PDA

View Full Version : Are we Snake bit?

ScottXray
10-31-2010, 03:21 PM
Not only are we not a very good team, we must be the UNLUCKIEST team in the League. Whenever we make a GOOD play, someone makes a mistake that ends up cancelling the good play and putting us in reverse.

Moreno gets down after tossing the ball back to Orton and the refs flag him for a chop block that was not only not his fault, but incidental to the play...it had absolutely no effect on the play that the lineman Touched the defender...the ball was already starting out of Ortons hand. Although it was technically correct it shouldn't have been thrown. We lose a TD by result.

Prater just flat out misses the extra point after we could have pulled within 7 late.

Jarvis (no seeum) Moss trys to throw a block agaisnt a defender that Royal had already skirted left of, and we get a TD return cancelled.

We really truly do suck....but the officials seem bound and determined to kill any momentum we do manage to get started. And if the officials don't, then McD inserts Tebow and runs the same 1 yard run play on second and 5 or less over and over. I just don't get what that is supposed to accomplish, as it only plays into the defenses hands. If you aren't going to let him throw, why insert him at all in OUR end of the field?

Bad luck , bad play. they all merge into the shyt that is this season. McD is drawing that rope shorter and shorter.

Broncomutt
10-31-2010, 03:22 PM
Good teams make their own luck.

Apparently, bad teams do also.

Chris
10-31-2010, 03:23 PM
Yes. We are even less fortunate than the Vikings.

But it's bad luck and bad play that gets you to 2-6.

bpc
10-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Good teams make their own luck.

Apparently, bad teams do also.

Thank you.

If you have not been questioning the moves of this coaching staff/pseudo GM since week 1, well, you missed the boat. These guys have been making baffling moves since they walked through the door.

TDmvp
10-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Great , now thanks to the thread title I'm longing for the Jake Plummer era ...

fontaine
10-31-2010, 03:27 PM
We average more than 8 penalties a game.

That's not being unlucky.

That's called sucking.

gtown
10-31-2010, 03:30 PM
I think there is a bit of bad luck on our part. We have to make up for the Hochuli call somehow.

McDman
10-31-2010, 03:32 PM
We are Jake "The Snake" bit. Ever since he left we've been cursed!

oubronco
10-31-2010, 03:36 PM
Yes I think we are snakebit in alot of area's on this team

WolfpackGuy
10-31-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah, a lot of self-inflicted snake bites.

_Oro_
10-31-2010, 03:43 PM
We are unlucky. Our best player on D, Doom, goes down before the season starts. Our, arguably, third or fourth best player on D, Ayers, goes down for probably the rest of the season after a few games. Our best player on O, Clady, screws up his knee playing pick up basketball, and has been hobbled ever since. Kuper and Harris our starting rg and rt have been injured. Our starting corner, safety, and back up safety are all missing time.

With the injuries, this team is not talented enough to win games without some lucky breaks. But not only are we not getting many breaks going our way, we also seem to be on the wrong end of them as well. The Jets game was given away on a hail mary on 4th down. I thought we had today's game until another hail mary that landed right in between Dawkins and Champ... Troy smith fumbles the ball and it bounces right back into hands. I think today and the Jets game were both well within our hands and if we had those two we'd be at 4-4 going into the bye. Not bad considering our extensive amount of injuries.

After the beatings we got by the Ravens and the Raiders, we're obviously not ready to compete for the playoffs or anything like that but we're not as horrible as everyone here makes us out to be.

If we can stop losing games on Hail marys and shooting ourselves in the foot offensively then we'll manage to steal some games in the second half of the season. As horrible as this season has been, all we need to do is finish the season strong and this season will be a success. Next year, all those rookie lineman are going to be gelling and their going to have a year of NFL weight training under their belts.

So yeah.. Snakebit

Popps
10-31-2010, 03:43 PM
We're definitely snake-bit. Look at the injuries. We were snake-bit out of the gate.

I mean, we make dumb mistakes, too... but today was just ridiculous. That chop-block call was ****ing unreal.

We can't catch a break this season.

But, I posted that last week. When you're winning... all of the little breaks seem to go your way, like staying healthy. When you're in a funk, it's just the opposite.

It'll turn around.

Mr.Meanie
10-31-2010, 03:56 PM
We are unlucky. Our best player on D, Doom, goes down before the season starts. Our, arguably, third or fourth best player on D, Ayers, goes down for probably the rest of the season after a few games. Our best player on O, Clady, screws up his knee playing pick up basketball, and has been hobbled ever since. Kuper and Harris our starting rg and rt have been injured. Our starting corner, safety, and back up safety are all missing time.

With the injuries, this team is not talented enough to win games without some lucky breaks. But not only are we not getting many breaks going our way, we also seem to be on the wrong end of them as well. The Jets game was given away on a hail mary on 4th down. I thought we had today's game until another hail mary that landed right in between Dawkins and Champ... Troy smith fumbles the ball and it bounces right back into hands. I think today and the Jets game were both well within our hands and if we had those two we'd be at 4-4 going into the bye. Not bad considering our extensive amount of injuries.

After the beatings we got by the Ravens and the Raiders, we're obviously not ready to compete for the playoffs or anything like that but we're not as horrible as everyone here makes us out to be.

If we can stop losing games on Hail marys and shooting ourselves in the foot offensively then we'll manage to steal some games in the second half of the season. As horrible as this season has been, all we need to do is finish the season strong and this season will be a success. Next year, all those rookie lineman are going to be gelling and their going to have a year of NFL weight training under their belts.

So yeah.. Snakebit

This. Finally a voice of reason in a sea of emotional knee-jerk reactionism

Clockwork Orange
10-31-2010, 03:58 PM
As Charles Barkley once said, "Bad team, man, bad ****ing team."

Merlin
10-31-2010, 04:08 PM
As horrible as this season has been, all we need to do is finish the season strong and this season will be a success. Next year, all those rookie lineman are going to be gelling
And what about this coaching staff (especially its performance in the past 18 games, and the last two atrocious losses) suggests that any of this is remotely likely?

gtown
10-31-2010, 04:23 PM
You put a pass rush on this team, and we are at least .500. When Doom went down, a lot of us around here flipped out, and its seems, we did that for good reason. Take out the Ravens and the aberration last week, this team has been in every game. Football is a game of inches and little details, and it doesn't take much to change a team's overall fortunes.

Overall, I have to say that we lack serious talent all over the field that we had at the end of the '90s. A few lean years might help build that talent. Of course McD has to make sure that we don't trade all of our picks for NE castoffs.

DivineBronco
10-31-2010, 04:26 PM
I think the jets game broke them mentally.........the put soo much into winning that game and then to come up short I think they kinda packed it in the moment that pass int was called

Popps
10-31-2010, 04:28 PM
I think the jets game broke them mentally.........the put soo much into winning that game and then to come up short I think they kinda packed it in the moment that pass int was called

Yea. You saw the wind come out of the sails when Gaff's TD got called back, as well.

Garcia Bronco
10-31-2010, 04:33 PM
We straight up got cheated on the flicker. It was a bull**** call. So I don't feel so bad about this loss.

oubronco
10-31-2010, 04:35 PM
We straight up got cheated on the flicker. It was a bull**** call. So I don't feel so bad about this loss.

I do cause a loss is a loss no matter how it comes

gunns
10-31-2010, 04:37 PM

So yeah.. Snakebit

First off, I'm sick of hearing about the injuries. Every team has injuries. Yes it seems we've had more than our fair share this year, but there have been other teams with numerous injuries. The bolded part, they are going to have to prove it to me. I'm beginning to wonder if the fluke wasn't last Sunday but Seattle and Tennessee. I just don't remember a season like this and I've been through some pretty bad seasons with the Broncos.

broncolife
10-31-2010, 05:01 PM
Also dont forget about the Ref trying block Lloyd from getting a td

ScottXray
10-31-2010, 05:20 PM
First off, I'm sick of hearing about the injuries. Every team has injuries. Yes it seems we've had more than our fair share this year, but there have been other teams with numerous injuries. The bolded part, they are going to have to prove it to me. I'm beginning to wonder if the fluke wasn't last Sunday but Seattle and Tennessee. I just don't remember a season like this and I've been through some pretty bad seasons with the Broncos.

+1 It is time that the players we DO have on the field start owning their mistakes. The chop block call was bad, but the reason it mattered so much is the first half, where we went out and had to punt every possesion. You have to start making your OWN luck, and the injuries don't matter.

A lot of the mistakes are on the coaches, and it is starting to be evident that Coaching is weak in a lot of areas. 12 men on the field, illegal formations, STUPID penalties on Special teams that take points off the board, holding calls and blown coverages. Smart and Team oriented is supposed to mean something. If the coaches can't get the players to play within the rules then we will continue to have bad "luck".

I agree that the injuries have hurt us...but excuses are for losers, and don't change the outcome of the game. We need to start seeing some good play out of whoever is out there.

I have tried everything I can to turn things around. Tried wearing all my Lucky stuff, tried karma stuff, tried to do all my little superstitions. It's time the players actually went out and MADE some luck for our side. When it comes down to it they are the only ones that matter.

McD is the coach in charge, and therefore he owns this. He had better decide if he wants to keep his job and find some way to get these guys to act like the smart team oriented players he preaches about.

razorwire77
10-31-2010, 05:49 PM

So yeah.. Snakebit

Good post. McDaniels deserves his share of blame, but the types of injuries, bad breaks, and freak plays will make a mediocre young team like ours, into a bad one.

baja
10-31-2010, 06:12 PM
Not only are we not a very good team, we must be the UNLUCKIEST team in the League. Whenever we make a GOOD play, someone makes a mistake that ends up cancelling the good play and putting us in reverse.

Moreno gets down after tossing the ball back to Orton and the refs flag him for a chop block that was not only not his fault, but incidental to the play...it had absolutely no effect on the play that the lineman Touched the defender...the ball was already starting out of Ortons hand. Although it was technically correct it shouldn't have been thrown. We lose a TD by result.

Prater just flat out misses the extra point after we could have pulled within 7 late.

Jarvis (no seeum) Moss trys to throw a block agaisnt a defender that Royal had already skirted left of, and we get a TD return cancelled.

We really truly do suck....but the officials seem bound and determined to kill any momentum we do manage to get started. And if the officials don't, then McD inserts Tebow and runs the same 1 yard run play on second and 5 or less over and over. I just don't get what that is supposed to accomplish, as it only plays into the defenses hands. If you aren't going to let him throw, why insert him at all in OUR end of the field?

Bad luck , bad play. they all merge into the shyt that is this season. McD is drawing that rope shorter and shorter.

Maybe Josh is setting up teams with the Tebow non-pass with the unveiling held in reserve for the playoffs. It's amazing how far into the future Josh thinks.

baja
10-31-2010, 06:20 PM

So yeah.. Snakebit

This is a very fine and fair summation of the first half of the season.

Co- Sign

Archer81
10-31-2010, 06:48 PM

Not too many teams using the 3-4 do well when they lose both starting OLB's. Nor do they do well when your 2nd best corner goes down for a long stretch, or you lose a probable HOF'er at safety.

Also does not help that the offense will only do as well as the young and banged up offensive line goes. If they play well, we have a better shot at productive offense.

This season is completely ridiculous, but every NFL team has one of these sooner or later. It blows ass that this is happening now, but it is a perfect storm of suck. The team will get out of it eventually, and the suck monster will move on to another team. Preferably to the Colts or Ravens or Steelers.

:Broncos:

mwill07
10-31-2010, 07:44 PM

So yeah.. Snakebit

if we were a good team, 1-5 teams wouldn't be beating us via a handful of lucky plays. We just got trounced by a 2-4 division rival and then beaten handily by a 1-6 SF team with a QB starting his 3rd game in 4 years (we made him look good too, BTW).

The SF game had some bad breaks, for sure, but if we truly had a good team, it wouldn't have mattered.

What pains me the most is we seem to be regressing. This team is getting worse, not better.

Right now, I see absolutely no glimmer of hope. No reason for optimism. We're done, as far as I'm concerned. From here on out, McD and 53 players have the rest of the season to justify why they should be Broncos. That's pretty much what it boils down to for me.

UboBronco
10-31-2010, 08:43 PM
I have not been a supporter of Josh nor a non-supporter in regards to using Tebow. But today, in bringing him in on second and 5 on the 35, made ZERO sense.
If he is not going to let him throw, and in this instance already not have shown the possibility of a pass, it only interrupted the slight momentum we had established.

I wish Orton had some mobility, as I think Tebow (or any other QB with some more agility) would have, could have helped us move the ball, kept time of possesion, which would help our defense get some rest. (Again, time of possesion is 10 minutes in favor of the opposition)

Snake bit is bad on the penalties.. The Moss block I saw instantly.... Already said it was there before the flag was thrown. The "cut block" though I do not know the letter of the rule, thought it was cheap, but I could actually understand if at a different angle, an official could have made that call. We do not always see the same angle of the official....

I am most dissappointed in the lack of originality in our play calling. I feel we are real predictable, as evidence of doing a "reverse style play" in the first series two weeks in a row. Shanny was a master at setting up an opponent, I feel Josh game plans against the opponents last week game plan, and does not look, and try to figure out how our opponents adjust. Thus why we cannot score in the first quarter....

We need to become progressive, as Josh was for several weeks early last year... NO, I do not mean the Cincy game to open the year, but he came out against Dallas, New England, with DIFFERENT things....

I am not seeing that now.

If he wants to stick around, he needs to again become creative, and not locked into certain plays... I.E. Running left guard/tackle on third and one... WR screen on third and 15..... And too many 3rd and short from the shotgun taking away the possibility of a run......

Cito Pelon
10-31-2010, 11:27 PM
Sometimes you just don't have 'it'. Things don't go your way, the clouds don't have a silver lining, lightning strikes twice in the same place, and you just happen to be standing there both times, nothing you try works the way you planned it.

You just have to keep plodding on and good things will happen. Hopefully the team is resilient and goes on a winning streak.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-31-2010, 11:45 PM
Ever since you dumped Jake the Snake, you've been terrible.

So, yes

It's the Curse of Plummer.

Taco John
10-31-2010, 11:48 PM

I don't feel bad about this loss because the was nowhere to go but up after the way I felt after losing to the Raiders 59-14.

Popps
10-31-2010, 11:49 PM
Sometimes you just don't have 'it'. Things don't go your way, the clouds don't have a silver lining, lightning strikes twice in the same place, and you just happen to be standing there both times, nothing you try works the way you planned it.

You just have to keep plodding on and good things will happen. Hopefully the team is resilient and goes on a winning streak.

Yup. Not many bounces going our way, and certainly enough stupid mistakes to make it even worse.

Oh well, brighter days are out there, eventually. Seasons like this happen.

Go Broncos.

hambone13
10-31-2010, 11:54 PM

Yeah a dose of unicorn jizz will make it all ok. Where do I rub it? I guess leadership and the FO have nothing to do with it. You're a McD apologist to the worst degree....blind.

Cito Pelon
10-31-2010, 11:58 PM
Yea. You saw the wind come out of the sails when Gaff's TD got called back, as well.

Well, I hope they're mentally tough enough to finish in a strong fashion after the bye. I think the coaching staff will stay steady and try to keep them focused.

It's just tough to win consistently sometimes in the NFL. Baltimore was 3-13 a few years ago when they had the injury bug.

Cito Pelon
11-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Yeah a dose of unicorn jizz will make it all ok. Where do I rub it? I guess leadership and the FO have nothing to do with it. You're a McD apologist to the worst degree....blind.

Nah, I just don't panic in midstream when things aren't going my way. I'll wait to see how the entire season plays out before making extreme judgements like the coaching staff sucks.

ZONA
11-01-2010, 04:42 AM
Bottom line is every team in the NFL has to deal with some injuries. But anybody with their head screwed on straight can see the Broncos are much more unfortunate in that we've had so many injuries and so many key players lost of the season, or missed time already, or coming off of really bad injuries and just trying to get healthy. Obviously there have been some bad coaching decisions but what I see is alot of player mistakes costing us games. Players in position but not finishing a play, or giving up a turnover, or comitting a stupid penalty. I would say our record is more indicitive of all the injuries and some bad play by the players more then it is coaching. But there are still so many people here that are pouting about Shanny being fired, I think most of those guys are the ones who think Josh is not coaching well.

Garcia Bronco
11-01-2010, 06:00 AM
I do cause a loss is a loss no matter how it comes

It's bull**** though. We didn't actually get beat this week.

dbfan4life
11-01-2010, 06:04 AM
Sans the Raider game, this team has not been that bad. Has this team made costly mistakes? Definitely! Is the team also snakebit? Absolutley!

baja
11-01-2010, 06:12 AM
To answer the OP question, yes I think we are snakebit this season.We are getting way more than our share of injuries and not just any injuries very key injuries and combinations of injuries that have a compounded effect on the team. We had Oline injuries come at the same time, same with secondary injuries and let's not forget losing Doom all season and Ayers for a big chunk. We have had penalties at the worst time we have had questionable calls on key plays that were game changing.

Gort
11-01-2010, 06:23 AM
I think there is a bit of bad luck on our part. We have to make up for the Hochuli call somehow.

we can stop talking about the Hochuli call.

that was simply the universe announcing that it too, hates Philip Rivers.

Gort
11-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Bottom line is every team in the NFL has to deal with some injuries. But anybody with their head screwed on straight can see the Broncos are much more unfortunate in that we've had so many injuries and so many key players lost of the season, or missed time already, or coming off of really bad injuries and just trying to get healthy. Obviously there have been some bad coaching decisions but what I see is alot of player mistakes costing us games. Players in position but not finishing a play, or giving up a turnover, or comitting a stupid penalty. I would say our record is more indicitive of all the injuries and some bad play by the players more then it is coaching. But there are still so many people here that are pouting about Shanny being fired, I think most of those guys are the ones who think Josh is not coaching well.

the Broncos have not been "football smart" since we lost guys like Rod Smith and Al Wilson.

i still see some stupid prancing and strutting on the field after tackling a guy for a 3 yard gain on 2nd-and-5 (ala Nate Webster). same thing on special teams. i don't like this. it shows me that we still have some players who are not team players. maybe i'm wrong, but i don't recall Al Wilson jumping about thumping his chest after making a tackle. like Lombardi said... "act like you've been there before".

we're still committing dumb penalties and inopportune times and have been for 4 or 5 years now. do we ever have a kickoff or punt return where we don't commit a penalty? we seem to lead the league in that category.

i also still see a lot of confusion in the defensive alignment at various points during the game. the Broncos defense is easy to confuse and i think teams know this and use it to their advantage those fews times a game where having a successful play matters.

i don't know what the answer is. we need better players. better coaching. and better scheming. with the exception of Champ, i think we need better defensive leadership as well. somebody needs to decide that he's tired of losing and carry the team on his back by force of willpower. like a Lawrence Tayler and Ray Lewis have done at various times in their careers. we don't have a guy like that. we have a very good CB who prides himself in making tackles, but we don't seem to have anyone on the DL or at LB who can simply assert his will over the opposing offense and shut them down on a critical series.

gunns
11-01-2010, 07:08 AM
Not too many teams using the 3-4 do well when they lose both starting OLB's. Nor do they do well when your 2nd best corner goes down for a long stretch, or you lose a probable HOF'er at safety.

Also does not help that the offense will only do as well as the young and banged up offensive line goes. If they play well, we have a better shot at productive offense.

This season is completely ridiculous, but every NFL team has one of these sooner or later. It blows ass that this is happening now, but it is a perfect storm of suck. The team will get out of it eventually, and the suck monster will move on to another team. Preferably to the Colts or Ravens or Steelers.

:Broncos:

I do understand that, and I do know it's a big part of where we are. But it's the stupid things that make a huge difference like holding, PI, blocking in the back, etc. That is an undisciplined team and has nothing to do with injuries. There can be no improvement until those things are addressed and they seem to be getting worse.

worm
11-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Its the injuries... Its being cosmically unlucky or ‘snakebit’... Its the refs... Seasons like this are bound to happen...

At the end of the day these are all just ways for us to rationalize and make excuses for what is happening on the field.

As Parcells succinctly said, "You are what your records says you are"....and we are a bad football team.

It really doesn't matter what we as fans want to think about making sense of this bad football team. Whatever makes you sleep better at night is cool.

However, the way for the coaches and players to effect change and grow is certainly NOT to think all the issues will magically go away when players get back from injury, when the refs stop being mean to us or waiting for some karma scale to be tipped in our favor.

This team, in its current injured state can and should still be held accountable for its actions.

bendog
11-01-2010, 07:40 AM
Aside from Doom and Clady really needing to be IR'd, and maybe Ayers, the injured suck too. This team sucks. Welcome to the Saban years redeaux.

ScottXray
11-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Just had to vent yesterday.

Suckage is part of it ...but then how do you account for Dawkins and Bailey
giving up another HOPE pass to our 1 yard line? Both or either of them SHOULD have made that play, yet somehow Neither of them did. That is
injury and karma and just BAD luck. Two of our Best ,and for whatever reason, they both misplayed it, even though both were in good position.

It appears to me that, for some reason, the football Gods have decided to take a dump in our bread box and give us a taste of suckdom for a while. Who knows when it will end , because no matter how good the coaches and players might be, or not be, shyt happens to us ( regularly).

It is becoming Not much fun!

Smiling Assassin27
11-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Ever since you dumped Jake the Snake, you've been terrible.

So, yes

It's the Curse of Plummer.

The only way to exorcise that demon is to hold a team-wide handball tournament in honor of Jake Plummer.

Oh yeah, and cut Jarvis Moss as soon as possible.

colonelbeef
11-01-2010, 08:24 AM
If you can call hiring an an under-prepared egomaniac with an inflated sense of self as HC, giving him too much power, and allowing him to run off any and all talent from the team being 'snake-bit' then yes I suppose so

I prefer to call it terrible management and coaching however

Garcia Bronco
11-01-2010, 08:54 AM
If you can call hiring an an under-prepared egomaniac with an inflated sense of self as HC, giving him too much power, and allowing him to run off any and all talent from the team being 'snake-bit' then yes I suppose so

I prefer to call it terrible management and coaching however

Who did McDaniels "run off" besides Hillis?

missingnumber7
11-01-2010, 09:04 AM

Read the rule...its black and white...no one can engage someone low while being engaged high...it was black and white...i told my wife it was coming back before orton even threw the ball. And if you think that was BS then the two roughing calls against the 49ers are you screaming bs against those as well. Replays repeatedly showed contact with the shoulder pads on both hits, not the helmet. We lost, we had a punter who had 2 punts that went 20 and 21 yards. We missed a XP. We had a TD called back because of a stupid play by a Stupid LB. I have been laughing about mental mistakes the last 3 weeks, but I'm begining to see this more and more. Its stupid. The D busts their ass for 3/4 of the game and gets thanked how? By the O going 3 and out and the punter not doing crap. This loss is on the coaching staff period. McD was outcoached by Singletary.

jhns
11-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Yes, we are unlucky enough to have a coach that doesn't prepare the team to play. Well coached teams do not constantly make huge mistakes like this one. There is no luck involved. The crap about having smarter players and how McDaniels is so detail oriented has always been just that, crap....

What is the old saying? Luck is when preperation meets opportunity... So true. You make your own luck.

Garcia Bronco
11-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Read the rule...its black and white...no one can engage someone low while being engaged high...it was black and white...i told my wife it was coming back before orton even threw the ball. And if you think that was BS then the two roughing calls against the 49ers are you screaming bs against those as well. Replays repeatedly showed contact with the shoulder pads on both hits, not the helmet. We lost, we had a punter who had 2 punts that went 20 and 21 yards. We missed a XP. We had a TD called back because of a stupid play by a Stupid LB. I have been laughing about mental mistakes the last 3 weeks, but I'm begining to see this more and more. Its stupid. The D busts their ass for 3/4 of the game and gets thanked how? By the O going 3 and out and the punter not doing crap. This loss is on the coaching staff period. McD was outcoached by Singletary.

It was not black and white. Go look at it again. It was a bull**** call.

jhns
11-01-2010, 09:44 AM

You talk about others being casual fans as you show that you don't understand the basics... Bravo...

TheReverend
11-01-2010, 09:44 AM
There are two recent games I feel we got cheated by the refs. Miami 2008 and Chicago 2007. This isn't one of them.

baja
11-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Who did McDaniels "run off" besides Hillis?

and a case can be made he traded a player that didn't fit in his plans for a big need at backup qb.

ScottXray
11-01-2010, 10:18 AM

Technically it was correct. However it had no effect on the play, in that hte defender was already falling down over Moreno and was not going to get close to Orton in any way.. It was BS in THAT regard, and should not have been called on Moreno, but rather (hochstein?) who was the second to engage...

Considering the effect on the game it was much more than a simple penalty.

Shyt happens. and with us this year it seems to KEEP on happening, and at the worst times. But the official didn't keep his flag in his pocket, although he could have. Our players have to start playing better and not make stupid mistakes. When we start doing that, maybe the Ofiicials won't be so quick with the flags.

TD30
11-01-2010, 11:03 AM
I think it's obvious after the Jags game years ago many of us had the same thought at the same time "I would give anything for a Super bowl Championship". We win the next two Super bowls and.....well the rest is obviously the cost...years of mediocrity

Garcia Bronco
11-01-2010, 11:38 AM
You talk about others being casual fans as you show that you don't understand the basics... Bravo...

Sit your 2 dollar ass down before I make change.

jhns
11-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Sit your 2 dollar ass down before I make change.

Is that supposed to make sense or is it just a die-hard fan thing?

Garcia Bronco
11-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Is that supposed to make sense or is it just a die-hard fan thing?

Either way you wouldn't understand.

jhns
11-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Either way you wouldn't understand.

Ohhhh, burn.

missingnumber7
11-02-2010, 07:36 AM

Actually it was...Moreno was engaged low and Hoch touched him high. Black and white...i've watched it several times. Just because you disagree with the call does not make it BS...its a safety call and has been since they added it to the rule book. Moreno went down because he thought he was going to get hit, when the DL ran into him he is thus engaged...and any one touching the engaged DL above the waist is adding to the High/Low which makes it a chop block and illegal. Not much more black and white than that.

missingnumber7
11-02-2010, 07:37 AM
The only way to exorcise that demon is to hold a team-wide handball tournament in honor of Jake Plummer.

Oh yeah, and cut Jarvis Moss as soon as possible.

Does that mean we are signing Mustard again?