PDA

View Full Version : rest of AFCW

tsiguy96
11-07-2010, 01:59 PM
chargers just got a gift by andre johnso, kneed the ball out of his hands kinda and it landed into a chargers hands to end the game.

if chargers win this, they go to 4 wins, regardless if denver wants ANY shot, they need oakland to win. wed be down 2-2.5 games with 8 games to go.

tsiguy96
11-07-2010, 02:01 PM
kubiak is gonna go another year with no playoffs. cant be .500 team forever.

orangemonkey
11-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Chargers, Chiefs and Raiders are improving week after week while we crash.

tsiguy96
11-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Chargers, Chiefs and Raiders are improving week after week while we crash.

jesus christ is it impossible to discuss anything without crybabies here? i make any reference to denver having any shot at winning AFCW and people like you fly out of the woodworks to try and shut everything down. go the **** away you whiney little bitch

TheChamp24
11-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Playoffs? You talking about the playoffs?
We're 4 games under .500 and can't stop the run, can't run the ball ourselves.

Popps
11-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Wow, SD is blessed. How the hell does that happen?

oubronco
11-07-2010, 02:05 PM
kubiak is gonna go another year with no playoffs. cant be .500 team forever.

That team is loaded and they can't seem to stop anyone when they need to

sound familiar

bronco militia
11-07-2010, 02:05 PM
I hate the texans

**** you kubiak

Popps
11-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Schaub looks pretty bad latley.

go_broncos
11-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Chargers might win the division again...

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-07-2010, 02:09 PM

Because it seems like they've been cursed every other week leading up to this one. Eventually, they'll get one to go in their favor.

OBF1
11-07-2010, 02:09 PM
You are a fool if you think Denver has any chance at the playoffs... Or are you too damn busy playing on the internet and not watching this team play. Denver is not making the playoffs, We have a better chance at a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft.

tsiguy96
11-07-2010, 02:13 PM
wait, we are on a broncos fan message board, right? so we arent allowed to be fans here? hope that the team, playing in a completely inept AFCW can make a 2nd half comeback like the titans last year, and make a run at something?

oh yea, we should just come to htis message board to cry about how bad everything is and why mcdummy destroyed this team. got it.

CEH
11-07-2010, 02:16 PM

SD is first in offense and first in defense. That is no accident
Untimely penalities and bad ST have caused their issues. From a phyical standpoint they are still the cream of the AFCW. Keep hoping they fall down to our level but the cream always rises

Plus SD has had 5 punts blocked this year. The rest of the NFL 5 total

MABroncoFan
11-07-2010, 02:25 PM
SD will win the AFC West IMO. They won today w/ no VJax, Floyd, Gates, Naanee, and Mathews. Rivers is like Manning - turns unknown WRs into stars.

DBroncos4life
11-07-2010, 02:30 PM
LOL I would settle for a win against one AFC west team before I even thought about the playoffs.

400HZ
11-07-2010, 03:53 PM
SD will win the AFC West IMO. They won today w/ no VJax, Floyd, Gates, Naanee, and Mathews. Rivers is like Manning - turns unknown WRs into stars.

Rivers today was 17 of 23 for 295 yards and 4 TD's against 1 pick. If the Chargers' special teams weren't such a mess and they had a few more W's, you would be unable to argue against Rivers being the best quarterback in the league. But San Diego is 4-5, so he will continue to be overlooked nationally.

tsiguy96
11-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Rivers today was 17 of 23 for 295 yards and 4 TD's against 1 pick. If the Chargers' special teams weren't such a mess and they had a few more W's, you would be unable to argue against Rivers being the best quarterback in the league. But San Diego is 4-5, so he will continue to be overlooked nationally.

hes not being overlooked nationally at all, i promise you.

baja
11-07-2010, 04:07 PM
As a Bronco fan I feel I should write Rivers an apology for Cutler going to the probowl over him.

Clockwork Orange
11-07-2010, 04:07 PM

What's really remarkable about that stat line is that he put it up while throwing to basically all backup WR's and TE's.

Rivers is an elite QB. There is no disputing that.

misturanderson
11-07-2010, 04:17 PM
What's really remarkable about that stat line is that he put it up while throwing to basically all backup WR's and TE's.

Rivers is an elite QB. There is no disputing that.

If only he weren't SUCH a whiny little bitch all the time. I respect his talent and ability, but I wish he would shut the **** up every once in a while. I would gladly enjoy watching him if his behavior wasn't the complete embodiment of everything I hate about players in professional sports.

TheChamp24
11-07-2010, 04:22 PM
As a Bronco fan I feel I should write Rivers an apology for Cutler going to the probowl over him.

Cutler deserved it, however Brett Favre did not.

Clockwork Orange
11-07-2010, 04:24 PM
If only he weren't SUCH a whiny little b**** all the time. I respect his talent and ability, but I wish he would shut the **** up every once in a while. I would gladly enjoy watching him if his behavior wasn't the complete embodiment of everything I hate about players in professional sports.

It's one of those "when our guys does it, it's because he's fiery and passionate. When the other teams guy does it, it's because he's a dick" situations. Every team has had guys like that who their own fans love and opposing fans loathe.

In all fairness, Rivers seems like he has toned down the antics and there is NO denying how great a QB he is. I'll also add that Tom Brady's far less publicized on field dickishness is worse than anything Rivers does.

vancejohnson82
11-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Rivers is a great example of why the NFL cant connect with the every day person....

great player...****ty attitude...we watch them to escape our own lives for a bit

Xenos
11-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Rivers is a great example of why the NFL cant connect with the every day person....

great player...****ty attitude...we watch them to escape our own lives for a bit
I disagree. He acts just like a typical football fan at a game.

Xenos
11-07-2010, 04:42 PM
If only he weren't SUCH a whiny little b**** all the time. I respect his talent and ability, but I wish he would shut the **** up every once in a while. I would gladly enjoy watching him if his behavior wasn't the complete embodiment of everything I hate about players in professional sports.
What are you going to do when Tebow finally starts then? lol

Boltjolt
11-07-2010, 04:56 PM
hes not being overlooked nationally at all, i promise you.

Id say when you see Sanchez in commercials for the NFL and not Rivers when Sanchez stunk last year, he is being overlooked.
The only guy that dont overlook Rivers is Trent Dilfer.

Boltjolt
11-07-2010, 04:59 PM

Then you must hate other QB's as well. He doesnt do anything that Brady for example doesnt do. He is just a fiery competitor but even when he does say anything out there, he isnt cursing or insulting anyone. Just isnt his nature. He uses every player on the field at his disposal and isnt afraid to throw at ANY CB no matter who it is.
Brady is actually a lot worse. He dont shake anybodys hands after a loss and cries at the podium after a loss. Rivers dont so that stuff. Never said a bad word about Cutler while Cutler was being a biatch about him. And Cutler started it all.

vancejohnson82
11-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Then you must hate other QB's as well. He doesnt do anything that Brady for example doesnt do. He is just a fiery competitor but even when he does say anything out there, he isnt cursing or insulting anyone. Just isnt his nature. He uses every player on the field at his disposal and isnt afraid to throw at ANY CB no matter who it is.
Brady is actually a lot worse. He dont shake anybodys hands after a loss and cries at the podium after a loss. Rivers dont so that stuff. Never said a bad word about Cutler while Cutler was being a biatch about him. And Cutler started it all.

Rivers talked just as much....he also grabbed his nuts on national television...they are both guys who think the world gravitates around them

400HZ
11-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Rivers talked just as much....he also grabbed his nuts on national television...they are both guys who think the world gravitates around them

You are making things up. Cool story, though.

richpjr
11-07-2010, 08:28 PM

I thought Eric Allen said it was Cutler who grabbed his nuts.

tsiguy96
11-07-2010, 08:28 PM
broncos are what, 3 games back in division? they essentially need to win out in division, well lets just call it win out. but winning out in division is a good start.

oubronco
11-07-2010, 08:30 PM
broncos are what, 3 games back in division? they essentially need to win out in division, well lets just call it win out. but winning out in division is a good start.

Campbell had a good day agianst the Queefs secondary better look out Orton's coming

tsiguy96
11-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Campbell had a good day agianst the Queefs secondary better look out Orton's coming

correction: ford had a GREAT day against flowers, who was a top 5 CB in the game before today...

campbell looked pretty bad but got bailed out big time. we needed raiders to win to have any possible shot of being the first team to ever come back from 2-6 to enter playoffs....:D

oubronco
11-07-2010, 08:33 PM
correction: ford had a GREAT day against flowers, who was a top 5 CB in the game before today...

campbell looked pretty bad but got bailed out big time. we needed raiders to win to have any possible shot of being the first team to ever come back from 2-6 to enter playoffs....:D

Look out Brandon Lloyd is coming ;D

tsiguy96
11-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Look out Brandon Lloyd is coming ;D

damn skippy :thumbs:

1 game at a time

gunns
11-07-2010, 09:07 PM
wait, we are on a broncos fan message board, right? so we arent allowed to be fans here? hope that the team, playing in a completely inept AFCW can make a 2nd half comeback like the titans last year, and make a run at something?

oh yea, we should just come to htis message board to cry about how bad everything is and why mcdummy destroyed this team. got it.

The only one that seems to be crying is you. We are all fans. We did not do this to the team. No one has more hope than the fans. It would be great to make that comeback and yes, for the most part, we have a lot of the pieces to do that. But until the team decides to play like a team, to utilize what they have to the best of their ability I don't see why you would expect anyone to talk any other way.

It's the teams fault, not the fans and not injuries. Even the slightest spark such as beating the Chiefs would have me feeling over confident. But it has to happen first and that's up to the team.

tsiguy96
11-07-2010, 09:15 PM
The only one that seems to be crying is you. We are all fans. We did not do this to the team. No one has more hope than the fans. It would be great to make that comeback and yes, for the most part, we have a lot of the pieces to do that. But until the team decides to play like a team, to utilize what they have to the best of their ability I don't see why you would expect anyone to talk any other way.

It's the teams fault, not the fans and not injuries. Even the slightest spark such as beating the Chiefs would have me feeling over confident. But it has to happen first and that's up to the team.

read what he said to me. being criticized for not crying about how bad they are, rather talking about them potentially winning some games still, is ridiculous on a fan message board.

Boltjolt
11-07-2010, 10:52 PM

LOL, that was Cutler who did that, not Rivers.

boltaneer
11-08-2010, 12:29 AM
LOL, that was Cutler who did that, not Rivers.

I think the posters here who hate Rivers for his "antics" (whatever those are) are Cutler fans still in denial and are still pissy about the Rivers/Cutler "drama" on MNF.

They can't get over it just like Cutler couldn't.

Atwater His Ass
11-08-2010, 02:00 AM
I used to really hate Rivers, but then I realized I just hated him because he owned us so many times. I'd love to have him on our team, and although it's not like SD hasn't had more than their share of the media blowing sunshine up their ass over the years, it is ridiculous how little respect Rivers gets nationally.

Blart
11-08-2010, 02:57 AM
Fire mcdaniels

hire kubiak

Ugly Duck
11-08-2010, 03:12 AM
Chargers might win the division again...

Remember last year when Sandy Eggo started slow & then ran the table in the 2nd half of the season? Don't look now but they are still the most talented team in the division. Oakland is much better than it has been in the last 7 years, but still has lotsa problems. The Raider offense has recently been non-existent for the SF game & also in the first halves of the Seattle & KC games. KC has gone 2-3 in their last 5 & just barely beat the lowly Bills in OT for one of those wins. Sandy Eggo is looking like they're starting to heat up right now & they ain't that far behind.

400HZ
11-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Remember last year when Sandy Eggo started slow & then ran the table in the 2nd half of the season? Don't look now but they are still the most talented team in the division. Oakland is much better than it has been in the last 7 years, but still has lotsa problems. The Raider offense has recently been non-existent for the SF game & also in the first halves of the Seattle & KC games. KC has gone 2-3 in their last 5 & just barely beat the lowly Bills in OT for one of those wins. Sandy Eggo is looking like they're starting to heat up right now & they ain't that far behind.

I wouldn't say that. They have two legit all star players in Rivers and Gates, but there isn't another player on the team who is better than average. Drafting lower for the last five years and whiffing, and letting players leave has taken a heavy toll on the roster. The "most talented team in the league" moniker from 2006-2007 was always overblown, but look at the "elite" players who are gone from those teams. Merriman, Jamal Williams, Cromartie, LT, Lorenzo Neal, Chris Chambers, Vincent Jackson, etc. Meanwhile Oakland and KC have drafted high for four or five years in a row now and that's finally starting to pay off for them even though they made some hilarious mistakes along the way.

Ugly Duck
11-08-2010, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't say that. They have two legit all star players in Rivers and Gates, but there isn't another player on the team who is better than average. Drafting lower for the last five years and whiffing, and letting players leave has taken a heavy toll on the roster. The "most talented team in the league" moniker from 2006-2007 was always overblown, but look at the "elite" players who are gone from those teams. Merriman, Jamal Williams, Cromartie, LT, Lorenzo Neal, Chris Chambers, Vincent Jackson, etc. Meanwhile Oakland and KC have drafted high for four or five years in a row now and that's finally starting to pay off for them even though they made some hilarious mistakes along the way.

Yeah... they've lost some high-caliber players, but even with that, as a team they're still very productive. They sport the league's #1 offense & #2 defense... thats gonna translate into wins. The only other AFCW team in the top ten in both categories is Oakland, #9 offense & #7 defense. That high production in Sandy Eggo is going to boil down to them climbing up.

pink_feet
11-08-2010, 01:50 PM
SD is first in offense and first in defense. That is no accident
Untimely penalities and bad ST have caused their issues. From a phyical standpoint they are still the cream of the AFCW. Keep hoping they fall down to our level but the cream always rises

Plus SD has had 5 punts blocked this year. The rest of the NFL 5 total

Hilarious!

Thats funny.

Also, they have had like 3 kick offs returned for TD's as well as 1 punt returned for a TD. Their ST is dead last I believe.

When I saw the injury report for SD, I thought for sure there was no way they win that game. No Gates, no Floyd, Naanee, basically all their starters are out.

But damn, you gotta hand it to Rivers. Dude is on a roll. Hate if you want, but he is a baller.

pink_feet
11-08-2010, 01:52 PM
It's one of those "when our guys does it, it's because he's fiery and passionate. When the other teams guy does it, it's because he's a dick" situations. Every team has had guys like that who their own fans love and opposing fans loathe.

In all fairness, Rivers seems like he has toned down the antics and there is NO denying how great a QB he is. I'll also add that Tom Brady's far less publicized on field dickishness is worse than anything Rivers does.

East coast bias. Some of the stuff Brady does and says, holy crap, how does he get away with that.

richpjr
11-08-2010, 05:14 PM
East coast bias. Some of the stuff Brady does and says, holy crap, how does he get away with that.

Yep. East coast bias and 3 rings.

colonelbeef
11-08-2010, 05:33 PM
jesus christ is it impossible to discuss anything without crybabies here? i make any reference to denver having any shot at winning AFCW and people like you fly out of the woodworks to try and shut everything down. go the **** away you whiney little b****

anybody else enjoying the irony of this meltdown post?

TonyR
11-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Yep. East coast bias and 3 rings.

Well played.

Broncobiv
11-08-2010, 08:53 PM
During the ESPN MNF radio broadcast just now, Boomer Esiason was just asked who he though the best team in the AFC was.

Take a guess.

Yep...he said the San Diego Chargers!

Best 4-5 team EVAR!!!!!!!!

Homer Simpson
11-08-2010, 09:06 PM
During the ESPN MNF radio broadcast just now, Boomer Esiason was just asked who he though the best team in the AFC was.

Take a guess.

They have the 2nd best QB in the AFC right now. Bob could be their WR (ok, TE) and he'd throw for 400 yards.

Broncobiv
11-08-2010, 09:14 PM
They have the 2nd best QB in the AFC right now. Bob could be their WR (ok, TE) and he'd throw for 400 yards.

Unfortunately it takes a lot more than a great QB to be the best TEAM in the conference. Boomer just wanted to throw something wild out there because it would sound a lot more interesting (and unfortunately for him, a lot more moronic) than the more realistic answer of New England/Pittsburgh/etc.

richpjr
11-08-2010, 10:45 PM

I was watching some of the NFL wrap up on Sunday night and they said that when the Chargers scored their last 15 points in that game they were down to 4 starters on the field. Rivers has really turned into an elite QB and for everyone's sake, I'm glad he has toned down his yapping.

TheChamp24
11-09-2010, 06:56 AM

Take a guess.

Believe it or not, the Chargers do deserve some candidacy in the argument.
#1 offense in yards, #5 in points scored
3rd highest 3rd down conversion % in the NFL
Defense is #2 in yards per game, 18th in scoring due to poor special teams
An AFC high 27 sacks
12th in the NFL in 3rd down defense(1 spot behind that vaunted Steelers defense)

However, they have an AFC worst -9 turnover differential.
They've lost 2 games by 3 points each, 2 games by 7 and 1 game by 8.

I hate to say it, but Rivers makes that offense scary good and the defense is very solid. Poor special teams could be their undoing this year.

Captain 'Dre
11-09-2010, 04:48 PM

If Cutler was named to the Pro Bowl as a Designated Douchebag, then it's all good. Ha!

jossjeff
11-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Raiduhfan checking in boys...

Gotta say if I had to pick one team to fear...

Yup Chargers.

Despite being behind the Chiefs.

If I had a top five QB pick Rivers would be top three, maybe higher based on late.

Despite our recent winning streak still lukewarm on Campbell.

QB isnt everything...yet it counts for alot.

Captain 'Dre
11-09-2010, 08:38 PM
in all fairness, rivers seems like he has toned down the antics and there is no denying how great a qb he is. I'll also add that tom brady's far less publicized on field dickishness is worse than anything rivers does.

qft

Captain 'Dre
11-09-2010, 08:42 PM

Uh... it was Jay Cutler who did the nut-grabbing, not Rivers.

Boy, you really ARE scrambling to find reasons to hate Rivers! Ha!

Captain 'Dre
11-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I thought Eric Allen said it was Cutler who grabbed his nuts.

Bingo.

But go ahead and hate Rivers because he has nuts, then. :sunshine: