PDA

View Full Version : Offensive mastermind, really ?

Jetmeck
10-31-2010, 11:59 AM
Cause I am not seeing it ?

Worst rushing in the leaque and yet we can't even protect Kyle.

WTF is this idiot's problem ?

So when will these great creative plays be brought out ?

Flame on, see if I care.

broncobum6162
10-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Hmmm....funny, I was thinking the same thing..........

bronco militia
10-31-2010, 12:20 PM
the playcalling reflects the level of urgency on this team.

almost 0

UberBroncoMan
10-31-2010, 12:21 PM
The greatest irony is when people bitch how we were 2nd in offense and 15th in scoring in 2008 - as well as how we could only move between the 20's. Now we can barely do that...oh and our running game is ****.

oubronco
10-31-2010, 12:21 PM
I think he needs to just simplfy things and quit getting cute

Gort
10-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Orton & Lloyd replacing Cutler and Marshall was fine by me.

not a big fan of getting rid of Scheffler and Hillis though.

do not like the power running game. preferred the ZBS.

the offensive playcalling is predictable and ineffective.

all in all, this offense is worse than it was during Shanny's last couple of years.

McD has lost 13 of his past 17.

Shannon Sharpe said on the NFL pregame show that he believes if McD doesn't turn this around this year (the final 9 games) and show marked improvement, Bowlen will let him go at the end of the season.

Gcver2ver3
10-31-2010, 12:29 PM
at this point its hard to argue with the naysayers on this...

we look awful offensively...

looking at the entire body of work, i'm just not seeing anything worthy of an offensive mastermind...

at the end of the day, caring less that he says the right things...

results speak louder than words...

go_broncos
10-31-2010, 12:32 PM
We look worse after Mcd became our coach..
That being said, he needs to be given a chance till the end of this season.
If there is a improvement, then Mcd should be given one more year.

Hamrob
10-31-2010, 12:44 PM
McD sucks...I think he deserves to get fired. He's almost single handedly killed this team. However, Bowlen has gone along with everything so far.

The case to keep McD...centers around the young talent he's brought in:

Tebow
Thomas
Moreno
Beadles
Walton
McBath

Jetmeck
10-31-2010, 12:46 PM
We do punt really good !

DivineBronco
10-31-2010, 12:50 PM
gooooooooooooo suck an egg

GreatBronco16
10-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Lol

DivineBronco
10-31-2010, 12:53 PM
We do punt really good !

I would love to hear your excellent take on that last series or do you not have one since it doesn't fit your narrative?

dbfan4life
10-31-2010, 12:54 PM
The game is over, already? Geez people!

Jetmeck
10-31-2010, 01:07 PM
I would love to hear you excellent take on that last series or do you not have one since it doesn't fit your narrative?

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME ONE GOOD PLAY FIXES EVERYTHING ? fOR REAL ??????????

DHallblows
10-31-2010, 01:12 PM
Crickets about the flea flicker I assume? Dip****

DivineBronco
10-31-2010, 01:13 PM
PLEASE DON'T TELL ME ONE GOOD PLAY FIXES EVERYTHING ? fOR REAL ??????????

took ya that long to come up with that.............well this is too one sided no need to waste time here

Jetmeck
10-31-2010, 01:15 PM
crickets about the flea flicker i assume? Dip****

oops..............

Jetmeck
10-31-2010, 01:16 PM
took ya that long to come up with that.............well this is too one sided no need to waste time here

yOU SHOULD BE USED TO THAT, WATCHING THIS COACH DRAG US DOWN.............

bronco militia
10-31-2010, 01:18 PM
that's the kyle orton we all know...sits the bed in the redzone

Jetmeck
10-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Take it back, WE DO NOT PUNT SO GOOD !

Blart
10-31-2010, 01:48 PM
Fire McDaniels

Jetmeck
10-31-2010, 01:50 PM
yOU IdIoTs KEEP supporting this moron and watch our beloved Broncos be dragged to lows we have never ever dreamed off. I have to watch the freakin Chiefs kick our our tail in two weeks and put up with their bandwagon fans for months to come.

I am a diehard, true Bronco fan but I cannot sit and be told this will be alright.
Just like politics your voice has to be heard. It is time for people to speak up in DENVER !

Aftermath
10-31-2010, 01:53 PM
this team makes me laugh

Jesterhole
10-31-2010, 01:55 PM
Well, at least the McDaniels homers get to look stupid for another week

steeledude
10-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Well, at least the McDaniels homers get to look stupid for another week

They are such a vehement and pompous group too, I mean that's the only thing I can take out of this loss. That it's McD and his homers lookin' worse. I mean I get crap for wearing my Broncos hat out, and rightly so this team sucks, but at least I can say "yeah I hate the coach too."

Jetmeck
10-31-2010, 02:02 PM
this team makes me laugh

makes me sick

DHallblows
10-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Well we can't all have the football insight to complain about lack of different playcalling in a game with a flea flicker in it...

Drek
10-31-2010, 02:18 PM
yOU IdIoTs KEEP supporting this moron and watch our beloved Broncos be dragged to lows we have never ever dreamed off. I have to watch the freakin Chiefs kick our our tail in two weeks and put up with their bandwagon fans for months to come.

I am a diehard, true Bronco fan but I cannot sit and be told this will be alright.
Just like politics your voice has to be heard. It is time for people to speak up in DENVER !

What the **** are fans going to actually do?

Was McDaniels wrong to trade Cutler? **** no.

Was he wrong to trade Marshall? Again, **** no.

Scheffler, after the guy openly quit on a team making a playoff push? **** no for a third time.

You can whine and bitch about trading Hillis all you want but the guy was buried so deep on the bench under Shanahan that he once got benched for a guy who'd played FB a grand total of two months (Larsen) and didn't get carries until every actual RB got hurt. Then the next year he looks like a guy who's never actually played football. He **** the bed, not McDaniels. Its great he's turned it around now but that, like Alphonso Smith now suddenly turning it around, is not a knock on McDaniels, just the level of work ethic and dedication those players gave while here in Denver.

McDaniels was one of the best options available when we hired him. He was then forced to make wide sweeping changes to the team due to a complete lack of talent on defense and a "franchise" QB's agent who thought it was time to get a new deal signed.

He's had just barely one and a half seasons. During that time he's seen some of his key players suffer significant injuries.

So bitch about people being "homers" for just wanting to give a new coach something resembling a realistic opportunity. In the end you're the one who looks like an unreasonable jackass.

fontaine
10-31-2010, 02:22 PM

Scheffler, after the guy openly quit on a team making a playoff push? **** no for a third time.

You can whine and b**** about trading Hillis all you want but the guy was buried so deep on the bench under Shanahan that he once got benched for a guy who'd played FB a grand total of two months (Larsen) and didn't get carries until every actual RB got hurt. Then the next year he looks like a guy who's never actually played football. He **** the bed, not McDaniels. Its great he's turned it around now but that, like Alphonso Smith now suddenly turning it around, is not a knock on McDaniels, just the level of work ethic and dedication those players gave while here in Denver.

McDaniels was one of the best options available when we hired him. He was then forced to make wide sweeping changes to the team due to a complete lack of talent on defense and a "franchise" QB's agent who thought it was time to get a new deal signed.

He's had just barely one and a half seasons. During that time he's seen some of his key players suffer significant injuries.

So b**** about people being "homers" for just wanting to give a new coach something resembling a realistic opportunity. In the end you're the one who looks like an unreasonable jackass.

That's great champ but,
1. EVERY coach deals with injuries and malcontents.

2. What does any of that have to do with the real problem on this team with the lack of talent on the DL and interior of the OL which McDaniels has failed to fix?

orangemonkey
10-31-2010, 02:26 PM

You can whine and b**** about trading Hillis all you want but the guy was buried so deep on the bench under Shanahan that he once got benched for a guy who'd played FB a grand total of two months (Larsen) and didn't get carries until every actual RB got hurt. Then the next year he looks like a guy who's never actually played football. He **** the bed, not McDaniels. Its great he's turned it around now but that, like Alphonso Smith now suddenly turning it around, is not a knock on McDaniels, just the level of work ethic and dedication those players gave while here in Denver.

So b**** about people being "homers" for just wanting to give a new coach something resembling a realistic opportunity. In the end you're the one who looks like an unreasonable jackass.

Cutler, Marshall, Sheffler, Hillis and Royal together are better than the crap that we field today. That group would have put fear in every team we played. Your post is ridiculous.

Jetmeck
10-31-2010, 02:33 PM
Go down with the ship like a bunch of lemons then I guess. This is not alright and there has no improvement, in fact a major decline.

Getting rid of Cutler was a mistake. A bad offensive line is not Cutler's fault. To this point Orton isn't the answer and MCDUMMY won't let Tebow throw a pass. Marshall was a beast in our offense. Regardless no offense or defense today or last week. Too many penalties, too many or not enough players on the field for christ sake ! Can't kick for chit !

Jetmeck
10-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Oh yeah and IF McDummy was the best option on the market then we should have kept Shanny until something decent and experienced came along, huh ?

chadta
10-31-2010, 02:46 PM
We do punt really good !

you didnt watch the game today did you ? a 21 yarder and a 20 yarder

Jetmeck
10-31-2010, 02:48 PM
you didnt watch the game today did you ? a 21 yarder and a 20 yarder

You didn't read the whole thread, I corrected myself as Mr. Bowlen should do !

fontaine
10-31-2010, 02:48 PM
And by the way.

We ran the ball twice in the all of the 2nd half when the game was still close.

All while Orton was running around for his life and getting the crap knocked out of him.

It's no coincidence our running game sucks. Even when they started doing a much better job, McDaniels abandons the run as if it's no longer a valid play in the league.

go_broncos
10-31-2010, 02:51 PM
How the hell did we win 2 games with this team?

Drek
10-31-2010, 02:54 PM
That's great champ but,
1. EVERY coach deals with injuries and malcontents.

2. What does any of that have to do with the real problem on this team with the lack of talent on the DL and interior of the OL which McDaniels has failed to fix?

The guy has had 24 games. Its way too early to make any definitive statements about what he has or hasn't fixed.

I'm not saying he gets a free pass for injuries or having to overhaul the roster. There are no free passes in the NFL. But he got a four year contract for a reason.

Spoiled children on Christmas Eve have more patience than most of this board.

Cutler, Marshall, Sheffler, Hillis and Royal together are better than the crap that we field today. That group would have put fear in every team we played. Your post is ridiculous.

Yeah. Those 7-9 and 8-8 seasons scared the **** out of everyone right?

To this point Cutler hasn't done **** with Chicago, Marshall has been the #2 WR in Miami, Sheffler is the #2 TE in Detroit (and hurt again) and like I said, Hillis didn't impress Shanahan or McDaniels. Just because he turned it on when he got to Cleveland doesn't mean he would've done that here.

That group failed to win games. Its been broken up and all those players except Hillis look worse in their new locations.

I'd take Tebow, Thomas, Decker, Moreno, and Royal as long term bets to be better than that group.

WolfpackGuy
10-31-2010, 02:56 PM
7 points in the first half...THIS SEASON!

Genie-us!

Rabb
10-31-2010, 02:57 PM
The guy has had 24 games. Its way too early to make any definitive statements about what he has or hasn't fixed.

I don't disagree, but Haley in KC is kinda' lol'ing at what you just said

sorry, we've regressed

fontaine
10-31-2010, 03:04 PM

I'm not saying he gets a free pass for injuries or having to overhaul the roster. There are no free passes in the NFL. But he got a four year contract for a reason.

Spoiled children on Christmas Eve have more patience than most of this board.

Are you saying you can't tell whether our running game is better or worse under McDaniels?

Whether our DL or front 7 is any better at stopping the run compared to the trash we had with Slowik?

LOL

You're a funny guy Drek. You sound more and more like Mike Shanahan defending Bob Slowik when Pat Bowlen wanted him gone.

By YOUR count, we should have given Slowik 4 years before judging him.

ROFL!

We just gave up a season high 24 points to one of WORST teams in the NFL after setting records lows against a division rival at home.

But yeah, it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAY to early to judge McDaniels.

Triplelefthook
11-01-2010, 07:28 AM
This team has gotten worse under McDaniels, so far. I loved his off-season moves getting Dawkins, Goodman, Hill, J/Williams, J/Bannan, A/Davis (for a year) and Ronald Fields... but so far he hasn't built the team properly to provide a solid layer of talent behind what is becoming an aging defense. I love McBath... but who else is there? No one else at safety, corner, LB, or anyone on the DL.

You can expect there to be a bit of growing pains for McDaniels to re-build the team according to his vision... for it to be successful we will need the OL to begin to gel as a cohesive unit starting next year - Clady, Harris/Beadles, Kupe and JdW all to be healthy... I don't we are very deep at OL beyond all our starters playing their best injury-free football every sunday. Moreno also needs to be better, we also lack depth behind the RB position.

Tebow will have to be able to step up and be something special very soon as well for this vision to pan out. And somehow we will have to be able to field an entire defense with little more than DJ and Dumervil as proven long term mainstays at their position.

Say what you will about Shanahan... he never had a team this bad. A bad season here was a 1 year, 6 or 7 win season and that was the rebuilding year.

CEH
11-01-2010, 07:50 AM
I don't disagree, but Haley in KC is kinda' lol'ing at what you just said

sorry, we've regressed

DET , STL and TB say hello as well and they didn't have twice as many picks. Talent wins in this league.

3 straight 200+ yards rushing by KC. Don't think McD would be creaming his pants right now for that running game with a 3rd round pick and a journeyman RB.

I'm really curious what Josh sold Ellis and Bowlenn and what has actually come to pass. McD left alot of quality Oline/Front seven on the draft board to replace eccentric talent he didn't want to work with

jhns
11-01-2010, 08:00 AM

LOL

All of McDaniels moves have been the right ones!!!! How can you not see that we are way better than we ever were with that crappy Shanahan?!?

Wow....

baja
11-01-2010, 08:10 AM

Good post as usual.

The unreasonable jackasses will make it unbearable to post here for a while .

It's like we got our own group of Broncos tea baggers shouting everyone else down, trampling the voice of reason with their reactionary mindless babble .

jhns
11-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Good post as usual.

It's like we got our own group of Broncos tea baggers shouting everyone else down, trampling the voice of reason with their reactionary mindless babble .

LOL

Voice of reason? The unrelenting defense of this crap is the voice of reason? More like the voice of the mental midget.

bendog
11-01-2010, 08:41 AM
it can't be this bad because if it is, the homers will have to face the fact they fell for this pile of steaming horse ****.

Rohirrim
11-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Good post as usual.

I just wish we could get off of this whole "It's all this or all that" paradigm. There are some things Josh has done which have worked and some which are questionable. But we live in such polarized, left/right times that discussion is no longer allowed. You're either totally in one camp, or totally in the other.

I'm beginning to question what Josh is doing and where this team is at. I have supported him all along. But when you give up a second Raider ass whipping in our house I throw on the brakes. Follow that up with another crap performance against one of the worst teams in the league, and it simply adds to the question marks. I want to see what he does in the remaining AFCW games, and how he responds to this adversity, but the questions are starting to outweigh the excuses.

Jesterhole
11-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Good post as usual.

Baja, you are by far the worst poster here. Do us all a favor and go away forever. Take Drek, popps, dagmar, and go start a circle jerk over a picture of McDaniels somewhere.

CEH
11-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Yeah. Those 7-9 and 8-8 seasons scared the **** out of everyone right?

To this point Cutler hasn't done **** with Chicago, Marshall has been the #2 WR in Miami, Sheffler is the #2 TE in Detroit (and hurt again) and like I said, Hillis didn't impress Shanahan or McDaniels. Just because he turned it on when he got to Cleveland doesn't mean he would've done that here.

That group failed to win games. Its been broken up and all those players except Hillis look worse in their new locations.

I'd take Tebow, Thomas, Decker, Moreno, and Royal as long term bets to be better than that group.

So you think teams aren't doubling Marshall and rotating coverage to the other guy.

While I read all your post and take alot away to think about there is usaully some little tidbit that is just off the mark. Teams are doubling Marshall. He has to be accounted for by any DC something Denver doesn't have right now

He is not a #2 WR. Maybe in terms of catches but he is a true #1. Left in single coverage he has the ability to take it to the house on any play inside 60 yards.

Once again if two ppl are covering Marshall is that not helping the team overall.

5 first round picks so far and noone has made the impact that Marshall has while in Denver.

Can we just get one true playmaker from these 5 first round picks

baja
11-01-2010, 08:53 AM
I just wish we could get off of this whole "It's all this or all that" paradigm. There are some things Josh has done which have worked and some which are questionable. But we live in such polarized, left/right times that discussion is no longer allowed. You're either totally in one camp, or totally in the other.

I'm beginning to question what Josh is doing and where this team is at. I have supported him all along. But when you give up a second Raider ass whipping in our house I throw on the brakes. Follow that up with another crap performance against one of the worst teams in the league, and it simply adds to the question marks. I want to see what he does in the remaining AFCW games, and how he responds to this adversity, but the questions are starting to outweigh the excuses.

See now here is an example of a reasonable post.

I too have new questions based on the teams play these past two weeks but I sure as hell am not thinking it's a good idea to fire Josh not even close.

My take is try and enjoy the rest best as you can and there will be some positives and plan to assess Josh's work at the end of the season.

So you young hot heads (and bendog) take your que from older wiser Bronco fans that have been here before. ;D

Mile High Shack
11-01-2010, 09:01 AM
I just wish we would show some improvement, instead, after a 6-0 smoke and mirrors start, we have become consistently worse. That is simply not a good sign.

It's obvious we aren't going to change coaches because of labor problems and Bowlen's lack of money, so it is what it is at this point.

This all makes me a sad panda because I see no silver lining...if I saw fight in this team or improvement, I wouldn't feel so bad....

fontaine
11-01-2010, 09:07 AM
I sure as hell am not thinking it's a good idea to fire Josh not even close.

My take is try and enjoy the rest best as you can and there will be some positives and plan to assess Josh's work at the end of the season.

So you young hot heads (and bendog) take your que from older wiser Bronco fans that have been here before. ;D

This isn't rocket science. Even the chefs know how to get it done:

1. Draft high for the trenches (take a look at their front 7)
2. Bring in the right kind of assistants with plenty of experience (Crennel/Weis)
3. When in doubt run the football.

The problem is we had 2 out of the 3 things here last year in good assistants, a still decent running game when we zone blocked and the potential for improving the trenches with the amount of high picks we had.

Instead, Josh went backasswards.

Now, this offseason, we still have to draft DL/interior OL, replace our weak assistants, DC, and OL coaches.

That's the bottom line. The work that needs to be done, never goes away, it just gets pushed back till next year and next year and next year until even a pass happy clown like McDaniels will eventually realize he can't just say he wants to have a tougher team.

He actually has to draft/sign tougher players and get the right coaches to develop them.

Rohirrim
11-01-2010, 09:12 AM
This isn't rocket science. Even the chefs know how to get it done:

1. Draft high for the trenches (take a look at their front 7)
2. Bring in the right kind of assistants with plenty of experience (Crennel/Weis)
3. When in doubt run the football.

The problem is we had 2 out of the 3 things here last year in good assistants, a still decent running game when we zone blocked and the potential for improving the trenches with the amount of high picks we had.

Instead, Josh went backasswards.

Now, this offseason, we still have to draft DL/interior OL, replace our weak assistants, DC, and OL coaches.

That's the bottom line. The work that needs to be done, never goes away, it just gets pushed back till next year and next year and next year until even a pass happy clown like McDaniels will eventually realize he can't just say he wants to have a tougher team.

He actually has to draft/sign tougher players and get the right coaches to develop them.

Even the Niners finally figured that out. They had two first round picks in the last draft and who did they take? Anthony Davis and Mike Iaputi. And those picks are already paying off for them, as we saw yesterday.

Jesterhole
11-01-2010, 10:05 AM
When Josh gutted the league most prolific running game from the past decade and replaced it with NOTHING, he lost all credibility as an offensive coach. This is the worst offense we've had in years, and it's all his fault.

Merlin
11-01-2010, 10:24 AM
took ya that long to come up with that
The real question is what will it take for posters wallowing in McD's junk to realize how incompetent his tenure has been. There is not a single measure which he has improved despite the boatload of draft picks and the strong young offense that was handed to him when he arrived. Hell, even the talent in the defense, which was truly pathetic when McD came in, still counts Shanny's remnants as its best players. But you hang your hat on meaningless plays and drives, that is the way to gauge the incompetence of HCs and his fanbase.

Rohirrim
11-01-2010, 10:30 AM
The real question is what will it take for posters wallowing in McD's junk to realize how incompetent his tenure has been. There is not a single measure which he has improved despite the boatload of draft picks and the strong young offense that was handed to him when he arrived. Hell, even the talent in the defense, which was truly pathetic when McD came in, still counts Shanny's remnants as its best players. But you hang your hat on meaningless plays and drives, that is the way to gauge the incompetence of HCs and his fanbase.

I think he's put together one of the most powerful receiving corps in the NFL with Lloyd, Royal, DT, Decker and Gaffney. Moreno is also an excellent back. The lines aren't up to that level of quality so everything else suffers. IMO, you start with the lines, so I feel he's going at it backwards. But there are improvements.

oubronco
11-01-2010, 11:28 AM
If anyone thinks McD isn't going to address the trenches and LB's your crazy. He has his offense and even a blind man can see the reason it's struggling is because of the line. He also tried fixing the d line but it just didn't workout like he planned but I bet he try's again. Be patient it takes time

jhns
11-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Be patient it takes time

This is a lame excuse. Shanahan has a top 5 pick team from last season playing better than what McDaniels could do in two seasons with a .500 team. It does take time to build a champion. It doesn't take 5 years to start showing improvement if you have a real coach...

baja
11-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Remember we can still go 10 & 6

Rohirrim
11-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Remember we can still go 10 & 6

:alky:

baja
11-01-2010, 12:19 PM
:alky:

Actually we could go 13 & 6

baja
11-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Baja, you are by far the worst poster here. Do us all a favor and go away forever. Take Drek, popps, dagmar, and go start a circle jerk over a picture of McDaniels somewhere.

You are breaking my heart. You don't like me? I don't know if I'll be able to sleep. What ever can I do to get in you elite group? I feel so unworthy. It's tough to hear I didn't make the cut as a fan in your estimation. Someone put me on suicide watch the jester hole doesn't like me.

baja
11-02-2010, 01:16 AM
BTW I would like to throw my name in the ring for king of the worst posters on the mane Can I count on your vote Jester?

I mean why are you mentioning Popps and Drek and Dagmar when I am clearly to best worst poster on the Mane. I mean it's not even close. Give me my due.

TDmvp
11-02-2010, 01:51 AM
BTW I would like to throw my name in the ring for king of the worst posters on the mane Can I count on your vote Jester?

I mean why are you mentioning Popps and Drek and Dagmar when I am clearly to best worst poster on the Mane. I mean it's not even close. Give me my due.

Can we just do like a Mount Rushmore of worst posters and put Gaff , L.A. Broncos Fan , Baja , and Gaff on it ??

And yes I said Gaff twice , he is just bad ...

I kid L.A. and you ... Gaff totally gets my vote because he won't ever even admit there is the slightest chance he is wrong on any of his bs and that equals a sad hopeless existence...