PDA

View Full Version : Which Josh McDaniels are you least impressed with?

Goobzilla
11-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Which Josh McDaniels are you least impressed with?

bronco militia
11-01-2010, 09:08 AM
the play calling has been brutal.

supermanhr9
11-01-2010, 09:10 AM
I am very very sad. It's hilarious that we can't even fire him now.

go_broncos
11-01-2010, 09:10 AM
you will see Popps voting "Both are Great".

Ambiguous
11-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Proud of this team, despite both being horrific.

go_broncos
11-01-2010, 09:17 AM
I really like the direction of this team..

ColoradoDarin
11-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Actually I'm least impressed with both Goobzilla's posting AND thread starting :thanku::thanku::thanku:

fontaine
11-01-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm not sure the job Josh has done so far even qualifies as a "Coach."

I mean the guy is a glorified QBs coach, learning on the job about how (not) to run the football and build a defense.

Garcia Bronco
11-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Good grief. I agree the coach needs to take the majority of the heat, but the assumptions by most of you casual fans is astounding.

Goobzilla
11-01-2010, 09:52 AM
actually i'm least impressed with both goobzilla's posting and thread starting :thanku::thanku::thanku:

ouch! ;d

go_broncos
11-01-2010, 09:53 AM
I think we should just stop calling him 'coach'. He is not qualified for that.

Jesterhole
11-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Good grief. I agree the coach needs to take the majority of the heat, but the assumptions by most of you casual fans is astounding.

Oh right...we aren't REAL fans like you because we don't have 40K worthless posts.

Join Popps and Baja in the McDaneils circle jerk.

colonelbeef
11-01-2010, 09:59 AM
All of them, I am least impressed with Josh McDaniels in general

PRBronco
11-01-2010, 10:07 AM
I choose Both are TBD.

fontaine
11-01-2010, 10:11 AM

I agree. Assumptions should never be made by casual fans.

That's the right of the hard core fans who can spot a casual fan from miles on an internetz board.

Smart and tough fans like you Garcia.

supermanhr9
11-01-2010, 10:12 AM

Casual fans??? What categorizes us as that? Do we not have a right to be doubters?

McD should be compared side-by-side to Raheem Morris, Todd Haley and Steve Spagnulo. All 3 of which are actually making progress in their re-building efforts, where as McD inherited the best team out of those choices and has managed to make them worse.

Now granted the season is not over, however I have a feeling you'll be a "casual" fan as well come December/January.

HILife
11-01-2010, 10:16 AM

sssooooo what did you vote for?

Popps
11-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Actually I'm least impressed with both Goobzilla's posting AND thread starting :thanku::thanku::thanku:

I certainly get the frustration. I don't totally agree with the gloom and doom, but we're struggling and people are understandably pissed off.

That said, I wonder how many more times in the next two weeks we'll see this same thread started with a different title. Each poster seems to think they've uncovered some sort of original idea when doing so.

HILife
11-01-2010, 10:20 AM
I choose Both are TBD.

I would like to change my vote. I picked Josh the GM, but I want to switch to Both TBD too.

Chris
11-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Josh the playcaller. I like all other aspects of his coaching.

Goobzilla
11-01-2010, 10:22 AM
I certainly get the frustration. I don't totally agree with the gloom and doom, but we're struggling and people are understandably pissed off.

That said, I wonder how many more times in the next two weeks we'll see this same thread started with a different title. Each poster seems to think they've uncovered some sort of original idea when doing so.

Just making conversation, it's a long bye week.

HILife
11-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Casual fans??? What categorizes us as that? Do we not have a right to be doubters?

McD should be compared side-by-side to Raheem Morris, Todd Haley and Steve Spagnulo. All 3 of which are actually making progress in their re-building efforts, where as McD inherited the best team out of those choices and has managed to make them worse.

Now granted the season is not over, however I have a feeling you'll be a "casual" fan as well come December/January.

lol, you make a good point, I never looked at it that way. How do you make a team that started out light years better then the Bucs, Cheifs and STL and make them worse?

Dr. Broncenstein
11-01-2010, 10:42 AM
The coach that can't get along with / work with Mike Nolan. The GM that absolutely has to replace Mike Leach at several times the cost. The coach / GM that can't find a way to use Peyton Hillis, yet throws down draft picks for Maroney. The GM that saw anything in Brady Quinn. The coach who can't get 11 players on the field. The coach that couldn't find a way to use Tebow until the Jets game, and continues to run the same GD play when he randomly inserts him into the game. The coach that presided over the worst home field blowout in team history. Just off the top of my head, to name a few reasons...

Pendejo
11-01-2010, 10:52 AM
The coach that can't get along with / work with Mike Nolan. The GM that absolutely has to replace Mike Leach at several times the cost. The coach / GM that can't find a way to use Peyton Hillis, yet throws down draft picks for Maroney. The GM that saw anything in Brady Quinn. The coach who can't get 11 players on the field. The coach that couldn't find a way to use Tebow until the Jets game, and continues to run the same GD play when he randomly inserts him into the game. The coach that presided over the worst home field blowout in team history. Just off the top of my head, to name a few reasons...

Let's be fair here. Yesterday they were able to put 12 guys on the field. Sure it didn't help get a stop, but it's certainly an improvement from the 9 they like to run out there from time to time.

go_broncos
11-01-2010, 10:56 AM
I would like to change my vote. I picked Josh the GM, but I want to switch to Both TBD too.

I was pretty excited when Mcd traded Cutler as i believe cutler is a horrible QB.
It is the only good thing he has done upto now.

We are last in running the ball and one of the worst rushing defense.
We throw the ball a lot and can't score points(similar to shanny era).
Clady, Kuper and Harris became worse after Mcd became our coach.

I am fine with Bowlen firing Shanny..But, he made bad choice in hiring Mcd.

Rabb
11-01-2010, 10:58 AM

it sounds so encouraging when you put it like that

colonelbeef
11-01-2010, 11:06 AM

:garcia::tearhair::-/:hitself::flush:

ScottXray
11-01-2010, 11:10 AM
The worst part of McD is his apparent inability to simplify the game plan..

I think that he is a good coach...for the Patriots. He seems unable to grasp the concept that he does NOT have the level of talent here that he had there. And the complexity of the scheme is leading to the repeated penalties and screw ups that have hurt us time and again. ( on offense....defense is just plain bad all over right now)

He needs to Simplify things and get people all playing on the same page....then slowly implement the rest of it a bit at a time. If he can do that he may just save his job and some of our fans sanity. If he continues to stubbornly assume that he has top level talent here he will be gone sooner than later.

ColoradoDarin
11-01-2010, 11:34 AM

I was just having some fun with Goob, threw a little rep his way to. This was just too easy of a softball to pass up.

DenverBrit
11-01-2010, 11:35 AM
If the final play in the NYJ game isn't a penalty and if the two TDs yesterday against the 49ers aren't called back.

Is the conversation the same?

Rabb
11-01-2010, 11:40 AM
If the final play in the NYJ game isn't a penalty and if the two TDs yesterday against the 49ers aren't called back.

well, the NYJ game...if we had taken care of business the other 59 minutes of the game, it wouldn't have come down to that

and yesterday I can say the same thing...we squandered opportunity after opportunity with all of those 3 and outs

I absolutely get your point, but we are watching a team that puts itself into a position to lose and not one to win more often than not

could be the military guy in me, but it all starts at the top

go_broncos
11-01-2010, 11:44 AM

I might do the "IF" for the games that we won also..

DenverBrit
11-01-2010, 03:50 PM
well, the NYJ game...if we had taken care of business the other 59 minutes of the game, it wouldn't have come down to that

and yesterday I can say the same thing...we squandered opportunity after opportunity with all of those 3 and outs

I absolutely get your point, but we are watching a team that puts itself into a position to lose and not one to win more often than not

could be the military guy in me, but it all starts at the top

No question.

There's no way to know yet if McD's going to be a good HC, or just another coordinator promoted above his ability.

Br0nc0Buster
11-01-2010, 03:55 PM
the close losses were just bad luck at first, but when our team consistently finds ways to screw up it seems to show the exact opposite of "situational football" that has supposedly been preached

I knew we would blow the 49ers game, because we have been doing it all year long
when you can predict your team folding in crunch time, it reflects on the coach(s)

colonelbeef
11-01-2010, 04:35 PM

If I was an ice cream cone, would I melt in the sun?

colonelbeef
11-01-2010, 04:35 PM
No question.

There's no way to know yet if McD's going to be a good HC, or just another coordinator promoted above his ability.

no way to know?

the evidence is starting to pile up- the verdict has not yet been reached, but it's looking bad for the defendant

fontaine
11-01-2010, 04:51 PM
I just don't believe in the philosophy of Josh McDaniels.

I understand the guy is a gifted offensive coordinator, but:

I don't believe in building an offense that's centered around passing the ball to the point where we would rather throw a quick 3 yard pass than running it effectively.

I don't believe in putting the game on Kyle Orton's arm when time and time again he's been a winning QB when he's had a good ground game and a decent defense.

I don't believe in the assistants Josh McDaniels has promoted or brought in for the OL/RBs.

I don't believe Josh and his coaching staff can get the best out of the players (apart from QB/WR). The guys we allowed to leave in Hillis, Smith, Andre Davis, and Weigmann, for ALL of their flaws would make us a better football team RIGHT NOW.

I simply don't believe in Josh as a head coach. I think he's a brilliant QB's coach and offensive coordinator but not much else.

What's more is that I don't believe he can change that. We had the best opportunity of the season in changing it around against the 49er's with the game still close and Moreno averaging 4 yards a clip and their front 7 constantly harassing Orton. IF there ever was a time when Josh would have thought about running a balanced offense against one of the worst teams in the football, it was then.

He didn't. He kept calling play after play passing the ball when clearly the 49er's were ready for it and Orton was running around for his life. That's not coaching. That's willful stubborness to the point of stupidity.

zdoor
11-01-2010, 05:33 PM

Too many facts in there... You must not be a real fan of the team....

DenverBrit
11-01-2010, 05:42 PM
no way to know?

the evidence is starting to pile up- the verdict has not yet been reached, but it's looking bad for the defendant

There may be a plea bargain in his future.

I'm saying there's no way to know yet if he'll be another failed coordinator, or a successful HC.

Not if he'll be a successful Bronco's HC.
He has no experience building a team and some of his position coaching choices aren't going to help him.
The O line and RB coaching are not going to help his cause.
The D line, well that's a talent issue more than coaching.

Blueflame
11-01-2010, 06:21 PM

What about the coach that has yet to win a single home game against a division rival?

/devil's advocate

colonelbeef
11-01-2010, 07:21 PM
There may be a plea bargain in his future.

I'm saying there's no way to know yet if he'll be another failed coordinator, or a successful HC.

Not if he'll be a successful Bronco's HC.
He has no experience building a team and some of his position coaching choices aren't going to help him.
The O line and RB coaching are not going to help his cause.
The D line, well that's a talent issue more than coaching.

he will get at least another year, and should in my opinion... I think that is ample time to render some sort of judgment on his coaching prowess, at least at this stage of his career.

I don't doubt that McDaniels can go be a decent coordinator somewhere in the future, but I am willing to bet that next time he doesn't throw away talent so quickly

broncocalijohn
11-01-2010, 08:01 PM

uh, he doesnt vote in any polls.

listopencil
11-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Are you kidding? How could you not love the Flying Donkey Offense? And you call yourselves fans. For shame.

HAT
11-02-2010, 12:36 AM
What about the coach that has yet to win a single home game against a division rival?

/devil's advocate

I forget.....Is that the same one that has yet to lose a single road game against a division rival?

:wave:

Jason in LA
11-02-2010, 12:52 AM
I can't think of anything positive that McD has done in Denver. From building this team to production on the field. It's been fail across the board.

McD gets the gas face.

baja
11-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Oh right...we aren't REAL fans like you because we don't have 40K worthless posts.

Join Popps and Baja in the McDaneils circle jerk.

What i find funny is you guys that predicted 4 to 6 wins are so mad (attacking other fans) when the team is producing just as you predicted. Why are you so surprised and disgruntled? You can't even spell the coaches name correctly. Impressive!

Jason in LA
11-02-2010, 01:14 AM
What i find funny is you guys that predicted 4 to 6 wins are so mad (attacking other fans) when the team is producing just as you predicted. Why are you so surprised and disgruntled? You can't even spell the coaches name correctly. Impressive!

Well, just because somebody predicts that the team will do bad does not mean that he wants, or is rooting for the team to do bad. There are some fans who seem to do that, but I'd say that most are not like that. I have no faith in this team winning anything, but I'll be rooting for them to do so, and I'll be pissed when they perform poorly. So I guess I'm going to be pissed a lot this season.

baja
11-02-2010, 01:21 AM
Well, just because somebody predicts that the team will do bad does not mean that he wants, or is rooting for the team to do bad. There are some fans who seem to do that, but I'd say that most are not like that. I have no faith in this team winning anything, but I'll be rooting for them to do so, and I'll be pissed when they perform poorly. So I guess I'm going to be pissed a lot this season.

I know you are not like that Jason. Everyone is angry about the showing in the raiders game. It sucked bad, no excuse. We'll see what it looks like after 8 more games.

strafen
11-02-2010, 06:47 AM

Nah, he usually doesn't put his money where his mouth is.
He will avoid voting as usual in this type of polls that could come back and bite him in the rear...