PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What annoys you the most about the season thus far?

bronco0608
10-31-2010, 08:53 PM
Worst thing about the season so far?

1. Alphonso Smith turning into Asante Samuel.

2. Our pourous run defense/overall defense/4th quarter defensive breakdowns.

3. Our lack of mental toughness.

4. Mcd's play calling.

5. The injuries.

6. Our record.

7. Other (please explain)

Requiem
10-31-2010, 09:00 PM
I don't know if there is a most.

Giving up on Smith and seeing him tear it up on the outside in Detroit is absolutely devastating.

I am not pleased with our third down conversion rates, and especially our lack of running the ball. I understand that we haven't been running it well, but you can't win games if you cannot be physical and wear other teams down. It is just unacceptable.

Even if you polish a turd, it is still a turd.

This season has been embarrassing.

bronco0608
10-31-2010, 09:01 PM
I can take the losses; hell, every team goes through that every once in a while. But trading away a CB who is beasting it up for virtually nothing? Now that gets gets my goat.

I mean, whhhyyy??? At least when a team loses you can play your young guns and give you hope for next season. But, Cassius Vaughn and Joe Mays aint getting me excited.

THIS ****ING SUCKS.

Why Alphonso, WHY? Why couldn't you have just sucked. I mean, we traded you away for NOTHING?

Did we even get a draft pick for Alphonso? This sucks

BroncoDoug
10-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Other... I'm just frustrated because I can see where we can be a good team, we can hang with anyone, but then it all falls apart in a matter of minutes... and we look like we don't even know how to do a simple center snap...

McDman
10-31-2010, 09:03 PM
I can take the losses; hell, every team goes through that every once in a while. But trading away a CB who is beasting it up for virtually nothing. Now that gets gets my goat.

I mean, whhhyyy??? At least when a team loses you can play your young guns and give you hope for next season. But, Cassius Vaughn and Joe Mays aint getting me excited.

THIS ****ING SUCKS.

Why Alphonso, WHY? Why couldn't you have just sucked. I mean, we traded you away for NOTHING?

Did we even get a draft pick for Alphonso? This sucks

It kinda feels like Smith had given up here, maybe the change of scenery really helped him.

oubronco
10-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Defense by far, we can't seem to stop a fat man from rolling downhill

Dr. Broncenstein
10-31-2010, 09:28 PM
Besides the fact that this team is a train wreck and in a dead heat with Buffalo for the league's worst?

I'd have to go with the contingent of posters who are butthurt over Alphonso Smith while simultaneously hammering the nearly identical sentiment regarding Hillis.

broncocalijohn
10-31-2010, 09:36 PM
why wasnt it multiple choice? One that wasnt mentioned is the fact that we dont score in the first quarter. If we cant figure them out at the beginning of the game and have a full week to anaylize, how can we do much better adjusting during the game?

spdirty
10-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Just the feeling that this team is helpless and being run by a bunch of incompetents, then the fact that there doesn't seem like there is anything to look forward to, until we get someone in here who knows what the hell they are doing. The fact that this team has sunken so low that when Lloyd gets a big gain, rather than jumping up and down pumping my fist, instead I sit there and say "oh, cool." I no longer have the passion that I use to have, mainly because we now are irrellevant doormats.

But its more depressing than annoying. :(

broncosteven
10-31-2010, 09:39 PM
All of the above?

Taco John
10-31-2010, 09:40 PM
It's hard to pinpoint any one thing, but I think McD's playcalling has been pretty suspect. Watching drives that consist of 8 passes from the shotgun in a row at times is mind numbing.

Pick Six
10-31-2010, 09:42 PM
A lack of running game irritates me. That used to be the staple of the Denver Broncos. I think Orton's our leading rusher...:spit:

SoCalBronco
10-31-2010, 09:42 PM
Besides the fact that this team is a train wreck and in a dead heat with Buffalo for the league's worst?

I'd have to go with the contingent of posters who are butthurt over Alphonso Smith while simultaneously hammering the nearly identical sentiment regarding Hillis.

I'm tempted to make a thread around the general assertion that Denver would have ended up in the AFCCG in 2008 if Hillis hadn't been hurt (just to get a reaction out of people for my own amusement). :)

Actually, on a serious note, I DID vote for Hillis for the Pro Bowl today.

TheProfessor
10-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Besides the total body pain that comes from the season being a disaster of epic proportions... The hardest thing to watch is our coach go from boy wonder at this time last year to an overmatched kid who is just trying to hang on for dear life.

Right about now, Pat Bowlen has to be wondering just what he has gotten himself into.

KevinJames
10-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Alphonso Smith really is turning into Asante Samuel.

this guy absolutely shut down hakeem nicks 2 weeks ago and than a few weeks before that held Greg Jennings down too.

man it sucks seeing this kid turn into a star.

broncosteven
10-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Besides the total body pain that comes from the season being a disaster of epic proportions... The hardest thing to watch is our coach go from boy wonder at this time last year to an overmatched kid who is just trying to hang on for dear life.

Right about now, Pat Bowlen has to be wondering just what he has gotten himself into.

Watch his post game presser, he just about lost it, then reigned it in.

bpc
10-31-2010, 09:58 PM
1. How absolutely pathetic the run game has been. McDaniels chased Turner/Dennison while bagging on the ZBS for this pile of **** system?

2. 19 ppg, good for 23rd in the league. Thought you were going to fix that Josh? You're a bum and a liar.

3. All Bronco fans were hood-Winked when McDaniels got jealous of Mike Nolan's success and chased him from the team. It was called "mutual" but it wreaked of the same bull**** that got other people/coaches ran out of Denver.

4. DL sucks. We signed more spare-parts. Some of which were paid more than the last one's we just replaced.

5. DB's are starting to get old and injured... about what most predicted last year when we went out and signed a bunch of thirty'somethings.

6. Two McD draft classes and they've for the most part all sucked, busted or have been ran off. What is Knowshon at now, 47 ypg over his career? Ayers, injured. Alphonso Smith, looking like a stud for the Lions, all the safeties, nothing. Tebow's chillin on the bench, Demarius Thomas at 6'5" 235 Lbs is being suicided on kick return duty... all the physicality the new offensive linemen were supposed to bring to this roster and I haven't seen much from any of them.... RICHARD QUINNNNNNNNN!!!!! Basically a whole lotta suck going on here.

BigPlayShay
10-31-2010, 10:10 PM
Penalties.

Garcia Bronco
10-31-2010, 10:31 PM
Procedural penalties. Offside..illegal formation... Too many men on the field.....it's ****ing stupid. Show some damn discipline.

rmsanger
10-31-2010, 10:33 PM
lack of a running game / nough said

Popps
10-31-2010, 10:41 PM

Should have been an option.

Injuries a close second. Take those away, and I think the defense is much more respectable.

DomCasual
10-31-2010, 10:57 PM
I can't stand that we took consistently good, if not great running game, and we made it the worst in the league. And we did it with essentially 60% of the pieces in place for the transition (Clady, Kuper, and Harris - until he was benched).

yerner
10-31-2010, 11:02 PM
I really hated the Maroney deal. It was pointless. I know it's only a 4th rounder.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2010, 11:07 PM
Defense by far, we can't seem to stop a fat man from rolling downhill

Forget downhill, our D could f up a wet dream.

serious hops
10-31-2010, 11:46 PM

Procedural penalties. Offside..illegal formation... Too many men on the field.....it's ****ing stupid. Show some damn discipline.

Pretty much these two. The disintegration of the O-line is disappointing, even with the injuries.

hambone13
10-31-2010, 11:52 PM
Watch his post game presser, he just about lost it, then reigned it in.

link? is it on the standard site?

NFLBRONCO
11-01-2010, 12:00 AM
toughness and stupid mistakes by our vets.

strafen
11-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Worst thing about the season so far?

1. Alphonso Smith turning into Asante Samuel.

2. Our pourous run defense/overall defense/4th quarter defensive breakdowns.

3. Our lack of mental toughness.

4. Mcd's play calling.

5. The injuries.

6. Our record.

7. Other (please explain)
7. Other (please explain): Kyle Orton
I've said it before and I'll say it again...
Kyle Orton sucks balls.

NFLBRONCO
11-01-2010, 12:36 AM
7. Other (please explain): Kyle Orton
I've said it before and I'll say it again...
Kyle Orton sucks balls.

Esp in the clutch

strafen
11-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Esp in the clutch

Take your orange-colored glasses off, and you too can see it right before your eyes.
Trust me! :thumbsup:

fontaine
11-01-2010, 06:17 AM
1. Josh gifting the Pats a 4th rounder on a RB that the entire NFL knew was flawed and is no longer part of the team now after just a few weeks.

2. Realizing our D coordinator can't get 11 guys on the field.

3. Realizing how Josh got a butt hurt over Mike Nolan's playcalling and pretty much ended any chance of Nolan staying here longer.

4. Watching our OL get dominated in the run game.

5. Watching our OL get dominated in the passing game.

6. Watching our OL get dominated while Kyle Orton runs for his life and McDaniels is already thinking about the next pass play to call.

7. Watching our OL get dominated as McD's now hollow promise about fixing the trenches is going into his 2nd season and getting worse.

tsiguy96
11-01-2010, 07:06 AM
penalties and turnovers. the team is hard to define, but these two are the worst, by far.

go_broncos
11-01-2010, 07:10 AM
1. Josh gifting the Pats a 4th rounder on a RB that the entire NFL knew was flawed and is no longer part of the team now after just a few weeks.

2. Realizing our D coordinator can't get 11 guys on the field.

3. Realizing how Josh got a butt hurt over Mike Nolan's playcalling and pretty much ended any chance of Nolan staying here longer.

4. Watching our OL get dominated in the run game.

5. Watching our OL get dominated in the passing game.

6. Watching our OL get dominated while Kyle Orton runs for his life and McDaniels is already thinking about the next pass play to call.

7. Watching our OL get dominated as McD's now hollow promise about fixing the trenches is going into his 2nd season and getting worse.

8. Trading Hillis..

tsiguy96
11-01-2010, 07:12 AM
dont know if anyone realizes just how bad nolans defense was for 10 games last year. it was bad. is this year significantly better? no, but the point still stands.

baja
11-01-2010, 07:18 AM
dont know if anyone realizes just how bad nolans defense was for 10 games last year. it was bad. is this year significantly better? no, but the point still stands.

He also had a healthy doom & ayers and very few D players missed time last season.

Jesterhole
11-01-2010, 07:19 AM
The McDaneils lovers like Popps, Baja and Dagmar are the worst. Horrible fans that love to call out other fans because they hate our garbage coach. Kool aid drinkers that would do us all a favor by never, ever posting again.

Jesterhole
11-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Oh, and McDaniels trading away all the talent on this team, and replacing it with the likes of Maroney, and his inability to get along with the Nolan because McDaniels is such a f-ing douche.

fontaine
11-01-2010, 07:25 AM

Yes it was pretty bad just like you say. But I'd still take Mike Nolan over a DC who can't get 11 guys on the field consistently.

Mike Nolan is exactly the kind of coach we need in Denver. A smart, experienced guy who knows how to get the best out of the talent there.

Martindale hasn't even come close to showing a fraction of that. All he's done is be a yes man to Josh, and show he has problems getting 11 guys on the field.

fontaine
11-01-2010, 07:27 AM
Oh, and McDaniels trading away all the talent on this team, and replacing it with the likes of Maroney, and his inability to get along with the Nolan because McDaniels is such a f-ing douche.

A bit harsh but this is a worry. Turner/Dennison/Nolan aren't immature prima donnas like Marshall/Cutler.

Yet they either chose to leave or simply couldn't work it out with McDaniels.

Only highly respected, winning guys like Parcells etc can get away with being that way. Guys like Mike Martz and McDaniels can't.

HorseHead
11-01-2010, 07:30 AM
I love my team, love the game. It sucks bal-s to be 2-6. Maybe some guys can get healthy the next two weeks....maybe I can find some pain killling drugs...

The irony here: two of the most storied franchises (SF, Den), playing in a diffrerent country, and no one here gave a shiat...it's sad really.

colonelbeef
11-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Poor coaching X bad players

This is the most disappointing thing

baja
11-02-2010, 01:05 AM
The McDaneils lovers like Popps, Baja and Dagmar are the worst. Horrible fans that love to call out other fans because they hate our garbage coach. Kool aid drinkers that would do us all a favor by never, ever posting again.

I don't know but it looks like you're the one calling out other fans.

By the way are you gonna be pissed when we beat KC?

BTW I love how you guys chose such appropriate names for yourselves. I your case Clown Hole. ;D Sweet!

Mountain Bronco
11-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Fans that are proud of this team. I don't care what talent or coach you have, this team shows nothing to be proud of. Winning isn't the everything, it is the only thing.

Seriously, it is hard to pick the most disapointing thing, but the D and O lines are really bad. The O line is the hardest to take though, because we were spoiled with a lot of good O lines over the past 20 years in Denver, so that is the hardest thing.

broncosteven
11-02-2010, 09:46 AM
link? is it on the standard site?

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/49ers-Postgame-McDaniels/12df9ecd-6cbf-4822-a742-cf91a099aaf4

Natedog24
11-02-2010, 09:53 AM
A lack of running game irritates me. That used to be the staple of the Denver Broncos. I think Orton's our leading rusher...:spit:

This, especially in short yardage situations...

Smiling Assassin27
11-02-2010, 09:57 AM
This team was beaten on a 4th down hail mary. It was also burned badly on a hail mary from Troy Freakin' Smith. The Raiders jumped on us 21-0 and the team wilted like a flower. They went into Baltimore and the Ravens took their lunch money like a little girl. They went into JAX against a bad team and wilted in the sun.

Most of the losses have hinged/turned on a play or two in which, if we make it, we likely win. When the chips are pushed to the middle, we don't get it done. That is mental weakness paired with talent that's not good enough to have mental breakdowns. In short, we fail when the moment of truth comes in just about every game this year, be it on the field or on the sideline. 75% of our failure lies between the ears.

baja
11-02-2010, 12:26 PM
This team was beaten on a 4th down hail mary. It was also burned badly on a hail mary from Troy Freakin' Smith. The Raiders jumped on us 21-0 and the team wilted like a flower. They went into Baltimore and the Ravens took their lunch money like a little girl. They went into JAX against a bad team and wilted in the sun.

Most of the losses have hinged/turned on a play or two in which, if we make it, we likely win. When the chips are pushed to the middle, we don't get it done. That is mental weakness paired with talent that's not good enough to have mental breakdowns. In short, we fail when the moment of truth comes in just about every game this year, be it on the field or on the sideline. 75% of our failure lies between the ears.

These things you point out are true but doesn't this happen when you do a ground floor rebuild while you are on the way up?

We can stop the mistakes

The young guys will get better

The unlucky calls and plays will go out way sometimes

I think the biggest issue keeping us from 4 and 4 is Orton (although playing lights out for him) does not have the mental make up to rise to the occasion and make a play when he needs to and on a team with this skill set you need your QB to be able to do that in order to win.

baja
11-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Oh and I'm not calling out Kyle here. He is playing better than anyone thought he would and should be the starting QB for the rest of the season or until Josh thinks Tebow is near ready.

Greatspirits
11-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Penalties and turnovers has cost us at least 2 maybe 3 wins this year!

colonelbeef
11-02-2010, 05:15 PM
poor coaching, a lack of talent on both sides of the ball, a lack of leadership, zero heart, zero run game, no defense up the middle, multiple draft picks completely pissed away, Bowlen MIA, a #1 draft pick spent on an option QB, losing a star HB in the making for absolute garbage, a total lack of discipline in all phases of the game, on and on and on and on and on

baja
11-02-2010, 05:18 PM
poor coaching, a lack of talent on both sides of the ball, a lack of leadership, zero heart, zero run game, no defense up the middle, multiple draft picks completely pissed away, Bowlen MIA, a #1 draft pick spent on an option QB, losing a star HB in the making for absolute garbage, a total lack of discipline in all phases of the game,<b> on and on and on and on and on

I agree with the bolded part when it comes to you.

colonelbeef
11-02-2010, 05:20 PM
I agree with the bolded part when it comes to you.

I love when people like you whine, makes pointing out facts that much more fun for me, really. :-*

baja
11-02-2010, 05:36 PM
I love when people like you whine, makes pointing out facts that much more fun for me, really. :-*

I'm glad to bring you some fun. There's not enough of that going around these days. ;D

Broncomutt
11-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Yes it was pretty bad just like you say. But I'd still take Mike Nolan over a DC who can't get 11 guys on the field consistently.

Maybe we just need to hire ole "Wink" an assistant.

Lomax
11-03-2010, 02:07 AM
poor coaching, a lack of talent on both sides of the ball, a lack of leadership, zero heart, zero run game, no defense up the middle, multiple draft picks completely pissed away, Bowlen MIA, a #1 draft pick spent on an option QB, losing a star HB in the making for absolute garbage, a total lack of discipline in all phases of the game, on and on and on and on and on

I see it pretty close to this. If I had to pick one thing (there are many), it would be awful mis-managing of draft picks and talent. Trading away valuable picks and players for 3rd stringers. Bringing in seemingly half of our FAs from the AFC East. Missing on half of our draft picks from last season.

Based on our track record assessing and managing talent, I wouldn't be surprised if Tebow doesn't start here at all. It would not be out of character for McD to let him ride the pine for two years and then trade him for peanuts. I can't help but feel like our FO is playing Franchise Mode in Madden rather than building an actual team.

Old Dude
11-03-2010, 12:54 PM
The injuries have been really discouraging.

First Clady in a stupid basketball game. And I don't think he's yet back to 100% I wonder if he ever will be the same.

Then Doom, right after signing the big contract.

(Ayers steps up and then HE gets knocked out for weeks.)

D. Thomas - could sure have used some more reps in camp & preseason.

The whole O-line was banged up at one point or another - except for Harris - who then got hurt at the end.

And then there was Goodman who got hurt at the worst time, and we were repeatedly torched as a result. No pass rush. And 3/4ths of our starting secondary out = trouble.

Running backs getting hurt left and right.

You can say every team has to deal with injuries, but let's not fool ourselves. Denver has taken a beating this year, right from the first day.

--------------

But my biggest disappointment in terms of the overall performance hads been the offensive line and every phase of it - run blocking, blitz and stunt adjustments, dumb penalties, botched snaps. I'd really hoped that the youngsters could improve as the year went on, and that he whole group would gain better coordination and cohesion.

That does not seem to have happened and if it happens at all this year, Denver will have 10 losses before it does.

PRBronco
11-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Other: The degeneration of the Mane and my inability to find somewhere better to do my internetting :(