PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see the Broncos do during the bye week?

montrose
10-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Do you want to see a move?

gyldenlove
10-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Do you want to see a move?

Very few of these midseason moves pan out, they usually just end up wasting half a season and potentially most of the offseason trying to work out what is going to happen.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Start Tebow. And this is ZERO knock on Orton. The team just needs something different and invested a 1st round pick on probably the most mentally tough QB to play college football. He'll respond to failure by working harder, not sulking. Lets see what he's got and see if he can give this offense a spark for the present and future.

scttgrd
10-31-2010, 03:06 PM
At this point, what could it hurt. The season is a wash. With the effort this team is showing they could have the grounds keeper in charge and things couldn't be much worse.

Requiem
10-31-2010, 03:06 PM
Fire McDaniels.

Hire Spider as Head Coach.

Replace Xanders with SoCalBronco.

Tank the rest of the year.

Finish with the top pick.

Trade Orton.

Fire Wink.

Hire Brian Dawkins as defensive coordinator.

Give Steve Austin a call and see if he wants to coach Special Teams.

Get rid of all those ex-Miami Dolphin DB turds we brought in.

Move the franchise to Wyoming and change our name to the Outlaws.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Great choices.

No assistant on staff should be promoted to an interim HC spot, if they're going to make a move, someone like Martindale, Pfifer, or Barone should be shown the door, not elevated.

Orton isn't the problem.

So, negotiate a buyout for someone with a network gig and pay 3 coaches for a 2-6 team? What exactly are they trying to salvage at this point?

frerottenextelway
10-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Take steroids.

WolfpackGuy
10-31-2010, 03:09 PM
What good would it do?

Drek
10-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Develop some old school west coast screen plays for Moreno. He's a great athlete but right now he's looking at two or more defenders in the backfield on every carry. Run some screens and get him some opportunities in space to make something happen.

Also, strongly consider Bey Bey taking over for Gaffney. It isn't his ideal role but Gafffney has been mediocre this year while Bey Bey has been electric with the ball in his hands. He's also by far a better run blocker, which will only help on the screens we should look to run for Moreno.

As for the actual poll questions:

You can't fire McDaniels mid-season and replace him with an assistant. His assistants are half the problem. At the same time you'll never get a guy like Cowher or Gruden to take over half-way through a season. Starting Tebow behind this OL is like driving a Ferrari on dirt roads. So you live with McDaniels and give him another 8 games to show how much rope he gets going into 2011.

Now come 2011 I'd strongly suggest getting Elway into a senior advisor/football personnel type role. Have McDaniels share management duties more than he does now, most notably on how he picks assistants. Overhaul the assistant coaching staff, address the DL decisively in the draft, and see where we are then. I don't think this team is too far away. You don't beat the Titans, hang in so close with the Colts, and nearly beat the Jets like we did in a narrow window if you're a truly **** team. I'm just starting to worry that McDaniels is losing the locker room.

SoCalBronco
10-31-2010, 03:10 PM

Get paid alot of money to go get pizza and coffee for Spider?

Sweet. I'd love that gig, Req.

:thumbsup:

HILife
10-31-2010, 03:11 PM
learn how to win a game.

Taco John
10-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Does the locker room even care about the guy? If they do, then give them the rest of the season to prove it. If they don't, can him and make Wink interim HC and start looking for a real GM.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Spend time recognizing patterns of 11 without having to count. Maybe have an inservice on legal offensive formations, pre-snap motion, and blocks. Possibly work on thumping each other in the fleshy patches where their balls used to reside, in hopes of stimulating a partial return of said balls.

Requiem
10-31-2010, 03:13 PM

This also lets you be creative with draft decisions.

SoCalBronco
10-31-2010, 03:14 PM
This also lets you be creative with draft decisions.

Not if I replaced Xanders.

It would allow Spider to be creative with draft decisions, though. :)

HILife
10-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Fire McDaniels.

Tank the rest of the year.

Finish with the top pick.

Trade Orton.

Fire Wink.

Hire Brian Dawkins as defensive coordinator.

Give Steve Austin a call and see if he wants to coach Special Teams.

Get rid of all those ex-Miami Dolphin DB turds we brought in.

Move the franchise to Wyoming and change our name to the Outlaws.

Can I get a spot?

Bronco Yoda
10-31-2010, 03:15 PM
I'd like to see them all have to swim back home. They could rest each night on the chase boat.

elsid13
10-31-2010, 03:16 PM

Remember when you **** up and bring cold coffee there is a throat punch in it for you.

fontaine
10-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Does the locker room even care about the guy? If they do, then give them the rest of the season to prove it. If they don't, can him and make Wink interim HC and start looking for a real GM.

Yeah, because Wink has shown what a good job he can do with our defense?

We just gave up 24 points (tied highest points the niner's have scored this season) to one of the worst teams in the league going with their backup QB who couldn't beat Alex freakin' Smith?

ROFL!

That's a terrible idea.

Popps
10-31-2010, 03:18 PM

Good lord, the guy who can't figure out how many people should be on the field?

McDaniels looks like Vince Lombadi compared to that guy.

elsid13
10-31-2010, 03:18 PM
Not if I replaced Xanders.

It would allow Spider to be creative with draft decisions, though. :)

Spider drafting techinque would involves players coming into dove valley and running around in gold thongs.

fontaine
10-31-2010, 03:19 PM
As far as Wink Martindale and the bye week is concerened?

How about using the bye to teach this sack of **** how to count because he clearly gets confused with all the complex numbers like how many (9, 10, 12) defenders to have on the field?

Rascal
10-31-2010, 03:19 PM
There is no reason to bench Orton other than for McDaniels to try and save his job.

Requiem
10-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Can I get a spot?

Absolutely.

We need security to replace Fred.

He is the ultimate scapegoat.

You've been promoted.

WolfpackGuy
I say do nothing.

If all the lovers can't see what's going on by now, then let the whole ****** thing ride over the cliff.

WolfpackGuy
As far as Wink Martindale and the bye week is concerened?

How about using the bye to teach this sack of **** how to count because he clearly gets confused with all the complex numbers like how many (9, 10, 12) defenders to have on the field?

And they still picked up the first down with 12 on the field.

Bronco Yoda
Good lord, the guy who can't figure out how many people should be on the field?

McDaniels looks like Vince Lombadi compared to that guy.

But just think of all the money he'd save Bowlen by keeping 51 men on the roster.

elsid13
10-31-2010, 03:22 PM
Where Wabbit when need him.

SoCalBronco
10-31-2010, 03:23 PM
Spider drafting techinque would involves players coming into dove valley and running around in gold thongs.

Don't forget the leather chaps.

HILife
10-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Absolutely.

We need security to replace Fred.

He is the ultimate scapegoat.

You've been promoted.

YESsSSSss!!!!!!

Clockwork Orange
I'd like to see them clean my garage. Make themselves useful.

elsid13
Don't forget the leather chaps.

Those are for players that actually make the team.

elsid13
10-31-2010, 03:27 PM
YESsSSSss!!!!!!

BTW this means you have to get naked Bea Arthur Tattoo on your back. Spider's rules as Head Trucker in Charge

rmsanger
10-31-2010, 03:29 PM
I'd like em to go to hell and refund me my time watching their garbage!

Rabb
10-31-2010, 03:32 PM
I'd like them to learn to count to 11, then come up with new and exciting ways to rack up passing yards without the payoff.

Maybe we could even have a class that reminds the team and coach, it's ok to score in the 1st half.

Also, please just kill Jarvis Moss already.

Rascal
10-31-2010, 03:33 PM
I feel sorry for the fans who have season tickets. They are getting ****ed.

Requiem
10-31-2010, 03:33 PM
I wonder how many bong rips Syd Thompson is going to take before he gets on the airplane tonight.

Bronco Yoda
10-31-2010, 03:37 PM
I wonder...are they all required to go back on the plane or can they stay longer since it's a bye week?

Drek
10-31-2010, 03:38 PM
Where Wabbit when need him.

He almost never posts here anymore. If I recall its largely due to all the chapped ass bitching that goes on around here now.

cutthemdown
10-31-2010, 03:38 PM
Won't get any good replacements right now. No one on staff can coach Broncos and keep Ortons season alive. Best thing is to make Ortons season look good on paper so he isn't ruined going into next yr.

Really until we know who gets fired you can't really speculate on coaches.

I'd love to see Wade come back and coach the defense. Switch to his style 3-4, get doom back, draft front 7 that fits wades defense.

Then get a new oline coach.

Really though i think Mcdaniels could stay, and we could still get it done but the staff would have to change. Also they need a real GM.

But if that stuff a pipe dream then:

You wait until right before playoffs get under way, say a week or so after season, then fire everyone. The GM, the coaching staff etc etc. Then i guess you hire best GM you can get. make a list of the 5 best coaching options and start interviewing and offering jobs to them.

baja
10-31-2010, 03:41 PM
The good news?

There should be less disagreement this week on the OM.

SoCalBronco
10-31-2010, 03:41 PM
The good news?

There should be less disagreement this week on the OM.

Since we are on a bye this week...I am expecting a full report from you on what Josh is up to in Cabo. :)

fontaine
10-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Won't get any good replacements right now. No one on staff can coach Broncos and keep Ortons season alive. Best thing is to make Ortons season look good on paper so he isn't ruined going into next yr.

Really until we know who gets fired you can't really speculate on coaches.

I'd love to see Wade come back and coach the defense. Switch to his style 3-4, get doom back, draft front 7 that fits wades defense.

Then get a new oline coach.

Really though i think Mcdaniels could stay, and we could still get it done but the staff would have to change. Also they need a real GM.

Nailed it.

I would add that I really hope McDaniels learns from his mistakes in meddling with a Mike Nolan defense and not going enough to convince Turner/Dennison stay.

McDaniels is a decent offensive coordinator for the passing game so that's where his influence should stay instead of trying to manage all the aspects of this football team.

WolfpackGuy
10-31-2010, 03:45 PM
"The crown jewel of the open head coaching positions."

What a difference 22 months makes.

baja
10-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Since we are on a bye this week...I am expecting a full report from you on what Josh is up to in Cabo. :)

Not sure I can approve his tourist visa right now.

I got alot of pull down here but the importation officials are strict about importing water fowl........... especially lame duck.

elsid13
10-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Not sure I can approve his tourist visa right now.

I got alot of pull down here but the importation officials are strict about importing water fowl........... especially lame duck.

I think you need to talk to him about yoga

Hercules Rockefeller
10-31-2010, 03:49 PM
I feel sorry for the fans who have season tickets. They are getting ****ed.

Why? Most aren't overreacting b****es who base whether or not they'll keep their tickets based on one season, and anyone who does that shouldn't be a season ticket holder in the first place.

Not giving them up if they go 2-14 this year and 0-16 next year.

And when they return to the top, we'll get to witness that in person while the rest of you have to watch on TV.

oubronco
10-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Develop some old school west coast screen plays for Moreno. He's a great athlete but right now he's looking at two or more defenders in the backfield on every carry. Run some screens and get him some opportunities in space to make something happen.

They did that this game with the same result

Also, strongly consider Bey Bey taking over for Gaffney. It isn't his ideal role but Gafffney has been mediocre this year while Bey Bey has been electric with the ball in his hands. He's also by far a better run blocker, which will only help on the screens we should look to run for Moreno.

Now this is a good idea for whatever reason Gaffney is struggling

As for the actual poll questions:

You can't fire McDaniels mid-season and replace him with an assistant. His assistants are half the problem. At the same time you'll never get a guy like Cowher or Gruden to take over half-way through a season. Starting Tebow behind this OL is like driving a Ferrari on dirt roads. So you live with McDaniels and give him another 8 games to show how much rope he gets going into 2011.

This I totally agree with

Now come 2011 I'd strongly suggest getting Elway into a senior advisor/football personnel type role. Have McDaniels share management duties more than he does now, most notably on how he picks assistants. Overhaul the assistant coaching staff, address the DL decisively in the draft, and see where we are then. I don't think this team is too far away. You don't beat the Titans, hang in so close with the Colts, and nearly beat the Jets like we did in a narrow window if you're a truly **** team. I'm just starting to worry that McDaniels is losing the locker room.

I agree with this as well but would Elway want to get into this. As for the D-line it's a no brainer and we need some roadgraders on the O-line as well

see bold

Rascal
10-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Why? Most are overreacting b****es who base whether or not they'll keep their tickets based on one season, and anyone who does that shouldn't be a season ticket holder in the first place.

Not giving them up if they go 2-14 this year and 0-16 next year.

And when they return to the top, we'll get to witness that in person while the rest of you have to watch on TV.

Really...most season ticket holders are overreacting bitches? Generalize much?

The ones I know have had them for 10+ years and at least half of them won't be getting them next season.

And yes I feel sorry for them.

baja
10-31-2010, 03:54 PM
I think you need to talk to him about yoga

....and meditation

Hercules Rockefeller
10-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Really...most season ticket holders are overreacting b****es? Generalize much?

The ones I know have had them for 10+ years and at least half of them won't be getting them next season.

And yes I feel sorry for them.

Should have been "aren't" not "are".

Good for them, tell them to GTFO then if they're willing to dump them.

baja
10-31-2010, 03:55 PM
I should just bring him in for my full jeddi training

Rascal
10-31-2010, 03:59 PM
I hope they do dump them...that way Bowlen gets the ****ing hint.

oubronco
10-31-2010, 04:03 PM
I hope they do dump them...that way Bowlen gets the ****ing hint.

There will just be hundreds waiting to scoop them up not really a knock upside the head hint to Bowlen

Rascal
10-31-2010, 04:06 PM
When the start selling out it will be a hint.

scttgrd
10-31-2010, 04:15 PM
It's not the sellouts, it will be the people in the seats and the people that leave early that make the statement on this team. Bowlen can't ignore the lack of confidence that fans have in this team. There will always be a sellout for this stadium. If they can't sell out the club level or the skyboxes it might make a difference. It's not like the club level has been a hot ticket in this town. Why is that? Why are those club seats not getting those commitments?

oubronco
10-31-2010, 04:18 PM
It's not the sellouts, it will be the people in the seats and the people that leave early that make the statement on this team. Bowlen can't ignore the lack of confidence that fans have in this team. There will always be a sellout for this stadium. If they can't sell out the club level or the skyboxes it might make a difference. It's not like the club level has been a hot ticket in this town. Why is that? Why are those club seats not getting those commitments?

Economy :ouwknow:

Rabb
10-31-2010, 04:18 PM
it's my first year as a season ticket holder and I wouldn't give them up if we went 0-16

hating the coach is one thing, giving up on my team is stupid and I won't do it

Hercules Rockefeller
10-31-2010, 04:19 PM

They've never sold out the club level, which is why people on here that are on the season ticket wait list say they're getting calls about purchasing club level seats.

Rohirrim
10-31-2010, 04:29 PM
OP question?

Sit around the campfire, strum the quitar, and sing songs together.

(only the old Buffs fans will get this ;D)

oubronco
10-31-2010, 04:31 PM
it's my first year as a season ticket holder and I wouldn't give them up if we went 0-16

hating the coach is one thing, giving up on my team is stupid and I won't do it

I applaud you Rabb

Boogerboots
10-31-2010, 04:35 PM
I voted for status quo for the season with an asterisk... I think the Wink will likely have to go if things on D keep going the way they are right now for the remainder of the year. And such a change will also likely have to happen on special teams as well if our starting field position doesn't improve. We can't get a break on the returns and they run on us almost at will.

Not having Elvis to start the year and then to lose Ayers once he got going to go along with an aging secondary (and Cox) with their dings and bumps thus far wasn't an easy row to hoe. But the scoreboard shouldn't be lit up like Christmas tree when facing a 3rd string San Fran QB and the Madden-esque display that the retreads at Oakland put on us a week ago.

Gruden would be an intriguing option though...

listopencil
10-31-2010, 05:07 PM
5) Learn how to run the ****ing ball.

oubronco
10-31-2010, 05:09 PM
5) Learn how to run the ****ing ball.

Moreno was averaging 4 yds a carry before we abanded the run

baja
10-31-2010, 05:14 PM
I voted for status quo for the season with an asterisk... I think the Wink will likely have to go if things on D keep going the way they are right now for the remainder of the year. And such a change will also likely have to happen on special teams as well if our starting field position doesn't improve. We can't get a break on the returns and they run on us almost at will.

Not having Elvis to start the year and then to lose Ayers once he got going to go along with an aging secondary (and Cox) with their dings and bumps thus far wasn't an easy row to hoe. But the scoreboard shouldn't be lit up like Christmas tree when facing a 3rd string San Fran QB and the Madden-esque display that the retreads at Oakland put on us a week ago.

Gruden would be an intriguing option though...

I thought the D played mostly OK they held Gore mostly in check. We gave up easy points on a turnover. and another TD on a gimpy Goodman.

What was absolutely horrific was the O line.

Jay3
10-31-2010, 05:15 PM
Start Tebow. Change up the plays and play-calling. The O-line can't block this offense. And Orton is not versatile (meaning, there ain't no changing up what you ask him to do) or mobile (meaning, he ain't gonna make a play when it breaks down).

listopencil
10-31-2010, 05:16 PM

Then I think a sniping is in order. Does anyone have a rifle?

colorado jones
10-31-2010, 05:16 PM
Don't forget the assless leather chaps.
Fixed it for you.

fontaine
10-31-2010, 05:17 PM

I still can't believe that. Frisco dominated the time of possession in the 2nd half because all they had to do was bring in the pressure against our weak OL with Orton running for his life.

We became completey predicteable thanks to an idiot head coach who would rather call a tired, stupid, and obvious Tebow play than run the football.

baja
10-31-2010, 05:18 PM
I wondering if the coaches don't like working for Josh. Something is wrong. I like the things Josh is saying but it's not translating on to the field. Maybe he is a disruptive force among his position coaches.

listopencil
10-31-2010, 05:25 PM

Let me add that I didn't get to see the game. I was at work. I walked into the break room and the game was on late in the fourth, maybe 01:30 left and we were down 16 to whatever-the-****-ever it was. Orton was scrambling around, trying to make something happen, almost got picked off. WR made a great defensive play on the ball to save the INT. I went outside to smoke. I walked back inside, Orton gets picked off. Game over. I just assumed that we still can't run the ball.

Popps
10-31-2010, 05:26 PM
I wondering if the coaches don't like working for Josh. Something is wrong. I like the things Josh is saying but it's not translating on to the field. Maybe he is a disruptive force among his position coaches.

I'm not ruling anything out.

But, again... like the last two games... when Goodman just doesn't do what he's supposed to do, is that a coaching error?

When Orton doesn't secure the ball for the 2nd week in a row. Is that McD's fault?

Look, it very well MAY be... I just have a hard time not putting the blame on the professionals out on the field getting paid millions of dollars to play this game.

elsid13
10-31-2010, 06:00 PM

It pretty clear he doesn't delegate anything and attempts to micromanages everything. It darn hard to be successfully when you have boss like that.

baja
10-31-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm not ruling anything out.

But, again... like the last two games... when Goodman just doesn't do what he's supposed to do, is that a coaching error?

When Orton doesn't secure the ball for the 2nd week in a row. Is that McD's fault?

Look, it very well MAY be... I just have a hard time not putting the blame on the professionals out on the field getting paid millions of dollars to play this game.

I don't know Popps when your team is getting 12 men on the field type penalties at mid season procedure calls and motion calls that's on the whole structure. this team does not play together which was something Josh has harped on "Complementary Football"

What ever we know or don't know about this team Popps this is not "Complementary Football" and that was Josh's stated goal.