PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Royal's season

Florida_Bronco
10-31-2010, 10:24 PM
In 8 games this year, he has already surpassed his 2009 performance. Props to him for finding his groove again.

TheReverend
10-31-2010, 10:37 PM
...and if you combine those 22 games, you still don't sniff his 15 game ROOKIE season.

The Joker
10-31-2010, 10:39 PM
Looking more like the player we expected in this offense.

Should be a solid slot receiver for years to come for us, looking a lot better on punt returns this season too.

Florida_Bronco
10-31-2010, 10:59 PM
...and if you combine those 22 games, you still don't sniff his 15 game ROOKIE season.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_uijJ-Tb0UTU/SWfdM87KNfI/AAAAAAAAAAg/tyXeFJf-Hoc/s320/debbie_downer.jpg

Cito Pelon
10-31-2010, 11:08 PM
Royal's a good guy to have on the team. Hopefully he has a great season and it translates into wins.

Popps
10-31-2010, 11:16 PM
Hope the bye week helps the guy get healthy

NUB
10-31-2010, 11:48 PM
He will be traded away, of course.

loborugger
11-01-2010, 12:01 AM

LOL... these quiet guys who just do what they're asked, dont get in trouble, and are all about the team are real troublemakers, arent they.

bpc
11-01-2010, 12:09 AM
This guy has a lot of talent and it's just being wasted here, as sad as it is to say that.

Cito Pelon
11-01-2010, 12:45 AM

Please.

KevinJames
11-01-2010, 01:37 AM
hes our best receiver and our most dangerous receiver we need to get him the ball more no question about it.

driver
11-01-2010, 02:37 AM
I've been thinking about Royal, he is kind of smallish, but what if we put him in backfield
for 5-10 touches a game, run him out of a deep I set with Larson leading him into the hole?? Might punch up our non existant run game???

ZONA
11-01-2010, 04:04 AM
Maybe next year we will be able to run the ball better. That's only going to make our WR's even better. That's pretty scary. When LB's have to actually honor the run rather then cheating out to protect the edges against the WR screens, THAT's when those types of screens will get big chunks.

Drek
11-01-2010, 04:07 AM
This guy has a lot of talent and it's just being wasted here, as sad as it is to say that.

This is why people call you a hater man. Seriously, McDaniels will either start winning or be looking for a new job by the end of 2011 or so, its not exactly the end of Royal's career.

broncosteven
11-01-2010, 08:29 AM
hes our best receiver and our most dangerous receiver we need to get him the ball more no question about it.

NOPE

Brandon Lloyd is our best receiver and we need to get him the ball more earlier in games.

Without Lloyd we likely would not have any wins and the near blowout losses would have been epic blowouts.

Eddie is a nice slot WR who is prob a better punt returner right now. He still has a way to go.

One could argue that this team does not have a true #1 WR (esp early in games) we have a deep threat and a slot guy but Gaffney, our #1 wr is more like a career backup to a #1 wr than an actual #1. Maybe they were hoping DT would have won the #1 job by now but it hasn't happened.

bronclvr
11-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Every time I saw eddie back there to receive a kickoff I cringe-he can be electric, and I love to watch him run, but I'm afraid he's gonna get killed on one of those returns-

missingnumber7
11-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Hope the bye week helps the guy get healthy

Hope this for the whole dang team.

Mile High Shack
11-01-2010, 09:09 AM
He's figured out his role in the offense, I'm happy for him, he's a total class act

Popps
11-01-2010, 09:15 AM
This is why people call you a hater man. Seriously, McDaniels will either start winning or be looking for a new job by the end of 2011 or so, its not exactly the end of Royal's career.

Every moment of life is a chance for BPC to express his bitterness. I can't imagine how shallow someone's existence has to be to spam a fan board with garbage like he does all day long.

People don't just call him a hater, he defines the word in the purest sense. He takes more pleasure in Broncos suffering than Bob, and I mean that very literally.

-------

As for Royal, it's nice to see him settling into this offense. He's on pace for a little under 900 yards, and he's really been beat up. Could be even better if he can get healthy. That's exactly the kind of season we need from him in an offense where we spread the ball around a lot.

Also, what a bummer to see his TD taken away yesterday. But, that was an exciting run. Hope to see more of that from him in the return game.

We're lucky to have him. He'll only get better.

gyldenlove
11-01-2010, 10:09 AM
I think 2009 was an aberation for Royal, he is better than that season indicated. He probably runs the best routes of any player on the team and has superb hands, he was wasted on the outside running outs and gos last year, he needs to be on the inside where he can use his breaks to create seperation, that is how he did so well as a rookie.

I really hope we can build our recieving group around Lloyd, Royal and Thomas, they complement each other well and all present different qualities.