PDA

View Full Version : Moreno's hamstring hurt again?

Popps
10-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Can this team catch a ****ing break?

No sooner do I post a thread about the staff hoping to expand his role this week....

Knowshon Moreno, RB DEN
News: RB Knowshon Moreno was seen grabbing his right hamstring just above the knee and talking to the team's head trainer at the end of the open media period at practice Wednesday. Hours earlier, head coach Josh McDaniels talked about an expanded role for Moreno starting this week. It's too early to speculate on the Broncos' rusher at this point, but his hamstring problems have been well documented this season. The Broncos play the 49ers in London on Sunday.

Popps
10-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Said it when he got hurt. Hammys and groins are the worst. The **** just never goes away.

Dagmar
10-27-2010, 06:22 PM
For ****s sake. :(

WABronco
10-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Aw shucks.

oubronco
10-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Figures, we just can't get a break

THE719!
10-27-2010, 06:25 PM
im starting to think he either just dose not want to play or he is a wussy

Dagmar
10-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Maybe its a ruse...

oubronco
10-27-2010, 06:32 PM
So who'll get the bulk of the carries Buck or Maroney

broncosteven
10-27-2010, 06:33 PM
and just when he got over 3 YPC!

He is on pace for a Kijana Carter like 2nd season.

We get to bust out a heavy dose of Voltron for the London crowd, they won't know what hit them!

Popps
10-27-2010, 06:36 PM

We get to bust out a heavy dose of Voltron for the London crowd, they won't know what hit them!

Hilarious!

This really does suck.

Requiem
10-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Just popped open a bottle of Everclear. This is going to be a messy Wednesday night.

Pony Boy
10-27-2010, 06:51 PM

yerner
10-27-2010, 06:53 PM
that blows. he's really the only dude i enjoy watching play right now. maybe lloyd too.

vancejohnson82
10-27-2010, 06:56 PM
merge the threads

Mr. Elway
10-27-2010, 06:58 PM
im starting to think he either just dose not want to play or he is a wussy

Or maybe he really has an injury?

Popps
10-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Or maybe he really has an injury?

It can take a year to fully get over a hamstring or groin injury, particularly if you're not giving it proper time to rest.

Remember Champ's last groin injury? It ****ed up his whole season.

This is a bummer. I was hoping he was shaking it off and could have used the bye to get closer to 100%.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-27-2010, 07:03 PM
that blows. he's really the only dude i enjoy watching play right now. maybe lloyd too.

You enjoy watching a guy who averages 3.3 YPC?

oubronco
10-27-2010, 07:05 PM

Apparently you do

Dagmar
10-27-2010, 07:08 PM
http://www.wineberserkers.com/images/smilies/suicide.gif

Chris
10-27-2010, 07:11 PM
My groin has never left me.

10-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Apparently you do

I get great pleasure in watching Broncos RBs get stuffed.

BigPlayShay
10-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Where is this from?

Popps
10-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Where is this from?

CBS Sportsline

More from Sporting News....

RB Knowshon Moreno’s status for Sunday’s game vs. San Francisco became more interesting when he grabbed his right hamstring Wednesday during a drill and then was seen commiserating with the head trainer.

Moreno pulled his right hamstring on the first day of camp, forcing him to miss the entire preseason. A pulled left hamstring kept him inactive for three games. It was only recently that the ’09 first-round pick had begun to get his conditioning up to the point where he could be an every-down contributor. In fact, coach Josh McDaniels only hours before Moreno seemingly tweaked his leg was talking about him not being “a two-down player” and a possible factor in the passing game on third down.

If Moreno is hampered, Laurence Maroney can expect more carries. Maroney has been pedestrian in a fill-in role. ... If there’s a coup d’etat brewing in the Broncos’ locker room about McDaniels’ 4-13 record in his last 17 games, it hasn’t surfaced publicly. There reportedly was some private griping about the practices leading up to the Oakland game, but team captains such as LB Mario Haggan and CB Champ Bailey both came to McDaniels’ defense and backed him for the way he prepares and teaches.

The question is how long owner Pat Bowlen will be patient if the slide continues. The fact the 45-point loss came against rival Oakland doesn’t help. With two more years left on McDaniels’ contract, it’s doubtful Bowlen would make a move for fiscal and P.R. reasons. The season would have to completely spiral out of control to consider a change.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-10-27/knowshon-moreno-may-have-a-hamstring-injury#ixzz13c1pve45

Dagmar
10-27-2010, 07:27 PM
I find it weird that MaxBroncos nor Lindsay Jones have mentioned this. They are usually first with virtually anything that happens in Broncoland.

yerner
10-27-2010, 07:29 PM

Yes, Bob. Have you seen Maroney? He makes Knowshon look like Jim Brown.

BigPlayShay
10-27-2010, 07:45 PM
I find it weird that MaxBroncos nor Lindsay Jones have mentioned this. They are usually first with virtually anything that happens in Broncoland.

Lindsay Jones is already in London, and MaxBroncos is traveling there tonight. May not have had time to update or even witnessed it.

THE719!
10-27-2010, 07:46 PM

Why did you have to hurt your leg Mr. Hillis.... we could of been in the playoffs

WolfpackGuy
10-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Yes, Bob. Have you seen Maroney? He makes Knowshon look like Jim Brown.

Yeah, at Jim Brown's current age of 74.

KipCorrington25
10-27-2010, 07:50 PM
All that end zone dancing strained?

Taco John
10-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Do I have to wait until the end of the season to get my pizza and beer, or can I go ahead and collect? Might as well have some beer to cry in, ya know?

Funny thing is, I made this bet when Hillis was a third string back.

baja
10-27-2010, 07:54 PM
Do I have to wait until the end of the season to get my pizza and beer, or can I go ahead and collect? Might as well have some beer to cry in, ya know?

Did we have an injury clause? ;D

McDman
10-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Sadly, some of the people on this board will be happy about this. They enjoy seeing this team fail with McD as our head coach.

There's really nothing you can do for hamstrings, I've pulled mine in lacrosse and it hampered me the whole season and it was the next year before I felt 100% again.

strafen
10-27-2010, 08:00 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=27375&d=1288227031
The curse of Peyton Hillis lives on...

strafen
10-27-2010, 08:02 PM

It's a conspiracy!

TheProfessor
10-27-2010, 08:03 PM
So,

Assuming that this curse continues and we end up #5 in the draft. What happens if there is no season in 2011?

Do we pick at #5 for both 2010 and 2011?

If that is the case, who knows maybe there is a purpose behind this crappy season (so far).

McDman
10-27-2010, 08:05 PM
So,

Assuming that this curse continues and we end up #5 in the draft. What happens if there is no season in 2011?

Do we pick at #5 for both 2010 and 2011?

If that is the case, who knows maybe there is a purpose behind this crappy season (so far).

That's actually a really good question, maybe someone who twitters can ask Schefter or someone that would know.

WolfpackGuy
10-27-2010, 08:06 PM
I dunno?

Are there any short, slow, midget CB's or extreme project QB's to trade the picks for?

Br0nc0Buster
10-27-2010, 08:15 PM
ah youre killing me Knowshon

PRBronco
10-27-2010, 08:21 PM
**** my life.

bowtown
10-27-2010, 08:21 PM
I remember one time when I sprained my knee and after a few weeks of healing I went to the doctor and was talking to him about it, and I touched it to show him where I was still having a little stiffness... my mom saw it from the waiting room and blew it out of proportion.

Everyone in this thread = my mom

bowtown
10-27-2010, 08:25 PM
CBS Sportsline
RB Knowshon Moreno’s status for Sunday’s game vs. San Francisco became more interesting

That MI injury status can be a cruel mistress.

ColoradoDarin
10-27-2010, 08:32 PM
I remember one time when I sprained my knee and after a few weeks of healing I went to the doctor and was talking to him about it, and I touched it to show him where I was still having a little stiffness... my mom saw it from the waiting room and blew it out of proportion.

Everyone in this thread = my mom

Your story = awesome

Dagmar
10-27-2010, 08:37 PM

Hillis has 6, Knowshon has 4.

Hillis has started 6 games.

Knowshon has started 4.

It bothers me immensely that injuries to our players are giving you so much please, but I'll hold my tongue, I wouldn't want to get banned again.

Quoydogs
10-27-2010, 08:38 PM
http://www.wineberserkers.com/images/smilies/suicide.gif

ROFLMAO

I have not seen this one. LOL

strafen
10-27-2010, 08:47 PM

Knowshon has started 4.

It bothers me immensely that injuries to our players are giving you so much please, but I'll hold my tongue, I wouldn't want to get banned again.That is called karma, my friend.
If you think it's not, then consider the numerous posts floating over here people wondering how many games until Hillis got injured.

That's rather ironic, don't you think?

Taco John
10-27-2010, 09:11 PM

Knowshon has started 4.

It bothers me immensely that injuries to our players are giving you so much please, but I'll hold my tongue, I wouldn't want to get banned again.

Nothing about our injuries gives me any pleasure. I just saw an opportunity for easy beer and pizza on a bet that I considered was about even at the time that I made it, despite the fact that Hillis was a #3 then and Moreno a #1.

loborugger
10-27-2010, 09:16 PM
http://www.walyou.com/img/Nintendo-games-characters-art-mike-tyson-glass-joe-1.jpg

GLASS JAW MOE!!!

Los Broncos
10-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Sucks he is our best pass catching back.

looks like wont be really ready till next season.

strafen
10-27-2010, 09:36 PM

Knowshon has started 4.

It bothers me immensely that injuries to our players are giving you so much please, but I'll hold my tongue, I wouldn't want to get banned again.Why is it that in your mind, people have to only post what you approve?
Why do you confront people this way, dude?
Quit lecturing people and fan policing the board...
I don't think anyone here would take pleasure in seeing our own players get hurt...

TheReverend
10-27-2010, 10:02 PM
omfg... i actually thought this was an old threat that got bumped.

jesus

Popps
10-27-2010, 10:05 PM
omfg... i actually thought this was an old threat that got bumped.

jesus

Yea, not an old thread... but getting old.

I'm giving the guy a flier this year, because I've seen many a hamstring injury ruin full seasons for guys who later went on to have good careers. But, it is frustrating, and I hope he's not going to have an injury-laden career.

Practice again, no less. What the **** are these guys doing in practice that they're tearing pec muscles, ripping up their hamstrings?

TheReverend
10-27-2010, 10:08 PM

I'm giving the guy a flier this year, because I've seen many a hamstring injury ruin full seasons for guys who later went on to have good careers. But, it is frustrating, and I hope he's not going to have an injury-laden career.

Practice again, no less. What the **** are these guys doing in practice that they're tearing pec muscles, ripping up their hamstrings?

Going out on a limb here bro, but I think they're playing football. ^5

Popps
10-27-2010, 10:11 PM

Dunno, my money is that they're going to surprise us late in the season with some kind of impromptu Cirque du Soleil-like performance at half-time. They have to be doing something other than football, the way guys drop like flies every week.

The Joker
10-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Best season ever.

Really great question someone asked earlier about the 2012 draft if there's a lockout next year, might email some people who might know that.

Quoydogs
10-27-2010, 10:15 PM

This must be in practice then cause it isn't on the field on Sundays.

The MVPlaya
10-27-2010, 10:15 PM

I think the question is what are they doing BEFORE they get on the practice field.
;)

BlaK-Argentina
10-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Really, this season BLOWS.

The MVPlaya
10-27-2010, 10:20 PM
http://www.ohjohnny.net/blow/Blow021.jpgReally, this season BLOWS.

bpc
10-28-2010, 12:15 AM
MMmm, injury prone.

BigPlayShay
10-28-2010, 12:28 AM
FWIW, he's not on the injury report, which is released after practice.

Popps
10-28-2010, 12:33 AM
FWIW, he's not on the injury report, which is released after practice.

Hope it was just a precaution, and this is much ado over nothing.

We need the kid on Sunday.

Drek
10-28-2010, 01:20 AM
MMmm, injury prone.

For a guy who has so much hands on experience with football I'd think you of all people would know that hamstring injuries aren't a sign of being injury prone, they're a sign of inappropriate conditioning.

Kind of like groin pulls. The other incredibly frequent injury we've seen cropping up on this team for the last several years.

Both injuries also don't keep a guy off the field for prolonged stints but they sure do keep guys from playing at 100%.

Its time for some serious revision of the training/strength and conditioning staff.

broncocalijohn
10-28-2010, 02:11 AM

No sooner do I post a thread about the staff hoping to expand his role this week....

[I]Knowshon Moreno, RB DEN
News: RB Knowshon Moreno was seen grabbing his right hamstring just above the knee and talking to the team's head trainer at the end of the open media period at practice Wednesday. Hours earlier, head coach Josh McDaniels talked about an expanded role for Moreno starting this week. I]

Expanded as in doing water boy duties? I feel sorry for those Brits who will have to see the way American Football is not supposed to be played or Orton gets to excite them with 50 plus passing attempts.

OBF1
10-28-2010, 02:29 AM
Greek... Break out the industrial strength Tussin, should be fine for Sunday :)

Bronco Yoda
10-28-2010, 03:02 AM
Me thinks Moreno isn't preping himself correctly. Obviously his conditioning is ****. Two years in a row now. He's a professional now. He should start training and living like one. I'd trust bringing in someone like Romo to balance everything out with him than our vaunted training staff.

fontaine
10-28-2010, 05:36 AM
Dunno, my money is that they're going to surprise us late in the season with some kind of impromptu Cirque du Soleil-like performance at half-time. They have to be doing something other than football, the way guys drop like flies every week.

You won't have to wait till half-time.

Just until Maroney gets the carries now.

Rock Chalk
10-28-2010, 06:03 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=27375&d=1288227031
The curse of Peyton Hillis lives on...

Isn't Hillis injured still?

Rabb
10-28-2010, 07:05 AM
Me thinks Moreno isn't preping himself correctly. Obviously his conditioning is ****. Two years in a row now. He's a professional now. He should start training and living like one. I'd trust bringing in someone like Romo to balance everything out with him than our vaunted training staff.

methinks it's the training staff

we have had way too many soft tissue problems over the last several years...well before Josh came in

yoga, circus training...I don't care what they need to add but they need to change it up obviously

Broncoman13
10-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Isn't Hillis injured still?

Yes, he's been injured for the better part of the last 4-6 weeks... the only difference is, he still plays and is productive. He had a quote after one of the games about a month ago that was something along the lines of, "Thankfully we don't play on Wed. I would never be ready to go, but by Sunday I'll feel well enough to play again." Makes sense with his running style and the way he takes/gives a pounding.

missingnumber7
10-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Greek... Break out the industrial strength Tussin, should be fine for Sunday :)

Naw, he just needs to put some windex on it.

CEH
10-28-2010, 07:45 AM

We'll miss his 53 yards 31 of which came in the 4th qtr. If he were truly a great back he would have moved the chains with those 31 yards in the 1st and 2nd Qtrs when we needed to keep the Defense off the field for a while and let them regroup

If we wanted a RB who could catch passes, pass on the #12 pick and draft a mismatch waiting to happen like McCluster in the 2nd and select a Defensive player who might be able to help us

DarkHorse
10-28-2010, 08:00 AM
I don't see what's so bad about him hurting his mangina, errr, hamstring (again) anyway - he still hasn't shown anything when he's 100% healthy.

Just do not care about Moreno's status anymore. I'm officially not a fan.

Been on the fence for quite a while with this guy, slowly started losing confidence with him and now, finally, I could care less about his status. He offers nothing to this team, hurt or healthy.

Dagmar
10-28-2010, 08:04 AM
I don't see what's so bad about him hurting his mangina, errr, hamstring (again) anyway - he still hasn't shown anything when he's 100% healthy.

Been on the fence for quite a while with this guy, slowly started losing confidence with him and now, finally, I could care less about his status. He offers nothing to this team, hurt or healthy.

Except 4 TD's in 4 starts?

DarkHorse
10-28-2010, 08:08 AM

I'll take that Ivory kid down in N.O - who cost them damn near nothing and has shown that he has the skillset to run the football.

This isn't dancing with the stars (where Moreno would shine) We need a running back, that's the bottom line.

This guy can't stay healthy, and has shown that he cannot hit the hole with any kind of confidence, power, speed, etc...

There are bums being pulled in from off the street that make him look terrible considering the hype, the 1st round pick, etc.... He's just not a fit for us.

Dagmar
10-28-2010, 08:24 AM
he still hasn't shown anything when he's 100% healthy.

I could care less about his status. He offers nothing to this team, hurt or healthy.

4 touchdowns in 4 starts.

Make your lame jokes all you want, he as produced.

Mile High Shack
10-28-2010, 08:54 AM
just when I was going to start him in fantasy, damn you football gods...damn you alll to hellllll (while starting up at sky beating chest)

Mile High Shack
10-28-2010, 08:55 AM

psh, 2 of those TDs came in a game where we were losing 38-0, so kinda garbage TDs almost, then he acted like an assclown when he scored.

Knowshon hasn't shown a good burst through the line at all in 2 years so far, nor has he shown the ability to beat people one on one consistently. The concerns about him coming out of college and so far turned true (slow top end speed)

Rohirrim
10-28-2010, 08:56 AM
We've been snake bit ever since we moved to Dove Valley. That must be some ancient indian burial ground or something. It's bad ju ju. We've got to move back to Greeley.

Rabb
10-28-2010, 09:02 AM
psh, 2 of those TDs came in a game where we were losing 38-0, so kinda garbage TDs almost, then he acted like an assclown when he scored.

Knowshon hasn't shown a good burst through the line at all in 2 years so far, nor has he shown the ability to beat people one on one consistently. The concerns about him coming out of college and so far turned true (slow top end speed)

so all of the sudden TDs in blowouts don't count?

Mile High Shack
10-28-2010, 09:11 AM
so all of the sudden TDs in blowouts don't count?

sure they count stat wise, but it didn't impact the game at all. I like TDs when the game is on the line or when you put a team away.

Knowshon can't get the tough yards at the goal line, can't pull away from anyone in the open and can't make defenders miss one on one.

He's an average back, not someone who will carry a team for a game, but he's serviceable....he'll be a pro for awhile barring injury, but he shouldn't of been the first RB taken last year.

BigPlayShay
10-28-2010, 09:19 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/Denver_Broncos/status/28998465429

Knowshon Moreno "should be fine" for Sunday's game.

Rabb
10-28-2010, 09:38 AM
sure they count stat wise, but it didn't impact the game at all. I like TDs when the game is on the line or when you put a team away.

Knowshon can't get the tough yards at the goal line, can't pull away from anyone in the open and can't make defenders miss one on one.

He's an average back, not someone who will carry a team for a game, but he's serviceable....he'll be a pro for awhile barring injury, but he shouldn't of been the first RB taken last year.

now I am absolutely not saying he is MVP material or TD reincarnate, but...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d81b957a8/Moreno-27-yard-TD-catch

sorry, I know there is solid blocking there but he had one hell of a run/catch and powered into a couple guys at the goal line (yes I know, it's not a "goal line run")

I do get your point and am also not 100% convinced about him long term, but it's very clear that when he is on the field he is talented as hell

Ambiguous
10-28-2010, 09:38 AM

Sweet! We should be good for 3 YPC instead of -1.

/negative nancy

McDman
10-28-2010, 09:43 AM
The guy has yet to run behind a good line, people should hold their overbearing criticisms for when they have a good offensive line corp.

bowtown
10-28-2010, 09:46 AM

Does whoever wrote that know that he touched his leg at the end of practice yesterday though, or that PFW has officially downgraded his status to More Interesting?

Mile High Shack
10-28-2010, 09:52 AM
The guy has yet to run behind a good line, people should hold their overbearing criticisms for when they have a good offensive line corp.

even when he gets in open he has yet to run away from someone or make people miss in one on one situations (consistently, yes I know he has done it a couple times)

I think he's a decent back, but there were other needs that should have been addressed in this position. Where he was picked based on our needs, he needed to be a homerun, not a solid single

Popps
10-28-2010, 09:55 AM

Where he was taken is really irrelevant at this stage. The question is, can he help us win... and is he a quality back. The answers to both of those questions is yes. He's not Adrian Peterson, but again... watch his highlights from last year when he had some blocking. The guy performed very well.
He had NO problem getting in the endzone, either. I don't know where you get that.

We need blocking, regardless of who is in our backfield. We simply don't open running lanes. It's plain as day, and I'm not sure how anyone couldn't see it.

Popps
10-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Does whoever wrote that know that he touched his leg at the end of practice yesterday though, or that PFW has officially downgraded his status to More Interesting?

Hilarious!

Mile High Shack
10-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Where he was taken is really irrelevant at this stage. The question is, can he help us win... and is he a quality back. The answers to both of those questions is yes. He's not Adrian Peterson, but again... watch his highlights from last year when he had some blocking. The guy performed very well.
He had NO problem getting in the endzone, either. I don't know where you get that.

We need blocking, regardless of who is in our backfield. We simply don't open running lanes. It's plain as day, and I'm not sure how anyone couldn't see it.

I never thought our oline has performed well the past 2 years, there have been occasions where Moreno has been given the opportunity to go one on one and he has failed, he also seems to have bad vision at the line, chooses the wrong hole sometimes.

I hope I'm wrong, I just didn't like the pick last year and so far he hasn't shown much to prove me wrong. I'm not a hater, because I want him to succeed, hell I even drafted him in fantasy this year. I just have doubts and reservations

McDman
10-28-2010, 10:56 AM
I never thought our oline has performed well the past 2 years, there have been occasions where Moreno has been given the opportunity to go one on one and he has failed, he also seems to have bad vision at the line, chooses the wrong hole sometimes.

I hope I'm wrong, I just didn't like the pick last year and so far he hasn't shown much to prove me wrong. I'm not a hater, because I want him to succeed, hell I even drafted him in fantasy this year. I just have doubts and reservations

He did take the wrong hole sometines last year but he was a rookie. I haven't seen it too much this year. Our run game has looked immensely superior with Moreno in the game, he is head and shoulders above Maroney.

Triplelefthook
10-28-2010, 10:57 AM

glad someone mentioned this

Popps
10-28-2010, 11:01 AM

Fair enough. I still say the evidence is there if you want to look at it. Dial up his highlight vid from 09. Through the first 8 games (before our OL took a dump).. he was running very well, overall. Not a superstar stat-line, but we don't really use backs in that fashion.

At this stage, I'm not worried about his talent. I'm worried about him staying on the field.

serious hops
10-28-2010, 11:01 AM
We need to add a legitimate back this offseason in the absolute worst way. I haven't given up on Moreno, but his propensity for constantly getting dinged up is seriously discouraging. Even if he was more durable we'd still need at least one more competent back to complement him, but with the way this year has gone for him and our running game, IMO we NEED to bring in another RB who's good enough to push Moreno for the starting job.

PRBronco
10-28-2010, 11:22 AM
We need to add a legitimate back this offseason in the absolute worst way. I haven't given up on Moreno, but his propensity for constantly getting dinged up is seriously discouraging. Even if he was more durable we'd still need at least one more competent back to complement him, but with the way this year has gone for him and our running game, IMO we NEED to bring in another RB who's good enough to push Moreno for the starting job.

Yeah. That should solve everything. ::)

Dagmar
10-28-2010, 11:22 AM
glad someone mentioned this

Especially how after the game the vets were asked about it and it was his attempt to pump up a shell shocked team.

#doesn'tfityouragendathough

serious hops
10-28-2010, 11:34 AM

Never said it would, so keep the sarcasm. You really like Maroney and Buckhalter that much going forward?

Durango
10-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Fair enough. I still say the evidence is there if you want to look at it. Dial up his highlight vid from 09. Through the first 8 games (before our OL took a dump).. he was running very well, overall. Not a superstar stat-line, but we don't really use backs in that fashion.

At this stage, I'm not worried about his talent. I'm worried about him staying on the field.

Why do you put this crap out there, Popps? He was crap in the first 8 games as he's been crap except for a carry here and a carry there. The highlight of his 'career' is a 90 yard game. I once thought he was the second coming of Sammy Winder. Now I think that's an insult to Sammy Winder.

Everyone should be worried about his talent. He's injury prone and headed for obscurity.

3.7 ypc, 423 yards, 53 yards a game the first 8 games of '09. That's not 'very well'. That's not even journeyman status. c'mon man.

http://www.nfl.com/players/knowshonmoreno/gamelogs?id=MOR120768&season=2009

Dagmar
10-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Durango, how many rookies set the heather on fire? How's Ryan Mathews doing? Spiller?

strafen
10-28-2010, 11:56 AM
I
Make your lame jokes all you want, he as produced.in garbage time...

Durango
10-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Durango, how many rookies set the heather on fire? How's Ryan Mathews doing? Spiller?

Ryan Mathews is averaging 4.7 ypc. FOURPOINTSEVEN. Spiller, at least, LOOKS like he has the goods, and even behind that garbage that Buffalo masquerades as a QB and O-line, even HE managed 4.3 yards per carry and he can't even get on the field.

Moreno doesn't even look the part of a feature back, but he does celebrate well after scoring in a game where Denver trailed by 40+ points. I'll give him that. Sammy Winders' mud walk was better though.

Taco John
10-28-2010, 12:35 PM

There's no one move that is going to solve everything. That shouldn't stop us from addressing a clear need at runningback. Moreno may be able to carry the load, but as of right now, he's a huge question mark in terms of both durability and production. Whether we address it via free agency or through the draft, we should do something to bring more depth and competition to the runningback position.

cutthemdown
10-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Said it when he got hurt. Hammys and groins are the worst. The **** just never goes away.

Naw you said things like everything will be fine, Broncos great, nothing to worry about it.

baja
10-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Mahoney doesn't appear to be worth a 4th for a 6th so far.

cutthemdown
10-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Since all of our rbs look like crappola it would make sense to say it could be the worst blocking in NFL history. But it could be the worst blocking coupled with really bad rbs.

No doubt Broncos have very few spots they can just sit on. Really every spot on team outside of QB and WR has to be addressed.

Drek
10-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Since all of our rbs look like crappola it would make sense to say it could be the worst blocking in NFL history. But it could be the worst blocking coupled with really bad rbs.

No doubt Broncos have very few spots they can just sit on. Really every spot on team outside of QB and WR has to be addressed.

When healthy the LBs and DBs are good. Upgrades over Haggan, Goodman, and Hill wouldn't hurt but they aren't needed to be a winning team.

If you look at the few times we've gotten Moreno in space, mostly in the passing game, you see that he has what it takes to make plays. We just need an OL that opens real holes for him to run through, not this phantom bull**** that gets filled by a 'backer just about the same time Moreno has to cut for it.

fontaine
10-28-2010, 12:51 PM
There is a more fundamental problem than talent in our running game.

Our current OL/RB scheme and coaching isn't getting the most out of the talent that is there.

What makes anyone think bringing in another RB is going to even help?

There is a very clear difference in the execution between the passing game and run blocking.

You watch our WRs run crisp routes, stop and go, or come back and Orton is constantly throwing to a space where the receiver is going to be rather than where he is. There is a huge amount of trust and chemistry there especially between Orton and Lloyd because Kyle is more than willing to throw the ball up there and let Lloyd fight it out for the grab. That's more than execution, that's a WR willing to put his body on the line for his QB. That's the kind of team play and chemistry that was so clear cut in the first 5-6 games of the season in our passing game.

Watch Orton's drop backs compared to down and distance, how the trip WR formation uses the lead WRs to block out the underneath coverage for the 3rd WR.

All that is the right talent working in a solid system coached up to the hilt.

Now compare that to the running game where I've seen Walton get confused over simple stunts and twists. The interior of the line get confused as to who picks up the A or B gap blitzer. Sure, Clady was playing at less than 100% and probably Harris to but there's a fundamental difference between playing hurt and playing stupid.

This season, in the run game, we're playing stupid. About the ONLY back who hits the hole with any confidence was Buckhalter in our last game against the Jets. The rest of the backs are running, well, scared because they EXPECT defenders in the backfield. The entire line looks like they're playing not to make mistakes rather than trusting the guy beside them and playing all out.

Until that's fixed on a coaching level, IMO, talent won't matter for much.

>> And it hasn't. We've switched up the OL, chopped and changed it, had different RBs, with or without Larsen, and so on. None of the players have made any difference to the bottom line when it comes to the run game.

Popps
10-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Why do you put this crap out there, Popps? He was crap in the first 8 games as he's been crap except for a carry here and a carry there. The highlight of his 'career' is a 90 yard game. I once thought he was the second coming of Sammy Winder. Now I think that's an insult to Sammy Winder.

Everyone should be worried about his talent. He's injury prone and headed for obscurity.

3.7 ypc, 423 yards, 53 yards a game the first 8 games of '09. That's not 'very well'. That's not even journeyman status. c'mon man.

http://www.nfl.com/players/knowshonmoreno/gamelogs?id=MOR120768&season=2009

Through November last season, Moreno averaged 4.23 YPC.
(He averaged 5.0 yards per carry in November, which happened to be the month he had the most carries.) He also added 100 yards receiving during that stretch. He was an integral part of us starting 6-0.

So far this season, Chris Johnson has averaged 4.1 YPC.

Ray Rice is averaging 4.0 YPC this season.

Rice ran for only 523 yards his rookie season.

I'm not comparing anyone from a talent perspective. I'm just pointing out that it's absurd to make definitive judgments about a player this early in his career, particularly when he's had injuries.

Is he injury-prone? Quite possibly, and if he is... all bets are off.

But, to make a statement that he's a "journeyman," 18 months into the career of a guy who came out as a junior is a little ridiculous.

Popps
10-28-2010, 12:57 PM
There is a more fundamental problem than talent in our running game.

Our current OL/RB scheme and coaching isn't getting the most out of the talent that is there.

What makes anyone think bringing in another RB is going to even help?

There is a very clear difference in the execution between the passing game and run blocking.

You watch our WRs run crisp routes, stop and go, or come back and Orton is constantly throwing to a space where the receiver is going to be rather than where he is. There is a huge amount of trust and chemistry there especially between Orton and Lloyd because Kyle is more than willing to throw the ball up there and let Lloyd fight it out for the grab. That's more than execution, that's a WR willing to put his body on the line for his QB. That's the kind of team play and chemistry that was so clear cut in the first 5-6 games of the season in our passing game.

Watch Orton's drop backs compared to down and distance, how the trip WR formation uses the lead WRs to block out the underneath coverage for the 3rd WR.

All that is the right talent working in a solid system coached up to the hilt.

Now compare that to the running game where I've seen Walton get confused over simple stunts and twists. The interior of the line get confused as to who picks up the A or B gap blitzer. Sure, Clady was playing at less than 100% and probably Harris to but there's a fundamental difference between playing hurt and playing stupid.

This season, in the run game, we're playing stupid. About the ONLY back who hits the hole with any confidence was Buckhalter in our last game against the Jets. The rest of the backs are running, well, scared because they EXPECT defenders in the backfield. The entire line looks like they're playing not to make mistakes rather than trusting the guy beside them and playing all out.

Excellent post, and this sounds essentially like what our own coach has said about the situation. Couldn't agree more. Everyone is accountable for what's happening.

Rabb
10-28-2010, 12:58 PM
not to mention, Matthews was actually benched for Sproles at one point and it wasn't an injury thing...wasn't he?

also, I will say while I think Spiller is the most talented out of the bunch...he's behind Fred Jackson on the chart

Fred

Jackson

baja
10-28-2010, 01:00 PM

I think this is a great point by Fontaine. I have suspected for weeks now this is a coaching problem the part that is baffling is how can the line be so night and day from run blocking to pass protection. It's the same coaches right?

fontaine
10-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Excellent post, and this sounds essentially like what our own coach has said about the situation. Couldn't agree more. Everyone is accountable for what's happening.

Yes, one of very few things Josh has done right in the run game is put the coaches on notice.

When he made statements to the press about our run game saying that everyone needs to do a better job, including the coaches then it's a not too subtle way of giving them a warning.

We've got the rest of the season to see if they can respond. Even with all the injuries there's no way the run game should be sucking THIS bad.

Popps
10-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Yes, one of very few things Josh has done right in the run game is put the coaches on notice.

When he made statements to the press about our run game saying that everyone needs to do a better job, including the coaches then it's a not too subtle way of giving them a warning.

We've got the rest of the season to see if they can respond. Even with all the injuries there's no way the run game should be sucking THIS bad.

Agree, and it's odd... because the running game is an area I think McDaniels and the offensive coaches deserve direct criticism. Yet, everyone wants to blame Moreno or Maroney, for flip's sake.

C'mon. Use your eyes.

cutthemdown
10-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Agree, and it's odd... because the running game is an area I think McDaniels and the offensive coaches deserve direct criticism. Yet, everyone wants to blame Moreno or Maroney, for flip's sake.

C'mon. Use your eyes.

Yeah but Maroney wasn't getting it done in NE either so there could be something to that.

Tell me this Popps if Moreno got healthy for some of the games this yr, and looked decent, about what he did at some points last yr etc, would you even then feel good about counting on him to be your lead back heading into next yr.

Even the Raiders got Bush and Mcfadden drafted hoping 1 would pan out. In KC they drafted Charles and brought in a proven vet, in SD they kept Sproles and made a new first round pick, etc etc.

Can Broncos not invest in RB this coming offseason? I say no way they can't. They probably will want to bring in 2 new runners. One drafted and maybe a FA also.

Your theory only mean we need a center, gaurd, and an OT still. The line does stink, but so do the runners.

cutthemdown
10-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Popps telling people to use there eyes is like Stevie Wonder giving driving lessons.

DarkHorse
10-28-2010, 01:39 PM

Make your lame jokes all you want, he as produced.

That was no joke, just my humble opinion. I've been a Moreno fan since we drafted him, i've defended him, but i've slowly fallen off of the bandwagon a bit.

Not going to sit here and quote a lot of the posts here but I will agree that I think this is the absolute worst offensive line that I can remember us putting on the field. I'm hoping that this is 90% of the problem with this kid and that the other 10% is just Patriots style 'no need to run the ball' coaching scheme.

I won't, however, eat crow if he turns it around as I have supported him from day 1. Like everyone else, i'm fed up with the garbage team that we're putting on the field and to me that starts with the inability to run the football. Our short yardage incompetence sucks balls and now Moreno in and out of the lineup putting up a paltry 2.x ypc average is standing out. The line and the RB's need put on notice, plain and simple.

The one good thing about us right now is that we're young - I hope these O-line guys take 7 steps forward going into 2011 - if we have a 2011.

Durango
10-28-2010, 01:40 PM

C'mon. Use your eyes.

You're right on here. These position assistants absolutely suck, especially for the RB's & O-line (using Turner and Dennison as a measuring stick), and I still believe Moreno could be exponentially more effective if he had effective relief. Running him 20-30 carries a game clearly doesn't seem to be his forte, but 10-15 touches including receptions and this guy might explode in production.

Of course, that requires a relief back that doesn't take the production down to zero, which seems to be the case with Moroney.

Gort
10-28-2010, 01:42 PM
http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/peytonhillis.jpg

Ohhh no you diiinnn't!...

cue the Hillis-haters in 3... 2... 1...

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Has this been confirmed anywhere else?

Popps
10-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Naw you said things like everything will be fine, Broncos great, nothing to worry about it.

Is that English?

Dagmar
10-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Has this been confirmed anywhere else?

He's "going to be fine" for Sunday. This all came from a practice report that McD refuted this morning.

Popps
10-28-2010, 01:53 PM
There's no one move that is going to solve everything. That shouldn't stop us from addressing a clear need at runningback. Moreno may be able to carry the load, but as of right now, he's a huge question mark in terms of both durability and production. Whether we address it via free agency or through the draft, we should do something to bring more depth and competition to the runningback position.

I'd agree, here. I don't buy into the Moreno-hate, but I think the trend in the NFL now is to have two high quality RB's to rotate. I'd like to see a speedier brought in for a home run threat. Moreno is a plodder and a pounder who (when he has blocking) can rip off 4-10 yard chunks. I'd certainly like to see another back in the fold to compete.

fontaine
10-28-2010, 02:11 PM
I think this is a great point by Fontaine. I have suspected for weeks now this is a coaching problem the part that is baffling is how can the line be so night and day from run blocking to pass protection. It's the same coaches right?

I have no way of finding this out but I'd love to know the ratio of pass plays vs run plays done in training camp.

I've a feeling most of the drills/7 on 7s, and situational plays were around the passing game.

baja
10-28-2010, 02:16 PM
I have no way of finding this out but I'd love to know the ratio of pass plays vs run plays done in training camp.

I've a feeling most of the drills/7 on 7s, and situational plays were around the passing game.

Even so we've been unable to get a runner out of the backfield most all season. Good coaching should be able to adjust this. Also good coaching should not need to "try out" players at different O line positions on Gameday I would think.

fontaine
10-28-2010, 02:24 PM

C'mon. Use your eyes.

Moreno, no.

Maroney, yes absolutely. The next time you watch Maroney you'll see a guy who doesn't run with forward body lean, his footwork is indecisive, he rarely hits the hole with any real intent or speed and too often get's leg tackled by the first guy.

Even when there's no hole you coach/expect the guy to make at the most one cut, run straight, run hard and make the first tackler pay through the nose so that when THERE IS a hole or even a small crease you blow it wide open and gain every bit of real estate that's out there.

Maroney runs like he's expecting to be decapitated in the backfield, which, to be fair, has been the case, but that's still no excuse.

I remember when Bobby Turner wouldn't even let a RB on the field unless the guy would one cut and run downhill in his sleep.

Take Larsen for example. The guy is not a physical speciman, isn't really built like a lead blocker but I've seen him run straight into a wall of bodies at the line of scrimmage as if he was a crash test dummy. THAT'S a guy who believes in what he's doing and because of that he's forced McDaniels to use him in the run game when typically McDaniels offense hardly ever calls for a FB.

go_broncos
10-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Mcd should not have traded Hillis..Biggest mistake by him and he will pay the price.

Los Broncos
10-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Mcd should not have traded Hillis..Biggest mistake by him and he will pay the price.

BroncoMan4ever
10-28-2010, 02:35 PM

Knowshon Moreno, RB DEN
News: RB Knowshon Moreno was seen grabbing his right hamstring just above the knee and talking to the team's head trainer at the end of the open media period at practice Wednesday. Hours earlier, head coach Josh McDaniels talked about an expanded role for Moreno starting this week. It's too early to speculate on the Broncos' rusher at this point, but his hamstring problems have been well documented this season. The Broncos play the 49ers in London on Sunday.

how the hell does Greek still have a job in Denver? does he have photos of Bowlen blowing Shanahan or something, because this team has annually had an abnormally high amount of pulled muscles and injuries, when compared with the rest of the league.

bowtown
10-28-2010, 03:00 PM
how the hell does Greek still have a job in Denver? does he have photos of Bowlen blowing Shanahan or something, because this team has annually had an abnormally high amount of pulled muscles and injuries, when compared with the rest of the league.

Because Greek is a doctor and has absolutely nothing to do with conditioning.

LRtagger
10-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Yea it's Tuten who is the douche in all this.

BroncoMan4ever
10-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Because Greek is a doctor and has absolutely nothing to do with conditioning.

thanks for catching that mistake. I meant Tuten. although truthfully, i can't understand why McDaniels let go of basically every former person who was part of Shanahan's staff aside from the Medical staff and Tuten, and the chronic injuries have been a problem dating back to Shanahan's regime.

cutthemdown
10-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Is that English?

You do know your English I will give you that. Football? well not so much.

fontaine
10-28-2010, 03:31 PM
For me the two chiefs games are going to be telling.

Last year in arrowhead we physically dominated with our OL.

Anyone who thinks the zone blocking scheme isn't physical needs to go back and rewatch that game where time after time our OL pushed, bullied and beat down their front 7, three sometimes four yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

Yes that's right, our OL was firing off the snap and pushing their DL off the ball 3/4 yards downfield each time.

That was the game were we rolled up over 200 yards on the ground on the way to dropping 44 on them and everyone lost their mind when Hillis came in late in the game and bullied their run defense.

Except people forget that along with Hillis fighting tacklers the OL was blowing up their defense 3/4 yards downfield.

Weigmann pretty much played out of his skin against his old team and he reminded me of Nalen the way he was pushing/steering DTs with his laterall speed and upper body strength (hopefully he won't play like that against us, it would really suck).

See the blue line? That's the line of scrimmage.

See the yellow line? That's where our OL is.

What's especially funny is the amount of chiefs that are either on the ground or going backwards.

Any questions?

cutthemdown
10-29-2010, 03:06 PM
I'd agree, here. I don't buy into the Moreno-hate, but I think the trend in the NFL now is to have two high quality RB's to rotate. I'd like to see a speedier brought in for a home run threat. Moreno is a plodder and a pounder who (when he has blocking) can rip off 4-10 yard chunks. I'd certainly like to see another back in the fold to compete.

A pounder? Oh man this is classic. Moreno has avg tackle breaking ability, and avg speed, with below avg wiggle. If anything you bring in an everydown back and let Moreno be a bkup. If at some point he gets in and finally performs then great.

Also in the NFL you give the ball to players who can make big plays. Not too many teams just hand ball off to a plodder. Grant in GB maybe. Mendenhall in Pitt but he has amazing burst for a big runner.

No way Broncos can go into next yr only bringing in a change of pace back to compliment someone who stinks.

cutthemdown
10-29-2010, 03:07 PM
The zone blocking got tougher when NFL tightened the rule on cut blocking. Then when you get into the redzone Fontaine it can get a lot tougher to move laterally.

Whatever though anything would be better then this crap.

Popps
10-29-2010, 03:48 PM
You do know your English I will give you that. Football? well not so much.

Wow, you even ****ed up that post.

No wonder you can't put together a decent post... you're illiterate.

cutthemdown
10-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Funny pops never picks the football posts to quote because she knows she is wrong on all of them. She can probably grade a spelling test though. Cheerleader with a dictionary is all you are.

baja
10-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Funny pops never picks the football posts to quote because she knows she is wrong on all of them. She can probably grade a spelling test though. Cheerleader with a dictionary is all you are.

Well I going to join the long list of posters that is asking you, "What happened to you cut?"

oubronco
10-29-2010, 09:06 PM

Anyone who thinks the zone blocking scheme isn't physical needs to go back and rewatch that game where time after time our OL pushed, bullied and beat down their front 7, three sometimes four yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

Yes that's right, our OL was firing off the snap and pushing their DL off the ball 3/4 yards downfield each time.

That was the game were we rolled up over 200 yards on the ground on the way to dropping 44 on them and everyone lost their mind when Hillis came in late in the game and bullied their run defense.

Except people forget that along with Hillis fighting tacklers the OL was blowing up their defense 3/4 yards downfield.

Weigmann pretty much played out of his skin against his old team and he reminded me of Nalen the way he was pushing/steering DTs with his laterall speed and upper body strength (hopefully he won't play like that against us, it would really suck).

See the blue line? That's the line of scrimmage.

See the yellow line? That's where our OL is.

What's especially funny is the amount of chiefs that are either on the ground or going backwards.

Any questions?

Nice

Popps
10-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Well I going to join the long list of posters that is asking you, "What happened to you cut?"

Dude, he's trash. Put that s#it on ignore so the place doesn't get littered up.

cutthemdown
10-30-2010, 12:15 AM

Nothing Baja. The facts are distorted. Notice even though your post about this had a slight typo Popps didn't pounce on it? Basically it's more just me sticking up for myself why she says a bunch of personal insults. Go back through some of threads and check it out. I complain about Broncos, say they are soft, and posters like popps will go on the attack.

Then later, after person is fed up with it they try and take the high road.

10-30-2010, 12:21 AM

Hilarious!

Good luck with that this year. We have one of the best run defenses in football.

You're going to get owned.

cutthemdown
10-30-2010, 12:30 AM

See Baja I am trash because I said from early in offseason Broncos were a soft team headed for one of our worst seasons ever. So from that point they have hated me. Not because I am trash or a bad person. They have no idea what kind of person I am. I talked about how I felt about the team. That's it Baja.

I said things like Moreno soft and horrible etc etc and people like popps just get all bent over it.

Then next thing you know she is correcting your grammar, saying you are stupid, attacking what kind of person you are etc.

Funny that people think they can judge anything from a football board other then what you think about football and the Broncos. Popps, she can tell what kind of person you are just from reading what you think about the team.

TomServo
10-30-2010, 02:11 AM
we dont hate moreno. we hate that we wasted a no.12 pick on him. we hate the fact that after 1 and 1/2 years in the league he still hasnt passed the phone kiosk guy in a longer run from scrimmage. if he can get yards and touchdowns as a reciever, shouldnt we make him a reciever? as a RB he isnt performing.
last year i complained(bitched) about his Stupid hand slap dance during our last 4 game losing streak when the dumbass found the endzone and he was averaging like 1.8 per carry. this year, @ the same ypc,were getting embarrased by the raiders and??? same damn thing. he wasnt trying to fire up the team. he was Dancing, Dancing.
did anyone see Dez Bryants td's monday night?compare that to our idiot RB.

Drek
10-30-2010, 05:51 AM
A pounder? Oh man this is classic. Moreno has avg tackle breaking ability, and avg speed, with below avg wiggle.

Oh my ****.

How to even respond to such a complete and total lack of football IQ?

cutthemdown
10-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Oh my ****.

How to even respond to such a complete and total lack of football IQ?

Oh really? Would you like to say which of those 3 aspects of Morenos game is above avg for an NFL player. Please by all means enlighten me with your football IQ.

cutthemdown
10-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Moreno is Sammy Winder all over again. 2-3 yrds and a pile of dust where the defense pounds him back into the turf.

Bronco Yoda
10-30-2010, 11:51 AM
We need a 244-250 lb. beast to pound the ball. We also need someone with legit breakaway speed. Right now we have neither on our roster.

cutthemdown
10-30-2010, 12:11 PM
We need a 244-250 lb. beast to pound the ball. We also need someone with legit breakaway speed. Right now we have neither on our roster.

So Yoda what do you think about my saying Moreno is avg in all areas? Is that something you would consider an outlandish horrid football IQ type take?

Drek seems to think that which seems really funny to me. The only thing that makes sense is he just doesn't like me and is trying to score some points with his other homer buddies like his girlfriend popps.

OABB
10-30-2010, 12:12 PM
Moreno is Sammy Winder all over again. 2-3 yrds and a pile of dust where the defense pounds him back into the turf.

He has above average lateral movement and hurdling ability. He also has good vision.

cutthemdown
10-30-2010, 12:22 PM
He has above average lateral movement and hurdling ability. He also has good vision.

For an NFL running back he isn't above avg in either of those categories. His wiggle is crap. Maybe he can hurdle just haven't got to see it because he is always hurt or stopped after 3 yrds.

Not saying he should be cut only that his is a work load sharing type back, or a bkup. No way Broncos can count on Moreno or Maroney next yr. They have to bring in some runners.

Bronco Yoda
10-30-2010, 12:27 PM
So Yoda what do you think about my saying Moreno is avg in all areas? Is that something you would consider an outlandish horrid football IQ type take?

Drek seems to think that which seems really funny to me. The only thing that makes sense is he just doesn't like me and is trying to score some points with his other homer buddies like his girlfriend popps.

I think you are right on the money. In some areas he's below average. Really suprising considering his college days. His injury problems only make things worse.

Drek
10-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Oh really? Would you like to say which of those 3 aspects of Morenos game is above avg for an NFL player. Please by all means enlighten me with your football IQ.

Probably the one I bolded. His "wiggle". You know, that term often used to describe a player's agility, lateral mobility, quickness, acceleration, etc..

Just FYI: it was a nearly unanimous statement by all profesionals in the field of draft scouting that Moreno has "wiggle" like almost no one else.

So unless you're claiming that you are more capable of critiquing an NFL player than almost every single draft scout, analyst,etc. you're completely off base by saying he has no "wiggle".

The one skill Moreno is incredibly deficient in is the ability to run with defenders draped all over him before he crosses the LOS. Yet even then he almost always generates positive yardage.

ro_50
10-30-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't know who has a more annoying hammy, Moreno or Revis?

azbroncfan
10-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Moreno blows thats the bottom line. Denver blew a 12 pick on a poor man's kevin faulk without return ability and 4.8 speed not to mention always has a bruised vag.

Raider Bill
10-30-2010, 12:47 PM
http://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/OAK/photos/clubimages/2010/10-October/102410-invesco37--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Owned!!!

baja
10-30-2010, 12:51 PM

I agree with the first two but I wonder about his vision. In fact I think that might be his biggest issue. It's either vision or he's thinking too much something is preventing him from hitting a hole, not that there are an abundance of them.

cutthemdown
10-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Moreno blows thats the bottom line. Denver blew a 12 pick on a poor man's kevin faulk without return ability and 4.8 speed not to mention always has a bruised vag.

You can't be a fan if you say things like that around here.

TheReverend
10-30-2010, 12:56 PM
http://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/OAK/photos/clubimages/2010/10-October/102410-invesco37--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Owned!!!

That's an awesome picture.

I mean, sucks for us, but still that's a really cool photo

Dagmar
10-30-2010, 01:03 PM

Why not go back to making horrific racist comments, you fail at everything else.

cutthemdown
10-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Funny that nothing can just be about football. It's always has to turn to what someone thinks about someone else. Dagmar says nothing about the football aspect of the post. He just calls someone a racist?

sixtimeseight
10-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Please don't quote that worthless racist piece of ****, most of us have him on ignore for a reason.

Popps
10-30-2010, 01:43 PM
That's an awesome picture.

I mean, sucks for us, but still that's a really cool photo

Should be cool for the staff, too. As in, a clear cut example of what the **** is wrong with our blocking.

Where is the guy who's supposed to be accountable for him?

Flex Gunmetal
10-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Funny that nothing can just be about football. It's always has to turn to what someone thinks about someone else. Dagmar says nothing about the football aspect of the post. He just calls someone a racist?

You are obviously unaware, please carry on.

TheReverend
10-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Should be cool for the staff, too. As in, a clear cut example of what the **** is wrong with our blocking.

Clady is looking back with a pretty puzzled look on his face.

bap454
10-30-2010, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=Raider Bill;2987975]http://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/OAK/photos/clubimages/2010/10-October/102410-invesco37--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Owned!!![/Q

Just look at Clady and Waldon......"um maybe we should have blocked them"? just unbelievable how people think Moreno sucks with this type of blocking. Even considering the shotty blocking Moreno was way better than the other turds.

fontaine
10-30-2010, 02:18 PM

JD Walton. He was late of the snap and Seymour just flew by him, it was late in the game.

WolfpackGuy
10-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Damn, the stadium looks deserted.

baja
10-30-2010, 02:29 PM

There's actually two raiders in the back field both on Moreno and Clady doesn't seem to be occupied

CEH
10-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Damn, the stadium looks deserted.

I remember the play still fresh. Haven't seen a guy blow someone up since Al Wilson blew up that Pats WR in '05

I stayed till the end but it's about 5:00 pm and the score is 59-14.

OABB
10-30-2010, 02:32 PM
I agree with the first two but I wonder about his vision. In fact I think that might be his biggest issue. It's either vision or he's thinking too much something is preventing him from hitting a hole, not that there are an abundance of them.

The thing preventing him from hitting a hole is called a defensive linemen. Typically, although I may be wrong according to assbronco and cutthemoff, but a runningback needs a thing called a "hole". A "hole" is created when an offensive linemen "blocks" a defender preventing said defender from reaching the running back.

It is no surprise to me, or anyone here that watches football, why moreno is so much more effective the passing game than the running game. It's called space.

Dagmar
10-30-2010, 02:39 PM

Because the football part of the post is retarded. Pointless.

Poor man's Kevin Faulk? Ok and the fact that he is someone who throws round racist comments means he is worth nothing but disrespect.

Back to your usual upbeat posts founded in nothing but speculation and worthless opinion...

baja
10-30-2010, 03:05 PM
The thing preventing him from hitting a hole is called a defensive linemen. Typically, although I may be wrong according to assbronco and cutthemoff, but a runningback needs a thing called a "hole". A "hole" is created when an offensive linemen "blocks" a defender preventing said defender from reaching the running back.

It is no surprise to me, or anyone here that watches football, why moreno is so much more effective the passing game than the running game. It's called space.

Well that's all very funny but there have been times he has appeared hesitant to make his cut. He isn't always meant in the back field just very often.

BTW I'm a big Moreno fan I think he will be great if we ever get a blocking scheme together.

azbroncfan
10-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Why not go back to making horrific racist comments, you fail at everything else.

Cry me a river please. He is what he is very average. Haynesworth is a POS and he is the one who brought slavery comments to NFL football.

sixtimeseight
10-30-2010, 03:07 PM

He's not unaware, he's just the only other guy on the board that might be even more of a racist, bigoted piece of **** than azbroncosfan

azbroncfan
10-30-2010, 03:10 PM
He's not unaware, he's just the only other guy on the board that might be even more of a racist, bigoted piece of **** than azbroncosfan

Quote:
Date placed:
Jan 10, 2010 12:09p
Wager $1800 to win $2050

Date settled:
Jan 10, 2010 8:04p
Amount Paid: $2050
Single #164724895 (Win)
Football - NFL Lines (Game) Money Line
(108) Arizona Cardinals +3 (-130)
NFL PLAYOFFS - WILDCARD ROUND
Sun@4:40p

Final Scores
Green Bay Packers 45
Arizona Cardinals 51

Ring a bell liar? You need to go back to basic math.

sixtimeseight
10-30-2010, 03:27 PM
<table id="post2988131" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr title="Post 2988131"><td class="thead" style="font-weight: normal;" id="currentPost">http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_new.gif 10-30-2010, 01:10 PM </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2"> Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=1475)
azbroncfan (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=1475) </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1"> This message is hidden because azbroncfan is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
</td></tr></tbody></table>

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:eq7yMJty0d7DMM:http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr163/NinjaShade_04/CoolStoryBro.jpg&t=1

Dedhed
10-30-2010, 03:29 PM

Well here's a dimwitted post.

First, Moreno hasn't been 100% yet this year, but despite that fact he's been absolutely superior to every other back on this roster in every category imaginable.

If you're dumb enough to compare him to RBs who a running behind far superior run blocking OLs, you might say that Moreno "hasn't shown anything".

If you judge him at all fairly based on running behind atrocious blocking, he's shown quite a bit.

And this says nothing of his pass catching production or his pass blocking which both only add to his impact on this team.

People doubting Knowshon will eat their words eventually.

Dagmar
10-30-2010, 03:29 PM

Lying about a bet >>>>>>>>>>> being a horrific racist dick.

Dagmar
10-30-2010, 03:30 PM

First, Moreno hasn't been 100% yet this year, but despite that fact he's been absolutely superior to every other back on this roster in every category imaginable.

If you're dumb enough to compare him to RBs who a running behind far superior run blocking OLs, you might say that Moreno "hasn't shown anything".

If you judge him at all fairly based on running behind atrocious blocking, he's shown quite a bit.

And this says nothing of his pass catching production or his pass blocking which both only add to his impact on this team.

Absolutely. If he gets a run from now till the end of the year, and they may be hard with hamstrings being ****ly, I think he'll show the doubters. Some people are so entrenched in their opinions they will never be sway. Thankfully, they don't go to the games...

sixtimeseight
10-30-2010, 03:34 PM
In case anybody has forgotten what a racist piece of **** azbroncsosfan is (warning, extremely racist, bigoted post ahead):

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2946402#post2946402

sixtimeseight
10-30-2010, 03:36 PM
And the fact that he was only banned for like a week for that speaks to just how poorly this board is run and moderated. I got banned for the same amount of time for jokingly suggesting that Taco John was a Cleveland Browns' fan. Think about that for a second.

Dedhed
10-30-2010, 03:44 PM
In case anybody has forgotten what a racist piece of **** azbroncsosfan is (warning, extremely racist, bigoted post ahead):

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2946402#post2946402

Wow, I missed that thread. Way to go Taco, keeping that turd around. That's exactly what this board needs.

cutthemdown
10-30-2010, 06:06 PM

Well I have no idea about any previous racist comments. Still though we are talking about Moreno. What does someones views on race have to do with if Moreno is avg or above avg?

Moreno won't be the Broncos starting running back next year. At best he will be part of a committee approach. No way any team would go 3 yrs in a row when the player hasn't shown he can get it down.

Taco John
10-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Wow, I missed that thread. Way to go Taco, keeping that turd around. That's exactly what this board needs.

LOL!

I love how you say you missed that, and then jump down my throat for missing it.

You're a real piece of work.

baja
10-30-2010, 06:56 PM
And the fact that he was only banned for like a week for that speaks to just how poorly this board is run and moderated. I got banned for the same amount of time for jokingly suggesting that Taco John was a Cleveland Browns' fan. Think about that for a second.

Your absolutely right.....

You should have been banned for at least a month.

sixtimeseight
10-30-2010, 07:03 PM
I would expect nothing less out of you than to defend a racist piece of **** like azbroncofan. Aren't you like 100 years old? No wonder, you probably owned slaves yourself.

TomServo
10-31-2010, 02:40 AM
one and a half years in the nfl is a Long time to wait. one and a half years for the no. 12 pick in the entire draft to break a run over 36 yards?

cutthemdown
10-31-2010, 06:11 AM

When? We would love to eat our words. That would mean Moreno playing well which is what we all want.

The reality is if you haven't established yourself by year 3 it probably isn't going to happen. Here and there you get players that for whatever reason take 3-4 yrs to become good starters but not often. Usually they play good early in career or it doesn't work out.

Moreno IMO will have to really dominate towards end of the year for the Broncos to not look at RBS in the offseason. But even next yr when Broncos bring some in he still has a chance. Broncos will keep him around for sure. He could still break out but he looks so slow and seems to lack the wiggle needed to make people miss in the open field. His tackle breaking ability seems avg at best for the NFL so not sure he can overcome the wiggle problem.

Rock Chalk
10-31-2010, 08:40 AM
Date placed:
Jan 10, 2010 12:09p
Wager $1800 to win $2050

Date settled:
Jan 10, 2010 8:04p
Amount Paid: $2050
Single #164724895 (Win)
Football - NFL Lines (Game) Money Line
(108) Arizona Cardinals +3 (-130)
NFL PLAYOFFS - WILDCARD ROUND
Sun@4:40p

Final Scores
Green Bay Packers 45
Arizona Cardinals 51

Because sixtimeseight has you on ignore and since no one seems to give a **** about quoting people I have on ignore.

Spider
10-31-2010, 09:38 AM
NoShow with a bad hammy ...........color me shocked

Dagmar
10-31-2010, 09:49 AM
NoShow with a bad hammy ...........color me shocked

Retard making an uninformed post to fit his twattish agenda, color me shocked .

And Knowshon is active.

Go back to your truck that is awash in Raiders memorabilia.

Spider
10-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Retard making an uninformed post to fit his twattish agenda, color me shocked .

And Knowshon is active.

Go back to your truck that is awash in Raiders memorabilia.

does mcD know bout your man crush on Noshow ?

Rock Chalk
10-31-2010, 10:56 AM
does mcD know bout your man crush on Noshow ?
Not for nothing Spider but hammy's tend to linger if not given proper time to heal and this is his first hamstring injury in his career.

*shrug* But hate away, Im not here to stop you.

Rock Chalk
10-31-2010, 10:57 AM
LOL!

I love how you say you missed that, and then jump down my throat for missing it.

You're a real piece of work.

To be fair, its not his job to moderate the forums and thus read all the posts on all the threads. It's your job.

TheReverend
10-31-2010, 11:22 AM
To be fair, its not his job to moderate the forums and thus read all the posts on all the threads. It's your job.

True. But also there's a report button for a reason.

Spider
10-31-2010, 01:17 PM
Not for nothing Spider but hammy's tend to linger if not given proper time to heal and this is his first hamstring injury in his career.

*shrug* But hate away, Im not here to stop you.

where did I say they didnt ? where did i say he had previous hammy problems ?
Shrug , go ahead read what you want , not here to stop you

DENVERDUI55
06-06-2012, 11:46 AM

Owned!!!

Classic beat down of slowshon.

ozomulsion
06-06-2012, 02:06 PM

When he starts breaking that stretch play for goods yards, and quite often.... I wonder what these "he's a bust, period" people will say.

Beantown Bronco
06-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Classic beat down of slowshon.

Or, yet another indictment of the OLine. He's getting hit a few yards into the backfield, as usual, and most of them are blocking the air.

NorCalBronco7
06-06-2012, 02:39 PM
I liked Knowshown, but never was big on him. Still, from what Knowshowns shown on the field doesnt inspire much, if any, confidence.

Hes making 800k this year. Thats what hes worth.

I still have a bit of hope for him, but without question this is a "do or die" scenario for him in Denver.

He has 3 major things going against him. Health. Cant ever break past the 2nd level (other than screens), and hes not a tough runner between the tackles. I cant see how Fox likes him, and I doubt hes in Denver next year. Hopefully he proves a lot of us wrong, but I wouldnt bet on it with 50:1 odds.

Another thing is Knowshown just seems like a self-centered person. "sauced".....dudes needs to grow the hell up.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Or, yet another indictment of the OLine. He's getting hit a few yards into the backfield, as usual, and most of them are blocking the air.

Couple things going on in that picture. Was he supposed to run to the right? The blocking looks like it was a designed run to the right while knowsho up is running the wrong way.

Tombstone RJ
06-06-2012, 02:46 PM
I liked Knowshown, but never was big on him. Still, from what Knowshowns shown on the field doesnt inspire much, if any, confidence.

Hes making 800k this year. Thats what hes worth.

I still have a bit of hope for him, but without question this is a "do or die" scenario for him in Denver.

He has 3 major things going against him. Health. Cant ever break past the 2nd level (other than screens), and hes not a tough runner between the tackles. I cant see how Fox likes him, and I doubt hes in Denver next year. Hopefully he proves a lot of us wrong, but I wouldnt bet on it with 50:1 odds.

Another thing is Knowshown just seems like a self-centered person. "sauced".....dudes needs to grow the hell up.

What I've noticed about KM is that he runs hard, that is, he lowers his shoulders and delivers the hits rather than being hit. He's a tough runner so I give him props for that.

What I've also noticed about KM is he has terrible feet. Absolutely horrid footwork. I've never seen a RB tap dance as much as KM with absolutely zero results. It's really baffling to watch.

If I was his RB coached I'd concentrate on one thing: footwork.

BroncoMan4ever
06-06-2012, 02:47 PM
damn i thought this was a new thread. i opened it up thinking "already?"

Beantown Bronco
06-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Couple things going on in that picture. Was he supposed to run to the right? The blocking looks like it was a designed run to the right while knowsho up is running the wrong way.

The guy tackling him is obviously coming at him from his right side, so I don't think the play stood any chance of going anywhere that way.

cutthemdown
06-06-2012, 02:51 PM
What I've noticed about KM is that he runs hard, that is, he lowers his shoulders and delivers the hits rather than being hit. He's a tough runner so I give him props for that.

What I've also noticed about KM is he has terrible feet. Absolutely horrid footwork. I've never seen a RB tap dance as much as KM with absolutely zero results. It's really baffling to watch.

If I was his RB coached I'd concentrate on one thing: footwork.

What you are picking up on is something that sometimes you just can't know until they make the pros. He's not a natural runner with vision and agility. He had some athletic ability and a good work ethic. That made him a good college runner. In the pros though you have to either be able to run around defenders and make them miss tackles, run over people, or be so fast you run by them all the time. Moreno is none of those. To be really good you almost need 2 of the 3. Wiggle and speed, or wiggle and power, or power and speed etc etc, if you only have 1 of them you aren't a great back.

Guys like Peterson who can do all 3 are pretty rare.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 03:30 PM
The guy tackling him is obviously coming at him from his right side, so I don't think the play stood any chance of going anywhere that way.

I see clady with his thumb up his butt. Walton pushed all the way into the backfield and franklin nowhere to be found. Classic busted play. RBs with great vision can improvise these situations. But I'm not sure knowsho even had time to make a split second decision. That's an ugly picture. Ha!

R-Mac
06-06-2012, 03:38 PM
I was a huge Moreno fan in 2009, he was my favorite player in that draft. After finishing the 2008 season with the 2nd highest YPC, I thought the Broncos would have a special running game with a 1st round RB like Moreno. Unfortunately, the blocking scheme changed and McDaniels' complex system ruined the performance of several players. The OL, a strong unit in 2008, struggled and Casey Wiegmann said he had never seen such a complicated offense before.

Moreno has enough skills to be a good all-around RB, but my biggest problem with his career so far has been his soft attitude. He never looked hungry enough to keep the starting job, be the franchise RB and stay on the field as much as possible. Moreno leaves the field after a good run or reception, looking breathless with poor stamina. Buckhalter started 7 games in 2009 and McGahee became the starter in 2011. We now see Moreno as a situational player, but he should be the workhorse that plays on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down. And that's what made him a valuable prospect in 2009, he was considered the most complete RB that could run, catch and pick up the blitz.

I was disappointed when I saw Moreno in the 2011 offseason, looking so much lighter. I honestly thought he was sick. And when he was having a really good game, with 2 impressive big runs against the Chiefs, his knee was gone. I still think that a healthy Moreno is a much better RB than Ronnie Hillman, but now the Broncos must feed Hillman and show he was a good pick that can produce.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 03:42 PM
I loved that 2008 Oline. Only 12 sacks given up all year while least penalized in the league.