PDA

View Full Version : The Phons

Zoobie
11-02-2010, 12:02 AM
24 tackles, 4 INTs(tied for 3rd in the league), 1 fumble recovery. Am I the only one barfing every time he makes a great play?

Popps
11-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Well covered topic here. We all barf as one.

Zoobie
11-02-2010, 12:05 AM
One INT less than our entire team. I been barfin a lot lately.

Requiem
11-02-2010, 12:05 AM
I bet you can get him back on Madden for a fifth round pick!

broncocalijohn
11-02-2010, 12:12 AM
One thing is we could have totally used him....The Lions version not the crap he portrayed here in Denver.

Zoobie
11-02-2010, 12:12 AM
I bet you can get him back on Madden for a fifth round pick!

I all ready traded my fifth rounder for Nate Kaeding.

Zoobie
11-02-2010, 12:13 AM
One thing is we could have totally used him....The Lions version not the crap he portrayed here in Denver.

To be fair, we could have given him more than 1 year after being a first round pick...just sayin'.

Requiem
11-02-2010, 12:38 AM
I all ready traded my fifth rounder for Nate Kaeding.

Manate Kaeprater. I bet he is awesome as a kicker.

iforgotmypassword
11-02-2010, 12:57 AM
To be fair, we could have given him more than 1 year after being a first round pick...just sayin'.

yeah how the hell does Jarvis Moss get the time he's gotten but Smith got 1 year?

extralife
11-02-2010, 01:45 AM
yeah how the hell does Jarvis Moss get the time he's gotten but Smith got 1 year?

when you put it this way I want to buy a gun

go_broncos
11-02-2010, 04:59 AM

There are so many blunders Mcd has made within short period of time.
That's the reason we are 2-6.
I am not sure why Richard Quinn still with the team

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2010, 06:46 AM
There are so many blunders Mcd has made within short period of time.
That's the reason we are 2-6.
I am not sure why Richard Quinn still with the team

Keep repeating yourself. It gets more interesting every time. No, really.

tsiguy96
11-02-2010, 07:03 AM
alphonso smith ADMITTED he dug himself a hole in denver he was never going to get out of, and got outplayed by 3 rookie CBs in training camp. and its McDs fault he actually realized he ****ed up in denver and started playing somewhere else?

half you idiots that are yelling at mcd for cutting him were crying about him drafting him and what a bust he is.

KevinJames
11-02-2010, 07:26 AM
no matter how you spin it we messed up on this one.

he also has been holding some top WRs down and he almost had another pick six yesterday but he dropped it.

hes great at jumping routes hes looked like a solid tackler.

I count this as a way bigger miss than Hillis

barryr
11-02-2010, 07:31 AM
Funny so many of those now saying trading Smith was a mistake didn't seem to think so at the time and many of them called Smith a mistake before he even played in a game last year. And many have given up on Moreno and Ayers, much less some other young players on the team, but Smith should have been given more time. Too many people want it both ways. Coaches can't get away with that, nor should fans.

v2micca
11-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Funny so many of those now saying trading Smith was a mistake didn't seem to think so at the time and many of them called Smith a mistake before he even played in a game last year. And many have given up on Moreno and Ayers, much less some other young players on the team, but Smith should have been given more time. Too many people want it both ways. Coaches can't get away with that, nor should fans.

Honestly, the moment Josh traded Smith away for 10 cents on the dollar he had already signaled just how badly he had screwed up the entire situation. The fact that Smith is experiencing such a resurgence in Detroit only serves as salt on the wound. Even if he had continued to be the bust that he was in Denver, the Broncos were never getting back that blown 1st round pick we gave up to grab him.

Rabb
11-02-2010, 07:50 AM
24 tackles, 4 INTs(tied for 3rd in the league), 1 fumble recovery. Am I the only one barfing every time he makes a great play?

no, I am glad the kid is working out as harsh as some of the people here were about him and where he was picked

if anything it proves that the staff was right with their initial evaluation, it just didn't work out here for whatever reason

I hope he continues to play well

Phantom
11-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Team sport - amazing how a pass rush can help generate turnovers.
Fonz would STILL be chitty in our backfield.

worm
11-02-2010, 08:09 AM
I keep getting Hixon flashbacks...but worse.

Lolad
11-02-2010, 08:12 AM

That's what people aren't understanding. The Lions have a wayyyyy better D-Line then us. We saw how much they penetrated and used stunts in our preseason game. A good line will make your CB's look good.

Alphonso dogged it here in Denver, even though I was unhappy about what we gave up to get him. He should have stayed, there is no way that Nate Jones was better than him. He sucks!

ColoradoDarin
11-02-2010, 08:17 AM
I keep getting Hixon flashbacks...but worse.

It's very comparable to the Hixon situation, Hixon just wasn't the same after Everett was hurt on that hit. He needed a change of scenery. Phonz said he didn't put forth enough effort here, he needed a change of scenery. The thing that sucks was it was lose-lose for us. They weren't going to play well enough for us, yet they had the talent to succeed.

go_broncos
11-02-2010, 08:17 AM
alphonso smith ADMITTED he dug himself a hole in denver he was never going to get out of, and got outplayed by 3 rookie CBs in training camp. and its McDs fault he actually realized he ****ed up in denver and started playing somewhere else?

half you idiots that are yelling at mcd for cutting him were crying about him drafting him and what a bust he is.

Part of the coaches job is to motivate a player.
Mcd is a failure..

vancejohnson82
11-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Part of the coaches job is to motivate a player.
Mcd is a failure..

you can pretty much just copy and paste the crap you put forth and post it into every thread....

Discussion about Smith --- > McD is a failure
Moreno Injured ----- > McD is killing this team
Randy Moss Waived ----- > McD should have found a way to motivate him

clown

Rock Chalk
11-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Honestly, the moment Josh traded Smith away for 10 cents on the dollar he had already signaled just how badly he had screwed up the entire situation. The fact that Smith is experiencing such a resurgence in Detroit only serves as salt on the wound. Even if he had continued to be the bust that he was in Denver, the Broncos were never getting back that blown 1st round pick we gave up to grab him.

The way he is playing now, if he had played like that in Denver would have been worth a first round pick and it would not have been blown.

Shame really.

Mile High Shack
11-02-2010, 09:12 AM
another great move by Xanders and McD

DenverBrit
11-02-2010, 09:21 AM
another great move by Xanders and McD

Yep, another Hixon. :clown:

Baba Booey
11-02-2010, 09:34 AM

This.

With Suh and Avril breathing down QB's necks it's like taking candy from a baby in that defensive backfield.

Props to Smith for making the best of his opportunity, but he would look no better than Cox, Squid, or Vaughn in our current situation. Hell, he didn't in preseason did he?

UberBroncoMan
11-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Sometimes people need a change of scenery to truly excel...look at Brandon Lloyd.

TonyR
11-02-2010, 10:55 AM
...there is no way that Nate Jones was better than him. He sucks!

True, but consider that Jones can also play safety and in fact has done so when we've had multiple injuries at the position.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2010, 10:57 AM
True, but consider that Jones can also play safety and in fact has done so when we've had multiple injuries at the position.

I don't know... Jones just sucks at two positions. Smith at least only marginally sucked at one. And you know what? We probably could have picked up a short-term safety due to injury and kept Smith.

it's a bummer. I knew he was a player, I think like most people here I just didn't like the compensation we gave up to get him.

THE719!
11-02-2010, 11:25 AM
I always knew smith would be decent... I think what happend here is a few things

1. Wrong scheme

2. he took it for granted

3. we really did not give him a enough time even though he looked average at best

Kaylore
11-02-2010, 11:41 AM
This was bound to happen. And if he had stayed here he would have continued to underperform. This is one of those things that was a no-win scenario for Denver. A Kobiyashi Maru, if you will. He needed to be traded to light a fire under his behind. He apparently couldn't handle the pressure of being the guy they traded a first for and was coasting. The staff also deserves a lot of the blame for trying force him at nickel when we all saw him do his best work outside. It doesn't really matter. This staff isn't going anywhere anyway.

Pony Boy
11-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Pass the Salt Please ....

broncosteven
11-02-2010, 11:51 AM

I agree, he flipped the switch on after leaving Denver and he is not the same player in Detroit that he was with us.

mCd did talk up how he was going to build a team and everyone he was going to bring in was going to be a team 1st player, so to move up and grab a guy who ended up thinking he was a high enough pick that he could coast was alarming. He fooled the coaches and then the staff could not motivate him and get him to play at the level he is now.

Smith is a douche for being a douche but mCd is a fool for drafting him then not being able to use his extensive NFL experience to reach the guy in the 18 months (or was it 17?) he was a Bronco.

vancejohnson82
11-02-2010, 11:53 AM
i just find it funny that 85% of this board wanted him gone pretty much right after training camp....the McD lovers had this hanging over their head in almost every argumentative thread

then he is let go....and it still becomes a McD boiling point for the pitchfork crew....although annoying, that camp really does know how to have said cake and shove it in their mouths too

Zoobie
11-02-2010, 12:56 PM
We could talk all day about what would have been, the point is he's producing in a big way. Even if he "dug himself a hole" here, who cares? He had been here a YEAR, let him dig himself out of it, don't give up on a 1st rounder. And if you HAVE to, don't trade him for a 2nd string TE.

LetsGoBroncos
11-02-2010, 01:24 PM
When you have a good D-line and pass rush a bad secondary looks average, an average secondary looks good and a good secondary looks great. When you have a bad D-line and pass rush a great secondary looks average, and an average secondary looks horrible.

90% of our problem on defense can be attributed to our horrible pass rush. Not gonna force any turnovers without a pass rush and a team that doesn't force any turnovers isn't going to score many points. You can't consistently put 80 yard drives for touchdowns together.

Mr. Elway
11-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Isn't it the coach's job to motivate and get the best out of his players? The "he needed a change of scenery" excuse is paper thin. Clearly this trade was a mistake. If you can't get a good player to play well, that is your fault as a coach.

oubronco
11-02-2010, 01:51 PM
What pisses me off the most was what we gave up to get him only to jettison him and keep Nate friggin Jones

broncosteven
11-02-2010, 02:29 PM
When you have a good D-line and pass rush a bad secondary looks average, an average secondary looks good and a good secondary looks great. When you have a bad D-line and pass rush a great secondary looks average, and an average secondary looks horrible.

90% of our problem on defense can be attributed to our horrible pass rush. Not gonna force any turnovers without a pass rush and a team that doesn't force any turnovers isn't going to score many points. You can't consistently put 80 yard drives for touchdowns together.

Yep,

I can only hope that this year is dedicated to the trenches.

baja
11-02-2010, 02:59 PM
The way he is playing now, if he had played like that in Denver would have been worth a first round pick and it would not have been blown.

Shame really.

This and the fact he now plays on a team that has a pass rush.

gtown
11-02-2010, 03:13 PM
What pisses me off the most was what we gave up to get him only to jettison him and keep Nate friggin Jones

Yeah, but we are talking THE NATE JONES. Anytime you have player that sucks as bad as Jones does at two positions, marginal talent like Phonz just gets pushed by the wayside.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2010, 03:26 PM
This and the fact he now plays on a team that has a pass rush.

a very good pass rush; I think their front four has combined for 12-14 sacks (somewhere in that neighborhood).

The MVPlaya
11-02-2010, 03:27 PM
i just find it funny that 85% of this board wanted him gone pretty much right after training camp....the McD lovers had this hanging over their head in almost every argumentative thread

then he is let go....and it still becomes a McD boiling point for the pitchfork crew....although annoying, that camp really does know how to have said cake and shove it in their mouths too

Exactly. This Broncos crowd is borderline retarded.

1st, McDaniels is an idiot, ****ed up the talent evaluation on Smith, and people were calling for his ass to get cut... criticizing EVERY little ****ing detail on his game and really, never supporting him as a pick or player. So not only is McDaniels an idiot for picking him, Alphonso also sucks because he's a midget.

NOW, it turns out McDaniels and company was correct on their evaluation of him... he's a moron for shipping him out just like the general consensus of the retarded Broncos fan base oh so dearly wanted.

oubronco
11-02-2010, 03:28 PM
a very good pass rush; I think their front four has combined for 12-14 sacks (somewhere in that neighborhood).

Exactly what we've been needing for years

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Exactly what we've been needing for years

There's no debating that. Nick Fairley, anyone!?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Am I the only one who wonders if Nolan really coveted Smith? Has this ever been asked or answered?

Not saying he did, just thinking aloud.

baja
11-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Am I the only one who wonders if Nolan really coveted Smith? Has this ever been asked or answered?

Not saying he did, just thinking aloud.

If so you would think Miami would have made a play for him. Course maybe the circumstances are such in Miami that he wasn't needed.

manchambo
11-02-2010, 04:24 PM
I thought this thread was about Laphonso Ellis (who, btw, I still think is one of the classiest athletes ever to call our fair city home).

Seeing that it isn't, I'm not all that interested.

Carry on.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2010, 04:26 PM
If so you would think Miami would have made a play for him. Course maybe the circumstances are such in Miami that he wasn't needed.

That's a good point, and one I hadn't considered. Though if they don't need an outside corner, he's not much for the slot.

Popps
11-02-2010, 04:36 PM

Shame really.

Yea, I never minded this move. (The trade up.) I thought the bitching was a lot of fuss over nothing. If Smith played this way in Denver, we'd all be in agreement now. Trading away some draft slots in order to get a player you really want EARLIER, instead of waiting another season is worth it, to me.

Clearly, McDaniels and Co. identified a very talented player and were justified in making the move for him on draft day.

The problem comes with what happened after that. Even if it WAS Smith's lack of effort, it's hard to give McDaniels a pass on this one. If you're going to take that kind of a gamble on a guy, you have to be able to develop him and if not... give it more time.

Smith was a beast in college, and he's been a beast in Detroit. The only place he wasn't a beast was in Denver. To me, that's an indication that something was mismanaged once he joined our roster.

baja
11-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Yea, I never minded this move. (The trade up.) I thought the b****ing was a lot of fuss over nothing. If Smith played this way in Denver, we'd all be in agreement now. Trading away some draft slots in order to get a player you really want EARLIER, instead of waiting another season is worth it, to me.

Clearly, McDaniels and Co. identified a very talented player and were justified in making the move for him on draft day.

The problem comes with what happened after that. Even if it WAS Smith's lack of effort, it's hard to give McDaniels a pass on this one. If you're going to take that kind of a gamble on a guy, you have to be able to develop him and if not... give it more time.

Smith was a beast in college, and he's been a beast in Detroit. The only place he wasn't a beast was in Denver. To me, that's an indication that something was mismanaged once he joined our roster.

Right or wrong I don't think Josh's coaching style includes coddling players. Players are expected to show up with their 'want to' in place.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Right or wrong I don't think Josh's coaching style includes coddling players. Players are expected to show up with their 'want to' in place.

And that's fine, and I absolutely agree with him that they SHOULD show up with their Want To in good working order. Sometimes they don't. In those cases, I think it needs to be handled in-house and addressed, while maximizing the chance that the player is successful, before shipping him out for pennies on the dollar.

baja
11-02-2010, 04:54 PM
And that's fine, and I absolutely agree with him that they SHOULD show up with their Want To in good working order. Sometimes they don't. In those cases, I think it needs to be handled in-house and addressed, while maximizing the chance that the player is successful, before shipping him out for pennies on the dollar.

I would imagine the coaches tried very hard to do just that. Sometimes it just doesn't take.

Popps
11-02-2010, 04:55 PM

He's very similar to Shanahan in that way, imo.

In fact, one of the biggest ironies of this whole McD/Shanny division around this forum is that those two human beings are SO similar, it's off the charts.
I've been saying that since McD came to town. It's one of the reasons I want to give him a chance.

DenverBrit
11-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Exactly. This Broncos crowd is borderline retarded.

1st, McDaniels is an idiot, ****ed up the talent evaluation on Smith, and people were calling for his ass to get cut... criticizing EVERY little ****ing detail on his game and really, never supporting him as a pick or player. So not only is McDaniels an idiot for picking him, Alphonso also sucks because he's a midget.

NOW, it turns out McDaniels and company was correct on their evaluation of him... he's a moron for shipping him out just like the general consensus of the retarded Broncos fan base oh so dearly wanted.

That nicely sums up the McPoopyPants crowd.

Just about every move is an excuse for drama!!

baja
11-02-2010, 05:05 PM
He's very similar to Shanahan in that way, imo.

In fact, one of the biggest ironies of this whole McD/Shanny division around this forum is that those two human beings are SO similar, it's off the charts.
I've been saying that since McD came to town. It's one of the reasons I want to give him a chance.

There is one huge difference (there are others too) Josh is willing to learn from his mistakes and quickly too while Mike really didn't especially the last years.

Popps
11-02-2010, 05:30 PM
There is one huge difference (there are others too) Josh is willing to learn from his mistakes and quickly too while Mike really didn't especially the last years.

I hope so. He's a young guy and needs to flex his plan as he gains experience.

Someone posted Bill B's record as a head coach before he got to NE, and even early at NE. It wasn't pretty.

Sometimes these things take time.

DenverBrit
11-02-2010, 06:09 PM

Agreed. He's a rookie coach making some rookie mistakes.

Did anyone seriously expect anything else?

Other than the crowd who hated him when he was named HC and/or before his first TC had ended.

broncosteven
11-02-2010, 07:13 PM
I hope so. He's a young guy and needs to flex his plan as he gains experience.

Someone posted Bill B's record as a head coach before he got to NE, and even early at NE. It wasn't pretty.

Sometimes these things take time.

This is the exact problem I had with bringing in a HC who is young, has little overall NFL experience and has only been with ONE NFL franchise. Not alot of experience is it.

Belly was in Cleveland for 4 bad years, then he went to the Pats in 1996, followed Parcells to NY for 2 more years before getting the Patsy gig in 2000 he went 5-11 that year before his golden horseshoe was inserted in his ass and Bledsoe went down and Brady took over.

Are you willing to give mCd 10 years to figure out what he is doing wrong and learn on the job?

Popps
11-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Are you willing to give mCd 10 years to figure out what he is doing wrong and learn on the job?

Of course not.

But, I'm not willing to give any coach less than 3 years to install his system completely.

Shanahan couldn't win more than 1 playoff game in ten years. Maybe this stuff isn't as easy as it looks?

I would have been fine with Cowher or Spag, but McD is our coach and he's going to get at least one more season to put things in place. If he can't show marked improvement by that point, I'm sure we'll move on. Such is life in the NFL.

You're just too hell-bent on being "right" about something, man... when at the end of the day, no one really cares.

tsiguy96
11-02-2010, 07:22 PM
This is the exact problem I had with bringing in a HC who is young, has little overall NFL experience and has only been with ONE NFL franchise. Not alot of experience is it.

Belly was in Cleveland for 4 bad years, then he went to the Pats in 1996, followed Parcells to NY for 2 more years before getting the Patsy gig in 2000 he went 5-11 that year before his golden horseshoe was inserted in his ass and Bledsoe went down and Brady took over.

if it meant him getting 3 SBs in 4 years after that? absolutely.

DarkHorse
11-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Wow - I thought this place officially HATED Smith, now, he's the great player that we didn't allow to develop????

Which is it people, sound like a bunch of voters - I want this guy, he gets in, this guy ****ing sucks ROFL!

tsiguy96
11-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Wow - I thought this place officially HATED Smith, now, he's the great player that we didn't allow to develop????

Which is it people, sound like a bunch of voters - I want this guy, he gets in, this guy ****ing sucks ROFL!

with the very vocal 30% of the people here, if you are a denver bronco chosen by mcdaniels, you are the ****tiest, worse player ever. as soon as you go to another team via mcdaniels, you were a godsend to the NFL

WolfpackGuy
11-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Is he actually shutting anyone down or just getting a lot of chances?

Or is he a Terrell Buckley type?

Get some, give some...

I don't watch the Lions, so I don't know.

broncosteven
11-02-2010, 08:18 PM
if it meant him getting 3 SBs in 4 years after that? absolutely.

How would any HC last going a projected sub .500 record for 10 years with one team? That's like half your life time.

tsiguy96
11-02-2010, 08:26 PM
How would any HC last going a projected sub .500 record for 10 years with one team? That's like half your life time.

you honestly think he would be sub 500 for 10 years? the texans have been around that for about 5 years, and half of you would trade mcdaniels for kubiak in a heartbeat

broncosteven
11-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Of course not.

But, I'm not willing to give any coach less than 3 years to install his system completely.

Shanahan couldn't win more than 1 playoff game in ten years. Maybe this stuff isn't as easy as it looks?

I would have been fine with Cowher or Spag, but McD is our coach and he's going to get at least one more season to put things in place. If he can't show marked improvement by that point, I'm sure we'll move on. Such is life in the NFL.

You're just too hell-bent on being "right" about something, man... when at the end of the day, no one really cares.

I am just posting my OPINION on an IntERNets Football forum.

I am sure you will be frothing at the bit to rub my nose in it if mCd rights the ship and ends up going 7-1 down the stretch. I am sure it just kills you that my concerns about hiring a young 1st time HC have been validated through 24 games.

Fact is I want the team to succeed and I root every Sunday for a win so if they do turn it around I won't care that you will be out for payback because that means I am enjoying the wins. I had hoped that mCd would have converted me by so far he has managed to run off most of his admirers. There are still 8 game left in the season, stranger things have happened.

broncosteven
11-02-2010, 08:34 PM
you honestly think he would be sub 500 for 10 years? the texans have been around that for about 5 years, and half of you would trade mcdaniels for kubiak in a heartbeat

Because Kubes learned on the Texan's dime and I am guessing that there is a lot of things he would do differently this time around that he did wrong the 1st time. I am guessing that mCd would do a lot differnet than he has done here! That is my whole point but you guys don't get it. I wanted a guy who has been through the ringer before, who has been with MULTIPLE Franchises and have extensive NFL contacts, who know players and how to handle issues as they occur, guys who have players respect not just because he is their leader but because of his track record. I bet some of the Alphonso Smith slacking was because he didn't respect our current coaching staff and figured the owner would not let them dump a guy they traded up to get.

But you guy want to just blindly root for whomever is in charge because he is the HC of our team.

It should be more like he is our sibling, we can beat on him but we protect him vs other fans but it is all or nothing with you guys.

tsiguy96
11-02-2010, 08:39 PM
i am curious how many NFL HCs win SBs on their first team as opposed to on their 2nd or third. i am betting the odds are pretty evenly split, indicating that it doenst really matter.

Zoobie
11-02-2010, 08:42 PM
That's a good point, and one I hadn't considered. Though if they don't need an outside corner, he's not much for the slot.

This. I think it was a mistake having him play in the slot, when he obviously excelled at the outside CB spot in his collegiate career. Would it have hurt to let him back up Goodman/Bailey and allow Cox/Jones/Thompson to play the slot? Smith would have had many opportunities to play with the Goodman injury, plus, he was a 2nd year player.

broncosteven
11-02-2010, 08:42 PM
i am curious how many NFL HCs win SBs on their first team as opposed to on their 2nd or third. i am betting the odds are pretty evenly split, indicating that it doenst really matter.

Considering there have only been 44 SB's and there are 32 HC's employed this year alone I am guessing most HC's are lucky to hit on the playoffs let alone winning a SB.

WolfpackGuy
11-02-2010, 08:49 PM

Payton (1)
Tomlin (1)

Billick (1)
Holmgren (1)
Switzer (1)
Seifert (2)
Johnson (2)
Gibbs (3)
Parcells (2)
Ditka (1)
Walsh (3)
Flores (2)
Noll (4)
Madden (1)
Landry (2)
McCafferty (1)
Stram (1)
Lombardi (2)

31 Super Bowls

broncosteven
11-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Payton (1)
Tomlin (1)

Billick (1)
Holmgren (1)
Switzer (1)
Seifert (2)
Johnson (2)
Gibbs (3)
Parcells (2)
Ditka (1)
Walsh (3)
Flores (2)
Noll (4)
Madden (1)
Landry (2)
McCafferty (1)
Stram (1)
Lombardi (2)

31 Super Bowls

18 HC's out of all those who have coached since 1966

FireFly
11-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Looks like McDaniels DOES know how to draft after all!

:strong: :strong:

FireFly
11-02-2010, 09:18 PM
of course not.

But, i'm not willing to give any coach less than 3 years to install his system completely.

I would have been fine with cowher or spag, but mcd is our coach and he's going to get at least one more season to put things in place. If he can't show marked improvement by that point, i'm sure we'll move on. Such is life in the nfl.

qft. ^5

Zoobie
11-02-2010, 11:12 PM
qft. ^5

QFTx2

baja
11-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Of course not.

I would have a hard time staying a Bronco fan if Cowher were our coach. The guy is an idiot who benefited greatly from a great organization.

Zoobie
11-02-2010, 11:34 PM
I would have a hard time staying a Bronco fan if Cowher were our coach. The guy is an idiot who benefited greatly from a great organization.

I think LeBeau is a great help to any coach.

FireFly
11-02-2010, 11:43 PM

Really?

I haven't heard many opinions that echo that.

Reasons?

TheReverend
11-02-2010, 11:44 PM

If only it were somebody's job to get players prepared to play and playing up to their potential... :spit:

That being said, I'm still not big on Alphonso. I've HEARD these pics are generally tipped right to him. I haven't seen any of them so I don't know if that's true or not, but either way, I will credit him with getting on the field and with making the play regardless of how the ball gets to him.

baja
11-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Really?

I haven't heard many opinions that echo that.

Reasons?

I don't like him. I don't think he is that great a coach I think he benefited greatly from a well oiled machine of a franchise.

NYBronc
11-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Phonz burned by Braylon Edwards for 74 yards with 1:00 left in the half.

montrose
11-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Another pick for Alphonso Smith! Five on the year, Pro Bowl bound?

UberBroncoMan
11-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Another pick for Alphonso Smith! Five on the year, Pro Bowl bound?

Might seal the win too.

McD loves to quit players before giving them a chance...I almost wonder if he's going to cut Tebow loose.

Doggcow
11-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Has gotten smoked and missed multiple tackles today.

He's lucky Tate dropped the ball on a deep pass.

Green-Ellis just annihilated him into the endzone too, lol

DBroncos4life
11-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Has gotten smoked and missed multiple tackles today.

He's lucky Tate dropped the ball on a deep pass.

Green-Ellis just annihilated him into the endzone too, lol

So he sucks then?

broncosteven
11-25-2010, 12:10 PM
So he sucks then?

I dunno but I was glad for Lion's fans it wasn't a Safety who got trucked into the endzone. Smith had to have given up some size and momentum.

At least he tried to make the play unlike Dawkins and Champ Monday.

Doggcow
11-25-2010, 12:13 PM
So he sucks then?

Oh I forgot, 2 or 3 positive plays make him a superstar, and 2 or 3 negative ones are just "meh, he's a superstar, no biggy."

DBroncos4life
11-25-2010, 12:15 PM
I dunno but I was glad for Lion's fans it wasn't a Safety who got trucked into the endzone. Smith had to have given up some size and momentum.

I just get a kick out of posters bumping threads like this when a player does something bad or good. It's like he is trying to justify the trading of Smith for __________. Smith sucked in Denver and deserved to get traded but man I think we could have got someone better then _________.

DBroncos4life
11-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Oh I forgot, 2 or 3 positive plays make him a superstar, and 2 or 3 negative ones are just "meh, he's a superstar, no biggy."

Can you name one play that _________ did for us after the trade? I never once called Smith a super star by the way. I just think he is having a pretty good season overall but hey keep bumping threads guy :thumbsup:

Doggcow
11-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Can you name one play that _________ did for us after the trade? I never once called Smith a super star by the way. I just think he is having a pretty good season overall but hey keep bumping threads guy :thumbsup:

I could have a great season playing DB for the Lions.

Seriously.

DBroncos4life
11-25-2010, 12:22 PM
I could have a great season playing DB for the Lions.

Seriously.

Of course you could this is the internet.

Doggcow
11-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Of course you could this is the internet.

I was making a point that all broncos fans should know by now, it doesn't matter how good your corners are if your dline sucks, or is elite. Detroit probably has the best Dline in the league...

Newsflash.

Doggcow
11-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Welker just dragged Alphonso Smith into the endzone again.

At least he's consistent :)

DBroncos4life
11-25-2010, 12:31 PM
I was making a point that all broncos fans should know by now, it doesn't matter how good your corners are if your dline sucks, or is elite. Detroit probably has the best Dline in the league...

Newsflash.

Well maybe we should HIRE a coach that understands that. The new coach traded for Corey Williams, signed Kyle Vanden Bosch, then drafted Suh.

zdoor
11-25-2010, 12:38 PM

Newsflash.

What's impressive is how fast they got it from crap to this....

Broncosfreak_56
11-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Just got destroyed again.

Doggcow
11-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Well maybe we should HIRE a coach that understands that. The new coach traded for Corey Williams, signed Kyle Vanden Bosch, then drafted Suh.

Alphonso smith just got smoked again rofl, by Branch.

But yes, it is impressive what they have done in detroit, they are definitely looking up.

cabronco
11-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Toasted. Coach says wtf happened...lol

bombay
11-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Wow. Branch turned him inside out after beating him badly.

McDman
11-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Well, that was ugly. He may be the next Dre Bly. Someone who can make a good amount of picks but can't tackle worth a crap.

DBroncos4life
11-25-2010, 12:47 PM
What did our FO see in this guy to trade a future first rounder for him?

cutthemdown
11-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Ooops how did I miss this before i posted something on this loser? Oh well a mod can delete it. This guy stinks!! We already knew that though right? But wait he has 5 picks!!!! big deal he got lucky. He gets those chances because he is always the worst player on the field.

cutthemdown
11-25-2010, 12:49 PM
good for me gets Calvin Johnson back on the field for some more fantasy points.

McDman
11-25-2010, 12:49 PM
As poor as he looked a little while ago I wish we hadn't given up on him so fast. Just like a coach you need at least three years to really see how a rookie is going to turn out.

All these people who are calling for McD's head after a year and a half but giving him crap for giving up on Phonsi so fast are being quite hypocritical.

TonyR
11-25-2010, 12:58 PM

So you're sticking with the "Dawkins and Champ quit" meme? You really believe that?

Caveat Lector
11-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Chalk another one up on the big board.... how many are we up to now?

Doggcow
11-25-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm thankful that Alphonso Smith isn't on this team anymore.

gtown
11-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Smith looks terrible out there. I thought he was better in man coverage but he has been used like a sorority girl out there.

go_broncos
11-25-2010, 01:25 PM
Mcd will never be a winner in this trade..

TomServo
11-26-2010, 12:15 AM
anyone remember eddie mac schooling shawn springs? and springs actually made a probowl or two after that. lil alph might be too short to make a probowl without a Dline that pressures like the lions.
Imagine champ with a Dline like that.