PDA

View Full Version : I love Shanny and all , But bringing in JaMarcus Russell for a workout. Really ???

TDmvp
11-02-2010, 08:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5755858

ASHBURN, Va. -- On Day 3 of the Washington Redskins' attempt to explain the benching of Donovan McNabb, the head coach's son gave it a try. He was doing a decent job -- until he threw in a new wrinkle that only added to the confusion.

Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan said Tuesday that McNabb was told in advance of the possibility of getting pulled from the game if coaches felt the veteran quarterback was struggling.

McNabb went on the radio and immediately claimed otherwise, saying: "I didn't hear that part."

And, by the way, this just happened to be the day the Redskins decided to bring in JaMarcus Russell for a workout. The former Oakland Raiders quarterback was one of many out-of-work players getting a look from the coaching staff.

broncogary
11-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Maybe they're looking at him in as a replacement for Haynesworth.

loborugger
11-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Why does this surprise anyone. Shanny is always, always, always willing to give someone a 2nd chance.

OBF1
11-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Dale Carter???

Shanny has lost his mind..... And NO, I do not miss him. Jamarcus Freekin Russell?

baja
11-02-2010, 09:39 PM
He's reaching for the brass ring that has "Mastermind" inscribed on it.

In a Crackerjack Box.

briane
11-02-2010, 09:58 PM
yeah, remember Daryl Gardener.....

cutthemdown
11-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Jamarcus has some talent if he could get it together. At some point it will make sense to bring him in for a looksie. Mid year though it doesn't make sense because he can't play right now.

OBF1
11-03-2010, 02:57 AM
Jamarcus has some talent if he could get it together. At some point it will make sense to bring him in for a looksie. Mid year though it doesn't make sense because he can't play right now.

Serious... Shanny called McNabb fat and out of shape then brings in this tub of goo, Washington can have shanny for life.

Jetmeck
11-03-2010, 05:16 AM
He is just pushing McNabb's buttons !!!!

barryr
11-03-2010, 06:32 AM
So McNabb is out of shape and worth benching late in a close game and he then brings this guy in? Makes no sense. What is Shanahan's new story today? "Doesn't know 2 minute offense well enough", "isn't in good enough shape."

jhns
11-03-2010, 07:05 AM
He brought in a player for a look and it is this big of a deal to some of you? Let's say this again, he brought in a player for a look. Is that equal to starting a player now? Is he a crap coach if he brings in a QB to be 3rd string? Are you expecting him to get Elway as a third stringer?

I don't get it.

You guys do realize he has already improved that team, right? You do realize that he has a top 5 pick team from last season playing better than this team, right? I would say it is pretty dumb to question him at this point.

Mountain Bronco
11-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Look, JHNS Shanny has done all of the crap that you bang on McD for. He alienated his star player, made terrible personell decisions (McNabb is aweful) the throws said QB under the bus etc....

Shanny was overrated in Denver not so much for his X and O's, but his personell skills and evaluations were always suspect. The Redskins are not a quality team and have as many issues as the Broncos do right now.

jhns
11-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Look, JHNS Shanny has done all of the crap that you bang on McD for. He alienated his star player, made terrible personell decisions (McNabb is aweful) the throws said QB under the bus etc....

Shanny was overrated in Denver not so much for his X and O's, but his personell skills and evaluations were always suspect. The Redskins are not a quality team and have as many issues as the Broncos do right now.

They were a top 5 pick team last season. Of course they have issues. Again, Shanahan has done nothing but improve the team.

Your crap about him doing the same thing is just laughable. To settle that without argument, was his star player kicked off the team before he ever gave it a shot? Seeing as how he is still on the team, I would say no... This is leaving out the huge difference in what the players problems are.

As I have said many a times, there is no way anyone could have a problem with McDaniels if his moves improved the team. I feel the same way about Shanahan. It is pretty dumb to talk about his moves being bad ones as the team is getting better....

serious hops
11-03-2010, 12:24 PM
How can this surprise any Broncos fan? Shanahan loves nothing more than tweaking Al Davis, he's just kicking the tires to see if there's any chance he can give the Cryptkeeper another public middle finger by turning Russell into a productive player.

missingnumber7
11-03-2010, 12:42 PM
How about Rice?

Caveat Lector
11-03-2010, 01:16 PM
I don't see why this surprises anyone. JaCarcus looked like a HOF QB whenever he faced Shanny... ROFL!

Tombstone RJ
11-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Heck, why not Steve Young? Just because Young said no to Shanny and the Broncos does not mean he won't give Shanny and the Skins a try...

strafen
11-03-2010, 01:30 PM
I don't see why this surprises anyone. JaCarcus looked like a HOF QB whenever he faced Shanny... ROFL!Do you mean like last year?
He beat us last year at home under McDaniels, did he not?
I thought I'd straighten you out on that one.
Nice try though. Maybe we should try him out here as well...

Jetmeck
11-03-2010, 02:52 PM
as i have said many a times, there is no way anyone could have a problem with mcdaniels if his moves improved the team. I feel the same way about shanahan. It is pretty dumb to talk about his moves being bad ones as the team is getting better....

outstanding post !

bombay
11-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Shanny and Kyle playing the nepotism game with Kyle's BFF Rex Grossman reminds me of D2 Danny and his little boy.

Los Broncos
11-03-2010, 03:49 PM
What did he comes in at, 380?

elsid13
11-03-2010, 04:02 PM
They also brought in 19 other players (including JP Losman) for a look on their bye week. A common practice for all teams, but asssore Florio wanted to make big deal about because of his hatred of Shanny.

Boobs McGee
11-03-2010, 04:08 PM
I honestly think Russel's gonna come back at some point and tear the league up. Just needs some motivation and actual coaching, and he could be pretty damn good.

Yes, he's fat and lazy, but those things can be changed. His inconsistency with those short/intermediate passes that plagued him with the faid were because he wasn't utilizing his tools properly. I personally think it all stems from jumping the gun and coming to the NFL a year early. That guy was a multi-tooled athlete throughout his life, and he just said eff college and went for the money. First overall, giant contract, ****ty team, ****tier coaches, horrible atmosphere....he just got off to a bad start I think once a knowledgeable, respectable coach breaks through with him, and uses him "properly", he's a large mobile qb with some potential.

I know i know, jafatass and all that. I just saw glimpses of something that COULD be extremely dangerous. and i'm not talking about a buffet line.

I actually HOPE he comes back and tears **** up, if not for the simple pleasure of watching Al Davis's old scraggly balls wither a bit more due to another giant fuggup

Hogan11
11-03-2010, 04:13 PM
How about Rice?

I think that low point has now been surpassed by this move.

If he's reaching this bad, he should reach into the UFL's group of ex-NFL QB's, I mean...at least Garcia & Culpepper are playing right now.

HAT
11-03-2010, 04:17 PM
You guys do realize he has already improved that team, right?

By what metric?

strafen
11-03-2010, 04:29 PM
By what metric?By record.
They finished last season 4-12
They're 4-4 right now

Merlin
11-03-2010, 04:32 PM
By what metric?
They have a better record, have played far better, having beaten much better teams, are better coached...kind of unlike Denver which is a far worse team.

Merlin
11-03-2010, 04:37 PM
How can this surprise any Broncos fan? Shanahan loves nothing more than tweaking Al Davis, he's just kicking the tires to see if there's any chance he can give the Cryptkeeper another public middle finger by turning Russell into a productive player.
I actually thought that he was trying to push McN's buttons, but this has so much more truth to it...Shanny would love to develop JM into a good QB. Get McN to get his house in order, play for a couple of yrs and coach JM up, and then...JM the QB. The man leaves the Cryptkeeper's conference yet he could still torment the Cryptkeeper on a weekly basis.

HAT
11-03-2010, 04:38 PM
They have a better record, have played far better, having beaten much better teams, are better coached...kind of unlike Denver which is a far worse team.

Oh, so they still have more games to play and can possibly win some of those games. Interesting. By that logic Denver can finish 10-6. :strong:

Funny how you clowns talk out of both sides of your mouths.

Merlin
11-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Funny how you clowns talk out of both sides of your mouths.
Us clowns??? Is in it ironic when your own logic destroys any semblance of credibility you may have had.
What is more likely, Shanny's team winning one more game this season, or Denver wining 5 more? Even if one were to concede for the sake of argument that McD can magically turn his teams performance dramatically around from the past 18 games and go 5-3, he still finish worse than last yr, but we are the clowns when we suggest that Shanny has improved the Redskins when all he has to do is win one more game this season.

Nicely done a$$hat.

baja
11-03-2010, 05:18 PM
outstanding post !

You know you're mental health is in question when you get a "outstanding post" comment from Jetmeck

NYBronco
11-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Maurice Clarrett next?

Dedhed
11-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Wait, what was Denver's record with Shanahan during his last year? And what was it during McDaniels' first year? While rebuilding a pitiful roster?

Dedhed
11-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Shanahan apparently thought that after publicly criticizing the fitness of his QB, the logical thing to do was go out and get the physical specimen that is Ja fat man Russel. Makes sense doesn't it?

strafen
11-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Wait, what was Denver's record with Shanahan during his last year? And what was it during McDaniels' first year? While rebuilding a pitiful roster?That was then, this is now. 2-6 stinks!

Dedhed
11-03-2010, 08:49 PM
That was then, this is now. 2-6 stinks!
So does 4-4, and pinning your franchise to Rex Grossman. That's DESPERATE.

Shanahan inherited a far more talented team in DC than the debacle he left in Denver.

strafen
11-03-2010, 08:56 PM

Shanahan inherited a far more talented team in DC than the debacle he left in Denver.The 2-6 record is who we are.
Why do you want to keep defending that?

TDmvp
11-03-2010, 09:00 PM

Shanahan inherited a far more talented team in DC than the debacle he left in Denver.

He inherited what most said was the least talented team in his division with 0 Qb and one of the worse wr corps in the sport ...

What he left here before Josh made the changes he made was far more talent at the skill positions then what the Skins had when he took over.

Try again ...

Dedhed
11-03-2010, 09:11 PM
He inherited what most said was the least talented team in his division with 0 Qb and one of the worse wr corps in the sport ...

What he left here before Josh made the changes he made was far more talent at the skill positions then what the Skins had when he took over.

Try again ...Whatever. All that is conjecture anyway. What isn't conjecture is that anyone defending putting in Grossman or bringing in Russel is just an off the charts Shanahan homer.

strafen
11-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Whatever. All that is conjecture anyway. What isn't conjecture is that anyone defending putting in Grossman or bringing in Russel is just an off the charts Shanahan homer.

Why that hate for Shanahan.
The guy you should be pissed off at is McDaniels, NOT Shanahan.

The best coaches you should be comparing McDaniels to are:
Second year headcoaches; Rex Ryan, Raheem Morris, Spagnoulo, and Todd Haley.
See how they all fare in their second season against what McDaniels' done?
I'll be each one of them has their respective teams improved

Can't defend that, man...
It is what it is. We're 2-6 in worse shape we were last year...
It makes me mad, not sure about you...

Dedhed
11-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Why that hate for Shanahan.
The guy you should be pissed off at is McDaniels, NOT Shanahan.

The best coaches you should be comparing McDaniels to are:
Second year headcoaches; Rex Ryan, Raheem Morris, Spagnoulo, and Todd Haley.
See how they all fare in their second season against what McDaniels' done?
I'll be each one of them has their respective teams improved

Can't defend that, man...
It is what it is. We're 2-6 in worse shape we were last year...
It makes me mad, not sure about you...
Comparisons are stupid. Time will tell on McDaniels, and I'm willing to wait it out.

I guess I don't expect McDaniels to turn Shanny's Sh!t into gold in a year. I think the franchise is headed in a direction with far more upside than it was under Shanny, and I'm realistic about what rebuilding a franchise entails.

I find it funny that you list a group of coaches who coach teams that have been rebuilding for a decade and have a roster stacked with top 5 draft picks, but whine about McDaniels not having this franchise turned around in a single year.

strafen
11-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Comparisons are stupid. Time will tell on McDaniels, and I'm willing to wait it out.

I guess I don't expect McDaniels to turn Shanny's **** into gold in a year. I think the franchise is headed in a direction with far more upside than it was under Shanny, and I'm realistic about what rebuilding a franchise entails.

I find it funny that you list a group of coaches who coach teams that have been rebuilding for a decade and have a roster stacked with top 5 draft picks, but whine about McDaniels not having this franchise turned around in a single year. That's hilarious!
We're 2-6 NOT because we have no talent, and/or because we're rebuilding.
We're 2-6 because of poor decisions by McDaniels at all levels of the organization,
This one rests on Mcdaniels shoulders no matter how you slice it...

Caveat Lector
11-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Do you mean like last year?
He beat us last year at home under McDaniels, did he not?
I thought I'd straighten you out on that one.
Nice try though. Maybe we should try him out here as well...

No, I actually meant 2008, you know when JaCarcus had passer ratings against Shanny of 111 and 149 respectively.

Thought I'd straighten you out on that one, nice try though...

TDmvp
11-04-2010, 01:36 AM
Whatever. All that is conjecture anyway. What isn't conjecture is that anyone defending putting in Grossman or bringing in Russel is just an off the charts Shanahan homer.

/agree ...
Shanny is having a WTF week.

jhns
11-04-2010, 06:18 AM
Troll "fans" always try their hardest to rip apart Bronco greats. It's ok though. Everyone with a brain can see that a top 5 pick team is playing better than this team after a single offseason with Shanahan. They have improved over their previous season, unlike the Broncos. These are the facts. Sorry that they hurt some of your feelings. They don't exactly make me feel good. I am just strong enough to deal with the facts.

jhns
11-04-2010, 06:23 AM
They also brought in 19 other players (including JP Losman) for a look on their bye week. A common practice for all teams, but asssore Florio wanted to make big deal about because of his hatred of Shanny.

Don't try making sense when around all of these drama queen haters.

"He brought in a guy to look at as a possible 3rd stringer! He sucks! Real coaches bring in Elway to play 3rd string because that is what is out there at this time of year!"

At least they are good for comedy.

barryr
11-04-2010, 06:31 AM
Don't try making sense when around all of these drama queen haters.

"He brought in a guy to look at as a possible 3rd stringer! He sucks! Real coaches bring in Elway to play 3rd string because that is what is out there at this time of year!"

At least they are good for comedy.

Oh, so criticizing Shanahan is "hating" but criticizing McDaniels at all hours of the day like you is what? Showing love?

jhns
11-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Oh, so criticizing Shanahan is "hating" but criticizing McDaniels at all hours of the day like you is what? Showing love?

It is telling the truth and does not even come close to including a Bronco great. I know, I know, McDaniels has done a ton for this team. I don't know where we would be without him....

jhns
11-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Maybe I should learn to be a good fan like you guys. Here goes:

Elway is such a bad QB. If he wouldn't have retired when he did, Orton would be winning games. It is Elways fault that the greatest ever QB, Kyle Orton, is struggling whenever we need him in the 4th and in the red zone. You guys are just stupid because you can't see this!...

strafen
11-04-2010, 08:13 AM

I guess I don't expect McDaniels to turn Shanny's **** into gold in a year. I think the franchise is headed in a direction with far more upside than it was under Shanny, and I'm realistic about what rebuilding a franchise entails.

I find it funny that you list a group of coaches who coach teams that have been rebuilding for a decade and have a roster stacked with top 5 draft picks, but whine about McDaniels not having this franchise turned around in a single year.If memory serves me right...
Didn't we have like 4 first-rounders in the past two drafts?
What did we get?

jhns
11-04-2010, 08:31 AM
If memory serves me right...
Didn't we have like 4 first-rounders in the past two drafts?
What did we get?

He has used 5 firsts in two years. One was just used on a second rounder. The excuse of not having high first rounders is kind of lame. He traded the 11(I think, whatever the Bears pick was) and 14 from this year so that he could pick much later. I don't think McDaniels agrees that it takes top picks to rebuild. Then again, there is no real rationale way to back McDaniels. We should expect dumb arguments.