PDA

View Full Version : Schefter - McDaniels is safe through 2011

Bob's your Information Minister
10-31-2010, 09:29 AM
Just heard this on NFL Countdown.

Basically there is no way Bowlen is going to fire McDaniels because he owes him 3 mil per year and he's still paying Shanahan through 2011.

If he fires McDaniels now he has to pay three head coaches at once.

Not happening.

Enjoy, fellas. You're stuck with him for another 25 games.

tsiguy96
10-31-2010, 09:29 AM
Adam_Schefter

Broncos scheduled to pay Josh McDaniels through 2012, Mike Shanahan through 2011. No way Pat Bowlen pays three HCs in 2011. McDaniels safe.

good, he shouldnt be fired after this year.

Pseudofool
10-31-2010, 09:30 AM
Well, that's not a very good story line.

ICON
10-31-2010, 09:36 AM
Just heard this on NFL Countdown.

Basically there is no way Bowlen is going to fire McDaniels because he owes him 3 mil per year and he's still paying Shanahan through 2011.

If he fires McDaniels now he has to pay three head coaches at once.

Not happening.

Enjoy, fellas. You're stuck with him for another 25 games.
Brilliant threadhttp://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:88Z7yQigvhU_uM:http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/Obispo_/original_image.png&t=1

Dagmar
10-31-2010, 09:37 AM
Good.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-31-2010, 09:39 AM
Brilliant threadhttp://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:88Z7yQigvhU_uM:http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/Obispo_/original_image.png&t=1

Does this pertain to Bowlen or McDaniels?

_Oro_
10-31-2010, 09:39 AM
:lombardi:

Lev Vyvanse
10-31-2010, 09:43 AM
100 million spent on players per year. If there needs to be a change 4 million is not going to stop the firing.

broncos-rock
10-31-2010, 09:47 AM
Under shanny we had to wait 3 years for a qb to develop so why not give the guy a chance!:thumbs:

Dagmar
10-31-2010, 09:51 AM
I am a Chiefs fan with 30,000 posts on a Denver Broncos message board. Woo.

Hajisan
10-31-2010, 09:53 AM
Under shanny we had to wait 3 years for a qb to develop so why not give the guy a chance!:thumbs:

I agree. It was Shanny's 3rd year when Elway finally developed into a good QB and we won the Superbowl.!Booya!

baja
10-31-2010, 10:00 AM
No surprise here and glad to be reminded Josh will have his full shot. It would be a shame to pull a knee jerk firing only to have him go on to have a HOF career with another team, probably NE when Bill hangs it up.

doonwise
10-31-2010, 10:01 AM
That's a relief. I'd hate to go through another 3 year rebuilding year. I think McDee has it.

go_broncos
10-31-2010, 10:03 AM
Bad news.
Well, atleast the media talking about his firing unlike the Mcd lovers who seems to think he is doing a great job.

rbackfactory80
10-31-2010, 10:05 AM
He knows this will be his last shot and will go down swinging. I am sure he will exhaust all his resources to put a winner on the field. Maybe we will finally see some young talent put along the d-line.

bronco militia
10-31-2010, 10:08 AM
Schefter=NFLBRONCO

;D

McDman
10-31-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm watching Chucky 2 right now!

baja
10-31-2010, 10:12 AM
Bad news.
Well, atleast the media talking about his firing unlike the <b>Mcd lovers who seems to think he is doing a great job.

Nobody is doing a great job when you turn in a performance like last week.

I am one of Josh's strongest supporters and I say last week is a problem from HC on down to the PS.

Difference between the guys that still support Josh and the guys that want him fired is we think that game was the exception and it will not be seen again. I expect McD to have the ready to play.

Popps
10-31-2010, 10:12 AM
This is news?

Who didn't know this?

bpc
10-31-2010, 10:14 AM
McDaniels = Dan Hawkins w/ intensity and a better talent for coaching QB's. Otherwise, it's about the same.

The situation sucks for CU/Bronco fans right now.

gunns
10-31-2010, 10:17 AM
Does this pertain to Bowlen or McDaniels?

You, the whole thing is a no brainer. Oh, that's probably why you decided to post it.

go_broncos
10-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Nobody is doing a great job when you turn in a performance like last week.

I am one of Josh's strongest supporters and I say last week is a problem from HC on down to the PS.

Difference between the guys that still support Josh and the guys that want him fired is we think that game was the exception and it will not be seen again. I expect McD to have the ready to play.

If you think it is one game..you are mistaken.
After our bye week last year, we won 4 games out of 17.
Bowlen should fire Mcd at the end of the season if we keep losing the games.
If we show some improvement, then Mcd should be given one more year.

As per the Schefter, Bowlen will not fire Mcd(irrespective of performance) due to monetary reasons.that's bad news.
I want broncos to be successful..Hopefully, we will start winning some games from today as everyone that supports broncos are tired of losing games.

baja
10-31-2010, 10:28 AM
If you think it is one game..you are mistaken.
Bowlen should fire Mcd at the end of the season if we keep losing the games.
If we show some improvement, then Mcd should be given one more year.

As per the Schefter, Bowlen will not fire Mcd(irrespective of performance) due to monetary reasons.that's bad news.
I want broncos to be successful..Hopefully, we will start winning some games from today as everyone that supports broncos are tired of losing games.

You are entitled to your opinion, it's when you try to shove it down everyone else's throats that you get a reaction.

Believing it is too early to make an accurate decision about Josh McDaniels.

I'm going to try and not keep repeating this.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-31-2010, 10:29 AM

Which would make him all of 10-13 after 23 games. I realize you actually have nothing else to contribute to this board besides this broken record post, but he did take over a 24-24 team.

It's no defense for last week, but he didn't exactly take over a team that was on the cusp of taking it to the next level.

snowspot66
10-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Which would make him all of 10-13 after 23 games. I realize you actually have nothing else to contribute to this board besides this broken record post, but he did take over a 24-24 team.

It's no defense for last week, but he didn't exactly take over a team that was on the cusp of taking it to the next level.

It should also be considered that those teams were lucky to be 24-24. Only the game day coaching Shanahan and his long time offensive assistants kept that team competitive. It was a boat load of garbage with a few good pieces. When you cut 30 guys and they can't even get a job with the Lions or Rams you know your talent level is ****. McDaniels took over a really bad team. We just didn't realize how bad it was at that point in time.

oubronco
10-31-2010, 10:51 AM
I am a Chiefs fan with 30,000 posts on a Denver Broncos message board. Woo.

And is happy we get to keep our coach

SoCalBronco
10-31-2010, 10:51 AM
IMO, that's fair. That's how it should be. He needs to have a year where he gets his key personnel back from injury and he isn't starting rookies everywhere. That will provide a true assessment of where we are. Now, if he can't get into the playoffs with Dumervil and Ayers healthy, and the kids at WR and the OL a year older, then a change will have to be made, but he should have 2011 to show what he can do.

broncolife
10-31-2010, 10:52 AM
Seems like Boomer and Sharp both think if we and sf don't show improvement during this season both coaches will be fired.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-31-2010, 10:52 AM
Bad news.
Well, atleast the media talking about his firing unlike the Mcd lovers who seems to think he is doing a great job.

Seriously, were you dropped on your head as a baby?

Rock Chalk
10-31-2010, 10:53 AM
You know the more I listen to people on this board the more I realize I really dont like Bronco fans in general.

What a bunch of whining, crying, tampon wearing pussies.

baja
10-31-2010, 10:54 AM
It should also be considered that those teams were lucky to be 24-24. Only the game day coaching Shanahan and his long time offensive assistants kept that team competitive. It was a boat load of garbage with a few good pieces. When you cut 30 guys and they can't even get a job with the Lions or Rams you know your talent level is ****. McDaniels took over a really bad team. We just didn't realize how bad it was at that point in time.

I subscribe to this vision too.

Something to support Shanahan's offensive game plan & game day coaching ability is look what he is doing in Washington. He inherited some pretty good players and in particular a good D. Then he steals McNabb. Throw in Shanny's best attributes and he's got this team going places.

Course Mike gets - good players (long term high picks) on a badly coached team..

Josh gets - a few good players but nothing else (picking in the middle of the draft) on a team that was over achieving because of great offensive coaching.

WolfpackGuy
10-31-2010, 10:54 AM
If he doesn't turn it around, he will be gone.

3 million is nothing compared to a pissed off fan base and a half full stadium.

McDman
10-31-2010, 11:02 AM
You know the more I listen to people on this board the more I realize I really dont like Bronco fans in general.

I don't think it's only Bronco fans that think this way, it's pretty much every fan base. People in general are idiots.

broncos-rock
10-31-2010, 11:03 AM

This needs to be quoted for truth! :thanku:

baja
10-31-2010, 11:09 AM
I don't think it's only Bronco fans that think this way, it's pretty much every fan base. People in general are idiots.

Big drop off in people in general in the United States and where I live too.

People just don't think for themselves like they used to. In Maine where I grew up we called it commonsense.

I really believe there is a consorted effort to systematically dumb down America.

It's been going on for a long time and it's working alarmingly well.

NFLBRONCO
10-31-2010, 11:38 AM
Schefter=NFLBRONCO

;D

Now were talkin :)

Jetmeck
10-31-2010, 11:47 AM
Adam_Schefter

Broncos scheduled to pay Josh McDaniels through 2012, Mike Shanahan through 2011. No way Pat Bowlen pays three HCs in 2011. McDaniels safe.

good, he shouldnt be fired after this year.

No he should have been fired last Monday !!!!

Jetmeck
10-31-2010, 11:54 AM
Well according to you guys maybe Bowlen will forget !

TD30
10-31-2010, 12:03 PM
If he's still here lets hope for a lockout

Hamrob
10-31-2010, 12:06 PM
This is hillarious! All you McD guzzlers licking your wet lips crying to give McD another year. Please.

The guy is simply not very good. If he can't win the majority of the rest of the games this year...he deserves to be fired!

go_broncos
10-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Seriously, were you dropped on your head as a baby?

I don't know what to think about you if believe Mcd is a good coach.

spdirty
10-31-2010, 01:35 PM
We will see what happens if the last 2 games are played in front of a 1/3rd full stadium.

DivineBronco
10-31-2010, 01:42 PM
not after today I think this is the start of the end...can't lose to this team...just cant

Jesterhole
10-31-2010, 01:52 PM
At this point you kind of have to hope for a lockout next season rather than let McDouche have another year to turn it into mush...

Drek
10-31-2010, 02:02 PM
IMO, that's fair. That's how it should be. He needs to have a year where he gets his key personnel back from injury and he isn't starting rookies everywhere. That will provide a true assessment of where we are. Now, if he can't get into the playoffs with Dumervil and Ayers healthy, and the kids at WR and the OL a year older, then a change will have to be made, but he should have 2011 to show what he can do.

Agreed, completely.

I view the rest of 2010 as his chance to prove just how much rope he gets in 2011. If we're below .500 at the end of the season he needs to make a legit playoff run. Not some weak 8-8 wild card bid where we get ran out in the first round but a legit run. If he can get us at or above .500 I'd be ok with something like that, but he's running out of time. Otherwise I'm expecting something like 10-6 or 11-5, division win, and a realistic hope of making a run in the playoffs.

McDaniels biggest problem at this point is his gameday work and his assistants. He makes great game plans that put this team in a competitive position to win but he never seems to dial up the right offensive play like Shanahan often did in clutch situations. You've got to pin the complete lack of heads up football on the positional coaches that McDaniels has chosen as well.

His system is obviously capable of getting the job done in the NFL. He seems to have chosen some very good talent in the draft. But he isn't making it happen on Sundays. If he should lay another egg in 2011 it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a more experienced HC like Gruden bring in some experienced assistants and have this team making a legit title run within a year or two.

Goobzilla
10-31-2010, 02:04 PM
I think we could raise $4 mil if that's the only hold up.

Merlin
10-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Josh gets - a few good players but nothing else (picking in the middle of the draft) on a team that was over achieving because of great offensive coaching.
2nd rated offense in the league, top 12 in scoring when only considering offensive output, and top 10 performance considering field position...and they were a young bunch that need to be coached to be more disciplined so they could really exploit the red zone. Yeah, that is a few good players. As to the draft...are you kidding me? Look at all the choices McD had in the first 2 rounds in the draft, and look what we got from them. The guy has been pathetic at the draft, and his record has been inexcusable. 4-14, and the last two losses are a total blowout to a totally incompetent team with an incompetent coach and QB, and to the freaking 49s and their backup QB. The Broncos are bad and getting worse.

Merlin
10-31-2010, 04:28 PM
McDaniels biggest problem at this point is his gameday work and his assistants. He makes great game plans that put this team in a competitive position to win but he never seems to dial up the right offensive play like Shanahan often did in clutch situations.
+1
I wish we had had a GM such as Parcells to direct McD as a HC. He would have kept the latter's arrogance under control and allowed him to focus on offense, and ensured the hiring of the right position coaches. This team would be contending by now.

Broncos4tw
10-31-2010, 04:29 PM
He had a better team than he has now - he insisted on removing talent players for "character" players. He got rid of anyone who clashed with him personality-wise. You can't win games without talent. He is finding this out the hard way. We have -very- few impact players, especially on our lines.

fontaine
10-31-2010, 04:34 PM

Says the guy who has almost 30,000 posts on this board.

You "don't like Bronco fans in general" then why don't you piss off, "in general?"

RaiderH8r
10-31-2010, 06:11 PM
Bowlen's got himself set up about as well as he can be for a lockout season.

frerottenextelway
10-31-2010, 06:13 PM

I'd rate us about a 6.

Popps
10-31-2010, 06:21 PM

Like Meck points out... this board doesn't represent much. There are plenty of hardcore fans left out there.

razorwire77
10-31-2010, 06:39 PM
Short of absolute mutiny, or losing out this season, McDaniels will get his 3 years (for better or worse.)

uplink
10-31-2010, 06:43 PM
If the fan base does not have hope that the broncos will be a playoff team next year (based on play during the remaining 8 games) I think Bowlen will definitely fire McD after the year.

RaiderH8r
10-31-2010, 06:53 PM

I'd like to argue the point but a Jayhawks fan would know whining, crying, tampon wearing pussies when they spot them.:yayaya:

Ambiguous
10-31-2010, 07:35 PM
If the fan base does not have hope that the broncos will be a playoff team next year (based on play during the remaining 8 games) I think Bowlen will definitely fire McD after the year.

God I hope so. I actually think it will happen based on attendance of our last few games - hopefully people won't put up with this dog**** team.

The Moops
10-31-2010, 08:47 PM
Yeah, but . . . Bowlen hates losing. Broncos go 6-10 or worse . . . bye, bye kid coach . . .

Beantown Bronco
10-31-2010, 08:51 PM
He had a better team than he has now - he insisted on removing talent players for "character" players. He got rid of anyone who clashed with him personality-wise. You can't win games without talent. He is finding this out the hard way. We have -very- few impact players, especially on our lines.

Who are all these impact players they lost?

Cutler? Orton is playing at least as well if not better.
Marshall? Lloyd and co. have more than replaced his production.
Scheffler? He had, what, two great games a year and then disappeared for 14. Hardly an impact player there.

Broncos4tw
10-31-2010, 09:02 PM

Scheffler? He had, what, two great games a year and then disappeared for 14. Hardly an impact player there.

Are you suggesting we have BETTER talent than before? If you really believe this, you are delusional. We have better everything.. and yet we are probably one of the bottom 3 teams in the NFL? How is that even possible? If we did NOT lose impact players - players that are playmakers, and make things happen, why do we SUCK so badly? I'd love for you to explain it, other than blaming it on injuries or bad luck. All teams have injuries.

There is also chemistry. A team is a team because many players are the glue that have been together for years. McDaniels, in his quest to COMPLETELY make this team in his image, basically made the Broncos an EXPANSION team. It's as if the Broncos just started in Denver. It's going to take a long time to get cohesive.

ZONA
11-01-2010, 05:50 AM

LOVE the avatar bro. That's awesome.

go_broncos
11-01-2010, 05:53 AM
Right now, the only team we can beat is Buffalo.
We were atleast an average team under Shanny.
Now, we are raiders of 2010.
I hope Bowlen will evaluate Mcd after the end of the season and fire him if there is no improvement.
Right now, I am not even sure if Mcd can develop Tebow.

Rabb
11-01-2010, 07:40 AM
Right now, the only team we can beat is Buffalo.

I wouldn't bet on it, I said it in another thread but the 0-7 Bills play with more heart than we have all season.

ZachKC
11-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Yay!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs965.snc4/75817_450168931935_500191935_5499776_6102571_n.jpg

Mile High Shack
11-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Like Meck points out... this board doesn't represent much. There are plenty of hardcore fans left out there.

Bronco fans aren't use to losing....most of us weren't around for the 60's...most of us started early 80's or mid 80's when we were a continual winner.

There have been a few down years sure, but not like this....this is becoming a problem and I don't think the current regime has any idea how to turn this ship around.

go_broncos
11-01-2010, 09:23 AM

you are worried that fans are leaving mane???
if Mcd is our coach next year, you will see empty stands.

bendog
11-01-2010, 09:23 AM
popps is full of it. anyone who experienced the saban years would be seething with the product bowlen is forcing on people.

Jetmeck
11-01-2010, 09:42 AM
We are not the Chiefs or Raiders, we are not used to this disgusting display of lack of coaching, lack of talent and lack of desire. If Denver fans keep filling the stands like the ignorant Chief fans did for years with no hope then
we are totally lost. Tickets are way too high and lets face it all of have less throw away dough lately. So if management does not take steps to correct this situation quickly keep your ass at home.

bendog
11-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Bowlen's got himself set up about as well as he can be for a lockout season.

In the words of Samuel L. Jackson, Exactamundo

Eldorado
11-01-2010, 10:05 AM
100 million spent on players per year. If there needs to be a change 4 million is not going to stop the firing.

Post number 8. Why the hell is this thread still going?

bendog
11-01-2010, 10:13 AM
it's unfortunate that Cable is having such success because I'd really like to see what he'd do to McDaniels if he was the DC here.

RaiderH8r
11-01-2010, 10:28 AM
it's unfortunate that Cable is having such success because I'd really like to see what he'd do to McDaniels if he was the DC here.

I like Mike Nolan.

bendog
11-01-2010, 10:29 AM
yeah, but Cable would assault him ... repeatedly. (-:

Beantown Bronco
11-01-2010, 10:31 AM
I like Mike Nolan.

So do opposing offenses in the 2nd half of the year.

jhns
11-01-2010, 10:36 AM

LOL

This is just funny now. "How can you claim McDaniels has ever made a bad move? Can you not see that we are better in every way?"

Of course, it isn't as good as guys like Popps: "Those of us that like a coach turning us into a **** team are the real hardcore fans!"

The stupidity just never ends.

RaiderH8r
11-01-2010, 10:42 AM

I still like the guy he made wearing sideline suits cool again. He was the Mad Men craze before Mad Men became a craze.

I'm pretty sure a flaming bag of dog**** could get better D than this squad so I'm pretty much over whatever faults Nolan might have. Martindale isn't all bad either but only one of the two had 59 points hung on his D in 3 quarters and 21 hung on him in one quarter by the 1 win 9ers with Troy Smith at the helm. Not that Wink may not be a nice guy and sure the personnel we have is prettty dog**** but still, if a head's gotta roll for that it can't be the entire D....although that would help.

bendog
11-01-2010, 10:42 AM

It was good to fire him because the d is so improved.:thumbs:

ro_50
11-01-2010, 10:50 AM
I wonder what McDaniels will do with a first-round pick this time around..

DenverBroncosJM
11-01-2010, 10:57 AM
I wonder what McDaniels will do with a first-round pick this time around..

I think we pick in the 5-10 range unless meanest DL player of the century is there you trade back a couple, a couple slots and pick up an extra 2-3 round pick.

If this season continues to play out as it has we will have a very week schedule next year (KC style) with a healthy squad and some freashmeat on the DL I fin it hard to imagine we won't be a play off team.

Beantown Bronco
11-01-2010, 10:59 AM
It was good to fire him because the d is so improved.:thumbs:

He was not fired. Unless you think it's purely coincidental that he had the Miami contract inked within a minute after he emptied his office.

Beantown Bronco
11-01-2010, 11:02 AM
If this season continues to play out as it has we will have a very week schedule next year (KC style)

Only two games next year are effected by this year's record. It really doesn't make too much difference in the grand scheme of things. WHEN you play a team is far more important to overall strength of schedule than WHO you play in those two "variable" games.

Popps
11-01-2010, 11:02 AM
I think we pick in the 5-10 range unless meanest DL player of the century is there you trade back a couple, a couple slots and pick up an extra 2-3 round pick.

If this season continues to play out as it has we will have a very week schedule next year (KC style) with a healthy squad and some freashmeat on the DL I fin it hard to imagine we won't be a play off team.

Yep, for all of the suffering we've had as fans... we really did blow two games we SHOULD have won, and you could argue a case for 3. If that was the case, we'd all be talking about the divisional race.

Add a healthy Doom/Ayers/Clady to this team next year alone, and the improvement will be off the charts. More so, add some more talent through the draft and free agency, and we'll be competitive again.

This season may be painful, but there is some talent on this team. We just need to be more effective this next off-season.

tsiguy96
11-01-2010, 11:17 AM
maybe todd haley is a good example of what getting your guys and your system can look like. gotta give him one more year.

orangenblue
11-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Are you suggesting we have BETTER talent than before? If you really believe this, you are delusional. We have better everything.. and yet we are probably one of the bottom 3 teams in the NFL? How is that even possible? If we did NOT lose impact players - players that are playmakers, and make things happen, why do we SUCK so badly? I'd love for you to explain it, other than blaming it on injuries or bad luck. All teams have injuries.

There is also chemistry. A team is a team because many players are the glue that have been together for years. McDaniels, in his quest to COMPLETELY make this team in his image, basically made the Broncos an EXPANSION team. It's as if the Broncos just started in Denver. It's going to take a long time to get cohesive.

You think Knowshon Moreno is talented? Sorry... I can't even spell his name. Wasted first round pick right there.

orangenblue
11-01-2010, 01:00 PM
you think Don Martindale is more talented that Mike Nolan?

Mountain Bronco
11-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Didn't think Bowlen was paying Shanny because he got a new gig?

jhns
11-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Didn't think Bowlen was paying Shanny because he got a new gig?

I think he is paying the remainder from Shanahans contract here that he isn't making on his new team. He would have owed Shanny 7 mil a year until his contract was up. I'm not sure what Shanahan is making now but if it is 4 mil a year then Bowlen has to pay the other 3 mil a year to equal the 7 total.

This is how it was explained to me from people on a message board so I could be wrong.

bowtown
11-01-2010, 01:17 PM
I think he is paying the remainder from Shanahans contract here that he isn't making on his new team. He would have owed Shanny 7 mil a year until his contract was up. I'm not sure what Shanahan is making now but if it is 4 mil a year then Bowlen has to pay the other 3 mil a year to equal the 7 total.

This is how it was explained to me from people on a message board so I could be wrong.

Once again, jhns spouts off about things he knows nothing about. Shanahan makes 7 mil with the Skins, same as he made here. On top of that he is still owed 3.5 mil from the Broncos in 2010 and 2011. Bowlen would have owed him 7 million in each of those two years had he continued to sit out of football, but because he signed with another team, that number halved.

So for the next two years Shanahn receives 7 mil/year from the Skins and an additional 3.5 mil/year from the Broncos.

baja
11-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Once again, jhns spouts off about things he knows nothing about. Shanahan makes 7 mil with the Skins, same as he made here. On top of that he is still owed 3.5 mil from the Broncos in 2010 and 2011. Bowlen would have owed him 7 million in each of those two years had he continued to sit out of football, but because he signed with another team, that number halved.

So for the next two years Shanahn receives 7 mil/year from the Skins and an additional 3.5 mil/year from the Broncos.

what about the 250 G's Al Davis owes him?

bowtown
11-01-2010, 02:52 PM
what about the 250 G's Al Davis owes him?

http://nbcsportsmedia2.msnbc.com/j/NBCSports/Components/Video/_NEW/s_nfl_davisfiresoakkiffin_081001_mezzn.300w.jpg

Real ****ing funny mother****er.

manchambo
11-01-2010, 03:48 PM

I think that's exactly what they shouldn't do. One thing this team has been showing for years is that you need big-time impact players on both sides of the ball. Get the best defensive lineman in the draft. Don't trade back and pick in potential Jarvis Moss range. They need one really good player more thantwo pretty good players. They haven't had a real impact DL since Trevor Pryce left town, and there hasn't been a truly stout defense during that entire period.