tsiguy96
10-31-2010, 07:59 PM
been awhile...hopefully they get it together for 2nd half, get to .500

BroncoDoug
10-31-2010, 08:00 PM
horray beer!

Dr. Broncenstein
10-31-2010, 08:07 PM
I've always wondered what the cellar looked like. It smells like dead seahawks and 80's era chorfs down here.

oubronco
10-31-2010, 08:09 PM
Growing pains this year

Popps
10-31-2010, 08:16 PM
I've always wondered what the cellar looked like. It smells like dead seahawks and 80's era chorfs down here.

:spit:

BroncosSR
10-31-2010, 08:18 PM
We're the new laughing stock of the division. Awesome.

TheReverend
10-31-2010, 08:21 PM
Remember when people called all the Shanahan dissenters spoiled and said if he were gone you'd learn what being a poor team was REALLY like?

Well, I'm sorry we were right.

broncosteven
10-31-2010, 08:25 PM

This is sad, I remember when we used to hope for SB's or playoffs...now we are just hoping for .500

This is what I thought it was like to be a KFC fan.

Do we have to get mullets now and talk about Cameros?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2010, 08:27 PM
Remember when people called all the Shanahan dissenters spoiled and said if he were gone you'd learn what being a poor team was REALLY like?

Yeah. I really miss .500 football and not going to the playoffs. We were so spoiled with all those non-playoff teams!

Good take! :strong:

broncosteven
10-31-2010, 08:27 PM

Remember how we were slammed for saying the Franchise would be set back 2-5 years?

scttgrd
10-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Yeah. I really miss .500 football and not going to the playoffs. We were so spoiled with all those non-playoff teams!

Oh yeah, great take! Remember when .500 ball was a bad year? Well remember is all we can do thanks to McDaniels.

TheReverend
10-31-2010, 08:31 PM

In the Shanahan Era:

1. No other AFC West team has won a Superbowl.
2. The rest of the AFC West has made only 1 Superbowl appearance and lost it.
3. The Broncos have made 3 AFC Championship games appearances while the rest of the AFC West has made only 2.
4. The Broncos have made 7 playoff appearances.
5. The Broncos have made the playoffs 60% of the time.
6. The Broncos appeared in the AFC Championship game 25% of the time.
7. The Broncos have accumulated a win/loss record of 123/69. That is a 65% winning percentage.
8. The Broncos rank first in the NFL in rushing yards (25,022, 142.2 per game).
9. The Broncos rank first in the NFL in total offense (64,235 yards, 365.0 per game).
10. The Broncos rank first in per-game scoring average (25.2 ppg., 4,440 points).

Here is what the rest of the AFC West has done since Shanahan took over for the Broncos:

1. The rest of the AFC West combined has been to one Superbowl and lost it.
2. The Raiders have made only 3 playoff appearances, and have a pathetic win/loss record of 83/109 (43% winning percentage).
3. The Chiefs have been average during this time period making 4 playoff appearances and generating a win/loss record of 111/81 (57% winning percentage).
4. The Chargers have been almost as pathetic as the Raiders with 3 playoff appearances and a pathetic win/loss record of 87/105 (45% winning percentage).

Some additional stats about Shanahan:

1. Shanahan was the first coach in history to win two Super Bowl titles in his first four years coaching a team.
2. Shanahan has joined Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, Chuck Noll, Jimmy Johnson and Bill Belichick as the only six coaches to win back-to-back Super Bowls.
3. Shanahan is one of only four coaches who have spent at least 10 seasons with one team, and have had more world championship seasons than losing campaigns. The other three hall of famers are Paul Brown, Joe Gibbs and John Madden.

But hey, if 2-6 and being the cellar floats your boat, more power to ya, DenverMooseGuy.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-31-2010, 08:35 PM
In the Shanahan Era:

3. The Broncos have made 3 AFC Championship games appearances while the rest of the AFC West has made only 2.
7. The Broncos have accumulated a win/loss record of 123/69. That is a 65% winning percentage.
9. The Broncos rank first in the NFL in total offense (64,235 yards, 365.0 per game).
10. The Broncos rank first in per-game scoring average (25.2 ppg., 4,440 points).

Here is what the rest of the AFC West has done since Shanahan took over for the Broncos:

2. The Raiders have made only 3 playoff appearances, and have a pathetic win/loss record of 83/109 (43% winning percentage).
3. The Chiefs have been average during this time period making 4 playoff appearances and generating a win/loss record of 111/81 (57% winning percentage).
4. The Chargers have been almost as pathetic as the Raiders with 3 playoff appearances and a pathetic win/loss record of 87/105 (45% winning percentage).

1. Shanahan was the first coach in history to win two Super Bowl titles in his first four years coaching a team.
2. Shanahan has joined Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, Chuck Noll, Jimmy Johnson and Bill Belichick as the only six coaches to win back-to-back Super Bowls.
3. Shanahan is one of only four coaches who have spent at least 10 seasons with one team, and have had more world championship seasons than losing campaigns. The other three hall of famers are Paul Brown, Joe Gibbs and John Madden.

But hey, if 2-6 and being the cellar floats your boat, more power to ya, DenverMooseGuy.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a profanity-laced tirade.

TheReverend
10-31-2010, 08:38 PM

Setting NFL records sure is "stale" huh?

gyldenlove
10-31-2010, 08:41 PM

Ever the risktaker doc.

bpc
10-31-2010, 08:41 PM

This dawned on me today just how right we were.

broncosteven
10-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Anyone find any sweet Camero's in Auto Trader?

And it's Business in the front, party in the back right? I want to make sure I get it right next time I go for my haircut.

Brian Xanders
10-31-2010, 08:58 PM
It's all little things, and the little things are easy to get fixed.

DarkHorse30
10-31-2010, 08:58 PM
Anybody see Shanahan pull Mcnabb for one play and watch Grossman fumble the game away? Brilliant.

MS was done here, bored and done. He took a year off and gets to start new with a new team and he gets to put his son in charge of the offense. Good for him.

Meanwhile, McDaniels isn't winning any fans for Denver just now. His playcalling is a little too tricksy and his team is not winning games. The way the team looks out there is mostly just LOST. Maybe it's all the injuries but I really don't even want to watch the team right now. They are so bad. Yuk. Blame it ALL on McDaniels now because it is fully ALL of his team now. Good luck, Josh. You don't seem smart enough to be a HC right now, but good luck. They are still MY team more than they are yours.

loborugger
10-31-2010, 09:05 PM

It also has the distinct odor of an unbathed, flatulent, caustic old man in a track suit.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-31-2010, 09:05 PM

Hey Brian. I mean, Yo Dawg... I heard you like to purge rosters made of sub-NFL talent with sub-NFL talent.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t314/Mr_Spiffy/Misc/xzibit-happy.jpg

SoCalBronco
10-31-2010, 09:08 PM

Pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms and extra cheese.

Oh and we'll need two more pots of coffee for the defensive staff.

On the double, Xanders.

BroncoBacker
10-31-2010, 09:11 PM
Anybody see Shanahan pull Mcnabb for one play and watch Grossman fumble the game away? Brilliant.

MS was done here, bored and done. He took a year off and gets to start new with a new team and he gets to put his son in charge of the offense. Good for him.

Meanwhile, McDaniels isn't winning any fans for Denver just now. His playcalling is a little too tricksy and his team is not winning games. The way the team looks out there is mostly just LOST. Maybe it's all the injuries but I really don't even want to watch the team right now. They are so bad. Yuk. Blame it ALL on McDaniels now because it is fully ALL of his team now. Good luck, Josh. You don't seem smart enough to be a HC right now, but good luck. They are still MY team more than they are yours.

Anyone see that donkey Orton fumble the game away? Brilliant!
I also saw a guy on the Denver sideline taking Halloween a little too far...this guy Josh McDaniels was dressed up like an NFL head coach!

Taco John
10-31-2010, 09:13 PM
I wonder what Shanahan thinks when he sees what Josh has done with this team... He must laugh and cry a little at the same time.

Bronco Yoda
10-31-2010, 09:16 PM
It's smells like KC armpits down here. I refuse to grow a mullet or put my car up on blocks.

Popps
10-31-2010, 09:23 PM
I wonder what Shanahan thinks when he sees what Josh has done with this team... He must laugh and cry a little at the same time.

Yea, I think Shanahan has bigger problems right now.

Barely into his tenure... his team is falling apart and he's benched his high-profile QB at a crucial time in a loss... to Detroit, no less.

I'm fairly sure the Broncos are the last problem on Shanahan's mind.

TDmvp
10-31-2010, 09:27 PM
In the Shanahan Era:

I actually cried a little reading that ... Rep ...

NFLBRONCO
10-31-2010, 09:29 PM
The ones like me who thought it was time for Shanny to move on and still have zero problem with it. At the same time don't blame us for present shape of team either because if I remember correctly 80% of us (Including myself wanted Spags) not McD's. Since loss to Pitt in AFC championship game I always wondered if we didn't need to get worse to get better. I guess I will find out now. I just hope these guys can draft well and use FA money and fill our biggest needs in 2011. I still think it will take a few years to finish this team. We need to hit on DE NT ILB S CB upgrades on D before we are better.

BroncoBacker
10-31-2010, 09:31 PM
Why is it that every Sunday my wife tells me I'm in a bad mood? Then I remember how much my beloved Broncos sucked and I take it out on her! Anyone have Josh McD-bag's phone number so I can take it out on the appropriate people?

TDmvp
10-31-2010, 09:34 PM
And to all you who always whip out the OOoo we was 500. all the time and missed the playoffs so much under Shanny ever use that BS line again I'm going right to the 60% number from Rev's post....

If you don't understand how good 60% of the time making the playoffs is in this league with the parody and turnover you are as dense as gold ...

BroncoBacker
10-31-2010, 09:38 PM
The ones like me who thought it was time for Shanny to move on and still have zero problem with it. At the same time don't blame us for present shape of team either because if I remember correctly 80% of us (Including myself wanted Spags) not McD's. Since loss to Pitt in AFC championship game I always wondered if we didn't need to get worse to get better. I guess I will find out now. I just hope these guys can draft well and use FA money and fill our biggest needs in 2011. I still think it will take a few years to finish this team. We need DE NT ILB S CB upgrades on D.

Why do teams like the Patriots and Steelers not have to get worse to get better? The Broncos need to draft better, make better moves in the offseason and not hire a coach with no experience and Noah's Ark worth of arrogance!
At this point it's going to take a lot of time to make the team better. By the time this happens, guys like Champ, Dawkins and D.J. will be old or out of the league. We shipped out what little talent we had in Marshall and Hillis and unfortunately, there have been some circumstances which were a tragedy (deaths) that can't be replaced. You can still be a decent team with injuries and sub-par talent if you have a good head coach. Unfortunately for the Broncos, they have none of that now!

BroncoBacker
10-31-2010, 09:40 PM
And to all you who always whip out the OOoo we was 500. all the time and missed the playoffs so much under Shanny ever use that BS line again I'm going right to the 60% number from Rev's post....

If you don't understand how good 60% of the time making the playoffs is in this league with the parody and turnover you are as dense as gold ...

Well put...I would take Shanny's record any day! We never went through a stretch of 4-14 with Shanny like we are right now...even when we had to get running backs from a cell phone store in a mall with 6 RB on IR!

Lev Vyvanse
10-31-2010, 09:45 PM

I think you're in the clear. Almost no one will say "we was" when talking about stats from the past. They might use "we were" though. For example, people might say "we were promised jetpacks", but not say "we was promised jetpacks".

TDmvp
10-31-2010, 09:58 PM
I think you're in the clear. Almost no one will say "we was" when talking about stats from the past. They might use "we were" though. For example, people might say "we were promised jetpacks", but not say "we was promised jetpacks".

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/21/grammar-nazi.jpg

Lev Vyvanse
10-31-2010, 10:00 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/21/grammar-nazi.jpg

Those who were promised jetpacks.

TDmvp
10-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Those who were promised jetpacks.

Hilarious!
touché , well played even hehe ...

Cito Pelon
10-31-2010, 11:02 PM

Yeah, it's been quite a while. Very irritating. Need DL, LB, S, RB, TE.

NFLBRONCO
10-31-2010, 11:05 PM
Why do teams like the Patriots and Steelers not have to get worse to get better? The Broncos need to draft better, make better moves in the offseason and not hire a coach with no experience and Noah's Ark worth of arrogance!
At this point it's going to take a lot of time to make the team better. By the time this happens, guys like Champ, Dawkins and D.J. will be old or out of the league. We shipped out what little talent we had in Marshall and Hillis and unfortunately, there have been some circumstances which were a tragedy (deaths) that can't be replaced. You can still be a decent team with injuries and sub-par talent if you have a good head coach. Unfortunately for the Broncos, they have none of that now!

I agree we do need to make better choices on players.

Cito Pelon
11-01-2010, 12:36 AM
In the Shanahan Era:

Well, things were winding down a little bit 2006-2008 with Shanny at the helm, right? The D needed a near total rebuild, it was bad - needed 3 DL's, 3LB's, 3 S's. The OL also needed youth at LG, C, and RB. The team needed depth at WR.

That's about 15 players that had to be brought onto the team, 12 of them starters. Whether or not Shanny & Co. could have done that in two years I guess is what you're arguing.

I say relax and let's see how it plays out.

I like some of the players McXanders have brought onto the team, you do also, so just relax and lets see how it plays out.

TheChamp24
11-01-2010, 08:12 AM
If Shanahan stayed, our offense IMO would be lights out right now, about as good as you can get. Sure, Cutler would piss us off with dumb throws, but we'd still be rocking a good offense.
The only question I have with Shanahan is the defense.
Funny how in less than 2 years McDaniels has turned a promising, young offense into a strictly passing attack that can't score.

Rohirrim
11-01-2010, 08:29 AM
In the Shanahan Era:

The Shanahan Era?

I like to think of it as The Elway Era.

Once Elway was gone, the Shanahan Era came back down to Earth. ;D

colonelbeef
11-01-2010, 08:30 AM

and yet somehow retards like you would yell and scream at posters like me who saw it coming all along, calling us bad fans, etc.

I will consider your apology whenever you are ready to submit it for my approval

TonyR
11-01-2010, 08:35 AM
The ones like me who thought it was time for Shanny to move on and still have zero problem with it. At the same time don't blame us for present shape of team either because if I remember correctly 80% of us (Including myself wanted Spags) not McD's.

Yup, this is where I'm at. Still okay with Shanahan being let go and yet not sure Bowlen and Ellis made the right choice for his replacement. So everybody is right and everybody is wrong. But if it makes you Shanahan nuthuggers feel better to bash those of who were okay with him being let go then carry on. Just remember, we didn't hire Josh McDaniels.

edog24
11-01-2010, 08:37 AM
After seeing how well Kubiak is doing, I am thinking we really missed the boat trying to retain him for the future while Shanny's ship started to sink.

Merlin
11-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Well, things were winding down a little bit 2006-2008 with Shanny at the helm, right? The D needed a near total rebuild, it was bad - needed 3 DL's, 3LB's, 3 S's. The OL also needed youth at LG, C, and RB. The team needed depth at WR.
Defense needed a clean up...that being said, the best players today are all from the Shanny era, and that is despite the boatload of picks this FO has had in the past two drafts.

The OL when Shanny left was considered one of the best in the league, the C and LG had enough tread on them that Shanny would have been able to replace them...oh wait, he is using one of the those young guys in his Washington OL, which stunk when he came in (and it is still poor), but it is doing better than ours.
WR had to of the youngest and most dynamic WR in the NFL. McD has screwed up Royal and gotten rid of the beast.
RBs - the two young guys McD cut are doing far better than the ones he used a high draft choice on, and traded a decent draft choice for.

With out the benefit of the draft and FAs in the past couple of yrs Shanny left the OL, RBs, WR in an incredibly strong position. The fact that useless coaches and petulant HCs have decimated the team should not be considered.

PS Popps, the Redskins are doing better than last yr, better than Denver (despite having far less talent), and McN needed to be benched to get his head on the game. Shanny has done a pretty good job of coaching there, and for you to suggest otherwise shows that once again you are being blinded from by McDs junk around your eyes. If McD had done as decent a coaching job here as Shanny is doing there, we would be in first place in the putrid AFCW. Instead we are the bottom dwellers in one of the worst divisions in the NFL...now that takes some serious coaching and trading considering all the draft picks and talent he had and has.

colonelbeef
11-01-2010, 09:14 AM

Barely into his tenure... his team is falling apart and he's benched his high-profile QB at a crucial time in a loss... to Detroit, no less.

shanahan has matched last years' win total less than halfway into this season, is developing the same run game that we now dream of, drafted another killer LT, and is in the mix for a wild card in a much tougher division than the one the Broncos play in.

You, once again, are totally lost.

Rashomon
11-01-2010, 09:23 AM

Obviously it hasn't dawned on you yet that .500 from the 2009 season is going to be the highwater mark of the McDaniels tenure in Denver.

tsiguy96
11-01-2010, 09:27 AM
our identity is kyle orton. woulda had 3 TDs last year if gaffney/lloyd woulda finished their plays. two big throws stopped at 1 yard line.

broncosteven
11-01-2010, 09:50 AM
... Just remember, we didn't hire Josh McDaniels.

But you bashed those of us that questioned mCd's ablity or moves and went out of your way to critize and belittle anyone who questioned mCd's Author-A-TIE, as Cartman would say.

After a 2-6 start and 2 embarrassing losses you brownshirts are falling off the mCd bandwagon and all of sudden your starting to cover your tracks by saying you really wanted Spags after blinding sticking up for mCd over all the drama and bad football for the past 2 years.

I expected the mCd brownshirts to stick it out longer before falling off the wagon.

broncosteven
11-01-2010, 10:27 AM

This reminds me of my a scene in my kids daycare. There was a kid being changed who **** all down his leg and the cargivers were wiping all of this kids crap up off his legs and putting his crap filled pants into a plastic bag and while all this crap cleanup was going on the kid getting changed was pointing to another kid and said "teacher tommy is picking his nose!"

jhns
11-01-2010, 10:30 AM
our identity is kyle orton. woulda had 3 TDs last year if gaffney/lloyd woulda finished their plays. two big throws stopped at 1 yard line.

You back Orton by saying he should have had 3 TDs last year? Hmmmm...

Anyways, that is how it works with Orton. The only way to defend him is make excuses and blame others. It is all that has happened since he got here....

bronco militia
11-01-2010, 10:35 AM

that is awesome :rofl:

this sucks :(

jhns
11-01-2010, 10:37 AM
shanahan has matched last years' win total less than halfway into this season, is developing the same run game that we now dream of, drafted another killer LT, and is in the mix for a wild card in a much tougher division than the one the Broncos play in.

You, once again, are totally lost.

Isn't it funny how the real hardcore(Popps claim) fans are the ones that spin everything McDaniels(a guy that has never done a thing for this franchise) does into a great thing as they throw Shanahan(a guy that made this franchise what it is) under the bus? I don't think it will ever get old....

What is funny is Shanahan has a single offseason with a top 5 pick team and already has made them better than what McDaniels could do in two years with a .500 team. Shanahan has actually improved his team. Now the "hardcore" fans are claiming that he isn't doing a good job as they claim McDaniels is great? It would be nice if people would take advantage of the education they pay for through taxes in this country. The stupidity is what is bringing this country down.

DawnBTVS
11-01-2010, 10:48 AM
As others have said in other threads, I think Denver has flashed potential here and there but just haven't been able to put it all together. This year overall has been strange (Dallas is 1-6, Carolina is 1-6, Minnesota is 2-5, Detroit is 2-5, and Cincinnati is 2-5).

Things worth noting...
- Lost to the Jaguars by 7. A team that just pasted a Kitna led Cowboys team.
- Rolled a Seattle team that has beaten San Diego and lost to Oakland as well.
- Held a pretty good Colts team to 20 points entering the 4th quarter.
- Beat a Titans team that has beaten 3 teams in the NFC East, albeit on a bit of a fluke recovery.
- Challenged the Jets and were up 17-10 entering the 4th quarter before losing.
- Held a mediocre 49ers team to just 3 points entering the 4th quarter before blowing the game.

The common factor seems to be that the Broncos are playing solid/winnable football for 3 quarters but haven't been able to sustain that momentum into and more importantly, through, the 4th quarter.

Lack of turnovers forced on defense (5 INT, 4 FR) doesn't help much when the offense does struggle here and there. But there has been promise shown in the ground game as well. Baby steps. Once Denver is able to consistently pound the ball and can run out the clock, the ground game should start improving overall.

- vs. The Jets: Denver ran for 145 yards as a team. Moreno had a 4.0 YPC on just 12 carries.
- vs. The Raiders: Moreno had a 3.79 YPC but did so on 14 carries despite the Broncos being blown out.
- vs. The 49ers: Moreno had a 3.64 YPC but again only had 11 carries.

edog24
11-01-2010, 10:54 AM
As others have said in other threads, I think Denver has flashed potential here and there but just haven't been able to put it all together. This year overall has been strange (Dallas is 1-6, Carolina is 1-6, Minnesota is 2-5, Detroit is 2-5, and Cincinnati is 2-5).

Things worth noting...
- Beat a Titans team that has beaten 3 teams in the NFC East, albeit on a bit of a fluke recovery.
- Held a mediocre 49ers team to just 3 points entering the 4th quarter before blowing the game.

The common factor seems to be that the Broncos are playing solid/winnable football for 3 quarters but haven't been able to sustain that momentum into and more importantly, through, the 4th quarter.

Lack of turnovers forced on defense (5 INT, 4 FR) doesn't help much when the offense does struggle here and there. But there has been promise shown in the ground game as well. Baby steps. Once Denver is able to consistently pound the ball and can run out the clock, the ground game should start improving overall.

- vs. The Jets: Denver ran for 145 yards as a team. Moreno had a 4.0 YPC on just 12 carries.
- vs. The Raiders: Moreno had a 3.79 YPC but did so on 14 carries despite the Broncos being blown out.

That's a good post. I expected to lose the niners game because of the mental beatdown they took from the Raiders loss. I am interested to see if the team has quit on McDaniels or if they can shake it off and get some quality wins and establish some integrity in this team. If they get blown out by KC then they have confirmed the former and the season is a total loss (if it's not already).

ZONA
11-01-2010, 11:58 AM

Diddo. Because resting on those 2 superbowl wins 12 years ago and being an average team with no real chance to win the superbowl again for some 10 yars now has felt so great compared to this. Look, it might take sucking badly a year or 2 for things to turn around. I am not missing the Shanny teams at all. I understand this team with the injuries and new young players was going to struggle. Now throw in some F'd up calls by the ref and it is what it is. I'm certainly not going to cry and moan like some little bitch fan. People around here need to stop their frickin crying about how McD is such a bad guy and grow a set. It's bad right now yeah, but look what we've had to deal with and give it some more time.

Cito Pelon
11-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Defense needed a clean up...that being said, the best players today are all from the Shanny era, and that is despite the boatload of picks this FO has had in the past two drafts.

The OL when Shanny left was considered one of the best in the league, the C and LG had enough tread on them that Shanny would have been able to replace them...oh wait, he is using one of the those young guys in his Washington OL, which stunk when he came in (and it is still poor), but it is doing better than ours.
WR had to of the youngest and most dynamic WR in the NFL. McD has screwed up Royal and gotten rid of the beast.
RBs - the two young guys McD cut are doing far better than the ones he used a high draft choice on, and traded a decent draft choice for.

With out the benefit of the draft and FAs in the past couple of yrs Shanny left the OL, RBs, WR in an incredibly strong position. The fact that useless coaches and petulant HCs have decimated the team should not be considered.

PS Popps, the Redskins are doing better than last yr, better than Denver (despite having far less talent), and McN needed to be benched to get his head on the game. Shanny has done a pretty good job of coaching there, and for you to suggest otherwise shows that once again you are being blinded from by McDs junk around your eyes. If McD had done as decent a coaching job here as Shanny is doing there, we would be in first place in the putrid AFCW. Instead we are the bottom dwellers in one of the worst divisions in the NFL...now that takes some serious coaching and trading considering all the draft picks and talent he had and has.

Look Merlin, I'm not gonna cry over spilt milk. I can argue this both ways, and probably rant better than you, but I'm gonna try to stay positive and see how it looks after 16 games, not 8 games.

Things aren't looking pretty right now, but I'll have some patience before I throw the towel in.

tsiguy96
11-01-2010, 12:27 PM
You back Orton by saying he should have had 3 TDs last year? Hmmmm...

Anyways, that is how it works with Orton. The only way to defend him is make excuses and blame others. It is all that has happened since he got here....

*last game

Cito Pelon
11-01-2010, 12:45 PM

Things worth noting...

Good post.

Merlin
11-03-2010, 04:57 PM
but I'm gonna try to stay positive and see how it looks after 16 games, not 8 games.
I respect your takes Cito, even though we often don't agree, but my take comes from the last 18 games...but nothing would make me happier than be totally wrong on this one, and your patience be right...if McD could only give a sign in the right direction...

Hamrob
11-03-2010, 05:52 PM
I'll always think that Pat made a mistake firing Shanny. For everything they had been through together...he should have allowed him to coach his contract out. After the Chargers game in 2008, Shanny said that he would not change his D-coordinator. That pissed me off...but, I still thought we would be much improved in 2009. It would have been Cutler's 3rd year starting in that system, and our Offense was special.

I was shocked when Shanny was let go. I thought it was something a crazy old geezer (see Al Davis) would do. But, it happened.

I then teetered back and forth between McD and Spags for our next HC. I sided with McD...because I thought he would be a good fit for both Cutler and Bates and that the Offense wouldn't lose a beat. Then when McD was hired and promptly hired Nolan...I started to think...well now. Then, the Cutler ordeal happened and that was terribly handled and I thought...come on.

McD took over a team that had one thing going for it...it's offense...and he completely dismantled it and then shot his entire wad on offensive talent. The guy had over 10 picks in the first 3 rounds the last two years and he drafts a LB in Ayers, a Safety in McBath and a Corner in Smith.

Where we're at today? Our offense is less talented and less productive then the one we had in 2008 and I can't believe this is possible...but, both our Special teams and Defense have regressed as well.

We are worse than we were 2yrs ago. How many coaches keep their jobs when they take over a team and regress over 2yrs. Most often, they get fired.

So, here we are, we either fire McD and start all over again. Or, we keep McD, who obviously has no clue as to what he's trying to accomplish and cross our fingers. Kyle Orton is not our future, for McD's sake, he needs to hope that Tebow can take over this team next season and inject some energy and excitement into a franchise that is at a 30yr low. That's a huge task and most likely not going to happen.

Our best bet, is to cut our losses now, bring in a new (experienced) coach (maybe Cowher), let them utilize this coming draft, make us competitive again next season and hope that things are back to Broncos football in 2012!

bendog
11-04-2010, 08:53 AM
The Shanahan Era?

I like to think of it as The Elway Era.

Once Elway was gone, the Shanahan Era came back down to Earth. ;D

110 W 69 L

10 years - 3 in the playoffs.

IT SUCKED WE;RE GETTUBG BETTER AND A SUPERBOWL NEXT YEAR IS NOT JUST POSSIBLE BUT LIKELY

tsiguy96
11-04-2010, 09:02 AM
110 W 69 L

10 years - 3 in the playoffs.

IT SUCKED WE;RE GETTUBG BETTER AND A SUPERBOWL NEXT YEAR IS NOT JUST POSSIBLE BUT LIKELY

:rofl: