PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead on AMC

Boobs McGee
11-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Anybody watch this last week? For those of you with comcast, it's on demand for free.

GREAT new show on AMC. It's about zombies, and it's awesome. The no name actors do a fantastic job....all kinds of various humor, dramatics, action, suspense...it's really well done, and looks promising.

It's on sunday nights, check it out.

Archer81
11-07-2010, 04:48 PM
I watched it. Pretty good so far. I have the rest of the season DVR'd up.

:Broncos:

BroncoSojia
11-07-2010, 04:50 PM
I have it on DVR

elsid13
11-07-2010, 05:06 PM
It was a little slow, but acting is good and there is just enough creepiness to make it worth watching.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-07-2010, 05:15 PM
I've read all the books so I'll be here to field questions should any arise.

Tonight's should come on just in time to save us all from the asswhoopin' of the Cowboys we're about to witness.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-07-2010, 05:15 PM
It was a little slow, but acting is good and there is just enough creepiness to make it worth watching.

It may be slow now, but believe me it picks up in a hurry. You'll love it.

yerner
11-07-2010, 05:18 PM
I ****ing loved the first one.

GoBroncos84
11-07-2010, 05:28 PM
I too have read all 78 issues to date, greatest comic book series I have ever read. Looking forward to seeing the TV show develop. Keep watching, it gets MUCH better.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-07-2010, 05:35 PM
I too have read all 78 issues to date, greatest comic book series I have ever read. Looking forward to seeing the TV show develop. Keep watching, it gets MUCH better.

True. There aren't many lulls, if any, in the entire series. I love what each setting and group of characters bring.

Jay3
11-07-2010, 05:37 PM
I watched it and liked it. I read comic books but I haven't read Walking Dead.

Boobs McGee
11-07-2010, 05:38 PM
I was totally engrossed from minute one...that part where SPOILER ALERT the guy is trying to kill his wife was really well done. I really enjoy tv when it makes you take an introspective look when you see certain situations. I was thinkin to myself, holy balls, there's no WAY I could cap my loved one, zombie or not. Id probly go pretty quick in an invasion Haha.

Anywho that first scene when he first wakes up in the hospital was colossaly creepy! He did a great job of selling everything...just all the fear and confusion! It's looking like it could be one of my new favorite shows. Really curious to see how he gets out of the GD tank!

SonOfLe-loLang
11-07-2010, 05:41 PM
I thought it was OK, but could have been a half hour shorter (Darabont sometimes falls in love with his own voice...words, whatever). It felt a lot like 28 days later with a diff main character but not nearly as atmospheric. But the bit at the end got me hooked for tonights ep, so we shall see

Boobs McGee
11-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Which one is darabont? I'm bad with names :(

GoBroncos84
11-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Which one is darabont? I'm bad with names :(

Frank Darabont is the director of the tv series, not a character in the show.

Jay3
11-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Frank Darabont is the director of the tv series, not a character in the show.

And further info for everybody, Darabont was the director of Shawshank Redemption and the Green Mile, among other things.

Boobs McGee
11-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Gotcha. Well, my roommate and I are working through the Sunday night lineup... bored to death, eastbound and down, boardwalk empire, THEN walking dead. ALMOST THERE

s0phr0syne
11-07-2010, 07:58 PM
I thought it was OK, but could have been a half hour shorter (Darabont sometimes falls in love with his own voice...words, whatever). It felt a lot like 28 days later with a diff main character but not nearly as atmospheric. But the bit at the end got me hooked for tonights ep, so we shall see

Yeah, that was my initial criticism of the comic series when it first started as well. The good news is that the scope and depth of this story eventually far surpass the ground covered in 28 days later, so if you're a fan of that post apocalyptic genre, stick with this because the story really plays itself out amazingly through the characters

Chris
11-07-2010, 08:44 PM
What if I think zombies are the lamest idea on the planet?

chawknz
11-07-2010, 09:28 PM
It's okay, but I have a feeling that "Oh no, zombies are trying to break in, RUN!" is going to get boring week after week. What new territory is there to break in zombie stories? Hopefully something.

broncolife
11-07-2010, 10:17 PM
I just saw my dvr recording and I thought oh yeah I set it to record the walking dead series so I will go watch it now. Then I saw this thread

CHANGSTER
11-07-2010, 10:57 PM

Also my all time favorite comic. They've done a really job imo. My only gripe is it will be a while till we get to my favorite story arch. I'm just a little impatient. I imagine the pace will start to pick up as time goes on.

The best part is the comic is still going, so their wont be any shortage of material to pull from.

OBF1
11-07-2010, 11:17 PM
It is on the DVR... Finally another series that I really like. So far, so good :thumbs:

GoBroncos84
11-08-2010, 05:15 AM
Also my all time favorite comic. They've done a really job imo. My only gripe is it will be a while till we get to my favorite story arch. I'm just a little impatient. I imagine the pace will start to pick up as time goes on.

The best part is the comic is still going, so their wont be any shortage of material to pull from.

I'm just hoping they can show all of the story without having to tone it down too much. Clearly they will have to clean up the language, but certain events are very critical to the story and are definitely for a mature audience. When I first heard they were making a TV show I thought it had to be HBO or Showtime.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-08-2010, 05:33 AM
It's okay, but I have a feeling that "Oh no, zombies are trying to break in, RUN!" is going to get boring week after week. What new territory is there to break in zombie stories? Hopefully something.

The series, oddly enough, isn't really about the zombies as much it is about the main characters. Who is actually the walking dead?

bendog
11-08-2010, 07:12 AM
The broncos with Mcdaniels should be "the walking dead in the AFC"

Mile High Shack
11-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Best show on TV right now, period...end of story

Zombies are only one aspect of the story, the main story is how people react to an apocalyptic situation

Bronco Yoda
11-08-2010, 09:49 AM
A must show for the DVR. It's been great so far.

Chris
11-08-2010, 09:55 AM

Zombies are only one aspect of the story, the main story is how people react to an apocalyptic situation

I'm going to go with that other AMC show..... Mad Men.

Mile High Shack
11-08-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm going to go with that other AMC show..... Mad Men.

Mad Men already had their season finale :thumbs:

bendog
11-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Wish I'd seen this thread yesterday, as I'd tivoed the first episode, but my kid wasn't interested so I deleted it.

bronco militia
11-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Any truth to the rumor that Wade chopped up Jason Garrett with an axe then smeared himself in guts so Double-J wouldn’t notice him?

Bronco Yoda
11-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Wish I'd seen this thread yesterday, as I'd tivoed the first episode, but my kid wasn't interested so I deleted it.

Set your seasons settings to ALL RUNS not just 1st runs. I'm sure they replay soon enough.

McDman
11-08-2010, 10:49 AM

Well, there's only been two episodes so its kind of hard to proclaim it the best on right now. Both Dexter and Boardwalk Empire are really good.

Also, did anyone else find it a little odd that the wife is already banging his old partner?

GoBroncos84
11-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Well, there's only been two episodes so its kind of hard to proclaim it the best on right now. Both Dexter and Boardwalk Empire are really good.

Also, did anyone else find it a little odd that the wife is already banging his old partner?
Just wait... wish I could say what's coming but I don't want to spoil it. The story has barely covered anything so far. The show will get better with each episode, and with each season.

cutthemdown
11-08-2010, 11:10 AM

If you watch closely you get the feeling it was going on before the disaster hit. Not sure I dont know the comic, but he may have been banging the guys wife for a while.

Rigs11
11-08-2010, 11:21 AM
This show kicks ass. I love the gore and suspense. I remember thinking to myself years ago how cool it would be to have a zombie series on tv.speaking of zombies, anyone played dead rising 2 yet?

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-08-2010, 11:21 AM
If you watch closely you get the feeling it was going on before the disaster hit. Not sure I dont know the comic, but he may have been banging the guys wife for a while.

Nah, it was only after she thought Rick was dead. Everything in the books leads you to believe she and Rick were very faithful. I'd hit it, too. She's a hot piece.

Boobs McGee
11-08-2010, 11:37 AM

If you have Comcast, you can watch them both on demand...its under the tv series section

Bronco Yoda
11-08-2010, 12:00 PM

Now Boardwalk Empire is the THE BOMB for me right now. Love this show.

btw, anyone catch that SWAMP PEOPLE show this year. Now that show was funny.

McDman
11-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Just wait... wish I could say what's coming but I don't want to spoil it. The story has barely covered anything so far. The show will get better with each episode, and with each season.

Oh, I love the show. I just don't know if its the best yet.

Archer81
11-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Have to say last night's episode was very gross and very cool.

:Broncos:

Mile High Shack
11-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Oh, I love the show. I just don't know if its the best yet.

let me rephrase it, I made an over-arching statement

Best show on regular cable or network TV right now

Jerry Curl
11-08-2010, 01:09 PM
This show is sweet. Little hard to say it's the best thing on only 2 episodes in. And only 6 episodes for the first season? Weak. Hopefully the rumors about future seasons being 13 episodes is true.

I love that fact that it's just not, "oh noez, the zombies are coming let's run to safe place." As someone stated, it's more about the characters living with each others/zombies than just staying alive. The pilot episode was awesome and imo there was a little letdown (there's only 6 episodes, get moving) in the 2nd episode but it was still good.

broncocalijohn
11-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Is the Walking Dead have anything to do with Wade Phillips?

Rohirrim
11-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Why didn't he just crank up the tank and start driving around making zombie jelly?

Jerry Curl
11-08-2010, 01:20 PM
I don't think your normal small town sheriff knows how to operate a tank.

Rohirrim
11-08-2010, 01:26 PM
I don't think your normal small town sheriff knows how to operate a tank.

Hell, they're easy. Just like a car. APCs are a little trickier. They have laterals.

OCBronco
11-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Great show. One of the best I've seen in awhile. My only complaint is that the first season is only 6 episodes. Supposedly, future seasons will be 13 episodes.

ShutDownPoster
11-08-2010, 04:51 PM
I like the show, 2nd episode even better then the pilot. But after watching Mad Men and Breaking Bad, the actors in this show really suck - except for Michael Rooker.

elsid13
11-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Why didn't he just crank up the tank and start driving around making zombie jelly?

You can not reach the driver slot in M1A from the turret area

MileHighMagic
11-08-2010, 07:13 PM
This show is cool but Breaking Bad is the best.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-08-2010, 09:40 PM
I like the show, I just dont think there's really all that much too it yet. The atmosphere is cool, but the characters seem incredibly bland.

ShutDownPoster
11-09-2010, 02:21 AM
I like the show, I just dont think there's really all that much too it yet. The atmosphere is cool, but the characters seem incredibly bland.

That's because of the dinner theater actors they have.

McDman
11-09-2010, 03:30 AM
That's because of the dinner theater actors they have.

I like the main character, he's not bad, but there are a few who probably shouldn't be on the show.

TonyR
11-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Just watched both eps. The pilot was excellent. Movie quality television. The 2nd episode was also very good but didn't live up to the pilot. Some good comments/criticisms in the linked review.

http://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2010/11/the-walking-dead-can-the-second-episode-live-up-to-the-premiere/66208

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-09-2010, 06:34 PM
I like the main character, he's not bad, but there are a few who probably shouldn't be on the show.

I wouldn't worry too much about the people you're seeing right now.

elsid13
11-09-2010, 06:46 PM
It's starting to grow on me.

TonyR
11-09-2010, 07:00 PM
...it was only after she thought Rick was dead.

Why did she think he was dead? Why did they leave him in the hospital? Are we just to assume that all hell broke lose and they took off assuming there's no way he would have survived?

ShutDownPoster
11-10-2010, 06:56 AM
I guess the guy playing the main character is passable as a TV actor - but being on AMC, after you watch Bryan Cranston and Jon Hamm doing their thing, you can't help but be disappointed.

Mile High Shack
11-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Why did she think he was dead? Why did they leave him in the hospital? Are we just to assume that all hell broke lose and they took off assuming there's no way he would have survived?

if you think about it, where do most sick people go...the hospital, how do people get right before they turn? fever and very sick....sooooo it makes sense the worst place to be was the hospital when all hell first broke loose

Mile High Shack
11-10-2010, 06:58 AM
I guess the guy playing the main character is passable as a TV actor - but being on AMC, after you watch Bryan Cranston and Jon Hamm doing their thing, you can't help but be disappointed.

I disagree, he's done quality work so far in the first 2 episodes

ShutDownPoster
11-10-2010, 06:59 AM
if you think about it, where do most sick people go...the hospital, how do people get right before they turn? fever and very sick....sooooo it makes sense the worst place to be was the hospital when all hell first broke loose

Didn't she play the doctor in Prison Break, or was it 'Head Nurse'? ROFL!

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-10-2010, 07:30 AM

Actually, yes. They all had to split once the outbreak came. And with Rick in a coma, there was no way she would have been able to rescue him and take him along. Her only hope was that he managed to survive in the hospital, but she assumed that was a lost cause. A guy sleeping in a hospital bed during an outbreak = free food.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-10-2010, 08:12 AM
They ordered 13 eps for a second season of walking dead...no clue where they are gonna take this story.

jhns
11-10-2010, 09:01 AM
I like the show. It has left me wondering one thing. How long did it take for the zombies to take over? The survivors act like they have been at it for at least a little while but there is no way for that guy to survive in that hospitle without nutrition being pumped into him. He also didn't have a three foot beard. I haven't been able to figure out how long the zombies have been around. Maybe it will be explained in future episodes.

Mile High Shack
11-10-2010, 09:06 AM
They ordered 13 eps for a second season of walking dead...no clue where they are gonna take this story.

probably the same place the comic took it

SonOfLe-loLang
11-10-2010, 09:11 AM
probably the same place the comic took it

How far did the comic take it? Months later? A year? Just days?

Mile High Shack
11-10-2010, 09:12 AM
How far did the comic take it? Months later? A year? Just days?

it's an ongoing thing, they are on issue #78 so far, there really is no "end" per say

SonOfLe-loLang
11-10-2010, 09:15 AM
it's an ongoing thing, they are on issue #78 so far, there really is no "end" per say

oh, cool...so i guess they have source material. but tv shows are often different than comic books (obviously), so it'd be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Mile High Shack
11-10-2010, 09:29 AM
oh, cool...so i guess they have source material. but tv shows are often different than comic books (obviously), so it'd be interesting to see where it goes from here.

well, they have stuck "somewhat" close, more so the pilot than last week's show

the zombies climbing fences create problems for one of the story lines though

SonOfLe-loLang
11-10-2010, 09:40 AM
well, they have stuck "somewhat" close, more so the pilot than last week's show

the zombies climbing fences create problems for one of the story lines though

Right now, it appears that they could have just taken the beginning of 28 days later and made up their own story line from there on in. Theres really nothing unique about any of the characters or the situations they are in. I'm into the show, but not in love with it...i just dont really care about any of them all that much yet. Hopefully soon.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Right now, it appears that they could have just taken the beginning of 28 days later and made up their own story line from there on in. Theres really nothing unique about any of the characters or the situations they are in. I'm into the show, but not in love with it...i just dont really care about any of them all that much yet. Hopefully soon.

Just hang tight. I'm telling you - it's balls awesome.

Mile High Shack
11-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Just hang tight. I'm telling you - it's balls awesome.

yeah, if they do the governor story line, it's going to blow people's minds

Gort
11-10-2010, 09:59 AM
You can not reach the driver slot in M1A from the turret area

it's not an M1A1/M1A2 Abrams, it's a British Chieftain. Hollywood always plays fast and loose with heavy military equipment since most viewers are not knowledgeable enough to know what they are seeing.

for example, in the really innaccurate "Battle of the Bulge" from 1965, they used M47 Pattons to represent the Tiger II tanks. there were only a handful of captured Tiger IIs in existance at that point, none of which could be used for the movie, so they used what they had access to... Spanish Army M47 Pattons.

they bear NO resemblance to each other.

M47 Patton

http://www.militarymuseum.org/Resources/M47.JPG

authentic Tiger II

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/images/image001.jpg

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-10-2010, 09:59 AM
And if you want, I'll hint that the books can be found on certain torrents. Ahem.

Jerry Curl
11-10-2010, 10:21 AM
I wish you people that have read the comics and know what happens in them would stop dropping subtle hints. You're almost spoiling it for some/me, I mean 'don't worry about most of the characters you're seeing now' is pretty much a spoiler, thanks! I'm just glad Darabont isn't following the comics fully.

And what was Jon Hamm before Mad Men? Nobody was singing his praises, why not give new actors a chance.

Old Dude
11-10-2010, 12:35 PM
I read a few of the comics after they were put into paperback style compilations. Not sure how many issues that would have covered - but I feel like I read at lead the first dozen or so issues worth of the story.

It was okay. Better than I expected. (I liked Kirkman's work on Invincible more) Same with the TV show. But honestly, I'm kinda burned out on the zombie apocalypse stuff.

What's the big appeal for the rest of you?

Cool Breeze
11-10-2010, 01:50 PM
I love this show - I can't wait till Sunday.
Spank the Chiefs, then watch the show...

Mile High Shack
11-10-2010, 02:10 PM
I read a few of the comics after they were put into paperback style compilations. Not sure how many issues that would have covered - but I feel like I read at lead the first dozen or so issues worth of the story.

It was okay. Better than I expected. (I liked Kirkman's work on Invincible more) Same with the TV show. But honestly, I'm kinda burned out on the zombie apocalypse stuff.

because I'm a geek and I love zombies ^5

CHANGSTER
11-10-2010, 02:38 PM

The book gets better and better. I think if you stuck with it a little longer you might of had a different impression. The story really isn't about the zombies. It's mainly about the characters and their evolution. After a while you actually sort of forget about the zombies in a way.

And Invincible is a really well done book. One of my favorite current titles.

Jerry Curl
11-10-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm not even that into zombies, the appeal for me was originally the other amc shows I watch and how good they are. Then they marketed the **** out of this so I looked into it more. Then watched the pilot and thought it was great, hooked now.

It also handles a different aspect of the whole zombies, like others said. It's not just about surviving against the actual dead but working within groups which only a tv show could really do.

Mile High Shack
11-10-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm not even that into zombies, the appeal for me was originally the other amc shows I watch and how good they are. Then they marketed the **** out of this so I looked into it more. Then watched the pilot and thought it was great, hooked now.

It also handles a different aspect of the whole zombies, like others said. It's not just about surviving against the actual dead but working within groups which only a tv show could really do.

exactly, the title actually refers to the survivors, the walking dead

ShutDownPoster
11-10-2010, 05:30 PM
So this guy can go toe to toe with Jon Hamm and Bryan Cranston? Yeah, right..

Jerry Curl
11-11-2010, 12:30 AM
At this point in his career, no, obviously not. But was Jon Hamm a megastar before Mad Men? No. The points is, give him a chance, at least more than a few episodes.

ShutDownPoster
11-11-2010, 03:47 AM
At this point in his career, no, obviously not. But was Jon Hamm a megastar before Mad Men? No. The points is, give him a chance, at least more than a few episodes.

Well compare the performances of each guy in their pilots of these 2 shows. Jon Hamm owned that show from day one, star making performance even if he goes on to be the next Michael Pare and make straight to dvd movies for the rest of his life ROFL! He made an iconic character right out of the gate. This guy is no way near that.

TonyR
11-11-2010, 06:40 AM
This guy is no way near that.

Why are you so interested in this aspect? Who cares? We're not comparing Walking Dead with Mad Men here are we? I love Mad Men, one of my favorite shows, but fyi the Walking Dead premiere got bigger ratings for AMC than Mad Men has ever had.

ShutDownPoster
11-11-2010, 06:44 AM
Why are you so interested in this aspect? Who cares? We're not comparing Walking Dead with Mad Men here are we? I love Mad Men, one of my favorite shows, but fyi the Walking Dead premiere got bigger ratings for AMC than Mad Men has ever had.

Coz it would ummm....make it a better show. The Cosby show ratings were through the roof would that make it better than Mad Men?

Geez, the zombie fanboys are worse than the McD/Shanny fanboys ;)

TonyR
11-11-2010, 06:57 AM
Coz it would ummm....make it a better show.

So you're suggesting that they should replace Andrew Lincoln with Jon Hamm? I'm surprised Frank Darabont didn't think of that himself.

But seriously, I think Lincoln has been more than fine in this role and the show has fared very well with the critics thus far.

bronco militia
11-11-2010, 07:10 AM
it's something to watch when the Sunday Night game goes bad

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-11-2010, 07:13 AM
So this guy can go toe to toe with Jon Hamm and Bryan Cranston? Yeah, right..

Ok. Then don't watch. It's that easy.

ShutDownPoster
11-11-2010, 07:18 AM
So you're suggesting that they should replace Andrew Lincoln with Jon Hamm? I'm surprised Frank Darabont didn't think of that himself.

But seriously, I think Lincoln has been more than fine in this role and the show has fared very well with the critics thus far.

Wow, I get flamed for thinking the guy isn't a good actor? LOL

But seriously, Jon Hamm wouldn't be right for Walking Dead - But Bryan Cranston would rock it!

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Wow, I get flamed for thinking the guy isn't a good actor? LOL

But seriously, Jon Hamm wouldn't be right fro Walking Dead.

It's the story that makes this series. The Matrix was badass and Keanu Reeves sucks. Mark Hamill was garbage. It's all good.

ShutDownPoster
11-11-2010, 07:22 AM
It's the story that makes this series. The Matrix was badass and Keanu Reeves sucks. Mark Hamill was garbage. It's all good.

What? Mark Hamill rocked in Corvette Summer! :notworthy

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-11-2010, 07:26 AM
What? Mark Hamill rocked in Corvette Summer! :notworthy

You should be ashamed if you actually saw that.

bronco militia
11-11-2010, 07:29 AM

come on.....every Star Wars fan saw that movie at least once

Ha!

ShutDownPoster
11-11-2010, 08:03 AM

Just illustrating the irony of our debate Ha!

Since we're talking about TV - this season of Dexter is awesome, and Julia Stiles looks great.

Rohirrim
11-11-2010, 08:16 AM
I still say they should go to the local armory, get a bunch of tanks, and drive through town making zombie jelly. Of course, then your show lasts about two episodes. ;D

Chris
11-11-2010, 08:26 AM
I think zombies are one of the dullest supernatural inventions around but I will still watch this show because I love AMC.

broncosteven
11-11-2010, 08:34 AM

I was disappointed in Rubicon, I thought it had potential then it just never went anywhere. I didn't watch it for the 1st couple weeks so I watched the 1st 3 episodes back to back to back and liked it but after watching one weekly it just doesn't move to much of anything. I only saw 10 minutes of the last one and am in no hurry to finish it.

I like what I have seen from Walking dead so far.

broncosteven
11-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Now Boardwalk Empire is the THE BOMB for me right now. Love this show.

btw, anyone catch that SWAMP PEOPLE show this year. Now that show was funny.

I admit to watching every Swamp people episode. At first I giggled through the 1st episode then got to where it was interesting seeing them catch theses things. I wonder if the dude with the long hair and cutoff overhauls wears anything under his kilt (Bruce?) plus if you have ever been near a hot stinking gator the smell comes right through the TV.

Rohirrim
11-11-2010, 09:46 AM
If they made these zombies like the ones in I, Legend it would be a whole lot more fun.

http://www.fastcompany.com/pics/sites/fastcompany.com.mba/linkedfiles/imagecache/slideshowlarge/slideshows/i-am-legend_0.jpg

bronco militia
11-11-2010, 09:47 AM
If they made these zombies like the ones in I, Legend it would be a whole lot more fun.

http://www.fastcompany.com/pics/sites/fastcompany.com.mba/linkedfiles/imagecache/slideshowlarge/slideshows/i-am-legend_0.jpg

bad CGI bald freeks? yawn.

**** you will smith

CHANGSTER
11-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Those were early vampires or something.

Rausch 2.0
11-11-2010, 10:13 AM
This is trying real damned hard to be an HBO/Showtime level production.

Great acting, great storyline, and it's got the gore fans love ta' boot...

CHANGSTER
11-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Clip from next ep. Got me stoked!

<object width="640" height="360" id="AOLVP_671232296001" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://o.aolcdn.com/videoplayer/AOL_PlayerLoader.swf"></param><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="flashvars" value="playerid=64486463001&publisherid=1612833736&stillurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpdl%2Estream%2Eaol%2Ecom%2Fp dlext%2Faol%2Fbrightcove%2Faolmaster%2F1612833736% 2F1612833736%5F671238193001%5Fvs%2D671233048001%2E jpg%3FpubId%3D1612833736&codever=1&videoid=671232296001"></param><embed src="http://o.aolcdn.com/videoplayer/AOL_PlayerLoader.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" bgcolor="#000000" width="640" height="360" name="AOLVP_671232296001" flashvars="playerid=64486463001&publisherid=1612833736&stillurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpdl%2Estream%2Eaol%2Ecom%2Fp dlext%2Faol%2Fbrightcove%2Faolmaster%2F1612833736% 2F1612833736%5F671238193001%5Fvs%2D671233048001%2E jpg%3FpubId%3D1612833736&codever=1&videoid=671232296001"></embed></object>

TonyR
03-12-2012, 09:04 AM
I'm surprised at how little chatter there is about this show. SJGR on last night's ep, as if it wasn't already.

BroncoInferno
03-12-2012, 09:05 AM
The last two weeks the show really stepped up it's game, first Dale going down and then Shane! Next week should be epic with the Walkers closing in on the farm.

bronco militia
03-12-2012, 09:07 AM
I'm surprised at how little chatter there is about this show. SJGR on last night's ep, as if it wasn't already.

this half season has been awesome.....

TonyR
03-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Outside of Sopranos, and maybe Lost at its peak, I can't think of a show that I couldn't wait to watch every week, and was disappointed that each ep ended so quickly, as I am with this show.

TonyR
03-12-2012, 09:09 AM
this half season has been awesome.....

I know so few people who watch it, and I'm like wtf, how could you not watch this show?

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Outside of Sopranos, and maybe Lost at its peak, I can't think of a show that I couldn't wait to watch every week, and was disappointed that each ep ended so quickly, as I am with this show.

Hey what about Game of Thrones!!! Spartacus is also great!

TonyR
03-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Hey what about Game of Thrones!!! Spartacus is also great!

GoT is definitely up there. Spartacus I don't watch. Also looking forward to the returns of Mad Men and The Killing.

bronco militia
03-12-2012, 09:28 AM
I know so few people who watch it, and I'm like wtf, how could you not watch this show?

the first half of this season (season 2) wore on me and became tedious....I almost quit watching until they found out Herschel was keeping walkers in the barn. I had to find out how that was going to unfold.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-12-2012, 09:43 AM
I am not a big fan of the walking dead, but generally write my thoughts on it every week. I was intrigued by this ep though... check out my thoughts!

http://peelingtheskin.blogspot.com/2012/03/what-march-10-12-means-to-me-signs-of.html

Ray Finkle
03-12-2012, 09:46 AM
anyone else want to guess why Shane turned so quickly?

jhns
03-12-2012, 09:48 AM
anyone else want to guess why Shane turned so quickly?

Everyone already carries the infection, it just doesn't take hold until you die. I think that is what they are getting at with infected people not being bitten first.

TonyR
03-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Everyone already carries the infection, it just doesn't take hold until you die. I think that is what they are getting at with infected people not being bitten first.

Right, which I think they first alluded to with the two dead police officers they found a few eps ago. I recall Shane noting that they didn't appear to have bites on them, and Rick replied something about how they must have scratches.

CEH
03-12-2012, 09:52 AM
The creator of the series Frank Darabont was fired as the creative lead during the 2nd season shooting. Was too demanding back up to corporate. Wanted more money for the series. AMC said go pound sand

Ray Finkle
03-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Right, which I think they first alluded to with the two dead police officers they found a few eps ago. I recall Shane noting that they didn't appear to have bites on them, and Rick replied something about how they must have scratches.

That's what I was thinking as well.....it's the only logical option. The folks throughout the series that died of a head injury (the crash victims) didn't turn. Also why the CDC guy blew himself up....

BroncoBen
03-12-2012, 09:58 AM
I love the Walking Dead.. its #1 on my DVR record list.. the debate at my house is should Shane have been killed off or not. I say he needed to go.. he was becoming too unstable for the group.

Rohirrim
03-12-2012, 09:59 AM
The creator of the series Frank Darabont was fired as the creative lead during the 2nd season shooting. Was too demanding back up to corporate. Wanted more money for the series. AMC said go pound sand

That's about when the scripts started going South. Anyway, the whole premise has that kind of "big eagle" problem about it. By "big eagle" problem I mean the LOTR issue that Gandalf could have taken the ring, jumped on a big eagle, flown over Mt. Doom, and dropped the ring in. End of story. In WD, the zombies can't swim and they can't climb a fence. So, you take a bulldozer, build a moat around your farm, include a fence or two, and live happily ever after. ;D

bronco militia
03-12-2012, 10:08 AM
That's about when the scripts started going South. Anyway, the whole premise has that kind of "big eagle" problem about it. By "big eagle" problem I mean the LOTR issue that Gandalf could have taken the ring, jumped on a big eagle, flown over Mt. Doom, and dropped the ring in. End of story. In WD, the zombies can't swim and they can't climb a fence. So, you take a bulldozer, build a moat around your farm, include a fence or two, and live happily ever after. ;D

I think Herschel said the creek is drying up....

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 10:10 AM

yup....the swamp dried up...

Rohirrim
03-12-2012, 10:13 AM

So, run a few fences. Some barbed wire. And why not go to the local armory and get a few armored personnel carriers with .50 cals mounted on top? A bunch of claymore mines? M16s?

CEH
03-12-2012, 10:16 AM
What's ironic is the ppl that own the farm down in ATL are devout Christains and they rent the farm out for all these zombies killings

Most of the guts you see on the show is actually take out BBQ

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 10:23 AM
-Minor Spoilers- (started to unravel the last couple of episodes)

The virus is airborne. So in theory they are all infected. It takes a scratch or bite to kill you. The virus just brings you back. That's what the scientist told Rick at the end of season 1. Hence the name of the show...The Walking Dead.

-Mid level Spoiler-

Also...if you are bitten in a limb, if you shop it off fast enough you could avoid death.

Ray Finkle
03-12-2012, 10:28 AM
-Minor Spoilers- (started to unravel the last couple of episodes)

The virus is airborne. So in theory they are all infected. It takes a scratch or bite to kill you. The virus just brings you back. That's what the scientist told Rick at the end of season 1. Hence the name of the show...The Walking Dead.

-Mid level Spoiler-

Also...if you are bitten in a limb, if you shop it off fast enough you could avoid the infection.

If that was the case T-Bone should be infected to do his cut (if it was airborne still).

SonOfLe-loLang
03-12-2012, 10:32 AM
If that was the case T-Bone should be infected to do his cut (if it was airborne still).

Maybe he was and thats why he NEVER talks :)

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 10:33 AM

Everyone is infected among them...just by inhaling the virus you get infected. Remember the 2 cops with no scratches or bites. Also the hanged zombie at the begging of this season.

As long as you don't get bitten or scratched by a zombie you won't die. But once you die...doesn't matter what way...you will come back as a walker.

bronco militia
03-12-2012, 10:34 AM

yeah, most of the characters have been injured multiple times

Rohirrim
03-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Everyone is infected among them...just by inhaling the virus you get infected. Remember the 2 cops with no scratches or bites. Also the hanged zombie at the begging of this season.

As long as you don't get bitten or scratched by a zombie you won't die. But once you die...doesn't matter what way...you will come back as a walker.

But not if you're shot in the head, I presume.

bronco militia
03-12-2012, 10:35 AM
So, run a few fences. Some barbed wire. And why not go to the local armory and get a few armored personnel carriers with .50 cals mounted on top? A bunch of claymore mines? M16s?

hey, no spoilers

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 10:38 AM
yeah, most of the characters have been injured multiple times

You don't need to be injured to get the infection. The virus was released airborne. If you inhaled it, you will become a future zombie. A zombie bite or scratch kills you. The virus already dormant in your body is what brings them back.

Ray Finkle
03-12-2012, 10:41 AM
You don't need to be injured to get the infection. The virus was released airborne. If you inhaled it, you will become a future zombie. A zombie bite or scratch kills you. The virus already dormant in your body is what brings them back.

the scratch part is from the comics but we really haven't seen it yet in the show (unless I forget).

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 10:43 AM
But not if you're shot in the head, I presume.

exactly! Remember the last 2 episodes of season 1 when they showed the video study of the scientist's wife that showed the chemical transformation of the brain once it died. The virus re activates the brain making the drive for food the primary function. Hence you shoot the brain and you avoid anybody coming back from the dead.

BroncoBuff
03-12-2012, 10:43 AM
This show has been stuck on 6 Episodes in my Internet TV for months ... is there something new finally?

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 10:46 AM
the scratch part is from the comics but we really haven't seen it yet in the show (unless I forget).

They have mentioned it. Nobody has gotten scratched but was mentioned several times among the survivors. From their past experiences before forming the current group. That's why they keep mentioning the scratches when looking for them among the police officers and the kid with the broken neck.

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 10:48 AM
This show has been stuck on 6 Episodes in my Internet TV for months ... is there something new finally?

Don't miss out! The second half has been great!

SonOfLe-loLang
03-12-2012, 10:50 AM

This past ep, yeah...before that? Same Old BS

Ray Finkle
03-12-2012, 10:53 AM
They have mentioned it. Nobody has gotten scratched but was mentioned several times among the survivors. From their past experiences before forming the current group. That's why they keep mentioning the scratches when looking for them among the police officers and the kid with the broken neck.

good points....I'm just hoping for Tyresse or Michonne to make their debut.

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 10:54 AM
good points....I'm just hoping for Tyresse or Michonne to make their debut.

That is going to be epic! Also the Governor!!!

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 10:59 AM
This past ep, yeah...before that? Same Old BS

What? The last 4-5 episodes have been great. I get you don't like Carl...but he will become a badass character. The first half was too slow paced, but it picked up right at the mid season premier. Can't wait for season 3.

Ray Finkle
03-12-2012, 11:04 AM
That is going to be epic! Also the Governor!!!

Governor's already been cast....he's a go. They've been quiet about the other two. Let's see if M's got her "mascots"....

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Governor's already been cast....he's a go. They've been quiet about the other two. Let's see if M's got her "mascots"....

The introduction of her "best friend and boyfriend" should be included. Should be a really cool WTF moment.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-12-2012, 11:22 AM
What? The last 4-5 episodes have been great. I get you don't like Carl...but he will become a badass character. The first half was too slow paced, but it picked up right at the mid season premier. Can't wait for season 3.

I disagree. I felt this past episode was good and shot the show into a diff direction, but for weeks we were insulated by the safety of the farm, were bogged down in meaningless plot and a whole lot of tut tuting, and yes, i hate that the show is weaved through Carl...easily the most uninteresting character in the show.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-12-2012, 11:23 AM
I never read the comic, but from what i heard, it sounds more interesting than what the TV show has been. But im intrigued by the direction of the show after last night

Heyneck
03-12-2012, 11:28 AM
I never read the comic, but from what i heard, it sounds more interesting than what the TV show has been. But im intrigued by the direction of the show after last night

Yup...prefer the comic...but in all seriousness that's why I enjoy the show so much. It keeps me guessing even though they try to stay true for the most of it. We shall see. Once we get to the prison...things should get really interesting.

Ray Finkle
03-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Yup...prefer the comic...but in all seriousness that's why I enjoy the show so much. It keeps me guessing even though they try to stay true for the most of it. We shall see. Once we get to the prison...things should get really interesting.

I'll give you a hand on that one.....