PDA

View Full Version : wembley

broncoblue
10-28-2010, 03:40 AM
just a heads up for anyone flying in for the game this weekend,dont know if you are aware but the clocks go back one hour sat/sun night.
also anyone who hasnt seen the tailgate thread...im going to the fanzone party saturday afternoon in trafalger square hoping for a photo with God (elway) and then in the evening heading to the Brewmaster Pub opp leicester square tube station @ 7pm and then sunday pre game theres a "tailgate" party at the green man pub.
anyonyone wanting to meet pm me and i will give you my cell/mobile number.
shaun:yayaya:

Miss I.
10-28-2010, 08:16 AM
I might be up for meeting God and some other stuff, but you are not allowed to take my picture because I believe photography steals my soul.

ROFL!Hilarious!:clown:

broncoblue
10-28-2010, 11:32 AM
i lost my soul 30 years ago!!!
never knmew the mad hatter was a bronco fan..my hat for wembley yay
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs914.snc4/72729_448127265994_665855994_5836651_3228814_n.jpg

Miss I.
10-28-2010, 11:47 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs914.snc4/72729_448127265994_665855994_5836651_3228814_n.jpg

okay, but I am going to have to drink a lot of ale to deal with that hat. ;D

Meck77
10-28-2010, 11:50 AM

:haw!:

Give em hell Blue!

dbfan4life
10-28-2010, 11:50 AM
just a heads up for anyone flying in for the game this weekend,dont know if you are aware but the clocks go back one hour sat/sun night.

Is that just in England? My calendar says daylight savings ends next weekend (Nov.7)

broncoblue
10-28-2010, 11:54 AM
miss and meck i intend too lol...db ,yes we change every last sun of oct in england.

Miss I.
10-28-2010, 11:55 AM
miss and meck i intend too lol...db ,yes we change every last sun of oct in england.

it's true, the English are different than us. ;D

Chris
10-28-2010, 12:39 PM
also anyone who hasnt seen the tailgate thread...im going to the fanzone party saturday afternoon in trafalger square hoping for a photo with God (elway) and then in the evening heading to the Brewmaster Pub opp leicester square tube station @ 7pm and then sunday pre game theres a "tailgate" party at the green man pub.

If I'd known Elway was going to be there I'dve gone. Bollocks. There was one American sports bar a couple years back where I watched the 04 draft and the Broncos' brutal loss to the Colts at the end of the 03 season. Wonder if that's still around.

Miss I.
10-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Floyd Little is also scheduled to be there.

Chris
10-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Floyd Little is also scheduled to be there.

Are you serious??? No one told me this when I thought about buying tickets. My best friend is going to the game and doesn't even care about American sports.

Miss I.
10-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Are you serious??? No one told me this when I thought about buying tickets. My best friend is going to the game and doesn't even care about American sports.

yeah, I got an email from a broncos website, trying to copy it for you now.

Miss I.
10-28-2010, 01:21 PM
The only thing I can't sort out is if they are also in on the event for Saturday which all the things advertising it only discuss the 49ers which is highly annoying. I would guess they will be at both.

Chris
10-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Yeah the sports cafe that's it. Americatown.

Damnit... I could've attempted to hit on a Broncos cheerleader as well.

Honestly I'm bummed.

broncosteven
10-28-2010, 07:47 PM

Oui!

Bloody Hell!

Will anyone from Gavin and Stacy or the IT Crowd be there? Just think of being able to get your picture with Uncle Bryn, Moss, Bessa and John.

That would be Crackin

Oui!

Chris
10-28-2010, 09:02 PM
They're not french Steven (forgive him.. he's from space).

Miss I.
10-28-2010, 09:07 PM

yeah I was kind of wondering why he kept saying yes, yes...in French...the English are not overly fond of the French as far as I can tell.

in England it's either oi or oy and it's just an attention thing, like saying Hey! basically. the English make me giggle. Cockney Rhyming slang is wicked. One day I have to do a whole post with it so I can really confuse people. ;D

broncosteven
10-28-2010, 09:30 PM

I didn't mean the French version, British hooligans are always yelling Oi and Bloody Hell, I don't know how to spell it but if you have seen the excellent movie "Rocknrolla" all they say is Oi and Bloody hell

strafen
10-28-2010, 09:35 PM
I didn't mean the French version, British hooligans are always yelling Oi and Bloody Hell, I don't know how to spell it but if you have seen the excellent movie "Rocknrolla" all they say is Oi and Bloody hellRugby is also a huge sport there.
They may look at our sport and wonder what's up with all that gear... lol! Ha!

Miss I.
10-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Rugby is also a huge sport there.
They may look at our sport and wonder what's up with all that gear... lol! Ha!

Rugby is awesome. I went to a game and hope to go again. So much fun and those guys are brutal. Plus, unlike soccer, at rugby matches because they don't have the violence, they still let you drink alcohol in the stands, not that that's important.

strafen
10-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Rugby is awesome. I went to a game and hope to go again. So much fun and those guys are brutal. Plus, unlike soccer, at rugby matches because they don't have the violence, they still let you drink alcohol in the stands, not that that's important.

I understand.
Mixing alcohol and soccer is not a good idea. Ha!

Mogulseeker
10-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Okay guys.... I have Lebara mobile. It's all over my facebook, and I think I pmed most of you with my number.

I'm posting it here because this number expires after I run out of minutes (I just bought 40 min), and I will just buy a new sim card if the spamming starts.

My cell number: +31 06 4403 1624

Call me. My train gets into London Station at 10:09pm, and here's the guy you'll be looking for: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs883.snc4/71667_437483046174_634146174_5628595_4360676_n.jpg

I'm the short one with the big nose.

British Bronco
10-29-2010, 05:56 AM
I'm gonna drive down Sunday morning from Liverpool, hoping to be in London for the Group photo at Trafalgur Square and the party at the Sports Cafe... and hoping to meet Elway!!

Scottish_Bronco
10-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Im not arriving until Sunday morning. Originally planned to come down the whole weekend but cant stay away from home too long as the girlfriend is 8 months pregnant. But my hotel is right beside Wembley stadium, so i'll be checking in around noon then metting Miss I to head along to the Green Man

Hopefully see plenty of fellow Broncos fans. I think i'll pull out the retro orange Elway jersey for this one :)

Rock Chalk
10-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Oui!

Bloody Hell!

Will anyone from Gavin and Stacy or the IT Crowd be there? Just think of being able to get your picture with Uncle Bryn, Moss, Bessa and John.

That would be Crackin

Oui!

Oy, bloody hell, you effing tossah

Chris
10-29-2010, 01:02 PM
This thread is somewhere between reality and americans that think english people say "Cheerio" and end their sentences with "what what".

Hulamau
10-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Is that just in England? My calendar says daylight savings ends next weekend (Nov.7)

Yep Europe goes on it a week before US.. Heading back from Hawaii to Amsterdam for a few months in a couple weeks myself.

Miss I.
10-31-2010, 04:33 PM
The highs and lows of tonight
1. High:The seat I was in was really high, but the visual of the field made me happy. I could see really well. That lasik stuff sure is good stuff.
2. The low: I really could see everything and there was some bad stuff. Freaking two dumb fouls that lost us points amongst other things.
3. High: got to meet some very cool Bronco fans and take pictures (that would be the low, I am really hoping none of those pics make it to here).
4. Low: my ex threatened me several times tonight via text messages. I may have to file a police report so that's a pretty big low and I really don't know how to deal with it. I am still shaking and really freaked out and oh yes crying about that on top of the loss. This is why I am still awake though I should be asleep. I guess on the upside it takes my mind off the game, but um, yeah I really can't joke about this. I am not sure why I am posting it, only maybe so if I ever stop posting, guess you will know why. Why can't people break up and not go insane? I don't get it.

broncoblue
11-01-2010, 09:21 AM
hope your ok miss i.

Miss I.
11-01-2010, 10:11 AM
hope your ok miss i.

I've had better days. Trying to sort out how to bar numbers from my phone and my mobile phone. Have told some people at work what is going on so if anything happens, people know. I am not letting some emotionally challenge lunatic control my life. Doesn't mean I am not a bit scared though. I think I might have to take his messages to the police. It's very weird.

TailgateNut
11-01-2010, 10:47 AM
I've had better days. Trying to sort out how to bar numbers from my phone and my mobile phone. Have told some people at work what is going on so if anything happens, people know. I am not letting some emotionally challenge lunatic control my life. Doesn't mean I am not a bit scared though. I think I might have to take his messages to the police. It's very weird.

Don't know enough to advise, but if this person is stepping across the line get a restraining order (or whatever the equivalent is in the UK). Don't mess with crazy people or those leaning toward crazy/ threatening behavior.

baja
11-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Miss I have someone with a strong sounding male voice create a new phone message for you and be creative, when he calls scare the hell out of him.

Miss I.
11-01-2010, 11:16 AM
I made a report to the police but I am afraid of what will happen when they contact him. I am afraid. I might have to move.

TailgateNut
11-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Just let the creep know that you'll be forwarding any future threatening messages to the police dept.

....and follow through....

Idle threats don't work for assholes.

go_broncos
11-01-2010, 11:23 AM
I made a report to the police but I am afraid of what will happen when they contact him. I am afraid. I might have to move.

Be careful..Stay with someone for few days and hope for the best.

TailgateNut
11-01-2010, 11:28 AM

WTF. Do they not have restraining orders in the UK? Are the police ****ing useless? Do you have any close friends there?

Who is this creep?

Rohirrim
11-01-2010, 11:30 AM

Get a can of pepper spray.

Garcia Bronco
11-01-2010, 11:31 AM
WTF. Do they not have restraining orders in the UK? Are the police ****ing useless? Do you have any close friends there?

Who is this creep?

Bobbies...there are called bobbies...or something like that.

Garcia Bronco
11-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Get a can of pepper spray.

Funk that...get a .44

Miss I.
11-01-2010, 11:43 AM

Who is this creep?

He's a guy I dated for 2 months, but broke up with because I felt it wasn't a right. And we were friendly for a few weeks and now he started sending horrible text messages making threats. So the police are coming over to see the messages and tell me what else I need to do, answer questions. I will be going to a friend's house tonight and maybe longer if necessaray depending on when they contact him. I don't want to be where he can find me.

go_broncos
11-01-2010, 11:46 AM
He's a guy I dated for 2 months, but broke up with because I felt it wasn't a right. And we were friendly for a few weeks and now he started sending horrible text messages making threats. So the police are coming over to see the messages and tell me what else I need to do, answer questions. I will be going to a friend's house tonight and maybe longer if necessaray depending on when they contact him. I don't want to be where he can find me.

Good decision..You should never stay alone.

TailgateNut
11-01-2010, 12:26 PM

Sounds pretty creepy. May I suggest asking the police what other options you have/ can exercise. Mace, gun, baseball bat.......etc...!

Beantown Bronco
11-01-2010, 12:38 PM
I've got two mastiffs you can borrow. Over 300 pounds of fury that could finally see their homeland.

baja
11-01-2010, 12:43 PM
I've got two mastiffs you can borrow. Over 300 pounds of fury that could finally see their homeland.

Man you must have big biceps picking all that crap. ;D

Bronco Yoda
11-01-2010, 01:27 PM

I'd say it wasn't right, if this dirtbag is now threatening you. Good idea to stay at a friends house. Hopefuly he backs off now that he knows that what he's doing is on record. You're in a tough spot living in the UK right now. They don't let you carry anything for protection we're use to in the states.

But... a small travel size can of hair spray is legal and so a lighter. Hairspry alone can blind an attacker and adding a lighter very creatively could.... well.... melt his face.

TailgateNut
11-01-2010, 02:20 PM
I'd say it wasn't right, if this dirtbag is now threatening you. Good idea to stay at a friends house. Hopefuly he backs off now that he knows that what he's doing is on record. You're in a tough spot living in the UK right now. They don't let you carry anything for protection we're use to in the states.

But... a small travel size can of hair spray is legal and so a lighter. Hairspry alone can blind an attacker and adding a lighter very creatively could.... well.... melt his face.

She can always say that she was doing her hair while snoking a cigarette and didn't see him coming.:thumbsup:

TailgateNut
11-01-2010, 02:23 PM

...or just a little slice of the brake lines.....and Bingo, No More Problems.

Miss I.
11-01-2010, 03:12 PM
...or just a little slice of the brake lines.....and Bingo, No More Problems.

He doesn't drive. He takes the tube and bus. However, I did talk to the police and basically as far as self defense I can carry a loud whistle sort of thing or get creative with my keys. I think he's just playing head games but I am glad to be at a friends for the next while. In all likelihood he will move on when he realizes I won't respond to him anymore. If not, I will upgrade my report to harrassment. They did send both an ambulance and metro police to his apartment in London (surprise surprise they guy has a record in their system). He texted me after they left to ask if I'd called. I did say yes because he'd said he was going to kill himself and I wanted them to check his welfare. They did tell him to stop contacting me, but obviously he didn't listen, but the police said to ignore his messages and no longer to respond to him. If he continues with the hostile responses to contact them. If he shows up to call 999. My apartment requires buzz in anyway, but as I am a friends for a bit, I can always be accompanied by friends to go back when I need stuff till be backs off. If he doesn't he will get charged and all that.

British Bronco
11-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Despite the result, what an absolute fantastic day. Followed the Broncos since I first caught a glimpse of the game in 98 and saw Elway throw a TD pass against Oakland in the old Mile High, and this was my first time seeing them play live!
Decided to give the tailgate at Wembley a miss due to the overwhelming pro 49er bias, and instead head into the centre of London to the Broncos party that they organised themselves.
First stop was Piccadilly Circus for the group photo. Was overwhelmed by the amount of Broncos fans there - I thought there'd be 20-30 tops, but there was closer to 300. Elway, Zimmerman, Little and Thompson all showed along with the cheerleaders and the Mascot for a group photo. Managed to shake hands with Elway and get on a photo with him (despite him looking the other way and signing an autograph whilst being bundled along like royalty!)
It was then onto the Sports Cafe, where the Cheerleaders were posing for photos and signing pictures, dancing and raffling off prizes - signed Elway Football, Jackets, Moreno signed jersey etc. Must have been 500 or so Bronco fans in there, and kudos for the Broncos in organising it themselves - otherwise there'd have been absolutely nowhere for Bronco fans to get together, as alls the NFL cared about was the 49ers.
It was disappointing to see the overwhelmingly pro 49er bias - I know it was a home game for them, but the Broncos agreed to play over here also... yet the NFL and media was all 49ers, with little mention of the Broncos and the stadium was completely 49er orientated. Bronco fans outnumbered 49er fans for definate - I'd estimate we had a couple of thousand fans spread across the stadium, but unfortunately every neutral in the stadium rooted for the 49ers due to the free flag they were given on their seats!
Anyway a few pictures:
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03164.jpg

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03173.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03166.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03174.jpg

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03176.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03181.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03182.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03199.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03217.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03224.jpg

British Bronco
11-01-2010, 03:40 PM
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03229.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03255.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03268.jpg

does anyone who this guy is btw - celeb fan? he was with the travelling party:

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03184.jpg

TailgateNut
11-01-2010, 03:43 PM
He doesn't drive. He takes the tube and bus. However, I did talk to the police and basically as far as self defense I can carry a loud whistle sort of thing or get creative with my keys. I think he's just playing head games but I am glad to be at a friends for the next while. In all likelihood he will move on when he realizes I won't respond to him anymore. If not, I will upgrade my report to harrassment. They did send both an ambulance and metro police to his apartment in London (surprise surprise they guy has a record in their system). He texted me after they left to ask if I'd called. I did say yes because he'd said he was going to kill himself and I wanted them to check his welfare. They did tell him to stop contacting me, but obviously he didn't listen, but the police said to ignore his messages and no longer to respond to him. If he continues with the hostile responses to contact them. If he shows up to call 999. My apartment requires buzz in anyway, but as I am a friends for a bit, I can always be accompanied by friends to go back when I need stuff till be backs off. If he doesn't he will get charged and all that.

A whistle???? WTF???

I'll send my wife over to take care of the little punk!;D

She's part Cherokee and part Korean. Talk about not wanting to piss someone off?

All kidding aside. Take care and be careful. "Nutsos" are unpredictable.

Miss I.
11-01-2010, 03:53 PM
A whistle???? WTF???

I'll send my wife over to take care of the little punk!;D

She's part Cherokee and part Korean. Talk about not wanting to piss someone off?

All kidding aside. Take care and be careful. "Nutsos" are unpredictable.

Thanks man. I am doing my best. I hope my ignore then change my phone #s will be enough to get him to change his attentions. If he tries anything at my place, dial 999 and then a cleaver to the soft parts might make him back off. ;D

Bronco Yoda
11-02-2010, 01:13 AM
It's really crazy that they don't allow lady's to carry pepper spray or zappers or anything. I have heard that there are non-toxic sprays on the market but it's still iffy on the legality right now. Then there's this blue foamy spray that staines the skine for a few days on the market. It won't save your life but I guess they can identify the attacker later. What an option eh?

Please stay safe.

Bronco Yoda
11-02-2010, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the pictures BB.

broncocalijohn
11-02-2010, 01:36 AM
This thread is nothing without those text messages!

Miss I.
11-02-2010, 11:22 AM
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03229.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03255.jpg
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03268.jpg

does anyone who this guy is btw - celeb fan? he was with the travelling party:

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd422/Daveybilo/DSC03184.jpg

Seriously awesome. wish I'd gone there, but your pictures are great. Thank you for sharing.

Mogulseeker
11-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Pics

baja
11-02-2010, 02:16 PM
I just wish there were more pics of you.

Miss I.
11-02-2010, 02:56 PM
I just wish there were more pics of you.

I agree. there should be more pics of hombreguapo. ;D