PDA

View Full Version : NHL Center Ice

Popps
10-31-2010, 02:17 PM
Wonder if I could negotiate a good deal at this point?

:)

Popps
10-31-2010, 02:26 PM
I was half-serious.

Anyone have it?

chadta
10-31-2010, 02:32 PM
i have it, but up here the cable company packages all sports into a super sports pack, its 25 bucks a month and i get everything, actually since i have one of my parents digital boxes in my house i dont pay for it at all now but i was paying 25 bucks a month for it.

Clockwork Orange
10-31-2010, 02:33 PM
I have it. Been getting it for many, many years. Totally worth it to me, but then I'm a hockey junky.

Popps
10-31-2010, 02:35 PM
I heard it was $170 for the package. I was thinking I might be able to talk that down a bit. We get all Kings games here, which is great... but I want to watch my Blues, too. I might call and try to haggle.

24champ
10-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Since your a Blues fan popps, I would look into it.

It's worth it.

SoCalBronco
10-31-2010, 02:36 PM
I've got it and its worth it.

Popps
10-31-2010, 02:51 PM
The games are in HD? Glanced at something on a forum that said maybe they weren't in some places? (Might have been a Canadian issue.)

Popps
10-31-2010, 02:52 PM
O.K.... here's the answer...

HD
Never lose sight of the puck. Or anything else.
Know that feeling you get when the puck hits the net? Now you can really crank up the energy with DIRECTV HD. Most games on NHL® CENTER ICE® are also broadcast in HD, so you can see every spectacular goal and bone-crushing check in striking clarity.*

ColoradoDarin
10-31-2010, 03:04 PM
do you think I can trade the rest of my Sunday Ticket for it?

Popps
10-31-2010, 03:06 PM
do you think I can trade the rest of my Sunday Ticket for it?

Hilarious!

Not a bad idea, but I'm going down with the ship. I'll be rooting my butt off every Sunday. It's looking more and more like a glorified pre-season for next season, but it is what it is. We'll all appreciate the wins that much more when they return.

That said, it IS a long winter and I think I will look into it so I can see a couple of my teams fight for playoff spots.

LetsGoBroncos
10-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Last year was the first year I didn't get it and I called in Feb to see if they would cut me a deal for the remaining 2 months of the season.....they said no and I called back 3-4 times without any luck

ColoradoDarin
10-31-2010, 09:34 PM
Hilarious!

Not a bad idea, but I'm going down with the ship. I'll be rooting my butt off every Sunday. It's looking more and more like a glorified pre-season for next season, but it is what it is. We'll all appreciate the wins that much more when they return.

That said, it IS a long winter and I think I will look into it so I can see a couple of my teams fight for playoff spots.

I kinda fell out of watching hockey a couple of years ago when I still had Dish and they were having a spat with VS, now we have the lowest tier on DirecTV (no VS), so I only end up watching a couple of games when they have the free CI package at the beginning of the year and the games on NBC in the winter. I was laughing with my wife today (she wants to pay to watch college gymnastics online come Jan, and is using my ST as leverage) that I'm paying extra to watch the Broncos lose, it may be all my fault, we moved in last Oct, and I got ST - the Broncos have 4 wins since I've been paying to see them.... ROFL!

Kid A
10-31-2010, 09:45 PM
Haha, I was just thinking earlier how glad I was that the Avs should at least be competitive/exciting the rest of the way. Their defense may be suspect, but they score enough that they may not lose all hope in the 1st quarter of the season.

chadta
11-01-2010, 05:37 AM
That said, it IS a long winter

long winter ?

dood you have no idea, we got snow here last week, it didnt stick around but it still fell. is it any wonder why canadians play hockey, skates were invented as a method of transportation out of necessity, somebody adapted them to a game.

i4jelway7
11-01-2010, 06:24 AM
let us knw if there is a deal to be had on this, I'd like to get it as well but for a reduced price