PDA

View Full Version : Cutler needs to believe there will be consequences if potential doesn't start getting results

bronco militia
11-04-2010, 07:12 AM
With good humor Wednesday at Halas Hall, Jay Cutler responded to whether Mike Shanahan's 2-minute offense was more strenuous than most. Cutler played three seasons for Shanahan with the Broncos so naturally he could compare.

"I don't know,'' Cutler said with an actual smile. "You have to ask Donovan (McNabb) if they've changed it from whenever I had it. When I had it, I didn't think it was the most physically exerting thing.''

For Cutler, a stab at humor represents a 2010 breakthrough. Light-heartedness beats light-headedness any day.

The subject came up because Shanahan made the silly claim he inserted Rex Grossman for McNabb, the Redskins quarterback, with 1 minute, 50 seconds left in Sunday's game in part because of McNabb's conditioning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Register and receive free newsletters and alerts >>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I suppose the better question to Cutler, the one unspoken but apparently obvious to Bears fans based on my inbox, is whether he wants to execute Shanahan's 2-minute drill again as early as next season.

Now is not the appropriate time for Cutler to address any possible reunion with Shanahan in Washington, but the idea that so much conversation in Chicago even would broach such trade folly 22 games into Cutler's Bears tenure indicates how quickly this supposed franchise quarterback has worn out his welcome to many.

I get the hypothetical. I know hometown darling McNabb, the anti-Cutler in terms of charisma, becomes a free agent in 2011 and the Bears desperately need draft picks, which Cutler could bring in return.

And if the Bears undergo a regime change that likely will occur if they miss the playoffs again, the next GM easily could view Cutler as a toxic influence who killed two coaching tenures.

But slow down. Consider any trade would put the Bears back in the spot of looking for a young quarterback to develop skills Cutler already possesses. Remember any typical football guy inheriting the Bears roster will look at Cutler's ability to do things only a handful of quarterbacks can do and believe he can be fixed. On film, Cutler's skills can be seductive and his flaws easier to accept.

That's what made trading for Cutler so exciting. Outsiders often see what they want to see. I did.

I understand now what was less obvious then. Cutler's unrelenting immaturity too often undermines his immense talent. And when he loses focus, he can lose teammates and games. That said, I still wouldn't trade a player the organization guaranteed $20 million who is still young enough to stop all those dreaded comparisons to Jeff George.

There's a difference in criticizing Cutler for his play of late and abandoning all hope that a gifted 27-year-old quarterback with no leadership skills to speak of can be rehabilitated.

Cutler doesn't need a trade to save his NFL life or the Bears from himself. He needs an intervention.

Admittedly, it may take Bill Cowher, Jim Harbaugh or Jeff Fisher — my early short list for potential Lovie Smith successors – to stage a successful one for Cutler. But if there's anybody in the organization interested in salvaging Cutler's final nine games this season, now would be a good time to deliver an urgent message that he must change.

If Cutler and his Cavallari attitude haven't noticed, this isn't going well.

Cutler has been sacked as many times in six games (27) as he was the entire 2007 season. A terrible offensive line and limited wide receivers give him a ready excuse. But his mechanics have deteriorated. He has developed sloppy habits and established bad trends. In 22 games with the Bears, Cutler has thrown four or more interceptions three times. He never did that in 37 starts with the Broncos.

He plays like someone who either hasn't been coached or is no longer willing to be. So coach him. Challenge him. Force greatness that is there.

Can you make a quarterback become a leader?

I have doubts Martz can. Martz has made a career out of designing ways to make quarterbacks pile up big numbers. What he has done mostly with Cutler is enlarge his ego. End the bro-mance. A struggling, self-destructive quarterback doesn't need to hear how brilliant he is. He needs to be threatened with his job if he throws four picks again.

The praise Martz lavishes on Cutler is as embarrassing as it is enabling.

If Martz strays from the run against the Bills' 32nd-ranked run defense and the lack of balance contributes to another loss, it will be time for the Bears to part company.

A smarter overall approach can save Martz's sagging reputation in Chicago.

And for all those ready to make an offseason deal, the same can be said for Cutler's career with the Bears.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-1104-haugh-bears-chicago--20101103,0,3350135.column

bronclvr
11-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Love it-

crush17
11-04-2010, 07:28 AM
But..... HE'S A PRO BOWLER!

Rabb
11-04-2010, 07:29 AM
the Bears desperately need draft picks, which Cutler could bring in return

he suuuuuure does

:yayaya:

Beantown Bronco
11-04-2010, 07:38 AM
And if the Bears undergo a regime change that likely will occur if they miss the playoffs again, the next GM easily could view Cutler as a toxic influence who killed two coaching tenures.

say it......say it.

jhns
11-04-2010, 07:43 AM
The article is accurate. A kid QB still needs coached no matter how much talent he has.

I am sure glad he is gone though. We could never have gotten to where we are with a QB like Cutler!

ColoradoDarin
11-04-2010, 07:45 AM
bwhwhahahahaha

Rabb
11-04-2010, 07:48 AM
Also

I understand now what was less obvious then. Cutler's unrelenting immaturity too often undermines his immense talent. And when he loses focus, he can lose teammates and games.

how was that less obvious then?

Killericon
11-04-2010, 07:51 AM
**** yeah!

LonghornBronco
11-04-2010, 08:00 AM
I think McD could have done wonders for this kid, but I guess that's what the problem was, he was not willing to hear that his game had flaws and needed to improve.

bronco militia
11-04-2010, 08:06 AM
I think McD could have done wonders for this kid, but I guess that's what the problem was, he was not willing to hear that his game had flaws and needed to improve.

I was hoping the organization would have forced to him to play for Mcdummy. But no, this organization lets you do whatever you want.

anyway, **** you jay for not wanting to play in Denver

Popps
11-04-2010, 08:08 AM
"Franchise."

Borks147
11-04-2010, 08:40 AM
"Franchise."

Frownchise?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Frownchise?

I like yours.

BroncoDoug
11-04-2010, 09:14 AM
But..... HE'S A PRO BOWLER!

The same pro bowl Derek Anderson was in!!

Popps
11-04-2010, 09:20 AM
The same pro bowl Derek Anderson was in!!

:rofl:

I can't stand Rivers, but the league owes him an official apology that year for sticking Cutler in over him. What a joke.

Br0nc0Buster
11-04-2010, 09:20 AM
I dont think this writer understands the full consequences of his actions

if he keeps picking on Jay he should expect a visit from his dad any day now

and that is when you know Jay is extra frowny

WABronco
11-04-2010, 09:21 AM
Once those vultures start circling....ooohhh boy. Poor guy.

Mile High Shack
11-04-2010, 09:23 AM
who the hell is this Cutler dude?

tsiguy96
11-04-2010, 09:27 AM

I can't stand Rivers, but the league owes him an official apology that year for sticking Cutler in over him. What a joke.

and cutler threw a pick to end that game, and the AFCs chance to win.

bronco militia
11-04-2010, 09:32 AM
and cutler threw a pick to end that game, and the AFCs chance to win.

um no one cares who wins

brandon marshall dropped a wide open TD....

Traveler
11-04-2010, 09:41 AM
I've seen McDaniels verbally dressing down Orton on the sideline a couple of times these last two years. Orton takes it in srtide because he understands the HC is trying to make him a better player.

Anyone think our former QB could handle same type of criticism from Josh during a game without getting all emo?

Would have been nice to see if McDaniels & Cutler could have worked out.

Mile High Shack
11-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Who cares about Cutler, this dude is still my 2nd fav Bronco QB

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Ex-NFL-QB-Jake-Plummer-is-playing-a-new-sport-th?urn=nfl-282499

Drek
11-04-2010, 09:46 AM
I was hoping the organization would have forced to him to play for Mcdummy. But no, this organization lets you do whatever you want.

anyway, **** you jay for not wanting to play in Denver

I don't see it as the organization needing to force players to do whatever they want. When you directly disrespect the organization and its owner there really is only one way to handle that.

This isn't indentured servitude, no matter what the contracts might actually say. If someone really doesn't want to be part of an organization anymore its better for the team to just make it happen.

The sad thing is that this all came about because Cutler and Bus Cook wanted to get paid two years early. If Cutler had stayed and worked with McDaniels he'd likely have gone to his second straight pro-bowl in 2009 and would've gotten a real fat extension. He and Cook couldn't wait so they ginned up controversy to make something happen.

~Crash~
11-04-2010, 09:52 AM
this thread is so full of failure I cannot even read it . Safe to say noone is were I am at with this and that the Coach should have players he wants to coach.

Popps
11-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Anyone here ever date a girl briefly, only to have your instincts tell you to get out of dodge quickly... and then later, you found out just what a train-wreck you avoided?

Rabb
11-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Anyone here ever date a girl briefly, only to have your instincts tell you to get out of dodge quickly... and then later, you found out just what a train-wreck you avoided?

sorry Bob

Gort
11-04-2010, 10:06 AM

i wonder why fans give Frown Cannon such a generous benefit of the doubt. all of his pouting before being shipped off to Chicago wasn't because his new coaches were trying to change his throwing motion, or change his style of play, or anything like that...

it was much more petulant. he wanted to be a a player with special privileges above and beyond any of his teammates. he did not want to be traded without his permission. he wanted to be asked in advance for permission and he wanted to OK any possible trade.

McD rightfully said "no can do". so Frown Cannon got his panties in a twist, put his house on the market, gave his dad his playbook, and refused to answer cellphone calls or texts from the Broncos or Bowlen. Bowlen had enough of this insolence and made the decision to get rid of him. up until that day, i truly believe McD was hoping and expecting to be able to work out the problem and have Frown Cannon as his QB.

Frown Cannon really is a little emo prima dona. good riddance!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-04-2010, 10:08 AM
i wonder why fans give Frown Cannon such a generous benefit of the doubt. all of his pouting before being shipped off to Chicago wasn't because his new coaches were trying to change his throwing motion, or change his style of play, or anything like that...

it was much more petulant. he wanted to be a a player with special privileges above and beyond any of his teammates. he did not want to be traded without his permission. he wanted to be asked in advance for permission and he wanted to OK any possible trade.

McD rightfully said "no can do". so Frown Cannon got his panties in a twist, put his house on the market, gave his dad his playbook, and refused to answer cellphone calls or texts from the Broncos or Bowlen. Bowlen had enough of this insolence and made the decision to get rid of him. up until that day, i truly believe McD was hoping and expecting to be able to work out the problem and have Frown Cannon as his QB.

Frown Cannon really is a little emo prima dona. good riddance!

This. All of this. Exactly right.

I'm glad he's gone.

And the ex-girlfriend reference is very relevant. I'd say that's exactly what it's like. Realizing you dodged a huge bullet is a great feeling. Wish we'd done a bit more with the picks, but that's another conversation for another day.

Beantown Bronco
11-04-2010, 10:13 AM

Or started a thread about it on the Mane, decided to go against all that good advice I was given, showed said girl the thread, and proceeded to move in with her to Myrtle Beach anyway....

Gort
11-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Or started a thread about it on the Mane, decided to go against all that good advice I was given, showed said girl the thread, and proceeded to move in with her to Myrtle Beach anyway....

what happened to that guy? i vaguely recall somebody asking for advice and being told NOT to try and rescue that girl, but i never saw anything else on here about what happened.

also, did watermock leave the site? he used to post every few minutes. i haven't seen a post from him in weeks or months. his post about the demise of his disposable lighter name Jake was HOF worthy IIRC.

bloodsunday
11-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Also

how was that less obvious then?

Because he clearly doesn't watch football outside the state of Illinois.

Jetmeck
11-04-2010, 02:09 PM
"Consequences if potential doesn't get results "

Are we talking Cutler or McDummy because it applies to both of them !
However I should say potential for McD is questionable at best at this point !

Los Broncos
11-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Yay another Cutler thread.

Los Broncos
11-04-2010, 02:40 PM

Hilarious!

Archer81
11-04-2010, 03:12 PM

Considering the article is about Cutler, I am going to jump to conclusions and assume its about the Frown Cannon Mark II.

:Broncos:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-04-2010, 03:13 PM

Nobody cares what you think.

Repeating yourself doesn't change this.

Broncos4tw
11-04-2010, 03:37 PM
To be fair to Cutler, their system sucks - he is getting pulverized. I think he has like, 27 sacks on him now, by far the most in the NFL. And he IS fairly mobile, we know this. But being forced to stay in his HCs system.. he is suffering greatly.

They are not using Cutler as they should. It's similar to how Elway suffered under Reeves for years. Run-run-pass.. for three quarters.. come the fourth quarter, it was "Ok.. save us now!" Their system does not favor the QB they have. I think he could do a LOT better than he is. With that many sacks, you also know he is getting hit and pressured a lot.. and this causes turnovers.

FireFly
11-04-2010, 05:20 PM

This is what I honestly belive as well.

rbackfactory80
11-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Cutler is so entitled. He feels he should receive all the greatness without doing the work. Truth of the matter is he didn't win that much in college and if he got drafted in later rounds maybe he would of had the hunger he so desperately needed to succeed.

HILife
11-04-2010, 05:51 PM
With good humor Wednesday at Halas Hall, Jay Cutler responded to whether Mike Shanahan's 2-minute offense was more strenuous than most. Cutler played three seasons for Shanahan with the Broncos so naturally he could compare.

"I don't know,'' Cutler said with an actual smile. "You have to ask Donovan (McNabb) if they've changed it from whenever I had it. When I had it, I didn't think it was the most physically exerting thing.''

For Cutler, a stab at humor represents a 2010 breakthrough. Light-heartedness beats light-headedness any day.

The subject came up because Shanahan made the silly claim he inserted Rex Grossman for McNabb, the Redskins quarterback, with 1 minute, 50 seconds left in Sunday's game in part because of McNabb's conditioning.

Register and receive free newsletters and alerts >>

But I suppose the better question to Cutler, the one unspoken but apparently obvious to Bears fans based on my inbox, is whether he wants to execute Shanahan's 2-minute drill again as early as next season.

Now is not the appropriate time for Cutler to address any possible reunion with Shanahan in Washington, but the idea that so much conversation in Chicago even would broach such trade folly 22 games into Cutler's Bears tenure indicates how quickly this supposed franchise quarterback has worn out his welcome to many.

I get the hypothetical. I know hometown darling McNabb, the anti-Cutler in terms of charisma, becomes a free agent in 2011 and the Bears desperately need draft picks, which Cutler could bring in return.

But slow down. Consider any trade would put the Bears back in the spot of looking for a young quarterback to develop skills Cutler already possesses. Remember any typical football guy inheriting the Bears roster will look at Cutler's ability to do things only a handful of quarterbacks can do and believe he can be fixed. On film, Cutler's skills can be seductive and his flaws easier to accept.

That's what made trading for Cutler so exciting. Outsiders often see what they want to see. I did.

I understand now what was less obvious then. Cutler's unrelenting immaturity too often undermines his immense talent. And when he loses focus, he can lose teammates and games. That said, I still wouldn't trade a player the organization guaranteed $20 million who is still young enough to stop all those dreaded comparisons to Jeff George.

There's a difference in criticizing Cutler for his play of late and abandoning all hope that a gifted 27-year-old quarterback with no leadership skills to speak of can be rehabilitated.

Cutler doesn't need a trade to save his NFL life or the Bears from himself. He needs an intervention.

Admittedly, it may take Bill Cowher, Jim Harbaugh or Jeff Fisher my early short list for potential Lovie Smith successors to stage a successful one for Cutler. But if there's anybody in the organization interested in salvaging Cutler's final nine games this season, now would be a good time to deliver an urgent message that he must change.

If Cutler and his Cavallari attitude haven't noticed, this isn't going well.

Cutler has been sacked as many times in six games (27) as he was the entire 2007 season. A terrible offensive line and limited wide receivers give him a ready excuse. But his mechanics have deteriorated. He has developed sloppy habits and established bad trends. In 22 games with the Bears, Cutler has thrown four or more interceptions three times. He never did that in 37 starts with the Broncos.

He plays like someone who either hasn't been coached or is no longer willing to be. So coach him. Challenge him. Force greatness that is there.

Can you make a quarterback become a leader?

I have doubts Martz can. Martz has made a career out of designing ways to make quarterbacks pile up big numbers. What he has done mostly with Cutler is enlarge his ego. End the bro-mance. A struggling, self-destructive quarterback doesn't need to hear how brilliant he is. He needs to be threatened with his job if he throws four picks again.

The praise Martz lavishes on Cutler is as embarrassing as it is enabling.

If Martz strays from the run against the Bills' 32nd-ranked run defense and the lack of balance contributes to another loss, it will be time for the Bears to part company.

A smarter overall approach can save Martz's sagging reputation in Chicago.

And for all those ready to make an offseason deal, the same can be said for Cutler's career with the Bears.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-1104-haugh-bears-chicago--20101103,0,3350135.column

OMG They will not stop talking about this, in this area. It's none stop talk about Shanny's questionable desicion and why he or Kyle do it, are they in trouble with Synder and bla bla bla. I have to listen to this for two weeks!!! Why did they have to do this just before the bye. IT. NEVER. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEnnnnnNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDS!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

baja
11-04-2010, 08:41 PM
say it......say it.

I told ya so ;D

Jetmeck
11-05-2010, 04:38 AM
Nobody cares what you think.

Repeating yourself doesn't change this.

You must care jagoff ? Truth piss you off ?
Blind ass MCd HOMER.

Jetmeck
11-05-2010, 04:42 AM
To be fair to Cutler, their system sucks - he is getting pulverized. I think he has like, 27 sacks on him now, by far the most in the NFL. And he IS fairly mobile, we know this. But being forced to stay in his HCs system.. he is suffering greatly.

They are not using Cutler as they should. It's similar to how Elway suffered under Reeves for years. Run-run-pass.. for three quarters.. come the fourth quarter, it was "Ok.. save us now!" Their system does not favor the QB they have. I think he could do a LOT better than he is. With that many sacks, you also know he is getting hit and pressured a lot.. and this causes turnovers.

But, BUT...WAIT cUTLER SUCKS IN cHICAGO so this justifies McDummy trading him even tho obviously the O-line there is trash and he has no good receivers.

Oh well the McD supporters will grasp at anything even illogical lack of common sense things......

vancejohnson82
11-05-2010, 09:39 AM
But, BUT...WAIT cUTLER SUCKS IN cHICAGO so this justifies McDummy trading him even tho obviously the O-line there is trash and he has no good receivers.

Oh well the McD supporters will grasp at anything even illogical lack of common sense things......

jesus....i actually enjoyed reading the posts on the first page of this thread...then, in a completely irrelevant way once again, one of the McD pitchfork crew comes in and takes it completely off topic.

this place sucks

Eldorado
11-05-2010, 10:00 AM
I told ya so ;D

I think he was looking for:

'coach killer'.

I could be wrong, though. :wiggle:

Hulamau
11-05-2010, 10:08 AM
A rare find , clarity and common sense in a sports reporter!

baja
11-05-2010, 10:10 AM
I think he was looking for:

'coach killer'.

I could be wrong, though. :wiggle:

I know, I'm the one that started the 'Is Cutler a coach killer" thread way back when. That's why I said "I told ya so"

Matter of a fact I'm gonna bump that thread.

Hulamau
11-05-2010, 10:12 AM

And thats a damn site better outcome than NOT listening to your instincts and going over the falls on a joy ride from HELL! :twokisses

baja
11-05-2010, 10:18 AM
And thats a damn site better outcome than NOT listening to your instincts and going over the falls on a joy ride from HELL! :twokisses

I notice you put that kiss smiley in a lot of your posts. Are you free this Friday night? ;D

Mogulseeker
11-05-2010, 10:39 AM

Do one night stands, followed by a slew of facebook messages count?

baja
11-05-2010, 10:40 AM
I have come to understand Facebook is a recipe for disaster.

bronco militia
11-05-2010, 10:49 AM
I have come to understand Facebook is a recipe for disaster.

uhhh yeah...it's also a data mine for the worlds intelligence community

broncocalijohn
11-05-2010, 10:51 AM

Or voters putting in Favre. Horrible. But Cutler did show us what he was made of at his only Pro Bowl appearance.... God Awful!

broncocalijohn
11-05-2010, 10:53 AM

we need that update right about now or he is too embarrassed to even talk about it.

bendog
11-05-2010, 11:29 AM
I don't really care about Cutler beyond the fact that the only time Mike Martz's system actually got a team into the playoffs (and superbowl) he had the 2nd best offensive tackle to play since Munoz on the left side. (aplogies to zim, but the best was willie roaf). Cutler made his situation, and he can take the hits; I don't really care. His mechanics are awful because he throws of his back foot as he backpedels. I'd say he was an idiot for wanting out of McDaniels situation, but McDaniels wanted Cassel, and that ought to tell people something about "our" coach.

vancejohnson82
11-05-2010, 11:38 AM
I don't really care about Cutler beyond the fact that the only time Mike Martz's system actually got a team into the playoffs (and superbowl) he had the 2nd best offensive tackle to play since Munoz on the left side. (aplogies to zim, but the best was willie roaf). Cutler made his situation, and he can take the hits; I don't really care. His mechanics are awful because he throws of his back foot as he backpedels. I'd say he was an idiot for wanting out of McDaniels situation, but McDaniels wanted Cassel, and that ought to tell people something about "our" coach.

Cassel is on a first place team right now....just sayin

bendog
11-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Den is a really bad football team. the chorfs have good defense and the best rushing attack in the league.

baja
11-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Den is a really bad football team. the chorfs have good defense and the best rushing attack in the league.

Another poster turned into a broken record

Archer81
11-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Another poster turned into a broken record

Its kind of frightening to see.

bendog
11-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Its kind of frightening to see.

hey, get good or get gone. Alex gibbs. btw, that used to be the team's attitude, now it's lets suck.

baja
11-05-2010, 01:00 PM
hey, get good or get gone. Alex gibbs. btw, that used to be the team's attitude, <b>now it's lets suck.

No that's your attitude.

bendog
11-05-2010, 01:02 PM
hey, you're the one washing McDaniels junk, not me.

Archer81
11-05-2010, 01:03 PM
hey, get good or get gone. Alex gibbs. btw, that used to be the team's attitude, now it's lets suck.

You keep proving my broncos fans are spoiled theory.

Not everything works out all the time. Patience and faith are important here.

baja
11-05-2010, 01:04 PM

I think you came back for the sole purpose to stir shiit up. I know you do not think very highly of the posters here, you've said so many time on another board. Don't take this wrong but why are you here?

You know I've always liked you and had your back with the Patch stuff but this new you not so much.

bendog
11-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Right, now let's make it personal, baja. Stick to your method.

Look, I'll make it simple for you. If you think the purpose of this orginaztion today is STILL to put out the most highly talented and competent NFL product it can without regard to cost, so long as it can avoid cap violations that are caught, and without endangering the longterm financial stabilty of the organization, so that the people who PAY FoR the product get the best available product for their money you are: a. stupid, b. deluded or c. under the influence of something.

Atwater 27
11-05-2010, 01:20 PM
LMAO at this thread. The Broncos are in the toilet so let's pile on Cutler now.

tsiguy96
11-05-2010, 01:21 PM
LMAO at this thread. The Broncos are in the toilet so let's pile on Cutler now.

weve been piling on cutler for well over a year. but then again, we are just a 6.

Atwater 27
11-05-2010, 01:22 PM
weve been piling on cutler for well over a year. but then again, we are just a 6.

Meanwhile Cutty has a better record than us.

Kaylore
11-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Frownchise?

You win.

tsiguy96
11-05-2010, 01:28 PM

he didnt start in the win against carolina, and is still among the leagues laughingstocks at QB.

Beantown Bronco
11-05-2010, 02:09 PM

That's what happens when you have a ridiculously good defense that can overcome 5 turnovers from the QB position in one game. Our's can't overcome one freaking turnover.

Atwater 27
11-05-2010, 02:59 PM
I totally see your point. Cutler sucks.
Here's my point. We suck. i guess if it makes you feel better, take it out on Cutler.

bendog
11-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Here's my point. We suck. i guess if it makes you feel better, take it out on Cutler.

imo the cutlett/neckbeard comparisons are so lame and ... frankly stupid considereing the coaching and team factors in play, and I really don't dislike either player and actually think Orton could win games in the right situation.

But since you seem to be reasonable, i'll take a chance and hypothsize that Orton actually might be better suited to Martz than Cutler, and considering Cutler forced the trade after Bowlenand/orMcDaniels initial attempts to trade him, I find that amusingly ironic.

baja
11-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Here's my point. We suck. <b> i guess if it makes you feel better, take it out on Cutler.

I can't speak for anyone else but for me it helps. ;D

Atwater 27
11-05-2010, 04:37 PM
imo the cutlett/neckbeard comparisons are so lame and ... frankly stupid considereing the coaching and team factors in play, and I really don't dislike either player and actually think Orton could win games in the right situation.

But since you seem to be reasonable, i'll take a chance and hypothsize that Orton actually might be better suited to Martz than Cutler, and considering Cutler forced the trade after Bowlenand/orMcDaniels initial attempts to trade him, I find that amusingly ironic.

agreed

tsiguy96
11-05-2010, 04:56 PM

even if we were great, id still make fun of cutler for sucking.

Boogerboots
11-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Jeff George

Beantown Bronco
11-06-2010, 05:33 AM
I really don't dislike either player and actually think Orton could win games in the right situation.

Way to go out on a limb, considering that's exactly what he did in Chicago.

gunns
11-06-2010, 06:32 AM
Who cares about Cutler, this dude is still my 2nd fav Bronco QB

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Ex-NFL-QB-Jake-Plummer-is-playing-a-new-sport-th?urn=nfl-282499

This is my 2nd fav Bronco QB

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnCh02.htm

The Broncos began their winning ways.