PDA

View Full Version : you think we have it bad? mcd >>>>>>>>> childress

tsiguy96
11-07-2010, 08:17 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5776770&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5776770

After the two were separated, according to sources, a teammate told Harvin: "You just did what a lot of us have been wanting to say for years."

im surprised they havent just turned it over to frazier, he has a chance to be a legit NFL HC, childress is already done for. cowboys situation not so easy, they dont have anyone who they can readily turn the position over to.

tsiguy96
11-07-2010, 08:20 AM
also, tom jackson said shanahan royally messed up with donovan mcnabb, and its hard to disagree.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/07/talk-continues-that-mcnabb-cant-figure-out-shanahans-offense/

welcome to the doghouse mcnabb, theres plenty of company there for you

backup qb
11-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Don't the vikes owe Childress something like 13.5 million? Thought I heard that on NFL radio the other morning. That's a lot to swallow, but I do agree with you on Frazier.

Jason in LA
11-07-2010, 08:28 AM
I really don't know how this makes McD any better or means that it could be worse for the Broncos. Hell, at least the Viks are relevant. National reporters don't waste their time covering the Broncos.

tsiguy96
11-07-2010, 08:29 AM
I really don't know how this makes McD any better or means that it could be worse for the Broncos. Hell, at least the Viks are relevant. National reporters don't waste their time covering the Broncos.

mcd may not be a great coach or ever make it as a bronco, but atleast he doesnt fight his players LOL

Jason in LA
11-07-2010, 08:31 AM
but atleast he doesnt fight his players LOL

Yet.

Arkie
11-07-2010, 08:34 AM
At least Childress has a winning record and two division titles.

worm
11-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Yet when the owner went to the players last week to gauge Childress's support....he shipped Moss out and kept Brad.

So it must not be total mutiny.

It sets a dangerous precedent when you start to let the inmates run the asylum.

Jetmeck
11-07-2010, 08:38 AM
If you disagree with our little dictator you are shown the door.

Broncomutt
11-07-2010, 08:45 AM
mcd may not be a great coach or ever make it as a bronco, but atleast he doesnt fight his players LOL

Probably because he knows they'd just stand around watching while he got his ass beat. :chairhit:

Popps
11-07-2010, 08:46 AM

Who cares? We barely got any love when we were winning SB's. NY ruining our undefeated season was the biggest news story of that sports year.

Welcome to being a Broncos fan. Embrace it.

As for Minny, if Favre wasn't there... you wouldn't be hearing much about them, either.

HILife
11-07-2010, 08:49 AM
If you disagree with our little dictator you are shown the door.

hate?

frerottenextelway
11-07-2010, 09:48 AM
They almost went to the SB last year.

TheReverend
11-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Who cares? We barely got any love when we were winning SB's.

Uh, what?

oubronco
11-07-2010, 10:55 AM
If McD only had Adrian Peterson

Dr. Broncenstein
11-07-2010, 11:14 AM

What, we aren't fumbling enough?

fontaine
11-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Meh, no big deal.

The Vikings players are quitting on their coach during practice.

Ours are quitting on McD during the game.

colonelbeef
11-07-2010, 01:33 PM

qft.

DBroncos4life
11-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Deflection at it's best.

tsiguy96
11-07-2010, 01:36 PM
percy harvin on sideline at halftime, caught on camera/mic, from pft:

Several readers have told us that FOX microphones picked up at halftime of the Cardinals-Vikings game a fan yelling for the Wilf family to "fire this f--king idiot at halftime."

TDmvp
11-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Jeeez some people will go to any reaches to find someway to defend Josh.

Now it's So and so is a crap coach , at least we don't have him.

Not comforting considering Brad is 36 and 28 in the regular season and Josh is 10 and 14 but hey whatever helps you sleep at night Tsiguy .

Right now calling Josh better than just about anyone coaching is a reach and pointless.

Just this thread title alone made me laugh , good stuff Tsiguy.

Popps
11-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Uh, what?

Talking mainstream media, here. It was also sort of a tongue in cheek comment. But, if the Jets had won two SBs in a row... we'd still be hearing about it on a daily basis. We'd have national holidays.

KipCorrington25
11-07-2010, 02:19 PM
At least Childress has brought in talent instead of shipping it out... Well except Moss maybe.

Clockwork Orange
11-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Definitely makes me feel better. As we all know, our head coach would never, ever butt heads with any of his players. Ever.

Thank goodness we don't have a coach who does that.

broncosteven
11-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Jeeez some people will go to any reaches to find someway to defend Josh.

Now it's So and so is a crap coach , at least we don't have him.

Not comforting considering Brad is 36 and 28 in the regular season and Josh is 10 and 14 but hey whatever helps you sleep at night Tsiguy .

Right now calling Josh better than just about anyone coaching is a reach and pointless.

Just this thread title alone made me laugh , good stuff Tsiguy.

Since Minn won today does that put Childrens back up over mCd as the better coach? After all the Vike's are now 3-5 and we are still 2-6...

TDmvp
11-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Since Minn won today does that put Childrens back up over mCd as the better coach? After all the Vike's are now 3-5 and we are still 2-6...

Basically trying to defend Josh by pointing to any other coach at this point is pointless.

Broncos_OTM
11-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Definitely makes me feel better. As we all know, our head coach would never, ever butt heads with any of his players. Ever.

Thank goodness we don't have a coach who does that.or call out his players for not being tough enough. Imagine that altercation with b marsh body slamming mcd

broncosteven
11-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Basically trying to defend Josh by pointing to any other coach at this point is pointless.

Like I posted a couple days ago: I was picking up my toddler at day care and one kid who was potty training had crapped his pants and had **** all over the place was on the changing table and the staff was trying to clean him and the kid was pointing to another kid who was picking his nose, "teacher, so and so is picking his nose"

Anyone who trys to deflect that things could be worse if we were some other fanbase who is going though problems is a fool for not seeing our problems.

Take the lumps and hope we get better the rest of the year and have something to build on for next year.

tsiguy96
11-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Like I posted a couple days ago: I was picking up my toddler at day care and one kid who was potty training had crapped his pants and had **** all over the place was on the changing table and the staff was trying to clean him and the kid was pointing to another kid who was picking his nose, "teacher, so and so is picking his nose"

Anyone who trys to deflect that things could be worse if we were some other fanbase who is going though problems is a fool for not seeing our problems.

Take the lumps and hope we get better the rest of the year and have something to build on for next year.

i think its funny that you think anyone here doesnt know the problems this team is having.

Popps
11-07-2010, 06:45 PM
i think its funny that you think anyone here doesnt know the problems this team is having.

I think it's funny that the kid with poopy pants was calling out the nose picking kid.

:rofl:

gunns
11-07-2010, 06:51 PM

I bet that was said at the Broncos-Raiders game too. And I wonder what they were saying after Minnesota came back and won it.

I love Childress snide little remarks about Brett Favre.

Sassy
11-07-2010, 08:40 PM

and a line that will block for him?

BroncoMan4ever
11-07-2010, 09:03 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5776770&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5776770

im surprised they havent just turned it over to frazier, he has a chance to be a legit NFL HC, childress is already done for. cowboys situation not so easy, they dont have anyone who they can readily turn the position over to.

isn't Garrett primed for the Dallas job isn't that why they made him the highest paid OC a few years ago?

also, as Broncos fans we should look at things like this, things could be worse, we could have been born Dallas fans.

is it worse to be bad with injuries killing the team when almost everyone expected the team to be bad, or to be bad when you were a legit choice for super bowl contender?

BroncoMan4ever
11-07-2010, 09:06 PM

considering the Vikes were listed as possible contenders in the NFC and are now 3-5 i put Childress below McD with the poor showing plus the way he is handling the team, looks like a clown. at least no one expected anything from McD this season and he is proving that to be correct.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-08-2010, 05:40 AM
I don't take a lot of solace in the idea that ours is not the absolute worst coach in the league. And ****, he won yesterday.

I still like McD, and I want him to do well here.

BroncosSR
11-08-2010, 06:02 AM
I'm not sure McD > Chilly... McD has pretty much failed in every way and clearly didn't handle the Cutler/Sheffler/Marshall situations correctly...

Plus who would fight him... He's 5 foot nothing.

jhns
11-08-2010, 06:03 AM

Thank goodness we don't have a coach who does that.

LOL

We are all happy to have a loser for a coach instead of a winner like Childress.

What kind of fan wants to lose?

TonyR
11-08-2010, 06:17 AM
...is it worse to be bad with injuries killing the team when almost everyone expected the team to be bad, or to be bad when you were a legit choice for super bowl contender?

I was thinking the same thing. The Dallas situation just doesn't make sense. One of the most talented teams in the league and sometimes dominant last season. Clearly Wade Phillips isn't a very good head coach but come on, the players need to go out and make some kind of a respectable effort.

But to answer your question I'd probably rather have the Dallas situation than ours. Bring in a good coach who can possibly do something with all that talent. The down side for them is the possibility that none of the better coaching possibilities may want to work for Jerry Jones.

And speaking of Wade Phillips, I'd support bringing him in as DC next season but I know that will never happen!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-08-2010, 06:56 AM
LOL

We are all happy to have a loser for a coach instead of a winner like Childress.

What kind of fan wants to lose?

First time "winner" and "Childress" have ever been saddled together, but whatever tickles your pickle, junior.

jhns
11-08-2010, 07:07 AM
First time "winner" and "Childress" have ever been saddled together, but whatever tickles your pickle, junior.

Yeah, I would hate a coach with a winning record. That means you are a loser. We are much better off with McDaniels...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Yeah, I would hate a coach with a winning record. That means you are a loser. We are much better off with McDaniels...

Most Minnesota fans hate Childress because of his terrible clock and game management, his Favre-coddling, etc. So yes, I'm quite certain you would hate Childress as your head coach.

And let's be honest: You hated McDaniels last year when his record was 6-0. You just weren't around as much to let us know about it. Now we're losing? Here every day. Interesting.

jhns
11-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Most Minnesota fans hate Childress because of his terrible clock and game management, his Favre-coddling, etc. So yes, I'm quite certain you would hate Childress as your head coach.

And let's be honest: You hated McDaniels last year when his record was 6-0. You just weren't around as much to let us know about it. Now we're losing? Here every day. Interesting.

Actually, I was here and starting to come around. I was even starting to defend McD at the end of the year. Then he had another offseason and I turned back into a hater. Mostly because I have a brain and could see how dumb he has been. Nolan leaving with Martindale being promoted was the end of me giving McDaniels a chance. You can't remember that far back because you don't have a developed brain. This is easy to see when looking at your takes. You are just dumb....

I have never hated a coach that is winning and would never say I was happy we have a **** coach over a winner. That is really really dumb. There is no spin or deflection that changes this fact.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-08-2010, 07:29 AM
Nope, you just disappear. Not dumb. Just ****ing cowardly.

jhns
11-08-2010, 07:35 AM
Nope, you just disappear. Not dumb. Just ****ing cowardly.

LOL

So sad...

hookemhess
11-08-2010, 07:36 AM

That's because he probably couldn't even take our kickers.

go_broncos
11-08-2010, 07:53 AM

may be our coach sucks in fighting too..

Pick Six
11-08-2010, 10:05 AM

The camera showed some "Fire Chilly" signs in the crowd at halftime. Unless they wanted Chilly Willy the Penguin fired, I'd say they were VERY upset at Childress...;)

WolfpackGuy
11-08-2010, 11:24 AM
He couldn't even look Fozzie Smiff in the eye when he a Bronco, much less fight anyone.