PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news!! Titans put in claim for Randy Moss

bronco militia
11-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Report: Titans put in claim for Randy Moss

Posted by Mike Florio on November 3, 2010 3:29 PM ET

Any team sitting at No. 23 or lower on the waiver priority list can fuhgetabout getting Randy Moss.

According to Don Banks of SI.com, the Titans have submitted a claim for Moss' contract. Since they are No. 22 on the list, they trump the 10 teams beneath them on the list.

The Titans will get Moss only if none of the 21 teams ahead of Tennessee put in a claim.

In 1998, Moss was the 21st pick in the first round of the draft. It'll be interesting to see if he carries the same chip on his shoulder this time around as to anyone who doesn't claim him.

Popps
11-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Wow... somewhat surprising.

tsiguy96
11-03-2010, 02:04 PM
so much for holding on to kenny britt in fantasy

HILife
11-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Is this BREAKING NEWS?? Oh, wait.

Smiling Assassin27
11-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Nah, with Kenny Britt on the shelf, possibly for a long time, it makes sense. I think Fisher would be an appealing coach to play for, if I'm Moss. The question is what will Moss bring to the table, a lazy and nonchalant attitude, or a fire (if he even has that inside him at all anymore).

_Oro_
11-03-2010, 02:13 PM
I was hoping to open this thread and see that we cut Jarvis Moss a** finally.

Garcia Bronco
11-03-2010, 02:20 PM
For some reason I thought we were talking about Jarvis

Smiling Assassin27
11-03-2010, 02:21 PM

Wishful thinking! :rofl:

DomCasual
11-03-2010, 02:26 PM
The Titans are crazy. I wouldn't touch that guy.

OBF1
11-03-2010, 02:29 PM
****BREAKING UPDATE****

Email Print Comments86 ESPN.com news services

The Tennessee Titans have claimed former Minnesota Vikings recevier Randy Moss, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

If Moss does not report to the Titans, Tennessee will send him a "5-day" letter and at the end of that five days, they have the right to put him on the Reserve/Left Squad list. He would be out for the remainder of the season once the club takes that action. Moss' status for next year would be determined by terms of the new collective bargaining agreement

Popps
11-03-2010, 02:30 PM

Once again, why have I not read the news of his release?

They'd better just be waiting for the work week to resume.

bronco militia
11-03-2010, 02:30 PM
The Titans are crazy. I wouldn't touch that guy.

crazy is benching your veteran QB in the last two minutes of a game, followed by working out Jamarcus Russel the next day

OBF1
11-03-2010, 02:33 PM
crazy is benching your veteran QB in the last two minutes of a game, followed by working out Jamarcus Russel the next day

How dare you question the motives of the "Mastermind" :notworthy

HILife
11-03-2010, 02:33 PM

same

bronco militia
11-03-2010, 02:35 PM
same

fixed!! LOL

DomCasual
11-03-2010, 02:39 PM

Yeah, but it's not like he has an exclusive on crazy.

cousinal11
11-03-2010, 02:39 PM
No more 8-9 men in the box to slow down Chris Johnson.

Gort
11-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Moss has always been a problem teammate. i don't know if it's because he smokes too much pot and has lost interest (ala Ricky Williams), or because he's just a jerk (ala Keyshawn, TO, Jeff George, etc.), but this article shows a little bit of insight into why his act in Minnesota (the 2nd time around) wore thin so quickly.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vikings-embattledchildress

Moss first raised some eyebrows in the Vikings locker room last Friday when he berated a caterer who brought in food for the team after practice.

"I wouldn't do it," Brett Favre(notes) said. "I was sitting in my locker eating the food. I thought it was pretty good."

bronco militia
11-03-2010, 03:35 PM
As is the team’s custom on Fridays, a local food establishment was invited to the training facility to serve a catered, post-practice meal in the locker room. In this case, a St. Paul restaurant that is a favorite of former Vikings center Matt Birk(notes). As the proprietors helped serve chicken, ribs, pasta and other dishes to Vikings players, Moss paced up and down the serving line and loudly expressed his displeasure with the offerings.

According to one player who witnessed the scene, Moss yelled, “What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn’t feed this to my dog!”

Said the witness: “It was brutal. The truth is, he deserved to be cut after that. It was such an uncomfortable moment. You know that feeling where you just can tell someone feels so small? That’s what it was like being there.

“This wasn’t a chain – it was a mom-and-pop restaurant, and you could tell it was their best stuff. They had a special carving station set up, and there were players and other support staff lining up to eat it. And [Moss] is at his locker saying, ‘You know, I used to have to eat that crap – but now I’ve got money.’ You just felt so sad for them. I had never seen anyone treated like that.

“And by the way, the food was actually really good.”

SouthStndJunkie
11-03-2010, 04:54 PM
I used to like Randy Moss and would defend him, but I lost a lot of respect for him when I heard how he berated that caterer and that it's not the first time something like that has happened.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-03-2010, 07:03 PM
The Titans are going to be sick.

Kenny Britt, Randy Moss, Chris Johnson, Bo Scaife.

Yikes.

UberBroncoMan
11-03-2010, 07:11 PM
I bet the Chiefs put a claim in too.