PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to start Tim Tebow?

Dagmar
10-31-2010, 02:36 PM
We have **** the bed. The season is in the doldrums. I am pretty sure Quoydogs just quoted the stat, 365 with only one TD. That was why we hated the cannon armed beetus.

Taco, I never thought we'd be 2 and 6. I agree with you now.

TheReverend
10-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Week One was the time to start Tim Tebow.

Better late than never.

Requiem
10-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Time to start letting these lazy bums do cocaine on the sidelines, just like the Cowboys did back in the 90s. Maybe it would give them some pep-pep. Most of them look like lethargic asslickers out there.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-31-2010, 02:39 PM
One hundred and fifty percent yESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

RhymesayersDU
10-31-2010, 02:40 PM
This argument will depend on if you support the philosophy of sitting a rookie QB for the first year or not, IMO.

If you think Tebow isn't ready no matter what, then you have to think long-term and what is best for his (and the team's) future.

If you think that guys should be put in right away to get game-time experience, etc, then yes we're not making the playoffs either way, so we might as well see what he can do.

I personally don't think we should start him, but I could understand the argument for him playing.

SonOfLe-loLang
This argument will depend on if you support the philosophy of sitting a rookie QB for the first year or not, IMO.

If you think Tebow isn't ready no matter what, then you have to think long-term and what is best for his (and the team's) future.

If you think that guys should be put in right away to get game-time experience, etc, then yes we're not making the playoffs either way, so we might as well see what he can do.

I personally don't think we should start him, but I could understand the argument for him playing.

Tim Tebow has to be one of the most mentally tough QBs ever to come out of college. Put him in there.

frerottenextelway
My preseason Broncos Super Bowl bet is looking like a bad investment.

NASurfer
I don't think Orton is anywhere near the future with our ultra impressive 7 1st quarter points on the year and garbage time stat padding, but the fact Tebow isn't even getting any pass plays to run concerns me.

Popps
Only so people could see how ridiculous of an idea it is.

I would like to see the kid throw the ball at some point, though.

TonyR
10-31-2010, 02:41 PM
No, but maybe you give him more plays and get him some throws.

RhymesayersDU
10-31-2010, 02:42 PM

Well either this or just using him on the goal line.

If you're going to put him in at the 50 yard line, he has to be a threat to pass. Or just save him as a big athletic body at the goal line.

UberBroncoMan
But Orton is back on track for 5,000 yards!

BowlenBall
Yes... these last two losses are just plain embarassing. Orton's not playing badly, but he's not winning or rallying the team either. Put Tebow in and try to makes something... ANYTHING happen.

Unless it means a whole gameplan of runs up the middle, which seems to be the only play we've got for Tebow in the playbook.

SonOfLe-loLang

At this point, why is it ridiculous. Give him a simpler game plan and let him play. Its not like its gonna ruin our super bowl chances.

TheReverend
10-31-2010, 02:43 PM

Is it more ridiculous to waste half a season not developing him so we're even more fcked next year for two fold reasons?

1. His development is slowed.

2. What if he just sucks and we didn't get a look at it in game action and now we're boned for another year?

DivineBronco
10-31-2010, 02:45 PM
yes no playoffs equals lets at least work on the future

Drek
10-31-2010, 02:45 PM
**** no.

It was "no" last week, it'll be "no" week 10 coming out of the bye. It'll be "no" week 16 if we're 2-13.

He turned 23 in August. He's in need of a significant overhaul to his mechanics. Let him have a year of getting up to speed with limited touches instead of making him carry a team with a piss poor OL and half the defense out with injuries any given week.

In 2011 the young OL will have time to gel, we can let Orton maximize his trade value for a draft day flip, and the defense can hopefully be retooled and re-energized with some new talent on the DL. He can start then at the ripe old age of 24, with Thomas and Decker better prepared to help him along with Lloyd, Gaffney, Royal, etc..

HILife
10-31-2010, 02:46 PM
only if you want to go 2-14

HILife
10-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Week One was the time to start Tim Tebow.

Better late than never.

negative

yavoon
10-31-2010, 02:47 PM
start him....at tight end.

barryr
10-31-2010, 02:48 PM
People want Tebow in there behind this OL the way it is playing? Why? So give them more **** to complain about if Tebow doesn't play well, which is highly likely? The QB play is not the problem on this team. Those that never liked Orton seem to think it is despite the problems on both lines inj particular.

oubronco
10-31-2010, 02:48 PM
Why did we sign some new O-linemen

HILife
10-31-2010, 02:49 PM
We have **** the bed. The season is in the doldrums. I am pretty sure Quoydogs just quoted the stat, 365 with only one TD. That was why we hated the cannon armed beetus.

Taco, I never thought we'd be 2 and 6. I agree with you now.

poll?

SonOfLe-loLang

Youre right, putting in tebow will kill our super bowl chances and slow down our offense that puts up 10-15 points a game.

He's a mentally tough kid who played very well in the preseason and is mobile. I'm ready to see what Tim can do. If you need to simplify the game plan, do it, but he'd hardly be the first QB to play in his rookie year. If he starts poorly, i trust it will not ruin him...he's too much of a competitor, too hard of a worker for that.

Popps
Is it more ridiculous to waste half a season not developing him so we're even more fcked next year for two fold reasons?

2. What if he just sucks and we didn't get a look at it in game action and now we're boned for another year?

So, as opposed to letting Orton (who looks to be on the verge of a Pro Bowl season) further develop... we put in Tebow?

You're robbing from Peter to pay Paul, imo.

I LOVE Tebow. Don't get me wrong. If he starts, I'll be excited as anyone. But, I think Orton is showing himself to be borderline elite, out there.

Again, if Kyle doesn't drop that ball on a scramble... what did the guy do wrong today?

Tighten up his ball security and he's a top 10 QB, without question.

I'm probably overstating it as being a "ridiculous" idea, but when emotions cool and people look at what really happened today... Orton had us in a position to win yet again, and lame calls and pure ****-ups (one WAS his) let the game slip away.

I'll be happy either way, but I'm just concerned that we're looking at a very long time before Tebow is half the passer Orton is.

BlaK-Argentina
I don't know what to think anymore.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-31-2010, 02:50 PM
People want Tebow in there behind this OL the way it is playing? Why? So give them more **** to complain about if Tebow doesn't play well, which is highly likely? The QB play is not the problem on this team. Those that never liked Orton seem to think it is despite the problems on both lines inj particular.

It's not the problem, but Orton isn't the future, and this season is OVER. What do we have to lose?

SonOfLe-loLang
10-31-2010, 02:52 PM
So, as opposed to letting Orton (who looks to be on the verge of a Pro Bowl season) further develop... we put in Tebow?

I LOVE Tebow. Don't get me wrong. If he starts, I'll be excited as anyone. But, I think Orton is showing himself to be borderline elite, out there.

Again, if Kyle doesn't drop that ball on a scramble... what did the guy do wrong today?

I'm probably overstating it as being a "ridiculous" idea, but when emotions cool and people look at what really happened today... Orton had us in a position to win yet again, and lame calls and pure ****-ups (one WAS his) let the game slip away.

I'll be happy either way, but I'm just concerned that we're looking at a very long time before Tebow is half the passer Orton is.

He didn't do anything "wrong" but im not sure how many plays he's leaving on the field either. Point being, the offense was completely stagnant today and has been for much of the season. Again, he's not doing anything POORLY per se, but he's not doing anything exciting either.

BlaK-Argentina
10-31-2010, 02:54 PM

He's also showing some decent mobility. I love Orton... but Tebow intrigues me too.

****. :sunshine:

BlaK-Argentina
10-31-2010, 02:56 PM
He didn't do anything "wrong" but im not sure how many plays he's leaving on the field either. Point being, the offense was completely stagnant today and has been for much of the season. Again, he's not doing anything POORLY per se, but he's not doing anything exciting either.

He made SEVERAL good, exciting plays in the 2nd half. The team's just not there with him. The oline is AWFUL. We had some room to run at the beginning of the game and Moreno looked great. That didn't last long though.

WABronco
Orton is beginning to look like a .300 hitting, 150 lbs shortstop in baseball who has a .300 slugging percentage. That was the analogy I was thinking of.

There is a lot of suck around him, however. And I'd be a little hesitant to just toss Tebow out there, on a ****ty team.

Popps

Really? Hundreds of yards passing every game, including regular deep bombs for TDs? What's exciting, then?

If you mean WINS, well... I agree... but that's a whole separate issue.

Give Kyle a running game and some defensive help and I think we're looking at a playoff team. Now, can we do that by next season? I don't know, but I'll go out on a limb and say that Tebow won't be anywhere near Orton's level by the start of next season.

Again, this goes back to my theory that no matter how we lose... people need to blame the QB. It's just easier. It's simpler for people to understand.

Now, TODAY... Kyle really did make a key error. But, 90% of the time this season... he's been carrying the offense with very little help.

barryr
10-31-2010, 02:57 PM
It's not the problem, but Orton isn't the future, and this season is OVER. What do we have to lose?

Putting in a rookie QB who isn't ready to play and who performs badly because of it and loses confidence that nevber really comes back. The NFL is littered with such instances of QB's who just weren't ready and got shellshocked. If the OL could run the ball at all and protect the QB better, then maybe I would be for it, but of course if the OL was performing better, there wouldn't be this discussion in the first place. Not to mention if they had a defense that made any significant plays.

Rabb
10-31-2010, 02:58 PM
no I think we should stick to what we are doing, it's clearly working

WolfpackGuy
10-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Tebow ain't the answer.

This is A LOT bigger than Tebow.

Ray Finkle
10-31-2010, 03:00 PM
If I knew what to do, I'd be working in the NFL....

Popps
He's also showing some decent mobility. I love Orton... but Tebow intrigues me too.

****. :sunshine:

Joking aside, he can't run for ****... but he IS more elusive this season. He has to be.

That's what I'm talking about. If he just works on securing the ball, the guy is playing near-perfect football.

Worry about what's AROUND him... and then let's analyze QBs.

SonOfLe-loLang
Really? Hundreds of yards passing every game, including regular deep bombs for TDs? What's exciting, then?

If you mean WINS, well... I agree... but that's a whole separate issue.

Give Kyle a running game and some defensive help and I think we're looking at a playoff team. Now, can we do that by next season? I don't know, but I'll go out on a limb and say that Tebow won't be anywhere near Orton's level by the start of next season.

Again, this goes back to my theory that no matter how we lose... people need to blame the QB. It's just easier. It's simpler for people to understand.

Now, TODAY... Kyle really did make a key error. But, 90% of the time this season... he's been carrying the offense with very little help.

Again, I like orton and think he's playing decently. He racks up lots of yardage, but its hard to see (because we dont have the angles) how many plays he's leaving on the field. The point is, its not just this game, its a trend, so it has to be SOMETHING. Offensive success generally starts with the QB and we just don't score points. Maybe he's not taking advantage of the right opportunities, I dont know what the problem is, but the empirical evidence shows (for the most part) that the offense just needs something different.

Bronco Yoda
I think it's high time to let Timmy throw the ball when he's in there. At this point, it's just getting stupid. We all know what's being called.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Putting in a rookie QB who isn't ready to play and who performs badly because of it and loses confidence that nevber really comes back. The NFL is littered with such instances of QB's who just weren't ready and got shellshocked. If the OL could run the ball at all and protect the QB better, then maybe I would be for it, but of course if the OL was performing better, there wouldn't be this discussion in the first place. Not to mention if they had a defense that made any significant plays.

How do you know he's not ready to play? Tim Tebow is a VERY mentally strong guy, he's not fragile. He's incredibly unique. I say put him in there and see if there's something.

ColoradoDarin
10-31-2010, 03:02 PM
**** no.

It was "no" last week, it'll be "no" week 10 coming out of the bye. It'll be "no" week 16 if we're 2-13.

He turned 23 in August. He's in need of a significant overhaul to his mechanics. Let him have a year of getting up to speed with limited touches instead of making him carry a team with a piss poor OL and half the defense out with injuries any given week.

In 2011 the young OL will have time to gel, we can let Orton maximize his trade value for a draft day flip, and the defense can hopefully be retooled and re-energized with some new talent on the DL. He can start then at the ripe old age of 24, with Thomas and Decker better prepared to help him along with Lloyd, Gaffney, Royal, etc..

This. Man Drek, you've been on a roll lately, easily a top 5 poster :P I'd rather let Orton pad his stats, let Tebow continue to develop (yes people, he can still develop without playing time this year) and flip him for a couple of 2nds in the off season to a team in need of a QB (AZ, MN).

WolfpackGuy
10-31-2010, 03:02 PM
The only reason I would want him to start is to see what those 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks were really worth.

WABronco
10-31-2010, 03:03 PM
Joking aside, he can't run for ****... but he IS more elusive this season. He has to be.

That's what I'm talking about. If he just works on securing the ball, the guy is playing near-perfect football.

Worry about what's AROUND him... and then let's analyze QBs.

I actually agree with you on this. However, when he makes errors they just compound the situation. He's not helping himself or his ****ty team with mistakes.

barryr
10-31-2010, 03:03 PM
Putting Tebow in there is not somehow going to make the OL run block any better or help this defense play better. Thosee are the issues and until they get improved, won't matter who the QB is. But putting in Tebow right now shows the rest of the team the coaches have given up and hard to see how that is going to fire up the team and make then play harder.

Drek
10-31-2010, 03:04 PM

With our currently OL its pretty much impossible to tell if he's good or not this year.

Taco John
10-31-2010, 03:05 PM
If we started Tebow at QB, would he get to throw the ball ever, or just rush all the time?

SonOfLe-loLang
10-31-2010, 03:07 PM
If we started Tebow at QB, would he get to throw the ball ever, or just rush all the time?

Wishbone!

barryr
How do you know he's not ready to play? Tim Tebow is a VERY mentally strong guy, he's not fragile. He's incredibly unique. I say put him in there and see if there's something.

Maybe week 13 if season is practically done, but right now, it's a stupid, panic move destined to fail. Not many rookie QB's are ready their first year and this offense apparently takes time to learn.

WABronco

If prior history is any indication...

gyldenlove
Tebow won't help this team win right now, and we don't need any help losing. Keep him on the bench and hope his development proceeds as planned.

Broncoman13
**** no.

Problem is he's not getting any help during the season. McD has too many things to focus on rather than trying to bring along his QB experiment/future. So right now, you have Ben McDaniels and perhaps the token OC McCoy working with Tebow... how much help do you think he's getting from those two yahoos? Ben McDaniels knows as much about QBing as you or me! You want to develop Tebow during the season, move him up to #1 so he's getting those reps and the coaching from McD.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Maybe week 13 if season is practically done, but right now, it's a stupid, panic move destined to fail. Not many rookie QB's are ready their first year and this offense apparently takes time to learn.

But why is it a "panic move" Have you watched this team? THEY ARE DONE

SonOfLe-loLang
10-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Tebow won't help this team win right now, and we don't need any help losing. Keep him on the bench and hope his development proceeds as planned.

What if having him play was better for his development right now?

WolfpackGuy
10-31-2010, 03:11 PM
Teams will come after and kill Tebow.

SonOfLe-loLang
Problem is he's not getting any help during the season. McD has too many things to focus on rather than trying to bring along his QB experiment/future. So right now, you have Ben McDaniels and perhaps the token OC McCoy working with Tebow... how much help do you think he's getting from those two yahoos? Ben McDaniels knows as much about QBing as you or me! You want to develop Tebow during the season, move him up to #1 so he's getting those reps and the coaching from McD.

Why do you assume Ben McDaniels knows nothing about QB'ing? From what we can tlel, he's incredibly hands on with the QB's and our QBs (in preseason and regular have looked fine)

barryr
But why is it a "panic move" Have you watched this team? THEY ARE DONE

So the team will play even harder now with that supposed knowledge?

SonOfLe-loLang

So youre saying teams normally dont come after the quarterback

Bronco Yoda
10-31-2010, 03:12 PM
This. Man Drek, you've been on a roll lately, easily a top 5 poster :P I'd rather let Orton pad his stats, let Tebow continue to develop (yes people, he can still develop without playing time this year) and flip him for a couple of 2nds in the off season to a team in need of a QB (AZ, MN).

Hilarious! Can you imagine the meltdown if we shipped off Tebow without ever even starting him. This place would turn Apocalyptic. We're talking full meltdown in the order never seen here before.

Think Shanahan, Turner, Cutler, Hillis, Marshall, Scheff all rolled up times ten!

gyldenlove
10-31-2010, 03:13 PM
What if having him play was better for his development right now?

Behind that offensive line? The only thing about him that will develope is his reflexes and peripheral vision, his development as a QB will go the way of David Carr though.

SonOfLe-loLang
So the team will play even harder now with that supposed knowledge?

Because its playing hard now. How do you know the team wont rally around Tim? He's an inspiring guy, this is what he does.

gyldenlove

I am fairly certain that is illegal in at least 49 states, not 100% sure where South Dakota stands on that one.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Behind that offensive line? The only thing about him that will develope is his reflexes and peripheral vision, his development as a QB will go the way of David Carr though.

But you don't know that. We can alllll agree tim is mentally tough right? That's his thing. He's also a playmaker (at least in college). This line isnt as swiss cheese as that texan line and i trust mcD to design a game plan to protect him. Yes, some QB's have their development stunted, but some dont! So, knowing his mental toughness, im ready to see what he has.

For all we know, David Carr might have always been a vagina. I know Timmy isnt.

barryr
10-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Because its playing hard now. How do you know the team wont rally around Tim? He's an inspiring guy, this is what he does.

There are tons of examples of teams rallying around a rookie QB at midseason? The OL and the front seven on defense will suddenly start performing great because Tebow is at QB?

BroncosSR
10-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Again, I like orton and think he's playing decently. He racks up lots of yardage, but its hard to see (because we dont have the angles) how many plays he's leaving on the field. The point is, its not just this game, its a trend, so it has to be SOMETHING. Offensive success generally starts with the QB and we just don't score points. Maybe he's not taking advantage of the right opportunities, I dont know what the problem is, but the empirical evidence shows (for the most part) that the offense just needs something different.

Couldn't agree more. A change of scenery is needed.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-31-2010, 03:17 PM
There are tons of examples of teams rallying around a rookie QB at midseason? The OL and the front seven on defense will suddenly start performing great because Tebow is at QB?

How do you know they wont? What exactly are we sacrificing by making this move? Our amazing current success? If Tim comes in and plays well, yes, they will rally around him (vince young wasnt a rookie last season, but think along Tenn 09)

barryr
10-31-2010, 03:20 PM
How do you know they wont? What exactly are we sacrificing by making this move? Our amazing current success? If Tim comes in and plays well, yes, they will rally around him (vince young wasnt a rookie last season, but think along Tenn 09)

You sacrifice putting a rookie in there who isn't ready and gets his brains bashed in and he never recovers. The NFL has a long line of QB's that happened to. Young came in not just because the Titans were losing, but also because Collins was playing horribly, which is not the case with Orton.

BroncosSR
10-31-2010, 03:20 PM

The game-ending, drive-killing INT was pretty big. It was a floater of a pass when you need more high-percentage pass. It was a bad decision that cost them big time.

bpc
10-31-2010, 03:21 PM
This team is done. The only thing that would keep me from firing McDaniels outright is the possible development of Tebow. However, with the suckitude he's brought over the whole team, i'm not so sure having an ACTUAL coach working w/ Tebow would be such a bad-thing vs. this jackass McD and his HS coach brother/newly minted NFL QB coach.

BroncosSR
10-31-2010, 03:23 PM

Look at what happened when he scored. Everybody on the sideline got a little step back in him. I'm ready for him. I think some practical experience is what the guy needs...

Drek
10-31-2010, 03:25 PM
More importantly, with those OL would he ever have the chance to throw, or would he need to run as soon as he catches the snap all the time?

Yes, a guy who was a D1A college QB knows as much about the position as some random people on a message board. Never mind that he actually has coaching experience as a D1A graduate assistant too. Obviously he knows nothing.

Same with McCoy. He's got to be a puppet right? I mean in his time with Carolina its not like he didn't coach the best performances out of Jake Delhomme and Matt Moore only to see both of them play like dog **** as soon as he left. John Fox obviously doesn't know **** about coaching and was an absolute fool for letting McCoy work with his QBs for over 5 years.

WolfpackGuy
10-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Like I said, this mess is A LOT bigger than Tebow.

barryr
Look at what happened when he scored. Everybody on the sideline got a little step back in him. I'm ready for him. I think some practical experience is what the guy needs...

So the team got more a special feeling because it was Tebow that scored? Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

gyldenlove
But you don't know that. We can alllll agree tim is mentally tough right? That's his thing. He's also a playmaker (at least in college). This line isnt as swiss cheese as that texan line and i trust mcD to design a game plan to protect him. Yes, some QB's have their development stunted, but some dont! So, knowing his mental toughness, im ready to see what he has.

For all we know, David Carr might have always been a vagina. I know Timmy isnt.

Being that Mcd has enough problems designing a game plane that can put points on the board right now, I wouldn't want him to have to focus on changing everything to fit in a different type of QB, he had all offseason to try to improve the scoring and couldn't, I doubt he can do much in 2 weeks.

The problem with putting in Tebow right now in my estimation is that he will have to play on instinct and reflexes, which means he will revert to his old throwing motion, and if he gets locked into that now he will never get rid of it. We have seen in the past that a slow delivery is a QB killer in the NFL, especially behind an offensive line with as many problems and as poor coaching as ours.

I would rather give Quinn the start and leave Tebow as a situational player, give him time to fully absorb the playbook and get situated. I think sitting is what helped turn guys like Schaub and Rodgers into legit players, and what caused guys like Carr and Alex Smith to wash out.

Tebow is definitely tough, but being a tough loser is still being a loser. We need him to be a winner, and I don't think he is ready yet.

Bronco Yoda
10-31-2010, 03:27 PM
No way Josh throws him into the fire unless absolutely needed. He's not even letting him throw the ball when he comes in for the supposed gadget plays.

NYBronco
10-31-2010, 03:31 PM
Continue with Orton.

bpc
10-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Just to stay on point, there's no way Josh lets him play. He's built him up all the way to the draft, hyped him all offseason and now the seasons here and he's using him as a running QB. That's all.

We might as well bring back B Van Pelt, he could do the same damn things sans a 1st round draft pick.

WolfpackGuy
10-31-2010, 03:33 PM
Tebow wouldn't make it out of the first game.

Quoydogs
10-31-2010, 03:34 PM
No way Josh throws him into the fire unless absolutely needed. He's not even letting him throw the ball when he comes in for the supposed gadget plays.

Yeah, what the hell is up with that ? If you draft a QB in the first round he should be at least be able to throw for one fricken play.

Rabb
10-31-2010, 03:36 PM
Yeah, what the hell is up with that ? If you draft a QB in the first round he should be at least be able to throw for one fricken play.

he's setting it up for a meaningless score later in the year...just watch

it will be awesome and send the fans into a frenzy amidst a loss and boy will it fool/embarrass the poor team that hoped for a shutout against us

NOT ON TIM'S WATCH!!!

Bronc62
10-31-2010, 03:42 PM
My avatar says different, but NO on starting Tebow right now.

fontaine
10-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Tebow with his lack of experience will get seriously hurt behind this offensive line, combined by the total refusal by McDaniels to even try and run the ball.

Steve Sewell
10-31-2010, 03:57 PM
I get this Jake Plummer-ish feeling with Orton. The only difference is that we don't win ballgames with Orton.

So yes, get Tebow in there.

HorseHead
10-31-2010, 04:59 PM
what kind of line does Bradford have? Serious question, last time I checked, all Bradford has is Jackson....I know his game is much more refined tha Tim's. But the kid has lookded good for the Rams.

Rohirrim
10-31-2010, 05:01 PM
Tebow with his lack of experience will get seriously hurt behind this offensive line, combined by the total refusal by McDaniels to even try and run the ball.

This. All you would be doing is throwing a pork chop to the dogs.

oubronco
10-31-2010, 05:03 PM
I think we need to trade Tebow for a great D-Lineman

oubronco
10-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Haloti for Tebow. Straight up. ;D

I'd be down for that

fontaine
10-31-2010, 05:06 PM
I think we need to trade Tebow for a great D-Lineman

Jarvis Green? Lekevin Smith?

WolfpackGuy
10-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Teboz for Ngata?

Spectacular, but Ozzie Newsome ain't stupid.

How about Teboz for that 2, 3, and 4 the Broncos handed to them?

oubronco
10-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Jarvis Green? Lekevin Smith?

Come on you can do better than that

Jay3
10-31-2010, 05:21 PM
Start him. He will develop at a Jedi pace. He's a natural, instinctive football player.

Not only will he get some great experience, he might be able to help turn things around with an infusion of energy, a different look on offense with different play-calling, and teh ability to sustain drives by picking up first downs.

fontaine
10-31-2010, 05:23 PM
Come on you can do better than that

Apparently we can't.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-31-2010, 06:54 PM
Just to stay on point, there's no way Josh lets him play. He's built him up all the way to the draft, hyped him all offseason and now the seasons here and he's using him as a running QB. That's all.

We might as well bring back B Van Pelt, he could do the same damn things sans a 1st round draft pick.

Yeah, because the NFL is only one season long. Youre a ****in moron.

razorwire77
10-31-2010, 07:04 PM
No way should we start Tebow. With our lack of running game, banged up and inconsistent line, with a rookie C and offensive philosophy, there is very little good that came come of it. Orton has one of the best play action fakes in the league. It's really amazing that he can still get defenses to bite on it. Tebow's probably isn't that good and teams are going really beat the hell out of him. Keep putting him in during special packages, but let him throw out of them a couple times a game.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2010, 07:11 PM

Like they're killing Orton? Difference is Orton moves like old people f##K, at least Tebow can scramble and make a play.

Who gives a ****, right now a lockout season seems to be about the best thing that can happen to this merry band of dipsh#ts.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Start him. He will develop at a Jedi pace. He's a natural, instinctive football player.

Not only will he get some great experience, he might be able to help turn things around with an infusion of energy, a different look on offense with different play-calling, and teh ability to sustain drives by picking up first downs.

Agreed. "He'll get killed out there" is a load. People talk about Tebow like he's the good china like we should just keep him on the shelf to look at and think about how nice it will be when we get to use it one day. Bull****, Tebow eats rocks and craps gunpowder. If he can play in the NFL then let's roll if not, we move on. But Christ all this nonsense about his motion this and mechanics that. What's the worst that could happen if he plays? We go out and lose to the Raiders by 45? Go to London and get walked on by the 1 win Niners? Drop lower than the worst team in the league? Yeah, the Bills play us today the Bills win. Christ, out of 32 NFL teams I'd rank this Broncos club about 45th; putting most backup/practice squad players ahead of these retards. They're an embarassment, top to bottom.

TheReverend
10-31-2010, 07:55 PM

Hilarious!

Seriously please stop. I just ate.

LOL

Ambiguous
10-31-2010, 07:58 PM
Agreed. "He'll get killed out there" is a load. People talk about Tebow like he's the good china like we should just keep him on the shelf to look at and think about how nice it will be when we get to use it one day. Bull****, Tebow eats rocks and craps gunpowder. If he can play in the NFL then let's roll if not, we move on. But Christ all this nonsense about his motion this and mechanics that. What's the worst that could happen if he plays? We go out and lose to the Raiders by 45? Go to London and get walked on by the 1 win Niners? Drop lower than the worst team in the league? Yeah, the Bills play us today the Bills win. Christ, out of 32 NFL teams I'd rank this Broncos club about 45th; putting most backup/practice squad players ahead of these retards. They're an embarassment, top to bottom.

I'm with you, we can't really get much worse. Might as well see what happens.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2010, 07:58 PM
Hilarious!

LOL

Serious question: Who was the last QB on a 4 win team to go to the Pro Bowl?

Ambiguous
10-31-2010, 07:59 PM
Hilarious!

LOL

He is developing into a guy that could average 600 yards an at least 1 TD a game.

TheReverend
10-31-2010, 08:01 PM
Serious question: Who was the last QB on a 4 win team to go to the Pro Bowl?

Apr 2009- "Orton is a stats guy but he JUST WINS GAMES"

Now- "OMG DO YOU SEE ORTONS YARDAGE?!?!?!?!"

Make up your mind, fruits.

dsmoot
10-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Apr 2009- "Orton is a stats guy but he JUST WINS GAMES"

Now- "OMG DO YOU SEE ORTONS YARDAGE?!?!?!?!"

Make up your mind, fruits.

In the last 17 games, where are the wins

DBroncos4life
10-31-2010, 08:24 PM

Like that isn't a possibility without him starting.

WolfpackGuy
10-31-2010, 08:26 PM
In the last 17 games, where are the wins

Who needs that?

Toughness, intelligence, and accountability are what's important now.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2010, 08:26 PM
If Orton were the problem with this team, I'd be down with the idea. He's not, and I'm not. /shrug

McD doesn't even trust him to throw the ball, let alone throw it downfield, and we want him running the offense?

How about the long-term development goals for Tebow? Do we care about that?

Dedhed
10-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Starting Tebow would be the worst thing you could do for him, and the future of this team.

People who think benching Orton would do anything but tear the locker room apart aren't paying attention.

Orton still gives this team the best chance of winning now, and if you want the team to truly be Tebow's in the future you wait until every player in the locker room believes he's a better option.

gyldenlove
10-31-2010, 08:34 PM
what kind of line does Bradford have? Serious question, last time I checked, all Bradford has is Jackson....I know his game is much more refined tha Tim's. But the kid has lookded good for the Rams.

Having a RB who can carry the rock 30 times a game is huge for a rookie QB, Bradford is not the guy the other team is focusing on, with us, Tebow will be the guy the other team is focusing on.

ScottXray
10-31-2010, 08:36 PM
The game-ending, drive-killing INT was pretty big. It was a floater of a pass when you need more high-percentage pass. It was a bad decision that cost them big time.

Sorry, but I think that may have been on Gaffney. It looked like Orton had him running a hitch or curl and Gaffney didn't. we probably won't ever know because he doesn't throw others under the bus, but I'd bet that was Gaffneys mistake.

Of course Orton did make the stupid turnover on his scramble, and he also screwed up the other scramble diving forward to end up 3 yards short of the 1st down marker.
I guess he also is getting tired of being the only offense this team can generate. But when he has to run for his life to keep from getting killed all the time, BAD things will happen.

Drek
10-31-2010, 08:40 PM

Bradford has been hit and miss for the Rams and their OL has the #2 overall pick from '09 (Smith) at one tackle spot and the first pick in the second round last year (Saffold) at the other. Their starting center was signed away from the Ravens in the '09 off-season as well and is a solidly above average player himself.

Bradford's game is also different than Tebow's. Bradford nickel and dimes teams. It works in the Ed where he doesn't need to worry about weather and its various effects that can rob him of a completion but its a big part of why the Rams can't win on the road.

He's also taken a ton of hard shots because he hangs onto the ball too long. So far the Rams have gotten lucky, but if he takes a hit that ends his season and/or career everyone is going to start pointing fingers and asking why a rookie QB was thrown into the fire so quickly.

TheReverend
10-31-2010, 08:43 PM
Like that isn't a possibility without him starting.

Na man, we're clearly in the hunt for a wildcard. :spit:

uplink
10-31-2010, 08:44 PM
Orton deserves the chance to finish the season out as long as he is playing decently.

Atwater His Ass
10-31-2010, 08:53 PM
Orton doesn't deserve anything. McD needs to decide what's in the best interest for the Denver Broncos moving forward in their current situation. Is it better to get some seasoning in an already wasted season for the young QB or not? Will the vets on the team quit if he plays the rookie? What kind of message does it send to the fan base, by bascially throwing in the towel early for this seaosn with hopes of accelerating progress for next season?

ColoradoDarin
10-31-2010, 09:06 PM
Hilarious! Can you imagine the meltdown if we shipped off Tebow without ever even starting him. This place would turn Apocalyptic. We're talking full meltdown in the order never seen here before.

Think Shanahan, Turner, Cutler, Hillis, Marshall, Scheff all rolled up times ten!

Poor typing on my part, I did mean to say that I'd trade Orton. And yeah, a Tebow trade would melt this place down to the earth's core.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2010, 09:12 PM
Starting Tebow would be the worst thing you could do for him, and the future of this team.

People who think benching Orton would do anything but tear the locker room apart aren't paying attention.

Orton still gives this team the best chance of winning now, and if you want the team to truly be Tebow's in the future you wait until every player in the locker room believes he's a better option.

I'm glad the locker room is together as this ship of fools flops, flounders and sinks. As long as they get the "We got along well" award at the end of the year.

If Orton is the best chance of winning now, plugging those 4 wins in the last 17 games, including embarassments at home, on the road, and across the pond then I don't know that we're appreciably worse off handing the keys to the kid. At least Tebow would make things entertaining. I don't dislike Orton but switching around OL personnel, shifting personnel on the depth chart, practice squad this, training room that, gimmick formations the other hasn't accomplished squat. F it, make the bold move McKid. He was all about bold moves when it came to shopping Cutler for Cassell and ending up with Orton. He was all bluster when he rattled off 6 straight wins, including the shagtastic victory against the Pats and then nothing. Like he peaked or some such ****. Hell with it, get bold, bench Orton and let's have a little fun while the ship sinks. If its gonna get blown up anyway give me a reason to watch. Right now it is uninspired, ill prepared, mistake laden, heartless, soulless, punching the clock and collecting the check football. Whoop. Dee. Doo.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm glad the locker room is together as this ship of fools flops, flounders and sinks. As long as they get the "We got along well" award at the end of the year.

If Orton is the best chance of winning now, plugging those 4 wins in the last 17 games, including embarassments at home, on the road, and across the pond then I don't know that we're appreciably worse off handing the keys to the kid. At least Tebow would make things entertaining. I don't dislike Orton but switching around OL personnel, shifting personnel on the depth chart, practice squad this, training room that, gimmick formations the other hasn't accomplished squat. F it, make the bold move McKid. He was all about bold moves when it came to shopping Cutler for Cassell and ending up with Orton. He was all bluster when he rattled off 6 straight wins, including the shagtastic victory against the Pats and then nothing. Like he peaked or some such ****. Hell with it, get bold, bench Orton and let's have a little fun while the ship sinks. If its gonna get blown up anyway give me a reason to watch. Right now it is uninspired, ill prepared, mistake laden, heartless, soulless, punching the clock and collecting the check football. Whoop. Dee. Doo.

It's appreciably worse for the long-term future of a very raw QB project who has yet to throw the football. Clearly, he's still missing some things when it comes to his delivery, his mechanics, or learning the offense, or we would see more from him, don't you think?

But he should just go out there, be a trooper, and get killed in the name of entertaining you?

No thanks.

You may not like having a shot to win every week -- which is what Orton gives us at that position -- but I do. And we can do so while Tebow is learning to be better. Sorry if that doesn't entertain you as much as watching a raw quarterback run around for his life in the backfield.

broncosteven
10-31-2010, 09:33 PM

Hey anytime you want a sure fire 1 yard gain on 1st and ten you can't go wrong with the Swap gas package.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2010, 09:36 PM
It's appreciably worse for the long-term future of a very raw QB project who has yet to throw the football. Clearly, he's still missing some things when it comes to his delivery, his mechanics, or learning the offense, or we would see more from him, don't you think?

But he should just go out there, be a trooper, and get killed in the name of entertaining you?

No thanks.

He's a world class athlete in peak physical form. He is one of the biggest and strongest and most agile QBs, hell players, in the NFL and he'd be coming into a league that kills itself protecting the QB. I'm more concerned about his health when we bring him in to QB and everybody in the football world knows he isn't going to throw it. That puts him at more risk than letting him just play. If he's man enough to run the ball in the NFL he's man enough to play QB. And yes, this is all about my entertainment. If none of this were entertaining these guys would be playing YMCA league flag football or none at all. There's a reason people don't buy $100 tickets to watch Bruce in accounting do the monthly payrolls...that **** ain't entertaining. WTF? Am I off base here?

Popps
10-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Hilarious!

LOL

Stats-wise, he's in the running, man. Hate to break it to you.

For all the team's woes, no one outside of Denver is blaming those on Orton. All they see is a ton of yards, efficient TD/INT ratio and a great rating.

If he stays healthy, he'll be in the running, stats-wise... it appears. Not sure what part you're not clear on.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Hey anytime you want a sure fire 1 yard gain on 1st and ten you can't go wrong with the Swap gas package.

No kidding. I think that formation has really lost its effectiveness at keeping the defense on its heels. Right now McKid has DCs in the league crapping themselves, "Oh ****, Tebow's in, we better move the safeties back he may stretch the field here. But he is also a running threat. What the hell should we do? Damn you McDaniels!!"

RaiderH8r
10-31-2010, 09:40 PM

For all the team's woes, no one outside of Denver is blaming those on Orton. All they see is a ton of yards, efficient TD/INT ratio and a great rating.

If he stays healthy, he'll be in the running, stats-wise... it appears. Not sure what part you're not clear on.

I'll meet you half way, I'll make sure he gets on my league's FFB pro bowl team. He won't get to go to Hawaii but more people will probably tune into our league's telecast.

BroncosSR
10-31-2010, 09:54 PM

No thanks.

You may not like having a shot to win every week -- which is what Orton gives us at that position -- but I do. And we can do so while Tebow is learning to be better. Sorry if that doesn't entertain you as much as watching a raw quarterback run around for his life in the backfield.

You may be right but I'm not sure what this supposition is based on. The fact he hasn't played or thrown the ball? McDaniels also just said it was ridiculous to lean on the guy in short yardage. He appears to be the only one capable of getting short yardage. Orton is close as the leading rusher of this team. In that case, wouldn't make sense to have a QB that can maximize that yardage? All I'm saying there's just as many bad decisions that have been made that I don't know if not playing him is the right one. I think there is more evidence is to the contrary. Practical experience is often the best teacher. I just want a competitive football team to root for.

BroncosSR
10-31-2010, 09:56 PM
I'll meet you half way, I'll make sure he gets on my league's FFB pro bowl team. He won't get to go to Hawaii but more people will probably tune into our league's telecast.

Rather amusing comment.

cabronco
10-31-2010, 09:59 PM
I wouldnt bench Orton right now, he's not the problem. The problems are the Offensive line and defensive line. Besides if Orton stays on pace, who knows by the end of the year Chicago may be offering us a draft pick or two for Orton back. :wiggle:

Hulamau
10-31-2010, 10:26 PM

For sure Was a mistake to put him in in the middle of a series toward the end of the game for one off tackle dive for one yard on 2nd down as I think it did break Ortons rhythm right there and led to no good.

At least let him throw on a play action where he has the choice and make the D be honest for a change.

Ambiguous
10-31-2010, 11:31 PM

I use to like your unbridled optimism about this team. Hell, I even bought in for a while - but really what the hell is it going to take for you to have even a somewhat rationale view of what they really are?

Orton put up great stats today... No one else got the memo here, everything is fine.

Ambiguous
10-31-2010, 11:35 PM
I wouldnt bench Orton right now, he's not the problem. The problems are the Offensive line and defensive line. Besides if Orton stays on pace, who knows by the end of the year Chicago may be offering us a draft pick or two for Orton back. :wiggle:

The ****ed up thing is, with McDumbass at the helm, I can't even get excited about draft picks.

Ambiguous
10-31-2010, 11:46 PM
You may be right but I'm not sure what this supposition is based on. The fact he hasn't played or thrown the ball? McDaniels also just said it was ridiculous to lean on the guy in short yardage. He appears to be the only one capable of getting short yardage. Orton is close as the leading rusher of this team. In that case, wouldn't make sense to have a QB that can maximize that yardage? All I'm saying there's just as many bad decisions that have been made that I don't know if not playing him is the right one. I think there is more evidence is to the contrary. Practical experience is often the best teacher. I just want a competitive football team to root for.

We really shouldn't even be having a QB conversation then. Root for Bowlen to actually hire a GM. Root for bringing in a scouting staff worth a damn.

And for the love of Christ or whatever you find holy, FIRE MCDANIELS. Please.

hambone13
10-31-2010, 11:47 PM
With our currently OL its pretty much impossible to tell if he's good or not this year.

Yeah, but what about the experience. Isn't that still considered to be invaluable?

I can see how you don't start him if our record is a bit better but seriously, is this really just an opportunity to extend Orton's numbers because he executes the offense well in a situation where teams are playing us as a pass only team and letting him rack yards up? We don't have an accurate measurement on Orton's numbers because teams are game planning against us with "Can't run, Can't defend the run in mind" (not to mention, can't score in the red zone). "Let's let 'em pass a lot but not let 'em score" is the theme of every DC in the league when they game plan against us. If injury is an issue in the future, I would always relish the possibility of mobility.

Atwater His Ass
10-31-2010, 11:56 PM
It's fair to say that McD's job is in serious jeporady as soon as this season and it's not a stretch to consider that Bowlen will not extend him after 2011.

If McD's tenure is in any way tied to Tebow, as most seem to believe, it gets interesting questioning what McD's frame of mind is in playing Tebow and saving face on his infant coaching career thus far.

Ambiguous
11-01-2010, 12:20 AM
It's fair to say that McD's job is in serious jeporady as soon as this season and it's not a stretch to consider that Bowlen will not extend him after 2011.

Jesus pinhead tapdancing Christ, if they actually extend this asshole I will really be on a ledge.

If McD's tenure is in any way tied to Tebow, as most seem to believe, it gets interesting questioning what McD's frame of mind is in playing Tebow and saving face on his infant coaching career thus far.

It absolutely is; especially when you take in to consideration all of the media criticism that came with the pick. These are the things that make or break coaches, and the fact that we have seen the guy on nothing but gimmick plays speaks the truth about what we really have.

I'm not going to totally write off Tebow now, but by virtue of Orton being extended,he's not what a first round QB should be. This isn't a crucifixion of him as much as it is of the guys who made the pick. That said, I wholeheartedly believe that this semblance of a front office will use him as a reason to cite his "development" as a reason to keep their jobs.

strafen
11-01-2010, 12:47 AM

I would like to see the kid throw the ball at some point, though.I'd like to see that ridiculous of an idea take place.
If you think Tebow is NOT better than Orton, then we're royally ****ed!

I'm sure once he start producing, I'll be anxiously waiting for your ridiculous threads about how you were right all along about Tebow, and how you thought the kid was good, but it was too early to start him, yadah, yadah, yadah...

strafen
11-01-2010, 12:50 AM

If McD's tenure is in any way tied to Tebow, as most seem to believe, it gets interesting questioning what McD's frame of mind is in playing Tebow and saving face on his infant coaching career thus far.McWeasel will try to buy another year by holding Tebow out as long as he can this year with the understanding that he may start him next year.
That's how he's going to suck Mr Bowlen in for this year...

footstepsfrom#27
11-01-2010, 01:19 AM
**** no.

This...

hambone13
11-01-2010, 01:33 AM
This...

Ok, I get it. I see Orton's numbers being ridiculous in relation to the team and his trade value as precisely that, inflated. However, put on a team like the Vikings, he could flourish now. Let's put Tebow in and try him out, we have nothing to lose. This isn't your typical character. Frankly, his character is arguably more significant than the talent he displayed to be described as the "Greatest Collge Football Player, ever." I'm not going to list them, you're real football fans, but news just in, "Rookie QB's can make a difference in their first year."

I don't care if he needs work on his mechanics. He wants to play and he wants to win like no other in College football history. He has a huge upside with his size and strength, more so than that of many other rookie QB's. I vote for betting against injury risk and voting for reps to understand the speed of the next level. He's an extreme case, he rates extreme opportunity. We can find another Orton if he's as bad as Orton.

Cito Pelon
11-01-2010, 02:36 AM

I don't buy into this panic stuff. The team needed something like 12-13 new starters to be competitive after the 2006-2008 decline. That doesn't happen with a snap of the fingers.

A new coach has to be given time to build his team, that's a given every time after a regime change. So far it's only been 24 games since the regime change. And there are plenty of young players on this team that have potential galore, some from the Shanny era, and plenty from the new era. There's still some pieces that have to be added.

Drek
11-01-2010, 05:47 AM
Yeah, but what about the experience. Isn't that still considered to be invaluable?

Would the experience of a severe beating by a gang of 11 guys make you a better NFL QB? Because with this OL that is what he'd get.

Our problem isn't Orton. Its the OL and the DL coupled with a wildly undisciplined team as a whole. Orton isn't picking it up and overcoming those problems to be sure, but replacing him with Tebow doesn't help this team get better in 2010 and it won't help Tebow grow for 2011.

Maintain development on Tebow as it is, polish his mechanics and his mental understanding of NFL football. Otherwise he's going to get the **** kicked out of him.

Also, if you bench Orton then we're on the hook for $9M in 2011 with no real chance to recoup any value out of it. You let him play the season out and we could probably return a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.

He signed a 4 year deal through 2012 actually. But after 2011 Bowlen is no longer paying Shanahan and McDaniels is only owed ~$3M for one year then, as opposed to Bowlen paying Shanahan and McDaniels in 2011 along with still paying McDaniels in 2012.

Drek
11-01-2010, 05:54 AM
Ok, I get it. I see Orton's numbers being ridiculous in relation to the team and his trade value as precisely that, inflated. However, put on a team like the Vikings, he could flourish now. Let's put Tebow in and try him out, we have nothing to lose. This isn't your typical character. Frankly, his character is arguably more significant than the talent he displayed to be described as the "Greatest Collge Football Player, ever." I'm not going to list them, you're real football fans, but news just in, "Rookie QB's can make a difference in their first year."

I don't care if he needs work on his mechanics. He wants to play and he wants to win like no other in College football history. He has a huge upside with his size and strength, more so than that of many other rookie QB's. I vote for betting against injury risk and voting for reps to understand the speed of the next level. He's an extreme case, he rates extreme opportunity. We can find another Orton if he's as bad as Orton.
1. Orton isn't bad. He's solidly above average.

2. Wanting to win doesn't mean much when you've got three defenders in your face before you can finish a three step drop. Tebow would get smacked around like a piniata. The problem with that isn't injury either. The problem is how that stunts his growth. Tebow needs to learn how to go to a 3rd and 4th read before tucking the ball and running with it to succeed at the NFL level and he needs to know how to read NFL defenses. He won't develop either of those skills if he's getting immediate pressure and running for his life. Instead it'll just develop bad habits.

You give Orton, and more importantly the line, a year to show what they can do. In the off-season see what we can get for Kyle and make any moves needed to bring the line play up to where it needs to be. Then you put Tebow behind Center with a team that can actually help him win.

The only question answered by starting Tebow now would be "is Tim Tebow football Jesus?" because you can't expect him to succeed with this kind of team around him.

go_broncos
11-01-2010, 05:58 AM
Mcd is clever.He traded up to get Tebow.
This will ensure that Bowlen will not fire him.
Mcd will start Teblow next year.
It is win-win situation for Mcd next year.
If Tebow clicks, Mcd is great.
If Tebow doesn't click, everyone will say that it takes time to develop a QB..
We need to give Mcd couple more years.
It is a sad situation..

Rohirrim
11-01-2010, 06:10 AM
I don't see why we shouldn't toss Tebow out there. Sanchez immediately took over for the Jets and started winning games. Stafford left as a junior and is now leading the Lions. Sanford has led the league in passing a couple of weeks, although the wins aren't coming yet. Why do the Broncos trade three picks to move into the first round and take a QB who can't play for years? Who can afford that kind of ****? Let him play now. Either he can make it or he can't. How many years do we use up in the experiment?

baja
11-01-2010, 06:38 AM
I don't see why we shouldn't toss Tebow out there. Sanchez immediately took over for the Jets and started winning games. Stafford left as a junior and is now leading the Lions. Sanford has led the league in passing a couple of weeks, although the wins aren't coming yet. Why do the Broncos trade three picks to move into the first round and take a QB who can't play for years? Who can afford that kind of ****? Let him play now. Either he can make it or he can't. How many years do we use up in the experiment?

Quarter back is not our problem

If Tebow can play offensive line than ya start him.

Rohirrim
11-01-2010, 06:39 AM

And yet, there is this thread. ???

baja
11-01-2010, 06:42 AM
And yet, there is this thread. ???

This place is going to get to a new stupid beating the old stupid by a factor of ten.

go_broncos
11-01-2010, 06:44 AM

That's the reason i am saying Mcd is clever..As many posters suggested, Bowlen can't fire him as he is tied to Tebow development.

If Bowlen knows that Tebow is not the answer, then there is no point in keeping Mcd. Mcd will delay as much as possible..
Tebow will start next year and many will say that we can evaluate the QB only after 3 years..
Unfortunately, we are stuck with Mcd now.

go_broncos
11-01-2010, 06:46 AM

Orton is not the answer.
I don't have any confidence that he can score a TD/FG in the last drive.
He screwed up many times.
Also, he is not mobile and keeps falling down when a defensive player just touches him.

Rohirrim
11-01-2010, 06:47 AM
This place is going to get to a new stupid beating the old stupid by a factor of ten.

There's got to be an algorithm out there showing the relationship between how the number of threads produced grows in relation to the number of games lost.

baja
11-01-2010, 06:57 AM
There's got to be an algorithm out there showing the relationship between how the number of threads produced grows in relation to the number of games lost.

I bet there is probability chart out there declaring the percentage of new threads containing the word "fire" or the word "draft' to be greater than 80%.

barryr
11-01-2010, 07:26 AM
I bet there is probability chart out there declaring the percentage of new threads containing the word "fire" or the word "draft' to be greater than 80%.

Oh no, don't use "bet" since some moron will use that to make a stupid bet about that for $10,000 with you because they have no life LOL