PDA

View Full Version : If You Had To Pick One, Which Ex/Near Bronco Do You Like To Complain About The Most?

RhymesayersDU
11-02-2010, 06:57 AM
The definitive poll: Your favorite player we could have/should have had.

Man-Goblin
11-02-2010, 07:00 AM
Ed Reed is the only one on there that is even remotely close to a hall of famer.

But Peyton Hillis did the mile high salute once. And he's an overall good guy and a spectacular human being.

Tough choice.

RhymesayersDU
11-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Well I agree Ed Reed is the best. That's easy.

But it seems that certain people really stick with certain guys. Right now half the board is bitching about Alphonso, for instance.

loborugger
11-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Tim Brown

colonelbeef
11-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Ed Reed is the only one on there that is even remotely close to a hall of famer.

But Peyton Hillis did the mile high salute once. And he's an overall good guy and a spectacular human being.

Tough choice.

I like Hillis and his trading was regrettable, but how in the world do you know what kind of a human being he is?

You guys know nothing about how any of these guys are in real life. Not Cutler, not Marshall, not Favre, not Manning, not Tony Dungy, not Hillis. It's all anecdotal, second hand, hyperbolic bull****.

~Crash~
11-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Carl Pickens

bowtown
11-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Wait a minute, are you trying to tell me that we could have had Ed Reed?

gunns
11-02-2010, 10:33 AM
It's well known I've complained about Ed Reed a lot. It's when I first began to question Shanahan, well I did question the Marcus Nash pick also. Right now though, I still don't understand the handling of Hillis by Shanahan or McD.

crush17
11-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Don't you have something better to talk about other than the topics that have already been beaten to death on this forum?

broncocalijohn
11-02-2010, 10:56 AM
I picked Hillis but I believe that has already been beaten to death. I dont notice 6 threads on him anymore. Also, why wasnt Cutler or Shanahan a choice? Smith might be the flavor of the week but at least most agree that he sucked here and tried only when he got traded.

Los Broncos
11-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Wait a minute, are you trying to tell me that we could have had Ed Reed?

From what I've heard, yes.

TheReverend
11-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Jay Cutler

HAT
11-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Ed Reed is so passe....It's 2010, get with the program!

""""ZOMG, We could've had EARL THOMAS!!!""""

baja
11-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Don't you have something better to talk about other than the topics that have already been beaten to death on this forum?

No not really.

bronco militia
11-02-2010, 11:18 AM
no cutler option?

baja
11-02-2010, 11:21 AM
no cutler option?
pole fail

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/200383938-001.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=F5B5107058D53DF586221DAFF913D1B15AAA70FF4A044A27 2B33A2F9845C2EE36529E79887609E4F

go_broncos
11-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Peyton Hillis..All our running issues would have been solved..
I miss him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Jay Cutler

This ^^^^

Trading up to select Jay Cutler was a terrible idea. I had a huge man-crush on Ngata that year. That is who Shanny should have gone after. We probably would have been back in the playoffs perennially with him on roster and Shanny would have probably not lost his job.

baja
11-02-2010, 11:36 AM
This ^^^^

Trading up to select Jay Cutler was a terrible idea. I had a huge man-crush on Ngata that year. That is who Shanny should have gone after. We probably would have been back in the playoffs perennially with him on roster and Shanny would have probably not lost his job.

Shanny told me after a few beers that Jeff Fisher never told him what a complete dick Cutler was. Shanny said he asked Fisher why he didn't tell him about that part of Jay Cutler and Fisher said you didn't ask me Mike all you wanted to know was his talent level.

Shanny drafted Cutler without ever even talking with him. Shanny's ego was so large at that time he thought if the rest of the league knew he was interested in Cutler he would have been taken #1 over all.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Shanny told me after a few beers that Jeff Fisher never told him what a complete dick Cutler was. Shanny said he asked Fisher why he didn't tell him about that part of Jay Cutler and Fisher said you didn't ask me Mike all you wanted to know was his talent level.

Shanny drafted Cutler without ever even talking with him. Shanny's ego was so large at that time he thought if the rest of the league knew he was interested in Cutler he would have been taken #1 over all.

You're kidding, right?

Archer81
11-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Peyton Hillis..All our running issues would have been solved..I miss him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA...

Oh my ribs...

:Broncos:

Archer81
11-02-2010, 11:40 AM
You're kidding, right?

He isnt.

He and Shanahan regularly do deep sea fishing in Baja.

HAT
11-02-2010, 11:44 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA...

Oh my ribs...

I think he's selling Hillis short....He said ALL of the RUNNING issues would be solved but clearly he meant all of the TEAM issues. 8-0 with Hillis.

HAT
11-02-2010, 11:45 AM

Be sure and ask him about the McNabb/Grossman/Jamarcus dust up when he comes down this off season Baja.

Inquiring minds want to know. :thumbs:

Kaylore
11-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Peyton Hillis..All our running issues would have been solved..
I miss him.
:spit: LOL

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:6wr2OPJv7OUCuM:http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules/My_eGallery/gallery/characters/denethor/Lady-ArwenDenethor.JPG&t=1

baja
11-02-2010, 11:49 AM
You're kidding, right?

Shanny has a place in Cabo we go fishing sometimes. ;D

baja
11-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Be sure and ask him about the McNabb/Grossman/Jamarcus dust up when he comes down this off season Baja.

Inquiring minds want to know. :thumbs:

Will do. ;D

baja
11-02-2010, 11:52 AM
I do know that Shanny always liked Grossman.

and he has little patience for QBs that will not bend to his will which may be the case with McNabb.

HAT
11-02-2010, 11:57 AM
I do know that Shanny always liked Grossman.

I think we have come full circle on that old..."Is Shanny trying to copy McD" argument from last off season.....He's clearly trying to catch lightning in a bottle with an ex Bears QB.

:wiggle:

baja
11-02-2010, 11:58 AM
I think we have come full circle on that old..."Is Shanny trying to copy McD" argument from last off season.....He's clearly trying to catch lightning in a bottle with an ex Bears QB.

:wiggle:

LOL good catch... ;D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Shanny has a place in Cabo we go fishing sometimes. ;D

Cool, next time you see him please kick him in the huevos rancheros for me, eh?

I jest....I loved Shanny actually. I understand why he was let go, but I still greatly appreciate what he did for the Broncos. It's just unfortunate he was so stubborn.

baja
11-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Another thing about Shanny if he didn't catch the biggest fish he'd be po'ed super competitive guy. Shanny like's to fish in a speedo. He'd kill me if he knew I said that.

baja
11-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Cool, next time you see him please kick him in the huevos rancheros for me, eh?

I jest....I loved Shanny actually. I understand why he was let go, but I still greatly appreciate what he did for the Broncos. It's just unfortunate he was so stubborn.

He's a great guy really. He never said but I think even he now understands it was time to take a break.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Another thing about Shanny if he didn't catch the biggest fish he'd be po'ed super competitive guy. Shanny like's to fish in a speedo. He'd kill me if he knew I said that.

That's classic! There's nothing better to kill a good fishing trip than having to sit near a middle-aged guy in a speedo! :rofl:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2010, 12:05 PM
He's a great guy really. He never said but I think even he now understands it was time to take a break.

Truthfully, I didn't want it to happen. I didn't really accept it until after he was let go. I could see the writing on the wall after the home loss to Buffalo, but I still didn't want it to happen.

Oh well, nothing can change what he was a part of in Denver. :thumbs:

baja
11-02-2010, 12:05 PM
That's classic! There's nothing better to kill a good fishing trip than having to sit near a middle-aged guy in a speedo! :rofl:

He loves the sun.

Looks like he's hung too for a little guy. ;D

baja
11-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Truthfully, I didn't want it to happen. I didn't really accept it until after he was let go. I could see the writing on the wall after the home loss to Buffalo, but I still didn't want it to happen.

Oh well, nothing can change what he was a part of in Denver. :thumbs:

I have a great deal of respect for the man.

I call him on what I think were his short comings but it was Mike Shanahan that brought respect to the Denver Broncos and helped John Elway go out a winner. They helped each other, wish they had remained close.

Bigdawg26
11-02-2010, 12:49 PM
What about Leon Lett????