PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Maybin might be available

robbieopperude
10-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Former number 11 pick of the Bills is now a deactivated OLB on the worst rush defense in the NFL. Could we get him over here for a couple of late round picks and Brady Quinn?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Is-Bills-linebacker-Aaron-Maybin-the-worst-playe?urn=nfl-280632

tsiguy96
10-28-2010, 04:51 PM
trade deadline up

robbieopperude
10-28-2010, 05:01 PM
shoot. why is the deadline up already. It should be week 12.

tsiguy96
10-28-2010, 05:03 PM
from what i understand, so bad teams dont start unloading good players near the end of the season MLB style if they have a big number in loss column.

gtown
10-28-2010, 05:16 PM
That's right. Let's get someone who has been deactivated at a key position on the worst run defense in the league. Sounds like a recipe for success. Do you thinks the Bills will want just Ayers for Maybin, or would we have to throw in another promising youngster as well to get this stud on our team?

WolfpackGuy
10-28-2010, 05:20 PM
He was picked just ahead of Moreno, so he must be good.

He might even give Moss a run for his money.

LOL

Hogan11
10-28-2010, 05:27 PM
from what i understand, so bad teams dont start unloading good players near the end of the season MLB style if they have a big number in loss column.

and here I thought it was to prevent the good teams from raiding all the remaining talent off from bad rosters, MLB style :P

PRBronco
10-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Lol I was just reading an article on him today. They were speculating that he might the worst player in the league. I guess Marquand Manuel's not playing any more.

Hogan11
10-28-2010, 05:30 PM
That's right. Let's get someone who has been deactivated at a key position on the worst run defense in the league. Sounds like a recipe for success. Do you thinks the Bills will want just Ayers for Maybin, or would we have to throw in another promising youngster as well to get this stud on our team?

If he's not motivated by just being in the NFL or because he's playing for the Bills, why would anyone think his attitude would change if he was delt to or picked up by the Broncos? I doubt poor attitude players would be inspired to play up to potential on this Broncos team as it exists right now.

TheProfessor
10-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Aaron Maybin has a similiar problem to Shawn Merri-roid-man-

http://blog.pennlive.com/bobflounders/2009/03/medium_maybin_before_after.jpg

RunSilentRunDeep
10-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Less talented than Jarvis Moss but more expensive. Make it happen!!

Dr. Broncenstein
10-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Can't make the active squad on possibly the worst team in the league? Sounds good, but does not pass the Belichick scrapheap test.

Pseudofool
10-28-2010, 06:39 PM

Because the last thing the NFL wants is to help teams rebuild, right?

bap454
10-28-2010, 06:57 PM

The power of CREATINE!!

Br0nc0Buster
10-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Jarvis Moss is impressed with his lack of production

put those two on the field together, and we may see a level of suck not seen before in the NFL

ColoradoDarin
10-28-2010, 07:13 PM

put those two on the field together, and we may see a level of suck not seen before in the NFL

Put those 2 on the same defense together and it just might create a black hole that can hold opposing rushers to under 4ypc!

:lombardi:

BroncoMan4ever
10-28-2010, 07:18 PM
He was picked just ahead of Moreno, so he must be good.

He might even give Moss a run for his money.

LOL

moss for him straight up in an epic trade of garbage.

cutthemdown
10-28-2010, 10:58 PM
Well we could trade Jarvis Moss for him. Then next yr we cut Maybin, Bills cut Moss. Maybe its easier that way.

Doggcow
10-28-2010, 11:06 PM
If he's not motivated by just being in the NFL or because he's playing for the Bills, why would anyone think his attitude would change if he was delt to or picked up by the Broncos? I doubt poor attitude players would be inspired to play up to potential on this Broncos team as it exists right now.

What about Phonsie? He got a lot better with a change of location...

v2micca
10-29-2010, 05:50 AM

Yeah, I don't understand why this would be a bad thing. It would allow bad teams already out of the running to stockpile draft picks in the hopes of digging themselves out of the basements as well as allowing contenders who suffer mid to late season injuries or just need that one last guy to help put them over the top.

bowtown
10-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Yeah, I don't understand why this would be a bad thing. It would allow bad teams already out of the running to stockpile draft picks in the hopes of digging themselves out of the basements as well as allowing contenders who suffer mid to late season injuries or just need that one last guy to help put them over the top.

It's to protect the players, I think.

tsiguy96
10-29-2010, 06:12 AM

what if we lose this next game, then traded champ, ayers and clady because we werent going to win this year?

v2micca
10-29-2010, 07:43 AM
what if we lose this next game, then traded champ, ayers and clady because we werent going to win this year?

We wouldn't trade Ayers and Clady, they are young guys that I believe the organization has plans for in building the franchise. Same thing in baseball, teams will rarely trade young players that they can control for the next 3 plus years.

Champ is another matter. I love the guy and would seriously miss him. But he has given his all to the organization for the past 6 years and I would not begrudge him the opportunity to go play for a contender while we are in rebuilding mode. Plus, with the way his contract negotiations were suddenly halted, the chances of him retiring as a Bronco are unfortunately pretty slim right now. I would prefer having the chance to trade him to a team making a play-off push and get something for him in return.

tsiguy96
10-29-2010, 08:00 AM
look at this from the leagues perspective. they wnat every game competitive all year round, they dont want buffalo mailing it in and trading whatever talent they do have (do they have any?) and have essentially zero shot of winning games after week 10.

houghtam
10-29-2010, 09:18 AM
It's apples and oranges. Baseball doesn't have a salary cap, so quite often, even younger players are traded in their contract years to unload payroll. The flipside of that is that in baseball you cannot trade draft choices either, so instead you end up getting a gaggle of half-developed kids in their late teens/early 20s, hoping that eventually one of them can contribute at the major league level.

It all goes back to the cap though, which is why small market teams don't end up competing, for the most part. The majority of the time even when one of their stars comes up from the farm system, they can't afford to keep them so they dump them in their contract year, and the cycle continues.

v2micca
10-29-2010, 11:42 AM
look at this from the leagues perspective. they wnat every game competitive all year round, they dont want buffalo mailing it in and trading whatever talent they do have (do they have any?) and have essentially zero shot of winning games after week 10.

Given how by week 15 a good 3rd of all NFL games are damn near unwatchable to all but their most faithful, I honestly don't see how this could make it worse.

HILife
10-29-2010, 12:31 PM

!!! He put on ~30lbs of solid muscle in 3 months!! I need to get on that workout program and when I mean "workout program" I mean roids.

EDIT: Correction 2 MONTHS!!

TheReverend
10-29-2010, 12:32 PM
<---Massive Penn St fan that says thanks but no thanks.

HILife
10-29-2010, 12:36 PM
The power of CREATINE!!

Back in high school when I took creatine and whey protien for 3 months together I got some good overall gains, but NOTHING like that.

HILife
10-29-2010, 12:38 PM

Do you mean worse then last weeks game? I don't think it gets worse then that.

hookemhess
10-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Relevant: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/243070-the-worst-player-in-the-nfl

PRBronco
10-29-2010, 01:21 PM
<---Massive Penn St fan that says thanks but no thanks.

He reminds me of Cam Wake physically (and I guess skillset wise), the BC Lions would be happy to take him for a couple years :)

Chris
10-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Someone needs to do less lower back exercises. Jesus.

Hogan11
10-29-2010, 02:15 PM
What about Phonsie? He got a lot better with a change of location...

New England ain't exactly Buffalo..............or even Denver right now.

Br0nc0Buster
10-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Do you mean worse then last weeks game? I don't think it gets worse then that.

Jason Hunter is much better than either of those and he is very very average

a McDonals paper bag is better than those because at least that presents an opportunity for an offensive player to slip on and slice open his arm

gunns
10-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Shutdown Corner ShareretweetEmailPrintThu Oct 28 08:05am PDT

Is Bills linebacker Aaron Maybin the worst player in the NFL?
By Chris Chase
The Buffalo Bills defense is ranked last in the NFL in points allowed. The unit has allowed the most rushing yards in the league. Its point differential is an NFL-worst -77. And, of course, the Bills are the only team in the NFL without a win. So if the Bills defense is the worst unit of the worst team in the league, does that mean the defense's worst player is also the worst player in the entire NFL?

Evidently, according to Jerry Sullivan of the Buffalo News. In a Thursday column, Sullivan says second-year linebacker Aaron Maybin(notes) is the worst player in the NFL because he can't get on the field for the Bills defense:

It's quite possible that Maybin is the worst player in the NFL (though a case could be made for John McCargo(notes), another former Bills' first-rounder who has been inactive all six games).

There's a good chance Maybin will be inactive again this week [he wasn't activated last week in Baltimore, the first time that has happened in his pro career] against Kansas City, the NFL's top rushing team. After a year and a half, he hasn't gotten better. If anything, he's regressed. Maybin has 21 tackles in 21 games. He has no sacks. This season, he's been on the field for 66 plays, with few tangible results.

The Bills gave Maybin a $15 million signing bonus after his holdout in 2009. That's not the sort of return on investment that made capitalism great. If Maybin were some seventh-round pick -- like, say, Ryan Fitzpatrick(notes) or Stevie Johnson -- he'd be long gone by now.

Maybin was the 11th pick of the 2009 draft. He's already been moved from defensive end to linebacker, but hasn't found his role in the Bills' new 4-3 scheme. Coaches won't put him on special teams and undrafted rookies are getting more playing time than him.

Sullivan says it's because Maybin is terrible and should be cut. The latter part might be true, but I refuse to believe Maybin is an awful football player. He did something at Penn State, enough to make him the No. 11 pick in the draft. (Yes, maybe the Bills picked him too high; but it was a couple spots too high, not a couple of rounds. Maybin wouldn't have dropped past, say, No. 20.) In most cases like this, it's a lack of work ethic that's the real culprit. That's why cutting Maybin would be silly right now. Give him some time to mature, then reevaluate. The deactivation could be the kick in the pants he needed. Or it could be the beginning of the end of his time with the Bills.

But is he the worst player in the NFL? Nah. As long as Jake Delhomme(notes) is still on a roster somewhere, Aaron Maybin doesn't have much to worry about.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Is-Bills-linebacker-Aaron-Maybin-the-worst-playe?urn=nfl-280632

ColoradoDarin
10-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Back in high school when I took creatine and whey protien for 3 months together I got some good overall gains, but NOTHING like that.

Creatine + protein + calories and I put on 15 pounds in 6 weeks just after college.