to cull facts.

Now,

Catholics are Christian because they believe Christ is who He says He is. They believe He was crucifed, buried and rose from the dead for man's salvation. They also believe in the Trinity. They do not worship statues or images. A statue is just a statue. They do not pray to Mary or the Saints, even though they are revered. And technically a television, cellphone, newspaper, book, ipod, ipad or the bible itself is a graven image. So you need to clarify what you mean there, jackass. The Pope is Christ's vicar ON earth, and fulfills the Catholic belief in an Apostolic priesthood. You should probably stop reading anything by Dan Brown. It screws with your perception.

Catholic Charities is one of the largest and best known charities worldwide, dispensing millions of dollars of aid and money to causes all over the world. It would probably shock you to know that most great works of art produced in the Renaisance was done at the request of the Church. Like Michaelangelos David or the Sistene Chapel.

The Vatican is where Peter was crucified. Believe it or not, Christianity did not start with Martin Luther. Its an independent state inside Italy, and is a theocratic state based on scriptural and traditional law.

Jesus never married. He did not molest children. In fact, more men who do molest children are married and have children of their own. And considering some baptist and evangelical sects dont even allow dancing for Christ's sake you shouldnt be pointing fingers at "frustrated" Catholics.

Christ had no new Testament. He preached from the OT...because He was Jewish. I know, thats shocking. He did not speak in Jacobian English. He did not say thouest or thus or verily. He spoke aramaic or hebrew and probably some latin and greek. In fact, the protestant Bible contains 66 books, the Catholic one possesses 73. Luther edited scripture and the KJV is a bad translation from the latin text.

Jesus was also a semite, and probably resembled modern day Israelis and Palestinians. Which means He was probably under 6 feet tall and did not possess blonde hair or blue eyes.

It seems most of the scandals involving preachers involves evangelicals or baptists. Or does the name Haggard or Baker mean nothing to you? They also drive beamers and mercedes...odd, considering Christ lived an austere lifestyle.

So, you cretin, before you decide to comment on something at least know what the **** you are talking about.

Dumbass jackwagon.

OABB
11-08-2010, 07:50 PM

Chis don't spell either.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Chapter 3 -- It was passion. It was ball. It was juice.

Chapter 15 -- Got married and laid and I now renounce football.

Sassy
11-08-2010, 08:06 PM
That happened in April for me.:~ohyah!:

ROFL!:sunshine:Ha!Hilarious!

(Before or after the draft ;D )

TailgateNut
11-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Before I appropriately shred this nonsensical post, I must tell you that these things called books exist that allow you to cull facts.

Now,

Catholics are Christian because they believe Christ is who He says He is. They believe He was crucifed, buried and rose from the dead for man's salvation. They also believe in the Trinity. They do not worship statues or images. A statue is just a statue. They do not pray to Mary or the Saints, even though they are revered. And technically a television, cellphone, newspaper, book, ipod, ipad or the bible itself is a graven image. So you need to clarify what you mean there, jackass. The Pope is Christ's vicar ON earth, and fulfills the Catholic belief in an Apostolic priesthood. You should probably stop reading anything by Dan Brown. It screws with your perception.

Catholic Charities is one of the largest and best known charities worldwide, dispensing millions of dollars of aid and money to causes all over the world. It would probably shock you to know that most great works of art produced in the Renaisance was done at the request of the Church. Like Michaelangelos David or the Sistene Chapel.

The Vatican is where Peter was crucified. Believe it or not, Christianity did not start with Martin Luther. Its an independent state inside Italy, and is a theocratic state based on scriptural and traditional law.

Jesus never married. He did not molest children. In fact, more men who do molest children are married and have children of their own. And considering some baptist and evangelical sects dont even allow dancing for Christ's sake you shouldnt be pointing fingers at "frustrated" Catholics.

Christ had no new Testament. He preached from the OT...because He was Jewish. I know, thats shocking. He did not speak in Jacobian English. He did not say thouest or thus or verily. He spoke aramaic or hebrew and probably some latin and greek. In fact, the protestant Bible contains 66 books, the Catholic one possesses 73. Luther edited scripture and the KJV is a bad translation from the latin text.

Jesus was also a semite, and probably resembled modern day Israelis and Palestinians. Which means He was probably under 6 feet tall and did not possess blonde hair or blue eyes.

It seems most of the scandals involving preachers involves evangelicals or baptists. Or does the name Haggard or Baker mean nothing to you? They also drive beamers and mercedes...odd, considering Christ lived an austere lifestyle.

So, you cretin, before you decide to comment on something at least know what the **** you are talking about.

Dumbass jackwagon.

So which of the Christian religious "cults" molests children more than the others?

TailgateNut
11-08-2010, 08:36 PM
ROFL!:sunshine:Ha!Hilarious!

(Before or after the draft ;D )

during the first round!

Archer81
11-08-2010, 08:41 PM
So which of the Christian religious "cults" molests children more than the others?

You are better than this post. But to insinuate that Christianity = child rapists is mentally lazy.

colonelbeef
11-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Just another Broncos embarrassment.

What kind of a self serving moron writes a 'memoir' at age 23?

Just keeps getting worse

TailgateNut
11-09-2010, 07:31 AM
You are better than this post. But to insinuate that Christianity = child rapists is mentally lazy.

I just asked a question. If the catholic church wouldn't harbor those criminals within their ranks, I probably would not bring up the subject. They've been denying and lying about this for decades, and continue to marginalize the abuse which stems from their antiquated policies.

TailgateNut
11-09-2010, 07:32 AM

Just keeps getting worse

You answered your own question.

Rohirrim
11-09-2010, 08:20 AM

Christine O'Donnell was right. They are splicing mice brains into humans.

lostknight
11-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Wow. Arguably greatest college player of all time to write a book. Orton fans outraged, insist only he is smart enough to write a book.

Bigots continue to drivel. Film at 11.

baja
11-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Wow. Greatest college player of all time to write a book. Orton fans outraged, Bigots going to hate. Film at 11.

Memoirs of a 23 year old. I can't wait

Archer81
11-09-2010, 09:13 AM
I just asked a question. If the catholic church wouldn't harbor those criminals within their ranks, I probably would not bring up the subject. They've been denying and lying about this for decades, and continue to marginalize the abuse which stems from their antiquated policies.

I don't disagree. But I won't let some jackhole poster post something about my faith and act like evangelicals are without sin themselves. You are not the jackhole poster, it's that douche on the first page that pissed me off.

TailgateNut
11-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Wow. Arguably greatest college player of all time to write a book. TEBOWNITES CREAMING IN THEIR MONK ROBES, insist only he is smart enough to write a book.

Bigots continue to drivel. Film at 11.

Fixed it for you!

spdirty
11-09-2010, 09:19 AM

Josina!!

UberBroncoMan
11-09-2010, 04:42 PM

Whooooooooaoaoooaooaoaoaoaooo there!

Any relation to a certain Josina?

UberBroncoMan
11-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Josina!!

Damnit...I didn't even get that far. At least I wasn't the only one.

elsid13
11-09-2010, 05:40 PM

You are correct the Roman Catholic Church bureaucracy has been more concerned with protecting its image then protecting the innocent. It is what you see with large bureaucracy without powerfully independent IG. But overall the Catholic Church and its priests, brothers, sisters and layman and all the associated flock have done more good then evil.

THE719!
11-09-2010, 05:44 PM
under or over the word "blessed" will be used a 100 times

TailgateNut
11-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Over!

baja
11-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Do you think he will mention the best sex he has ever had in his memoir

Jesterhole
11-09-2010, 06:44 PM
There was a pretty sweet looking documentary on Tebow that someone posted a preview of here a while back. Anyone know what happened to that? Did it ever come out?

elsid13
11-09-2010, 06:45 PM
under or over the word "blessed" will be used a 100 times

Are we talking the first page or the whole book.

Jay3
11-09-2010, 07:23 PM
There was a pretty sweet looking documentary on Tebow that someone posted a preview of here a while back. Anyone know what happened to that? Did it ever come out?

Nope. They have all the footage (obviously, because it chronicles a limited time period), but it is still in post production.

bowtown
11-09-2010, 07:31 PM
http://www.ancient-future.net/biblealone.jpg

It's already been written.

Spoiler alert: it doesn't end well for him.

spdirty
11-09-2010, 08:00 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g7xFznOSmvY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g7xFznOSmvY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

footstepsfrom#27
11-09-2010, 10:49 PM

Just keeps getting worse
Eh...memoirs are a 1st person record of what someone REMEMBERS about their life, and people who write them usually have been doing so for many years before they're published. Since they're based on personal memories and experience, people often work on them for decades, writing as life goes along.

No big deal here.