PDA

View Full Version : Before the meltdown, must read

gyldenlove
10-31-2010, 02:02 PM
Before the meltdown begins, let me just call to order. I know it is easy to look at the last 2 games and see us getting curb-stomped at home by an awful Raider team and then savagely pistol-whipped by potentially the worst team in the league and think that it is all over and that this team sucks. But those of you who do so are not looking at the big picture, you are taking the same short sighted approach that we had under Mike Shanahan of win now at all costs, the kind of mentality where the ends justify the means, and we all know what that mentality got us.

What you fail to realize is that we have a cohesive team of players who have a team first mentality, players who will not put themselves ahead of the team and cause a distraction. We don't have players like Roethlisberger or Brett Favre who are major distractions to their teams, we have smart players who can play situational football when the situation is right.

Here is what you need to keep in mind, Mcdaniels took over a bottom dwelling team that struggled to win any games, had a very one-sided offense and a horrible gimmicky defense and special teams, he turned that team into an up and coming team that uses an inbalanced offense to move the ball effectively into the red zone and a bend and break type of defense that uses many different personnel packages and strange fronts. Most young coaches in the league who take over teams that lose more games than they win, usually take 3 or 4 years to turn things around, like Raheem Morris, Spagnuolo and Hayley. We need to give Mcdaniels the same amount of time to produce a winning team, because the team he took over was almost as bad the teams the other guys took over.

You also have to consider that Mcdaniels and Xanders have a proven track record with player management, every player they have shipped out of Denver have failed to have any kind of success, but they have picked up loads of players nobody else wanted to have become stars for this team. They have also significantly improved the run offense, the run defense, special teams, the pass offense, the offensive line and the pass rush.

So before your heads completely explode, just remember, Mcdaniels and Xanders took a lot of time and put a lot of effort into changing an 8-8 team into this, and they deserve a lot of credit for the results they have produced.

DivineBronco
10-31-2010, 02:04 PM
sorry its much simpler........you can't lose to the raiders and niners back to back.........the how and why does not matter...it just can't be done...meltdown is totally warrented

SonOfLe-loLang
10-31-2010, 02:08 PM
If i knew how to make a thread, id make the START TIMMY thread

Dagmar
10-31-2010, 02:11 PM
If i knew how to make a thread, id make the START TIMMY thread

Pretty sure Taco will take care of that for you, his mangina has been hurting sing Shanny left.

extralife
10-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Is this a joke thread

Drek
10-31-2010, 02:12 PM
What you fail to realize is that we have a cohesive team of players who have a team first mentality, players who will not put themselves ahead of the team and cause a distraction. We don't have players like Roethlisberger or Brett Favre who are major distractions to their teams, we have smart players who can play situational football when the situation is right.

Jarvis Moss supports this sentiment.

steeledude
10-31-2010, 02:13 PM
You also have to consider that Mcdaniels and Xanders have a proven track record with player management, every player they have shipped out of Denver have failed to have any kind of success, but they have picked up loads of players nobody else wanted to have become stars for this team. They have also significantly improved the run offense, the run defense, special teams, the pass offense, the offensive line and the pass rush.

I've seen so many posts like yours that are dead serious that it took me to this point to understand.

broncobum6162
Before the meltdown begins, let me just call to order. I know it is easy to look at the last 2 games and see us getting curb-stomped at home by an awful Raider team and then savagely pistol-whipped by potentially the worst team in the league and think that it is all over and that this team sucks. But those of you who do so are not looking at the big picture, you are taking the same short sighted approach that we had under Mike Shanahan of win now at all costs, the kind of mentality where the ends justify the means, and we all know what that mentality got us.

Here is what you need to keep in mind, Mcdaniels took over a bottom dwelling team that struggled to win any games, had a very one-sided offense and a horrible gimmicky defense and special teams, he turned that team into an up and coming team that uses an inbalanced offense to move the ball effectively into the red zone and a bend and break type of defense that uses many different personnel packages and strange fronts. Most young coaches in the league who take over teams that lose more games than they win, usually take 3 or 4 years to turn things around, like Raheem Morris, Spagnuolo and Hayley. We need to give Mcdaniels the same amount of time to produce a winning team, because the team he took over was almost as bad the teams the other guys took over.

So before your heads completely explode, just remember, Mcdaniels and Xanders took a lot of time and put a lot of effort into changing an 8-8 team into this, and they deserve a lot of credit for the results they have produced.

and what a wonderful job they have done..........2-6, and the last three games have been stellar, I'm soooo proud of this team...(bullshiat, bellshiat)

WABronco
Agreed. We went from a perpetually average team to a below average team. Better to be an extreme (bad) team than an average team.

bronco militia
worst thread ever

Goobzilla
Is this a joke thread

This Hilarious!

Broncosfreak_56
**** McDaniels and **** this team.

cabronco
10-31-2010, 02:14 PM
What McD says and team does is two different things. We beat ourselves today.

Dagmar
10-31-2010, 02:15 PM
**** mcdaniels and **** this team.

we wont miss you

Dr. Broncenstein
10-31-2010, 02:15 PM
I like how cohesive this 2-6 team is. They are the toughest and smartest team to ever contend for last place.

TheReverend
10-31-2010, 02:16 PM
Yes it's a joke thread, idiots.

WABronco
10-31-2010, 02:17 PM
we wont miss you

Who's we? You, popps, and baja?

You guys are like traffic cops at a ****ing train wreck..."nothing to see here move along."

v2micca
10-31-2010, 02:17 PM

I honestly don't know if you are being snarky here our not. I just don't see any genuine improvement to this organization since McDaniels took over. I know he has jettisoned a lot of players the were potential locker room problems. But I have yet so see him assemble a core of young solid players that I feel are going to amount to a contending team within the next few years. Sorry I just don't see it. Well, this year is probably a bust. McD has one more year and if he cannot show us something by 2011, I think it is time to take the organization in a different direction.

steeledude
10-31-2010, 02:18 PM

Come on--be fair. Serious threads like this popped up all the time until about a week ago.

Dagmar
10-31-2010, 02:19 PM
Who's we? You, popps, and baja?

You guys are like traffic cops at a ****ing train wreck..."nothing to see here move along."

Broncos fans who go to games, you vunt.

HEAV
10-31-2010, 02:19 PM
I'd would be faster to jump on the fire McDaniels bus, if it wasn't for the injuries on the defense, and the running backs.

I want to give the guy a fair shot (fully loaded team) sadly he maynot get that shot. Also sadly we may not see any games next year...so this is all we have.

lostknight
10-31-2010, 02:21 PM
This post brought to you by Josh McDaniels and Kyle Ortons agents.

WABronco
10-31-2010, 02:22 PM
Broncos fans who go to games, you vunt.

Oh man a personal insult on the internet.

spdirty
10-31-2010, 02:23 PM

Excellent post. Optimistic Popps couldnt have written it any better.

Yes, absolutely they do.

yerner
10-31-2010, 02:24 PM
I really like what Justin Bannan, Williams and Jarvis Greene bring to the team.

Broncoman13
10-31-2010, 02:24 PM
So tell me again Dagmar how we should have faith that Orton can take us into the 4th quarter and get a win. Just a few days ago you were talking how KO could win games in the 4th Quarter. The simple fact is, he cost us two 4th quarter turnovers and got helped out of another one by the refs. The sad thing about this team... when we were up by 7 in the 4th Quarter I knew we would find a way to lose this game.

OL breaking down like crazy and we bring Tebow in to run the same stupid play he has run 14 other times this year... brilliant.

Broncoman13
10-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Btw, great original post. I thought it was pro for a second but quickly caught on. You only forgot the part about depleting the team of any talent so that nobody else would be interested in taking over!

cutthemdown
10-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Broncos have a team that isn't talented and needs tons of new players.

WolfpackGuy
10-31-2010, 02:32 PM
Being terrible isn't a major distraction, Gylden?

Even with the worst defenses in team history, they were nowhere close to being 4 games under .500 with no hope in sight!

RhymesayersDU
10-31-2010, 02:33 PM

Man you're right, it must suck having a Super Bowl MVP in his prime on your roster. I feel really bad for Pittsburgh.

Edit: Was I duped? I still can't tell if this is a serious thread or a joke thread. That in itself is sad.

Requiem
10-31-2010, 02:34 PM
Get David Kircus on the roster. I'm sure he would buy into the team first mentality right now instead of working at Subway or spending time in prison. Haha.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-31-2010, 02:34 PM
Btw, great original post. I thought it was pro for a second but quickly caught on. You only forgot the part about depleting the team of any talent so that nobody else would be interested in taking over!

Except the talent level really isnt much diff than it always was. We had **** talent two years ago, we have **** talent now. Our rookies do look promising though

chawknz
10-31-2010, 02:36 PM
We're not getting better, we're getting worse.

/thread

TheReverend
10-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Except the talent level really isnt much diff than it always was. We had **** talent two years ago, we have **** talent now. Our rookies do look promising though

Weird.

gyldenlove
10-31-2010, 02:40 PM
Being terrible isn't a major distraction, Gylden?

Even with the worst defenses in team history, they were nowhere close to being 4 games under .500 with no hope in sight!

No, the team is very focused about being terrible. Do you see any players ****ing up the mindset of the team with their behaviour? they are all very cohesively terrible. Do you see any player putting himself above the team and performing well and carrying the team? no, me neither.

This is a very team oriented unit, they will fail as a unit, because that is all they can do.

WABronco
10-31-2010, 02:40 PM

They do? Outside of Thomas I wouldn't exactly call our new class promising.

Might be hard to tell with the rest of the suck.

bloodsunday
10-31-2010, 02:41 PM
I wish I could agree with this. Even with all the change, there is simply no evidence that this team is better (and in fact it looks worse) than 2 years ago. The most disturbing thing is that other than a couple of big plays (ironic isn't it?), we have nothing. Our defense is run-of-the-mill AT BEST, our run offense is epically bad, our special teams are epically bad. The most disturbing trend? We are the only team that can rival Dallas in inventing ways to beat ourselves.

WABronco
No, the team is very focused about being terrible. Do you see any players ****ing up the mindset of the team with their behaviour? they are all very cohesively terrible. Do you see any player putting himself above the team and performing well and carrying the team? no, me neither.

This is a very team oriented unit, they will fail as a unit, because that is all they can do.

Lol not going to lie you are pulling it off in this thread. GJ keep it up.

gyldenlove
Man you're right, it must suck having a Super Bowl MVP in his prime on your roster. I feel really bad for Pittsburgh.

Edit: Was I duped? I still can't tell if this is a serious thread or a joke thread. That in itself is sad.

I think once you calm down, you will realize in your heart of hearts what it is. This thread can be read anyway you want, if you want to find comfort in it, then that is what it is here for, if you wish to use at a pitchfork to run Mcdaniels out of town, then a pitchfork it is.

zdoor
10-31-2010, 02:42 PM

Lol... Sarcasm is a challenging concept to understand....

gunns
10-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Is this a joke thread

That's what I was wondering. I was just going to say shut up, but I like the dude that started the thread.

TheReverend
10-31-2010, 02:49 PM
That's what I was wondering. I was just going to say shut up, but I like the dude that started the thread.

Everyone should. Gylden is awesome.

baja
10-31-2010, 03:11 PM
Normally I would be happy that we are not standing still except that would be better than what we are doing, moving backwards.

Well McD has half a season to turn this around lets see how it goes. He is going to get some priceless coaching experience the rest of this season. I hope he digs himself out of this hole. I still think he will be a stud HC for someone in this league.

Broncoman13
10-31-2010, 03:51 PM

Yes, much more talented without Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, or Hillis.

We phucked this up from the beginning. I wanted McD, I thought he would come in and focus on STs and most importantly defense. I figured he would mirror the Pats approach and address the DL in an almost overkill fassion.

Think about this one, what would you think if a HC went into SD and got rid of Rivers, Gates, Mathews, and Vincent Jackson and brought in Hassleback, mularky (crap TE), Bullhonky (crap WR) and a couple rookie WRs and a RB. As a division opponent I would be thrilled just as our oppnents were when we got rid of our talent. Three years ago we were contenders for the AFC West. We were division challengers. We had some serious pieces on offense but were a full defense away from being title contenders. Now two-three years later we have no run game, can't keep a 4th quarter lead, can't comeback from a 4th quarter deficit, and don't look any stronger in any phase of the game. And you could easily argue that we've traded a similar passing offense for an offense with no b/c the guy calling the shots on players also changes his schemes for each opponent and in the last 20 games, that hasn't worked so well!

Broncos4tw
10-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Not sure if serious...

Merlin
10-31-2010, 04:37 PM
First I thought someone was posing as Glyden, then I read the last 3 paragraphs...wonderful piece of irony.. Well done Glyden.

s0phr0syne
10-31-2010, 04:49 PM
The Great DANE! nice one