PDA

View Full Version : Chefs game a must win?

Gort
11-07-2010, 02:44 PM
is next week's game against the Chefs a must win game?

- at home
- coming off a bye with 2 weeks to prepare
- division rival
- on a 4 game losing streak
- losers of 14 of the last 18
- blown out by Oakland at home
- lackluster effort in England

if the Broncos don't show up and lose in a rout, i think McD's regime may be done. the only fact that may save him is how much $$$ Bowlen would be on the hook for paying to ex-coaches and the fact that next year might be wiped out by a strike/lockout.

what do you think?

chadta
11-07-2010, 02:48 PM
what do you think?

thank god the flyers dont suck too

phillybroncosnut
11-07-2010, 02:53 PM
thank god the flyers dont suck too

Winning again right now..... going for 7 in a row.

oubronco
11-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Every game is a must win when you are 2-6

TheReverend
11-07-2010, 02:56 PM
I think the bye came at a great time. We can get healthy, recharge and refocus and hit the 2nd half of the season with a fantastic opportunity to show the rest of the NFL that the Denver Broncos are the worst team in the NFL.

loborugger
11-07-2010, 02:57 PM
is next week's game against the Chefs a must win game?

- at home
- coming off a bye with 2 weeks to prepare
- division rival
- on a 4 game losing streak
- losers of 14 of the last 18
- blown out by Oakland at home
- lackluster effort in England

if the Broncos don't show up and lose in a rout, i think McD's regime may be done. the only fact that may save him is how much $$$ Bowlen would be on the hook for paying to ex-coaches and the fact that next year might be wiped out by a strike/lockout.

what do you think?

I think if they dont show up and at least play well, than we may very well have seen the last victory of the season... which also will be the last victory of the McDaniels era.

Champagne Powder
Every game is a must win when you are 2-6

No ****!

It's pretty hard to make the playoffs with 7 or 8 losses.

WolfpackGuy
Kinda goes without saying.

I wonder how long it takes the crowd to turn.

baja
11-07-2010, 02:59 PM
It will be a tell tale game that's for sure.

play like we did in the Raiders game then we might as well lose out

beat KC and win out we could win the west

BMarsh615
11-07-2010, 03:01 PM
I will watch the rest of the season but won't get upset anymore if we lose. I actually might start rooting for us to lose for draft position soon.

Gort
11-07-2010, 03:03 PM
It will be a tell tale game that's for sure.

play like we did in the Raiders game then we might as well lose out

beat KC and win out we could win the west

honestly... i don't care about winning out. i'll take a few more wins as long as we see effort and improvement from week to week. if that happens, i can live with 6-10 or 7-9 or 8-8. give us something to build on for the next season. but just going through the motions or continuing to play "stupid" football is what worries me. if that's what we get for the next 8 games, then everyone in this organization needs to take a good look at themselves in the mirror.

i think McD's job is on the line next week. i don't know if Bowlen would fire a coach midseason, but i do think Bowlen will make a decision about retaining a coach midseason.

TheReverend
11-07-2010, 03:12 PM
I will watch the rest of the season but won't get upset anymore if we lose. I actually might start rooting for us to lose for draft position soon.

Xanders/McD with a top of the draft pick...

baja
11-07-2010, 03:12 PM
honestly... i don't care about winning out. i'll take a few more wins as long as we see effort and improvement from week to week. if that happens, i can live with 6-10 or 7-9 or 8-8. give us something to build on for the next season. but just going through the motions or continuing to play "stupid" football is what worries me. if that's what we get for the next 8 games, then everyone in this organization needs to take a good look at themselves in the mirror.

<b>i think McD's job is on the line next week. i don't know if Bowlen would fire a coach midseason, but i do think Bowlen will make a decision about retaining a coach midseason.

I am beginning to think the root problem with the Broncos is related to Pat's health issues. I wonder how long Ellis has been making key decisions for Pat?

razorwire77
11-07-2010, 03:16 PM

i think McD's job is on the line next week. i don't know if Bowlen would fire a coach midseason, but i do think Bowlen will make a decision about retaining a coach midseason.

I agree with both points. I seriously doubt Bowlen is going to make a midseason move, especially given the financial obligation he still has to Shanny. However, the second half of the season will decide if the Josh McDaniels experiement gets a 3rd year. If we right the ship enough to be competative down the stretch in the west, play .500 or better ball and finish in the 7-9 range, he gets another year. Hopefully if that happens, in the offseason he goe heavy DE/DT/RT/G with our top picks, and gets FO help at inside LB and S to replace Dawkins who has got to be thinking retirement after this year.

After that in year 3 it's playoffs or bust for Josh.

Now if the wheels fall off the bus, and we finish 3-13/4-12, I think Bowlen makes a move.

TheChamp24
11-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Xanders/McD with a top of the draft pick...

I almost wonder if they would take AJ Green in the top 5 just because.

chadta
11-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Winning again right now..... going for 7 in a row.

**** its on now, i just assumed it was a 7 pm start

phillybroncosnut
11-07-2010, 03:37 PM
**** its on now, i just assumed it was a 7 pm start

Nah... 5 oclock start in Wash tonight... 2nd period just ended.. 2-2

spdirty
11-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Its a must lose game for the sake of a better draft pick.

Hopefully we will have an excellent shot at getting AJ Green, Julio Jones, Mark Ingram, Brandon Harris, or Prince Amukamara.

FireFly
11-07-2010, 04:33 PM

I hate this attitude so much.

Besides which, I would hate for us to have a top 3 pick.

Lev Vyvanse
11-07-2010, 04:51 PM
I hate this attitude so much.

Besides which, I would hate for us to have a top 3 pick.

I will never want the Broncos to lose, but these might be the first cost effective top picks in a long time.

WolfpackGuy
11-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Anybody trust this bunch of loons with a top five pick or possibly two top five picks with the lockout looming?

TheChamp24
11-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Anybody trust this bunch of loons with a top five pick or possibly two top five picks with the lockout looming?

What?

Gort
11-07-2010, 05:05 PM

give McD a top 5 pick and i'm certain he'll take a kicker.

:thanku:

WolfpackGuy
11-07-2010, 05:06 PM
What?

Just the word going around on how they're going to cover the 2011 and 2012 draft picks during the lockout.

Teams would pick the same spot both years.

OBF1
11-07-2010, 05:27 PM
NO,

We are behind all 3 teams in our division and to be quite frank about it, we are just not that good.

Lev Vyvanse
11-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Just the word going around on how they're going to cover the 2011 and 2012 draft picks during the lockout.

No way this happends. They will do something like the NHL and hold a lottery for the second draft.

oubronco
11-07-2010, 07:13 PM

That would be fuggin sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

maven
11-07-2010, 07:52 PM
No question about it. Denver must win versus the Chiefs.

lostknight
11-07-2010, 08:42 PM
I am beginning to think the root problem with the Broncos is related to Pat's health issues. I wonder how long Ellis has been making key decisions for Pat?

At least since before Mike was fired, since most sources point to Ellis as the genesis of that particular idea. Then there was the Cutler debacle, and Bowlen hasn't been seen in public since - even when Tebow was signed.

lostknight
11-07-2010, 08:43 PM

That would be spectacular, given that we almost certainly will have a top five draft pick unless this team radically improves, and there will be significant salary constraints for Rooks under any contract.