PDA

View Full Version : Staff hopeful to get Moreno more work...

Popps
10-27-2010, 05:10 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Looking to boost productivity in Denver's running game, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said Wednesday that running back Knowshon Moreno's role is being targeted for expansion.

"Knowshon is going to play a bunch," McDaniels said. "He's not a two-down player. I think the more he plays, the better he's going to be. That's what we're hopeful for."

Moreno accounted for the Broncos' only scoring highlights in last Sunday's 59-14 loss to the Raiders, turning two of his three receptions into touchdowns. He also ran 14 times for 53 yards, improving his season yards rushing to 212 in four games. Moreno missed three games earlier this season because of a strained hamstring.

McDaniels said the Broncos were keenly interested in giving Moreno more opportunities in the passing game, an interest that grew after his strong showing against the Raiders.

"He made an impact in the passing game with some of the opportunities that he had," said McDaniels. "That's something that we felt strongly since the spring. We just haven't been able to get him out there and stay with that."

Injuries from time to time have cut down on the availability for Moreno and increased playing opportunities for backups Correll Buckhalter and Laurence Maroney. But that figures to change with a bigger role for Moreno.

"We feel like he's a guy that makes plays when he has the ball in his hands," McDaniels saisd "'Buck and Laurence can do things too and they'll be there to certainly rest him and give him an opportunity to catch his breath and substitute in some different packages. Knowshon is going to play a bunch."

For his part, Moreno said he's feeling the best he has all season after fighting hamstring injuries during training camp and the regular season.

"I'm feeling good, ready to go, ready to play," said Moreno.

Popps
10-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Moreno did play decent in the disaster. Aside from his goofy dance when we were down 30 pts, it was a nice showing. I'm hoping we can get him more carries and sustain some more drives. Some adequate run-blocking would be a good starting point.

He looked like the only guy pumped up to play last week. Hopefully he can get enough touches to get going this week.

McDman
10-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Moreno has actually made our running game look serviceable. If he gets a good O line he's gonna be really good.

Popps
10-27-2010, 05:20 PM
Here's how the kid runs when he has a little room...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/92owAaBGf_A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/92owAaBGf_A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

TheReverend
10-27-2010, 05:31 PM
I don't like his odds this week.

Our OL isn't powerful enough to take on their DL, let alone get to the second level.

Willis should be running free all day.

Popps
10-27-2010, 05:39 PM

Our OL isn't powerful enough to take on their DL, let alone get to the second level.

I wish we would have just dumped a 1st round pick on Mankins.

We've got to get another established lineman to play along with Clady, and I'm not sure Kuper or Harris even count, at this point.

I think Beadles will eventually pan out nicely. Too early to tell on Walton.

Jetmeck
10-27-2010, 05:58 PM
The kid has had a few flashes and def has POTENTIAL and I realize it is rough to run behind the great wall of china line we have. But this again is on McDummy for changing the players, blocking scheme and o line and RB coaches.

Another load dumped squarely on dumbass's shoulders !!!!!

McDman
10-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Moreno did play decent in the disaster. Aside from his goofy dance when we were down 30 pts, it was a nice showing. I'm hoping we can get him more carries and sustain some more drives. Some adequate run-blocking would be a good starting point.

He looked like the only guy pumped up to play last week. Hopefully he can get enough touches to get going this week.

I was kinda mad at first when he did that but I really think he was trying to inject some life into the team. I've not understood the hate for this guy, you can tell he tries extremely hard but he really has no room to work with.

Requiem
10-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Moreno for Prez.

Popps
10-27-2010, 06:12 PM
I was kinda mad at first when he did that but I really think he was trying to inject some life into the team. I've not understood the hate for this guy, you can tell he tries extremely hard but he really has no room to work with.

Yea, I think he's going to be productive for us. He's a work in progress.

Also agree on the celebration. He's just a hyper guy. Should have toned it down, in the big picture... not a huge deal.

WABronco
10-27-2010, 06:18 PM

Ya....not too excited about our prospects. Sopaoga, Smith, Franklin...

baja
10-27-2010, 06:25 PM
I was kinda mad at first when he did that but I really think he was trying to inject some life into the team. <b>I've not understood the hate for this guy,</b> you can tell he tries extremely hard but he really has no room to work with.

Me neither. It's a strange group of posters here. I think it's Popps that refers to them as Madden football posters and it's so true. These guys are all... QB has an off day put in Tebow never mind Quinn is the one that would replace Orton if he is pulled or injured. Lose in a blow out.... fire the coach today I think we got the makings of a good team. One question is the O line coaching can we be this bad?

go_broncos
10-27-2010, 06:54 PM
I don't trust him..He seems to be hurt always..I will not be surprised if he get hurts in this game.