PDA

View Full Version : Snf - Dallas / GB

baja
11-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Does anyone else think Aaron Rogers looks like Joe Namath

That One Guy
11-07-2010, 07:10 PM
It's a pretty boring game. I figured I'd miss nothing so I went to the can to come back and find out I missed a TD. Yay for boring football.

broncogary
11-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Does anyone else think Aaron Rogers looks like Joe Namath

If this is a poll, I vote no.

baja
11-07-2010, 07:15 PM
If this is a poll, I vote no.

I think your avatar looks like Mr. Ed.

That One Guy
11-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Why do coaches keep challenging obviously obscured plays where even if you win, they'll just get it the following down.

Either they score this one or the next one. Either way you're down a challenge. And you'll probably lose just by the fact that you can't see anything in a pile and refs are being more conservative with their overturns.

broncogary
11-07-2010, 07:22 PM
I think your avatar looks like Mr. Ed.

Mr. Ed was a Palomino. That's Zenyatta.

DivineBronco
11-07-2010, 07:25 PM
clay matthews will eat your soul..........man he is this years Elvis he just can't be stopped

theAPAOps5
11-07-2010, 07:25 PM
I so wish we drafted Mathews :(

That One Guy
11-07-2010, 07:30 PM
I so wish we drafted Mathews :(

He'd be hurt this year as well.

theAPAOps5
11-07-2010, 07:31 PM
True or he would be a shell of what he is for Green Bay! LOL

broncogary
11-07-2010, 07:32 PM
He'd be hurt this year as well.

We'd have traded him to Cleveland.

baja
11-07-2010, 07:38 PM
True or he would be a shell of what he is for Green Bay! LOL

We would have messed up the paper work and signed his uncle.

go_broncos
11-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Dallas team quit...

baja
11-07-2010, 07:41 PM
More like Rogers playing lights out

That One Guy
11-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Wow... way to botch the timeout game, Wade.

theAPAOps5
11-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Say what you want about Josh McDaniels but he is worlds above Wade Phillips. Holy crap has he lost this team and his misuse of time outs just bit him in his big fat butt.

And no that is not a compliment!

baja
11-07-2010, 07:43 PM
I want more shots of Jerry Jones

That One Guy
11-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Say what you want about Josh McDaniels but he is worlds above Wade Phillips. Holy crap has he lost this team and his misuse of time outs just bit him in his big fat butt.

You've gotta kind feel bad for the guy there. Used his last time out, 4 seconds shy of automatic replay, and a clear bad call run in for an easy TD.

He blew it on the TOs but it's the kind of play where you think "that rule sucks".

broncogary
11-07-2010, 07:45 PM

I thought you quit drinking. ???

baja
11-07-2010, 07:47 PM
I thought you quit drinking. ???

For some reason I like to see grown men cry especially ones I don't like

Goobzilla
11-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I think Bey Bey will be good, but Dez Bryant is an animal! A few years from now when we're sifting thru the wreckage of the Josh McDaniels era this will be another missed opportunity.

tsiguy96
11-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I think Bey Bey will be good, but Dez Bryant is an animal! A few years from now when we're sifting thru the wreckage of the Josh McDaniels era this will be another missed opportunity.

youre kidding yourself.

DivineBronco
11-07-2010, 07:53 PM

bryant will be very good no doubt.......but ignore his attitude at your own peril mark my words he will be i bitching and moaning about everything within a year or two

Goobzilla
11-07-2010, 07:54 PM
youre kidding yourself.

Not really, Bryant is a great reciever and a real return threat. Bey Bey has the potential to be very good, but his game is nowhere near as polished.

Goobzilla
11-07-2010, 07:57 PM
bryant will be very good no doubt.......but ignore his attitude at your own peril mark my words he will be i b****ing and moaning about everything within a year or two

He's being a model citizen playing for a God awful team in nonstop turmoil. We'll see what happens.

Los Broncos
11-07-2010, 08:01 PM

This.

tsiguy96
11-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Not really, Bryant is a great reciever and a real return threat. Bey Bey has the potential to be very good, but his game is nowhere near as polished.

dez is really good and prolly will for a long time, but DT has that "top 3 WR" ability, as big as brandon marshall and fast as desean jackson (almost). just a lethal weapon if he can pull it all together like weve seen a few times so far.

theAPAOps5
11-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Wow, just WOW

The Dallas team has totally quit on their coach. That was soft ass defense.

oubronco
11-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Wow, just WOW

The Dallas team has totally quit on their coach. That was soft ass defense.

Looked familiar didn't it

That One Guy
11-07-2010, 08:27 PM
That highlight they just showed of Jenkins pulling up on the TD was disgraceful...

I loved it! Hahaha...

theAPAOps5
11-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Looked familiar didn't it

No not as familiar actually.

I have never seen a player back off like 21 did for Dallas. Announcers were right when they said he essentially spit in the face of his coach.

That piece of trash should be cut tomorrow. He gets abused all game long then pulls that. McDaniels would at least cut or call that douche out.

Again not a compliment for McD but that was just pathetic.

oubronco
11-07-2010, 08:28 PM
That highlight they just showed of Jenkins pulling up on the TD was disgraceful...

I loved it! Hahaha...

Reminded me of Nate Fuggin Jones

theAPAOps5
11-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Man the hits this season are crazy. Williams is out before he hits the ground.

That One Guy
11-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like someone is getting knocked clean out in every game today? They could freakin' pick up Haiti and move them to the Arctic with the fine money they're gonna be collecting next week.

theAPAOps5
11-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Reminded me of Nate Fuggin Jones

The thing is Jones doesn't quit. He just sucks ass but tries hard. He is just so horrid that he looks like he doesn't care.

Its weird though because the coaches like him, ugh. But even Alfred Williams on the local sports radio station calls him a baller.

Yet all we see of him is another play that makes him look like burnt toast.

oubronco
11-07-2010, 08:31 PM
It's a lost art to wrap up and tackle around the waist everybody wants to be on Sportscenter

That One Guy
11-07-2010, 08:32 PM
If you're fine, quit acting like you were knocked out.

Gotta wonder if some of these start flopping to get the flag.

theAPAOps5
11-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like someone is getting knocked clean out in every game today? They could freakin' pick up Haiti and move them to the Arctic with the fine money they're gonna be collecting next week.

I think coaches aren't teaching things right. Nick Collins led WITH his head, something the league has been ADAMANT about.

Collinsworth is right things won't change until you start ejecting guys for bad bad hits.

theAPAOps5
11-07-2010, 08:36 PM
If you're fine, quit acting like you were knocked out.

Gotta wonder if some of these start flopping to get the flag.

Man Williams wasn't right he was out when he hit the ground. Maybe he woke up ok but he was out when he got hit.

RaiderH8r
11-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Wade better find himself a fox hole pretty quick of he wants to stay on ol' Double J's payroll past Tuesday. Problem is the days where Garrett may have been a suitable temp are past. Wade is an awful HC...we should bring him in as our DC. :D

baja
11-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Take away the helmet and shoulder pads and the viscous hits will go away and tackling will be rediscovered.

That One Guy
11-07-2010, 08:38 PM
I think coaches aren't teaching things right. Nick Collins led WITH his head, something the league has been ADAMANT about.

Collinsworth is right things won't change until you start ejecting guys for bad bad hits.

Agreed. Last week (or maybe the one before) everyone was talking about how there were no bad hits at all. Then, today, it seems like a scene from Monty Python with lifeless bodies laying everywhere.

Seemingly lifeless, of course, I know noone's dead.

That One Guy
11-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Man Williams wasn't right he was out when he hit the ground. Maybe he woke up ok but he was out when he got hit.

But if he was out, it was a concussion - I believe. You don't get knocked out from impact but then suddenly get back up, put on the helmet, and get ready to go back in. That's old school rules.

RaiderH8r
11-07-2010, 08:39 PM

Exactly, start making coaches change their entire gameplans because they just went a man short on the 45 man game roster. Suspensions and fines aren't anything to be laughed at but I guarantee they start bouncing guys from games and them you'll see some coaching up on proper technique.

I keep saying make them take the helmets off. Apparently that's too harsh so the next step is to remove facemasks. That'll get folks tackling with a bit of self preservation in mind.

RaiderH8r
11-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Take away the helmet and shoulder pads and the viscous hits will go away and tackling will be rediscovered.

Dammit, beat me to it.

No hard plastic on the shoulder pads will help too. Something to protect the joints but not make these guys feel invinceable.

theAPAOps5
11-07-2010, 08:42 PM

I somewhat agree with this. The helmet gives you a false sense of security.

The problem is players are only getting bigger, faster, and stronger. So by taking away pads you are just putting your players in a position of higher risk.

Really what needs to happen is a bad hit gets you ejected and suspended.

Things don't change until you end up hurting your team in a game or for the season.

Rodney Harrison said it best when he said that he wasn't really impacted by his dirty plays until the league suspended him. He budgeted for the fines but when he was suspended he realized he hurt his team.

The league claims they want protect the players but will they really do something about it?

tsiguy96
11-07-2010, 08:42 PM
look for nick collins to get suspended or fined VERY heavily this week.

ducked his head and went straight into another players helmet

theAPAOps5
11-07-2010, 08:44 PM
But if he was out, it was a concussion - I believe. You don't get knocked out from impact but then suddenly get back up, put on the helmet, and get ready to go back in. That's old school rules.

Well that is on the Dallas Cowboys and their medical staff. That guy was a limp piece of meat when he hit the ground. They SHOULD have took his helmet and sat him for the rest of the game.

That One Guy
11-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Exactly, start making coaches change their entire gameplans because they just went a man short on the 45 man game roster. Suspensions and fines aren't anything to be laughed at but I guarantee they start bouncing guys from games and them you'll see some coaching up on proper technique.

I keep saying make them take the helmets off. Apparently that's too harsh so the next step is to remove facemasks. That'll get folks tackling with a bit of self preservation in mind.

No, those fines are a joke. 25K for a man making 6Mil a season is about the equivalent of a $125 fine for a man making 30K a year. I speed with the intent that if I get pulled over and get that ticket, so be it. I'd rather get the ticket than slow down.

The difference is I judge mine fairly safely and noone gets hurt. In some of these, just one could be potentially life changing. I almost wonder if someone has to be paralyzed or something before they TRULY take it serious.

theAPAOps5
11-07-2010, 08:45 PM
look for nick collins to get suspended or fined VERY heavily this week.

ducked his head and went straight into another players helmet

If the league was serious they would suspend the guy for SEVERAL games for that hit. But they won't he will get a huge fine and will move on. The NFL is a hypocrite when it comes to protecting the players.

That One Guy
11-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Well that is on the Dallas Cowboys and their medical staff. That guy was a limp piece of meat when he hit the ground. They SHOULD have took his helmet and sat him for the rest of the game.

Yes. Absolutely agreed. I just saw him putting his helmet back on when they were saying he was telling everyone he was fine.

That One Guy
11-07-2010, 08:49 PM
I somewhat agree with this. The helmet gives you a false sense of security.

The problem is players are only getting bigger, faster, and stronger. So by taking away pads you are just putting your players in a position of higher risk.

Really what needs to happen is a bad hit gets you ejected and suspended.

Things don't change until you end up hurting your team in a game or for the season.

Rodney Harrison said it best when he said that he wasn't really impacted by his dirty plays until the league suspended him. He budgeted for the fines but when he was suspended he realized he hurt his team.

The league claims they want protect the players but will they really do something about it?

The league realizes that they have to do something without hurting their game. Imagine the changes if a Jerome Harrison is suspended. It's a completely different team you gameplan for. And, as the talking heads just said, by the time you're suspending him, you're just helping another team.

Imagine if someone hit one of our plays, knocked him out, and they decided to punish him by suspending him for a game the following week against SD. The damage to us had already been done, you wouldn't want SD to have an added advantage. Hypothetical, of course, but I do think the only answer is in-game suspensions.

TD30
11-07-2010, 08:52 PM
I guess the only way the cowboys could get a win is by playing us lol...

theAPAOps5
11-07-2010, 08:54 PM
The league realizes that they have to do something without hurting their game. Imagine the changes if a Jerome Harrison is suspended. It's a completely different team you gameplan for. And, as the talking heads just said, by the time you're suspending him, you're just helping another team.

Imagine if someone hit one of our plays, knocked him out, and they decided to punish him by suspending him for a game the following week against SD. The damage to us had already been done, you wouldn't want SD to have an added advantage. Hypothetical, of course, but I do think the only answer is in-game suspensions.

Well maybe you need to hurt a team by booting a player and help another team to get the point across. Players will quickly change how they play if they end up costing the game.

And the argument that big plays will occur because people will be afraid to tackle is lame. There is a proper way to play and tackle. Something they teach you when you are young and learning the fundamentals.

The league needs to do something because like someone already posted it seams like every week a player is getting destroyed and hurt.

That One Guy
11-07-2010, 08:59 PM
You're down 31 F'ing points and they go run, run, run... sure, you can move the ball some but the clock is getting eaten quick.

I hate teams too scared to try and win it.

As I say this, there's that good throw to Witten.

RaiderH8r
11-07-2010, 09:01 PM
No, those fines are a joke. 25K for a man making 6Mil a season is about the equivalent of a $125 fine for a man making 30K a year. I speed with the intent that if I get pulled over and get that ticket, so be it. I'd rather get the ticket than slow down.

The difference is I judge mine fairly safely and noone gets hurt. In some of these, just one could be potentially life changing. I almost wonder if someone has to be paralyzed or something before they TRULY take it serious.

I was thinking more along the lines of a suspension since that costs a game check and takes them out for a game but teams can make adjustments to that. The in game ejection plus fines and crap would really ripple through the league but it would also be another massive obstacle to a CBA getting done ahead of 2011. And, now that I mention it I'm sure getting a CBA done is also being heavily considered. DeMaurice Smith or whatever is already stacking up appeals to these fines. Slamming down the hammer further would probably make getting a deal done that much more difficult.

theAPAOps5
11-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Wow I feel like I am watching the Raiders vs Broncos all over again. Except the home team is tearing it up.

Jerry Jones must be having a coronary right now.

DenverBrit
11-07-2010, 09:02 PM

Works for Rugby. ;D

TD30
11-07-2010, 09:03 PM
It's hard to believe we got beat worse than this it feels like all I've done is watch gb score

crush17
11-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Green Bay defense has gotten me an additional 27 points so far. Hell yes.

theAPAOps5
11-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Man this Dallas meltdown is worse than the Broncos loss against the Raiders. Even if the score doesn't reflect it.

Dallas has completely just packed it in and will be watching the SB at their home stadium feeling sick.

Popps
11-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Man this Dallas meltdown is worse than the Broncos loss against the Raiders. Even if the score doesn't reflect it.

Dallas has completely just packed it in and will be watching the SB at their home stadium feeling sick.

Dallas went into the season as a favorite to contend, too. In the big picture, their meltdown is more shocking, to me.

Doesn't make ours feel any better, of course.

Season isn't over, though. Hoping we can salvage some positives out of all of this.

brncs_fan
11-07-2010, 09:15 PM
The good news is that Wade will be available for hire as a DC at the end of the season.

lostknight
11-07-2010, 09:17 PM

I'd take a blow out at the hands of the Packers to one at the hands of the Raiders any day of the week.

Makes you wonder how long Wade has.

baja
The good news is that Wade will be available for hire as a DC at the end of the season.

Maybe by the end of the night

lostknight
Gawd it hurts to see Chicago at 5-3.

lostknight
11-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Maybe by the end of the night

I'd rather see Dom Capers as H.C.

theAPAOps5
11-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Gawd it hurts to see Chicago at 5-3.

Thats despite Cutler though. He had a good game today but he is still a joke in terms of his lack of capitalization on talent.

TD30
11-07-2010, 09:21 PM
I'd take a blow out at the hands of the Packers to one at the hands of the Raiders any day of the week.

Makes you wonder how long Wade has.

Agreed...

That One Guy
11-07-2010, 09:31 PM
I love how the commentators are more willing these days to be blunt with their assessments. We had them calling Jenkins defense a joke earlier and now Bob Costas said "Many fans left early tonight, but not as early as the Cowboys did".

That One Guy
11-07-2010, 10:14 PM
The time has come where Wade finally goes, I think. PFT put this up a bit ago:

Jones after the game, via ESPN's Chris Mortensen: "Aot of people here will suffer consequences . . . players, coaches. . . . I've got lot of work to do, a lot of decisions to make."