PDA

View Full Version : Is it officially Chiefs week around here?

Bob's your Information Minister
10-31-2010, 04:26 PM
We'll be talking Raiders over at Chiefsplanet, but I thought you guys would appreciate some Super Bowl talk.

This is going to be your Super Bowl, right? I mean, after what we did last year, taking a giant crap in your living room and slipping out the back with the keys, you have to want this game more than any other on your schedule, right?

Admit it, you want this game.

I'm not sure what to think about this game. Obviously the Broncos suck. But the Chiefs, as good as they are, are limited by their quarterback. Cassel is just terrible, can't throw downfield to save his life and almost lost a game against a winless team today.

If the Bills can come into Arrowhead and scare us, the Broncos can beat the Chiefs in Denver.

Or we could just hand the ball to Jamaal Charles on every play.

http://i53.tinypic.com/14loy01.gif

See you in two weeks! I'll pop into this thread every few days to see if you guys have any fight left in you.

Rohirrim
10-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Today, I taught my oldest son my secret quacamole recipe. It was a wonderful moment.

Popps
10-31-2010, 04:28 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dJylj_lumkc/Sw6be8EdSQI/AAAAAAAAAEk/zO1YVpaoKzQ/s1600/really-fat-guy-on-computer.jpg

chawknz
10-31-2010, 04:39 PM
I just used Google Maps to find an address.

Pick Six
10-31-2010, 06:04 PM
This will be a very important bye week. So...no. It's not Chiefs week...Hilarious!

SoCalBronco
10-31-2010, 06:12 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ldKMY109rc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ldKMY109rc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

oubronco
10-31-2010, 06:14 PM
http://www.toplessrobot.com/nachos.jpg

HILife
10-31-2010, 06:37 PM

That looks delicious, it's making me hunger.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-31-2010, 06:39 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ldKMY109rc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ldKMY109rc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

HAHA nice

Ambiguous
10-31-2010, 07:37 PM
that looks delicious, it's making me hunger.

i am absolute hungar for that

loborugger
10-31-2010, 08:22 PM
I am having humus and crackers tonight. Kinda a snack dinner on Sunday night. Oh, and having Mexican Coke made with the sugar.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2010, 08:24 PM
I ordered pizza to my hotel room in Steamboat. I am absolute hungar.

El Ju
10-31-2010, 08:28 PM
What did you guys give out for Halloween? Kit Kat and Crunch bars at our house.

Greatspirits
10-31-2010, 09:17 PM
Nerds, Dots and Laffy Taffy!

HILife
10-31-2010, 09:46 PM
I am having humus and crackers tonight. Kinda a snack dinner on Sunday night. Oh, and having Mexican Coke made with the sugar.

I love these drinks. Soda taste so much better with real sugar. They are also fruit flavored which taste so much better then a cola.
http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/entertainment_impact/2009/04/large_jarritos.jpg

HILife
10-31-2010, 09:50 PM
I ordered pizza to my hotel room in Steamboat. I am absolute hungar.

Funny I ordered pizza today too. Papa Johns. Who you get?

loborugger
10-31-2010, 10:03 PM
I love these drinks. Soda taste so much better with real sugar. They are also fruit flavored which taste so much better then a cola.
http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/entertainment_impact/2009/04/large_jarritos.jpg

Ya, only in the US is it made with corn syrup.

I dont know if you like to knock a few back, but mixing Jack or your favorite rum with sugar based Coke is so much tastier than the corn syrup crap.

Spider
10-31-2010, 10:53 PM
dayum now I am hungry ...........

HILife
10-31-2010, 10:59 PM
Ya, only in the US is it made with corn syrup.

I dont know if you like to knock a few back, but mixing Jack or your favorite rum with sugar based Coke is so much tastier than the corn syrup crap.

Jack and Coke is part of my rotation. I haven't tried it with a sugar cola. What sugar cola is out there I can try it with?

loborugger
10-31-2010, 11:13 PM
Jack and Coke is part of my rotation. I haven't tried it with a sugar cola. What sugar cola is out there I can try it with?

I get the Mexican Coke at Costco. Its pricey, no doubt. Also Jones Soda is Canadian, so it has sugar.

cutthemdown
10-31-2010, 11:26 PM
It's officially spoiler mode for Denver and then on to next yr. Try and let Orton and Lloyd keep the big yr going so they can be confident heading into next yr. Get the young WR Thomas and Decker up to speed more, get doom back, hit the draft and try again next yr.

But we can still upset the chiefs.

ZachKC
11-01-2010, 08:45 AM
lol @ at the knitting circle in this thread on a football forum.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-01-2010, 08:49 AM
lol @ at the knitting circle in this thread on a football forum.

lol @ you having to come in to play e-cop to every thread.

Show us your tits, Zachy.

ZachKC
11-01-2010, 08:55 AM
lol @ you having to come in to play e-cop to every thread.

Show us your boobies, Zachy.

You still don't get it do you.

You think I am trying to change the way threads go when in reality I am laughing that you guys can't talk about football with a rival team.

You let someone else get you so worked up you just act like a pack of women. I am all about Denver fans looking more silly not less. I encourage all of this.

Mile High Shack
11-01-2010, 08:57 AM
http://www.maniacworld.com/i-like-turtles.jpg
I like Turtles

Greatspirits
11-01-2010, 10:25 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dJylj_lumkc/Sw6be8EdSQI/AAAAAAAAAEk/zO1YVpaoKzQ/s1600/really-fat-guy-on-computer.jpg

Slob, is that you!

HILife
11-01-2010, 10:42 AM
I get the Mexican Coke at Costco. Its pricey, no doubt. Also Jones Soda is Canadian, so it has sugar.

I bet Whole Foods would have it too. I'll check there as well.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-01-2010, 10:53 AM
You still don't get it do you.

You think I am trying to change the way threads go when in reality I am laughing that you guys can't talk about football with a rival team.

You let someone else get you so worked up you just act like a pack of women. I am all about Denver fans looking more silly not less. I encourage all of this.

Oh, pardon me, Zach. Please, by all means, continue your regulation of Denver Broncos messageboards around the world. Your efforts will not go unnoticed. Thank you, Internet Policeman Zach.

briane
11-01-2010, 11:05 AM
I wasnt hungar before thread, but now I super hungar. need food now!

ZachKC
11-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Oh, pardon me, Zach. Please, by all means, continue your regulation of Denver Broncos messageboards around the world. Your efforts will not go unnoticed. Thank you, Internet Policeman Zach.

Maybe I should be more fair. If I just lost to the 49'ers and got raped in my own house by the Raiders I wouldn't want to talk football either.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Maybe I should be more fair. If I just lost to the 49'ers and got raped in my own house by the Raiders I wouldn't want to talk football either.

"I"??? So, on top of being the Internet Police, now you think you're part of a team? "I" don't play for the Broncos, Paul Blart.

ZONA
11-01-2010, 01:18 PM
http://www.leafygreen.info/images/PINEAPPLE.jpg

ZachKC
11-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Bump in case anyone around here isn't too much of a pussy to talk football.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Bump in case anyone around here isn't too much of a p***Y to talk football.

Bump? It's like the 8th thread down.

Yeah, Zach - you and your little butt buddy, Bob, are really interested in breaking down hardcore X's and O's. Everything about you guys screams "All I do is talk serious football!". Bitch, please.

ZachKC
11-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Bump? It's like the 8th thread down.

Yeah, Zach - you and your little butt buddy, Bob, are really interested in breaking down hardcore X's and O's. Everything about you guys screams "All I do is talk serious football!". b****, please.

Pussy.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-01-2010, 02:41 PM
p***Y.

How brave of you, Paul Blart.

driver
11-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Great big ol juicy chilli burger w/lots of chopped onion and grated jalapeno jack cheese.
Big cold draft to wash it down. MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmm.

chawknz
11-01-2010, 03:38 PM
I had a McRib for lunch. Not sure why people are so crazy about those things. They suck.

11-01-2010, 04:41 PM
It is pretty sad that you guys can't even talk football.

HAT
11-01-2010, 04:57 PM
You guys like cheesecake?

Chocolate (or White Chocolate) Cheesecake
chocolate cheesecake sliced open This recipe was adapted by Eric Postpischil from page 104 of Death by Chocolate by Marcel Desaulniers.
Notes
This is a long recipe with many steps. Do not let that stop you. I have found most of Desaulniers' recipes to be straightforward even though long.

This recipe uses half white chocolate and half semisweet. You can use all of one or any mixture, but half and half is a very nice combination.

This recipe calls for changing the oven temperature several times. Because of the low temperatures, I figured accuracy was important, so I used an oven thermometer and made sure it agreed with the oven control setting.

I give three choices for the crust. For the cookie crusts, I expect you can use almost any chocolate cookie, but I also give a separate recipe for those.

Chocolate: I use Callebaut for baking, which is available at Whole Foods Market. Most brands may work well.
Ingredients
White Chocolate Curls

* long white chocolate bar or block

Almond Crust

* 3 C sliced almonds (10 oz., 283 g)
* C sugar (100 g)
* 4 T unsalted butter (57 g)

Thick Chocolate Cookie Crust

* 10 Deep Dark Chocolate Fudge Cookies (207 g, 7.3 oz., 2 C chopped)
* 3 T and 1 t unsalted butter (47 g)

Thin Chocolate Cookie Crust

* 3 Deep Dark Chocolate Fudge Cookies (62 g, 2.2 oz., C chopped)
* 1 t unsalted butter (5 g)

Cheesecake

* 9 oz. white chocolate (255 g)
* 9 oz. semisweet chocolate (255 g)
* C heavy cream (116 g)
* 1 lb. cream cheese (794 g), softened
* 1 C granulated sugar (200 g)
* 1 t salt (optional, 5 cm3)
* 6 large eggs
* 1 t pure vanilla extract (5 cm3)

Chocolate Ganache

* 1/3 C heavy cream (78 g)
* 1 T unsalted butter (14 g)
* 1 T granulated sugar (12 g)
* 3 oz. semisweet chocolate (85 g)

Equipment

* measuring cups
* measuring spoons
* small nonstick saute pan
* 9"3" springform pan (about 23 cm 8 cm)
* food processor with metal blade
* stainless steel bowl
* double boiler with lid or film wrap
* whisk
* electric mixer with paddle
* rubber spatula
* baking sheet with sides
* instant-read test thermometer
* 1-quart (1.4 l) saucepan
* large cotton towel
* serrated knife
* vegetable peeler
* serving plate or cake circle
* a cake lifter and/or two spatulas

White Chocolate Curls

* long white chocolate bar or block

Warm the white chocolate. Marcel Desaulniers suggests leaving it between burners on the stove while other stuff is cooking. I warm the block in my microwave for 99 seconds on 10% power, but microwave ovens vary. You want the chocolate warmed only a little bit, so that it is firm but a bit flexible when peeled.

Once warmed, use a vegetable peeler to shave off curls. You can cut a bunch and save the curls for future recipes. Set aside two ounces (57 g) for the current cheesecake. If you are making the white chocolate cheesecake, you can use the remains of the block in the cheesecake.

You can skip the curls, but they make the cake look very fancy.
Almond Crust

* 3 C sliced almonds (10 oz., 283 g)

Chop the almonds in a food processor until very fine. Depending on the size of your food processor, you may need to do this in two batches.

* C sugar (100 g)

Add sugar and blend in food processor.

* 4 T unsalted butter (57 g)

Melt butter and add to almonds and sugar. The mixture should barely stick together.

Press the mixture around the side of a 9"3" springform pan. It may help to hold the pan vertically and rotate it as you press crumbs down onto the side of the pan. When the side is done, press the mixture onto the bottom of the pan. The quantities above are enough for a thick crust, so it is okay if you make a thinner crust and have some left over.

Place the pan in the freezer for 15 minutes. (You may leave it there 1 or 2 days, which I recommend to break up the work; the cheesecake takes all of an evening to bake.)
Thick Chocolate Cookie Crust

* 10 Deep Dark Chocolate Fudge Cookies (207 g, 7.3 oz., 2 C chopped)

Chop cookies in a food processor until very fine. Depending on the size of your food processor, you may need to do this in two batches.

* 3 to 4 T butter (43 to 57 g)

Melt butter and mix with cookies so that they barely stick together.

* 1 t chilled butter (5 g)

Coat the inside of a 9"3" springform pan with 1 t chilled butter (5 g).

Press the mixture around the side of a 9"3" springform pan. It may help to hold the pan vertically and rotate it as you press crumbs down onto the side of the pan. When the side is done, press the mixture onto the bottom of the pan.

Place the pan in the freezer for 15 minutes. (You may leave it there 1 or 2 days, which I recommend to break up the work; the cheesecake takes all of an evening to bake.)
Thin Chocolate Cookie Crust

* 3 Deep Dark Chocolate Fudge Cookies (62 g, 2.2 oz., C chopped)

Chop cookies in a food processor until very fine.

* 1 t chilled butter

Coat the inside of a 9"3" springform pan with 1 t chilled butter (5 g).

Dump cookie crumbs into springform pan and swirl to coat. You can alternately spray the pan with a baking spray and swirl the crumbs to get more to stick, but it is not necessary.

Cheesecake
Put the cream cheese out to soften.

Make sure the bottom rack of your oven is at least three inches below the center rack on which you will bake the cheesecake. Preheat the oven to 325F (163C).

* 9 oz. white chocolate (255 g)
* 9 oz. semisweet chocolate (255 g)

Break chocolate into pieces, perhaps oz. (14 g), for easy melting.

* C heavy cream (116 g)

Heat " of water in the bottom half of a double boiler over medium-high heat. Place the semisweet or white chocolate and heavy cream in the top half of the double boiler. Tightly cover the top with film wrap or put the lid on. Allow to heat for 10 to 12 minutes.

Stir to be sure all chocolate is melted or almost melted, then remove from heat and stir until smooth. Put aside.

* 1 lb. cream cheese (794 g), softened
* 1 C granulated sugar (200 g)
* 1 t salt (optional, 5 cm3)

Place the softened cream cheese, sugar, and optional salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle. (Desaulniers is specific about the paddle. The "paddle" for my mixer is an open plastic oval, not solid. If you do not have a paddle, try one balloon whip.)

Beat on low for 1 minute, on medium for 1 minute, and on high for 1 minute.
Scrape down the side of the bowl, then beat on high for 1 more minute.
Scrape down the bowl.

* 6 large eggs
* 1 t pure vanilla extract (5 cm3)

Add the eggs, 2 at a time, beating on medium for 15 seconds after adding, and scrape down the bowl after each addition.

Add the vanilla extract and the melted chocolate mixture, then beat on medium for 15 seconds.

Remove the bowl from the mixer.
Use a rubber spatula to finish mixing the batter until it is smooth and thoroughly combined.

Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared springform pan, spreading evenly. (That's what Desaulniers' instructions say, but the batter with white chocolate flows fluidly, so there's no need to spread it. If you use all semisweet chocolate, the batter might need a little spreading.)

Place a baking sheet with sides partially filled with 4 C of hot water on the bottom rack of the oven (the bottom rack should be at least three inches below the center rack).

Place the springform pan on the center rack of the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Lower the temperature to 250F (121C) and bake for 15 minutes.
Lower the temperature to 225F (107C) and bake for 15 minutes.

Then lower the temperature to 200F (93C), and bake the cheesecake until the internal temperature of the cheesecake filling reaches 170F (77C), about 2 hours and 45 minutes. (The cheesecake is liquid and will slosh, so do not lift the pan. Gently pull the rack partially out of the oven to bring the cake into reach so you can insert the thermometer.)

Turn off the oven and allow the cheesecake to remain in the oven undisturbed for an additional 2 hours.

Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature for 1 hour. (That's 6 hours from start of baking until you are done for the day!)

Refrigerate the cheesecake for 12 hours (do not remove the cake from the pan).
Chocolate Ganache and Finishing the Cheesecake
After the cheesecake has been refrigerated for 12 hours, prepare the chocolate ganache.

* 3 oz. semisweet chocolate (85 g)

Break the chocolate into very small pieces, 1/8 oz. (4 g) or smaller, and place it into a stainless steel bowl.

* 1/3 C heavy cream (78 g)
* 1 T unsalted butter (14 g)
* 1 T granulated sugar (12 g)

Heat heavy cream, butter, and sugar in a 1-quart saucepan (1.4 l) over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.

Pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for 4 minutes.

Stir with a whisk until smooth.

Pour over the top of the chilled cheesecake. Use a rubber spatula to spread the ganache evenly over the top of the cake, being careful not to spread it over the edge and down the side of the cheesecake. (I do not use a spatula; if you pour the ganache immediately after preparing it, then you can get a smooth top just by tilting and rolling the cake. Avoid letting the ganache drip down the side.)

Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.

The cake can now be released from the springform pan. To do this, wrap a damp, hot cotton towel around the side of the pan (the towel should be large enough to wrap completely around and cover the side of the pan) and hold it around the pan for about 1 minute. Carefully release and remove the springform pan. Use a serrated knife to trim the crust so that it is level with the ganache (trim the crust away from the cake so that it does not fall into the ganache).

Toss the white chocolate curls onto the cheesecake. Transfer the cake to a serving plate or cake circle.

Champagne Powder
11-01-2010, 05:00 PM
You know it's Chiefs week when I start taking my firearms out of the closet and begin cleaning them.

Miss I.
11-01-2010, 05:10 PM
You know it's Chiefs week when I start taking my firearms out of the closet and begin cleaning them.

Yes and you know you are an actual Chief fan, when you take them out and clean them while they are still loaded. ;D

Blueflame
11-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Hey, Bob and Zach....

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/dmajorfifth/Lolcat_fart.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-01-2010, 07:12 PM

It's pretty sad that you can't even see your cock.

11-01-2010, 07:20 PM
It's pretty sad that you can't even see your cock.

That's only because she swallowed it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-01-2010, 07:21 PM

And how much does "she" bench?

GreatBronco16
11-01-2010, 07:28 PM

All 2 inches of it.:rofl:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-01-2010, 07:31 PM
You should tell "her" to be careful. I had a friend who choked on one of those cocktail weenies and had to go to the hospital.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-01-2010, 08:03 PM

Bull****. You know you're only here to troll. Don't try to bail out now.

ZachKC
11-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Bull****. You know you're only here to troll. Don't try to bail out now.

pussy.

bendog
11-02-2010, 10:32 AM
So how many pts do you chef fans figure you need to win by to make this truly memorable?

SJ Bronco
11-02-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm trying that cheesecake recipe. Anyone interested in sweet potato pie? I make a mean one.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2010, 10:36 AM
p***Y.

Pretty sad that you can't even talk football.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-02-2010, 10:54 AM
p***Y.

Speaking of pussies, why is yours so hurt, Tubby?

ZachKC
11-02-2010, 11:21 AM
So how many pts do you chef fans figure you need to win by to make this truly memorable?

Don't care about memorable. Just want to get the win.

Flex Gunmetal
11-02-2010, 11:28 AM
My name is bob, I am a chiefs fan, and I have thirty thousand posts on a broncos website.

But sit right down while I brag to you about all the pussy I smash.

lol

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Stefangs/3-44.jpg

Los Broncos
11-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Good lunch today salad with a snapple.

Black96WS6
11-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Too early for flapjacks?

Greatspirits
11-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Raiders will crush the Queefs! At least Oakland is a legitimate up and coming team. The Queefs are a fruad, they will crash and burn before the seasons end.

oubronco
11-02-2010, 03:13 PM
http://jamesblowers.name/__oneclick_uploads/2007/12/bbq-ribs.jpg

Greatspirits
11-02-2010, 03:14 PM
http://jamesblowers.name/__oneclick_uploads/2007/12/bbq-ribs.jpg

Yum! Hope thats not KC Queef bbq!

ZachKC
11-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Raiders will crush the Queefs! At least Oakland is a legitimate up and coming team. The Queefs are a fruad, they will crash and burn before the seasons end.

This is fun to see...I kind of miss the OM predictions. None of you guys really do it anymore. Everyone got sick of falling on their faces.

Will you be around when you are wrong?

oubronco
11-02-2010, 03:19 PM
http://www.amcsvs.com/images/PLANNER%20images/chili_peppers_in_hats.jpg

ZachKC
11-02-2010, 03:20 PM
http://www.amcsvs.com/images/PLANNER%20images/chili_peppers_in_hats.jpg

Those two seem to have a solid friendship.

oubronco
11-02-2010, 03:20 PM

tebowisdabomb
11-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Chiefs have 5 of the next 7 on the road, they will be going down in flames real soon...

I am a Raider fan, but I am seriously expecting the Chargers to catch fire and wind up winning the division, Raiders are playing well now but I do not have unrealistic expectations.

oubronco
11-02-2010, 03:21 PM
http://www.hotsmokebbq.com/006chicken/images_losie_foroe/DSC00285bsr3-453x282_losie_foroe.JPG

bendog
11-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Don't care about memorable. Just want to get the win.

oh no. For it to really count you need a beatdown, like Sharpe put on DT. And this is your chance. Most likely no football next year, and if Bowlen ever puts up with what happened two weeks ago in another year, we'll know he's mentally incompetent and his kid needs to take over. Either McDaniels gets some players or he's gone in 2012.

Greatspirits
11-02-2010, 03:26 PM
This is fun to see...I kind of miss the OM predictions. None of you guys really do it anymore. Everyone got sick of falling on their faces.

Will you be around when you are wrong?

I'll be here, I'll man up if I'm wrong, the question is will you be around if I'm right!

oubronco
11-02-2010, 03:27 PM
http://images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/large/10102000/10102407.jpg

Mile High Shack
11-02-2010, 03:33 PM
I had to go to Taco Bueno today because I left my lunch on the counter at home

Chris
11-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Jesus the average calorie count in each of these dishes is over 1000.

Black96WS6
11-02-2010, 04:13 PM

I agree with this.

The Chargers will have Vincent Jackson well back by the time they face the Chiefs, in SD this time, with (hopefully ;)) no monsoon at game time.

And you gotta expect the special teams to eventually get fixed (or someone's gonna get fired).

Just my opinion, but I think the Chiefs get crushed in that matchup in SD and limp home trying to salvage an 8-8, 9-7 season. But that's still head and shoulders above where they were last season! Also just not sold on Matt Cassel...

ZachKC
11-02-2010, 04:54 PM
oh no. For it to really count you need a beatdown, like Sharpe put on DT. And this is your chance. Most likely no football next year, and if Bowlen ever puts up with what happened two weeks ago in another year, we'll know he's mentally incompetent and his kid needs to take over. Either McDaniels gets some players or he's gone in 2012.

Yea I dont care too much about any of that.

But this team does average a little less than 200 yards a game on the ground. There could be some special runs.

ZachKC
11-02-2010, 04:55 PM
I'll be here, I'll man up if I'm wrong, the question is will you be around if I'm right!

I have been here since 2003. So I would say so.

Are you one of those people that thinks the Raiders are good because they beat the Broncos? I love those folks.

ZachKC
11-02-2010, 04:56 PM
I agree with this.

The Chargers will have Vincent Jackson well back by the time they face the Chiefs, in SD this time, with (hopefully ;)) no monsoon at game time.

And you gotta expect the special teams to eventually get fixed (or someone's gonna get fired).

Just my opinion, but I think the Chiefs get crushed in that matchup in SD and limp home trying to salvage an 8-8, 9-7 season. But that's still head and shoulders above where they were last season! Also just not sold on Matt Cassel...

You guys always complain about the rain but our offense seemed to move just fine in it. Defensive players have to react to WRs and RBs.

Maybe if you guys looked really impressive since Week 1 you could b**** about the rain but maybe it is just another week where you were a ****ty team.

ZachKC
11-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Oh my, how will this team ever find 3 or 4 more wins.

at Oakland
at Denver
Arizona
at Seattle
Denver
at San_Diego
at St._Louis
Tennessee
Oakland

Miss I.
11-02-2010, 05:01 PM

Are you one of those people that thinks the Raiders are good because they beat the Broncos? I love those folks.

Not that I think that, but they also just beat Seattle 33 to 3, not that Seattle is all that good either, but still it is indicative the Raiders are possibly improving.

ZachKC
11-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Not that I think that, but they also just beat Seattle 33 to 3, not that Seattle is all that good either, but still it is indicative the Raiders are possibly improving.

Now that I do not disagree with.

Blueflame
11-02-2010, 05:11 PM

With what... 8 or 9 consecutive top-5 draft picks (?), they just about have to be improving. A) there's no way for them to go but up 'cause they were pretty much at rock bottom and B) all of their first rounders can't be JaMarcus Russell. Add into the mix the fact that the '10 Bolts and Broncos (who have been finishing first and second in the division pretty consistently of late) are struggling... and the result is that the Raiders theoretically could win the division.

Tom A Hawk
11-03-2010, 07:29 AM

a win is a win.

But how about a 59-14.........how memorable is that for you and yor team?

Black96WS6
11-03-2010, 07:54 AM
You guys always complain about the rain but our offense seemed to move just fine in it. Defensive players have to react to WRs and RBs.

Maybe if you guys looked really impressive since Week 1 you could b**** about the rain but maybe it is just another week where you were a ****ty team.

True, but I don't remember seeing any Chiefs slipping on the field, while I saw multiple Chargers looking like they were running on a Slip-N-Slide.

Honestly, I think the Chargers are going to remember that loss, and when the Chiefs come to SD, I really think the Chiefs will get hammered (plus, this time they'll have their starting LT and # 1 WR back as well, which they didn't have the 1st game)...

The only way it goes the other way is if the Chargers give up a bunch of free pts on special teams...and if they're still doing that in Week 14, they deserve to lose the division...

Greatspirits
11-03-2010, 12:48 PM

Nope not at all! I just think overall the Raiders have a better team, I saw part of the Buffalo game and I don't think the Queefs looked all that good, Buffalo should have won that game, the Queefs have a good ground game and are finding ways to win, but overall the Raiders look like a better football team to me. We'll see on Sunday!

ZachKC
11-03-2010, 04:07 PM
True, but I don't remember seeing any Chiefs slipping on the field, while I saw multiple Chargers looking like they were running on a Slip-N-Slide.

Honestly, I think the Chargers are going to remember that loss, and when the Chiefs come to SD, I really think the Chiefs will get hammered (plus, this time they'll have their starting LT and # 1 WR back as well, which they didn't have the 1st game)...

The only way it goes the other way is if the Chargers give up a bunch of free pts on special teams...and if they're still doing that in Week 14, they deserve to lose the division...

Maybe they are not as good as athletes.

ZachKC
11-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Nope not at all! I just think overall the Raiders have a better team, I saw part of the Buffalo game and I don't think the Queefs looked all that good, Buffalo should have won that game, the Queefs have a good ground game and are finding ways to win, but overall the Raiders look like a better football team to me. We'll see on Sunday!

Bronco fans are great at this.

Greatspirits
11-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Bronco fans are great at this.

This is why is worthless to try to talk football with you guys. I guess if we don't say anything positive about the Queefs its; Bronco fans are this or Bronco fans are that! Go back to your Queefs Planet!!

ZachKC
11-04-2010, 05:03 PM
This is why is worthless to try to talk football with you guys. I guess if we don't say anything positive about the Queefs its; Bronco fans are this or Bronco fans are that! Go back to your Queefs Planet!!

You don't have to blow sunshine up the Chiefs' asses but I figure you might have loaded your gun with something better than you should have lost so and so game.

The Radiers came into Denver raping your crappy team and now they are some good football team. Not convinced, as if they didn't lose to the 49'ers of all people.

The Raiders have a strong ground game. However they are poor in rushing defense and are poor on offense at giving up sacks and concerting 3rd down.

ZachKC
11-04-2010, 05:07 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39970275/ns/sports-nfl/

Yes, good teams usually run well. They do a lot of things well; otherwise, they wouldn’t be good teams. But rushing totals are often inflated by clock-killing drives late in games, when the winning team hands off up the middle seven times just to get everybody home in time for dinner. Our Big Four rushing teams might not be smashmouth teams at all: they may just be teams that spend a lot of fourth quarters nursing a lead.

Kansas City Chiefs

190.4 yards per game, 5.2 yards per carry, 6 TD

Fluff factor: Low. The Chiefs have generated just 101 "Ice the Win" yards.

Fast fact: The Chiefs average an extraordinary 6.8 yards per rush on first down. First-down runs of 56 and 70 yards inflate that figure, but even without the big gains, the Chiefs are an excellent first-down rushing team. Against the Bills alone, they ran for 18, 11, 13, 18, 12, 10, and 13 yards on first down. With production like that, the Chiefs can hammer second-rate defenses without taking to the air.

Getting it done: The Chiefs use two- and three-tight end formations to stretch the line of scrimmage, then send Jamaal Charles (quick, shifty) and Thomas Jones (patient, powerful) to exploit the cutback lanes that result when defenders have eight or more gaps to worry about. The Chiefs have been able to grind out wins against some good defenses: the 49ers control the line of scrimmage well, but Jones and Charles hammered out 192 yards against them.

Bottom line: The Chiefs have the easiest schedule this side of the Sun Belt Conference and face defense-challenged opponents like the Broncos and Cardinals in upcoming weeks. They can rush right into the postseason with only the slightest assist from their passing game.

Oakland Raiders

168.5 yards per game, 4.9 yards per carry, 9 TD

Fluff factor: High. 144 "Ice the Win" yards may not seem like a high total, but see below.

Fast fact: Raiders rushing totals include 117 yards of quarterback scrambles and 121 yards of reverses and end-arounds by wide receivers. The Raiders have also played eight games, while most of the league has only played seven because of bye weeks; that’s why the Raiders lead the league in rushing while the Chiefs top them in yards per game. Add it all up, and the fluff factor in their rushing total is pretty high.

Getting it done: The Raiders are creative about hiding the deficiencies in their passing game. Receivers Lou Murphy, Jacoby Ford, and Darrius Heyward-Bey have all produced big plays on end-arounds, and fullback Marcel Reece (91 yards) gets into the act at times. The end-arounds and fullback bellies keep defenses from loading up on Darren McFadden (fast and strong with limited moves) and Michael Bush (slow and powerful), so the Raiders don’t have to worry about a stacked box, even when their passing game isn’t clicking. When facing an opponent like the Broncos, it’s best to just keep handing off and wait for surrender anyway.

Bottom line: Both McFadden and Bush are injury prone, and the Raiders are still the Raiders — hot streak or not. They may be running well, but there’s a lot of air in their statistics. The Raiders will hang around the wild-card race all season, but if you want to back an AFC West surprise team, back the Chiefs.

ZachKC
11-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Focusing more on the ground (because that is where both these teams do work)

You have #1 and #2 rushing teams in the league. What was real eye opening to me was the gap between us at the top. The Chiefs have 21.9 yards on the ground more than the Raiders (190.4 vs 168.5)

When you throw in the defensive rushing numbers and figure the differential it gets even better.Chiefs are 7th in rushing defense at 96.4\game with the Raiders at 26th giving up 127.4\game

The rush differentials for each team come out to +94 for the Chiefs and +41 for the Raiders.

This is going to be a kick ass physical game.

CEH
11-04-2010, 05:34 PM
[I]http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39970275/ns/sports-nfl/

Stop wasting our disk space with this crap. Who cares about a article about Raiders/Cheifs just because no where else will talk to you

ZachKC
11-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Stop wasting our disk space with this crap. Who cares about a article about Raiders/Cheifs just because no where else will talk to you

Hi!

DenverBrit
11-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Bringing back the excitement in KC and Oakland.

The last time the Chiefs and Raiders both finished with winning records in the same season? 1994.

Greatspirits
11-05-2010, 12:17 PM
You don't have to blow sunshine up the Chiefs' asses but I figure you might have loaded your gun with something better than you should have lost so and so game.

The Radiers came into Denver raping your crappy team and now they are some good football team. Not convinced, as if they didn't lose to the 49'ers of all people.

The Raiders have a strong ground game. However they are poor in rushing defense and are poor on offense at giving up sacks and concerting 3rd down.

You should know a lot about crappy teams! The Queefs have had that market covered for years!

ZachKC
11-05-2010, 12:21 PM
You should know a lot about crappy teams! The Queefs have had that market covered for years!

Oh hey, another Bronco fan that doesn't know how to actually talk about football.

Greatspirits
11-05-2010, 12:24 PM
oh hey, another bronco fan that doesn't know how to actually talk about football.

bye!!

ZachKC
11-05-2010, 12:25 PM
bye!!

See ya, I don't expect you to be around after the Chiefs take firm control of the division with a win this weekend.

Go to your knitting circle with the other "football fans" around here.

Broncos_OTM
11-05-2010, 02:30 PM
See ya, I don't expect you to be around after the Chiefs take firm control of the division with a win this weekend.

Go to your knitting circle with the other "football fans" around here.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4-MxlvjDpoU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4-MxlvjDpoU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Im glad someone other then san diego might win this division. Its just to bad the team that might win has some angry trolls. Song reminds me of you.

ZachKC
11-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Im glad someone other then san diego might win this division. Its just to bad the team that might win has some angry trolls. Song reminds me of you.

Someone wants to talk football! What a troll!

Line up with the other vaginas.

bendog
11-05-2010, 04:08 PM
I picked KC over Oak. Don't let me down.

Broncos_OTM
11-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Someone wants to talk football! What a troll!

Line up with the other vaginas.

thats pretty funny. You are on a Denver Bronos Message Board talking ****. yeah i am the troll. Good Call.

ZachKC
11-05-2010, 10:56 PM
thats pretty funny. You are on a Denver Bronos Message Board talking ****. yeah i am the troll. Good Call.

I never called you a troll. I did however call you a vagina for not being able to come into this thread and talk football. Don't worry though you have a lot of vaginas right here with you. The only thing you forgot to do was post a food picture. That is what the other ladies who can't hang do.

Lev Vyvanse
11-05-2010, 11:05 PM
I never called you a troll. I did however call you a vagina for not being able to come into this thread and talk football. Don't worry though you have a lot of vaginas right here with you. The only thing you forgot to do was post a food picture. That is what the other ladies who can't hang do.

Want to talk about the fact that your post count is directly proportional to the difference between KC wins and Denver wins?

ZachKC
11-06-2010, 09:44 AM
The list of people who can't talk football is getting unsustainable. We may need a new thread.

Champagne Powder
11-06-2010, 01:13 PM
There are some factors working in Denver's favor such as:

1. Historical success in home games vs. KC which includes an 8-1 record at Invesco.
2. Denver is coming off a bye.
3. The Chiefs have to play two straight road divisional games against two hated rivals.

The Chiefs are the better team, but it's a divisional game so don't be surprised if the Broncos give KC a handful.

Dogsweat
11-06-2010, 09:00 PM
I think the Dallas Texans have a great shot this year.

Hank Stram continues to impress me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKRFmpWLTwg&feature=related

Cleo McDowell
11-07-2010, 03:04 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wUdpQpIJXnU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wUdpQpIJXnU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

11-07-2010, 06:28 PM
NOW it's Chiefs week.

And we're taking it out on your sorry butts.

Prepare.

ZachKC
11-07-2010, 06:30 PM
NOW it's Chiefs week.

And we're taking it out on your sorry butts.

Prepare.

Looking forward to the next one.

11-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Looking forward to the next one.

The next ass-reaming at Arrowhead West?

Hell yeah.

Broncos_OTM
11-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Three gane slide to lose the division. This should be fun to watch

ZachKC
11-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Three gane slide to lose the division. This should be fun to watch

Whatever that is...

ohiobronco2
11-07-2010, 07:13 PM
The next ass-reaming at Arrowhead West?

Hell yeah.

Hey fat ***. Don't bore us with Bronco/Chief discussion. Tell us about your latest unsuccessful milf quest.

11-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Haven't chased a MILF in awhile. Scored me some teen and some cougar, though. All in all, not a bad haul for a guy who has no game.

tebowisdabomb
11-07-2010, 08:11 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3313/3276585763_03e42ee86c.jpg

oubronco
11-07-2010, 08:27 PM
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Campbell had a good day agianst the Queefs secondary better look out Orton's coming
<!-- / message -->